Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
MK Ultra
How will the scene be handled? Declare OOC and wait for full resolution? Combat initiative, small time posts regular big time posts?
BlueRondo
Adamu: I'll be traveling all day tomorrow, and I probably won't be near a computer until Sunday night (at the earliest.) So if we break into combat in the next day or two, don't wait up for me. I'm perfectly fine with letting anyone declare actions for Carla while I'm gone.
Jack Robustus
Once out of the basement, Jack really thinks about what Carla said. He will then finish out his first combat turn as follows:

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Modem craped out on me monday. I'll be without internet until, at the earliest, saturday,
adamu
Well MJ - think you will still have plenty of time to post.

BlueRondo - it is very sporting of you to urge us to play on without you, and in most situations I would - but look at the situation! You are finally not running from but rather facing your shedim tormentors down, and in a very dramatic and exciting way.
I have set up what I hope is a fairly interesting scene, and you have turned it around and made it way cool.
No way you are sitting this one out!
We can definitely wait a few days.

MK - to answer your question - it never hurts to have initiative - and I appreciate anyone rolling it, cuz if we were to use it, that would save us time.
However, a lot of different things could happen here, and I don't know exactly how this will play out, but for now none of what I can imagine will need initiative.
That could change at the drop of a hat, but for now I think we can keep it more dramatic-ish than game-ish.
So let's say everyone is free to IC post up to Carla's moment in time. She has taken the initiative with both the bad guy and with giving orders to the team, so for now, when she goes, others can also move roughly up to her time, but don't get more than a few seconds ahead of her.
Jack Robustus
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Jack has done about all he can do then. rotate.gif
MK Ultra
Me, too! But I don´t have that much time this weekend, anyway (mostly for good reasons like partying and RPing) nyahnyah.gif

Anyway, for the last-minute Analysis of the Node, I´d buy 3 hits as usual and want to learn alert status, check for a databomb again and don´t know what else ... learn the access-ID, so I can spoof it later on.
adamu
MK - Your fresh Analysis of the data-jacked commlink (via your jerry-rigged wifi interface) shows no alert, no data bomb, and notices that there is a powerful agent active in the node. You can get the access ID too.

BlueRondo - hope you had a good trip. Let's start with a charisma + willpower + magic resistance + another four dice (as you face the spirit, you feel an inexplicable wave of power wash over you, similar to what you felt in Redmond when you threw something at the shedim in the hotel hallway, and very reminiscent of the power you felt when you threw your "father" across the bathroom).

Jack - you might as well also roll a simple charisma + willpower as well.
BlueRondo
Phew, back at a computer again. Thanks for waiting for me before proceeding to combat; I appreciate the gesture.

In any case, here's an initiative roll and the roll you called for:

[ Spoiler ]

I assume these rolls are meant to resolve the actions from my last post and you aren't expecting any more actions immediately from me, right Adamu?
Jack Robustus
I will now roll for Jack, the most handsome, suave, debonaire ork to ever walk out of the projects in Orkland. Maybe his average willpower will get him through.

[ Spoiler ]

I've already posted my initiative and intended actions. Let me know how Jack fares in all of this spooky stuff. eek.gif
adamu
Okay MK - that little display took quite a while in matrix time, so if you want to do some hacking or whatever in the intervening 12 seconds, post up.
However, it will require a Composure test (threshhold 3) to not forget about the matrix and check out what is going on.
Or may want to jack out just because you want to. That is up to you.

Everyone else - I have no idea what you want to do.
As I said, we are not really on initiative at this time. I don't know if you want to chat or take more drastic action.
Anything that is just role-playing, go ahead, though try not to race out too far ahead of one another.

If anyone wants to actually do anything constructive, especially offensive, then yes, you should roll initiative and declare before IC posting.

But no OOC conferring. No time for it. You want to talk, IC it to each other.

Jack - your mind is free but I fear your body is not your own.
BlueRondo
That's some crazy stuff right there.
Jack Robustus
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 6 2008, 01:48 PM) *
Jack - your mind is free but I fear your body is not your own.

