Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
BlueRondo

It all really depends on what lifestyle the person is at. The nuns are definitely at Low. She has a compacter in the kitchen, but also wastebaskets in the bedroom and bathroom. The one in the bedroom is empty. The only thing in the bathroom's is some wadded up tissues that have sort of hardened into balls - but no color - looks like they were used to blow her nose.
Both wastebaskets have plastic-bag liners, leaving the actual plastic baskets themselves spotless.
adamu
Vegas

Okay, then, to speed things up I will tell you basically how they will treat you.

ALL are very nice, and probably don't think they are treating you any differently than normal, except that they are trying so hard to take good care of you.

Your two girlfriends are just so understanding and sympathetic and not one bit blaming or suggesting you have anything to be ashamed of. At the same time, while they come and visit you often, there is just no mention at all of social happenings on the outside, and certainly no suggestion that you might ever accompany them to any social gathering. You figure they are trying to "protect" you from those social realities.

Your magic teacher is pretty cool. Will teach you any spells you want to learn.

Voice coach also very nice. But there is no more talk of grand concert events in the Tir. Instead, lots of hints about the great opportunities for someone of your beauty and talent in other countries, where attitudes are not as repressive and stifling as in the Tir, though it never is meant to come across as having any connection to your recent tragedy.

Phillipe's loyalty is the most unwavering, with no real change in attitude.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

I´m planing two other IC posts before hitting seattle. Hopefully I´ll get up one at the weekend and another one next week. The rest will be covered OOC - hopefully also done by next week.

Whish I had more time frown.gif

I would have been faster, but I wanted to type down some contact descriptions I had in my head for some time, before the npcs are gone - or at least not an issue for some time. I´ll post them on the wiki soon.
adamu
MK Ultra

Wow, looks like your IC fluff is really heating up! Great - I look forward to reading it!

Take as much time as you need. But also remember that poor BlueRondo has started the second team's run...solo. The sooner you get set up and "looking for employment" in Seattle, the sooner Carla will have some help.
adamu
BlueRondo

Awww - I tried to include all the major, easily seen objects in the place, but forgot a chest of drawers. Of course there is one in the bedroom.

The top drawer holds panties - all white cotton briefs, size S. All very clean, but fairly old. Also white skirt slips. Way in the back you find the one piece of jewelry you have seen in the whole place (though you never saw Esmeralda wear it) - a bracelet of cheap plastic red beads.

The second drawer holds white socks, and also a well-read book - The Passion of Saint Catherine of Siena.

The third drawer holds well-worn bras. All white and no-nonsense. Some might miss it, but as a woman you notice that all the bras in easy reach at the front of the drawer are 32-A. But farther back are 34-Bs and 34-Cs. Also a few white sports bras. Also a few white camisoles.
BlueRondo
Adamu

Is there some sort of window or opening that Carla could use to get some fresh air in the apartment (besides the door)? She wants to vent out the pine scent.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally getting to play with some other runners. Should be fun.
adamu
BlueRondo

As noted, there is a large window in the front room - heavily curtained. I didn't have Carla open it in the IC post when it was so dark, because of course anything you do with the curtains or window might be visible from outside, and I didn't want to make that choice for you.

But the window is only secured by a simple latch, so it is easy enough to open. Let me know if you open it, and whether you also open the heavy curtains.
adamu
BlueRondo

No real notes or highlights, but you can pick up a lot just skimming through the chapter headings. And you notice that the pages are much more dog-eared and worn in the chapters on St. Catherine's early life. That's all I am going to say here. If you want to know more about her, since you have the whole book in your hand, and you have a bit of Catholic theology knowledge, and Carla has a not-bad data search skill, I think we can equivalate that with a Real Life Internet search. St. Catherine of Siena was a real person and there is a lot of easy-to-find stuff about her online.
So if Carla wants to study about her, looks like BlueRondo will have to as well - that way you can decide for yourself what is irrelevant and what, if anything, is important.
adamu
BlueRondo

The Bible is a tough one. It really is about half highlighted (various colors, lots of notations) and half not. And considering it is about 2,000 pages of 16th century English (King James Version), deciphering her notes might take a Biblical scholar days or weeks, depending on how they went about it.

