Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
MK Ultra

I absolutely think it is great that you are going ahead with the RP while we wait to resolve all your Matrix actions.

But I definitely will need some sort of "flashback" or memory (or even a back edit into an earlier post) IC summary of the matrix actions once we do resolve them.

I'm sure you would have done that anyway.

All just a part of my desire for the IC thread to be readable/understandable as a story without reference to the OOC thread.
adamu
Okay people, there seems to be a lot of PVP action going on, non-violent though it is.

While I definitely love that you guys are roughing out your own resolutions in order to keep things rolling, due to the sensitive nature of PVP interactions, I would like to keep a tighter rein on them.
In other words, you can keep rolling and suggesting resolutions OOC, but would like to sign off on any incorporation of PVP results before they go into the IC thread, just out of respect for each player.

I will try to get some of this stuff resolved in the following several "quote posts".
Vegas
Adamu

Just in case it's an issue... MJ and I talked in IM's before I had Etain cast Mindlink and I got the "go ahead" from him and then posted it.

I will double check with you from now on however regarding any additional PVP type stuffs smile.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Some Perception-Rolls for my entrance scene (Hacking is comming tomorrow)
Since modifires depend on the objects, I canīt aply them myself as usual, just drop the last dice results for that.

Checking the place: 9 hits
Checking Conall: 5 hits
Checking Etain: 6 hits

I also made Etiquette Rolls, to make a good impression on Etain and to put Conall at ease, if he flips or something for me looking at his sister. 3 hits each

Checking out Megīs Place
Intuition (5) + Perception (6) + Audio/Visual (3) + Observe in Detail (3) = 17 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] 1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] Hits:9

ADAMU - Nothing unusual.

Checking Conall for weapons, armor and stuff (if possible get a look at the pendant around his nack, though thats probably covered - still the form of the object might push through thin cloths)
Intuition (5) + Perception (6) + Audio/Visual (3) + Observe in Detail (3) = 17 dice
1 [6] 3 4 [5] 1 4 3 2 4 4 2 2 [5] [5] 4 [6] Hits:5

ADAMU - It will be much easier for me, and end up being (A) more accurate and (B) more fun for everyone if the target player helps us out with a quick OOC response to these sorts of perception tests. So MJ, if you could please note that MK has five successes, maybe glance at the concealability ratings on your gear, and come up with a fair guess as to what sorts of things he sees, I would really appreciate it.

Checking out Etain for anything I can learn about her
[6] 2 [5] [6] 2 4 1 [6] [5] 1 4 1 1 [5] 2 1 2 Hits:6

ADAMU - same as above.

Making a good impression on Etain
Charisma (7) + Etiquette (4) + First Impression (2) + Target intoxicated (1) = 14 dice
3 2 [6] [6] 3 2 1 1 4 3 3 [5] 2 4 Hits:3

Putting Conall at ease if he flips for some reason
Charisma (7) + Etiquette (4) = 11 dice
2 2 4 1 3 [6] 2 [5] 3 2 [6] Hits:3

ADAMU - okay, if MJ and Vegas could keep these results in mind in your IC - I know you would have anyway, but assumed you probably didn't read the spoiler. Also, important, he actually only has 2 successes on each of those tests due to other mods.

EVERYONE please have a look at in-line response here.

I have unspoilered the quote, as it seems that others need to see it.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Adamu

Just in case it's an issue... MJ and I talked in IM's before I had Etain cast Mindlink and I got the "go ahead" from him and then posted it.

I will double check with you from now on however regarding any additional PVP type stuffs smile.gif

Vegas

Thanks - though I didn't even consider that spell PVP.
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu)
Vegas

Thanks - though I didn't even consider that spell PVP.

Sweet, I just wanted to be certain.

I did read MK's spoiler (assumed it was rolls for the stuff) and did post a social counter roll just after that in case it mattered.

