Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
BlueRondo

If you are staying away from the apartment right now on purpose in order to give these guys their space, or disassociate yourselves from whatever they do, or for whatever other reason, that is one hundred percent perfectly fine and totally cool.

However, if you tire of being sidelined, it's not like it would be some sort of heinous metagaming sin to pop in on them.

Whatever - I just like to minimize people's time on the bench as much as possible. But it's totally up to you either way.
MK Ultra
Sorry, my anounced posts are notoriously late by one day, it seams - maybe I should stop saying when I am planing to post nyahnyah.gif
Anyway. Here is how much I got this far (not much for you yet, adamu)
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Thanks, Adamu. I'm having Carla stay away from the apartment because I figure she's busy at work all day long.

I really don't mind sitting on the bench for a bit while Krait and Paddy do their investigation. I wouldn't have set up the situation in such a way if I wanted to avoid that.
adamu
BlueRondo

That is totally fine.

A word about the clinic (started thinking about this when I saw some mentions of your "lunch hour" in a recent IC post) - in the clinic you are pretty much the Queen Bee. Granted, there is a constant stream of people in need of medical care, but no one is watching over your shoulder to make sure you punch a clock. Even Padre Cardoza pretty much is your lackey down there in the basement, whatever weight he carries ecclesiastically upstairs. You come and go as you please.

If it pleases you to let the boys have their fun, that is absolutely fine - but don't think you are constrained by the clinic job, especially considering the peanuts they are paying you. They know what a blessing you are to the community and will bend over backwards to keep you happy.
MK Ultra
Mister Juan (& Adamu)

If been working on a post describing Johnīs search, which I planed to last till ~1730.
Once Iīm done (if thatīs before we are through with an IC discussion or OOC coordination of our activeties) Iīll put it in a spoiler and post it OOC, so we can speed up the process a bit.
BlueRondo
Adamu

By the way, what kind of roll should I make to judge how accurately/detailed Carla can describe Esmeralda's appearance? (I know a verbal description won't help Conall's magic, but Carla doesn't know that yet.)
Konsaki
Sounds like a memory check to me.
BlueRondo
That's what I initially thought, but it occurred to me that I can hardly describe the faces of anyone I know in precise detail, despite knowing perfectly well what their faces look like. I thought maybe some sort of descriptive-language check might be due.
MK Ultra
Iīd do perception & memory. Language isnīt necessary by RAW if all are using their native language.
Artisan could of course help -not only to do a picture, but also to describe a person in detail. Then ofcourse, fiddling around with an Edit utility should be a big help!

MisterJuan nice touch. Working on my search post. Though if you want me to do anything afterwards, youīd have to explain OOC or Conall has to make himself more clear IC. I can only vaguely guess,what he wantīs John to do nyahnyah.gif
BlueRondo
Nice post, MK,

Adamu: Just to get ready for the meeting later, what (if anything) does Carla already know about Ophelia? Also, did Esmeralda's medical file say anything about implants?
Mister Juan
Adamu

Wolf Form
Force 4
Hits:4
Drain: 2S
Hits:1
Drain taken: 1S

Alright. Let's get this hunt started shall we? wink.gif

Perception (smell)
Hits: 2

Tracking
Hits: 2

So, Conall is doing his best to pick up what he thinks would be Esmeralda's scent. Once he has it, he'll literally ask for the door and start checking out the hallway.
Vegas
*bounces impatiently*
*hits the fast forward button in the First Wave Thread*
*waits*

I'm so not good at this waiting stuff. I SO Can't wait till we're all caught up in the timeline again!
Konsaki
Heh, at least you can still post for your character while you wait. There are a few of us who had to sit on our hands for weeks. nyahnyah.gif
MK Ultra
Vegas allready fed up doing drugs and whoring around with the common folk wink.gif
(Oh well, if Conall can barely hold back when Johnīs talking to him alone, I can see some fists coming my way, when I first talk to Etain without 'chosing my words carefully' biggrin.gif)

Konsaki thatīs just because they are not creative enough to spend weeks ICing their PC playing Jojo for 5 minutes nyahnyah.gif
Just dissing to have some fun during my lunch break biggrin.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Heh, at least you can still post for your character while you wait. There are a few of us who had to sit on our hands for weeks. nyahnyah.gif

Oh I know I'm extremely lucky.. doesn't quell the want to hook up with the rest of the group however.

Heh, I'll stop "complaining" now biggrin.gif
adamu
BlueRondo

If you want to describe Esmeralda, a RAW memory test is fine.

