Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Mister Juan
Right right right..... for some reason, I kept flashing on the three "running" zombies that are near Carla....

Yea... I'm THAT tired.
adamu
Blue Rondo

Yes - you do.
That is why I want to know how many actions you are left with once you arrive - regular running and therefore 2 simple/1 complex, or sprinting up the stairs and therefore 1 free + 1 simple (need a running test in the latter case).
MK Ultra
Ok, here we go, Round 8.

If I go before Etain, I´ll spend a Simple or Complex action (whichever is needed) to pull her to her feet and then run for the front door or if Etain does so, even sprint (free or simple action). If I have a Free/Simple Action left, I´ll use it to Intercept if that becomes necessary.

In case Etain goes first and is allready on her feet, I´ll still take her hand and run or if she does so, even sprint (free or simple action). Using a free action for Intercept if necessary and the other simple action, to Observe in detail, once we are out of the VIP area.

Rolls for Round 8:
Initiative: 11
Surprise: 1 hits
Defense: 0 and 1 hits
Soak (Impact): 2 and 2 hits
Willpower: 0 hits Critical Glitch and 1 hit no Glitch
Will+Char: 3 and 6 hits
Perception: 7 in detail or 5 distracted hits
Interception Melee Attack, if it happens: 3 hits, 3P base, Reach used for defense.
Sprint: 2 hits

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Couple of seconds to hop on a borrowed comp.

Reaction (3) + Intuition (4) = 7 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 Hits:2

Total 9 - 4 wound mod = 5

Needless to say Krait's gonna have to drag Etain out as she's not getting up anytime soon....
Mister Juan
Sorry Ernst, but you're going down.
As long as he is standing, Conall will attack him.
Once he's down for the count, he will try to catch up with Krait and Etain and take point. He'll attack anything he sees as a threat to any of them, and will do his best to "clear a way" for Krait and Etain.

IP1
If he can, Conall will try to position himself between Ernst and Etain.
Free Action: Held for Intercept
Complexe Action: Death Touch Force 8
Rolls:4,4,6,3,4,1,3,5,2,3,2,4
2 hits, DV 10P

Drain 2P
Rolls:3,6,2,2,2,1,5,1,2, 2 hits, No Drain

Touch Attack
Rolls:3,6,6,1,5,1,2,5,3,6
5 hits

IP2
Rolls:5,1,2,6,6,5,1,1,1,2,2,3
4 hits, DV 12P

Drain 2P
Rolls:1,6,4,5,3,6,5,6,5, 6 hits, No Drain

Touch Attack
Rolls:5,6,3,2,5,2,4,2,2,1
3 hits

IP3
Rolls:4,3,1,2,5,5,6,3,5,6,2,1
5 hits, DV 13P

Drain 2P
Rolls:2,6,3,6,6,2,6,6,5, 6 hits, No Drain

Touch Attack
Rolls:6,3,5,4,2,3,4,6,4,4
3 hits

Quite honestly, if Ernst is still alive after all this.... we're in REAL trouble.

Mister Juan
And by the way, I am REALLY sorry for my flakyness lately. Work has been keeping me very busy, which is both a god and bad thing wink.gif In a field like mine, you just can't turn down contracts, cause you'll never know when a dry month might show up.

On the good side of thing, the business is now running wayyyy smoother, so I've "schedueled" myself back into my "administrative" position.... meaning I'll be more at home, and probably running regular office hours (9 to 5). Oh the wonders of being the top dog and bossing others around.

Anyways, all that to say I should be back to my steady self toward next week.
BlueRondo
Oh darn, and now I'M swamped with work. I should be clear by Wednesday night, though.
adamu
Thanks to all of you for the updates. Sucks when people can't post - but RL is RL - not like the people that are stuck working like it any better than those of us waiting!
adamu
Combat Turn 8 Resolution inside club

Easy turn.

Krait helps Etain up - between sustaining and getting hit, she can barely walk on her own, much less get up by herself or run.

Conall attacks the staggering Ernst one more time and nukes him. No more body to possess....