MKUltra

As far as what you can "learn" about her while observing her... I'm not quite sure what you want here. I mean she's high (but you knew that from Carla). She looks *identical* to Paddy in facial features, bone structure etc, with only the hair and obvious physcal/gender differences between them. She's dressed casually with a pair of jeans, a t-shirt (that is on inside-out actually) and a military tail-coat that appears to be armored. She wears no jewelry (that you can see).

Let me know if you you were specifically looking for something more than that.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Just because MK's doing the social roll thing and has already said Krait goes out of his way to seem disinterested in Etain and is speaking only to Paddy...

(FYI, Unless Adamu rules it necessary, I'm dropping the "intoxicated" modifier. If it applies just drop the last die and it's success taking her to a total of 4.)

Social Counter
Charisma (5) + Perception (2) = 7 dice
[5] [5] [5] 1 3 [6] [5] Hits:5

Adamu
Was there ever a "ruling" concerning "Observe in Detail"? I know the BBB states if you take the Simple Action to do so you're considered "distracted" by whatever task is at hand and you suffer a -2 die pool modifier. I'm just curious (in case I choose to use it in the future, especially during critical perception tests) is it an "obvious" type of action? I mean I'd think you'd kinda be caught "checking someone out" or doing more than just a casual look around if that was the case, especially if it effects other subsequent/simultaneous actions.

Vegas - the drug mod applies to ALL tests, no exceptions.
But you rolled the right number of dice - it is just that all threshholds are raised by 2, which in effect means knocking two successes off anything you do.
So that social test, barring other mods, has three successes. But with social mods I added in, you have two successes.

But truth be told, I am unclear on what exactly you are shooting for with that test....

As for your Perception test question -

You are basically right - without taking a Simple Action, you take a -2 mod if you are doing anything else (although if you are, say, in a generally alert state but not necessarily taking the Simple - like, maybe, walking down a dimly lit hallway in the corp facility you are penetrating, I would probably make that a no-mod neutral).

And yes, the person making a Simple Action to Observe in Detail will be relatively obvious in doing so, especially observing a person.
But that doesn't really apply to Krait, for reasons I shouldn't go into.
If your roll above is to notice that he is carefully checking Etain out, I am afraid to say the test failed, and she doesn't notice.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Like you all couldn't see THIS coming wink.gif

Mindlink, Force 5
Magic (5) + Spellcasting (2) = 7 dice
3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 4 Hits:3 - Success (just barely!)

Drain Resist 5/2 + 1 = 3
Charisma (5) + Willpower (4) = 9 dice
[5] [5] 4 [6] [6] 2 [5] [6] 2 Hits:6
No Drain

Okay, based on what I said about threshholds (which apparently you already understood), yeah, you just barely succeeded.

But I don't get why you are only rolling two dice for spellcasting...
Vegas
No, that wasn't my intention to "notice" him but thats fine. Whatever is the case is the case and I'll run with it smile.gif

I was working with the +2 threshold modifier for the Bliss she's on right now, I was just uncertain about the specific "intoxicated" modifier of a +1 (for krait)/ -1 (for Etain) bit.

Blah.. I give up rolling dice nyahnyah.gif I never get it right anyway smile.gif smile.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Without modifires (except distracted) I got 5 hits on perception to notice Etain using magic - there can hardly be enough modifires to make me miss the TH of 1 (6 - Force), though.
So, since he gets it, I made a composure check, to see if he can keep his cool and scored 6 hits, so that seemsto be no problem.

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Adamu
Any chance I have seen Etain on any of the pictures I screened through, when I checked out Patrick OīDonnal, Iīd imagin she ought to have been on one or the other.

The rule on Noticing Spellcasting sounds familiar, but I can't find it...can you help me out with a page reference?