As for Ophelia,
[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Vegas and everyone

I share your desire to bring everyone together. It will be a while, though, but I think you are quite busy enough as things are!

But yes - although I have no idea how the investigation is going to proceed (well, I have lots of ideas, but the those pesky PCs start in with their own wacky machinations), whenever possible I am going to try to provide leads that have to be waited for - like, Mr XYZ has a lot of key info but can't meet you for three days.

If such a cue comes up, people - and I will remind you if it does - that will be the time for you to just write me a "what I did for three days" post and let time go by. You won't be penalized for it in the race to find the missing nun.

May come up, may not, but if it does, please bear with the artificiality in order to get everyone actively into the game.
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Mar 4 2007, 09:55 PM)
he'll literally ask for the door and start checking out the hallway.

Not sure exactly what that means, but reading the spell, I don't think you can talk.

As for scent and tracking and all that, no problem getting her scent in the apartment - and you'll know it if you smell it again. You also get plenty of it in the hall, but it is very very faint. Really, I hate to blow your debut as a wolf, but the thing is she has been missing for weeks at this point.

Even so, and especially because I have said there'd be no penalties for time having passed artificially, you can track her out of the apartment. Her scent is all over the apartment and the church, but you are smart enough to try to pick it up somewhere that it leaves the church. You can only find it on one path leading away from the church - and again, it is extremely faint - and it leads about a kilometer until it leaves the bad neighborhood and gets into a more B or C rated neighborhood, and it goes to a bus stop - and that's it. End of trail. Bus line heads downtown.

Mister Juan

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK Ultra

I wanted to go through your big IC post and confirm/deny some things for you, but I sense a big OOC post coming from you as well, so I will wait on that (plus it is getting late).
MK Ultra
The force is strong in you, Adamu wink.gif

Questions
Would there be room for more cases of ding-dongs in the cup-borad, or is it compleatly filled?
Any shoes there? any dirt or whatever on the sports shoes (and the others if there are more shoes)?
Dos the password provide a user, security oradminaccount?

Datasearches
Esmeralda, Addressbook, Filenames, St. Catherine, 'dark' eating disorder sites, bracelett

Looking for prints on:
Water Bottles, Vitamin Bottles, Soygurth, opened case of ding-dongs, Books, all handles, switches & controlls, cat-o-nine, exercise-equipment & chips
collect & compare from other sorces, if necessary (if non are found on the mentioned items)

Collecting Samples (or maybe just dust):
wadded up tissues, Toothbrushes, Hairbrush, Robe, Floors & Surfaces, shoes, casual outfit, cat-o-nine

Items collected for later examination:
Books & Magazines, Bracelett, cat-o-nine, casual outfit

Computer Activities:
Analyze the comunit and all subscribed devices for databombs and other traps
scanning for the strongest hidden signals & any hidden burst-transmissions (as I understand it, there is no way to get more information beyond signal strength and access-ID on hidden nodes, without sniffer/decrypt & track)
what are the latest notes in study-software (and physical notepads, too. Iīll also do the old pencil-trick on anynote-pads, to see if a messagewas writen and the page riped off - also checking if there are any writings printedthrough on the books or magazins after they had been used as support)
What are the size & properties (i.e. when where they last edited/accessed and what kindof files are they most likely - audio, video, text, ...) of encrypted files
check door-logs for multiple entrances or exits (like in, in, out or in, out, out, instead of in, out, in, out, ...)
Search storage on all electronic items in the apartment for hidden files
Put all the mug-shots from the Edit-log into a galery, to find one of Esmeralda with Johnsonīs help, if there is any
transfer all data-files and logs to hidden storage (i.e. the soy-auto-cook) in apliances (and my certified credstick) and eraze it on the comunit

Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Oh and though canins canīt talk, Adamu, they have their way of asking the door to be opened - I guess thatīs what Mister Juan meant.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
EDIT: Oh and though canins canīt talk, Adamu, they have their way of asking the door to be opened - I guess thatīs what Mister Juan meant.

Yea, that what I meant.
I just had a mental picture of my dog looking at me, running at the door, scratching it, then coming back to look at me wink.gif
Mister Juan
I need to come up with some way for Conall to communicate with people while in wolf form. Could a watcher relay messages?
adamu
Yeah, sounds great - per RAW you have telepathic link to your spirits. Also, since spellcasting is allowed per RAW in your wolf form, I think you should be able to conjure while you are a wolf as well.
adamu
Vegas

FYI - the drug was Zen. In your mind, it made the event more perfect than it ever could otherwise be. But it also made the actual sounds better by virtue of allowing others to sort of join in a synergy of perceived perfection that spilled over somewhat into reality.

adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
The force is strong in you, Adamu wink.gif

ADAMU - The power of the Dark Side is great.

