Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
Good morning (evening) everyone - well, just logged in, and after starting with this little discussion, um, I suppose SUSPENSE would be an inadequate word to describe my feelings as I prepare to scroll down to see what mayhem our troll friend hath wrought!
adamu
All right, from the way you guys were going on I thought he'd hauled off and thrown one of them into a mirror or something.
Since I am being so predictable so far (so far....), hats off to Abbandon for NOT being predictable (and acting very much within the character he has established).

JDragon and Abbandon

Okay, it so much sucks not to have a tactical display to work with. Maybe as my computer skill improves I will learn how to post maps we can all refer to.

For now, well, the room is rectangular, but picture a clock. At 6 o'clock is the door you came in - glass, with plate glass windows on both sides. At 12 o'clock is the door the leaders and the girl came through. In the center of the clock is the small round table. The leader sits on his side, Louie facing him. The leader's main dude stands behind him, holding the elf girl.

Angelo is by the door. You guys are wherever you want between Angelo and Louie - but I assume sticking closer to Louie.

The other six orks are sitting around the room. At seven, nine, and ten o'clock they are in barber chairs.

DAMMIT - wasn't finished yet, and accidentally hit return. Stand by....
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
DAMMIT - wasn't finished yet, and accidentally hit return. Stand by....

lol
Konsaki
QUOTE (BlackHat)
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 6 2006, 06:23 PM)
DAMMIT - wasn't finished yet, and accidentally hit return.  Stand by....

lol

What is this, the fourth time Adamu has glitched on a posting roll?
adamu
JDragon and Abbandon
Continued.

7 has an automatic pistol he is trying to twirl cowboy style on his finger, but keeps almost dropping. 9 has a baseball bat, and he is ignoring everything trying to do that thing where you balance it upright on one finger. Sometimes it starts to get away from him, so he has to sort of lunge out of the chair to stay under it, which adds to everyone's tension level. 10 is cleaning his nails with a big knife.

at 4, 2, and 1 o'clock the last three are in regular chairs. 4 o'clock just popped a pill, while 2 and 1 were playing cards on a little table between their chairs, but now the cards are on the table and they're paying close attention.

The place is not real big six meters long by four wide. That makes it pretty tight for all 13 people in here. The ceilings aren't TOO low, but the hanging light fixtures could be a slight hazard for quickly moving trolls that aren't paying them enough attention.

JDragon
I guess that perception test was for your IC thing about looking for the best angle from which to protect Louie. Well, you see a lot of melee weapons, but the only gun you SEE is the one at 7, and it's pretty easy to stand between him and Louie.
adamu
JDragon and Abbandon

Well, can't say I KNOW what you guys are going to do now, but if it turns out that you wish to fight, well, I've already got J's initiative. Need that from Abbandon.

And a full round of general intentions, declared actions, and rolls for those actions, plus lots of reaction and soak (best include a mix of melee and ranged).
Konsaki
In the immortal words of the ever-loving Thing, "It's clobberin' time!"
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Here we go again. When I was planning the first post for the night of partying with Ian, I actuall HAD the birthday in mind, but somewhere along the line, I must have forgotten about it embarrassed.gif
Anyway, Iīll pretend it was all on purpose, to mention it later, so it has the feeling of drowning in work nyahnyah.gif

About the shrink. I was thinking along the same line, as you. I wouldnīt really have told them anything substantial -making the therapy quiet ineffective- my concern about trustworthyness was more about keeping the secret that Iīd consult a therapist at all. With that in mind, I wonīt. (I planned not to, from the beginning, unless the symptoms got much worst and I could draw the shrink inhouse on exclusive contract for RFS ... not likely for a star-councellor).
MK Ultra
Hehe, just finished catching up with all the IC. Really cool everyone! (canīt wait to see some 'teaser-lines' from DireRadiant again).

Oh and very collorfull NPCs everywhere (I might steal a lot of them to use at my local gaming round nyahnyah.gif)
adamu
Okay, new OOC thread is up.

Abbandon and JDragon please start using that.

DireRadiant and BlackHat - you two are now in 'regular play'. But as you are both in Third Wave, please keep your IC posts there for now. I think it will be easier. But move your OOC to the new thread. Your karma refreshes. Look for PMs from me to iron out some details.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Carla, First Wave

Adamu, now that Carla's parents' assets are frozen, should we establish exactly how much money Carla has of her own? I should also probably make some adjustments to my gear to reflect what Carla didn't take with her (like her car.)

BlueRondo

Your last IC post catapults you into the 'transition phase'. Your karma refreshes, and I will be PMing you soon about all those nitty gritty details and more. Just give me some time to get organized.

Things are really coming together now.
Vegas
Man, watching everyone transition and get into game play is making me itchy to keep this moving.

Congrats to you all that have made it so far smile.gif

Have I mentioned how much damn fun this is?
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Adamu, do you mean my edge refreshes?

Anyway, I'm very excited to see what you've got in store for me.
adamu
BlueRondo

Oh, yeah, EDGE refreshes. Sorry. Until SR4 edge was essentially called karma. My bad.
adamu
pragma

Okay, just want to make sure about a couple of things.