As for seeing pictures of Patrick with Etain, your perfect memory recalls NOTHING. None of the public sources you checked out when researching him had any pictures of her at all.
Konsaki
QUOTE (BBB Pg168)
NOTICING MAGIC
Just how obvious are magical skills? Not very, since most spells and spirits have little, if any, visible eff ect in the physical world (unless the magician prefers to have fl ashy eff ects, or her tradition calls for it). An observer has to notice the magician’s intense look of concentration, whispered incantations, and small gestures. Magicians of some traditions display a more visible change when practicing magic known as the shamanic mask. Th e shamanic mask typically changes the magician’s features temporarily to display characteristics appropriate to her mentor spirit or tradition—an eagle shaman, for example, might seem to have feathers or beaklike features while spellcasting or summoning.
Noticing if someone is using a magical skill requires a Perception Test (p. 117) with a threshold equal to 6 minus the magic’s Force—more powerful magic is easier to spot. Th e gamemaster should apply additional modifi ers as appropriate, or if the perceiver is Awakened themselves (+2 dice), astrally perceiving (+2 dice), or if a shamanic mask is evident (+2 dice).

adamu
Dude, thanks very much.
Konsaki
QUOTE (adamu)
Dude, thanks very much.

Digital Rulebooks have alot of uses... They even give you a way of live to live by! Though you have to admit that if you live by them, you may not be living much longer... nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
I swear the PDF versions of the sourcebooks have saved me SO much time in my lame attempts to find what I need... still haven't perfected my search-fu, but it's getting better.. I think nyahnyah.gif
MK Ultra
Vegas (also MisterJuan & BlueRondo actually)
Iīd be interested in what com-link model each of you is using - this shouldnīt be hard for Conall & Carla, as I allready saw them use theirs. For Etain it depends on where sheīs carrying herīs.

Adamu
I guess Vegas made the perception-roll, because thatīs the resistance roll against someone using Etiquette to improve oneīs disposition to that character. So if she was an NPC and we where going by the standard rules, Etainīs 2 hits would have canceld Johnīs 2 hits and her disposition would have been unaltered.

Any chance I can identify what drug (or at least what category -stim, narc, ...) Etain is on? I did a defaulted Street-Drugs Knowledge roll and scored 1 hit.

Now the hacking-roll-O-rama.
Iīll assume the searches are done by ~0930 or 1000, which leaves me something like 9-10 hours to do the job.