What? My one success, after the -3 die pool modifier wasn't enough to save Jack? Well that's a happy thought. Hope Paddy doesn't have to kill the ork peasant. frown.gif
MK Ultra
I did a composurecheck with 3 hits right when you pointed us at the Eye-Moving IC, but here is another one with 5 hits - looks like John is more cool then ever before.

Since there is a lot of talking going on, I´d like to keep listening in on the recording feed of my cyberears, even as I am skulking about in cyberspace, just in case someone is talking to me. Both, the audiofeed and the overhead camera´s video-feed will marely run in the background, however, my main focus being on the hacking-attempt.

I am then going to access the datajacked node: p. 221, Complex Action, target node gets Analyze+Firewall (Intruder´s Stealth, 3 in our case) roll, to trigger an Alert. If you allow it, I´d be happy to spend one Edge point, to make the node re-roll in case of a successfull detection, so I might have a better chance to stay undetected.

Once inside, first action would be to try spoofing a command from the node itself to the Agent running on it, to suscribe the agent exclusively to my own persona (p. 224, contested roll with Hacking+Spoof (5 hits) vs Targets Pilot+Firewall). If that works, first order would be commanding it to suspend any current actions and go idle.

Next I´d Analyze the node (p. 217, Simple Action, Analyze+Computer, buying 3 hits) to learn if an Alert was triggered, get the node´s subscription list and list of programs currently active.
After that, I will set up my Analyzeprogram, to automatically check the node for any users (p. 217, simple action).

I will procede and do an IC, once you give me your ok for the above stuff.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Krait is chill as arctic ice - as usual.

Since you mention Edge - I have been meaning to mention, now is an appropriate time for everyone's Edge to refresh. Since my announcement is late, it refreshes AFTER you spend one to sleaze into the node - since it would have required more successes than you got!

The agent, by the way, is an attractive Hispanic woman tapping her booted foot in bored annoyance as she sits on a plain chair in a UMS node completely devoid of any detail or other icons.

Your spoof fails, but if she notices she doesn't show it. But she doesn't look very busy anyway.

Your analyze functions show no alert, no programs, no files, no other users.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 9 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Krait is chill as arctic ice - as usual.

Well, his pool for composure checks has been increased by 50% since the start of the game and it wasn´t the smallest pool ever heard of, to begin with ;-P
As the 'Lawyer´s Creed' Code of conduct states,
'A professional lawyer has seen it all, giving him an edge when confronted with the effects of corruption and physical posessions. Treat this as a +X dice pool modifire to Composure Tests.

Or was that the mercenary question.gif Who can tell the difference anyway...

Back to business:

With no files, I take you to mean, there are no videos, notes, etc., but still such system files like user accounts, security logs, etc.

First objective would be to locate the file containing the user accounts. Normally, I´d create a new hidden account for myself, but since the original user is dead, I´d rather have a look at the existing accounts and try to hijack them, as I´m hoping to gain legitimate control over the agent that way.
I´ll buy hits for the data search as usual (p. 220, Data Search+Brows extended, 1 IP, 2 hits per IP for a max of 22 hits in 11 IPs or 18 seconds (2 IPs per CR)).
In case ther realy are not [i]any[/b] accounts, I´d create 2 new hidden admin accounts, in any case it should be the same kind of roll (p. 225, Hacking+Edit, 5 and 6 hits cool.gif).

Next up, I´ll try to find the connected datajack´s node, either by just checking all connected devices (which as it looks should just be the jack and the cam-sensor) or looking up the subscription list. Of course the datajack may be turned off (or not even work properly anymore), in which case I can´t do anything about it at the moment.
When I find it, I´ll analyze to gain device rating and (if it differs) firewall, look out for a databomb, as well as learn it´s access-IP.
Both actions should work with the following (p. 217, Computer+Analyze, buying 3 hits).
If it´s encrypted, I´ll decrypt (p. 225, Response+Decrypt (Encrypt * 2, 1 CT), buying 2 hits per CT for a maximum of 16 hits in 8 CT or 24 seconds.

If I can´t find the datajack or any other connected devices, I want to locate the comlinks log files (datasearch, see above) and find out if the file-/clue-/trace-less state of the node is the default, or if any data has been erazed.
[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Here's a negotiation role, Adamu

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Got the good ol internet back now! I have class today, and then I'm covering a wedding tomorrow all day long. So, all in all, I should be back up to speed with everything around... sunday.
adamu
MK - aside from the agent sitting there, as described, there really are NO files. There is the OS, and the datajack access. That is it.

