Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
Okay - I tacked an addendum onto the end of my previous IC post, and then did a new one after Jack's post.

I need declarations and all rolls for the second round of combat. Current rolls stand until they run out, but in some cases they already have - I can always use more defensive rolls!

People that have already declared for the next round can redeclare based on events if they want - or not.

Vegas and BR are also free to post or act - but nothing that takes longer than three seconds, and anything that would affect the alley fight needs initiative and NO IC.

Players in the alley, if you wish you may IC thoughts and impressions of the action if you are so inclined, but NO actions whatsoever.
adamu
adamu's GenCon plans

I know this is totally self-centered of me, but since I hope to see and play with as many of my players as possible (I know of at least four that are going) on what will likely be my ONLY pilgrimage to GenCon Indy and since this is MY thread, I am going to throw this out -

My current plan is to register for and play in all seven different Missions events (I think there is only one scheduling combination in which that is possible).

However, unless someone can give a persuasive argument for why I would want to spend my precious GenCon time playing a character I had no part in creating and that I will never see again in a totally railroaded adventure, I do NOT plan on participating in the SR tourney.
BlueRondo
Adamu - can Carla hear the shots from the van? Also, how far away from the alley have St. Pierre and his sidekick moved so far?
Vegas
Adamu - Are there any empty seats at Vanity's table?
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 1 2008, 02:46 PM) *
Adamu - can Carla hear the shots from the van? Also, how far away from the alley have St. Pierre and his sidekick moved so far?

Not far. In "not-fighting-for-your-life-at-cybernetically-enhanced-speeds" time, they just got your signal and started heading towards you. They are near the bar's front door, about ten meters from the mouth of the alley.

Carla heard the one shot, and also received Krait's message to send back up into alley, per the IC post.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Apr 1 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Adamu - Are there any empty seats at Vanity's table?

No, all other chairs at the table are currently occupied by virtually passed out dockworker lugs.
BlueRondo
Adamu - Carla's going to send a quick message to St. Pierre telling him to go back in the alley.

Also, could you describe a bit how the van is positioned? I mean, does the van need to be backed out of a parking space or something like that, or can the van start driving down the road as soon as it needs to?
Vegas
Trying to butter up/manipulate Etain's way in with Vanity.

Don't know if you want to carry over her rolls from before, but just in case...

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
How fast is EJ retreating?

How much distance is between the back-entrance/wall and the brawling boys?

How far is it from my position to the front-door, aproximately 18 meters?

Thanks a lot and much fun at GenCon -when dos it start anyway- whish I could go there, too.
Jack Robustus
adamu, in the great tradition of min-maxing Jack will take whatever actions needed to recover his baton and start beating the hispanic, as in physical damage.

My pathetic pistol and my baton do the same dmg. anyway so why not go for the most modifiers?

I gotta figure with friends in the melee and reach I have a decent chance of batting him upside the head.
adamu
@Vegas

The use of the complementary skill was appropriate.

Could you please edit a couple of tiny things in your excellent post?
First, could you move the time-stamp up to 22:56:07?
As it is, you are at exactly the same time as the last thing that happened to you IC.
The current combat turn will end at :07, and we want to keep everyone on the same track.

Also, could you change Vanity's action to anything but actually taking a drink - she definitely won't do that. You might even see her PRETEND to take a drink, but not do so.
No worries - no way you could have known about that detail.

Also, could use a Perception test, as well as Initiative and Surprise rolls for the upcoming three seconds :08-:10, just in case - not sure if needed yet, but better to have it than not.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 2 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Adamu - Carla's going to send a quick message to St. Pierre telling him to go back in the alley.

Also, could you describe a bit how the van is positioned? I mean, does the van need to be backed out of a parking space or something like that, or can the van start driving down the road as soon as it needs to?

Looking forward to your IC post (please timestamp it 22:56:07).
Please include your message to St. Pierre.
(As well as any other - 2 simple/1 complex - actions if you want them.)

The van is on the street, facing in the direction of the bar, 50 meters away from the SE corner, 60 meters away from the door/riderless bike/gangers.

By the way, it has an Acceleration score of 5/10.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Apr 2 2008, 02:58 PM) *
How fast is EJ retreating?