1st Fan-Comlink
-probing but in a hurry (Exploit+Hacking (12, 30 minutes, 1s AND 2s count for Glitches!)) I got 6, 4 and 3 hits, no Glitches, so it takes 90 minutes.
-When I enter the Node, Iīll have the Agent and ALL my programs loaded into my persona (thatīs 11, temporarily reducing my Response (but not System, as per FAQ) to 5). The Agent will be preprogrammed to do the following tasks and I (Ini 10, 2 IPs) will only change instructions if circumstances demand it, so we are moving on Bullet-Time (Ini 11, 3 IPs); I just rolled once for each, because Iīm lazy and hope there will be no fight (which Iīd like to play through at least round by round anyway)
Unless otherwise noted, all Actions are the Agentīs, not Johnīs (heīs delaying his actions). If you need any more rolls, just ask or do them yourself.
1st Round
1st IP, Complex Action: (p. 221) Use Exploit to enter node (no roll needed; Node gets ::EDIT:: Analyze+Firewall(Stealth 3) ::END-EDIT:: to detect me, Present users must beat my Hacking+Stealth (I made one roll and scored 5 hits) with their Computer+Analyze (p.217).
2nd IP, Simple Action: (p. 217) Analyze Node (buying 3 hits to save space wink.gif), I want to know Alert-Status, of course, for the other 2 hits, Iīd like to know if there are any hidden trap-door access nodes and what programs are running on the node (or if I may only ask for one, if a Trace-Program is running). If an Alert has been triggered, the cooky will be activated as planned, before initiating the following actions.
2nd IP, Simple Action: (p. 217) Set Analyze to continuously scan for other users/icons (I made one roll and scored 3 hits), anything running Stealth can resist with Stealth+Hacking, otherwise the TH is set by the GM
3rd IP: (p. 219) Initiate Search for Ticket on the Com; Browse+DataSearch (TH??, 1 IP), I got 4, 2, 1 and 3 hits (so 1 IP if itīs easy or average, 3 if its Hard, I guess itīs not extream, even if itīs encrypted and/or misslabled)
2nd Round
1st or 3rd IP, Simple Action: Analyze Node again (p. 217), buying 3 hits, looking up alert status and wether a trace is running, as well as looking at the subscription-list
Hard to Further extrapolate what turn/pass the actions are in by now, so I wonīt lit it anymore
-(p. 219) If the ticket is not on the com, Iīll initiate a search for it on the PAN (TH??, 1 Round), I got 1, 4 2 and 3 hits (so 2 Rounds if easy or average, 4 rounds if hard)
-Once I found the ticket, Iīll initiate decryption if necessary (p. 225), Decrypt+Response (Encryption*2, 1 Round), I got 2, 2 and 2 hits, thatīs 3 Turns at most, unless the guy somehow used another com to encrypt the file.
-Simple Action: (p.217) Analyze Ticket-File (buying 3 hits out of lazyness and to save space). If it somehow looks fishy, I might not go on as planned. If it is mined with a DataBomb, I wonīt care since I lack the program to do anything about it.
-Simple Action: (p. 219) Transfer Data (should be nearly instantaneous, since itīs not extreamly large). I guess no test is needed, however, in case Computer+Edit is needed, the 3 hits I could buy should suffice.
-Complex Action: (p. 218) Leave as good a useless fake-Ticket behind as I can put up in one action or at least make the system 'think' the file is still there. Edit+Computer, buying 3 hits.
-Initiating Search for Security-Logs: (p. 219) Browse+Datasearch (TH??, 1 IP), got 6 and 2 hits, so 1 IP if easy or average, 2 if hard.
-Simple Action: Analyze Node again (p. 217), buying 3 hits, looking up alert status and wether a trace is running, I donīt quiet know, what to do with the 3rd hit (The Matrix Book is badly needed!!!)
-Complex Action: (p. 225) Eraze all logs of my presence and activeties. got 2 hits
-Complex Action: (p. 225) retry the action above. Got 5 hits biggrin.gif
-Complex Action: Log Off
After that, Iīll go to another coffin-hotel, if I triggered an alert during my intrusion. In any case Iīll log off the matrix maybe even re-boot, if I suffered some kind of damage to my matrix-attributes or something and log on again (so my com creates a new access-ID).
Next, Iīll start probing the other 3/3 target using the same pattern, but Iīll put that into another post, so itīs a bit more easy to work through it (and because I have to go to bed, soon adn need to do the dishes still).

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK Ultra

One hit confirms to you that she is REALLY wasted. Can't ID the drug.
adamu
MK Ultra

A thorough, impeccably by-the-book job as usual. Everything went smoothly, no alert, you got one non-VIP ticket.

Whole thing takes two hours, including your regrouping after the penetration.

Maybe your dice won't be good on the next one...
Vegas
MK Ultra

Commlink's not currently visible on her person and is currently running hidden.
adamu
EXECUTIVE DECISION

MK Ultra - you've demonstrated how handily you can do it once, and it will take us days and days in real life to get through your whole day of hacking.

The anal purist in me hates this, but, as with Matrix play since the 1st Edition Dawn of Shadowrun, decisions have to be made if the rest of the group is going to get to play.

And, in all honesty, you really have put in a huge amount of work as a player on this project. And there is no real reason to think you will have any less success on your next attempts.

So, it takes you all day, but you show up at Meg's with four non-VIP tickets to the event. Feel free to back-edit any part of your previous IC post you want to reflect that. Up to you.

Please do NOT take this as a precedent - I reserve the right to make you slog turn by turn through any given matrix run.