Slav's first name is Ivan?
Is he a dwarf or a human?

How much have you paid Slav to set you up with people? You were probably waiting on me for that. Let's say for a guy of his level, just a basic reference for something not illegal (university prof magic stuff) runs around Y100 and for something quasi-legal (off hours use of corp gear by a Lone Star technician) Y200. (Something REALLY illegal, like referring you to an assassin, would be up the scale to Y400 or Y500). Those are both bases - up or down changes effectiveness.

Now, paying for actual expert services. The prof, you are talking about a range of Y200 to Y2000 - depending on where you want to be between two extremes - Y200 he takes a look, thinks about for ten minutes or so, and gives you his expert opinion. Y2000 he does all sorts of tests, spends a few days poring through databases, puts some grad student lackeys on it, maybe discreetly consults some colleagues.

That should give you what you need to know to tell me what you are paying people.
adamu
Everyone

Late Saturday night here. Slightly tired, and well, I'll admit that at the moment slightly unmotivated. I owe some of you posts or PMs, notably MK and BR.

I will be doing a big session, minimum four hours, from 8 am to noon my time Monday morning. I won't leave the table until I am fully caught up on everybody, promise.

And if anyone happens to be online then, could be productive.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Slav is the only name Greg has for the human he's working with. The Ivan thing was one of my original ideas, but I changed the character halway through the post and lost track of the edits.

Costs:
(already mentioned the 500 nuyen.gif tip to the gang)
200 nuyen.gif for each reference from Slav
300 nuyen.gif tip to Slav
1000 nuyen.gif to each of the experts

Sorry about the confusion, got started megaposting then became sidetracked and didn't finish until this morning.

Edit: Also going to invest in some basic programs: Browse and Edit at rating 3. 600 nuyen.gif by my count ,but I don't have the RAW on hand, correct me if I'm wrong. Purchasing legally using SIN.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Hehe, just finished catching up with all the IC. Really cool everyone! (canīt wait to see some 'teaser-lines' from DireRadiant again).

Oh and very collorfull NPCs everywhere (I might steal a lot of them to use at my local gaming round nyahnyah.gif)

Carla - Ask not what the system can do for you, but what can you do to the system!
Electra - Out of the frying pan, into Hell's Kitchen, english style.
Greg - Finding that first job is the toughest, cause you have no references.
Warren - The dog is foaming inside.
Etain/Conall - When the masks are removed, what shall we find?
John - How long can he keep fooling himself?
Angus - Barbershop Duo is about to sing,
Adam - Just what would he do for the money?
Caittie - Amazing what a little shopping and a little shooting will do to make the world... right...
Jonathan - Guileless, and clueless.
Harriet - Time to go UP in the world, so why does it feel like going down.

ask and ye shall recieve.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Since There is no more secrecy, the next task will not be the IMU, but the swaying of the politicos.

Getting approval somehow from UCAS and CAS legislators who are under pressure from NAN interests to block the move 15

The reasen I want to do this first, is to make it look like the technical law-side of the deal is but a formality (it IS kind of, to John wink.gif). Of course while handling the NAN task, the technical side should allready be painted like it wonīt be a problem. We also should do the big media hype, that we are doing this FOR AMERICA at this point - probably this kind of media work has allready started, when Vogel first drew light to these operations.
I guess this is more politing then the other tasks, still there are probably some bilateral or multilateral treaties (including the treaty of danver), that can be used to our advantage - basically saying what the UCAS/CAS do on their territory without spillover (and I doubt ther will be much -if any- of it) into NAN-territory is not the NANīs business. The main point however, will be to drive home this message to the people. It had allways anoyed people, when the NAN was maddling into UCAS/CAS politics and this sentiment probably still is on a high, with 'almost-war' less then 6 years ago.
I want to ride this wave a bit, but not to the point of alienating Horrizon (we still need them in the corporate court), but more in a mutual 'donīt maddle with our internal politics and we donīt maddle with yours'-way. I also asume, NeoNET is doing what they can, to sugger this whole deal for the NAN so they take some pressure off the UCAS and CAS. I.e. offering good deals for the operations mineral ressources to the PCC - possibly through Horrizon. Also offering to open up factories -not necessarily related to the minig operations- in the NAN, which will provide many jobs - which the PCC would be craving for after absorbing the economically dead Ute-Nation. The UCAS/CAS will get a big part of the action -in addition to the jobs and taxes from the Apalachian Alliance itself- as well, of course.
Besides all that, I will naturally try to gain an even better link to the three UCAS Senators and the new CEO of the Apalachian Alliance, as well as other politicos - maybe some suport can also be gained from Daviar & Knight, we are trying to advance the american economy, after all - this Ares support may also be easyer to attain by giving them some nice dear, as well.

