Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
Failed to manage time well this week - no time for second bump.

BUT I SWEAR I WILL MAKE IT UP WITH THREE BUMPS NEXT WEEK.

Really.
adamu
But one note that can't wait - soooooo glad to hear from you Vegas.

And if you are still with us, then of course I definitely will not sideline you!
Jack Robustus
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Sep 26 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Remember the -2 Perception Mod for Distraction if not observing in detail, or the (much more likely) +3 mod for Observe in Detail! smile.gif

Groan. Now I'll have to roll more dice and then apply them to my edited post regarding Jack's scouting expidition. ork.gif
Jack Robustus
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 26 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Failed to manage time well this week - no time for second bump.

BUT I SWEAR I WILL MAKE IT UP WITH THREE BUMPS NEXT WEEK.

Really.

@adamu: Please note that I have edited my most recent post of Jack's scouting of the pub to include die rolls. That's in case you already read the post and were working on it ork.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Sep 22 2009, 04:05 AM) *
I can try to piece together a map, if you give me the details here or via PM, but I can´t garantee for quality nyahnyah.gif

That is great MK. I will PM you with the salient points.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Sep 21 2009, 03:48 PM) *
I'm here... in theory. As in I try to keep up with the thread via email, but have next to NO time to post frown.gif

I really want to stay in and be a part of the run, but I'll understand if Etain has to run off to get her fix instead.

Vegas - as I said, if you want to stay in, you're in.
My advice if you are really busy right now is to let the more active players handle the planning and prep, saving your awesome posting power for the actually abduction!
But feel free to chime in anytime!

SOOO glad you are still with us.
adamu
Okay - so the new plan is for the three males to each make their own personal meat surveillance.
What that really means is that those that post doing so will have done so - those that do not will have persued personal interests.

Jack, go ahead and IC going to the area and doing your surveillance.
I assume you go at night, since you are looking for bouncers, and the darkest part of the parking lot.
The area is well kept up if a bit old/dingy. Seattle 2070's International District is almost all Japanese, with a smattering of Filipinos and, on the fringes, some Southeast Asian ethnic groups. The Japanese are a good mix of the service providers/residents, and other Japanese that come here for a taste of home. There is also no shortage at all of non-Asian shoppers/diners. It's a fairly bustling place.
Occasionally you will see obvious Yakuza, though not sporting swords, and expensively (though possibly not tastefully) dressed.
No Lone Star presence except what are presumably traffic drones.

Along with your post feel free to include the results of your Perception tests. (MK - some of what you will need is here, but more will be in the PM).

Overall - the place sits mid-block, occupying what appears to be the first two floors (and basement) of a blocky 4-storey building dating back to maybe the 1940s (like much of the neighborhood). Buildings to either side are flush with it, so no side alleys. There is a back alley, however, running the width of the target block.
Hanging from the front eaves of the place is a row of long narrow tapestry things, each sporting a Japanese letter. They fully obscure the front facing, although people can easily brush past them to get to the sliding front door.

In mid-block directly across from the place is a small (ten cramped spaces) pay parking area, completely enclosed by surrounding buildings.

Your tests -
Suveillance devices - Lone Star traffic drones aside, you spot a concealed micro-camera on the wall across the street that seems to be focused at the front, and the same set-up in the back alley.

You spot nothing that looks like a gun port.

There is a big sumo-looking guy that stands on the street 's in traditional Japanese service person garb (tabi, leggings, tunic) a cheesy grin and ingratiating attitude bowing obsequiously to everyone and shouting out things at passersby in Japanese. Anyone approaching gets the tapestry pulled aside and the door opened with a gusty Japanese greeting, echoed by a chorus of same from inside. This guy, to Jack's eye, is clearly packing.

But the little guy, who does not appear to be armed, who occasionally comes out and chats with the big guy, he looks more dangerous to Jack.

Besides the front door, and the back which you never see open, off to the side in front there is a stairway leading down to a basement entry. It does not appear to be a public entrance.
You can probably assume that there is access inside to upper floors.
You see no windows on the first floor, though there are plenty on the second floor up.

