Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
MK Ultra
@ adamu

Am I paranoid, pal (Iīm talking about me here, not my pc). A Country Club trip with some Senators and the first thing I warry about are SK assasins nyahnyah.gif. But I guess I will go anyway wink.gif. I assume it is ok to take Kob (with a personal sec team) and the Doc with me, though (Alice would stay in boston though in constant contact). Maybe we can haul along some 'indipendant' scientist(s) as well. Some that make for appropriate company in this exalted round of politicianc off cause, i.e. some professor from Harvard and/or some head-honcho from WHO (or CDC, whichever is on our side in the CAS case).

Also you see me seriously tempted to use the 18h+ work-day and/or multitasking. The thought that Iīd use it, just for this one problem or just as long as the deal is secret or just ... makes me feel like a junky. But Iīd have to think about how to apply this and talk to my AR-Shrink-Program & the Doc about it, first. For the first week, asume I havenīt used either, just getting started and all.
adamu
pragma
When the old lady sees your license in her AR field of vision she becomes pretty amenable and lets you examine her son.

Unfortunately the mind probe turns up NONE of the things you were looking for. Nothing much but the kids bewilderment as to why you think he has something magically wrong with him, a slight toothache, and the desire for the toy.

Looks like 2 boxes of stun on that drain. But you knew that.

The joggers are heading in.

Finally, I hope we didn't get our wires crossed on my last post. Your IC post talks about astral tendrils and stuff - I am not sure exactly what you mean, but I will repeat what you got from your assensing test - no magic on the boy either innate or affecting him from without.

Again, next IC post yours.
adamu
Cedric

Dude, sweet post. Okay, the door opens without fanfare, and when you enter there is apparently no notice. Again, your reality filter prevails. Inside are a series of hallways leading in various directions. This is a big, complicated node. Alister gave you a file number for the packet he wants retrieved, which he said should be in the node you just entered.
Immediately as you enter there is directory on a wall or something that gives a rough layout of the node. Lots of rooms, and with your admin access you can easily see where file storage rooms are, and even which room probably carries your target file.
The other important feature of the layout is that this is obviously a tiered system. At the center of this node is another node, itself fairly large and powerful looking.

There are a few other personae in here - all apparently employees.

So I need to know how you intend to proceed from here in OOC/game terms.
adamu
Abbandon

Based on your 'not done' comment at the bottom of your last IC post, plus the lack of requested Los Locos references, I am waiting to proceed until you are satisfied with the post. Again, thanks for all the education on mixed martial arts.
MK Ultra
@ adamu

If the Multitasking can be used to simply accelerate proceding with the problem at hand (itīs multiple different lawsuites, so this should work as well as with two totally different tasks), Iīd use the extratime & multitasking for 1 week (the 2nd week), after which the task should be ready for implementation (that is if we simply use the rolls I allready made, just putting more of them into that one week). I will do so only unless Dr. DelGato vehemently protests.

[ Spoiler ]

"Only this one week ...", the work-o-holic mumbles to himself.

Iīd at least want to have some regular rest before I meet with the Senators. Kobīs cosmetics skills are only so good after all nyahnyah.gif
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, the trip is Thursday-Saturday (Jan 30-Feb 1). We'll count time on the trip toward your extended test, but since you want real rest before you leave, you'll have to take Jan 29 off.
So, using the 18 hour days and multitasking (plus an increase willpower spell "Just this one week, John"), we will plan on you finishing the extended test on Feb 4, barring anything unexpected occuring.

As for bringing your own people - no problem, the protocol goes like this: Only senators and their personal guests (you + ?) ride in Senator Billings' jet. But he also has (government expense, of course) a second jet for staffers. Bring who you want, but it's just YOU directly in his jet/car/golf cart.

I'll let you IC post through Thursday Jan 30. Somewhere down in Kentucky I will chime in with an IC post of my own.
pragma
@adamu

No wires crossed, Greg just views astral as a pretty hostile place and I try to reflect that IC. Sorry for the confusion. He's currently operating the assumption that whatever mage (though I suppose a mundane hypnotist could be involved) is after him is much better than he is -- which isn't saying too much.

By the by, he also understands that he can go to his office but is kind of exaggerating his situation at the moment.

Also by the by, I assumed that he'd have the certified medical healer liscence because he knows heal.

