Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Mister Juan
Here are all the misc rolls for CT3. I didn't put in any actions since I'm still waiting on some answers from my previous questions.

Initiative Base score: React 4 + Int 3 + Increased Ref 2 = 9
Initiative = 6,1,1,4,6,2,4,2,1 = 2 hits = 11

[ Spoiler ]

BlueRondo
Adamu

Do you want me to make an initiative roll to determine when exactly Carla can communicate back to her teammates?
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Adamu

Do you want me to make an initiative roll to determine when exactly Carla can communicate back to her teammates?

Sure. You probably should be rolling initiative each round anyway...just in case....

So roll for Turn 3, and state any actions you want to do just like everyone else.
adamu
MK Ultra

You find a baseball bat behind the bar. Or you've got full and empty bottles. You could break a bottle to make it an edged weapon.

I know you are behind the bar. For Turn 3 I need to know if you are squatting down behind it (you can't see twins or shedim that is just on the other side of the bar, and they can't see you) or standing behind it (everyone can see each other).

Good luck on your school work. Once everyone else has their rolls in, I'll decide if I need to push you forward.
adamu
Mister Juan

You are near the east wall, having just shown Etain to the door of the room (go in, refuse - up to Vegas). There are two undead nasties on the now-empty dance floor. One is about five meters from you, the other about ten meters from you. They are about five meters apart. They each have a victim, and are very efficiently eating and whatever else they do to people.

There is another shedim at the bar, directly across from where Krait just jumped behind the bar. That shedim is about 25 meters from you. Unless MK comes back and says otherwise, assume he is fully behind the bar and out of your LOS.

There may be more shedim in the crowds, but you would need an Observe in Detail action to have a chance to know that.

The crowd is in two arcs almost ten meters deep each at the two gates.
So it would be almost impossible to Powerball the one at the bar without hitting lots of other people (if you care).

A very tight Powerball (no more than 10 meters diameter) could hit the two on the dance floor (and their victims) without hitting anyone else.

To hit all three would need a diameter of 20 meters, and would hit a LOT of people.

I know you are perfectly capable of figuring out how big you want your spells to be yourself - I only provide the advice since we don't have the locations of people on the map for us both to see.

Have fun.
MK Ultra
No knifes to cut lemmons, I guess. I´ll chose Baseballbat over bottle

Would like to be crouched but not prone behind the bar, close to the front. So I can stand up any time without spending an action.

Would like to move ~1 m from where I droped behind the bar, so if the shedim leans over at the point I was last seen, he´s not leaning directly over me, but still in meele range if I make one step.
There was no mirror-wall behind the bar, right?

I want to delay my action untill the shedim leans over the bar. Or (if I´m abled to percive it) untill I see him turn his back on me in a reflection on a bottle or something.
5 hits on perception (including -2 dice for distraction, since I´m not using an action).

Can I still use the free action to communicate via com or is that not possible while delaying?
If so, I´d send 'One @ Team: behind bar, say when zombie turns away!'
If not, I´ll use the free action as noted below. If I can communicate without loosing tie delayed actions, just ignore the free actions below.

Option 1.
Once the zombie leans over the bar:
Complex Action: 4 hits Club-Attack (3P base), using Reach to decreas his counterattack by -1 die.
Free Action: If I couldn´t use it to communicate, I don´t know anything else. If the shedim somehow jamms my bat, I´ll use the free action to drop it.

Option 2.
Zombie turns away, but is out of mele range, somehow.
Simple: Ready Weapon (Pick up a bottle, keeping bat in off-hand)
Simple: 2 hits Throw bottle at shedim (3P-1 base?)
Free: crouch behind bar again

Option 3.
Once the Shedim turns his back on me, stand up and attack from behind. Surprise if possible (usully calls for Infiltration, which normaly is a Complex action, so it´s your call if surprise is possible or not, I made a roll anyway 3 hits, but I´d rather not surprise, then spend an action!). At least I should get +2 dice for superior position (attacking from behind).
Option A: Complex Action: 2 hits Club-Attack (3P base), using reach to get an extra die. Not using Edge unless Free action is still available.
Option B: Complex + Free: 6 hits Club-Attack (7P base), using reach to get an extra die. Not using Edge unless Free action is still available. Called shot (DR +4, dicepool -4) and use Edge for +3 dice.