Questions
Would there be room for more cases of ding-dongs in the cup-borad, or is it compleatly filled?

ADAMU - sure. It's not like a coordinated effort to fill all empty space. But it's pretty full. And very neat.

Any shoes there? any dirt or whatever on the sports shoes (and the others if there are more shoes)?

ADAMU - No other shoes. Sports shoes show signs of wear, but the soles look pristine - like they've only ever been used to workout indoors on the carpet.

Dos the password provide a user, security oradminaccount?

ADAMU - For this computer, there is ONLY admin level access (per RAW for simple devices). That does NOT provide a backdoor into the individually encrypted files.

Datasearches
Esmeralda, Addressbook, Filenames, St. Catherine, 'dark' eating disorder sites, bracelett

ADAMU - Ah, the great headache. I will deal with these in a separate post.

Looking for prints on:
Water Bottles, Vitamin Bottles, Soygurth, opened case of ding-dongs, Books, all handles, switches & controlls, cat-o-nine, exercise-equipment & chips
collect & compare from other sorces, if necessary (if non are found on the mentioned items)

ADAMU - you find lots of prints on all of the above. You notice, however, that on the box of Ding-Dongs, while there are prints, there are none on the place where it was opened.

Collecting Samples (or maybe just dust):
wadded up tissues, Toothbrushes, Hairbrush, Robe, Floors & Surfaces, shoes, casual outfit, cat-o-nine

ADAMU - no problem. Lots of hairs. In taking samples from the toothbrushes your chemicals indicate the presence of blood.

Items collected for later examination:
Books & Magazines, Bracelett, cat-o-nine, casual outfit

Computer Activities:
Analyze the comunit and all subscribed devices for databombs and other traps
scanning for the strongest hidden signals & any hidden burst-transmissions (as I understand it, there is no way to get more information beyond signal strength and access-ID on hidden nodes, without sniffer/decrypt & track)

ADAMU - no databombs or anything like that. No hidden nodes detected.

what are the latest notes in study-software (and physical notepads, too. Iīll also do the old pencil-trick on anynote-pads, to see if a messagewas writen and the page riped off - also checking if there are any writings printedthrough on the books or magazins after they had been used as support)

ADAMU - you find notes, both obvious, and using your pencil trick. All appear to be regular study notes from her medical texts and bible studies. You perceive nothing significant or suspicious.

What are the size & properties (i.e. when where they last edited/accessed and what kindof files are they most likely - audio, video, text, ...) of encrypted files

ADAMU - dude, I don't even know how to answer that in RL. Ummm - judging by the sizes, they probably include video. Accessed frequently up until the time of the disappearance.

check door-logs for multiple entrances or exits (like in, in, out or in, out, out, instead of in, out, in, out, ...)
Search storage on all electronic items in the apartment for hidden files

ADAMU - none and none.

Put all the mug-shots from the Edit-log into a galery, to find one of Esmeralda with Johnsonīs help, if there is any
transfer all data-files and logs to hidden storage (i.e. the soy-auto-cook) in apliances (and my certified credstick) and eraze it on the comunit

ADAMU - unless she was an elite model or a professional athlete, you don't think she's there. But you can ask Carla...

Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

ADAMU - from the time you leave the apartment you are aware of multiple tails. They are amateurish, but don't really care if you see them anyway. They are sort of coordinated, passing you off to one another as you move along. Basically, Los Locos are shadowing your every move, but for whatever reason are not approaching.

See in-line response.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

Datasearches

Okay, I assume since you were busy doing other stuff the whole time that you used your Agent. And I assume that you used your usual "buy successes up to the maximum" routine? If that is correct, how many searches can you complete in the time you were in the apartment?

Note that there is a big difference between a very general search on a topic and a more narrow search.

Here is what I have you doing -

1. Esmeralda - General

2. St. Catherine of Siena - General

3. Dark eating disorder sites.

4. Bracelet

(5) Addressbook??? Do you mean a separate search on all the listings? Separate searches on just the four names Carla asked you to look at? Something else.

(6) Filenames??? Do you mean all the files on Esmeralda's desktop? Separate searches on each? This one really confuses me. Sorry.

Okay, need some clarity on this stuff, and I will try to get back to you ASAP.
MK Ultra
Darth Adamu

1. yeah general search on sister esmeralda from columbia. Also see 2.