You get a good idea of the lighting conditions in the parking lot, and how it appears from across the street. Things will change depeding on what is parked there, but if you ever have to make a hidey in the shadows test in that parking lot, you get three extra dice. I will forget, so it's on you.

Any number of potential sniper roosts in windows overlooking the place, but if it was YOU, there is one spot of facing wall, with a few windows, that seem particularly advantageous (hereafter referred to as The Sniper Spot).

Jack - once you have posted whatever you want to for your surveillance, please end your IC without leaving the area.
Jack Robustus
I'll work on posting IC later tonight. ork.gif
MK Ultra
Me, too - after I finalized the dice rolls/OOC

Will start putting the map together asap, though probably not be finished before thur ...
MK Ultra
Did roll dice for data-search to check for bar´s connection to Mr Chu, available through accessible data, if any (28 hits). I specifically want to know, if he has any business interest in the place. And btw how far away is his place (remember I backtracked the location (though I don´t know the reall accuracy of that of course))?

After leaving the base, I´ll look out for tails 6 hits and try to lose them 5 hits, as I make my way to my place. Intermediat stop in some fast food restaurant´s rest room, to scan for bugs (actually not sure, what to roll here – just Sensor Rating or also hardware, logic, or something?).

There I will re-dress (no armor unfortunately) and disguise myself 4 hits a bit metro-sex/drag tourist style, but not extreamly so (nless I picked up any bias against that in the I Dis) – with twinkling starshaped shades, surgical mask with kissing red lips mouth and examining gloves with glued on plastic diamonds. Packing no weapons except the taser. Next I´ll head for the target area (looking out and loosing again 4 and 4 hits). I will take the camera-neutralizer along (since it´s completely legal, I guess it isn´t too uncommon, and won´t raise an automatic alert, I guess – tell me if I should assume otherwise).

There are also some specific data-searches, I want to do in the mean time (buy 22 hits each):
Any past violent events at the pub.
Any past violent events in the close vicinity.
Yakuza dude responsible for this area.
Ownership of the place.

In the target area (which I probably won´t reach before 11 pm or s.th.), I´ll try to blend into the crowd and not be spotted while staking out the place (Etiquette and Shadowing 5 and 2 hits – ok not too impressive, but sure better than nothing and maybe blandness and disguise helps).

I will basically look for the same stuff as Jack, but also pay some attention to what kind of people frequent the place and close area (memorize/record their vehicles & those in the parking space, as well) to judge the risk of other patrons/passers-by getting involved. Perception 9 hits

I want to check some escape routes as well (for escape by foot, by bike and by car). Which look fastest, which are easily cut off, which may be blocked, how does the traffic look? Don´t need this in detail, just want my character to know this stuff IC. Would help tremendously though, to settle for some patch of google-earth – also for the maps. Perception 5 hits

Some specific questions I have: Perception 6 hits
Is the parking lot and the back ally (except for the entrance, which we already know) covered by surveillance?
Dos the parking lot have a fence, gate or barrier?
What is in the buildings next and opposite to the bar and on the other side of the back ally?
How big are the entrance doors (main, back, basement), what are they made of and what locks do they possess?

While posing as a gossip-hungry visitor to the area, I´ll also try to clandestinely get information from locals or regulars about past firefights or stuff like that in the area. Etiquette and Con a disappointing 3 and 3 hits �

And of course, I also want to check out the matrix side (dos the bars metaphor buy into the creamy jade and animated statues of the district?). This will actually start before I even get there, but go on, while I am around.
The bar´s node´s Signal, Firewall and presence of databombs (buying 3 hits with analyze)?
Same for the bouncers´ comlinks, the doors´ locks and the cameras, if wireless.
I´ll also scan the area for nodes to get a general idea (buying hits), also for hidden nodes 4 hits.
Intercept traffic (buying hits to decrypt) from the bar´s node, bouncers, cameras, and patrons entering the basement – well, at least I tried – didn´t work for bar/bouncers/cameras, but at least for the 1st two patrons if there are any. If I get a chance to try again, without the -2 dice mod, I will also get a tap on the small bouncer guy (5 hits) and the back ally camera.