After that, Conall can lead the way out to the front. By the end of Combat Turn 8 you can be at the front door - you don't encounter anyone alive or undead on the way out, and even the street outside is almost empty as the last of the crowd is scattering to the four winds.

Krait - your Observe in Detail, along with your sensory enhancements, notice that the light is on in one second-floor (that's second floor American style - like, really the second floor) window, which is open (very strange in this neighborhood), and there are loud thumping sounds and panicked screams coming from that room. (You also figure that is probably the general area where Carla was stationed.)
Mister Juan
Are we still considered "in combat time", and so we have to state actions, or are we free to post.

If we need to state actions... well, Conall will FIRMLY instruct Krait to take Etain the hell out of dodge while he goes to get Miss J.

He'll then try to contact her via his commlink to know where she is.
adamu
Carla still on combat time, so anyone that wants to go help her is also basically on combat time, too.

But no problem - Conall Turn 9 - Talk to Krait/Call Miss J on commlink - sound OK?
Mister Juan
Yop.
I'll post IC in 2 sec.
adamu
I look forward to that very much. Your action posts always rock.
Mister Juan
Well, this one is shorter and less intense... I wish I could give Ernst the ending he deserves...... but I don't have the time frown.gif
Mister Juan
The thing is I now realize how insanely deadly Conall is in close quarters. I mean, his punches do more damage than a Panther Canon shell.

Why do I have the feeling like the next zombie Conall faces is going to be a dikoted dragon cyberzombie of uber doom? wink.gif

BlueRondo
Okie dokie, I finally got that workload off my chest.

Carla's going to use a free action to ascend the stairs, so she still has 2 simple/1 complex action left at the top.
adamu
Okay, I'm going to IC what Carla finds at the top of the stairs near the beginning of Turn 9.

I'll then need actions and rolls from BR.

The message from Conall will reach her at the end of Turn 9.
BlueRondo
Just to be clear, Carla's still completing actions for round 8, right?

Anyway, Carla looks around for any kind of club/stick/weapon that might be lying around. If she finds one, she'll use a simple action to pick it up and another one to ready it. If it's a throwing object she finds, she'll use a simple action to pick it up and another one to throw it at the male shedim. If she doesn't find anything, she'll throw her commlink at the male shedim.
adamu
Just to be clear, Carla's still completing actions for round 8, right?

That's right - you are doing your two simple actions for Turn 8.

First - I count picking a weapon up the same as readying it, so it would only cost one simple action.

There's an old coffee maker discarded in the hall, I suppose you could throw that.

Here's what I need from you now -

1) A willpower test to resist horrible fear.

2) A throwing test (agility + throwing).

3) Another willpower test to resist horrible fear.
Mister Juan
As mentionned, Conall will try to contact Carla while going over to where he knows she was last time she contacted the team. He won't try to be particularly stealthy.... at this point, he's more concerned about getting her out and getting back with his sister.
adamu
No problem, MJ. As I mentioned to BR three posts up, Carla will get Conall's message at the end of Turn 9 (since you sent it to her in Turn 9 after talking to Krait).

As soon as I have her Turn 9 rolls, I will work your comm message into her Turn 9 resolution, and she can respond in Turn 10 (if she has the chance!).

Since you are talking to Krait first, he will point out the open second-floor window across the street where he thinks she might have been. The most direct routes to that are either to go in the old hotel's front doors, or else climb the wall to the window.

During Turn 9, you can make it either to the door, or the point below the window.
BlueRondo
Sorry I haven't been good about providing my own rolls.

Throwing test: 3 Agi + (-1) Throwing skill = 1, 2 = swing-and-a-miss.

1 Will Test (4) = 4, 5, 3 3 = 1 hit
2 Will test (4) = 5, 2, 1, 4 = 1 hit
MK Ultra
Round 9

-Answer to Conall (Let him know, I understood his request to get Etain away from the heat & Pointing at window where I suppose Carla)
-Send another message to Violet & Kayla, asking for their status & lokation/a place to meet.
-Running/Sprinting south towards Touriville with Etain in tow (as fast as I can drag her along, without her falling to the ground).
-Sending another message to Morningstar, asking how quick she could organize for us to savely enter their teritorry (her Ghoul-Chummers not attacking us) and getting our back covered (her Ghoul-Chummers attacking any bad guys following us) if we struck a deal with her.

