Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
Well, I still have 12 left-over BPs, so I'm willing to forfeit any karma rewards for the first couple of weeks in the interest of fairness.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Well, I still have 12 left-over BPs, so I'm willing to forfeit any karma rewards for the first couple of weeks in the interest of fairness.

Don't do that. I don't think the Karma thing is a big deal as there are variable levels of assignments based on factors such as response time. A later wave can easily catch up, and in any case, 2 or 4 karma difference in the long run shouldn't be a big deal for anyone.

Besides, I'm doing this for fun, not for karma awards I may accumulate and never get to spend.
MK Ultra
Through with catching up and eager to get the 2nd wave started smile.gif
adamu
Blue Rondo - those BP are YOURS - you saved 'em and you'll spend 'em. Same with karma awards.
It's not a race. Geez - that's one reason why I'm going to PM the awards. It's just a reality that I can't launch twelve separate stories at the same time, and that's just the way it is.
In any case, I am estimating, with the way I HOPE I will be proceeding this week, that the final karma discrepancy between the highest-scoring 1st waver and the weakest 3rd waver will be about four lousy points.

Ankle Biter -
I am assuming your commlink is capable of continuously trying to connect with both Rachel and Trevor's commlinks simultaneously, and I already gave the results of that ongoing attempt in one of the IC posts. I will let you know if anything changes.
BlueRondo
Happy you're back, Adamu. Here's a perception roll for Carla looking into the street for any angry neighbors.

Perception Test (Intuition (4) + Perception (3) + actively searching (3)

4 6 1 3 5 1 6 1 2 1 = 3 successes

Ankle Biter
QUOTE (adamu)
Ankle Biter -
I am assuming your commlink is capable of continuously trying to connect with both Rachel and Trevor's commlinks simultaneously, and I already gave the results of that ongoing attempt in one of the IC posts. I will let you know if anything changes.

frown.gif Can't find mention of whether the commcall connected or not... I'm assuming no, but am I getting engaged, dead line, number out of service?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu)

Electra
Saturday 5/10/70  13:17:00

... Widening her view of the railing and the ground immediately around her, she saw amid the dust and debris generous swathes of crimson...the same color as the indicator lights next to the commcodes of both Rachel Frost and Trevor Brown.
Abbandon
Hmmm what are my options with Warren and the chopper? hehe. Will Warren be able to tell who is the client once they touch down through a scanner or something?

If warren stayed behind would he be safe if that buildings security force got ahold of him?

#1. Does the chopper have any defense weapon system like firing smoke rockets or something? We could fire smoke rockets at the ground between the sec force and the runners and then land outside the gate and warren could help the other troll try and retrieve the other runner with the cover of smoke.

#2. Do we have any ballistic shields handy on the chopper?

#3. If none of the above is possable then i will most likely tell Ray to land to the side of the gate behind the wall so we can have it as cover while we try and recover the people.

#4. Can warren tell if it would be worth it to try and fire at any of the sec forces or would he know its not worth it and he could focus on pulling people to safety? If there are snipers on the roof he would focus on pulling people to safety.

Perception test for #4 which happens as they are flying in to hover in front of the gate. (4+4 = 8 dice) 1,3,1,1,4,1,3,1 glitched! great.
adamu
Blue Rondo
My last IC post should answer your question. No mean neighbors in sight, but you doubt there will be any - the people in your affluent neighborhood are more likely to close ranks with your respected parents than jump to the conclusions the tabloid press is leaping to.

Dire Radiant
That's the post. Thanks for saving me time. Appreciate it.

Abbandon
Some of what you are asking is intended to be figured out by you from the post. In that category are what Ray will and will not do with the chopper upon your orders. Also, for firing on the sec forces, I think you have plenty of information to make that decision from info in the post. Also what might happen if Warren gets caught by the people in the compound - lots of clues there.

