Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
MK Ultra
Hi, had some bussy days. My IC is half done, but Iīm too tired to finish it tonight. Hope Iīll get it posted tomorrow - maybe from work. Iīll adept, so John wonīt be at the steps, when Conell turns up and when the girl comes tpping on his shoulder.
MK Ultra
The Fun of rolling dice - even virtuell ones.

just made one generic perception and loose-tail roll, as well as one etiquette roll. Even if they didnīt spek english at all and we where just communicating non-verbally (4 dice less), and putting other modifires into account (Hostile disposition & not fitting in - at least half, for not speaking spanish), this should be enough, to earn the 1 net to put them from hostile to neutral, given that the default gangers in the book (Leader Int. 3, 2 Scrubs Int. 2, none with the perception skill) would have a pool of 4 dice to resist if they are not distracted or intoxicated. Also this was just a story tool, but I like to apply the rules, so they are clear when things get serious.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
BlueRondo

Running Inez is fine.

MK Ultra

All the rolls look fine - naturally I will generally be the one to decide whether your social tests are successful, but since it is just fluff, it is no problem.
You don't spot any tails (except the ones you came up with yourself).
Vegas
Post if forthcoming. Just kinda under the weather and REALLY tired. I'll try to have it up later today. sorry for the delay Adamu.
Mister Juan
BlueRondo & MK
Is it me or was it never actually established WHO has the napkin with the J on it?
BlueRondo
I thought that she had given it to Krait, but I'll go check.

EDIT: I guess I assumed it went to Krait because he responded first, but it could really go either way. I don't think it will end up making a big difference.
Vegas
Adamu

For accounting purposes, what was the total Cab Fare from the airport to the lockdown?
BlueRondo
Mister Juan

Since Inez is an NPC, perhaps you should make some sort of persuasion roll to see how the girl is affected.
Mister Juan
BR
I was thinking along those lines.... but then again, I wasn't sure if she understood english at all wink.gif

So, here's defaulting whatever to Charisma
Rolls:2,1,4
Hits: 0

Alright.... would anyone think of me as a bad person if Conall physcally subduded a 12 year old girl? nyahnyah.gif
BlueRondo
Yeah, even though she can't understand him, just seeming friendly (or scary) might have an effect.
MK Ultra
I thought You had given the napkin to Conell, because he had given you one, too. But if he dosnīt have it, Iīll have picked it up of course.

EDIT: An Etiquette Roll... 6 hits without modifires, but the online-translation surely dosnīt aleviate the 0 skill-dice restriction for not knowing the language fully, if at all (-4 dice at most), and the girl is probably suspicious by now (-1 dice). Maybe the napkin and/or the candy do some good, though.
Still thatīs 3 hits at least. Inez would resist with Intuition+Perception (remember, planty of adults have that skill at 0).

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Vegas

The cab totalled Y120, but Tuesday was so high she just slotted it. All you have to mark off is the Y250 cover.
adamu
Okay, looks like Inez will be willing to part with the envelope - but I'll let BR post it (don't know whether Carla will be making an appearance or not).
MK Ultra
Perception to see if I notice (and if so, recognize) Carla. Included modifire for distraction... 5 hits (and 6 hits)
Would probably be resisted with Shadowing+Intuition (and Disguise+Intuition)

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Disguise + Intuition roll: 1: 6, 5, 4, 5, 3 = 3 hits.

Here are the contents of the folder:

[ Spoiler ]

Adamu

I wanted to meet somewhere near Meg's Place, but I didn't know exactly what other establishments are in the area. I made up a place just for the time being, but let me know if it can't work for some reason.
MK Ultra
Mister Juan, John will suggest going to some place outside the rough naighborhood, but not far away, in case they want to return after checking the envelope.
Heīd prefer some decent place near the airport, that serves real coffee and/or food (he will once more offer to invite Paddy) and offers some privacy (well separated booths, but not outright private rooms). He wonīt give directions to this place untill they are off a good distance however, to throw off any followers - he says the name of another place while still at the sanctuary.

EDIT:
Looking for tails (9 hits) and loosing them* (2 hits). Checking for wifi (5 hits).
*unless Conell dos not follow the directions John gives him, even though he will say something like 'we are followed, turn left...' if I spot tails we canīt shake, let me know, Iīll sugest doing something, before we sit down some place to discuss business - probably suggesting to confront them.)
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Adamu

Conjuring watcher #1
Conjuring Hits:3
Bringing it down to 1 hour.
Drain 1S
Drain Hits:2
No Drain

Conjuring watcher #2
Conjuring Hits:2
Bringing it down to 1 hour.
Drain 1S
Drain Hits:4
No Drain
MK Ultra
Adamu & Mister Juan
After that chat, John will be ok to take a first look at the appartment, though he will say that heīd need special equipment to search it throughly. You can fast forward to that point, but once inside, he would act like some csi guy talking to a patrole officer ('donīt touch anything' 'donīt do this and that' ...).