You do notice that something has been handwritten on the inside front cover -

Oh supreme and ineffable Godhead,
I have sinned and am not worthy to pray to you,
but you can make me worthy.
---St. Catherine of Siena
BlueRondo
Adamu

There are bars over the outside of the window, right?
adamu
yes
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu)
MK Ultra

Wow, looks like your IC fluff is really heating up! Great - I look forward to reading it!

Take as much time as you need. But also remember that poor BlueRondo has started the second team's run...solo. The sooner you get set up and "looking for employment" in Seattle, the sooner Carla will have some help.

I know.
BlueRondo if you want to increase the pace, I´d be handling everything till I´m in Seattle and out for work OOC, first and only make the planned IC posts later as flashbacks or something.
If I don´t get the 2nd IC post cooked up till next week, I´ll do as above anyway.

*dramatic announcer*: "Can Manolo stop the ritual in time? Will John reach the savety of the chapter house? Will he manage to die before he is killed? If you want to know all this and more, stay tuned on 'Hitting Bottom 2nd Wave'!"
[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
I'm fine with that - just don't rush yourself.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Wow, I honestly didn't think that was going to work.

I'm not sure which actions in particular you'll want rolls for, so here are a handful of computer/data search rolls:

Logic 5 + Computer 1 = 6 dice
3 5 2 1 6 3 = 2
3 5 5 4 2 6 = 3
6 2 2 6 6 1 = 3
3 1 1 5 6 6 = 3
1 5 4 2 1 4 = 1
3 4 1 2 1 3 = 0

Logic 5 + Data Search 2 = 7 Dice

6 2 2 6 1 1 5 = 3
2 2 2 3 1 3 6 = 1
1 6 6 4 5 6 6 = 5
4 1 6 2 2 2 1 = 1
1 3 2 1 4 6 5 = 2
4 1 1 6 3 2 4 = 1
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Jan 12 2007, 08:52 PM)

Wow, I honestly didn't think that was going to work.

Well, I honestly didn't think there was any way you'd get into that terminal before MK Ultra's more computer-savvy character got there to help you out, but it just reminds me of one of my GM maxims - Never underestimate the players.

Anyway, about what you find on the computer -
First, as I mentioned before, I see breaking into home computers as a bit of a crap shoot since more and more people are keeping more and more files on their commlinks. And it is totally an individual thing what and how much they also keep at home, or keep at home instead.
Thus, everyone in 2070 knows that home terminals paint a somewhat more incomplete picture of a person than their commlink usually does.

Second, as you know, I am the most computer-ignorant person in the world. So if I leave something out that would just HAVE to be there, please bear with me.

Anyway, the first thing you find is the 2070 equivalent of a "desktop".
Most everything here is in icons, not words - just like today only more so.

You find icons for
A common, cheap Browse program.
A common, cheap Edit program.
An address book.
A piece of software that seems to be an aid in studying the Bible and other Catholic theological sources.
A piece of software you are familiar with that helps students of health care professions study.

That's it - it's even less than most people have at home.

You said you wanted to check out the address book. Pretty slim pickin's there too.

Entries alphabetically; second line is my shorthand for what you get if you "click" on them -

Ana
This file has its own encryption which neither of your password guesses works on.

Cardoza
As in Padre. Commcode.

Chiaki
Commcode.

Mia
This file also has its own encryption.

Ophelia
As in Sister. One of the other nuns assigned to this parish. Commcode.

Ortiz
As in Father. Commcode.

Patricia
Chaotic Serenity. Commcode.

Traininvain
Commcode.