2. thatīs quiet general, of course. Beyond the basic story, Iīm specifically looking for anything that might be relevant to seattle or close by areas (lice serching for local places or groups devoted to her). Also, I try to judge what of Esmeraldas perceived behavior mimics the saints (beyond excessive fasting and religious devotion) and what seems to deviate (i.e. did the sait do (or was suspected to do) that cat-o-nine thing?). Also checking if Esmeralda showed any other behavior mimicing the saint (i.e. writing letters to church officials - some of which might be open letters).
This might well be 3 searches in game terms.

3. checking what it actually is about (i.e. is my suspicion right that it suports (at least in part) eating disorder behavior and checking if any of the names from the address-book turns up there). Also if there is some chat or forum, checking if I can find out or guess Esmeraldaīs nickname there and any persons she had contact with.
This might well be 2 searches in game terms. Maybe more, but keepin mind that looking for data on these pages (like the names) is much faster then searching the entire matrix for info, so itīs time needed is neglactible.

4. Checking if this type of accessoire has any specific meaning or can be pinpointed to an area of origin.

5. one search for each entry (except the ones I allready checked, which are cardoza & ortiz). Thatīs Chiaki (sounds like a ninja-game character nyahnyah.gif), Ophelia, Patricia & Chaotic Serenety (maybe a band or something?), Traininvain (sounds like a singer or else an unsuccessfull sports), Zephyr (sounds like a groupy biggrin.gif). I donīt only look for the things I suspected in the () wink.gif
thats 5 searches

6. One for Ana & one for the name Mia. My starting point would be to look for nuns or lost columbian people with any biographical conection to Esmeralda (i.e. same village or same orphenage). If I donīt find anything usefull, Iīll do a broader search in the hope to find anything that could be linked to our problem.
2 searches

So thatīs 14 searches in total. 11 minutes each (I will start sifting through, as they come in, multitasking while vacuum cleaning and stuff, but stop it for a moment, if any tricky task is at hand) thats 154 minutes or 2h34m.
As per IC the first was iniciated at 14:12, so they (and maybe some that are spawned by their results) should be through by 17:32, when we headed out of the apartment.

Sory for all that datasearching nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
At the end of the post, I have her somewhat unconsciously casting Trid Phantasm, a mix of hallucination and genuine desire to be home... Mostly just fluff, but I can see her having trouble slipping between the planes the deeper she gets, and having trouble consciously controlling her gift. Since she can't really hurt anyone... she'll just make things feel more like home to get her through this.

Trid Phantasm, Force 5
Spellcasting (4) + Magic (5) + Moon Maiden (2) = 11 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] 1 Hits:5
Drain
WP (4) + Charisma (5) = 9 dice
3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 Hits:5

Didn't know if there are any current penalties to take into consideration for casting with everything in her system, so Adamu please feel free to subtract dice as necessary.
Mister Juan
MK & Adamu
Concerning Conall, there really isn't anything else he had planned beside tracking Esmeralda's trail. He's going to stay in wolf form and walk back to the appartment with Krait.... unless he has any plans.

Beside all that.... I didn't have anything precise in mind until the meet with Carla later that same night.
MK Ultra
Adamu & Mister Juan

Since I have admin access to Esmeraldaīs homestation, Iīd like to have put into existence (or else do so when we are returning) a hidden backdoor into the system and set the unit, so itīs cams and micros are continuously recording (without showing it and with storing the files in hidden folders).

I need a datasearch done on the new meeting place (sorry, dosnīt have to be much details right now, unless I find out about a Ghoul-Mantide-Bloodmage-Gestalt-Hive in the basement)
In addition Iīll do a search on wolf-shapeshifters and wolf-shamanes/totems/mentorspirits, as well as shapechange-spells and sense-person-spells, also on the paterns or motives tatooed on his arms & back (I can read that up myself, except for the tatoos).

The appointment with Carla was at 2100 right?
If so, I donīt have other special plans. We can go back to the nunīs apartment from there Iīll go back to the bus to downtown, to get a look at the rout (propably wonīt turn up anything by now, you donīt need to give me any details at the moment).
After puting some time into loosing any tails Iīll then take a cab back to the meeting place oposit to Megīs Place. While doing so, Iīll change my apearence back to the set I had in Megīs Place.
I want to be in the area ~ 1h early, spending 30 minutes to scout the surrounding and make precautions similar to the first meeting (but not the same and more geared towards a group-escape this time).
Iīll enter the place 30 minutes early behaving much like last night.

