Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

INT 2 + Perception 4 = 6 - What's wrong with Andy????
3 1 3 4 2 2 = 0 hits...

What an emotional roller coaster!

Oh, and I do want to know how far ahead timewise I can post before stopping.
BlackHat
Adam - Third Wave

Not entirely sure which social rolls are going to be needed to smooth this over.

I figure, a leadership roll to convince Tyisha to stay clear of this mess (worried about her doing something rash).

An etiquette roll for ditching out on Jeff at dinner, and probably antoehr one for calling Sally back and explaining that I absolutely can't meet her at 9, or meet the Phee-Gees tonight. I'll go so far as to explain that a friend of mine called me right after I got off the phone with her, and that its literally an emergency - but I will try to keep Shwen's problem private.

I didn't catch exactly (and don't think it was specified) when, exactly, the Spring Blowout is, but I can't imagine that setting up the meeting for the following night would ruin anything.

Lastly, I wanted Adam to catch a taxi or bus back home, (since he walked, this would be faster, assuming he can quickly order a taxi online, or check the bus schedule quickly). Once home, he'll change into his suit (no way this will work if he shows up looking like a scrubby college kid), and take another cab/bus/whatever out to the Dancing Bare. He could take his own bike, but it would probably mess up his suit, so he wont. He will take his taser for personal protection - thought he fully expects it to be taken away from him, soon.

While in-transit, he's going to try to gather some information that might help him out.
He'll call up Loree (Hellcat) and see if she could help him dig up any information on "Franco Balducci" in the next hour or two. He's not hoping to get any actual mafia-related information, but figures that a lot of mafia guys use their real names, so "Frank" probably has a family, an address, and a lot of other public information that might help him get some sort of edge. He'll paruse student-records, and see if there are any other Balducci's on file (maybe his son or daughter goes to UW?), and then attempt to do a data search himself.

At work right now, but in an hour or two I'll get all of those rolls on here.
BlackHat
Adam - Third Wave
Okay, from the top...

Cha+Influence to convince Tyisha to stay out of this:
Hits scored: 5
Dice: [5] [5] [6] [6] [1] [2] [4] [6]

Cha+Influence to gracefully bow out of the rest of the dinner-date:
Hits scored: 3
Dice: [6] [3] [2] [1] [5] [2] [2] [5]

Cha+Influence to smooth over the fact that I have to reshedule the Phee-gee meet:
Hits scored: 2
Dice: [2] [2] [6] [2] [6] [1] [1] [1]

If that doesn't work, or Sally comes up with some reason why it can't be rescheduled (maybe she already called them, and now it would look bad, I dunno), Adam will seem upset, but will suggest an alternative plan. I havn't figured it out exactly yet (and neither has he) but I'll come up with something if I need to.

It will probably involve having the Phee-Gee's meet me at the Dancing Bare. I'd then have Sally or Jeff wire me that cred that Jeff mentioned to buy the Phee-Gees a few drinks and dances while I conduct buisness elsewhere.

Actually, that sounds pretty sweet. Hell of a way to appologize for the Kappa-Sig's behavior.

Okay, back on track.

Data Search: Electronics+Browse. I'll only roll Adam's and let you handle Hellcat's attempts seperatly. According to the core book, with a threshold of 1 minute for the whole damn matrix I imagine Adam would be able to do a few quick searches on his way to and from his dorm (google, FTW).

Not sure how many minutes I have (I'd imagine at least 10) or what your ruling on capping extended test attempts is (max attempts = dice pool seems common), so I'll just roll out the dice and you can decide how to handle it.

Also not sure what level fo detail you want about my search. I assume some of knowing what to look for is abstracted away in the data-search skill, but I'll try to be somewhat specific. Adam will start by looking for any relatives of "Franco Balducci" at UW by cross-referencing the student directory with any information he can find online about men named "Franco Balducci" that live in the Seattle area. He will also attempt to gather contact information (commcodes, addresses) for "Franco Balducci" and kin. Will attempt to get images of him, and any kin, and lastly, try to find contact info for whoever might be in charge of "Franco Balducci" within the mafia (long shot). I figure there is no way that "the guy who beats up prostitutes" is very high on the mafia's list of important people, so there has to be someone more important than him, who probably wouldn't appreciate it of Frank is stirring up shit. Of course, I have no idea who this person is, but that's where the wonderful internet comes into play.