It seems clear that the commlink has been subjected to a massive and thorough purge.

You can create whatever new accounts you want, though whether the agent will respond to admin commands from this link is uncertain - you have not analyzed her.

Your analysis of the datajack shows no databombs, and its firewall is only 3. You also notice that the datajack is the portal for a biometric lock on the commlink's hardware. Without the Hispanic's brainwaves, the hardware will freeze.

Catching all this computer stuff up with the IC action would be good before we go further with it.
MK Ultra
Was Dumpshock dead? I couldn´t get a connection all weekend question.gif

I probably won´t be home tomorrow night, but I think I will get an IC up on We.
adamu
MK - great to hear it.

And yeah, the site was definitely down for a couple of days.
BlueRondo
According to our wiki-page, Dumpshock was having difficulties on 12 October...2007.
adamu
So - like - the last time DS went down was exactly a year ago? Freaky.
adamu
Okay - bit of a cliffhanger now - the conversation took something over a minute of game time. That is pretty much forever in matrix action time for MK, so we need him to catch up.

So MK, we need you on that IC, and then I need a summary of whatever else you'd like to do in this node - probably little need for dice at this point - just tell me what you want to do, and I'll determine what is needed.

In the meantime, for when he gets caught up, everyone needs to make a Charisma + Willpower test.

MJ - you do not get spell defense.

BR - as before, you get to add both your Magic Resistance and another +4 dice.

MK - if you are still in full VR by the time this happens, you get your biofeedback filter bonus if you are running one. If your consciousness is back in the meatworld, no bonuses.

JR - you should roll too, to determine your mental state if nothing else.

Once you've made that roll...now it is indeed time for initiative.
Mister Juan
Here is Conall's roll
Charisma + Willpower: 3 hits

Curses for not having any spells already up nyahnyah.gif

Initiative:10

If Conall cannot act in a "proactive manner" (ie: scared shitless) he'll go on full dodge if attacked.
If able to act, Conall will use a free action to intercept if the possessed Jack makes a move toward Carla.

If the way is free from his position to Naguel's corpse, he'll go full out at him: Death Touch Force 10 on the S.O.B.
Death Touch Force 10: 6 hits, Damage 16P
Drain Resist: 2 hits, 1P taken
Touch Attack: 3 hits

If Jack is in the way, Conall will attempt to knock him down.
Attacking to knockdown:3 hits
Jack Robustus
All right adamu

I will use one point of edge to actually have a dice pool for the roll. frown.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Why did I roll initiative for Jack? Beats me. Perhaps the oily voiced spirit should be rolling for that stuff.
Mister Juan
I was just reading the knockdown rules.... and I really hope Jack is an anorexic ork wink.gif
BlueRondo
Ah, now things get exciting.

[ Spoiler ]

Jack Robustus
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 14 2008, 03:32 PM) *
I was just reading the knockdown rules.... and I really hope Jack is an anorexic ork wink.gif

I don't think of Jack as anorexic but depending on how adamu decides to adjudicate this whole possession thing you could be facing a fairly formidable foe. If Jack were himself, he would have -3 wound modifier on all dice pools right now.

I would now point everyone's attention to page 153 of the core rules, exceeding the condition monitor, and note that Jack can take 5 more boxes of physical damage and has a base body score of 8. He can take a lot of abuse, provided prompt medical attention is provided before too much time goes by.

Happy hunting MJ. smile.gif
MK Ultra
I´d like to hit the datajack, for any data and linked cyberimplants, unless I detect a databomb. For simplicity´s sake, here are just 3 exploit rolls, with 4, 5 and 6 hits respectively. Hacking on the fly (p. 221) is Hacking+Exploit ((Firewall+6 for admin), 1 IP).

For the composure, I had 2 hits +4 hits for re-rolling none-hits by spending one Edge. I have no bio-feedback filter, so that´s true in and outside the matrix.

Init would be 12, 2 IP in the matrix or 9, 1 IP outside, both including Combat Paralysis for 1st Round.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK - it's not a Compusure test, it just happens to require the same dice pools.