Initiative: 9
Ambush/Surprise (if needed): 2 hits
Defense: 1 hit & 0 hits, Critical Glitch!! oh oh, hope I´m not attacked twice frown.gif
Soak: 2 and 3 hits
Willpower: 0 and 1 hit

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
My Rolls Combat Turn 3:
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Combat Turn 3
[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Carla's Rolls - Round 3

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Beginning of Combat Turn 3, 1st IP

The shedim win initiative.

At the bar, the shedim comes over the bar before Krait has had a chance to go on delay. Once he's over the bar he squares off with Krait and just stares at Krait.

(MK - I don't spend enough time in bars - you are right, there would probably be a small paring knife or something, but I guess it is in a drawer or something and out of your sight.)

For Krait's action, which in this case would be to attack the shedim with the bat, Krait tries but as he approaches he encounters a chilling aura of pain, cold and terror. It stops his attack short, leaving Krait with only a free action. MK - if you want to use that for communication, that is fine - seems like the communication you declared is not longer valid, so feel free to throw in a new one.

Meanwhile, the two shedim that were on the dance floor, plus one of the people they were eating, making three shedim, charge Conall in a group and overwhelm him. All three manage to touch him. For fluff purposes they are scratching and clawing and tugging, but it doesn't do any serious damage. But they are all using a touch magical attack. Conall feels with each touch that he is being slowed down or trapped in molasses or something. But wolf gives him strength - in game terms, Conall completely resists all three magical attacks.

I am stopping resolution here, because it seems that Conall may want to change his declaration for his first IP, since he is now surrounded by three of the shedim.

So to move on I need to know what Krait does with his free action, and I need to know from MJ whether Conall still calls a spirit to protect Krait, or if Conall does something else.
MK Ultra
What effect has the power the Shedim used against me? Just so I can start thinking about future actions (and what I´m going to communicate to the others). I suppose it´s Fear, but IIRC, I should start to flee asap instead of paralyze...
adamu
MK Ultra

I'm not going to fully detail the effect in game terms for you.

But fluff-wise, Krait REALLY wants to just run away, or else just die.

Rules-wise, you don't have to run, and you don't have to die and you are not paralyzed. But when you used your action to Melee, as you got closer to the spirit it was just too scary to continue - you were scared the whole time, but at the last moment you absolutely could not muster the courage to Melee it - the fear and the cold (it is getting several degrees C colder around the monster) were just too much.

As I said, you can use a Free action still, and if you want to use some movement, I will allow it (just not TOWARDS the thing). It will probably attack you on IP2.

For your next full action in Turn 4, you are free to TRY to attack it again, or do anything else.
Mister Juan
Alright, so here is IP 1:
Free Action: Move in a way as to get all three shedim in his line of sight.
Complexe Action: Powerball the suckers as per previous call, this now trying to get all three.
[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Mister Juan

You try to step out of their circle to get all three into your Powerball, but they all get Intercept attacks. The first two miss you, but the third punches you in the back of the head for 2S damage. That stops your movement, so you can still cast at the two in front of you. They both stagger, but are not down.

Note that I am totally out of melee dodge and willpower rolls for you, so have been rolling them myself. Feel free to send me some more if you want, but it doesn't matter to me.

Everyone

Conall's current situation reminds me that along with declarations and rolls, it would speed things up if people gave me parameters for when they would use Edge.

For instance, if MJ wanted to use Edge on any recent roll (dodging the Intercept, or rerolling the damage soak, or whatever), now would be the time to tell me as I sit here at the Internet cafe resolving Etain's action, and before the shedim start their IP2.
Mister Juan
All good mate. Here's the rest of CT3

[ Spoiler ]

And I believe that being circled by three flesh hungry shedims might qualify as "Conall being in trouble" wink.gif So, Vegas you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think now is a good time for this "armor spell" you mentioned nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Vegas

It takes no actions just to move into room.

It does take a Simple action to command the Elemental.

So although Conall is indeed "overwhelmed" by shedim, you need a Complex action to cast the spell, and have only a Simple and a Free remaining. You would need a Complex to have the option of delaying a Complex. Keep the sweet roll if you want, but you can't cast it this turn.

Anyway, the earth elemental stays astral but manifests so that he is visible to everyone, and attacks the shedim that hit Conall from behind. He doesn't hurt it, but it's presence in the fight can only help Conall.
Vegas
Adamu

Fair enough, I kind of feared as much... so yeah, will keep the super sweet rolls and cast next round, barring any other nasty developments.

Can I trade my simple action for her looking around Nightshade's room for anything resembling a weapon (in a dominatrix's domain, hah!) a.k.a. Observe in detail and then use the free to "speak" via mindlink to Conall?