Thanks for the prompt response, IC shortly.
MK Ultra
Sounds cool. No info on who else is coming along as the Senatorīs guests from the Intell databases?
adamu
MK Ultra

Besides the two junior senators and yourself, Billings' other guest is Louisa Mayhurst-Washington. Female ork of African descent. MD from Howard University, class of '45. For the last quarter century she has dedicated her life to bringing medical care to poor mining communities (mostly African American) in Kentucky. Nominally heads a trust that administers some 35 rural clinics, but delegates most admin stuff so she can stay close to the people, working in the clinics day and night. She is considered a living saint by the people of Kentucky, and her endorsement essentially means the next election for Billings.
MK Ultra
Wow, now I really feal like the devils advocate nyahnyah.gif

This could get tricky sleepy.gif

Willput up some IC tomorrow, have to get some sleep now (how much I whished to have a sleepregulator wink.gif).
pragma
Searching for people whose methodologies match the one I'm curently seeing, who would be angry at me and who might fit any of the earlier criterion for my memory test (secret society, italian, classiscist, etc.).

Wishi I had datasearch

Log + Data Search - defaulting + bonus from database # dice: 2 + ? :: 6 4 -- 1 successes
adamu
Everyone
This week's karma pm-ed. As usual, PM me with expenditures and their justifications.
I am modifying the basic post-for-karma criteria slightly.
Before it was based on replying to my posts within 24 hours. That still applies - get a reply in within 24 and you're safe. But my own turnaround is averaging closer to 48 hours, so as long as I am not without a post from you when I get to you in the rotation, you will get full points.
Meeting either requirement will be enough to get the 2 points for the week.

Everyone's physical descriptions are up, and I just can't believe I found twelve different players with such consistently high quality of play. Wow. Anyway, next week I will post the two 2-point best phys des awards - so anyone that cares to cast a vote for the viewer's choice award post ooc or pm me by next saturday Japan time.
adamu
pragma

You turn up nothing on any of the criteria you listed. You get a list of everyone you ever tortured/interrogated that is currently not in prison or dead. About forty-odd names, with eleven listed as magically active.
JDragon
Adamu

Just want to check a couple things.

#1. Is the door we came in the only way out of the room?

#2. How long will the test results take to get?

#3. What does Angus know about Bruno's background? Just to give me an idea what info he may have.

Thanks

JD
adamu
JDragon

The one door is the only door into the room, but when Bruno mentions other options his eyes sort of flick in the direction of a big metal plate on the wall behind some dusty old equipment.

Some of the more elaborate tests designed to detect high-tech 'stealth' drugs might take some time. But the basic tests that will instantly pick up your pain killers take about ten seconds.

Now that you think about it, Bruno has always been rather tight-lipped about what he did before he started bodyguarding celebrities. You know next to nothing about his past, but you are starting to think there might be a fair amount to know.
Abbandon
I was tired yesterday when i began so i just stopped and finished in the monring hehe. I could have wrote it in notepad i guess but atleast you got a teaser hehe.

I have included the Los Locos references. It has been carefully sculpted into the already existing posts of the fight scene. It was there when you read the time passage post. Right where you wanted them to be. #1 where warren was trying to give encouragement to george. #2 where the crowd is booing.

Im rdy for the beginning of thursday the 28th.

@everyone thanx buttholes!! I had to go from viewing 100 posts per thread to 50 so they would display faster thanx to my crappy dialup. Good Job! (playful sarcasm)
pragma
@Adamu
  • I'm assuming that none of the mundane offenders have ahistory of using hypnosis.
  • Of the magically active ones, how many are known to know influence or to favor control manipulations?
  • Do any of them have arrest or torture anniversaries near the present time?
  • Any IUM or NIJ?
  • Any known to have a fondness for literature or a particularly dramatic flair?
  • Do I get a gut instinct for any of them?
  • Were there any I was especially hard on?
  • Did I use water torture or isolation torture or anything else similar to being buried on any of them?
Ankle Biter
time for another cool roll
[ Spoiler ]

Edit,

Where can I find a civillians guide to 2070 Law? I need to know the status of civil liberties vs police statism that London is in at the moment. How much power has the Lord Protector got vs my human rights? It bears strong relevance to my response to this intrusion...
Konsaki
@adamu

In your gameworld, do TM's eyes and ears act the same as cyber-eyes and ears? (I.E. TM's can record sound or take pictures and send them over the Matrix)

Your decision will either increase or decrease the options my char has over her lifetime.
MK Ultra
@ Ankle Biter

You can find some info on Seattle/UCAS stuff in the LS SB and the SSG, both of whch are also quiet dated however.