Iīm tired, gn8

EDIT: If Conell dosnīt mind, after he read it, John would take back and keep the note from Carla.
MK Ultra
Adamu

Iīd like to get a Forensics Tool-kit. Dos it use the same stats as other tool kits? If so, (Availability -, Cost 500) it should be no problem to get a used (not stolen) one on the black market in 2 hours and return to the flat.*
8 hits for Haggling (price would be 300 nuyen.gif then, if you are still giving a default 3 hits to the black marketeers) - Availability check if necessary would be 5 hits.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
BlueRondo - no problem at all making up reasonable locations not directly connected to the GM-provided storyline. Naturally anything exotic, unlikely, super duper useful to you, or that directly touches on the ongoing story needs to be discussed first. But in this case, I appreciate your taking the initiative and moving things along creatively. No limit on fluff.

MK Ultra - No worries on the forensics kit (no idea how inclined Conall will be to wait for it). Please keep in mind before you go all CSI on me that it is indeed a KIT, not a SHOP or FACILITY. Like on the show, I see the kit as very useful for GATHERING possible evidence, but no much use for ANALYZING it.

MK or MJ - I am working to keep story-important information IN the IC thread. To help me with that, could either of you take a moment and cut-and-paste Carla's note into the post where you read it? Thanks.
adamu
Vegas

Okay, we have already discussed the general theme of this scene, so feel free to be creative with your ongoing posts.

I have some ideas about things that will happen as the night progresses, but I can't imagine whatever wildness you dream up interfering with my own schemes.

This is all basically a way to spend a lot of RL time RPing without a lot of game time going by, so the others can catch up with you but you can keep playing (although as we discussed, this is nonetheless a potentially significant scene for Etain). So your posts can be one-liners of dialogue, or span up to 30 or 40 minutes. If you want to describe one of the evening's escalating "events", feel free. Things will proceed the way a gathering of decadent, spoiled, overly affluent cyberpunk youth would have their "happening" go.

As for the pill you just took - Etain has been inebriated enough times to know what it feels like to have one's inhibitions generally lowered. She is aware that that is exactly what the pill is doing to her - although at this point it is mild enough that she can be objectively conscious of the effect, and there are as yet no game-terms mods. And she doesn't have any of the other negative side effects of drunkenness, just the lowered inhibitions.
MK Ultra
I thought exactly the same about the Kit.

On it to edit in the letter.
Done
adamu
Vegas

I don't have time for my IC reply right now, but one detail I forgot to mention is that once the lockdown happens, Etain notices that her commlink has lost all signals from outside the party - still works inside, though.
MK Ultra
Mister Juan

If you like, make a check with charisma+intimidation. You should take a +1 die for being more physically imposing. Your threshhold would be 6 hits. I might edit my response depending on your hits - just judging from my own roll at the moment.

[ Spoiler ]

John will be Back at the flat at 1400 (IC in the working). He will ait to enter untill 1409, if Conell is not there for some reason.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
John will be Back at the flat at 1400 (IC in the working). He will ait to enter untill 1409, if Conell is not there for some reason.

Just as a side note; it's Conall, not Conell.
Mister Juan
MK
Also, if your roll is to resist Intimidation, it should be Willpower, not Charisma that you use.
MK Ultra
Damn, your right. Thatīs what I get from copy pasting frown.gif
So that would be 4 hits instead of 6

Adamu
Iīll buy successes for scanning. I just recently rered the rules and saw, that itīs an extended test with Threshhold 16+ (probably depending on the abundance of wifi signals), to find unknown hidden nodes and pick them out from the active and passive ones. My agent would score 18 hits in 9 rounds (or actions, I donīt remember).

5 hits for matrix perception. 2 hits on Shadowing, to not be so obvious while checking the surrounding area. 7 hits for Perception (9 for visual & audio), to scan the exterior.
3 hits for matrix perception inside. and a craptacular (at least for this pc) 4 hits for perception* inside, as wellas 3 hits on a plain forensics* roll if needed for anything.
*Dos the kit give some bonus to these?