As for what is NOT in the post - lots of good questions.
As for what Ray CAN do with the chopper, assume he's a really good pilot.
The chopper's only armaments are the door gun, which is your personal LMG. The chopper does have a smoke generator, but it can't project smoke, just put it around the chopper itself. It also has missile countermeasures.

Without the transmitters, the only way to tell someone is a client is from the actual plastic bracelet they wear. It would be pretty hard to spot without close examination or a perception test.

Yes, there are two ballistic shields in the chopper - one human and one troll sized.

You see absolutely no enemy forces at all, and the glass building still seems totally featureless even on closer examination.
On the other hand, you think maybe you see some grass being crushed down out in the middle of the inner grounds - maybe an invisible person?

Again, much of what you are asking is pretty clear from a careful read of all the facts stated in my post.
Abbandon
Im new to this so i dont really know what to do. I will get better though.

I think before i post IC i have to say the things i want to do here so we can see there outcome first before i write about it ??

Im gonna try to drag the collapsed guy towards our chopper and out of the line of sight of the sec forces. Im gonna try to get that other healthy guy that wasnt the troll to help but here is a strength test: body+strength

(6+8 = 14 dice) 1,3,4,6,1,3,3,6,1,2,3,2,5,2 3 hits

After that im gonna try to reach the woman that was gunned down by racing out to her with full defense and that ballistic shield. I dont know how many rolls i should take for being shot at but here will be the first couple. Reaction+Gymnastics

(5+5= 10 dice) 5,5,3,1,3,5,1,6,1,4 4 hits

(5+5= 10 dice) 1,5,6,3,5,6,4,6,1,3 5 hits

(5+5= 10 dice) 1,1,1,4,1,2,1,2,1,5 glitch

This will be the strength test to drag the chick: body+strength

(6+8= 14 dice) 1,1,6,2,1,3,5,1,3,5,6,5,5,6 7 hits
pragma
Memory Test for getting a good handle on the situation in the stuffer shack:

[ Spoiler ]

Perception test based on what I remember, trying to recall if anything was out of place.

[ Spoiler ]

He'll look up The Cask of Amon Tillado after he gets out of the shower if he doesn't know it off the top of his head.
adamu
Carla
You know that Lone Star is the police provider for your neighborhood, and your family's home has a private contract with Knight Errant, both of which tend to work hard to outdo each other in this neighborhood in attempts to get contracts from the well to do residents.
Mr. Fitzgerald is a close family friend and your parents' lawyer for as long as you can remember.

pragma

Neither of your tests turn up any details that aren't in the posts, which you are free to reread for yourself. Have Gregory look up The Cask of Amontillado IC, and I will let you look it up OOC yourself - easy to find full text and commentary on the Internet - and you can draw your own conclusions for Gregory as to why the scene maybe stuck in his head.

Abbandon

First off, before resolving your most recent post you have to get on the ground. I will assume you did what you said you would probably do in the post before that, so I have gone ahead and posted IC for the five seconds or so that that takes.

To recap clearly - troll and woman down just a few meters INSIDE the gate.
Human male down OUTSIDE the gate, on the 'safe' side of the chopper. You, Nick, Danni, and one human male are all there also. The human is obviously about to run to try and help his friends INSIDE the gate.
You have the big ballistic shield. I don't know whether you brought the LMG - either way is fine, but please specify.

Now, since you posted rolls, I will go ahead and tell you the results, and you can continue the IC post from there -

You don't need to drag the collapsed guy to safety because Ray got the chopper in a good position, and Nick and Danni are all over that guy anyway.

You won't get the one other guy's help, because you can't hear each other over the chopper and he is hell-bent-for leather on going to his friends.

You can post that much IC if you want at this point, or wait until we get a bit further along.

The situation changed a lot between when you said you run into the compound and the time it took you to actually get on the ground, so I won't hold you to your running/gymnastics rolls (although as a general rule, making rolls commits you to an action unless circumstances change in a way your character would be able to react to).