Scanning for strong or burst-transmitting hidden nodes in the area, as well as Conallīs & Carlaīs coms.
Also, Iīm scanning for any hidden nodes, that 'follow me around' in that I scanned them at another place before - That should find any bugs on my person that are sending at the moment without spoofing their access-ID (which is probably only possible through intervention by a hacker or agent). This is actually a rules question. How do I find bugs/tags?

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

BlueRondo
First Wave

I think the meeting was set for 22:00.

Also, Carla is going to be moving her things into Esmeralda's apartment around 20:00, just in case any of you plan on being there at that point.
adamu
Vegas, MK & MJ

I am sooo not ignoring you guys. In fact, your characters and stories are in my head all day and sometimes my dreams at night. Just been super crazy busy lately, so only been tossing off easy posts. Putting quality (or my best approximation thereof) before quantity - and right now that means you'll probably have to wait for the weekend.
MK Ultra
Adamu

Well, the dark side isnīt that much about patience, but weīll cope with it smile.gif
About the Bug-Scanning, I think I found the answer. A Radio Signal Scanner is abled to detect Signal-Strength and Direction. So with waving these things around a bit, one would be abled to locate bugs. With two of these one should be abled to triangulate the position of senders, without waving around the sensors.
adamu
Double-time-space-inversion crisis!!!

First, Vegas, could you fix your last time-datestamp to catch up to my previous one, or roughly thereabouts. Then I'll IC a cue for you to decide on your next pill.

Second, BlueRondo et al, I have made an error - Mr. Chu's assistant (whom all of you have actually encountered, as you may well have guessed) is not named Danny Lao. His name is Larry Yao. I have changed it in my posts. It is somewhat important to me, BR, so I would appreciate it if you would also fix your last post. Very sorry about the inconvenience. All my fault.
Vegas
Sorry Adamu! I pushed the post forward, but forgot to change a 2 to a 3! Should be all fixed now!
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Darth Adamu

1. yeah general search on sister esmeralda from columbia. Also see 2.

ADAMU - you find eight - all IN Colombia. Only three are actually listed publicly on Church sites, as they hold admin/leadership positions. In Colombia - there is a lot of information to be had from unofficial sources on all eight. Your agent filters all this out, asking if you want to pursue any of those as separate searches.

You find one reference to Sister Esmeralda in Seattle - it is on those local neighborhood blogs/chat rooms we mentioned earlier. Apparently one teenage boy thought she was a real "Madonna", but then he was flamed mercilessly for being hot for a nun. Other nuns at the church, including Ophelia, seem to have more written about them by the locals, as they participate in church social activities and community outreach programs. This does not seem to have been the case with Esmeralda.

2. thatīs quiet general, of course. Beyond the basic story, Iīm specifically looking for anything that might be relevant to seattle or close by areas (lice serching for local places or groups devoted to her). Also, I try to judge what of Esmeraldas perceived behavior mimics the saints (beyond excessive fasting and religious devotion) and what seems to deviate (i.e. did the sait do (or was suspected to do) that cat-o-nine thing?). Also checking if Esmeralda showed any other behavior mimicing the saint (i.e. writing letters to church officials - some of which might be open letters).
This might well be 3 searches in game terms.

ADAMU - Inputting all of the above as search parameters for Catherine of Siena - you find that in her early years she pretty much totally starved herself. There are varying accounts of just how far she went, but the most popular legend seems to be that for years she lived on just one spoonful of herbs a day, and pretty much never came out of her room. This has led many feminist and eating disorder scholars to strongly associate her with theories of pre-modern anorexia. She is sort of an anorexic poster-child in some circles.
You find no reference to Esmeralda having written any public letters to anyone.

I can see that you have already done your own Internet research on Catherine of Siena. That's great - it is all true in the game. Obviously, everything I am telling you is from my own Internet searches on her. So if you find a self-flagellation reference, then there is one. I don't remember any such reference, but not sure.

Note that the Saint's extreme fasting/isolation/mortification was only during her early years. After that, God basically told her to get a life and go out and do something useful. Thereafter, in addition to her well-known dealings with high church officials, she spent most of her time as a nurse, devotedly helping the sick. She is a patron saint of nurses.

3. checking what it actually is about (i.e. is my suspicion right that it suports (at least in part) eating disorder behavior and checking if any of the names from the address-book turns up there). Also if there is some chat or forum, checking if I can find out or guess Esmeraldaīs nickname there and any persons she had contact with.
This might well be 2 searches in game terms. Maybe more, but keepin mind that looking for data on these pages (like the names) is much faster then searching the entire matrix for info, so itīs time needed is neglactible.