Adam will, hopefully, once he has identified the guy, be silfting through his digital trash looking for clues.
[ Spoiler ]

With a total of 32 hits, in 9 minutes of searching, it seems like Adam would be capable of finding the most extreme information possible twice over. biggrin.gif (Remind me to thank Loree for the sweet Browse program, and tricked out commlink). Of course, the BBB is fairly quiet about just what's available, but the bit about how one could "track down Mr. Johnson's real identity" sounds promissing. So does "a mob goon's phone number".
Konsaki
Cattie - Third wave

@Adamu

I finished up the day for Caittie. I hope thats fine.
I can start up her next day if nothing happens during the night. Just let me know OOC.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 15 2006, 02:33 PM)
Ankle Biter

Only items you have on you are underwear, the clothes you threw on to make yourself decent for the cops at your door, and the metal restraints (handcuffs) holding your hands behind your back.  Barefoot.  If you had anything else, they took it from you in your apartment.  Right now you're in the back of the police car with two cops in front.
I am just a bit confused - you said I could go ahead and post arrival at Tower, but then asked about what you are wearing.  I think you were just curious and I will post your arrival soon, but assuming nothing horribly out of the ordinary takes place, I do need to know how long you will continue feigning unconsciousness.

Electra - First Wave

I was wanting to know if I had my comms on me, I guessed no and if that were the case then I would be headed for the tower.

I intendt to feign unconsciousness untill I can think of somethign better to do, but both in and out of character I really haven't a clue what frown.gif

Edit- Ok, so smelling salts worked, fair enough.
Can I get some kind of a read on the person who just spoke to me, does he believe that I did the bombing, or is he just saying that?
adamu
Ankle Biter

Oops - looks like I gave up on that OOC reply literally minutes before you made it online for today.

For your question, see Judge Intentions, page 130. Not foolproof, but best place to start.
adamu
Abbandon

Okay, as I explained - he doesn't want you getting to them/you want to get to them. He's between you and them. In game terms, you declare movement toward them, and he gets a free attack on you (Interception). If you take damage he stops you, if not, you get your movement. You can still add that to the current combat turn if you want, just roll the defense/soak for another attack.

Initiative tie - you miss and so does he. He also fails to tag you with his second attack. But his face is calm and confident - he's got no need to hurry.

With the ambulance burning, no one is going in. But the team rallies and they are putting together the telescoping body brace from the medkit Nick carried out with him. But you know that's going to take them about ten seconds (three more combat turns) to get put together properly and secure the woman to - and that's FAST.

If you want to do the movement thing this round - just post that OOC.

If you don't want to do that at this time, please post IC, and then your next turns actions OOC.
Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave

Fair enough, will check my book tonite.
adamu
pragma

Dude, hate to ruin your whole interrogation action post. My general policy is that if rolled-for actions get tabled for any substantial period, they get re-rolled if we get back to that scene. The reason is that too many variables can have changed by the time we get back to the originally intended scene.

Anyway, I need initiative and your actions for the first combat turn.

I have already taken the liberty of rolling for your surprise so to avoid another post cycle.

Montressor got surprise, so whatever your initiative, the first pass is he casts the spell and you do nothing, since you can't act against him, and you weren't really doing anything else but spotting Ana.

So please defend against his spell, and then declare/roll your next two passes.

Oh, can you please confirm for me my impression that you are astrally projecting from your car as it trundles toward the CIA building on autopilot? Not a problem, just want to be on same page.
adamu
Mister Juan

Okay, since you said the fight was to 'first blood' I will say that any blow that does three boxes of damage in one shot draws blood. (Unless you specify body shots - no called shot penalty for just that.)

This should be pretty simple since you specified closed fists only. I need initiative, declare actions and rolls (naturally including defensive rolls).
adamu
JDragon

Forgot to mention that now that you are in the transition phase, you get your edge back. It won't refresh again until this phase it over. Then you will be in regular play, and it will refresh 'normally' - which for me is not that often - basically at the end of each full 'adventure'.

Driver estimates about ten minutes to the gym. They are open 24/7. Since you train there, you know there will be a lot of people there. Watch the fight on the big screen, party afterwards (though there will still be die hards who will not miss a workout for their mother's funeral, so the party will be limited to the boxing area). As a premium member, you have the code for the back door, always get VIP treatment when you go in the front, and have a small private dressing room. Please tell me if you want the credstick to be in there or hidden in some 'normal' locker.

Nothing will happen to you on the way there. Let me know if you want to do anything on the way there, and what you want to do when you get there.