If you do still run in, keep the rolls, although I will be adjusting them as follows -
you will not get benefit of the shield while doing gymnastics, but it will help you while lugging bodies, at which point you will be unable to do gymnastics.
You do not need strength tests for humans, only for the troll.
It only takes one WALK move to get to the people inside the gate, and another to go out. But you can specify running anyway if you want - it makes you harder to hit, but everything also gets harder for you to do.

If you choose now not to run in, scratch the rolls you made and start fresh.

Please note that I am happy you went ahead with all those rolls. It is just that you sort of jumped ahead in time, skipping having the chopper land.

Ankle Biter

The read lights mean you are not connecting with anything that can give you any information at all. Not connecting to an answering service or an operator message about the status of the commcode you are calling. This would be applicable in a few possible situations - Hidden Mode would be one of the most common (although even in Hidden Mode you are probably on both Rachel and Trevor's 'lists'). Also if there was somehow no wifi service interconnecting you to them. Or if their commlink was simply turned off, or destroyed.

Everyone

The second wave is ready to go. I plan to put it up with initial posts before I do anything else on this board. That means within next 36 hours from now - I really want to stay a full week ahead of the schedule I posted initially, and that will do it.
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
...SNIP...

Everyone

The second wave is ready to go.  I plan to put it up with initial posts before I do anything else on this board.  That means within next 36 hours from now - I really want to stay a full week ahead of the schedule I posted initially, and that will do it.

Woohoo, can't wait for the fun to start.

If what we have seen so far is any indication this is going to be a lot of fun in a really messed up way. rotfl.gif biggrin.gif

JDragon
adamu
Vegas and Mister Juan -
hopefully you won't even log on before I am back from the movies. If you do, my apologies. Your post will be up in about four hours.
adamu
JDragon
Here is how this will work - ten round title match.

Although a SR combat turn is 3 seconds, boxing is a slow-ass sport, plus we will be all year playing 600 combat turns.

So each round will be two combat turns.

* Your combat paralysis will last both combat turns of the first round.

* You can take your pain killers any time. They will act as five additional boxes of pain resistance as soon as you take them.

* Each round will run as follows -

---You will roll to see if you resist taking the pain meds (or you can just take them).
---You will roll initiative, state your intentions to me in game terms plus any details you want to add, and make the rolls.
---I will let you know the results and YOU will write the first IC post.
---(Second combat turn of each round) - you will roll a stamina test - details to follow.
---You will roll initiative, state intentions, make rolls.
---I will adjudicate and I will write the IC post.

---to your corners - you will write these IC posts unless I state otherwise.

---Lather, rinse, and repeat.

good luck
Ankle Biter
I am so dumb, I can't believe I missed that. New post coming.
adamu
No worries.

Everyone - I know that in a lot of threads this waits until the characters actually meet each other, but that is not going to happen for a good while here, so --- could we have physical descriptions please. I know what most of you look like, and you know, but the other players are forming their own mental images which will create all sorts of conflict in their imagination and everyone's mutual perception when the actual descriptions finally do get posted.

For now this is for 1st and 2nd wavers, but 3rd wavers please follow suit once you get off the ground.
Please try to make your descriptions as detailed and evocative as possible.
You can either weave the descriptions into your IC posts or simply use bullet points OOC, doesn't matter.

To make this more interesting - 2 bonus karma for what I think is the best description, and 2 bonus points for the one voted on by us all as the best. Obviously to be selected after everyone has had a chance to post them. And I don't mind saying I will look especially favorably upon those that post links to graphics, although I will frown upon those that use that as a crutch and don't also write something.
BlueRondo
I gave a physical description of Carla is my last post. However, I'm not good at describing facial features, so this is an image I found and slightly edited to show what she looks like:

http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frida38oz.jpg
Abbandon
Thats because it was gonna be a part of my next post and i couldnt make it until i knew the outcome of my actions.

I was trying to save on posts. I was gonna land the chopped, start trying to recieve the people and then your next post for me would be talking about how i got riddled with bullets or making the call of who stays or who goes.