[ Spoiler ]

adamu
See in-line response.

QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Sep 29 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Did roll dice for data-search to check for bar´s connection to Mr Chu, available through accessible data, if any (28 hits). I specifically want to know, if he has any business interest in the place. And btw how far away is his place (remember I backtracked the location (though I don´t know the reall accuracy of that of course))?

adamu - you find no business connection. The location is not in the vicinity of where you think Chu's place is.

After leaving the base, I´ll look out for tails 6 hits and try to lose them 5 hits, as I make my way to my place. Intermediat stop in some fast food restaurant´s rest room, to scan for bugs (actually not sure, what to roll here – just Sensor Rating or also hardware, logic, or something?).

adamu - you spot no tails in the meat world, though the gray world gives you a tingle. SR4 rules got more complicated on bug scanning than they need to be. Just roll device rating + either Hardware or Electronic Warfare.

There I will re-dress (no armor unfortunately) and disguise myself 4 hits a bit metro-sex/drag tourist style, but not extreamly so (nless I picked up any bias against that in the I Dis) – with twinkling starshaped shades, surgical mask with kissing red lips mouth and examining gloves with glued on plastic diamonds. Packing no weapons except the taser. Next I´ll head for the target area (looking out and loosing again 4 and 4 hits). I will take the camera-neutralizer along (since it´s completely legal, I guess it isn´t too uncommon, and won´t raise an automatic alert, I guess – tell me if I should assume otherwise).

There are also some specific data-searches, I want to do in the mean time (buy 22 hits each):
Any past violent events at the pub.
Any past violent events in the close vicinity.
Yakuza dude responsible for this area.
Ownership of the place.

adamu - you find no media record of violence in or around the club, but then it is very clear that the Yakuza impose a news blackout on that sort of thing.
On non-media boards you can find talk of various beatings and minor mob dust-ups around the neighborhood, but nothing about the izakaya itself.
The International District falls under the Shotozumi-gumi, and it is administered directly by an Akira Sakamoto, a senior lieutenant to kumi-cho Hanzo Shotozumi. You are very unlikely to run into Sakamoto, however, as he has many underlings to handle operations on the streets.

In the target area (which I probably won´t reach before 11 pm or s.th.), I´ll try to blend into the crowd and not be spotted while staking out the place (Etiquette and Shadowing 5 and 2 hits – ok not too impressive, but sure better than nothing and maybe blandness and disguise helps).

I will basically look for the same stuff as Jack, but also pay some attention to what kind of people frequent the place and close area (memorize/record their vehicles & those in the parking space, as well) to judge the risk of other patrons/passers-by getting involved. Perception 9 hits

adamu - memorization is no problem for you - I guess if you come again you'll know who was here before.
As I detailed earlier, mix of Japanese and non-Asian people around. This particular pub's clientele appear to be mostly Japanese sararimen, sometimes accompanied by non-Japanese that appear to be co-workers. But occasionally you see people go in that don't look like sararimen, though all are dressed unobtrusively and act subdued.

I want to check some escape routes as well (for escape by foot, by bike and by car). Which look fastest, which are easily cut off, which may be blocked, how does the traffic look? Don´t need this in detail, just want my character to know this stuff IC. Would help tremendously though, to settle for some patch of google-earth – also for the maps. Perception 5 hits

adamu - okay, you will get a bonus if you find yourself needing an escape route, and if you want to find a place like this on google, that is fine.