Shadowrun UK has very strict laws (especially weapons restrictions) and had been dubed a police state in more then one occasion. While this might be exageration, the LPO can pretty much do what it wants to. This condition is part of the cause for all the civil unrest the UK had been (and robbably still is) going through in the early 60s.

You can find info on that stuff in the London SB and Shadows of Europe, if you like I can take a look for you.

I do not know of any kind of 'guide' on such things available on the web or anywhere else.

EDIT: Just checked back with the L sb. The UK pretty much a police state nyahnyah.gif (at least in 55 and through the first half of the 60s). Law is by precedence and thus verry cryptic and has little to do with justice. The LPO calls the shots (aponting all the judges). Sentences are ~150% of that in NA and 0.2+ % (more then any other mayor european nation) of the population are in penal institutions (and that is by 55, before the major civil unrest and the Pendragons crusade).
The LPO guy might very well be from the SAS, which in SR days is everything that springs to mind with the nice word 'Secret Police' responsible for counter-terrorism and anti-subversion.
Oh and maybe I should mention that the SAS dont like magic, are pumped fwith SOTA ware and like all UK security forces are quiet racist.
Ankle Biter
Right, so that's me screwed then. frown.gif Maybe I should see if V is about....
MK Ultra
Yeah, looks like. I just checked back with SoE and it dosnīt look better there. The LPO can do pretty much what it wants to with your sweet little elven girl. If they consider her a threat to national security, you can count your self lucky that youīre still alife (or maybe not, considering what they might do to you to 'gether information').
DireRadiant
Harriet intends the following sequence of actions, grab the line and secure it loosely to herself and then the scaffolding/building, if nothing else it can serve as a loose safety line in case anyone falls. Next grab the inspector and get him to safety, then the ork.

All subject to change if anyone starts falling. In which case she will make a grab for someone.

What kind of rolls do we want?

Catching things seem to be reaction tests..

Catch the line.
Reaction 5 = 5
5 3 3 4 3 = 1

Secure the line for Harriet (If you want to switch the attribute to something other then strength adjust as needed, die results are in order rolled)
Str 6 + Climbing 2 = 8
3 1 4 5 5 3 3 4 = 2

Grab Inspector
Reaction 5 + Strength 6 = 11 (p 115 climbing failures)
6 2 4 3 2 3 6 1 5 4 5 = 4

Secure the line for Inspector
Str 6 + Climbing 2 = 8
3 4 3 4 6 6 5 1 = 3

Grab Ork
Reaction 5 + Strength 6 = 11
4 3 6 5 5 5 6 5 1 1 1 = 6

Secure the line for Ork Flunky
Str 6 + Climbing 2 = 8
6 5 5 3 2 3 5 2 = 4

This is all to start with, if other events occur, like someone letting go before Harriet can get to them, things may change. Let me know where in the sequence whatever adjustments or different rolls we want to make. For example, I can envision needing a jumping test at some point.
MK Ultra
@ adamu

As mentioned in IC, John will spend his day off in europe (ah the wonders of semi-ballistic travle). He is going to visite Rhiannon. I assume she is at home at castle Harlech (which I would travle to with a tilt-rotor from London) or in London. However if the Winter Season of the Grand Tour is still running (Paris - Alpin Tyrol - Salzburg - Prague - Parisian Grand Ball), that would be great! Grand Tour probbably wouldnīt be as much of a day off, but at least itīs something else to do then in Boston and I would intend only to mix a little bit with the glizy croud and still get some rest.

Kob and Manolo will both accompany John, two RFS security teams (5 people each) will already have taken a HSCV and await us at the point of destination, hotelrooms and stuff allready checked.
Ankle Biter
Convince the fuzz I am innocent roll.
[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
Convince the fuzz I am innocent roll.

You could convince them you are innocent... but that won't stop them from abusing your rights.
adamu
Ankle Biter
Dude, could you please do an edit on your last two spoilers and change the color? All I can tell is that there is some sort of pale blue writing there, but can't read it at all. I think it's that cyan color - doesn't show up at all in the spoiler box. Sorry about the hassle.

And big thanks to MK Ultra for saving me time - like he said, the Lord Protector's office doesn't follow many rules but its own.
Abbandon
his august 5th spoiler:

[ Spoiler ]

ankle's convince the fuzz spoiler:

[ Spoiler ]
Abbandon
If you hold down your left mouse button and swipe over the parts you cant see it should highlight it using your windows colors and become visable. Some people make the text invisable as an extra layer of secrecy. it is annoying though hehe.
adamu
Ankle Biter

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Pragma
QUOTE (pragma @ Aug 5 2006, 04:00 AM)
@Adamu

• I'm assuming that none of the mundane offenders have ahistory of using hypnosis.