Rolls will probbaly follow tomorrow (if necessary). I´ll also try to cook up an IC then.
adamu
Turn 8 Resolution

The she-shedim hisses again at Carla and a wave of fear emanates from her. But to Carla, it is a joke - it is almost funny that this pathetic critter would think it could scare her.

Carla throws the coffee maker, and her target barely ducks in time. The way the coffee maker explodes when it hits the wall beyond is evidence that had it hit, it would have taken the shedim's head off.

The she-shedim tries again to magically terrify Carla, but once again Carla shrugs it off as the baseless bluff it is. Carla finds herself amazed at how weak these specimens are!

But the males keep hitting the door - Carla hears the door-sill start to splinter, and also gets the message from Paddy asking for her location.

Everyone

Need actions and rolls for Combat Turn 9 from Conall and Carla.

MK - you can do everything you declared, no rolls required. Violet says she is already clear of the crowd and headed south for the original meeting place (the bar parking lot on the north edge of Touristville). Since it is the last call you initiate, we will see whether you reach Morningstar in Turn 10.

As long as Vegas is offline, she will just follow along with Krait. Naturally, Vegas, the moment you get back to us we will be delighted to have you declare your own actions - hope both you and your computer return to full health.
BlueRondo
Adamu

I'm a bit confused - you wrote at the end of the round 8 resolution that Carla gets Conall's message, but earlier you said that she wouldn't get the message until the end of round 9.

In either case, Carla sends a message to Trix saying, "Go out the window!" and sprints back down the stairs.

If she does get Conall's message, she'll run down the stairs (instead of sprint) and respond to Conall. Does the flophouse have any noticable features that she would easily identify it by? If not, she just tell Conall, "Across VIP entrance."

Initiative: 5, 1, 5, 5, 2, 2, 4, 1 = 3 hits = 11
Running test: 2 Str + 1 Run = 6, 4, 5 = 2 hits
Mister Juan
Combat Turn 9

Initiative: 1,3,1,3,1,4,6,4, = 1 hit + 9 = 10

I don't know if it is possible... but can one use two simple action to sprint?

IP1
Simple Action: Sprint across the street and into the flophouse
[URL=Rolls (defaulting):]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1279537[/URL]1,6,6
2 hits
Current running rate: 25+4m per turn = 29 per turn = 9 meters per IP
Simple Action: Held for whatever

Conall will simply run until he gets inside the flophouse and meets up with Carla.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Sep 21 2007, 02:42 PM)
Adamu

I'm a bit confused - you wrote at the end of the round 8 resolution that Carla gets Conall's message, but earlier you said that she wouldn't get the message until the end of round 9.

BlueRondo - you are absolutely right - we were doing your Turn 8, the others did their "outside the club" stuff on their Turn 9.

But it's not a crucial point - easy to assume he called you really quickly on Turn 8, especially since we've been eyeballing his three actions per turn anyway.

So you get the call after throwing the coffee maker.

The hotel is called the Biltmore, you can tell him that if you want as you run down the stairs.

Anyway -

MJ - once Krait points to the window, the way into that building is obvious, as is the stairwell.

Even without a sprint, you will meet Carla as she comes down the stairs.

So basically, the two of you are on the stairs in the middle of Combat Turn 9/10 (whatever).

You are both basically out of movement, but Carla has a simple and a free left, and Conall has a complex or two simple left.
Since you can't move any further, you can use it to communicate or whatever. Or just tell me you're ready to move on.

Carla - no response from Trixie - you don't know whether she heard/saw your message or not.

MK Ultra - as you move east toward 162s turf, Morning Star answers your call. She will be able to offer you the same deal - cross 132nd into their turf, and they will guarantee your safety back to Touristville. She also asks about a shedim outbreak. I'll let you IC the conversation as it plays out over the next several seconds as Krait helps Etain away from the combat zone.