You can make an IC post up to your arrival if you feel like it, or not.
adamu
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Harriet - Third Wave

INT 2 + Perception 4 = 6 - What's wrong with Andy????
3 1 3 4 2 2 = 0 hits...

What an emotional roller coaster!

Oh, and I do want to know how far ahead timewise I can post before stopping.

Well, zero hits - can't help you much, obviously. I can tell you there are no obviousl physical injuries.

Posting - hate to say too much and give anything away, you understand.
Let's take it real slow for a while. Post as you leave any location, one for getting anywhere else, and then another for what you do wherever that is, and so on. That lets me insert something wherever I might need to.
adamu
Cedric

Very nice, dude. I'll give you this without a social roll. Never thought you'd have your character take the obsequious/eat crap route, but your internal monologue kept it in character.
So he will loan you his decrypt and defuse programs, set to degrade after one use each (wouldn't cost him a single nuyen to just GIVE them to you, but you know hackers).
Both are rating 6 - they'll run on your commlink, but at rating 5, of course.
Let me know what you do with them OOC, and at least a quick IC, please.
adamu
BlackHat

No longer UW, U of S! NOT a big deal, but remember how anal I am.

You are pretty sure you convince Tyisha to stay out of it.

Getting out of dinner is not really hard, as long as Jeff is sure you are still on the Spring Blowout case. Spring Blowout still a few weeks away, by the way.
Neither Jeff nor John are thrilled about being left at a table without you as a social buffer. John will go with you back to the dorm, and Jeff will join Greek acquaintances that are always in this sports bar.

The thing about meeting the Phee-Gees tonight was, I think, your assumption. All that has been arranged is meeting Sally. This is the most dramatic thing in her universe right now, and your own purported emergency only heightens that for her. She insists that you still come over, although "it doesn't matter HOW late!"

Okay - Franco Balducci.
First, I have it in my mind how he ties into the Seattle Mafia hierarchy, but my understanding is that Runner Havens details major changes in that area. Of course I could make this stuff up, but the closer I stay to canon, the more 'on the same page' we can all be. The book is in the mail to me as I type - hopefully will have it soon.
But for now, 32 successes plus whatever Hellcat can come up with is pretty good. But I must limit it somewhat since you don't really have any sort of Mafia knowledge skills to help put this stuff in context.
So that gives me an excuse to be vague until my book arrives. Slight bummer for you.

In a nutshell - Rowena O'Malley is currently the top Mafia person in Seattle, though of course there are various families. The Balducci Brothers, Alfonse and Franco, have their own crew that is not really affiliated with any of the major families. They pay nominal tribute to various dons, but have basically proven brilliant at finding niches in the underworld economy that have fallen between the cracks and gone unclaimed by other families. Or else moved into areas that were controlled by very weak splinter factions of Yak, Vory, Seoulpa, etc. Basically, they are making a place for themselves in the Seattle Cosa Nostra world without directly opposing other Mafia families or MAJOR interests of other OC types.

So Franco Balducci, as far as you can tell, is a top guy in a very small but up and coming mafia crew. Both brothers have very big reps as extremely tough, smart, and ruthless.

Comm number? You find three.

Both these guys have kids, and some consider it a show of hubris that they don't send them to boarding schools out of town. Franco's kids are all in grade or middle school. But Alfonse has a daughter at U of Seattle. Freshman. Lives at home. She's the limo you've noticed pulling in behind Thomson Hall (Asian Studies/East Asian library) sometimes - and yeah, she is a Chinese Studies major.
Pix of her and Alfonse and Franco - sure. They look like BIG, but handsome and very well dressed (if a bit too much gold) thugs. She is a basically homely girl who has bought all the looks many can buy. You've never met her.

You know that Seattle has a new DA. Very young and idealistic - and determined to make a dent in Seattle OC. Myers Rothstein. Some think he has potential. Others say he was appointed because he will do all the right things in the public's eyes but be too ineffectual to really make any waves.

IC to this point is on you.
adamu
Okay people - think I am current on everyone. That is it for me until probably my Monday, when I will start with 3rd, then 1st, 2nd, etc.

No time for karma this weekend; I'll send two weeks' worth next weekend.
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
IC to this point is on you.

Is this a fancy new-fangled way of saying its my move? biggrin.gif

Very well. biggrin.gif I'll post something today, thanks for all the effort above - not sure how much of that you had already planned, and how much of I forced you to come up with in a few days, but it looks good. Definatly have some things to work with.
BlackHat
Also, does this homely daughter have a name? or should I make one up?
Are there any details surrounding the comm numbers to differentiate one from the others? (if one is listed as "home", or "office" or something)
Was I able to find home addresses for either of the two Balducci brothers?
adamu
BlackHat

Sorry if I was unclear. Yeah, I am just asking you to do an IC post reflecting what we have done so far - your conversations I ruled on, your communication with your hacker friend, what you do and where you go etc up to the point where you need to declare more actions ooc.