ADAMU - he is carefully backing down the alley, slow enough not to lose his footing and also maintain a delayed action. So not fast. At this point he is five meters down the west alley.

How much distance is between the back-entrance/wall and the brawling boys?

ADAMU - this is changing from millisecond to millisecond. The three currently form an erratically moving knot of combat in the intersection. Note again that all the alleys are only three meters wide.

How far is it from my position to the front-door, aproximately 18 meters?

ADAMU - your calculation is precisely correct based on past posts. 8 meters back down the alley, 10 to the door.

Thanks a lot and much fun at GenCon -when dos it start anyway- whish I could go there, too.

ADAMU - I wish you could, too!

Vegas
Ok, edited the time stamp to 20:56:07 (you jumped us 2 hours ahead if you want BR and I to set time stamps to 22:56:07 FYI) and made Vanity stop before drinking... regardless of her true intentions. Hope that's what you wanted there Adamu.

And now for the rolls:

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Ok, i'm an idiot (but hey at least I CAUGHT it now before you posted anything)

I seem to magically (ha ha) forget that she's sustaining the Mindlink spell, which means -2 to all actions +1 TN for the bliss (for a little longer) Meh. Sorry Adamu!!!

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Adamu

Carla's only action in addition to sending the message is starting up the van.
adamu
@Vegas - revised rolls look perfect. We'll get to all that in the next three-second span.

@BR - per your post, van in motion - unless you gun it (not my impression from your post), it'll move forward five meters this three seconds. Let me know how fast you want it to go after that (the RAW speeds are silly, just tell me what you want to do, and we'll see how it goes).
The gangers' response to your message will be in the next IC.
Also, I need an initiative from you so I know when the gangers get your message.

EVERYONE - sorry about the delay. Waiting on declarations from MK. If I don't have them by Monday night Japan time, I will make a guess based on some earlier general intentions he stated.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Apr 3 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Ok, edited the time stamp to 20:56:07 (you jumped us 2 hours ahead if you want BR and I to set time stamps to 22:56:07 FYI) and made Vanity stop before drinking... regardless of her true intentions. Hope that's what you wanted there Adamu.

OOOPS. Glad everyone was smarter than me and ignored that unfortunate specification.
Thanks very much for pointing that out.

And the edit is fine, thanks for that too.
MK Ultra
Sorry, was too tired last night. Going to a party today, right after work, with the steadfast intention to get severly intoxicated (or at least a good stride beyond being sober), so no posts tonight, either. I´m optimistic, thought, that I can put up something tomorow. Definitly will make the japanese Monday night mark - or so I think.

If not, though, I´ll fully trust your judgement. Got to catch the bus now..
BlueRondo
Carla's Initiative Roll ( 8 ): 6, 2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6 = 4 hits + 8 = 12

Like you said, Carla's not going to gun it. How about letting the van move 25 meters in the next 3 seconds (average of about 20 mph)?
adamu
@BR - that's fine - the van will basically be halfway to the bar's front door (or anywhere closer you may later designate) by :07.
MK Ultra
Mission acomplished!

So here are some rolls...
Resistance to Intimidation: 4 hits
Judge Intentions: 3 hits
Composure: 4 hits, TH +1
Social Skill Roll: 3 hits
Initiative: 11
Perception: 2 hits
Willpower: 3, 2 & 1 hits
Reaction: 0, 2 & 1 hits
Body: 0, 2 & 1 hits
Balistic: 3, 2 & 1 hits
Impact: 1, 1 & 3 hits

[ Spoiler ]

My declared actions will be:
walk towards EJ (no action, 10m per turn), but don´t get too close to him (no more then 1,5 to 1m, better 2m) though staying as far from the brawlers as possible.
Talk to EJ (free action) with calm voice only raised so much as needed, to surpass ambient noise: "Maybe we should talk somewhere else!"
Gesture to EJ (free action) non-threatningly lifting hands and lower arms, but not upper arms slightly.
Teamspeak (free action) "Four: Hurry up! One: Van to front, ground that bike!"
Mister Juan
Hey all! I'm just back from out of town, so I'll be catching up on everything as soon as I can!
adamu
Just so it's clear - whatever you may think from MJ's mail - his actions and rolls were finalized days ago - the reason for the last few days' delay has been all me - sick, and simultaneously hammered at work.
adamu
Okay - please everyone continue to hold IC - that is not the end of the combat turn.