So from MJ and BR - need to know if you have anything else for THIS combat turn, and need initiative and rolls for NEXT combat turn.

Right now there is no word from the whores, and Krait is no longer in LOS of the window. And of course Conall has no idea that there is anything of importance on the second floor. So declare your actions but you will be allowed to change them depending on what you find or what happens based on your movements.
BlueRondo
Remaining actions for this round: Carla informs Conall that the shedim are up the stairs at the door. That's about it.

Initiative for next round:

1: 3
2: 5 ... Success
3: 3
4: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success
5: 5 ... Success
6: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
7: 1
8: 4

8 + 3 = 11 initiative. Actions will depend on what Conall does.
adamu
Well, BR, looks like you found yourself an online dice roller (an old SR3 version, apparently). Whatever works for you.

But I count four successes there, so your initiative will actually be 12.

Anyway, MJ - you now know there are shedim on the second floor, so you can base your actions on that knowledge.
Mister Juan
Conall will simply take Carla's arm and tug her toward the exit, saying "Well, let's get out of here then."
BlueRondo
Oh man, finishing school's going to be tough if I can't even count anymore.

Also, I've been using that same dice roller for months; I just decided to copy-and-paste this time.
adamu
So - Carla and Conall meet on the stairs.

Carla says there are shedim upstairs.

Conall takes her arm and says let's get the hell of of here.

Need to know whether or not Carla goes along with that...
BlueRondo
Yes, Carla goes along.
adamu
Okay - we are off "combat time" until further notice.

You guys head out - I am sure Conall will want to move fast to catch up with Krait and his sister.

As you go out the front doors, you hear thumping and screaming sounds from the open second floor window. Glancing up you see a woman get her head and shoulders out the window before something yanks her back inside.

You guys can continue to try to catch up with the others, or do anything else you wish.

Let me know.
Vegas
Ok... I'm SLOWLY catching up with the little time I have but the computer is back and in working order (knock on wood)

I'll try to get a "recap" type of post up from Etain's perspective but it might be brief flashbacks inside the club and focus more on Krait's assistance getting her out of the club and from that point going forward...

Sorry about the long delay guys.. I've missed ya! smile.gif
MK Ultra
We missed you, too! Good to have you back wink.gif

In case Etain needs some chearing up -though if I didn´t get anything wrong, she didn´t lose any composure checks- here is a Gut-Check roll with 7 hits, to get her back into working order (mentally at least).

[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan & BlueRondo:
Conall & Carla will get a message from Krait, saying that they can enter Ghoul-Turf and get backup (for X nuyen.gif, which I´ll pay from Carla´s credstick on demand), if things get real uggly.

Adamu

I´ll warn Morningstar about the outbreak and basically tell her everything I know about it, if she likes. I´ll do an IC about that.

I´ll try to haggle for a better price, in case Conall & Carla need their protection, but I´ll make it clear in advance, that they won´t need to use that option, if everything runs smove and that I can´t pay anything in advance, so she dosn´t get disappointed, if we don´t use that rout.

IIRC, the base price was 1k nuyen.gif, but that was with a set time and a bonus if they need to wait any longer.

Negotiation without any modifires scored 4 hits

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK Ultra

The base price was Y1,000.

She also wanted Y200/hour to be on stand-by. But that is no longer relevant.

You get her down to Y800 with your negotiating.
BlueRondo
Adamu

Approximately how much time does it take for Carla and Conall to catch up with the other two? (Assuming no interruptions and a brisk pace.)
adamu
Well, you stopped to talk for a minute, but basically you are both able to move fast, while they are stumbling along, and their head start is only a few seconds.

So you should catch up to them very quickly - say they come into sight a block ahead within 20 seconds.

MK has a bunch of stuff to IC, and then I know he plans to call you guys, so in the IC let's wait on his next post for now. Once that is up, you can all resume posting IC at will.
adamu
MK Ultra

I'm a little unclear - did you already send the money to Morningstar, or were you saying you would send it if requested by Paddy?