Right

• Of the magically active ones, how many are known to know influence or to favor control manipulations?

Three - Al Jaqaar, DelDonno, and Noritomo

• Do any of them have arrest or torture anniversaries near the present time?

Not really.
  • Any IUM or NIJ?

Al Jaqaar and Atiz Atiq

• Any known to have a fondness for literature or a particularly dramatic flair?

Raven/Montressor

• Do I get a gut instinct for any of them? 

Raven/Montressor

• Were there any I was especially hard on?

All, of course.

• Did I use water torture or isolation torture or anything else similar to being buried on any of them?

No.

Dude, based on the detail of your queries, and the fact that you don't really have data search skill, I am figuring you go ahead and spend three hours reading through the files of the eleven magically active people. Please note it in your next IC post.

So here are thumbnails on the eleven magical ones - one obviously stands out. There is more info on all, but this is just to give you something to go on for deciding what you want to do next in terms of questions/actions.

1. Mosem Al Jaqaar. NIJ operative captured in NYC and delivered to you for interrogation. Broke him and he went to federal custody, but exchanged for prisoners two years ago. Current whereabouts unknown. Human male.

2. Winston Jeffries. Extremely rich retired businessman who lives on a private island near the Bahamas. Mostly was into ritual magic, but all legit. Snatched three years ago by DEA as they thought he was laundering money for the Ghost Cartels. You tortured him, but he turned out to be totally innocent. Back on his island.

3. Hideki Noritomo. Human male. Planted in Sacramento puppet government by General Saito. They caught him and asked CIA to handle interrogation as a favor. Since repatriated to Japan.

4. Atiz Atiq. Male hobgoblin. Tim killed this guys terrorist buddy and then buried the body in pig guts while Atiq watched. Part of your torture was to force feed this guy pork and also to have him raped by men. Currently heading a radical splinter of IUM. Whereabouts unknown. FLAGGED AS CURRENTLY UNDER ACTIVE INVESTIGATION.

5. Horace Vandermeer. Dwarf male. Former CIA caught selling secrets to Aztechnology. Testified in exchange for release.

6. Raven. HUman male. That's his only name as he was a SINless Shadowrunner with no known past. Picked up during a run in which eyes only files were stolen from NSA. Not noted what they were and you never knew. Tortured him to give up his comrade and the files. It was a real hard interrogation - he was very loyal, but they ALL break eventually. Escaped from prison. Resurfaced in Denver shadows, but now going by the name Montressor. Last seen in the Bahamas.

7. Michelle DelDonno. Human female. You feel bad about this one. You were ordered to torture her for location of a stash of documents. You were told they were vital to national security, but you think she was just a very high class whore who pissed off the wrong politician, and he wanted her blackmail stash back. Released without being charged.

8. Stephen Cannon. Male troll. Some sort of Green War bigwig, but for reasons you have never discovered he was released shortly after the interrogation began. Last seen in London.

9 & 10. Hester and Agnes Delacroix. Two (free spirits?) inhabiting same body. Thought to have been involved in assassination of governor of Maine for totally unknown reasons. Escaped before completion of interrogation.

11. DiamondEye. Male elf shadowrunner. He broke easy and sold out all his chummers. Then traded lots of other good dirt for freedom, but CIA has him on a leash as a NOC operative in the Boston shadows.
adamu
Abbandon

As before, the other three will do what you say for the initial approach, although I will decide their actions once you have the vehicle stopped and they are all doing their thing.
Last time you never specified whether or not you were carrying the LMG when you left the helicopter. This time I would like to know what you have in your hands, etc. IC or OOC, whatever.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, Adamu, I'll load an Analyze program in place of the Biofeedback program, keeping my number of programs at 9 (which since my reality filter 'won' giving me a +1 Response p. 226) leaves me at an even 5 Response. I'll also take this opportunity to spoof the data trail p. 224. Then I will examine the directory to find the packet that I've been sent to locate, I assume that's a Matrix Perception test, if its a Browse test then I'll load that program and do a search.

Spoof test: (Hacking + Spoof Program) = 12 dice
[ Spoiler ]

Matrix Perception Test (Computer + Analyze Program) = 12
[ Spoiler ]

If its a Browse roll instead of an Analyze roll just substitute the last roll since its the same number of dice. Once I know where the data packet I'm looking for is located I'll head in that direction.