A gamemaster should never tell his secrets, but virtually all the info I gave you was already pre-set.

Numbers - all appear to be portable commcodes, all of unverifiable accuracy. Girl's name is Harper Balducci.
BlackHat
At work, so I don't have access to the rules, but I'll post the rolls for the various traces, spoofs, etc when I get home tonight.
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

Harriet is going to have to wait till the medics arrive and maybe tell her what happened to Andy before figuring out where to go/do next.
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
JDragon

Forgot to mention that now that you are in the transition phase, you get your edge back. It won't refresh again until this phase it over. Then you will be in regular play, and it will refresh 'normally' - which for me is not that often - basically at the end of each full 'adventure'.

Driver estimates about ten minutes to the gym. They are open 24/7. Since you train there, you know there will be a lot of people there. Watch the fight on the big screen, party afterwards (though there will still be die hards who will not miss a workout for their mother's funeral, so the party will be limited to the boxing area). As a premium member, you have the code for the back door, always get VIP treatment when you go in the front, and have a small private dressing room. Please tell me if you want the credstick to be in there or hidden in some 'normal' locker.

Nothing will happen to you on the way there. Let me know if you want to do anything on the way there, and what you want to do when you get there.

You can make an IC post up to your arrival if you feel like it, or not.

Angus - Second Wave

Adamu

Thanks for the heads up on the Edge.

I'm guess I would keep it "hidden" in the private area to make it less likely for it to disappear.

I'll get my IC post up as soon as possible.

My basic plan is, get to gym send Limo back to arena. Slip in the the back door, get the credstick, change clothes (figure I will have some kinda street clothes there with as much time as I spend there.) and hit the road. Not sure where I'm going yet, but will figure it out when I see how things went at the gym.

JD
BlackHat
Spoofing the comlink's access id is Hacking + Spoof (4 dice, okay, maybe he hasn't done this THAT many times before). Note to self: In the future, remember to let an agent spoof your ID.
Hits scored: 3
Dice: [1] [6] [5] [6]
yay, made it anyways.

upon further inspection of the rules - I can't trace a commcode by commcode ID alone, apparantly I have to be percieving its icon in some other node. o.O I guess I figured it was like some sort of DNS lookup by IP or something - and I don't see any matrix actions that allow someone to just "find" a node that a particular commcode ID is in...

So, short of calling this guy, is there a good way to percieve him in the matrix in order to start triangulating his position? I suppose the Dancing Bear node is a good place to start looking.... I suppose that hacking into a commlink would work, too, right? Since commlinks all have built in GPS stuff, that any user should have access to. I'm unclear on if I can just reach out into the ether and attempt to connect to (and hack into) a commlink's node when I have no idea which nodes it is connected to (like sending a phone/video/text message, I imagine) - that finds him somehow...

I suppose I will wait for confirmation from adamu before proceeding, but I'm basically trying to acertain :
A) If any of these commcodes are currently online
B) Where they are located... biggrin.gif Which I don't expect to be too easy (If Franco is en-route to Shwen's place early, though, it'd be nice to know)

So, I will edit my IC post, since I can't just start locating them.
Mister Juan
@Adamu
Conall - Second Wave

Initiative Rolls: 6,1,3,3,6,4,6
Hits: 3
Initiative Score: 7+3 = 10

Conall, with a smirk on his face, will actually start by landing a few blows in Patrick's body (he's cocky and overconfident... he doesn't want to end the fight too fast)

Unarmed Combat Pool: 4+3 = 7
Rolls:5,2,5,4,6,2,1

Defense Pool: 4+3+2 = 9
Rolls:3,4,5,1,2,6,3,5,2

Body Rolls(if need be to soak something): 6,2,4,4
Hits: 1
pragma
First Wave, Pragma

I am indeed projecting from the car as it goes to the CIA. Also, don't sweat the lost rolls (though they were awfully good).

If I can, I'd like to spend the surprise round manifesting, yelling "In the tree" at Marsden, assigning spell defense to myself, my family and the wolverine types and flying to the nearest cover be it wall or tree or whatever else -- just want something mostly between me and him, hopefully where I can maintain spell defense.

If not that will be my first pass.