I took liberties with some actual turn orders, but only to make the action more readable - in no way did I change any results other than pure fluff.

MK - I ruled that after your first Free Action you Delayed, since what happened before your action made your declaration ridiculous.
So you still have all but your Free Action.
Let me know.

Jack, your baton is readied, your pistol is in your off hand, and you still have your second and third IPs at the end of the ICed action I posted. You took 2P damage from the gunshot.
Let me know what you want to do.

DV - the blood as a result of the spell was fluff - you resisted that. But you also got tagged for 2P by EJ's Predator. None of your conditionally declared Edge was needed/used.

If either DV or JR want to use Edge to try to avoid the 2P wounds, say so now and exactly how and we'll work it out.

Vegas - FYI - right at the moment you get done speaking, everyone in the bar will hear the racket - five gunshots, motorcycles, walls ripping and dumpsters crashing. I already have your initial rolls for the NEXT round - we'll get to that as soon as we hear from MK and JR.
Divine Virus
That. Was. Epic.
I love this game.
BlueRondo
I concur.

Adamu - as Carla keeps driving towards the alley, does she spot any weapons lying around the van in open sight?
Mister Juan
Hahahaha
I loved the bit with the dumpster just falling from the sky.
MK Ultra
Great scene I really liked that, too biggrin.gif

Which direction did EJ run around the corner, north or south?

Free Action: Send on Teamspeak 'One: Backup inside, NOT to start, but to finish any trouble'
Simple Action: Talk to Ork: 'Thanks!'
BlueRondo
Unfortunately, MK, I don't understand what Krait means by that message. By extension, I imagine that Carla doesn't understand the message either, but perhaps she's smarter than I am. Here's an int+logic roll. Adamu, you can tell me whether Carla requires IC explanation or not.

Int (4) + Logic (5) = 1, 5, 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 1 = 4 hits
adamu
@MK - South

@BR - with that roll, Carla easily figures out that Krait means for her to re-route the gangers away from the alley and into the bar, but not to start trouble - just back Nyx up if things go south on her.

@Everyone - two slight adjustments:

Changed one word in the previous IC post - on rereading I saw that it could easily be misread - clarified that it was Jack that got shot in the ear, not Naguel.
Also, I stated OOC above that Jack had baton in strong hand and pistol in off hand. But Jack specified in his IC that he reholstered the pistol - so that's how it is.

I am adding a post with all of Krait's actions.

Just need to see what Jack does with his remaining two actions.
Divine Virus
What really impresses me is how much violence we are capable of, all in less then ten seconds. It kinda boggles my mind.
Just ten seconds ago, I was peacefully walking out the back of the bar. Now, we have gunfire, speeding motorcycles, and magical explosions.

Adam-> In regards to the PM, thanks.

Mind if I post a little bit of flavor text IC? The rate things are happening, I don't even know if Naguel has time to think.
adamu
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Apr 10 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Mind if I post a little bit of flavor text IC? The rate things are happening, I don't even know if Naguel has time to think.

Yeah - you or anyone else can post IC as long as it in no way demonstrates any actual actions or involves the passage of any time.

Perceptions and thoughts and impressions and feelings are all welcome in the IC thread.
adamu
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Apr 10 2008, 12:27 AM) *
What really impresses me is how much violence we are capable of, all in less then ten seconds. It kinda boggles my mind.
Just ten seconds ago, I was peacefully walking out the back of the bar. Now, we have gunfire, speeding motorcycles, and magical explosions.

Yeah, that's always the challenge - to convey the impression of all that action happening in the space of just five or six seconds.

For most of us mortals, we'd just about at that point first sort of be realizing "oh shit" and maybe tearing our eyes away and moving to safety.
adamu
ARSENAL

Finally have the blessed tome.

Have not read it all yet (nor am I likely to ever), but it looks pretty good.

Until further notice, it is now legal for use in this campaign, like Augmentation and Street Magic.

All the optional rules in More Ways to Die are definitely in use.

Of course, I very much hope you will all exercise your best judgment in terms of avoiding general dorkiness - characters cruising the town inside giant wheels that "always win when playing chicken" will not garner GM favor.