At this point I'll post IC the above actions, at least far enough to begin examining the directory.
Abbandon
Argh you just had to include the baby didnt you.

-are those two trolls the only gangers in plain sight?
-is it dark out since there are barrel fires?
-is the street barricaded at all?
-what kinda armor am i packing?
-How many clips for my gun do i have and do i have any flashbangs/concussion/smoke grenades
-I'd like gel rounds to be my standard ammo for this combat...

These are the things i would like to resolve before i post.

-im gonna tell ray to swing wide of the two trolls and come to a stop a little past them so our back door is facing the two trolls and the client and her baby.
-then im gonna have nick pop the backdoor.
-then warren is gonna jump out and unload on the troll beating up the elf chick.

-=I will be walking towards the two trolls as im firing stopping just outside there reach.(free action, 15 meters)

-=1st semi auto narrow burst (simple action)
agility 4 +heavy weps 4 +smartlink 2 = 10 dice
1,4,1,1,5,1,1,5,5,3 = 3 hits glitch
starting DV= 5D, +2 for narrow, +3 for hits, +2 for gel rounds = 12S

-=2nd semi auto narrow burst (simple action)
agility 4 +heavy weps 4 +smartlink 2 = 10 dice
6,4,5,4,1,5,6,1,6,5 = 6 hits
starting DV= 5D, +2 for narrow, +6 for hits, +2 for gel rounds = 15S

-=optional. If the first burst takes out my target i will be using my second simple action to issue commands to the other troll.

That should cover the 1st combat turn for Warren.

I still have the gas vent and gyrobelt for my gun so recoil should be no problem. I guess have normal thermal vision. Im assuming i have glasses or a helmet for smartlink will that give me low light vision to?

waiting for results.....
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)
Argh you just had to include the baby didnt you.

If all the bad things happening are what it takes to make 'Runner's no wonder they are messed up people...
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (adamu)
Ankle Biter
Dude, could you please do an edit on your last two spoilers and change the color? All I can tell is that there is some sort of pale blue writing there, but can't read it at all. I think it's that cyan color - doesn't show up at all in the spoiler box. Sorry about the hassle.

And big thanks to MK Ultra for saving me time - like he said, the Lord Protector's office doesn't follow many rules but its own.

It's because they were URL linked rolls. Highlight them like you are about to cut and paste and they should show up fine.
Ankle Biter
Electra playing possum for the cops.
[ Spoiler ]
Abbandon
Ankles playing possum spoiler:

[ Spoiler ]

Ankle he just told you he cant read that crap. You have several options to correct the problem. You wont make an effort to help the GM out ??

#1. You can probably go into the board options here and change the color of your hyperlinks.

#2. You can copy paste the results of linking to them.

#3. He told us we are on the honor system and we dont even have to verify our rolls so why even bother???
adamu
Abbandon/Ankle Biter

[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
It's incredibly intuitive to click on the empty space in a post and use it to link to another site.

Especially when the hidden text is also meaningful content.

I suppose it is one way to implement a spoiler within spoiler system.
adamu
JDragon

Just a friendly reminder - when they walk out of the room the only thing you are wearing is your trunks and your boxer-robe-thing. Maybe a cup. And you are one stun box short of unconsciousness, although between your pain resistance and the good old pain killers, you are only feeling a harmless (in game terms) two boxes.
Now, about those pills - it occurs to me they need stats.
First, they are easy to get from any street dealer, and costs Y300 a dose.(You got on it while you were getting rich, and it has almost the full pain resistance effect of Nitro, WITHOUT debilitating side effects. Very designer and chic right now.
As noted, they are physically addictive.

Almost immediately upon ingestion, they stop the effects of five boxes each of stun and physical damage. Lasts one hour.

Per the rules for moderate addiction, you resist cravings with a Body test -4 dice. You only need one success, but without it you'll do about anything to get the drug. You need to make one test a day, and also a test every single time you take a wound, stun or physical.
Fail to resist three times in a row and you up your addiction rating to serious.

As for withdrawal, kicking, and other fun things, the SR4 rules leave a lot more room for GM discretion and player roleplaying. Let's just say you've never gone long enough without them to experience withdrawal, though you have gone as many as four days to clear y9our system for a fight. You are pretty sure that if you go longer than that it's gonna start to hurt.