But this is merely a minor obstacle toward proceeding with your real goal, and you have handled it nicely.

Have fun at the party everyone.
BlueRondo
Hopefully I'll be able to put up a quick post tonight so we can move ahead.
MK Ultra
Cool with me. I like the numbers-crunching, but PtoP interaction is much more fun and action is allways a good thing ... no wait, I didnīt mean to write this, action is NOT ALLWAYS a good thing, so donīt take that as a precedence of my preferences, either wink.gif
I know the problem first hand from GMing. Yet I had the hope, when SR4 came out, that it would (at least partly) alleviate the problem. Of course these hopes faded quickly nyahnyah.gif
Well, to be fair, SR4 took another step towards not leaving everyone bored while the Hacker is doing his stuff (though I attest this more to the lack of advanced -and some basic!- hacking-rules in the core-book). On the other hand it has at least made a giant leap towards the Hacker not beeing bored during a firefight biggrin.gif

Anyway, Iīd never take something like this as a precedent. Itīs a sad truth, that one sometimes has to take short-cuts (especially in an online-game), but itīs always up to the GM to decide, when this is the case.

Iīll mention the tickets in my next IC and do flash-backs of the hacking as I find time to do so.
So the two guys from that screem-sheet, they got regular tickets, not some kind of special media-access, right? I guess thatīs good, so we donīt have to act beeing reporters, though the tickets wonīt bring us into the VIP part of the party (but Iīve got the feeling, Etain is good at that kind of stuff nyahnyah.gif).

Looks like Iīll have time to post an IC later today (probably before BlueRondo or else not at all), too (no video-watching frown.gif tonight).

Sigh - this is probably the last night, that I can listen to Pandora, they have to kill the service for all IPs outside US&UK frown.gif
adamu
Actually, I was thinking you got the four tix from four fans, not the screamsheet guys....

So yes, all are regular tickets.
Vegas
BlueRondo

Question.. how much like a nun does Carla look like right now? Or is more of the makeup and other clothes appearance since Etain saw her last?
BlueRondo
Carla only looks like a nun when she's wearing her cloak and hood, which are similar (but not identical) to nun habits.

Right now she's just wearing a trenchcoat, so she probably looks like one of those femme fatales from an old film noir (though not quite as seductive.) No additional make-up or anything since she left.

The picture in the wiki is similar to what I had in mind.
Vegas
Fair enough.. just double checking.
adamu
Vegas

In case you didn't see much earlier OOC to BR - those pills completely sweep away your high and all negative effects of the drugs within minutes.

It is a DECIDEDLY unpleasant feeling for Etain, one she will be loathe to repeat....

See upcoming PM.
Vegas
Oh JOY! She'll be a barrel of fun to be around nyahnyah.gif

*expects feeling like a nova crash, only different*

*waits*
Mister Juan
I will not roll any intimidation dices because I do not see this as Conall trying to actually intimidate John. He's pretty much just stating what WILL happen, not trying to scare him into trying to believe what MIGHT happen.
adamu
No problem - that just leaves it up to MK to decide how he'll react without having to factor for dice and stuff.

MJ - I will need the descriptive stuff for Krait as soon as you have a chance (re. my post of May 2, 9:54 am).
Mister Juan
Missed out on that. I'll admit I've been skipping the HUGE ASS ooc post about the datasearch and stuff wink.gif

So, here's what John can notice:
-Conall does not seem to be carrying any weapons, but he does have something in his right pocket. By the looks of the buldge and general size and shape, it doesn't seems to be any sort of weapon or tech device.
-His jacket is the same as before. It is definitly armored, and seems to have a special interior lining to help the wearer keep warm.
-The silvery chain around Conall's neck, which disappears under his tshirt, seems to be holding a piece of jewerly.
-He's a got a cheap knockoff commlink attached to his belt. It's turned off.
-On his left wrist, he's wearing an intricate bracelet made of leather and worked silver in different patterns of celtic knotworks.
-He's wearing contact lenses
-He's got a pair of shades hanging off the interior pocket of his jacket.
Vegas
Sorry if anything seems "unnatural" in my post.. trying to push forward knowing time is of the essence in game. smile.gif
MK Ultra
Damn you, BlueRondo nyahnyah.gif

Now I have to edit my IC before posting!