[ Spoiler ]

If you need the stuff you told BlueRondo, I have allready compiled (though not re-read) it and can send it to you.
Vegas
Adamu

Quick question... I'm assuming there are a total of 7 pills... did you want to handle the "outcome" of Etain taking each one, or is there anything I can be told to write it into posts?
adamu
Vegas

Go ahead and continue your last IC post, including whether you take the second pill. We will go from there.
adamu
MK Ultra

Whatever specific nodes you are looking for you may find, but you have to specify. Even in this relatively low-tech neighborhood there are hundreds of nodes everywhere. Let me know which ones you are focussed on finding.

No tails spotted.

The kit doesn't give bonuses, it prevents penalties, per rules.

MK & MJ

The room is the same as it was when Carla was searching it, except you both see subtle signs that it was searched. MK, if you want to paste some of the old description in, that's fine, but it is not necessary. You can both refer back to the old posts, with the detailed description of the apartment.
If you make any observations based on stuff in the apartment, please include some mention of the clue itself along with the statement of your theories/observations.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
MK & MJ

The room is the same as it was when Carla was searching it, except you both see subtle signs that it was searched. MK, if you want to paste some of the old description in, that's fine, but it is not necessary. You can both refer back to the old posts, with the detailed description of the apartment.
If you make any observations based on stuff in the apartment, please include some mention of the clue itself along with the statement of your theories/observations.

I take it you're just refering to the IC posts earlier in the First Wave?
adamu
Yeah, there are some pretty meaty ones.
And some OOC clarifications, too.

Hmmm. I guess it could be a pain to be flipping back through them. MK - if you have them all compiled, how about reposting the compilation here in the OOC thread, if you have time?
Mister Juan
Adamu
Conall is at first looking for a picture of Esmeralda... hoping she might have a family album of somekind somewhere. The reason why he checks the fridge is because, well, he's hungry wink.gif He will also give a brief once over of astral space, but since assensing isn't really one of his things, he's not going to pay more attention to it than that. He probably won't spot anything unless it obivous (spirits already present, wards, active spells, etc...)

Here's one visual perception roll. I didn't add the +3 for "Perceiver is actively looking for it" because... well... Conall isn't looking some a precise thing. He's actively looking for any kind of clue, but not for an item in particular.

Visual Perception
Hits:2
adamu
Mister Juan

Two hits on your perception test means you can find anything that is in the previous posts on the apartment, including what Carla found when she was rummaging around - stuff not in the initial description such as the book and the red bracelet and so forth.

MK Ultra

You got more general perception test hits than MJ, so obviously you find everything that Carla found as well.

You also find, under the carpet in the closet, a crudely fashioned secret compartment. It contains a cat-o'-nine-tails, but with steel balls on the ends (as opposed to hooks or whatever).

Any forensics stuff you want to do, you need to specify for me.
adamu
BlueRondo

I am sooo sorry - I totally had forgotten about your giving me the cue of knocking on the door to the priests' office.

I skipped forward in my reply to speed things up for you. Maybe in your next post you can summarize what exactly you ask him (I assume it's about using the nun's apartment), and if it is not too exotic or anything he will go right along with it. He really wants to please you - you've earned it.
BlueRondo
Thanks for letting me know, Adamu.
adamu
Vegas

Okay, the first drug lowers your inhibitions, gently dulling higher cognitive centers, the music stimulates your reptilian complex in a blunt-force manner, heightening your various bodily appetites, allowing to dominate and overshadow whatever objections your prefrontal lobe might have (Freudian terms: allows id to overpower superego), and then the designer hallucinogen dances around the consciousness that lies between, stimulating pleasure and creative centers. And whatever you come up with in that state, it has a tendency to run free, to get away from you, since the preceding stages royally mess with your rationlity. The whole thing is designed to render you a creature of pure animal physicality.

On the other hand, it's supposed to be fun, and with effort you can distinguish reality from unreality - if you want to - not sure if Etain wants to or not.

As for what REALLY is happening to Etain - that is for you to decide - my little hallucinogenic sequence offered lots of hints of things that MIGHT be happening, but ultimately it is for YOU to decide, as Etain still has the power to discern ...if she wishes to use it.
So your next post can continue the surreal stuff, or yank things back to reality, or go wherever you like.
(If you stay in dreamy land - I would appreciate an OOC or PM summary of what you decide is happening in reality, as it may have repercussions.)

And speaking of repercussions, as I said, Etain has control of herself now, but this is only the second hour - she and you both know that...well, you know that you are treading a reckless path....in both RP and game-terms.
MK Ultra
Iīll do so, but probably not before tomorrow night. Will be home late today.