And of course you only re-roll sixes if you add Edge prior to making your roll. So no go there.

Once you are into the datajack, it is easy to find a (not-shown-in-game-terms) account showing all the cybernetic systems that are linked to the brain by DNI:
Rating 4 skillwires w/an extensive library of softs - last active were Infiltration and Monowhip
High-end cybereyes and ears
Attention coprocessor
Orientation system

Which initiative we use will depend on if you are still in VR or you have jacked out by the time things go crazy.
It is basically up to you, depending on how much more you want to try to do. I still owe you time.
Further matrix actions? Getting out?
Let me know.

PS - I will admit I missed the detail about the shirt wrapped around the thing's head. Thanks for the gentle reminder. Actually could have made a big difference, but once I thought about it, I realized removing it would not have been a problem for the being you are dealing with. So no harm done...except to you guys ---hahahahahahaha!
MK Ultra
EDIT::This is Naguels brain splattering, depicted up there - Move one citizan, nothing to see here::ENDEDIT

No big deal. It was mostly meant from keeping his branes from spilling all over the car and someone remotely using his cybereyes (like in hacking), so it was probably easy for that thing to shake it off.

[ Spoiler ]

I´m sick and need to get back to bad, so I won´t be tomorrow, anymore. So either make any necessary rolls for me, or wait untill weekend, please.
adamu
MK - no problem setting up the admin back doors on the datajack.
You get all the branding specs on all the software on your list. If you wish, you may make an Intuition (only) test to see what you can guess about that information.

The full list of active softs is:
Longarms 4
Exotic Weapons - monowhip 4
Hardware 4
Software 4
Pilot Ground Craft 2
Navigation 2
Etiquette 3
Infiltration 4
Demolitions 4
Disguise 4
Palming 3
Negotiation 3
They do have Adaptive Scalability, no other options.
As you can see, there is no Dodge or other Melee software available, so if you slot the monowhip soft, you will still have room for your Running soft to run (no pun intended).
Since as your last action you said you were going to retrieve the monowhip from under your pillow and keep it hidden, I will assume you are out of VR, into AR, and still lying on the bed.
This will be reflected in my upcoming IC post.

That brings everyone up to the same time.
As you will see from the IC post, the door is now shut.
Also, everyone has a terrible panicky fear of the corpse.
In game terms - that means nothing to Krait, thanks to the six successes his Edge bought.
For everyone else, that means that in order to approach/melee/touch the corpse, you will need to make another Charisma + Willpower test (same bonuses etc. as last one).
WARNING - if you attempt that test - in order to approach the corpse - and your test fails, that counts as your action - you won't get another action until you next initiative pass.
I can't tell you the threshhold for the test because it is an opposed test every time.

For the players, your initiative order is
Krait
Jack
Paddy
Carla

I do not know what Krait will do - need that declaration or whatever. Your whip is readied, but you are prone on the bed.

Jack, on your initiative, you are Compelled to try to beat/strangle Carla to death.
With your mind free, some more game terms explanation is in order.
You must move directly toward her and perform your task to the best of your dice-based ability, and must expeditiously remove any obstacles in your path.
What you are NOT required to do is exercise any creativity or indirect cleverness, and you are not required to use weapons.
Also, you are otherwise free - including your freedom of speech or mental commands is restored - you can move freely - but you MUST not do anything to directly contravene or avoid your mission.
If your "orders" are ever changed, you will get a new resistance test.

Since you will go before Paddy, and since Interception requires a Free action, which MJ does not have, since he hasn't gone yet, he won't be stopping your initial attack or reaching Carla.
So - MJ - assuming - and nothing is sure until we see what MK does - but assuming Jack and Carla are in melee, that will be a little different from what you said you'd do - do you help Carla? TRY to approach and touch the spirit? Or do something else?