Instead of
me: land (1 post)
you: ok (2 post)
me: grab first guy (3 post)
you: ok (4 post)

I will go read the IC thread and see what happened and try to go from there just so i dont hold things up further, but in the future dont assume im skipping anything. I didnt think there would be any rolls involved for landing so it didnt merit talking about.

a few meters inside the gate would have to be 8+ for a troll not to be able to reach them and get back.
JDragon
ROCKY - Rolls and Plans...

The timimg you are suggesting for the fight is fine.

I'm going to try and not have to take the pills, so here is an Addiction Test - Physical
Will (2) + Body (8) - 4 dice due to addiction = 6 dice
1, 3, 6, 1, 2, 4 = 1 Hit
OR
Addiction Test - Mental
Will (2) + Logic (4) - 4 dice due to addiction = 2 dice
1, 4 = 0 Hits / Critical Glitch

I did both this time since I'm not sure which way the pain meds addiction will go, I'm thinking its physical, but I'm good with your call. Just let me know which I will be using so I can note it for the future.

Initiative:
Reaction (6) + Intuition (3) /2 (Comabt Paralysis) = 4 or 5 dice depending on how you round.
5, 3, 2, 5, 5 = 2 or 3 hits so Init of 11 or 12 (the last hit was the round up)

My intentions are to try and not take the pills if possible, for the first round of the fight I will use 2 Init Passes to actively dodge/block my opponets attacks. I will use the last Init Pass to make an attack, assuming I haven't used it to take the pills.
Rolls:
Defense Action 1: (Full Dodge-melee) Reaction (6) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) = 14 dice
6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 1, 5, 1, 6, 3 = 4 hits

Defense Action 2: (Full Dodge-melee) Reaction (6) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) = 14 dice
6, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2 = 3 hits

Attack: (Unarmed Boxing) Agility (4) + Unarmed (Boxing SP) 10 = 14 dice
2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5, 6, 1, 1, 3 = 2 hits

Much like the Rocky movies I'll get to close and let him pound me while I take wild inefectual swings. (as my rolls show)

JDragon

Abbandon
planned actions:

-try to grab the last standing guy spin him around and deck his ass to knock him out.

Agility 4 + Unarmed 5 + striking 2 = 11 dice

2,3,2,3,4,6,2,4,6,5,6 = 4 hits. 4S +4 hits

-After that i will run for the woman on normal defense to gain the benefit of the shield the whole way there. Reaction 5.

3,6,6,2,6 3 hits
1,1,2,3,1 critical glitch
5,4,5,4,5 3 hits
4,2,6,2,1 1 hit
4,6,1,6,6 3 hits

-next turn, leaving with the woman. Running if possable. Reaction 5.

5,5,1,2,6 3 hits
4,4,1,6,6 2 hits
2,5,6,1,2 2 hits
4,3,5,2,5 2 hits
3,3,3,2,5 1 hit

-now we should possably have 3/4 of the runners. If we have the 2 clients, then we will cut and run. I imagine doc wagon doesnt find it profitable to rescue people first and expect payment after.

waiting....
pragma
Memory test to see what story the cleaning ladies were talking about (any notable feaatures recalled will be cross referenced with the matrix).

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Out of curiosity, why do you spell "amontillado" as two words?
adamu
JDragon
*We'll go with physical addiction for your painkillers.
*If and when you choose to/are required to take the painkillers, it won't require you to use an action (these combat turns we are doing are 1.5 minutes long!)
*Round down for combat paralysis (it's a flaw, after all)
*Since you are both trolls, I am just cancelling out the reach bonus for simplicity sake.
*Toshio won initiative. On his first pass he came in with everything he had, and rolled net successes despite your full dodge. That's gonna mean a heavy hit. Feel free to spend edge on your dodge to re-roll the ten failures, or else roll your body/armor to resist damage before I move on to his second pass.

adamu
Abbandon

Looks like we got our wires a little crossed. No worries. It's a tough medium for developing mutual clarity of a combat situation. I am sure with time we will learn to read each other's signals better.