Intuition (4) + Perception (2) + Observe in Detail (3) + Vision Magnification (3) + Sustained Mindlink (-2) = 10 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] Hits:5

adamu
Remainder of Turn 3 (except for Krait's free action, if he wants it)

Shedim attacks Krait, and manages to touch him - Krait feels all paralyzed and so on, but shakes it off (completely resists).

Although the Earth spirit keeps wailing on the one shedim, it fails to get a substantial hit, and all three shedim concentrate on Conall. With full dodge, only one hits, that same one that hit him before and is being attacked by the Earth spirit.

But Conall soaks all the damage.

Conall calls his two Force 3 (2) beast spirits and commands them.

So Combat Turn 4 will start with Conall and three spirits vs. three shedim.

Vegas, if you cast that spell in Turn 4, you will have to lop off four dice since it is so hard to get a clear LOS on Conall in the center of a Seven-Being melee.

In the meantime, a "victim" gets off the floor and runs into the crowd of people to the south.

Gates - the north gate was left open, and the crowd is pretty much killing each other to get out of it. Right now it is clogged with biting and clawing S&Mers three-deep.

The South gate is shut, and the weight of the crowd is pushing against it. It probably can't hold for long.

Need everyone's stuff for Combat Turn 4 (including some parameters for Edge use).
adamu
Vegas

Feel free to speak via mindlink. There are no weapons on the room. There are lit candles in sconces on the walls, a plain pallet covered with a rough military-looking blanket, and the heavy chair with all sorts of straps bolted to it, and a cheap plastic wastebasket, beside which sits a box of tissues.
Mister Juan
Combat Turn 4

Here you go.

Initiative Base score: React 4 + Int 3 + Increased Ref 2 = 9
Initiative = 1,2,6,5,3,2,2,3,5 = 3 hits
Initiative Score: 12

As a general rule, Conall will always attack the closest foe until it dies.

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
3rd CT Free: Via com "Could use help! Got Watchers?"

4th CT

Unfortunately, I don´t have enough time to do all the rolls, so please, do that for me!

Dos the Interceptrule mean, the Interceptor gets a free attack without using up any of his actions, or dos it just allow him to use a delayed or his next action to attack?

If the later ist the case, I want to break free of the melee and run away towards Conall.

If the Bar-Shedim intercepts successfully (remember +2 dodge dice for running, so that´s an awesome 5 dice), meaning I take damage and can´t escape his melee, I´ll attack him with the bat (if I can resist his fear-aura). But I will use the extra reach to help defense instead of attack.

If I get past the Bar-Shedim, I will charge any of the Shedim attacking Conall from behind (dicepool +1 for reach, +2 for charge, +2 for superior position and +1 or 2 for friends in combat (depends on wether the bar shedim joins us or not)).

If inteception actually gives an additional Attack, I will just try to attack the bar-shedim as noted above, but use the +1 reach to attack. If I can´t attack due to his spirit power, I will runn an try to charge as above, anyway.

EDIT: If I run and he makes a good interception-attack, I will use one Edge to re-roll Soak-Dice, if I can´t negate all the damage with the first roll.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

Dos the Interceptrule mean, the Interceptor gets a free attack without using up any of his actions, or dos it just allow him to use a delayed or his next action to attack?

Neither - it means if he has an available free action, he can use it to melee you if you try to withdraw from Melee or move past him within one meter.

In the following resolution, very little happened that exactly fit your parameters, so I did my best based on how I read your intentions. I rolled pretty well, too.

You didn't run because per the rule above, he could have intercepted you, which you were clearly trying to avoid. Also, running would have meant climbing back over the bar (both ends blocked by the screaming crowds), which would have cost actions while he attacked you.
adamu
Okay, I am guessing we have not heard from Vegas because she already declared she would cast the armor spell this turn, so I am moving forward with most of Combat Turn 4.

End of Combat Turn 3 - everyone gets Krait's message asking for watcher combat support.

Combat Turn 4

IP 1

Conall kills one of he shedim he had Powerballed.

The shedim behind Conall that is now fighting the Earth spirit - Etain sees it roar astrally at the earth spirit - a sight evil and terrible to behold, and the elemental flees back to its home plane - Etain, through her mental link with the spirit, feels its terror (no game effect)

At the bar, the shedim claws at Krait - there's that swimming in molasses feeling again - Krait loses 1 point of Reaction.

Krait hits the thing solidly with the bat, but it doesn't go down.