So basically I need declarations and provisional rolls from everyone (except for rolls you've already given me).
Mister Juan
Well, Conall's action are going to stay relatively the same.
Free Action: Yell "FRANK! THE CORPSE!" hoping Krait will get the idea wink.gif
Complexe Action: Attempt to subdue Jack
Since the roll to subdue is exactly the same as to knockdown, I'll just use that one.
Does Conall get a +1 for friends in meelee?
BlueRondo
If Carla somehow miraculously avoids being grabbed by Jack, then she'll use a complex action to run away from him - preferably somewhere behind Paddy. If she's hit and being strangled/beaten, she'll make a touch attack and try to zap him with her shock hand:

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Oct 18 2008, 10:45 AM) *
Does Conall get a +1 for friends in meelee?

Assuming your attack takes place before Carla runs away, then yes, I will roll an extra die for you.
MK Ultra
Cooking up actions and rolls at the moment.

Jack, I guess you are not supposed to set aside a Free Action for Intercept - you might even shout 'Run!' nyahnyah.gif
Suddenly all the horror-movie protagonists simply running away from zombies and possessed people make much more sense - the zombies allways waste their Free Action to say 'UAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHG', so they can´t run or intercept while attacking biggrin.gif
MK Ultra
Since I intended to have the mono hidden 5 hits, I´d run the mono and the palming skillsoft. Funny though, that now that I´m thinking about it, using Edge instead of Skillsoft –which can´t be combined- would probably be more effective. But the soft is already loaded and swapping it out would take a free action, so be it biggrin.gif

Usually, getting up from a prone position takes 1 Simple Action. If there is a chance to get up, close in on the corpse and attack in one IP, however, I´d happily do so. If I can´t run (no charge), but still reach the target walking and attack, that would be fine, too. However, If I have the impression, that I can´t make the distance (remember the whip has Reach 2), or you don´t allow quick get up, I´d do something else in the first round and attack next round – see below.

Maybe I can do a defaultet Gymnastics roll, to get up kip-up style and hit the ground running? It shouldn´t even be that hard from the bed. The roll would have 3 hits (Quickdraw has a TH of 3, 2 w QD-Holster i.e.).

For the attack (8P, AP -4, Reach +2), I suppose I´ll get superior position (+2) and target prone (+3), maybe charge (+2) as well. I also assume (maybe incorrectly) that the bound corpse is unabled to resist w Reaction &/or Dodge, so it´s probably a plane success-test. 10 hits (or 9 w/o charge bonus).

If I can´t hope to get up and attack in one round, I´ll first do the following:
Simple Action: Get Up
Free Action: Run to the door (and look panicked – probably not that hard �)
Simple Action: Try to open the door, 1 hit if it´s a plane Str Test, still no more, if it´s Str+Bod.
However, I´ll be carefull, not to block the way for anyone else. I wish, I had the free action left, to shout ‘WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH’, but John lacks the breath to do so, and doing so while walking instead of running might look a bit silly nyahnyah.gif. Anyway, here is a Con test with 6 hit, to look panicked, just for fun.

For next round: Initiative 11
If I ran to the door the last round, I will charge and attack the corpse this round!

Below are contained a few other resistance rolls and a perception roll for general awareness 3 hits.

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Suddenly all the horror-movie protagonists simply running away from zombies and possessed people make much more sense - the zombies allways waste their Free Action to say 'UAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHG', so they can´t run or intercept while attacking

Awesome.
Jack Robustus
Jack will free action to yell, "Run Doc." Then complex action melee attack Carla to beat her to a bloody pulp.

[ Spoiler ]

adamu sorry for the delay on my post, especially considering the whiny tone of my last PM.
adamu
Jack - no worries - I have not been Mr. Speedy myself these days. But I shall try to avoid missing any days but Sundays going forward.
adamu
Okay - MK - three successes on Gymnastics is exactly what I ask for for kip-up, so not only do you succeed with a Free Action, but you get a gold star for going ahead and making a roll without waiting for me to answer - speeds things up.

So you get up and attack. Monowhips do not rely on strength, and there's no real room to run up anyway, so no charge bonus. The target is also not prone. You do get Superior Position, because the rules state that includes when the target is in a restricted position (tied to a pipe).

Magical fear biting into your heart, you try to decapitate the thing, but it ducks by sliding down the pipe into a squat, at which point you swing the whip downward and cut off an arm.

Jack yells at people to run, and then charges with wired speed - but with his fists crashing towards Carla's face, he slips on a patch of ice and crashes to the cement floor.