Some specific questions I have: Perception 6 hits
Is the parking lot and the back ally (except for the entrance, which we already know) covered by surveillance?
Dos the parking lot have a fence, gate or barrier?
What is in the buildings next and opposite to the bar and on the other side of the back ally?
How big are the entrance doors (main, back, basement), what are they made of and what locks do they possess?

adamu - there are obvious cameras in steel housings covering the parking lot.
As I said, the lot is enclosed on three sides by conjoined buildings. The street side is open except for low concrete columns and an automatic gate-thing to stop people from leaving without paying.
All first floors in this neighborhood are commercial space - mostly restaurants and drinking places, with some other entertainments, and some Asian specialty shops. Above street level there is a mix of residential and office space.
Front door hard to see with the tapestries, but looks like just a sliding wooden door. But you see from the eaves overhead that there is probably a roll-down grate.
Basement door just human-sized, no external lock visible.
Back door just a metal door - easily big enough for a troll or a medium-sized crate - keypad and thumbscanner for the maglock.

While posing as a gossip-hungry visitor to the area, I´ll also try to clandestinely get information from locals or regulars about past firefights or stuff like that in the area. Etiquette and Con a disappointing 3 and 3 hits �

adamu - people that talk to you don't know much. People that look like they know more make friendly chat but reveal nothing of use.

And of course, I also want to check out the matrix side (dos the bars metaphor buy into the creamy jade and animated statues of the district?). This will actually start before I even get there, but go on, while I am around.
The bar´s node´s Signal, Firewall and presence of databombs (buying 3 hits with analyze)?
Same for the bouncers´ comlinks, the doors´ locks and the cameras, if wireless.
I´ll also scan the area for nodes to get a general idea (buying hits), also for hidden nodes 4 hits.
Intercept traffic (buying hits to decrypt) from the bar´s node, bouncers, cameras, and patrons entering the basement – well, at least I tried – didn´t work for bar/bouncers/cameras, but at least for the 1st two patrons if there are any. If I get a chance to try again, without the -2 dice mod, I will also get a tap on the small bouncer guy (5 hits) and the back ally camera.

adamu - yes, they comply with the neighborhood iconography.
Bar node's signal is 4, Firewall 5, three very visible databombs - not visible to a tourist, but they are there to discourage those who do now how to analyze for them.
Both bouncers' commlinks are signal 3, firewall 3, no databombs.
Rear door is not wifi.
Camera on the street out front and in back are signal 2, firewall 3, no bombs
Lots of nodes - lots of traffic - I can't exactly lay all that out for you - if you want to eavesdrop on so many people, you will have to tell me what you are looking for. Also, as fast as you can do all these functions in the matrix, actually listening to people converse has to be done in real time, and even you can only really listen to a limited number of people at once. Give me something to work with here and I will be happy to help you out.

[ Spoiler ]

adamu
Okay - Saturday now - just want everyone to see that I kept my three bumps promise for this week!

(Yes, I am insecure - I know I have been a bad GM, and currently consider myself on probation!)
MK Ultra
acknowledged

Bug Scans:
Radio Signal Scaner (6) + Hardware (3) = 9 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] Hits:4
Non-linear junction scanner (6) + Hardware (3) = 9 dice
[5] 1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 Hits:5

Traffic interception:
Sorry to be unclear. I´m aware that listening in on all the traffic from all the nodes is a bit too much. But what I am interested in is specifically the nodes listed and rolled for. The only guests I´m interested in are those that are entering the basement, to prepare for possible spoofing access to it later.
Jack Robustus
Hey all. I super sorry I have not been on the ball lately. A lot of heavy work stuff plus getting ready for a couple of open mic opportunities have really eaten into my SR time. I won't even mention the time wasted on my other alter ego Don Carbonnara.

Should be able to post the long awaited IC on Monday. Will try not to let Frank's surveillance bleed into Jack's posting. ork.gif
Jack Robustus
As instructed Jack is near the izakaya now that he has finished his scouting mission.