Also, "Just a few steps to the bike" is perfectly fine to SAY to Etain, to encourage her, but it is not TRUE. You won't have gotten that far before the others catch up to you.

They said they would catch you as fast as possible, so they should be with you very shortly after the end of your post.

Everyone and anyone cool to continue IC posting now.
MK Ultra
no money sent yet. I´m waiting for Conall´s or Carla´s request before doing so and wanted to make that clear to Morningstar as well - if they don´t request it, there will be no deal.

For the distance, I was going by the time passed since we left the club, which was over 5 minutes. So I guessed we would have made it at least half way to the parking lot (don´t remember how much time exactly it took us on the way to the club however, and how fast Vegas is abled to walk). It´s not important to me anyway.
Vegas
MK, consider the fact that Etain's at -4 for ALL actions. Pretty much useless and bordering on unconsciousness. At least from my POV that's how I'm playing it out unless someone flat out tells me otherwise. She's carrying 9S with a max of 10 before passing out. smile.gif

I'd say we don't get far, even with adrenaline pressing them forward and stragglers from the club, maybe half to a full block on Conall and Carla. Granted I don't know Krait's stats, but you are dragging along someone who can barely walk. I don't imagine we're getting far away, 5 minutes or not biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Conall's plan, in a nutshell, is to get back to the parking lot, get a cab for Carla, Krait and Etain, and follow them with his bike where ever they decide to go. Just keep in mind that Conall is pretty much covered with blood stains...
BlueRondo
Adamu

What can Carla judge about Etain's condition just from looking at her?

Perception roll: 3 Perception + 4 Intuition + 3 Active Search + 2 First Aid = 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2 = 1 hit.

(I know First Aid/Medicine can be used to diagnose a character's health, but I think that's intended for more thorough inspections rather than mere observations from a few feet away, so I rolled a perception test plus Medicine/2 as a relavent skill.)
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
MK, consider the fact that Etain's at -4 for ALL actions.

Actually, a lot more than -4, if you are still sustaining spells. Last I checked, you were sustaining Mindlink plus Armor on yourself. If that has changed, please be sure and let me know.
adamu
BlueRondo

Etain has a huge blackening bruise covering about half of her otherwise flawless face. Even with one success, you can tell by her disorientation and sluggishness that the blow may have caused a concussion.

If you are going to try to do something for her here on the street, go ahead. If you plan to wait, please let me know. I have an IC post for you guys as you move south.
BlueRondo
Nope, no actions on Etain now. Carla was just trying to gauge whether or not she needed immediate attention.
Vegas
Adamu -

Good point. Stupid spell mods that for whatever reason ALWAYS slip my mind. Still sustaining (as best as possible) both spells.

So yes right now... Etain = Zombie
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Vegas)
So yes right now... Etain = Zombie

Don´t say that too loud, we are all a bit edgy about animated bodies right nuw nyahnyah.gif
MK Ultra
Didn´t IC any reaction to the Ghouls and Morningstar´s call, as it depends on what Carla and Conall told me. I´d certainly ask for as much detailas possible -especialy number & location of shedim, number of potential victims and unpossessed bodies that might be shedim by now, any other threats they perceived- but we don´t have to IC it all.
I´ll also ask the twins about any shedim on the astral, though unless Conall summons a spirit for the job, they probably won´t spot any with the condition Etain is under, as IIRC, Assensing isn´t her bro´s strength.

Adamu, how many Ghouls do I count? (Perception 5 hits)
Also, when Morningstar calls (and possibly before), do I sense any motivation to rob us or (in the case of us using her service, as well as if we don´t) dos she sound trustworthy to me or is she even openly trying to intimidate me? (6 hits to sense intentions, though some dice might be subtracted because we are on voice only, as well as 7 hits on a social roll to resist Con).

[ Spoiler ]

BTW, not to be pushy, but IIRC you mentioned some time ago, that you where planing to do Karma on a regular basis again (don´t remember if you sayed per month or week or whatever) and asked us to remind you if we get no PM. I thought waiting untill combat is over would be a good thing to do. But here is a reminder smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012