* You didn't say whether you took the LMG. I will assume since you are A) not using it, B) carrying a shield and trying to carry a person, and C) meleeing one guy, that you did not take it.
* You successfully knock the human male out before he can run back to the compound.
* You only get shot at once on the way to the woman, who is no longer trying to crawl out, but towards the troll. They are both already shot twice, as noted before.
You forgot your +2 dice for being a running target. I rolled for you and got 5 and 6. As a result, the bullet misses you.
* You pick up the woman and manage a quick jog back, feeling something nudge you on the way. You get back to the other side of the chopper to find that the sniper put one in her head rather than let her get away.
* Nick and Danni have loaded the first guy, the one that went down from blood loss, into the chopper. They have also confirmed that the guy you knocked out is a client and are arguing about whether he counts as 'wounded.'
* Unconscious guy in chopper. Unconscious guy you hit on ground. Dead girl on your shoulder. Hideously wounded troll in compound spraying the glass building with automatic fire to no effect.

Post away.
adamu
pragma
Love to help you dude, but no hits is no hits. Either they didn't mention any identifying details in your earshot, or you just can't remember.
Mister Juan
adamu
I just wanted to mention that, for some reason, I really love that last post of yours in the first wave, with the dinosaurs. biggrin.gif
JDragon
Adamu,

Ok I'll make sure and do the physical in the future.

So did the 1 hit pass, or am I taking the pain killers this round?

I'll round down in the future on the Init. smile.gif

I'll use 1 of my 2 edge points to re-roll the 10 misses on the dodge.

Re-roll
1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 5, 6, 3

BTW - I'm guessing the only thing I will get for armor is the +1 Natural for troll's, its not like we have full body armor on or anything.

JDragon
pragma
@adamu

Not a problem. It wasn't in the cards ... or dice ... whatever.

One last shot at seeing if this is paranoia or a problem in the form of a UCAS Special Operations Knowledge Skill roll -- specifically curious whether or not literary references are common callsigns and if the behavior of the people talking about them matches a field team.

[ Spoiler ]

@BlueRondo

I actually hadn't noticed that Amontiallado was one word, I think somewhere in my education I got the victims name and the cask of wine mixed up and have ever since written it as Amon of the house Tillado. Thanks for the correction.
Abbandon
I wish i was up around the same time as you Adamu so we could do some speed posting hehe but it seems like we post at opposite times. Which kinda sucks but is also kinda good. Its good for me cuz i dont have to obsess over checking threads hehe. Its probably good for you because it would probably really suck if you had alot of active posters

Character descirption....wont some people's description change after their big event ??

Pre event:
Warren's body is ripped. He looks like a steroid junky except he doesnt use steroids. Most trolls are gigantic and stuff and take up alot of room well Warren is even more so. Treat him like a morbidly obese person. He would easily take up two chairs on a plain or in a movie theatre. Hmm the book doesnt talk about skin pigmentations of orcs and trolls. If green pigment is natural then my guy has dark green pigment. Since Warren is a full contact fighter he has his horns chopped off and grinded down most of the time. He would wear shiny metal caps over the stubs when he is not fighting. His horn placements are on the sides of his head and curve down and in towards his face like a bull when they are allowed to grow out. He shaves his head otherwise his hair is very thick and coarse and is arranged into dreads. He has a very wide flat nose and big lips and his lower canines are clearly visable. No facial hair except for his big bushy eyebrows. He likes to dress in very loose baggy clothes that allow him full flexability and doesnt mind dressing up in suits if he is going out on the town. Cargo pants and jersey/t shirts are the norm with heavy boots. He has no cyber or tatoo's at this point. he uses glasses, earbuds, and gloves to interact with his comm and AR.

post event:
The only thing that changes post event will be his eyes and ears. His ears will normal looking but be slightly off as they are cybered now. And his eyeballs will be very obvious. Think of the terminator movies when he gets his face tore off and you can see the machines eyeballs only instead of a red light there will be a neon green light.