However, here are all the IC & OOC posts I found (I did only do a quick search through the threads and didnīt copy BlueRondoīs questions as well, just the answering posts - hope that helps anyway)

[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
Damn, MK... Thanks for throwing all that shit into a spoiler... eek.gif
Mister Juan
BlueRondo
In case you missed it IC, Conall sent Carla a message.
BlueRondo
Yeah, I saw that - I was waiting for Carla finish her call with Mr. Chu before she checked her messages.
BlueRondo
EDIT: [Nevermind - there should really be a delete post option]
MK Ultra
Just to get on everyones nerves, while I still have no time to make any valid post until (probably much) later today.
BlueRondo, your reply to Conall is about 10 minutes earlyer then the original message, acording to your timeposts. Donīt bother to edit because of me. Just thought Iīd remind, that we should do our Timestamps acording to the time the IC post ends.
BlueRondo
Ooh, good catch there. I'll have to keep a closer eye on the timestamps in the future.
Vegas
Adamu

Ok.... you asked for the "reality" to her "unreality" as the time passes...

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Vegas

Wow, you really went all out on the dream interpretation thing. Good fun. You and I had the same read on about fifty percent of the imagery. The rest - great fun to read.

Okay, here is where you are in game terms. You wanna surrender to the whole scene and kiss this guy/do more Bliss, you can.

But if you DON'T want to, that is a Willpower + Logic test, minus two dice for your current state. One success let's you "hold back" a while longer on whatever behaviors you and Etain do not want to pursue further. Two successes let's you do whatever you want to do.

Zero successes means at least kissing the guy to get more Bliss.

In any case - the point Etain is at right now, both physically and mentally, there is no middle ground - she either dives into the scene that is escalating around her, or she pulls back and out of it - there's no sitting on the fence given your immediate circumstances. (Not talking about getting out of the whole party - if you want to, we can address that - just getting out of the little drug/make-out clinch you are immersed in right now.)

So choose your path, rolling dice if you need to.
And know well that taking more Bliss at this point will not only send you deeper into this scene, but will necessitate an Addiction test.
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ Mar 2 2007, 09:07 PM)
Vegas

Wow, you really went all out on the dream interpretation thing.  Good fun.  You and I had the same read on about fifty percent of the imagery.  The rest - great fun to read. 

Adamu

Glad you enjoyed. That is what happens when I'm snowed in and have 2 days to write a post. Heh.

As for the "what will Etain do next" question, I'm making the roll since I'm not 100% certain how I want her to react, and in game she's even more confused. So,

Resist Temptations
WP (4) + Logic (4) + Impaired State (-2) = 6 dice
3 2 4 4 2 2 Hits:0

Well now, that makes that choice rather clear now doesn't it.

So am I rolling for a mental or physical addiction... or both for that matter? Either way, here are a couple more rolls. Subtract anything as necessary for modifiers, didn't know if they applied in this or not.

Mental Addiction Resist
WP (4) + Logic (4) = 8 dice
4 [5] 1 3 3 2 [6] [5] Hits:3

Physical Addiction Resist
WP (4) + Body (3) = 7 dice
[6] 4 3 [6] 2 3 3 Hits:2
adamu
Vegas

Okay, you make the addiction tests, so your overindulgence (this time) does not result in you being hooked.

As for the primary test, you will definitely avail yourself of the Bliss sprinkled all over the boy's lips, and sink further into the current scene.

That said, and I am not spoilering this cuz I want it out there to be seen, as fun as this storyline is, I don't think either of us (or the admins) want it getting any MORE erotic - probably right where we are right now is an appropriate level. Also, as stated before following the rape scene we developed together, I will never again IMPOSE sexuality on a PC.

So yes, you will be "going along" with the current scene for a bit - but what exactly that means is 100% up to you. I am thinking you could do the next IC post covering the next 15 minutes or so until 2 am, and do it either sort of vague/surrealistically, or else as a sort of "fifteen minutes have gone by and this is where she's at/what she realizes she's been up to." And again, exactly how far the current "scene" escalates, and the degree to which Etain gets swept up in it, remains entirely up to YOU.
adamu
Vegas

Wow - perfect (cross)post! Cool. Per my OOC post above, I still would like you to cover the next 15 minutes or so until 2 am.
adamu
Vegas

Yet another cool post.

Once again, need to know if you are taking the next pill. The way things are going, I reckon we all know the answer, but it's still gotta be (and still gets to be) your call.

OOC and/or IC fine, but don't go more than a few seconds forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012