ADAMU - Again - everything I am going to tell you is from my own real world research that I did for this game. You are welcome to dig into these sites for yourself and form your own impression.
I am going to give you a brief rundown, but basically, your wish to "check out what it actually is about" is NOT something even a smart agent can do very well. All it can do is throw a bunch of key words at you, it can't decide the true intent of the webmasters or read between the lines.
What most of these sites say they do is "support" people with eating disorders. They claim not to endorse the disease. Their line is basically, people have this issue, and rather than judge/condemn/try to cure them, we offer them health advice and a sense of community.
Many critics however (and sites critical of these sites are easy to find) charge that the sites use reverse psychology to lure girls into the sites. That they actively enable eating disorder behavior by offering practical tips about how to do it and hide it. That they aggressively push images of hyper-thinness "thinspiration", that they offer a sense of exclusive community, and in doing so condemn girls that are "wannabes", girls that are not REAL anorexics/bulimics.

Again, I can't make the judgment for you - the actual sites and the criticism sites are out there for you to find in RL. Although I will say that the actual sites, especially the more extreme ones, will take a little bit of work. I don't know about Europe, but all the big US search engines block those sites as fast as they can identify them (they were really popular several years ago, and there was a big fuss, and now they get blocked). But the sites are still there, you just have to search around for them indirectly. The best one I found (a few months ago) was called Rawboned, but it could be gone by now.
Anyway, I suck at computers - I am sure you will have an easier time.
In any case, the same is true in 2070 - they sort of hide, not from regulation, but from looky-loos and wannabes.
You find a lot of nicknames (see below), but nothing that indicates Esmeralda.

4. Checking if this type of accessoire has any specific meaning or can be pinpointed to an area of origin.

ADAMU - Red beaded bracelets (or even a red string around the wrist) are a signal by which people with eating disorders can identify each other.

5. one search for each entry (except the ones I allready checked, which are cardoza & ortiz). Thatīs Chiaki (sounds like a ninja-game character nyahnyah.gif), Ophelia, Patricia & Chaotic Serenety (maybe a band or something?), Traininvain (sounds like a singer or else an unsuccessfull sports), Zephyr (sounds like a groupy biggrin.gif). I donīt only look for the things I suspected in the () wink.gif
thats 5 searches

ADAMU - Okay, these might be doable searches considering that you have commcodes attached to them. Problem is, just like today, even with all the mySpaces and Facebooks out on the matrix, people in 2070 are trained from childhood to be super careful with their personal information (SIN, commcode, address, etc). The corps work hard to protect commcode data as well, since corps that get a rep for losing personal info will lose business (just like today). And for people with SINs - well - they actually pay taxes and have rights, so the government keeps those databases fairly secure. So for most of these names, the numbers are unlisted, and without a connection between the name and number....

Chiaki - you get hundreds of millions of hits on this name, and the Agent does its best to group multiple hits on the same individual together. It is a very smart agent, so it has paid attention to your previous search parameters, and offers you some preference options based on those. It is also a stupid machine and asks if you want to do individual searches on each of the 10,874 individuals it has tentatively identified.

The Chiaki with the most hits is the singer "just Chiaki" from LA with the recent hit "Love Smile Nude".

The second most is Chiaki Fujiyama, Imperial Japan's foreign minister from 2056-58.

The third most is model actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Go Go Kubari from Kill Bill).

The names your agent suggests you focus on are -

Chiaki Takakuwa - A nun in Everett that runs a homeless shelter and is also a nurse.

Chiaki Suzuki - A University of Seattle engineering major that did a homestay in Colombia in high school.

Chiaki Swanson - A community college Spanish teacher.

For Ophelia, you'll have to talk to BlueRondo, whom I told could make up whatever about that nun.

Chaotic Serenity is apparently a support group for women (some men have eating disorders, but this is a womyn only group) with eating disorders. Their site looks a lot like the "dark sites". You can decide what that means. The contact number for people that want to talk to someone is Patricia, at the number you have.

There are lots of other references to Patricia on the site, so it is pretty easy for your Agent to do some deductions and narrow down Patricia's address. She is employed as an "effort counselor" (in other words, a shrink whose job it is to get lazy wage slaves to work harder) at Federated Boeing. Single, with three adopted children. Blah blah blah. Let me know if you have specific questions that you think would be publicly available online.