Zephyr
Commcode.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Is there some sort of history log?
adamu
BlueRondo

Yes, you can pull a call history up, and even messages. But they are few and far between.
In the past week, Padre Cardoza has called and left several messages, all just looking for Esmeralda, asking where she is and if she's okay. The first of these messages states that he tried her "regular" number (her commlink, you assume) several times, but it was always turned off or for whatever other reason he couldn't get a connection. So he had this number on the apartment records (the Church owns the building) and tried it.
Going back about six months there are a number of history entries that are simply marked "commlink access". This means that a call, either incoming or outgoing, was made to or from a commlink, and the home terminal was simply accessed as a display device. In other words, like I said, you get a much better face-to-face feed off the home terminal, so people like to use it, but it seems that like a lot of people Esmeralda preferred to receive and make calls on her commlink and then just route them through the home terminal as a mere piece of audio-visual hardware. As such, you see no readily available info on the home terminal about the nature or content of the calls.

And that's it for the call history. Both point to her using her commlink for all her phone calls.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Some other things Carla looks for:

-She looks for history logs in the browse/edit programs.
-She looks for any sorts of documents or data stored on the unit aside from the address book.
-The rulebook talks about how all the appliances, lights, air-conditioning, etc. in the house are usually linked to a central hub. Does the unit have any sort of "house maintenance" data or programs, or does that information appear to be stored elsewhere (probably her commlink)?
---If there is information on the house systems, could Carla find a history log of what times the front door was opened?
Konsaki
Has Electra gone the way of the hacker? I havent seen nor heard anything about her in a long while...
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Sorry didn´t finish the IC yesterday, but I´m confident to get it up tonight.

In the mean time, I have a few questions and suggestions for Cracking Software Copy Protection, that I´d need to know about when John is out of Boston.

1) You said the Threshold is 14+Rating (+5 for Agents). I´d suggest a distinction between common use and hacking programs, though. I.e make it as above for hacking utilities, but 9+Rating for common use. 10 for civilian unrated software and 15 for restricted unrated software (i´d count data and map softs as unrated, too, since they are so cheap).
2) What would be the Threshold for cracking Skill Softs? I´d suggest a base of 10 for lingua & know softs, 16 for active softs (max rating is 4, so the top would be 20).
3) What do I get out of cracking a program? Do I have 1 aditional usable copy (would be more ballanced IMHO) or can I make as many copies as I need? Both could be explained with fluff epually easily.

That´s it for now, but it´s 0900 in the morning and I might have forgotten half of my questions smile.gif
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Carla, First Wave

Some other things Carla looks for:

-She looks for history logs in the browse/edit programs.

ADAMU - Easy to do with a basic knowledge of computers, which you have.
The edit log mostly shows that she spends a lot of time updating the collage that wallpapers her opening screen - mostly from upscale fashion magazines, and swimwear and lingerie catalogs. Mostly human, but occasional elves. Kate Moss/Gemma Adams types.
The browse history is very very long - just imagine your own PC's history of every Google search you ever made.
You find that it is about 70% food sites - online menus of various restaurants - generally very expensive ones - or cooking sites with lots of lavish illustrations and nutritional data on different sorts of cuisine. Just skimming through you get totally hungry.
About 10% is religious searches.
About 10% is image searches on current top models, or maybe some female athletes - those sports would center on hardcore endurance stuff like triathlon.
Remaining 10% is a real mishmash, just miscellaneous. If you want to sort through it (it is spread through all the other stuff) you can use a Data Search to identify any patterns - as I have been doing for all this stuff, I used one of the rolls you already gave me. You find that almost half of the miscellany relates to eating disorder sites, but they are fairly "dark" sites - by which I mean that some sites try to be discreet by limiting what info is available on a casual glance, e.g. they don't have site maps out an easily available. Getting into the exact content will take a greater investment of time.

-She looks for any sorts of documents or data stored on the unit aside from the address book.

ADAMU - Nothing like that - probably more stuff on commlink.

-The rulebook talks about how all the appliances, lights, air-conditioning, etc. in the house are usually linked to a central hub. Does the unit have any sort of "house maintenance" data or programs, or does that information appear to be stored elsewhere (probably her commlink)?