EDIT: Argh, and again sarcastic.gif
BlueRondo
My apologies.

I've gotten into the habit of refreshing the thread one final time before submitting long posts.
MK Ultra
I do so, too, but that still leaves me editing what I have writen, even if I didnīt post it yet nyahnyah.gif

But I tell you, this was the last time this happened ... today (because Iīm going to bed now).

cross-post me once shame on you, cross-post me twice ... ah, um, ah ... you wonīt cross-post me twice.

EDIT: edited in a reply to Carla at the end of my IC.
JDragon
wrong thread, sorry. smile.gif
Vegas
Dam JDragon here I thought we had new stuff! nyahnyah.gif

Seriously though guys... should we just "plan" OOC'ly and time jump to the awards, or do you want to post this stuff out back and forth for a couple of weeks at the rate all of us are on right now wink.gif
Konsaki
As adamu has said in the past on our thread, he would rather have the planning sped up by planning OOC and then putting up a post in IC about how you guys all planned it out in a big session or something like that. He just doesnt want the game to stall out.
Vegas
biggrin.gif

I need to remember to post my </giggle> and </sarcasm> tags more wink.gif
MK Ultra
Yeah, now that everyone has been introduced to each other, Iīd favor planning OOC, too. Iīll recap what I have found out about Zaphyr and the convention so far, later today and make my suggestions (if I can come up with any).
Vegas
So begins some of the OOC planning on my end... smile.gif

Adamu

Regarding the event, is there any type of live matrix feed of the "red carpet" for the event? I.E. like the red carpet at the oscars.. schmoozing and stars arriving to the awards? I'd assume a simple matrix search would turn it up if there is one?
MK Ultra
OK, hereīs what weīve got.

Zaphyr
In brife, sheīs 'the porn-star' that cares. She is quiet well known in the biz and seems to be indipendent since ~2 years. Suffered from eating disorder in the past, but since had been outspoken against it and any sites or groups that seem to promote it. Connected to all three major mafia families in Seattle in the past.
The name turned up in Esmeralda īs address-book (though we havenīt confirmed yet, that itīs really this Zaphyr, it is quiet likely) and she has been banned from Chaotic Serenity and some of the other 'dark' eating disorder sites, that the nun frequented.
She is supposed to attend to the award ceremony (VIP only) that starts at 0000 and might be on the red carpet (starting 2300) as well - she might or might not turn up somewhere outside these VIP events.

[ Spoiler ]

Ft. Lewis Convention Center

Here is the plan to the place:

Fort Lewis Convention Center

Anywhere that says Galveston Island = Fort Lewis
Anywhere that says San Luis = Nisqually
The water is not the Gulf of Mexico, it is the Nisqually River.
Seawall Blvd is River Blvd
Everything else should be as shown.
The VIP event takes place in the grand ballroom. The trade-show for the public has been going on all day.

[ Spoiler ]

Our tickets will get us into the convention, but not into the VIP area

Vegas
Since I did multiple searches onthe eventīs media-presence, I assume I allready know where to find a life-feed.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
So begins some of the OOC planning on my end... smile.gif

Adamu

Regarding the event, is there any type of live matrix feed of the "red carpet" for the event? I.E. like the red carpet at the oscars.. schmoozing and stars arriving to the awards? I'd assume a simple matrix search would turn it up if there is one?

Yes, several channels' worth. There is even Interactive (if you pay for it), where you can choose your camera angles and also have a menu of "extras" to set into windows on your screen, and so on.