For Paddy, we will skip the free action telling Krait to attack the corpse (leaving you with a free action in reserve for intercepts, MJ). Paddy then jumps on Jack's back. I rolled the bonus for opponent prone and you got a total of four successes (I allowed Jack to NOT try to evade). But alas, four strength plus four net successes does not EXCEED Jack's eight body, so no subdual. But you are on his back, for the moment.

BR - there is nowhere in this room that it would require Running (in game terms) to get to, and even so it would only be a Free action. And with no Paddy to hide behind, you still have your full action. I will consider you on Delay - tell me when and what you want to do.

Arm gone, and remaining arm now looser in its bonds, the monster tries to wrest itself free from the pipe (yes, its legs are also tied). But it makes no progress - it still appears to be tied fast.

Jack attempts to get up to get to Carla. Per the Stand-up rules, getting up while wounded is a wound-modified test. In the interests of time I rolled it, with a big mod for Paddy being on his back. Failed the first try, made it on the second Simple Action.

That is as far as I will go for now, Combat Turn NOT yet over:

(1) Jack will now charge Carla again (and whatever else he may contrive, but at least that)
(2) Paddy has no more actions, but he can Intercept, and with Superior Position. Unless Jack wants to, I will assume he does not try to evade subdual.
(3) Carla has a use-it-this-turn-or-lose-it Delay.

People can IC now or await further resolution.
BlueRondo
Okay, Carla attempts to touch Jack with her shock hand. She makes a Called Shot against his head/neck for +1 DV

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Well, as usual, I will keep Conall's free action to intercept. This time around, he won't try to subdue Jack thought... he'll directly engage him in unarmed combat.

@Jack
Don't worry, you're getting the good ol' fist, not the full fledge Death Touch nyahnyah.gif

Okay, Carla attempts to touch Jack with her shock hand. She makes a Called Shot against his head/neck for +1 DV

Now this is going to be funny as hell! I'm not sure what are the rules for how much electricity a body can conduct.... but I can just see Conall getting zapped as well through Jack wink.gif I might have to roll to decide if he's going to be surprised or pissed off nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
Intercept
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1779004/ : 6 hits
Modified DV: 8S

Jack Robustus
Jack will, at first opportunity begin melee with Paddy since he is getting in the way. frown.gif Nothing fancy, just trying to use him as a punching bag. Hope Jack doesn't hurt Paddy too bad, since his melee attacks do physical not stun damage. cyber.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Well, this might be useful
Melee Dodge: 2 hits
If Superior position applies: 0 extra hits
Melee Resist (Impact): 3 hits
Jack Robustus
Now Jack is in full on Rock em Sock em Robot mode. (Seems an appropriate combat style given the circumstances smile.gif) Perhaps he would be more artful if he wasn't being compelled. wink.gif

More rolls for pulverizing Paddy. If he gets past the elf then it's on to Carla, unless Krait is crazy enough to take on the mysterious ork. But hey, with any luck Paddy and Carla stun Jack stupid before any more nonsense goes on. And hey, every three boxes of stun damage makes me roll one less die for every test I make for Jack! biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

That ought to be enough to get us through the next combat turn.
BlueRondo
I'm looking forward to how this round ends up.
adamu
Continuing with resolution of Combat Turn 1 -

Jack has gotten up, out from under Paddy.
Carla reaches forward and touches Jack's face. With the mother of all Soak rolls, Jack fully resists all shock damage, which is the one and only way to escape all secondary shock effects.
Jack makes for Carla, but suffers intercept attack from Paddy.
Paddy punches Jack for a final value of 5S damage. Not enough for knock down, but damage done on an Intercept stops the movement of the Intercepted.
Jack redirects his rock 'em sock 'em attack at Paddy, who evades the punch.
The monster, giving up on freeing itself, reattaches its arm.

That ends the Turn.

Need initiative, declarations and rolls and all that - anything you haven't already given me.

As before, people are free to IC, or else wait until we get more resolved/you have more time.

Also, just a reminder that just because one or more persons posts for one portion of the battle, doesn't mean you should not at some point post your own POV. And if they conflict a bit, fine - in the confusion of battle, everyone sees things slightly differently. Sooner or later, I hope for all four of you to post at least a little something about the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012