Body cavity escape kits usable at player discretion.
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 8 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Vegas - FYI - right at the moment you get done speaking, everyone in the bar will hear the racket - five gunshots, motorcycles, walls ripping and dumpsters crashing. I already have your initial rolls for the NEXT round - we'll get to that as soon as we hear from MK and JR.

[ Spoiler ]

p.s. Hope you're feeling better! frown.gif Being sick sucks!
Jack Robustus
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 9 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Just need to see what Jack does with his remaining two actions.

As I mentioned in my PM Jack now attacks with his baton. I hope you got the attack rolls.
Jack Robustus
adamu, now that I have read the IC, which I probably should have done first, Jack stands down and engages Krait in conversation.
adamu
Okay, Jack's speaking to Krait takes up the last bits of that combat turn.

But don't let the flight of various combatants or a few civilized words exchanged make anyone think things are calming down for one second.

I need initiatives for EVERYONE, along with declarations and whatever rolls you'll think you need, just like before.

Hold all IC except for thoughts and impressions and perceptions - things that take no time and affect no one but yourself.

Some key and obvious points to consider as you declare your actions:

In the alley, Paddy is immediately taking off in pursuit of EJ.

On the street out front, the gangers are just about to enter the south end of the (main action) alley at a run, and Carla/van is just now approaching the alley on the east side of the bar, and still moving unless I hear otherwise.

Vegas - since Conall was already in combat, and you are mindlinked to him, I ruled that LAST turn was your FIRST turn of combat, so your initiative roll above stands, no paralysis penalty.
Vanity has turned to pay attention to you, undrunk drink still in her hand.
She appears quite drunk.

BlueRondo
Carla's initiative: 5,5,3,1,4,4,5,4,1,3 = 8 + 3 hits = 11 initiative.

Carla's going to brake in front of the entrance to the alley once she gets there. I doubt that's a very complicated driving maneuver (she's not going very fast), but here's a driving roll anyway: Drive 1 + 4 reaction = 5,2,3,3,4 = 1 hit.

For her free action, Carla sends a message to St. Pierre directing him to Humpty's Dump.
adamu
@BlueRondo - actions look fine.

Which alley? The one on the east of the bar, where Naguel made his escape headed north? Or the one to the west of the alley, where the fight happened?
adamu
Quick management note:

I now have various used and unused resist and attack rolls going back a couple of weeks.

Per my usual policy -
since the immediate violence has paused, this is a good place for my periodic "wiping the slate clean."

As circumstances change, old rolls become less applicable.

So when you make your upcoming rolls, please assume I have no "backlog of rolls."
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 11 2008, 08:26 AM) *
Vegas - since Conall was already in combat, and you are mindlinked to him, I ruled that LAST turn was your FIRST turn of combat, so your initiative roll above stands, no paralysis penalty.
Vanity has turned to pay attention to you, undrunk drink still in her hand.
She appears quite drunk.

Nifty, that makes me happy smile.gif

I'll try to get rolls and declarations up in the next couple of days.. gonna be out of town most of (my) Saturday + Sunday as an FYI and I'm absolutely tired right now and ready to go crash frown.gif
Jack Robustus
Just finished my work shift and using my computer to check things out. Dice and character sheets at home so I'll get dice rolls out this afternoon.
BlueRondo
Adamu, Carla's going to stop at the alley on the west, where she initially saw the bouncer take Krait (and where she had sent the gangers initially.)
MK Ultra
Initiative 9
Various Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

Action Declarations:
In case Jack & John are not involved in a combat situation...
[ Spoiler ]

In case, I am attacked...
[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Got Arsenal yesterday, too - now John needs even more cash biggrin.gif
Divine Virus
Man, I would love Arsenal and Augmentation, but I made a promise with myself about buying more books...
adamu
Okay - we are rapidly approaching a resolution to the next combat turn - just need to hear from the twins....
Vegas
Sorry for the delay..

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Okay - that completes a whole combat turn.

Need declarations etc. for next turn.

As usual, took liberties with fluff - but all actual results and effects per your declarations and the dice.

@MK Ultra - changed your route because the route you declared would have been straight along the line of fire. At your speed, you will get to your stated destination at about the same time anyway.

As usual, please feel free to IC thoughts and impressions, but NO ACTIONS OF ANY KIND.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012