ADAMU - Yes, this terminal functions as the "house hub".

---If there is information on the house systems, could Carla find a history log of what times the front door was opened?

ADAMU - Lists last time door was opened from outside as when you came in, and the second to the last time it was opened from outside as the evening right after the last time you saw her, which was the evening right before the day you saw Black Cat.
The last time it was opened from the inside was about 90 minutes later that same evening.

By the way - in your IC post you say you "copy" some stuff down. I assume you mean you transfer it to your commlink? Or were you thinking of something else?

See in-line response.
adamu
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Has Electra gone the way of the hacker? I havent seen nor heard anything about her in a long while...

Working on establishing that one way or the other.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
2nd wave, John

Sorry didn´t finish the IC yesterday, but I´m confident to get it up tonight.

In the mean time, I have a few questions and suggestions for Cracking Software Copy Protection, that I´d need to know about when John is out of Boston.

1) You said the Threshold is 14+Rating (+5 for Agents). I´d suggest a distinction between common use and hacking programs, though. I.e make it as above for hacking utilities, but 9+Rating for common use. 10 for civilian unrated software and 15 for restricted unrated software (i´d count data and map softs as unrated, too, since they are so cheap).

ADAMU - I think that is a good idea, but I'd really like to keep it the way I had it. A) I want it to be a pain in the ass, since it basically give people stuff for free. B) I just don't want it to get too complicated.

2) What would be the Threshold for cracking Skill Softs? I´d suggest a base of 10 for lingua & know softs, 16 for active softs (max rating is 4, so the top would be 20).

ADAMU - That sounds fine. Let's use that.

3) What do I get out of cracking a program? Do I have 1 aditional usable copy (would be more ballanced IMHO) or can I make as many copies as I need? Both could be explained with fluff epually easily.

ADAMU - I agree - for game balance purposes, one copy.

That´s it for now, but it´s 0900 in the morning and I might have forgotten half of my questions smile.gif

ADAMU - ask more any time.

See in-line response.
adamu
Mister Juan

Okay, reply to Paddy if you want, or just IC yourself to Seattle. You can make it real short if you want, or as long as you like.
As Liam said, HSCT to NY (four hours), then three-hour layover, then HSCT (two hours) to Seattle.
If you want to figure out what time that'll make it in Seattle feel free - I'm not going to bother. If you don't want to calculate it, just make it whatever time you want when you arrive, and then I will need to know OOC or IC what you will do upon arrival.
Your passports will hold up, but once you leave Sea-Tac they will be basically worthless, and you'll be SINless, no ID to broadcast from your PAN.

Obviously Mr. Chu is an option for getting ID, lifestyle, etc. set up. You have plenty of money. But whether you use him or not is up to you.

But you will eventually need work. And if you have noticed, you are about two weeks ahead of Carla! So the sooner you get in touch with Chu, the less time you'll be "on the bench" for this game. On the other end, I will try to move Carla's timeline forward.
adamu
BlueRondo

Okay, I hate to railroad you, but it is for the sake of allowing other players into the game.
I am sure you realize that Carla will need some help, and she should realize it as well. As soon as it is convenient, please come up with an IC excuse to try to get that rolling with Mr. Chu. What sort of deal you want to try to swing is up to you.

As for time - this is a bit tricky - but again for the sake of allowing other players into the game, I will just come out and tell you some things. You will know them, but obviously Carla will not.

Time is of the essence in finding Esmeralda, but that won't actually count against you until the second week of August.
So while dawdling about with clinic work or other stuff, or simply being "stumped" for a few days would be penalized under normal circumstances, we need to get you through two weeks so you can catch up with Conall.
I will help with that where I can.

Not telling you to come to a screeching stop, but going at a slow pace in terms of game time would be appreciated. Obviously as long as the yellow time-date stamp moves forward, there is no reason not to POST as much as you like...
adamu
Vegas

I guess you have some conversation planned with your mother? If that is the case, go for it - or else let me know what you need on my end.

You know what you need to do. A) get to Seattle B) find Conall. Both tricky.