A shedim tries to scare one of Conall's beast spirits, but the shedim overextended its power and weakened itself - the beast took advantage and pounced, slaying the shedim.

Etain casts Armor on Conall - as long a she sustains it, Conall has an additional 3 points Ballistic and Impact armor.

The second beast spirit wounds the last shedim fighting Conall.

IP 2

Conall finishes off that last shedim.

At the bar, the shedim attacks again. This time, it WOULD completely paralyze Krait. I thought that was a good time for Krait to use a point of Edge.
So Krait is down 1 Edge, and also down 1 more Reaction, leaving him with exactly 1 Reaction.

At end of IP 2, Conall and Etain have a clear view of Krait losing fight with shedim.

The beast spirits do nothing in IP 2, having no new command and the last command fulfilled until and unless Conall reenters combat.

That only leaves IP 3.
The only people that have 3 actions are Conall and the Beast spirits. So I am waiting on Mister Juan to say what he does for IP 3.

Meanwhile, the crowds have been kicking and biting at each other for seven or eight seconds now at the gates. The crowd is finally thinning a little, but not completely, at the north gate. At the south gate they are still trying to break it down through sheer weight of numbers.
Mister Juan
IP3
Simple Action: Call Unbound Spirit
Simple Action: Send it to protect Krait
adamu
Okay, new beast spirit shows up and goes over and joins the Krait/Shedim melee. It has time to attack the shedim once, but misses.

That is the end of Combat Turn 4

Now need everything from everyone for Combat Turn 5

Note that at the end of Combat Turn 4 the southern gate crashes down, though there are way too many people mauling each other to get through first, so there is a real traffic jam. The north gate is just starting to see that problem clear up a bit.
adamu
MK Ultra

Slightly interesting situation for you.

Behind the bar is only wide enough for two people to face each other and fight.

But since you are totally physical and your new best friend is totally astral, you actually can exist in the same space, and both affect the shedim, who is dual.

Alternatively, the shedim cannot pass through the Beast, so if you pulled back, you'd be screened by the Beast.
Mister Juan
So, beside the Shedim that ran into the crowd, and the other one going after Krait.... seems to be it?
adamu
OOC - there's nothing to keep you from going back through the thread play-by-play.

IC - you've got Perception tests, Memory tests, or anything else you can come up with.
But no free answers - you've all had a lot on your minds, hard to get the big picture. Lot of ugliness happening in both crowds....
Mister Juan
How far is the bar from Conall's current position? And how far is the closest exit?
adamu
Vegas put the new, updated map on the wiki. It has a scale on it. You are near the doors to the private rooms. The only two exits you know of are to the north and south of the bar. Both are clogged with poeple.

Basically you are about 25 meters from the bar.
Vegas
Sorry guys.. I'm a bit (ok a lot) under the weather and swamped with an unexpected and new job starting.

I'm gonna be a little quiet for a bit.. sorry for the crappy timing.

Adamu

Between you and MJ I trust you guys to play Etain if I'm holding you up. Basically she'll do whatever she can to help aid Conall (Summon more spirits for aid/distraction, or whatever). I'd only have her roll edge if her life (or conall's) depended on it. I'm hoping to be back on track soon, but I might be out of play the rest of this week... all things depending.

Sorry again frown.gif
MK Ultra
I will retreat 2 meters away from the monster, then hold my action, untill it has acted twice against the spirit, before charging in again and hitting it with the intention to knock it down.

Initiative: 8
Surprise: 3 hits
Defense: 1 and 1 hits
Soak (Impact): 4 and 4 hits
Willpower: 2 and 1 hit
Will+Char: 2 and 3 hits

Melee Attack (Knock Down): 2 no damage; knocked prown if BOD < 5
Well, looks like this won´t work either sarcastic.gif

[ Spoiler ]

In case the shedim somehow prevents me from approaching again, I´ll instead do the following:

Free: Yell (and transmit to team via com) 'Spirit get invisible!'
Simple: Ready Weapon (pick up bottle)
Simple: Throw Weapon 1 hit without mods

[ Spoiler ]

If the shedim hits me before I can retreat and lowers Reaction once more, I guess, I´ll fall to the ground or something instead of the above actions. Though, If I can still mentally act, I´d use a free action to tell the team I´m paralyzed and think of something to do in the matrix.
adamu

Vegas - so much hope you feel better soon. You haven't held anything up so far, as no one else posted for three days, including me.

Definitely need declarations from MJ. If Vegas has not posted by then, will have her do something useful and continue with resolution.