Traininvain is active on Chaotic Serenity's website, as well as on some of the "dark sites". She is a real cheerleader for eating disorders - no ambiguity here - she is all about how people with eating disorders are really great, the only ones with any self-control, that if all women would just have eating disorders they would dominate the world and get rid of all the men, etc.
Like the vast majority of active participants on these sites, there is no photo - only various avatars. Her avatar is a null signal - no avatar. Your agent finds thousands of entries on these sites by Traininvain, which it reads for further identifiers, but finds none. It suggests you narrow your parameters within these entries. It can't find another likely match in Seattle. It helpfully tells you that the computer that sent the entries is does not appear to be spoofed.

Zephyr - comm unlisted - its even got a randomized prefix - which is like, you can usually at least tell what service provider someone is using by the prefix on their number, but for a hefty fee, you can get an unidentifiable prefix.

Looking everywhere, your Agent finds several hundred thousand Zephyrs that appear to be people's names.

In Seattle only, there are 366, about half of whom are the person's only name, which flags them as probably also being someone else on the matrix - either another one of the Zephyrs, or someone else entirely. In other words, the agent tells you there's a good chance some of the 366 are redundant with each other, while others are redundant with other matrix identities.

Cross indexing with Catholicism, Colombia, eating disorders, and all that stuff, your Agent comes up with 12 various connections, all of which seem fairly thin (no pun intended).
You also note that a large number of the Zephyrs appear to be handles of sex workers of various kinds.

6. One for Ana & one for the name Mia. My starting point would be to look for nuns or lost columbian people with any biographical conection to Esmeralda (i.e. same village or same orphenage). If I donīt find anything usefull, Iīll do a broader search in the hope to find anything that could be linked to our problem.
2 searches

This search was basically already done when you looked into dark sites. The vast majority of "pro" eating disorder sites are categorized as either "pro-ana" for pro-anorexic or "pro-mia" for pro-bulimic (buliMIA). On the sites, people refer to Ana and Mia as close friends of theirs, anthropomorphizing their illness.

So thatīs 14 searches in total. 11 minutes each (I will start sifting through, as they come in, multitasking while vacuum cleaning and stuff, but stop it for a moment, if any tricky task is at hand) thats 154 minutes or 2h34m.
As per IC the first was iniciated at 14:12, so they (and maybe some that are spawned by their results) should be through by 17:32, when we headed out of the apartment.

Sory for all that datasearching nyahnyah.gif

See in-line responses.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Mar 7 2007, 01:29 PM)
Adamu & Mister Juan

Since I have admin access to Esmeraldaīs homestation, Iīd like to have put into existence (or else do so when we are returning) a hidden backdoor into the system and set the unit, so itīs cams and micros are continuously recording (without showing it and with storing the files in hidden folders).

ADAMU - no problem.

I need a datasearch done on the new meeting place (sorry, dosnīt have to be much details right now, unless I find out about a Ghoul-Mantide-Bloodmage-Gestalt-Hive in the basement)

ADAMU - Just a bar (as far as you can tell...).

In addition Iīll do a search on wolf-shapeshifters and wolf-shamanes/totems/mentorspirits, as well as shapechange-spells and sense-person-spells, also on the paterns or motives tatooed on his arms & back (I can read that up myself, except for the tatoos).

ADAMU - Okay, Krait can know game info on wolf-dudes and the spells (although he knows it is woefully incomplete, just like we know not everything in the game is in the books).
For the tattoos, you'll have to ask MJ what they are - I don't know (but would like to, in addition to some other questions I had for MJ a few days ago....).

The appointment with Carla was at 2100 right?

ADAMU - I think it's 2200.

If so, I donīt have other special plans. We can go back to the nunīs apartment from there Iīll go back to the bus to downtown, to get a look at the rout (propably wonīt turn up anything by now, you donīt need to give me any details at the moment).

After puting some time into loosing any tails Iīll then take a cab back to the meeting place oposit to Megīs Place. While doing so, Iīll change my apearence back to the set I had in Megīs Place.
I want to be in the area ~ 1h early, spending 30 minutes to scout the surrounding and make precautions similar to the first meeting (but not the same and more geared towards a group-escape this time).
Iīll enter the place 30 minutes early behaving much like last night.

Scanning for strong or burst-transmitting hidden nodes in the area, as well as Conallīs & Carlaīs coms.
Also, Iīm scanning for any hidden nodes, that 'follow me around' in that I scanned them at another place before - That should find any bugs on my person that are sending at the moment without spoofing their access-ID (which is probably only possible through intervention by a hacker or agent). This is actually a rules question. How do I find bugs/tags?