Subsequently I plan to hurl stunbolts at him until things start calming down.

I assume I'm going to be resisting mana based spells:

Resist -- surprise round:
Willpower + -- # dice: 5 :: 3 6 1 5 3 -- 2 successes
Spell Defense, if I get it # dice: 3 :: 6 1 6 -- 2 successes

Will use edge if I take more than three boxes -- it will be a reroll of failures
Willpower reroll # dice: 3 :: 5 3 3 -- 1 successes
Spell Defense reroll# dice: 1 :: 5 -- 1 successes

Resist -- 1st round:
Wipllower + Spell Defense # dice: 8 :: 5 6 3 1 1 6 5 4 -- 4 successes

Resist -- 2nd round:
Willpower + Spell Defense # dice: 8 :: 2 3 2 6 5 5 1 6 -- 4 successes

Spell slinging:

1st round: force 9 stunbolt and drain
Magic + Spellcasting # dice: 9 :: 3 4 2 6 6 2 1 1 2 -- 2 successes
Cha + Will# dice: 12 :: 3 5 3 4 6 3 4 1 1 6 5 6 -- 5 successes

2nd round: force 9 stunbolt and drain
# dice: 9 :: 1 4 5 2 4 5 5 3 5 -- 4 successes
# dice: 12 :: 6 1 4 1 2 4 6 6 6 5 1 4 -- 5 successes

I assume you'll be handling IC -- though I'm more than willing to if you'd prefer.
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Man to clear my LMG i get one whole die?? Isnt there mechanisms on LMG's to clear jams?? Doesnt my smartgun do anything besides tell me how bad im screwed ? I cant risk having the others shoot at him or they might hit me right?

Ankle Biter
First Wave - Electra

Only fair to say that I'll be away from Thursday till Tuesday the 29th. It's the Gathering, and I will have minimal to 0 net acces for the weekend.

Also, I seem to have misplaced my SR4, how do I do a sense motive check?
adamu
Ankle Biter

Charisma + Intuition (opposed by Charisma + Willpower)

excerpts - "natural empathy to gauge....intentions....never a certainty....gamemaster should...use it...to convey gut feelings the character gets when dealing with another"
adamu
BlackHat

Okay, spoof works fine. I appreciate your referencing the appropriate rules for me - it really saves me time.

Please remember what we discussed about how all your comm ratings are stuck at 5 by your response rating.

Could you do me a favor? I am reviewing your matrix gear and I see two lists of software. It looks like one is a description of your agent, and one is your software on your comm? I can't really make it out. Could you clarify all that for me, either here or in a PM?

For finding Franco this evening - I am fully behind you doing hacking stuff, and we will play it out when it matters. But just to find this guy - since the rules seem pretty vague on this one point, it seems like a lot of hassle to hack something just for that. And considering that you got, what? 32 successes on your data search, not counting what Hellcat got, let's say it included a recent sighting of him at the Dancing Bare, and also the info that confirms what Tyisha told you that he is there a lot. You get what you want, and we move things along.
Again, NOT discouraging hacking play - just seems like a lot for a little right now.

So you know where he is. I will nonetheless say that one of the commcodes you got does seem to be active right now (what is that? Scan?).
If you still want to hack him with some other goal in mind, then proceed to inform me of your hack actions ooc.

If you want to go to the Dancing Bare, please post IC up to the parking lot and then let me know OOC in some detail what your intentions are upon entering so I can IC post your entrance.
adamu
Abbandon

Yes, reviewing your sheet, I agree that an armorer test for you would amount to one die. I don't know exactly what you want me to do about that. I am sorry you don't have that skill. And I am sorry your logic skill is not what you would like it to be. I certainly do not wish to sound flippant here. Sometimes situations come up and you don't have the right skill. In this case, you rolled a glitch. With a critical, you would have shot yourself in the foot. With just a glitch, the first thing that came to my mind was a jam. Than I figured what I thought it would take to clear the jam. Didn't look to see if you had the skill - shouldn't matter.

If it was something your smartlink could just fix, it wouldn't be a glitch. The smartlink can order the parts of the gun to do anything in their normal range of motion. If they have gone askew of that range, it has no command. It has no motive power of its own. And if a shell casing has gotten lodged somewhere it shouldn't be, it would need to be manually extracted.

Yes, IF you can get Ray and Nick to stop working on the stretcher, or IF you can get Danni to put the baby on the ground, they would have a chance of hitting you. they all have pistol skills of 2 and agility of three. You are fifteen meters away from them. They have the same low-light enhancements you do. If they get a glitch they will hit you.