BlueRondo
I just want to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the game or been unavailable or anything like that. I'm ready to post, but I'm just waiting for the IC resolutions of the combat round.
Mister Juan
Sorry for my absence. Major workoverload... probably won't be able to post before friday sarcastic.gif
adamu
BlueRondo

Thanks for checking in.

Mister Juan

Thanks for letting us know.

Everyone

Conall is just too pivotal a character in this scene for me to feel right pushing things forward. Only two more days.

In the meantime, I will probably IC some of the recent actions myself in order to keep things going, set the tone I want, and most important throw in some more information.
(But my IC post probably won't be half as cool as the last few installments from MJ.)
adamu
Okay - some IC posts up.

Deliberately avoided any Conall POV, since MJ has obviously enjoyed providing us a play-by-play of his ass-kicking.
In fact, my little narrative is in no way intended to discourage Vegas or MK to present their own stories if they want.

But since I did put something up there to continue the story to the present moment, any IC posts by you guys are optional. If you want to write something, I and the rest of us would be most happy, but if you are too busy or want to concentrate on OOC/survival, that is fine, too.

BlueRondo - well, don't know what you will do, but if you want to do anything, I will need initiative and declarations and rolls for Combat Turn 5 from you just like everyone else.
BlueRondo
Adamu

Carla takes a closer look at Trixie's friend. Does she notice anything special about her (i.e.: does she recognize her?) Here's a Perception Test:

Perception (3) + Int (4) + Active Search (3) - Distance Modifier (??) = 10: 6, 5, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 1: 3 hits

From her vantage point at the window, Carla looks for the shortest/easiest path to get Trixie out of the crowd. Perhaps a navigation test?

Nav (2) + Int (4) = 6: 6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 2 = 2 hits

Also, she wants to help guide Trixie out of the crowd via commlink. Here's an instruction test:

Instruct (2) + Cha (3) = 5: : 6, 3, 2, 4, 4 = 1 hit

adamu
BlueRondo

Cool.

Your Perception test is a simple action. I'll let you combine your Navigation and Instruction tests into one Complex action, but you still won't be able to fit both a Simple and a Complex action into Combat Turn 5.

With the shedim closing in on the whores, you are now on combat-time like everyone else, so the first thing is need is initiative, then actions for one combat turn, which we will resolve when your turn comes up.

So once you get your initiative up, you'll need to decide whether to use the Perception test, plus some other Simple and Free action in Turn 5, or whether you want to go straight into the Nav/Instruct test, plus a Free action, in Turn 5.
BlueRondo
Round 5 Initiative (4 Rea + 4 Int): 2, 4, 4, 3, 6, 6, 5, 6 = 4 hits + 8 = 12

Carla will use the complex action to guide the prostitutes out of the crowd.
adamu
Time to get this thread moving

Okay, first - this post is not to scold anyone in any way - I know all four of you are enthusiastic players who post when you can. And I know that MJ is swamped with work (and I am happy for you - glad you are getting business!). And I know RL has been tough for Vegas, too.

And I appreciate both of you letting me know that. It means a lot to me to not have people just disappearing.

Nonetheless, aside from a note promising Actions by last Friday, we have not had a constructive game post from MJ for 10 days, and longer for such a post from Vegas.

I really hate to force things forward, but there comes a point where I worry about my game sputtering out - stuff of nightmares.

Thus, in accordance with the campaign rules laid out in the very first OOC post for this game (actually - those rules say I'll do this much sooner than I am now), I am going to take over the actions of anyone that has not posted within 24 hours from now.

Again, it is NOT punitive. It is just necessary for the thread at this point.

Vegas and MJ - even if you are too busy to do a big post - I already did enough IC posting that you do not need to IC if you don't want to (but you are totally welcome to). And even if you can't roll but can just give me two lines about what you plan to do generally, that will go a long way towards me not feeling like I am ruthlessly hijacking your characters - which I hate to do.

MJ - good luck with work.
Vegas - same to you, with all the stuff you are juggling.
Everyone be healthy.
Vegas
Adamu.

Sorry I've been so quiet. Life is seriously giving me a beat down right now..

Can't really post much (was kind of waiting to do one big all-encompassing combat type post) but I wanted to at least give you what I'd like to have Etain do...