As discussed above, the quicker you achieve this in game time the less time "on the bench" for you as you wait for others to catch up.

I know you want to learn some spells. For this purpose, spell learning will take half the regular time in this case only. And you instructor has a 5 rating in Instruction. Just so we can get you to Seattle as soon as possible without totally throwing continuity to the winds.
Vegas
Adamu

No, didn't have anything planned really.. just needed a stopping point for a post so it wasn't 17 pages long or something. Plus i'm still trying to come up with a way to make this all work and not end up in the Tir for months on end nyahnyah.gif

I'll try to keep moving things forward where you can help push things in one direction or another soon. Life's a little busy at the moment, and I've lost a little momentum trying to come up with posts for Etain since I'm trying to pull everything together and have it seem to happen in a reasonable amount of time as opposed to "poof! magically you're there" or whatever.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

That's all cool, Adamu. Carla was planning on contacting Mr. Chu eventually to find some help, so that works out well. To address a couple of things:

-When I said "copy," I was thinking that Carla would just manually write the names and numbers into her commlink - not use any sort of "copy/paste" commands. Since there are only a few numbers there, I assumed it would only take a couple of minutes to write that info down.

In the upcoming weeks, the only thing Carla will probably be doing is keeping an eye on Esmeralda's apartment. She checks in every other night or so to make sure that no one else has been snooping around. She's also waiting for that pine scent to die down so she can see if it's covering up some other smell. Aside from that, those two weeks can be used as time reading up on Catherine of Siena.

So I can sum up those two weeks in a single IC post and jump straight to Mr. Chu, if you want. Just let me know what you want to do.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

The IC I just posted is actually just the half post i finished last night, but I decided to post it anyway, while I´m still working on the rest - so there are still 2 IC posts planed.

About the software piracy. Thinking about it, it probably isn´t that unrealistic for common use programs to have the same protection as hacking programs do. After all, while the common utilities cost only 10% of the hacker stuff, the corps probably sell them far more often then just by the factor 10. AFAIK today most mainstream games and stuff that cost maybe 50 bucks have the same or better copy protection then specialized programs that cost 500.

Anyway, how dos a ripped copy differ from the original? Is it all the same, dos it just lack a valid license or is it instantly recognizable as a pirated program by anyone analysing the comlink´s storage? Even more extream would be to have it be recognizable as a ripp-off by just analysing the icon using it, but that would be unrealistic and unusable IMHO.
Keep in mind, that if they where good enough to be sold on the black marked, one still would only get 30% baseprice (probably less if it is identified as pirated ware - conterfeit, stolen and/or used might all aply) and had to fence it (~2 full days of work for most professionals). So even for the most highpriced software, thats ~3k (as little as ~1k if identified as pirated) for 3 days of relatively low risk criminal work work. That´s much, but all the 'shadowrunners should better steal cars' stuff aplys, too - wich IMO (and thus in John´s, too) dosn´t make it that cool to do on a regular basis.
Konsaki
Most 'smart' people on the Matrix wont buy software from some random person. They only buy it from legit or respectable sources, which also includes certain black market organizations who's only product is illegal/restricted software. They have to make sure their product is free of malware or else their rep goes down the drain and they cant stay in buisness.

If you buy a program from some Yutz on the matrix though, it could be just like d/l some freeware on the internet today. You dont know what is actually in the code and it could result in damage to your system, tracking of your keystrokes and so on.

Therefore, a hacker on his own would never make money cracking software and trying to sell it on the matrix. Only 'groups' can do that and thats after greasing alot of palms to increase their rep...
MK Ultra
Yeah, makes sense. So the comment of fencing cracked software probably onlyaplys to selling it to your fixer or software dealer, which reduces the the cash, but also spares you the hastle to do the legwork yourself. So even more then with cars, you have to work with the established people, basically being a programmer on their paylist. Much harder to do as a one-shot and much less profitable to do as a side job.

Still I´d like to know if/how pirated copies are different from the legit stuff.