As MK said, Krait has all that info at his fingertips. Just assume there is any sort of matrix coverage you can imagine.
adamu
QUOTE (Konsaki)
As adamu has said in the past on our thread, he would rather have the planning sped up by planning OOC and then putting up a post in IC about how you guys all planned it out in a big session or something like that. He just doesnt want the game to stall out.

As usual, Konsaki is right.

How you do it is up to you entirely, but the OOC option definitely goes faster. As Konsaki said, once you are done OOC, even just a quick mention that "the team made a plan" IC will keep my head from exploding.
MK Ultra
So, dos anybody have a plan?

Adamu
Which areas are off-limits for regular visitors? Is only the Grand Ballroom restricted to VIP, the whole 2nd floor, or only part thereoff?
I assume the loading-docks and kitchen are employees only, but what areas are also not open to the public? Are regular ticket-holders restricted to the prefunction and exhibition-hall? Whatīs going on in the Meeting-Rooms and Jr. Ball-Room?
Which entrences do VIP and regular visitors use?
What are the ticket- (and for VIP ID-)checkpoints. Is it possible to enter the trade-show,then leave and come back later, or dos a regulat ticket only grant access once?
Where are the stair-cases next to the central-plant and in the prefunction on the left side next to the main entrance lead to? Both donīt show up on the 2nd floor! It looks to me, like the second one lears into a basement that is not shown and the first one onto the roof of the loading-dock (and possibly into a basement, too). Do we have plans for a basement, did I just not get them or should we simply ignore these two stair-cases?

Also, I said Iīd ask Mr. Chu about a Sniffer-Utility before. Could he get one in time and what price would it be?
Vegas
My whole "plan" was to use magic to make Etain (or Carla if she wanted to do it or hell, either of the guys.) LOOK like one of Zephyr's recent female (or the guys could be male co-stars, no need to go in in drag wink.gif ) co-stars and a likely attendee to the awards who would have a better chance of getting into VIP. The other three could be guests, entourage, bodyguards whatever. I just figure using the women makes more sense in case of getting caught. Might look more favorably on a chick than a guy sneaking in to see a porn star but hey, what do I know biggrin.gif

Not intending to spirit in and manifest before Zephyr or anything, that would be suicide. biggrin.gif Worst they could do is kick her out for impersonating someone. Well I'm sure they could do a lot worse, but you get my meaning.

Whole point of watching the "red carpet" arrivals would be so that we didn't try to ride the coattails of a "star" who had already arrived.

Might be necessary to try to "delay" said star's arrival if possible, but highly unlikely given we've got all of 53 some odd minutes to make this all happen.

I'm just tossing ideas out there. If nothing else having a "porn star" stand just outside the VIP checkpoint and take pictures, sign autographs for all the perverts with general admission who are lined up to watch everyone get past the velvet ropes into VIP might cause enough of a distraction/commotion to let others get inside. I mean last I checked in 2007 it's not illegal to get cosmetic surgery to look like a famous person soooooo I'm jumping to the (probably incorrect) conclusion that using magic to look like one might only garner a slap on the wrist wink.gif Or a temporary detainment by Wolverine until it's reasonably decided there's no threat.

That's just what has been running through my head lately.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
So, dos anybody have a plan?

Adamu
Which areas are off-limits for regular visitors? Is only the Grand Ballroom restricted to VIP, the whole 2nd floor, or only part thereoff?

ADAMU - Well, I have never seen this information on any maps on the Internet or when I have attended events. I am thinking they rely on clear hard copy and ARO warnings to control movement on site, and otherwise all that info is on the security node.

I assume the loading-docks and kitchen are employees only, but what areas are also not open to the public? Are regular ticket-holders restricted to the prefunction and exhibition-hall?

ADAMU - see above.

Whatīs going on in the Meeting-Rooms and Jr. Ball-Room?