[ Spoiler ]

ork.gif
MK Ultra
Wow, sory for the map delay. Have been fairly bussy with various organizational errends. It also turns out to be quiet hard to find some google patch in ID, that would fit, but I haven´t given that up, yet wink.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Oct 3 2009, 03:26 PM) *
acknowledged

Bug Scans:
Radio Signal Scaner (6) + Hardware (3) = 9 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] Hits:4
Non-linear junction scanner (6) + Hardware (3) = 9 dice
[5] 1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 Hits:5

Traffic interception:
Sorry to be unclear. I´m aware that listening in on all the traffic from all the nodes is a bit too much. But what I am interested in is specifically the nodes listed and rolled for. The only guests I´m interested in are those that are entering the basement, to prepare for possible spoofing access to it later.

MK - great. You find no bugs. And unless they are super-wiz and tricky, you are pretty sure of your findings.

We are making progress on your traffic interception.
First, assuming you have a way to tell, from outside, which signals are entering the basement (knowing you, I am sure you do!), I will tell you that the basement is clearly wi-fi negated.
However, an occasional signal slips out (I assume you are interested in those).

So the next question is - how many hits do you get on decrypt from buying successes?
Once I have that, I think I can give you a pretty good rundown of the traffic on the nodes you targeted.
adamu
Based on ICed activity and time-stamps, I think it is safe to assume Krait is in sight of this yakuza encounter - maybe across the street or something.

I guess we'll just assume that Conall is doing his recon at a different time.
Mister Juan
I'm a bad person. I'm sorry I haven't posted yet. I've actually started to write something a few times, but it always ends up sucking big time wink.gif BUT, I have a very calm and quiet weekend coming up, so I'll definitly post then.
MK Ultra
Finally found a nice google earth spot, that fits the description more or less. Will work on the actual map on sunday, i guess. Shouldn´t take too long smile.gif
MK Ultra
Ok, so the spot i have chosen is onthe western side of 1st Ave, midblock between S Hanford and S Horton. The backally is Utah Ave S. According to the (not very specific) map in New Seattle, this should be part of the international District. I hope that´s ok. The buildings dont fit the description perfectly, but with some small changes, it´s good enough, I guess. I´ll post a picture, once I have made these.

EDIT:

A Perception Roll to spot any other dangers for Jack with 6 hits, looking for other potential opponents, snipers, etc. 4 hits to keep my interest in the situation hidden and maybe move a bit closer (depends on the situation). 4 and 5 hits to scan for the guys comlinks, in case they are in hidden mode. I also want to buy hits to analyse thair coms, to learn System/Firewall/Databomb.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Oct 10 2009, 05:45 AM) *
Ok, so the spot i have chosen is onthe western side of 1st Ave, midblock between S Hanford and S Horton. The backally is Utah Ave S. According to the (not very specific) map in New Seattle, this should be part of the international District. I hope that´s ok. The buildings dont fit the description perfectly, but with some small changes, it´s good enough, I guess. I´ll post a picture, once I have made these.

EDIT:

A Perception Roll to spot any other dangers for Jack with 6 hits, looking for other potential opponents, snipers, etc. 4 hits to keep my interest in the situation hidden and maybe move a bit closer (depends on the situation). 4 and 5 hits to scan for the guys comlinks, in case they are in hidden mode. I also want to buy hits to analyse thair coms, to learn System/Firewall/Databomb.

[ Spoiler ]

MK - map work much appreciated. Looking forward to it.
You notice a dark sedan w/ tinted windows (of course) idling about 20 meters behind Jack, but that will also be in the IC.
The two guys on the street have comms with all-3 ratings, no data bombs, PANs open.

Still waiting for you answers from my previous post regarding intercepted traffic at the izakaya. No hurry, just saying I haven't forgotten you need that.
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 8 2009, 08:54 PM) *
I'm a bad person. I'm sorry I haven't posted yet. I've actually started to write something a few times, but it always ends up sucking big time wink.gif BUT, I have a very calm and quiet weekend coming up, so I'll definitly post then.

MJ - all good.
Believe me, I know how it is!

We will be happy to have your posts/activity when you have time.
MK Ultra
Put the exterior Map of the Izakaya on the bottom of the wiki´s Location page! I´ll try to keep the positions up to date.
Jack Robustus
@MK very cool. thanks for the map.