EDIT: Oh, btw, I tentatively started to post on the wiki
Any names and places similar to those elsewhere in this game might just be coincidence - or not.

BTW, Konsaki don´t you sleep ever? What time is it in Kunsan?
adamu
MK Ultra

One difference I can think of between cracked and legitimate copies is that the cracked ones will fall behind SOTA faster. They won't be registered so they won't get updates.
Like how Microsoft is always sending out upgrades or crap to close security holes as they come up. You wouldn't get that.
SR4 doesn't have SOTA rules for now, but something to think about down the line.

I agree with Konsaki that pirated ware would be real hard to sell, but I still think it is important for game balance to restrict cracking to one copy per completed task - otherwise the team hacker is going to easily churn out multiple R4 Agents for everyone on the team.

As for whether the icons of cracked programs look any different, personally I can't see why they would - they are a copy of the original. It is the lack of registration that creates the above-mentioned problems.
adamu
BlueRondo

However you want to handle the copying is fine with me - I just wanted to be clear on it.

Why don't we have you call Mr. Chu FIRST, and once we get that bit of RP done, THEN you can do the one big post covering your periodic checks and research.
This will give us an excuse for you to be dawdling, as Mr. Chu does his work, and it will give you a chance to do more (quick) investigating if you think of something you forgot or anything like that.
Mister Juan
adamu
I forgot to answer one of your previous questions concerning how Conall is carrying around his money. He has it divided equally on 4 certified credsticks.
Once he arrives at the airport, he'll get one of those "long term lockers" and stash two of the credsticks.
He'll then proceed in booking himself a room in a lowly motel, not too far away from the airport, where he'll crash until 10 or so. He'll then give a call to Mr.Chu.
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
adamu
I forgot to answer one of your previous questions concerning how Conall is carrying around his money. He has it divided equally on 4 certified credsticks.

Thanks for remembering that.
In that same post of mine back on page 62 I also asked exactly where you keep your signet ring....

No problem with the hotel. I'll go ahead and quickly IC that and get your call to Mr. Chu started.
adamu
Vegas

Hmmm, didn't expect you to bite on the European band angle; was just role-playing how I had already said the voice coach would act. Does it fit into your Get-to-Seattle scheme?
Not questioning you at all - if you want to run with this, that is totally fine. If you do want to explore it, do you want to flesh it out yourself, the way MK Ultra is pretty much writing his own story (that's only allowed after I see and approve fairly detailed outlines)? Or would you like some player/GM back-and-forth on that? Or is it just a distraction to cover your immediate escape to Seattle?

Knowing where you plan to go with it helps me stay abreast of the necessary preparation. Also, as you know, I am interested in getting everyone gathered in Seattle as soon as possible.

Let me know your thoughts, and we'll take it from there.
Vegas
Adamu

More cover than anything else, mixed with a little honest desire. More trying to come across as being honestly excited about that opportunity as opposed to having a nefarious plot to get to Seattle brewing beneath the surface.

I'm trying to figure out a way that would be logical to get her to Seattle quickly, the only trouble being getting her out of the Tir... from everything I've read she seems to stand a better chance "getting away" once she's off the isle as opposed to trying to get directly to Seattle from the Tir... please correct me if I'm wrong. biggrin.gif

I'm just kinda of hitting creative writers block or something trying to come up with an answer that doesn't seem outrageous to me... believe me I want Etain to get to Seattle as fast as the next person. I'm just having trouble getting the "right" answer to satisfy myself.

I think I'll likely have her approach it on two fronts to double her chances.. .one on the band front and one on pulling at Paddy's heartstrings or something along those lines for any help he can provide her. I'm also trying to figure out how to work in any of the learning I want to have her do along the way as well... might have bit off more than I can chew right now nyahnyah.gif

I'll try to keep plodding along soon... thanks!
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 16 2007, 05:58 AM)
One difference I can think of between cracked and legitimate copies is that the cracked ones will fall behind SOTA faster.  They won't be registered so they won't get updates.