Image references to google.
Pitt comics (for body image)
Death's Head 2 comics (for horn image)
Terminator face (for eyeballs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you said we just rolled our base numbers and you would apply any modifiers by adding your own dice or taking away from ours? I will try to include modifiers from now on.
BlueRondo
I wish i was up around the same time as you Adamu so we could do some speed posting hehe but it seems like we post at opposite times.

Speaking of posting times, perhaps we should all mention what time-zones we are posting from.

I'm in Connecticut, USA at GMT -5.
Abbandon
usa central time gm -6. (the forum looks like it uses mountain time gm -7)

I post from 6-10pm when i wake up or 5-6am when i goto bed.
JDragon
Jdragon / Angus- Rocky

US Pacific / GMT -8 (I think)

I check / post mornings (10am - 11am) / Luch at work (Approx 4pm - 5pm) / Evenings (10pm -1am)

I Have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so those days will vary, probably more time online.

JDragon
adamu
MK Ultra

Don't have another IC post for you right now. What I want to do is give you a clear idea of how you will likely be spending your time over the next months of game time. You may have noticed that your start date is a lot earlier than the others. That is because you will have many extended tests to make with the intervals measured in weeks.

NeoNET knows it was lucky to come out of the Crash as well as it did. A communications giant that was positioned to reap the benefits of a telecom revolution. But they are determined to diversify. They recognize that there will always be a need for commoditized basis materials. They have watched a pattern over the decades in which minerals whose usefullness had long been thought dead had new applications discovered. In 2070, carbons, copper, mercury and other resources that the environmentalists have tried to stamp out remain eminently profitable for the right developer.

But scale merits remain essential and competition is still destructive. And NeoNET does nothing by half measures. Their grand scheme is to form a monopoly on all the mining operations in the Appalachian Mountains. They have contracted you to clear the regulatory hurdles.

They want a green light on everything by September 1st. By green light, they not only mean legal approval for the acquisitions, but also extraterritoriality for all the company's holdings, and any other licenses or exceptions they need to basically totally ignore all environmental and labor regulations. Everyday you finish before that gets you a bonus of Y1 million. But every day after that deadline you forfeit Y1 million, from an escrow account set aside for that purpose. All of your assets have been leveraged to cover the requirements for that account. You have all you need for your usual operations, but you have absolutely no leeway financially.

The following tasks must be completed. All times and target numbers factor in that you have all sorts of staff and informational resources at your disposal, so no modifiers for any of that. You are the legal star - while your legions of paralegals and junior partners will do all the grunt work, you must devise or at least approve all the solutions yourself.

Each of the following tasks has a two-part completion. You must accumulate the necessary successes on a Logic + Law (loop holes) test. Then, you must IMPLEMENT the solution. I will give you details on the actual implementation once you solve each problem.

Intervals are all one week. The number following each problem is the number of successes you will need.

UCAS anti-trust law 10
CAS anti-trust law 10
Reconciling the discrepancies between the two, as well as trade regulations that further complicate things 20

Countering legal moves by rivals, notably United Steel in the UCAS and Saeder-Krupp on the Corporate Court 20

Overcoming legal obstacles to separating their entire workforce from IMU (International Miners United), which is a global trade union, and creating in its place its own enterprise union. 15

Getting approval somehow from UCAS and CAS legislators who are under pressure from NAN interests to block the move 15

Blocking moves by Arthur Vogel's Sierra Inc to get injunctions based on a plethora of environmental problems - erosion from strip mining, mercury seepage into water tables, etc. 20

Beating existing lawsuits pending against the project's M&A targets, especially a media-heavy series of claims regarding horrible birth defects of poor Appalachian children. 20

Note that more problems may well arise as you proceed. Also feel free to pitch me on ways to give yourself an edge on all this die rolling - it is not meant to be a purely mechanical operation - if you make good arguments you could get bonuses in game terms.