@adamu: Using initiative from my previous post, Jack will briefly engage in some appropriate banter with the Yaks, then turn and sprint north to the 45 degree corner of the building. He will then continue sprinting west and north taking as many tight spaces and turns as he can. He will be looking out for easy climbing (bonus for easily climable) opportunities to gain access to a rooftop. As much as possible he will try to make vehicle pursuit difficult.

[ Spoiler ]

I will post IC up to the point that Jack begins running.
MK Ultra
Cant roll dice right now, but the one thing I´d acomplish with buying hits, anyway, is to analyze the sedan´s autopilot-node (Computer+Analyze 12 dice, buying 3 hits) to learn system, firewall and databomb, as usual. If it´s in hiden mode, I´ll have to make a roll, to find it first, though.

And for the signal interception. I read up on decryption in the aniversary edition last night -which to my understanding we are using if pissible- and that changed using Response+Decrypt to E-War+Decrypt. That makes much more sense, but also means, that I´m 1 die short, to just buy hits for any standard encryption program on the market. So I´ll do a roll for that, as well. The reason for intercepting patron-signals was actually not to evesdrop on conversations or anything from inside, but to aquire signals i might use to spoof the vip-entrance into opening. So I really want to pick up what these people are sending, before they enter the basement. If I also get anything else, that´s also fine, of course!

Lastly, I´ll try to give Jack some advice for his escape, if I have any useful tips (I checked for escape routs before), as long as I don´t, however, I´d rather stay silant wink.gif
MK Ultra
Just added a provisional map of the surrounding area to izakaya. Note that the Utah St. and 1st Ave are heavily modified between Hanford & Horton, so use the close up map for these stretches!

Updated maps - surrounding area unfotunately does not merge nicely with closeup map, but should be sufficient for now.
MK Ultra
Allright, Decryption for Patrons should not be a problem, unless I don´t have enough time (1 Combat Turn per Roll) to score the (Encryption*2) hits.

The detection of the sedan´s node (if hidden) won´t work. I would initiate an extended Test to detect all hidden nodes again, but will maybe interrupt it to do something else, once we are on Combat time.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Okay guys - prepare yourselves for a boring post - for the hapless GM, anyway.

First - MK - you decrypt traffic on several commlinks that appear to be going downstairs, including the smaller bouncer's. No traffic of interest, but you have got the spoof-use stuff you wanted.

The node of the sedan, a shiny black gasoline-burning luxury job from about ten years ago - put kept pristine - is not hidden. 4, 4, no data bombs you can see.

Also - great maps - thanks so much. As usual - map makers get a karma bonus - 2 points for you.

Jack - I looked at the maps provided. Since the description I gave said no side alleys along the izakaya itself, and based on your stated direction, you won't find any good escape alleys until the next block up.
However, you are free to adjust that if you wish - since you guys have studied escape routes already, and you even have a spotter/navigator. The map shows what looks to me like an alley just NE of your position, if you want to go for that.
Up to you, but read on.

Basically, I rolled dice until I just got sort of depressed - at the rate you are capable of running, there is no way the driver is going to get enough successes to keep up with you in heavy traffic. And on foot, those guys will quite literally be left in the dust - you are more than doubling their speed even if they roll perfect all hits.

So basically, the car will keep you in sight until you get to an alley - closer or farther - then four guys will pile out (these guys are younger, with shaved to stubble heads, lots of gold chains, and white cotton track suits - note that the guys you talked to do not chase) and chase after you, but to no avail.
You can easily get out of their sight.

To that point you guys can IC as you wish - short or long, dramatic or smooth - up to you - you essentially have a massive critical success on the running away part.

Whole thing shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.
Then we go from the chase to the hunt...