ADAMU - those are all listed as either "private function" or "reserved (sometimes with name of individual or studio" or they are set aside for certain mini-events - Get a behind the scenes look at a porn filming...Autograph signings by stars...Sex seminars...Obligatory (but nominal) health awareness events. Whatever. If you are looking for something specific. let me know.

Which entrences do VIP and regular visitors use?

ADAMU - Again, doesn't say. For regular, you would assume only main entrance. VIPs will know if they use a different entrance on an individual basis.

What are the ticket- (and for VIP ID-)checkpoints.

ADAMU - like any legitimate event, this is all generally obvious once you get there. And security doesn't pre-advertise its layout.

Is it possible to enter the trade-show,then leave and come back later, or dos a regulat ticket only grant access once?

ADAMU - Yes.

Where are the stair-cases next to the central-plant and in the prefunction on the left side next to the main entrance lead to?
Both donīt show up on the 2nd floor! It looks to me, like the second one lears into a basement that is not shown and the first one onto the roof of the loading-dock (and possibly into a basement, too). Do we have plans for a basement, did I just not get them or should we simply ignore these two stair-cases?

ADAMU - Hmmm. The one by the Central Plant does connect to the second floor.
I don't see the other one you are talking about.

Also, I said Iīd ask Mr. Chu about a Sniffer-Utility before. Could he get one in time and what price would it be?

ADAMU - thought I answered this earlier. Your earlier OOC query was for a rating 2 or 3. At that rating he can get it for you right away at book price.

See in-line.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu)
Is it possible to enter the trade-show,then leave and come back later, or dos a regulat ticket only grant access once?

ADAMU - Yes.

So, which one is it question.gif Enter once only I assume?

[QUOTE]
Where are the stair-cases next to the central-plant and in the prefunction on the left side next to the main entrance lead to?
Both donīt show up on the 2nd floor! It looks to me, like the second one lears into a basement that is not shown and the first one onto the roof of the loading-dock (and possibly into a basement, too). Do we have plans for a basement, did I just not get them or should we simply ignore these two stair-cases?

ADAMU - Hmmm. The one by the Central Plant does connect to the second floor.
I don't see the other one you are talking about.
[/QUOTE]
Hm, are you sure it is meant that way (or are simply ruling so)? Because on a closer look, I really think it gos non-stop to the Exhibition-Hallīs rooftop (which there is no floorplan for). It dosnīt apear to have any doors on the 2nd floor, or even a hallway or room next to it. Not that it really matters, was just trying to get a compleat picture of the area - and of course my PC might be just as clueless as I am, so you donīt have to tell me what you decided, if the matrix-map dosnīt have any extra features like 3d-VR-Walkthrough or whatever.
The other staircase I was talking about is in the 1st Floor Prefunction right under the 'P' but dosnīt apear on the 2nd Floor map. Again, itīs not that important (or at least I keep telling that to myself wink.gif).

[QUOTE]

ADAMU - thought I answered this earlier. Your earlier OOC query was for a rating 2 or 3. At that rating he can get it for you right away at book price. [/QUOTE]
See in-line.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed that somehow. Thanks for repeating!
If Iīm allowed to, I would have asked Carla if she can still spare the extra-cash (and how much). However, John wouldnīt ask her in the presence of the others, so If he didnīt have enough time to do so, thats ok.
BlueRondo
Woo hoo, I'm done with final exams. I should be able to keep closer attention on what's going on now.
Vegas
Congrats BlueRondo!!! Woo! More forward progress to come! smile.gif

SO back on to planning before DSF goes down again this weekend?
adamu
BlueRondo - you proved me wrong! I was sure you'd be bad and neglect study for SR, but it is good that I was mistaken.

Anyway, SOOOO glad to have you back at full force - this team needs a kick in the pants.

Planning and all is great you guys - but sometimes, especially in a forum game, you just gotta go for it. Get moving, plan on the way.

(Or else you may get a taste of my nefarious 12/5 rule - you don't even want to know what that is...!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012