Look forward to your actions for next combat turn.
adamu
pragma

Okay, page 156 pretty much rules out ALL the actions you wanted to take while surprised, since they all have to do with Montressor. Page 175 also specifies you don't get spell defense.

So you WOULD have taken big damage on the first pass, but with that edge point you beat the incoming spell.

You did not send me your initiative so I rolled it and I am sorry to say you lost.

So on the second pass, he casts again, and you can feel he is just BARELY getting through your spell defense. You did not specify whether you would use Edge at your 3-box-limit on subsequent passes, and I don't want to make that decision for you.
So let me know about that, and then I will continue to resolve the rest of the combat turn with the rolls and declared actions in your last OOC post.
adamu
Mister Juan

You got initiative and got a few good body shots in, but he's pretty muscular - not sure if you really hurt him. He fights back, and does not seem hopeless, though he is obviously throwing everything he has into it, not pacing himself. In any case, you dodge all his blows.

You can post IC for that if you want, or we can wait till we've gone a few more rounds.

In any case, please post the next combat turn's OOC as well. In fact, this is such a simple combat, why don't you post two turns' worth of declarations/rolls.
adamu
Well, said I'd see you again on Monday, but unexpectedly had time today. Was just going to do a little, but the next scene kept calling me. So I got posts to everyone that had replied since yesterday EXCEPT MK Ultra - sorry, dude, your thing just takes the most brain power, and I don't have it tonight.
You will be FIRST on Monday, and then I will proceed with 3rd wave as originally planned for Monday.
BlackHat
Lol, yeah, thanks for the abstraction. smile.gif
And yeah, I knew that hte programs would be limited to 5 - I just bought some of the cheaper or more important ones at 6 so that if/when I could get my hands on an upgrade, I wouldn't have to rebuy my whole library of programs.

An explaination of that part of my CS will be forthcoming.

I don't have time to post IC today, but I will make sure I get to it before monday (that leaves tomarrow, I guess). And its good to know that my cab is going to the right place, but I might take the time to investigate the single commcode that is active (since my targets are smaller now) during the ride.
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Man im pretty screwed. Did you roll for my bad luck when i spend edge? I was just cruising through the rulebook and over my guy for inspiration and noticed it. I'd say he already got screwed over by bad luck lol and is living up quite nicely to his qaulity.

Can i ask if i will be allowed to hit this guy if i ever get a good roll ?? I'm about ready to chuck my LMG at his ass what kinda damage would that do its pretty heavy hehe. Oh yeah and have you been giving my guy his penalty for being attacked repeatedly? I will start including that in my rolls.

Hmmm. agility 3 + firearms 2 +any lasers or smartgun?? - medium range for pistols 1 = 4-6 dice for the crew. And sword troll gets -3 for being engaged in combat. If he is on full defense thats atleast reaction (9) + dodge/whatever (6) - being engaged 3 = 12 at the very maximum.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had talked about trying to move closer to the other people but i dont wanna try to break past him just yet

Turn 3.

Initiative:
Reaction 5 + intuition 4 = 9 dice
5,2,5,5,2,6,4,5,1= 5 hits
Final init: 14

Attack:(complex action)
Agility 4 + Unarmed 5 + striking 2 = 11 dice
3,3,6,5,1,4,5,4,2,4,1 = 3 hits
Starting DV: 4S +3 = 7S

Defense #1
Reaction 5 + unarmed 5 = 10 dice
6,1,6,5,6,6,4,3,2,5 = 6 hits

Body Soak #1
Body 6 + impact 8= 14 dice
4,5,5,4,6,5,5,6,3,6,6,3,4,5 = 9 hits

Defense #2
Reaction 5 + gymnastics 5 - previous attack 1 = 9 dice
4,6,4,1,6,4,1,5,5 = 4 hits

Body soak #2
Body 6 + impact 8= 14 dice
1,5,6,5,3,1,4,3,3,1,5,1,3,5 = 4 hits

Ray Nick and Dani will continue setting up the stretcher.

My opponent is awfully mute. Shouldnt he be blabbing about why this is happening or something.. Exactly how many IP's does he have? 3? Is he backing me up down the street or towards a building or anything? Man if this battle directly ties into whatever happens to my guy then it will be THE reason he has the bad luck qaulity lol.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Again, not a problem on the lost actions though I would classify spell defense, at least on myself, as the same sort of action as dropping prone which is explicitly allowed. However, what you say goes.