If you still want to climb to a rooftop, note that this is not an eastern sprawl - jumping from building to building is possible within a block, but crossing major streets won't really be practical.
But if you want to - you can find a pretty good spot - a building where the roof is only 20 meters up. Side of a building is a -2 mod, but there are dumpsters and drainpipes - enough to make it only a -1 mod.
30 successes to get to the top - and you can roll once per combat turn. That means each success you get in a combat turn puts you about 0.75 meters up the wall.
So if you want to climb, you are ready to roll.
Your lead is enough that you don't need to bother rolling if you just want to get over fences or whatever.

So IC something about the chase, and then I will want to know what you are going to do over the ensuing minutes (of getting out of the neighborhood? Not suggesting, just trying to anticipate what to prepare).
Jack Robustus
All right, I was unsure of the traffic conditions, nor the potential lack of athletic prowess of my adversaries. That being the case, I still want Jack to make it to the end of the block and proceed northwest. I'll post more later.
Jack Robustus
Since he has eluded the vehicle and the junior yaks seem unable to keep up with him Jack will skip climbing a building. That was just a measure to elude the vehicle.

Having made it to the end of the block and turning in a northwesterly course Jack will continue sprinting until he is certain he as outdistanced his opponents. At which point he will slow to a jog and then find some place to get off the street and gather his wits. At that time he will try to find the nearest public transport heading south and make his way back to Burien.

At such time as he decides to leave for his ride home he will make perception tests in all directions, including up, to see if the Yaks have managed to regain his trail. ork.gif
adamu
Jack - as for finding public transport south, such is child's play with any rating 1 commlink. They have an app for that!

My main question is, how long do you remain in this bar?
Jack Robustus
Let's say two minutes, and he'll attempt to leave from a different door than the one he originally entered.

While in the bar, he'll check that commlink and keep an eye on the door he entered. ork.gif
adamu
Dude - if it is a mere two minutes, then you can just leave the neighborhood if you wish - that is too soon for them to really mount a hunt.

Everyone - this was a pretty easy bump - IF POSSIBLE I will therefore try to get in three for the week. IF POSSIBLE.
Jack Robustus
Well, who knew the Athletics skill group would come in so handy.

I'll get out an IC ASAP. ork.gif
MK Ultra
Ja, it always kind a feels like 'why the f**k should I waste points on Athletics', but it does actually come up quiet often.

adamu as the baby-ninjas pour out of the sedan, I´d like to get a grip on their coms - scanning for their PANs and buying Analyze hits to learn System/Firewall/Databomb. I think I remember you saying I can get AccessID for free, when analyzing a node - if I´m mistaken, or you changed your mind, I´ll simply analyze again, all the nodes observed so far, to learn that - I will do so in any case for the bouncers, cameras and izakaya node, as I accidentaly looked for Signal in them instead of System, though I guess System will probably be the same as firewall.
adamu
MK - yes, you demonstrated quite clearly in the RAW that Access IDs can be gleaned from a Matrix Perception test.

Not a problem.

As for the yak jrs. - unlike the guys in suits, the young guys' comms are all in hidden mode, but you can still find them without much trouble.
They are all pretty low ratings, but lots of expensive bells and whistles - low on security but very high on flash - lots of dick-waving and chica-scoring garbage ready to go on their PANs for when they are "off duty."

Ball is fully in players' courts.
I would encourage the active players to move forward - it doesn't look like MJ will be doing his own recon (though still welcome to!).
If history is a guide, both the twins will post more once the actual poop hits the fan and they are really needed.
If history is a guide.
Jack Robustus
QUOTE (Jack Robustus @ Oct 19 2009, 07:31 PM) *
I'll get out an IC ASAP. ork.gif

ASAP meaning 5 days later. ork.gif
adamu
Here for Bump 1, and nothing for me to do.
Ball in PC court on both threads.
Good news is that I am maybe getting into a game as a PC, so I may be around a lot more.
Jack Robustus
The ball most certainly is in our court.