As soon as she spots Krait in trouble and Conall is holding his own against the immediate Shedim threat, she'll drop the armor spell + counterspelling on Conall and re-cast on Krait with the -3 penalty for sustained Mindlink and BG count. I believe that should wipe out her actions for CT 5

Armor Force 5
Magic (5) + Spellcasting (5) + BG Count (-1) + Sustained Mindlink (-2) = 7 dice
[5] [5] [5] 1 3 [6] [5] Hits:5

Drain 5/2 + 3 = 5
Charisma (5) + Willpower (4) = 9 dice
3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 4 [5] 1 Hits:4
1 Stun

She's now at an additional -1 to all actions because of Low Pain Tol.
BlueRondo
Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help move things along (aside from post my own character's actions.) I don't know what that might possibly be, but please let me know if you think of something. Although I just moved back to school, I'll still have some time each day to check in and write a post.

Adamu, do you want me to go ahead and post my IC, or should I wait for the rest of the initiative rolls?
MK Ultra
Same for me, I´ve got some rl contact-upkeep and stuff to do, but I should have enough time to post in the next few weeks. If you need anything, just say so. In the mean time, I´ll just cross my fingers for our fight! Do we get an Edge-refreshment? Just kidding nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Okay - inside the bar, this turn is very easy.

Conall runs over with his two other spirits, and he and Krait and three beast spirits easily destroy the shedim attacking Krait.

Vegas has got three successes on Krait (after subtracting for "cover" behind the bar) - so as long as she sustains it Krait has +3/+3 armor. Etain takes one stun (as Vegas already noted) and no more armor on Conall.

By the end of that round most of the crowds at the gates have finally gotten out of the VIP area, and are heading out the main doors and the emergency exit.

Outside, Carla succeeds in getting through to Trixie's commlink and efficiently directs Trixie to a side door into the lobby that Carla remembered with her photographic memory. So by the end of this combat turn, Trixie and her friend are into the lobby.

Unfortunately, Carla sees three shedim chasing them and headed for the same entrance. Carla is not quite sure how she is to sure those three are shedim.

Another thing, Etain's earth elemental returns to her side, humiliated by its cowardice. Vegas, if you have remaining services, feel free to use them - he is back now.

Need Combat Turn 6 everything from everyone. Or questions or IC if you are so inclined.

BlueRondo
For now, here's initiative for round 6

2, 4, 5, 3, 1, 6, 2, 4 = 2 hits + 8 = 10

I'll be able to post actions later tonight or tomorrow morning.

adamu
BlueRondo

Just so we're on the same page -
your IC post mentions "empty building nearby". Just so we're clear, the building you directed the prostitutes to is the same building you are in - a side entrance to the "lobby".
BlueRondo
Oops, I thought you were referring to a side door on some other building down the street (I wasn't sure how far away Trix was.)

Question: What does Carla see directly below the window? i.e.: is the crowd directly below her, or is there some open space?
MK Ultra
Allright, 6th CT misc rolls:

Initiative: 8
Surprise: 3 hits
Defense: 1 and 0 hits
Soak (Impact): 4 and 6 hits
Willpower: 1 and 1 hit
Will+Char: 1 and 3 hits
Perception: 5 hits, same in Detail or Distracted, unless I get more then -2 dice from Light, etc.

[ Spoiler ]

Are we still considdered to be in Combat or do I get my extra Free Action from Multitasking. Note that defining 'in combat' as every time Ini is rolled would render the mechanical effect of multitasking obsolate, because only then actions are counted.

My actions would be as follows:

Free Action - Text to Carla: Two @ One: Situation Outside? Your Position? Run or loot?
Free Action - Text to Team: Two @ Team: 1+ shedim each door! Search artisans 4 info?
Free Action* - Voice: SirRAMb0 @ Violet, Kayla, Ernst, Tiger & Stud: "You ok? Need help? Position?"

*If I don´t get an extra Free Action, I might use this one as a Simple or Free Action to run or do whatever, depending on what Conall & Etain do. If I do get an extra Free from Multitasking, I´ll just keep the Simple Action left to react on my teammates actions or Observe in Detail instead of not using an action to do so, though that wouldn´t chance the number of hits (see above).
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)

Question: What does Carla see directly below the window? i.e.: is the crowd directly below her, or is there some open space?

The street is obviously a lot wider with more places for people to flow to than the the bar, with its limited exits. People are running to and fro, getting into cars, or getting trampled.

The space directly below your window isn't exactly crowded as in packed with bodies, but there are people running through it a lot. I am not sure what exactly you want to know...if you want to go out the window, it shouldn't be too hard to time (NO ONE is suddenly coming OUT of the hotel! So you can see people coming...). If you are asking for some other reason, well, like I said, not packed, but lots of fast traffic.

If you need more info, let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012