I intend to use edge -- staying afloat is mission critical at the moment. I'm assuming that its too late to use it to go first in the first non-surprise round, though that would be the ideal use at this point. If that assumption is incorrect I'll reroll failures as below.

Rerolling willpower failures (assuming that the three rightmost die were the spell defense):
# dice: 3 :: 3 1 2 -- 0 successes

Dang.

Initiative for the next two rounds (sorry, it absolutely slipped my mind)
# dice: 6 :: 6 2 2 4 5 2 -- 2 successes
# dice: 6 :: 3 4 1 2 4 4 -- 0 successes

Leads to an initiative of 8 and 6 -- nothing to write home about.
Mister Juan
@Adamu
Conall - Second Wave

I'll wait until the results from the two next passes to write up the IC post (that and I'm stupidly busy until monday morning wink.gif

For both rounds, Conall isn't going to play it "nice"; he's going straight for the face (with a preference in maybe breaking Patrick's nose. Nothing like giving a guy two black eyes nyahnyah.gif)

Round 2:
Will use 1 of Edge to go first

Initiative: 1,1,4,6,3,6,2
Hits: 2
Initiative Score: 9

Unarmed Combat Rolls:6,2,5,4,2,2,2

Dodge Rolls: 3,2,3,5,1,3,4,1,6

Round 3:
Initiative: 1,2,2,5,3,1,1
Initiative Score: 8

Unarmed Combat Rolls:5,3,1,2,5,1,5

Dodge Rolls: 3,2,4,3,2,3,5,4,3

Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave

QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 19 2006, 12:54 PM)
Ankle Biter

Charisma + Intuition  (opposed by Charisma + Willpower)

excerpts - "natural empathy to gauge....intentions....never a certainty....gamemaster should...use it...to convey gut feelings the character gets when dealing with another"

Thanks, so

[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

Am I correct in thinkng Andy is'nt a habitual Bliss user?
adamu
JDragon

You mentioned in your Aug 18 post that you were going to do an IC post of getting to the gym. I am NOT trying to rush you, but I was worried that maybe you were waiting for me for something? Just sucks when we both are waiting for each other, so wanted to make sure that's not what's happening.
For you IC post, the gym is as I mentioned in an earlier ooc post - partying and so forth. Provided the drug thing hasn't hit the news yet(???) you know that if you go in the front or get spotted by anyone you are going to have a real tough time not getting mobbed by your friends and associates in wave of celebration.
Go ahead and post up to the point you get your credstick and get changed, and indicate either IC or OOC how you plan on leaving the gym/travelling wherever you intend to go next.
adamu
MK Ultra

Major post coming in about 10 real world hours from this post time. It will be covering most of the junket, in which you will mostly be a spectator. Last chance to let me know if you have any particular things you want to do/look for/present as while touring the small Kentucky mining town.
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
JDragon

You mentioned in your Aug 18 post that you were going to do an IC post of getting to the gym. I am NOT trying to rush you, but I was worried that maybe you were waiting for me for something? Just sucks when we both are waiting for each other, so wanted to make sure that's not what's happening.
For you IC post, the gym is as I mentioned in an earlier ooc post - partying and so forth. Provided the drug thing hasn't hit the news yet(???) you know that if you go in the front or get spotted by anyone you are going to have a real tough time not getting mobbed by your friends and associates in wave of celebration.
Go ahead and post up to the point you get your credstick and get changed, and indicate either IC or OOC how you plan on leaving the gym/travelling wherever you intend to go next.

Adamu

No I was not waithing for info from you, but thanks for checking. biggrin.gif

Actually, I got off work early Friday and had Saturday off for my 6 year wedding anniversary yesterday (8/19). The wife and I spent the evening together Friday and were gone all day yesterday.

I was planning on doing my IC post today at lunch or tonight when I get home.

I'll use the additional information you provided in my IC post to keep things moving.

Just gotta take care of one thing in a D&D PbP game I'm running and I'll start working on my IC post. Based on your post Friday I thought I was safe till Monday. nyahnyah.gif

JD
adamu
JDragon

Congratulations on your anniversary.
As I said, NOT rushing you (it's not like I am hanging around these boards waiting forlornly for something to do!). Just wanted to be on the same page.
JDragon
Adamu

Thanks and no problem we are on the same page. ANd its a good one, I'm having a blast so far.

JD
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu)
MK Ultra

Major post coming in about 10 real world hours from this post time. It will be covering most of the junket, in which you will mostly be a spectator. Last chance to let me know if you have any particular things you want to do/look for/present as while touring the small Kentucky mining town.