Also, you are shaping up to be the first player to graduate from the first stage of this little program of ours and HIT BOTTOM. Congratulations. Assuming you make it out of the stadium a free troll, we will proceed to a sort of transition phase of the campaign for you, in which we finalize your character sheet and get you into a regular mode of play.
adamu
MK Ultra

Obviously today I was doing Second Wave, but I ran out of time and did not get to you. You are first up tomorrow (and hopefully I will finish all of Third Wave tomorrow, too, but no promises).
Rhiannon is at Castle Harlech, so that is where you'll be going. I will be making an IC post there. You can wait for it, or if you get antsy and want to post for your arrival and your initial interactions with her, be my guest, just still be there so I can make my post.
JDragon
Adamu

Thanks for the heads up on the clothes and such, thats about what I figured I had.

Based on your description for the pills I have a little over 50 min till the pain killers wear off based on the time stamps and when I took them.

The rules you outlined work fine for me, I'll make a copy of that and keep it with my character for reference.

Well, I gotta think a few things out but I'll be posting my next step sometime today.

JD
JDragon
Adamu

Heres my basic plan, let me know what rolls you want and what parts a I should IC post for.

as soon as the other tow are out of the room I will be locking door (if it has one)

then will move the table to block it, once that is done I will turn my attention to the "panel"

Moving the equip as quietly as possible I open the panel to see where it leads.

Couple questions...

Is any of my stuff, clothes, comm, pills, etc where I can get to it or is it all in the room with everyone else?

What kind of, if any; transportation do I have here at the stadium?

Will I need any rolls to move the equip or getthe panel open?

Thanks

JD
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu)
MK Ultra

Obviously today I was doing Second Wave, but I ran out of time and did not get to you. You are first up tomorrow (and hopefully I will finish all of Third Wave tomorrow, too, but no promises).
Rhiannon is at Castle Harlech, so that is where you'll be going. I will be making an IC post there. You can wait for it, or if you get antsy and want to post for your arrival and your initial interactions with her, be my guest, just still be there so I can make my post.

Never mind. My time this week is limited anyway, so I can belivably pretend to be pacient nyahnyah.gif
Iīd have ICed the flight, but I opted to use the time for school, so I can put more time into my reply tomorrow wink.gif

BTW, It just occured to me, that all my sec guys probably wonīt be allowed to carry lethal weapons in the UK outside of Rhiannonīs domain. Well, at least they can catch bullets for me biggrin.gif
Vegas
Temporary Absence

I will be gone from 8/10 to 8/13. I am going out of town, only NOT to GenCon but St. Louis frown.gif I *might* have internet access but I think it's just safer to assume that I won't and if I do I'll be surprised and have something to fill my downtime.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, next time I get to you in the rotation, hopefully about 48 hours from now, I am going to post IC in the plane with the senators. Any IC posting you want to add between now and then is fine, or not. Whatever you want to do.
adamu
Dire Radiant

Good rolls. It's hairy, but you secure both of them. The inspector is even so grateful he signs off on some paperwork to make sure the insurance pays for the damaged materials and Kanga doesn't lose his certification.

Please do an IC post for this action.

My next IC post will be during your dinner with Monica at Big Rhino, the famous ork restaurant. Your IC post can start that scene or not, as you wish.
adamu
QUOTE (Konsaki)
@adamu

In your gameworld, do TM's eyes and ears act the same as cyber-eyes and ears? (I.E. TM's can record sound or take pictures and send them over the Matrix)

Your decision will either increase or decrease the options my char has over her lifetime.

Konsaki
Very interesting question. There are a couple of threads that dance around that topic on the Shadowrun 4 board. After perusing them and carefully rereading p. 233, paragraph 4, I conclude -
Yes, provided you download it to an external device as you are perceiving it. Wait even a few seconds, and you will not be able to download it.

It seems to me that everything you see goes into your head, which naturally connects to the Matrix. So anything you see could be a file, which you can download to an external device. But the rules clearly state that you have NO organic memory, so you can't download your memories of such images - the download has to be real time.
Note that it takes an action to download things. Any time you want to take such an action, feel free, but you can't get a bunch of storage memory somewhere and just go around automatically recording your life 24-7.
Abbandon
Hey i was on my thinking chair, the crapper, and i had a cool idea to help organize things for your Adamu. You could have your players have headers for their OOC posts giving character names and what wave they are part of. You could make these headers all the same color or you could give each wave its own color. Then you would be able to easily scan OOC for specific waves and or characters.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012