That sounds resonable. What if I have one valid copy and cracked it for simultanious use on another device (or a contact that I see regularly). Do I need a full cracking task every time a new update comes up, to stay SOTA, or can I use my legit copy to update the cracked ones?
I think I´d like the necessity to crack every time i want to update. I also like the one copy per task rule. Both together keep the cracking in check very good, IMHO. But it would be interesting to know, what intervals (aproximately) are necessary, before there is a drop in performance (Rating -1 is allready a huge drop, I figgure one would notice before that happens). Realistically this would depent on the kind of software and would not be compleatly forseeable, but that would be quiet complicated. Still it would be nice, to know aproximatel, if there was a noticable drop in performence after days, weeks, months or years.
Or would it all just be fluff effect. Which is enough for most tech-characters to go for the legit deal (or a suficiently sofisticated illegal deal, taht provides updates as well, but isnt that much cheaper) once they can afford it.

EDIT: Or crack regularly even if they allready did that specific software some time ago. Yeah, I really like the idea of a hacker cracking software mst of his down time, just to stay fluff-comfortably SOTA biggrin.gif
DireRadiant
Carla, Conall --- All aboard for the ride to the Hell of Seattle Shadows... courtesy Mr Chu Chu
BlueRondo
Hmm, I wonder whether Conall and I should shift over to a new topic (a la "Up from the Bottom")

Adamu

I assume Carla has to use her credstick to send money to Mr. Chu electronically, right? Aside from the credstick, all the money she has is hard cash.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 16 2007, 07:55 PM)
adamu

Thanks for remembering that.
In that same post of mine back on page 62 I also asked exactly where you keep your signet ring....

No problem with the hotel. I'll go ahead and quickly IC that and get your call to Mr. Chu started.

I was at first thinking that Conall would simply keep it on his hand... but since that might be considered as "bearing a sign that he is of the O'Neill family", I'll just say that he wears it on a small chain around his neck. That way, he still has it, but it's "hidden"
adamu
BlueRondo

Yes, to send electronically you have to use a credstick or whatever else you have that's digitized - cash won't work.

Now is the time for you to post whatever you want to do for the next two and a half weeks.
Do me a favor and make up some IC excuses for dragging your feet (for instance, Mr. Chu not getting back to you).

As I said, this is sadly artificial, but it is worth it to keep everyone in play as much as possible. You won't be penalized in the race against time to find Esmeralda (at least, not until you get together with the others!).
I think MK and MJ are both just inches from being ready to go. (push push)

And please note that Mr. Chu is really much more punctual than this!

As for moving to another thread: The posts where MK, MJ and Vegas first meet Carla or any other PCs should all be made on the First Wave page.

You will all keep the same OOC thread as we have been using all along.
BlueRondo
Okay, should have the summary post up by the end of the day.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)

I'll try to keep plodding along soon... thanks!

Just let me know anything you need from me IC or OOC.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Okay, should have the summary post up by the end of the day.

And of course same to you.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Mmmkay. We had water in our basement, so I didn´t get done with this today. If not for that, it would probably have been something else keeping me from finishing the IC, though. I´m splitting it again, the last part, launching John on his jorney to seattle, will probably be up tomorrow. The rest will be handled OOC.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Carla, Conall --- All aboard for the ride to the Hell of Seattle Shadows... courtesy Mr Chu Chu

I now welcome John to the crazy train....
Vegas
Hey Adamu,

know you said things are a bit crazy for you at the moment.. but did you get my PM? Things are still a little wonky on my end and I just wanted to be sure you got my questions.

biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Adamu
I'll make your life easier: I would want something in the line of a rating 3 or 4 fake ID for Conall. I know this, but Conall doesnt wink.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Hey Adamu,

know you said things are a bit crazy for you at the moment.. but did you get my PM? Things are still a little wonky on my end and I just wanted to be sure you got my questions.

biggrin.gif

Yes, but I'll admit I haven't even had time to open it yet. Will get to it ASAP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012