2nd wave, John

1. I will be keeping an eye out for any information that will later help me undermine the international union as well as UCAS Steel. Anything that can be presented as their failure later on.
2. Since I probably won´t be abled to draw Billings on NeoNET´s side, I´ll also try to at least be as chummy and helpfull infront of the media with & for the other senators, to win their support for upcomming anti-trust issues and stuff.
3. And making a good show of being concerned about the people -which he is to some degree, but not as much as to waver in his loyalty- will off cause be default. If I can do something to help them, without risking my own agenda that would be suggar off cause (but spending much of my own money/RFS´ money won´t be possible untill my contract is fulfilled and I´m swimming in nuyen.gif ), would allso look good for NeoNET and buy them some trust for the upcoming decisions wink.gif.
4. get the intell and do the stuff I need to do, to accelerate my current task as planned and stay in touch with boston, off cause!
5. If necessary, load a golf -or whatever- soft, to present a tough match and still let the senators win nyahnyah.gif
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Ok, my IC is up. Got my credstick, my pill bottle (your call on how many are there) and a change of clothes.

My plan for now is to head for the hills, well actually for the barrens.

I'm going to use Farly's comm to order a cab, and have it pick me up in 10 min about 4-5 blocks away. Once i've ordered the cab I'll break the comm and put it in the towel bag.

Somewhere between the gym and the cab pick up I'll ditch the bag.

I'll have the cab take me as far in to the barrens as I can get it to go, then go from there.

Let me know if you need any rolls for stuff.

JD
BlackHat
Adam - Third wave

New Program setup:
[ Spoiler ]

Here are my expectations for rolls that will be needed... let me know if you need anything else. Otherwise, I'll attempt to make as many of htem as possible so there will be less back-and-forth.

[rant] Hacking rules, "streamlined" or no, take more real-life time than in game time to use [/rant]

[ Spoiler ]

IF all of that gets done without me settting off an alert (like, if he's running on a metalink), I might not log right away... so I'll have to see the results to assess my situation. The primary goal is the destruction of that information... but I could think of some other things to do in here, if the system is easy enough to work in.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, as you saw from the IC - you probably have the two junior senators on your side, and you don't think media damage is bad. And you have earned the promised time off your current task.

Also, you get one extra die for your extended tests on the UCAS steel-related problem, and an extra three dice for your extended test involving swaying UCAS senators. Please remember those, as I will probably forget.

Also, I should have told you this before, as it would have been in your files, but I don't think it has made any difference so far. Although Billings is working hard to earn her endorsement, the Mayhurst is actually a registered Republican. No info on why, but not hard to guess - a lot of the same social issues as today remain hot-button political problems in the UCAS.

You can do you own IC take on the trip, the golf, whatever. The Mayhurst remains the Mayhurst, Billings will not really be swayed, but may come to like and respect you more than he did.
Do what you like now, but there is nothing from me until February 4, the day you are supposed to figure out what to do about the lawsuits that are threatening the solvency of NeoNET's M&A targets.
If I don't get any further posts from you by the time I get back to 2nd wave, I will go ahead and post that day.
adamu
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Aug 19 2006, 10:00 PM)
Harriet - Third Wave

Am I correct in thinkng Andy is'nt a habitual Bliss user?

You are sure he didn't use at all. Not only would it have been almost impossible to hide such a thing from you given your intimate relationship and the fact that you worked together every day, but also, though he was not very political, he often made comments like the ork EMT about drugs killing the race.

Are you looking for something in particular as you scan the check-ins for Andy's shift? Let me know if you need info.

Please post IC ONLY for contacting Morris (he will answer, though he is fixing an action star of your choice), as I will have an IC post for you immediately after that while you are still near home. (I would skip ahead and IC post your call to Morris to keep things moving, but my guess is that you'd prefer to introduce him yourself.)
adamu
BlackHat

Okay, you are on his commlink with security access, and no apparent alarms. You also feel confident that there is no blackmail info on here at all. You go through lots of files, and it looks like all the crap that people have for personal use - the stuff you have on your own laptop, or that most normal folks would have on their commlink. But you don't notice anything that looks like it is related to his mafia biz. You do think, however, just from looking around, that it is or is make to look like it is his own, carry around all the time personal commlink.

Let me know what you want to do. Make any IC post you want up to this point. His system is not sculpted, just uses standard iconography.

adamu
Ankle Biter

Your sense is that he actually thinks you are guilty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012