For my part, Jack is just sleeping until the next scheduled team meeting at 0800 Monday morning. ork.gif
MK Ultra
I want to check out the local gridguide node (system firewall databombs) then leave. maybe use the time till the meeting to do some hacking, but i have to check my note - maybe tomorrow

anyway, if you want to procede to the meeting, you can - i only intend to do probing, no entering, so there shouldnt be any trouble that keeps me from joining the others smile.gif
adamu
GridGuide - wow - it's like, I KNOW in my head that that is a part of SR. But face it, there is nothing sexy about puttering along in an electric box slaved to a municipal grid. Never seen a PC with a non-gasoline-powered car/bike/van.
And of course the bad guys don't give chase in Jackrabbits either.

But yeah, there is GridGuide here. No databombs, and they can't afford to police it with a monster firewall - just enough to keep kids out. Say all 3s. They keep it safe through massive redundancy of monitoring systems, so that any problems can immediately come to the attention of admins with serious mechanical override powers.
But a serious hacker can pretty much have his way with it for quite a few seconds.
And then, if they catch you, they fine you for the estimated cost in productivity of stopping all those vehicles and workers - adds up quick!

Need anything else on that topic, just ask - it's not worth rolling a lot of dice - let's save that for the snatch.
MK Ultra
Sorry, but I think I won´t be abled to drop buy and participate for the comming 7 to 9 days. Please don´t let yourself be held back, though. I´ll jump back in asap. In the mean time, John will do some probing and share the intel he gained on site with the rest of the team.
Jack Robustus
frown.gif I'm about to hit a tough patch as well. It's doubtful that I will be seriously checking/posting until the 16th. ork.gif
adamu
No worries, gentlemen.
You've suffered through my busy patches.

I'll keep checking in at least twice a week - might not post needlessly, but I will be standing by.

And of course MJ or Vegas could find time to post!
adamu
Well - with Jack and MK busy for the nonce, not much happening.
Just want everyone to know I'm here pretty much every night lately, if anyone else feels inclined to post.
Otherwise, I am sure those two will be back up to tricks once they are able.
MK Ultra
I´m back, but busy, hopefully find time to post on the weekend, though - and now I have a destinct picture of the international destrict in my head wink.gif
MK Ultra
ok, I will put some effort into getting the IC to bring John to the 8 am meeting up this weekend - sory for not managing to do so last week. In the meantime, I want to state my actions during that time, at least.

I want to pay close but unobstrusive attention to the yaks reactions to Jack´s activities and also check out the track-suit for weapons/upgrades/armor (9 hits for general perception, 5, 6, 3 & 6 hits for the baby-ninjas respectively) - sory if I´m asking anything you already answered, here - have not checked all my notes.

After Jack left, I want to watch how fast the unrest dissipates, then leave the scene as well - though I want to keep a virtual presence through AR.

Once in a safe high-class coffin-night-club (after watching 4 hits for and shaking off 2 hits, 1 after retry tails and buying hits for bug-sweeping), Ill go back to the target area in VR and probe one of the baby-ninja´s coms (preferably the driver) for admin-access (Hacking+Exploit=9 (System+Firewall+6=12), buying 12 hits in 6 hours),

From there I´ll go indirectly to the meeting (again watching 5 hits for and shaking off 1 hit, 3 after retry tails and buying hits for bug-sweeping)

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK - slight misunderstanding - all the baby ninjas were in white track suits.
Anyway - you perceive no upgrades besides the odd cybereyes or spurs, etc. Of course, that sort of stuff is also the easiest to see anyway.

Plenty of small blades and pistols.

For several minutes, more troops arrive - a lot of milling about and cursing, talking on comms, guys being waved off in this direction or that - they are clearly organized, but definitely not with any sort of practiced precision.

So the search of the neighborhood takes several minutes to really get underway, and it doesn't calm down until an hour or so later when everyone's adrenaline dissipates.

No problem going back and getting admin access to a yak jr.'s comm.

You detect no bugs or tails.
adamu
MK and JR - thanks for the IC posts.

In Japan at moment, but will be back next week.

At which time we need to take a hard look at whether this game is viable with only two players....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012