VERY IMPORTANT - we WILL be continuing IC posts throughout all this. I just don't have any 'stimulus' post for you at this time.

adamu
JDragon
You only need one success each time you make an addiction test. So taking the drugs is up to you (until next test!).

Your reroll gave you enough successes to totally dodge his blows.

On his next pass he get just as many net successes as on the first pass. Again, you can re-roll your 11 misses or go to the damage resist. And yes, all the armor you've got is from your trollness.
adamu
pragma

Based on all your CIA knowledge - you saw nothing 'tradecraft' in either the ork cleaning ladies or the yuppie joggers. Just seemed to your trained eye as though they really just were regular folks who happen to be chatting about literature.
BlueRondo
regular folks who happen to be chatting about literature.

Another aspect of Shadowrun's fantasy component, I suppose.
adamu
Abbandon

Yeah, I reckon you are right that everyone's appearance may change to one degree or another. Whaddaya gonna do? Just keep posting the changes, I reckon.
I must say I have been delighted with the quick and excellent response to the call for physical descriptions.

I sympathize with you desire for timely posting. You all can see from my profile where I am.
In any case, my schedule is highly irregular. Right now I have committed myself to using ALL my truly free time to this experiment, as I really want to do it justice. But with work, church, family and so on, that means taking time and computer access where I can get it.
Also, even if we are online at the same time, I really am unlikely to be able to respond to everything on my plate everytime I sit down. So I am trying to prioritize responding to posts that have been waiting the longest.

That said, any time I am caught up I will be happy to respond to other online people as quickly as possible.

As for your character's most recent actions -
Chopper clears the scene no problem. The bad guys hold the missile lock for a long time, but eventually you are clear without them ever launching. I will make an in-flight IC post soon.
adamu
Blue Rondo/pragma
No, it is intended to seem a bit weird.
Mister Juan
Adamu
Quick question: is Conall more "physically imposing" than Patrick O'Donnell?
Just curious, since Conall is the kind who'd try to intimidate him wink.gif
adamu
Mister Juan - Yes
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
Mister Juan - Yes

Excellent biggrin.gif
I know one pixie who's going to roughed up nyahnyah.gif
pragma
Cambridge Massachusetts, EST (GMT -5). I'll be posting after work and before bed, which ranges from 6:30 PM to 3 AM.
Mister Juan
Montréal, Québec... so that's Eastern time, (GMT -5).
Posting really depends on the day's workload... both is usually check the boards a few times between 1pm and 2am
Vegas
Posting schedule: Whenever I can plant myself in front of the computer, or have a few fits of sleeplessness. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Adamu
In case it is needed.
Depending on how much more imposing Conall is, he gets a bonus between +1 and +3.

Physical Intimidation (3) + Charisma (3) = 6 dices
Rolls: [5] 4 2 [6] [5] [6]
Hits: 4
pragma
Perception test to see if there is anything unusual about the stranger, keeping a special eye out for anything related to "tradecraft."

[ Spoiler ]

Assensing test

[ Spoiler ]

Keeping an eye out for emotional state, signature recognition and bio/cyber. I'd also like to use my luck with that roll to help spot any falsehoods he drops.
JDragon
Adamu,

Ok I'm going to take the hit and see how I handle it. I may need that Edge point later.

Armor (1 Natural) + Body (8) = 9 Dice
3, 6, 3, 2, 4, 6, 3, 2, 3 = 2 hits

This is going to hurt.

JDragon
Abbandon
Besides spelling and grammar can i get whoever to critique my IC posts.

My writing skills are extremely lame to non existant but i wanna atleast try so i can play shadowrun.

I kinda write my thoughts as soon as i get them which means they tend to be disjointed and brief. Im finding myself looking at stuff i have written and thinking about starting all over or ways i could have done it better but am to lazy or brain fried to do it.

I have problems trying to go from 3rd person and talking about Warren to 1st person and saying what he is thinking.

Are my posts ok for a beginner or do i truly suck at this? lol.
DireRadiant
Abbandon, they are better then mine if that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012