ADAMU - You spot no tails after you leave the neighborhood.  Once you are on the bus, the gangers appear to quit following you around.  We'll talk about bugs/tags later.
Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

See in-line response.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Adamu

Well, the dark side isnīt that much about patience, but weīll cope with it smile.gif
About the Bug-Scanning, I think I found the answer. A Radio Signal Scanner is abled to detect Signal-Strength and Direction. So with waving these things around a bit, one would be abled to locate bugs. With two of these one should be abled to triangulate the position of senders, without waving around the sensors.

Okay - knowing you, you will eventually get the 16+ successes to find hidden nodes around the apartment - but you don't really find any, or if you do you can see they are innocuous.
As for finding bugs, you are right - what was in earlier editions called a Bug Scanner now appears to be called a Radio Signal Scanner. Near as I can tell from the gear sheet you sent me, you don't have one (although I am wondering if the PM you sent didn't have a spoiler erased or something - I have extensive info on your lifestyle, your money, and your commlink, but not much else...).
adamu
BlueRondo

I can't tell from your last post whether you mean for me to understand that you will call they guy NOW, or literally that you will call him at some time in the future. Either way okay - just wondering if you are waiting on me for anything.

Thank you for the edit, by the way, and sorry about the hassle. But, umm, it's LaRRy, not LaNNy. Not really a big deal for now, just a note for the future.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
At the end of the post, I have her somewhat unconsciously casting Trid Phantasm, a mix of hallucination and genuine desire to be home... Mostly just fluff, but I can see her having trouble slipping between the planes the deeper she gets, and having trouble consciously controlling her gift. Since she can't really hurt anyone... she'll just make things feel more like home to get her through this.

Trid Phantasm, Force 5
Spellcasting (4) + Magic (5) + Moon Maiden (2) = 11 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] 1 Hits:5
Drain
WP (4) + Charisma (5) = 9 dice
3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 Hits:5

Didn't know if there are any current penalties to take into consideration for casting with everything in her system, so Adamu please feel free to subtract dice as necessary.

Well, with the last round of drugs wearing off, you are hurting from what I think is two boxes of physical damage from drain a the airport - that's gotta be fairly painful, especially for Low-pain tolerance you...might wanna mention that at some point (good drug motivator!).

Anyway, that's -1 die, but you still have four successes against a bunch of drug-addled and impressionable young people....
adamu
Vegas

Okay, whatever you feel like posting next, as usual I need to know whether you take the next pill.
adamu
Well, you guys haven't had a ring of pissed off Mafiosos to smash through, but everyone has been posting and roleplaying a ton. So 2 points for everyone over here, as well.
Mister Juan
Adamu
Thanks for the k wink.gif
Sorry about not answering your question earlier. I meant to; I simply forgot.
Check for a PM.

Adamu, BR and MK
Alright. I just want to know if you guys are waiting on anything from me?
adamu
Mister Juan

Near as I can tell, everyone has been waiting on ME - and sorry about that. But right now I am definitely caught up on my end for this thread (I think).

So you guys should be free to move forward to the meet at 10. I know MJ and MK have said they are ready for the meet. BR too? Not sure. Anyway, even if BR has some other biz, you guys should feel free to IC up to the meet time if you want to.
adamu
MK Ultra

The tattoos are a mix of Celtic knotwork, crosses and runes.

You also notice a pendant of some sort around Conall's neck when he disrobes - but he was at a bad angle, so you couldn't get a close look (since you said you were being careful not so seem gay).

The thing around his neck is still there when he transforms, but you can't get any kind of good look at it since it is all buried in long fur.
adamu

Well, let's see if I have figured out how to do this.

Hmmm - it appears not. I am trying to figure out how to provide links to images that I want to use in the game. So until I figure it out, there may be some wasted posts here.
adamu
Chiaki

Hmmm. Will this work?
adamu
Sweet! Well, now you all will know Chiaki when you see her! (That is, if you ever find the right one.)

But that was really hard - I had to enter, like, this totally long string of characters into the field by hand - couldn't get it to copy/paste off the address bar. I am sure I am missing some totally easy step that everyone but me knows about, but at least I am learning.
adamu
QUOTE (adamu)
Chiaki

Hmmm. Will this work?

Now we see if, at such time as you actually do meet the NPC Chiaki, if I bring the link post forward in in a quote, if it will still work.
adamu
Yes!

Sweet.

I am very excited about figuring this out. It's like a blind person gaining their sight or Marv finally getting laid. Not to mention the GMing possibilities - why don't I see more computer-savvy GMs doing this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012