BTW: Before the master-plan is revealed, Iīll give some portfolio-tips to friends, relatives and contacts (Guadalupe, Ramsey and co, too). AFAIK, this is no 'insider deal' in the criminal sense, because I donīt have insiderknowledge knowledge about the companies involved, just about NeoNETīs plans for them. However, I will only do this, when Iīm sure, that A, it is not illigal (or I know a secure loop-hole - could make a roll) and B it dosnīt adversely effect NeoNETīs plans (meaning, Lanier wonīt kill me for it). For the later one, I might even ask Lanier for approval (it will further our goles by getting me favores from the Senators and others, after all) and then, Iīm quiet sure, he will approve it, as he said 'anything I need'.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, unions on the backburner. I will put my own work on the union leadership on hold as well. Remind me you want that info when we get into that problem.

Another well thought out strategy for your next task. So that is a +2 on that task just for the plan.

The stock tips are fine. Lanier is cool with it. You can protect yourself legally.

I don't have any particular IC plans for this problem. If you want to go right into the rolls, fine. If you want to do something else, that's cool, too, but I would like to keep things moving - lots of problems ahead and other things in the future.
Vegas
Etain - Second Wave

Physical Mask:
Magic (4) + Spellcasting (4) + Moon Maiden (2) = 10 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] Hits:5

Drain: (Force 4/2) +1 = 3
WP (4) + Logic (4) = 8 dice
[6] 2 [5] [6] 2 4 1 [6] Hits:4
adamu
pragma

Okay, don't know if you want to do more investigating or not. If not, let me know, and we will move you ASAP up to a job offer from the Slav.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Awesome post. Now get yourself into the Squeeze and I'll be back with you. Thanks.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

More or less done with investigating for now. I don't have enough feelers or cash to go too much further. Moving on to the job offer sounds good.

Edit: Going with browse and edit 4 (not 3), by the by. Closer to the cost I was looking for.
adamu
Vegas/Mister Juan

Okay, you have put Conall there with you. You mentioned in an earlier post that he would not be going in costume. I'll assume he dresses in something modern but traditional-Tir enough to not totally clash with the Isolde image.

How about one more short post of enjoying the party. During this time, Conall needs to get totally disgusted with something or other and storm off alone on a brooding walk.

If Mister Juan has a chance to get a post to that effect up by the time Vegas gets the party post up, cool. If not, I will insert just that much myself.

Then I will have things start to happen. That'll be mostly Vegas at first, but then at some point we will indeed need Mister Juan to continue.
Vegas
Etain - Second Wave

Heh, Etain never promised Conall he wouldn't have to wear a costume, just promised he wouldn't have to wear something "silly" nyahnyah.gif

*laughs*

I can't wait! This is just awesome. Who ever thought I'd be looking forward to a character of mine on the brink of losing EVERYTHING?!?! I'm almost "squeee"ing with fangirl excitement over here nyahnyah.gif
adamu
BlackHat

Dude, I could use a con test to see how well he buys your "I care about the cause line." In any case, he says what he says. Ask any questions you like, and we shall proceed to the 17th as soon as you are ready.

I never really got a FINAL answer from you on a street name. Obviously you are free to vary it during play all you want, but what should I start heading posts with? Smith? Mr. Smith?
BlackHat
Con test = [2] [5] [1] [2] [4] [6] [5] [3] = 3 hits

Though, to be fair, Adam won't go too far out of his way to "act" sincere. He wants to help, but not because he believes in the cause - he knows the Earthens know he eats meat and all that jazz. His reasons for wanting to help don't really involve him believing in their cause - but I suspect they might preclude him from helping if they question his motivations.

His real motivations are A) they are his friends (sort of), B) they are another source of potential contacts and income down the line, and C) keep you friends close, and your enemies closer. biggrin.gif

His response helped explain that he doesn't know as much as Adam thought he knew - but Adam still wouldn't mind keeping tabs on the kinds of guys these guys are connected with.

Anyways, off to IC post.
BlackHat
Oh yeah, and as for the name "Mr. Smith" will suffice for now. biggrin.gif Might change it up in play down the road, but since I'm not officially doing "Shadowrun" work, I don't think Adam needs a flashy handle just yet.
adamu
BlackHat

I forgot myself, but as I mentioned earlier, let's move keep you and DireRadiant on Third Wave for IC, but move to the Up from the Bottom OOC thread. I'm gonna post for you there right now.
adamu
pragma

Last thing I want to do is rush you, but just since I notice you are online, have you checked your PMs? Just want to make sure we are not waiting for each other.
pragma
Greg

Checked PMs, ICed biologist. Sorry for the delay, I think we were waiting on one another for a little bit.

For sanity's sake I'm going to leave my posts as they are now until you've responded. However, after that there may be some edits to restore chronological order.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Iīll try to put up a timespanning post tonight - or else tomorrow. Here come the rolls for the NAN-task. I collected +3d6 from the UCAS-Senators and +1d6 from the new Appalachian CEO before, so thatīs a cool +6d6 including the strategy-bonus.
If possible, Iīd like to use the media-hype and juggling of international treaties, to gain some more bonus dice for the upcomming IMU-task and the task to reconcile trade regulations and differences in UCAS & CAS anti-trust laws (the strategy was designed to make the later one easyer in the first place). The strategy was also designed to make the two small, single anti-trust tasks easyer, if necessarry, Iīd invest extrahits to gain extradixe for these, the two big tasks are more important, however.
adamu
MK Ultra

Fine - every two extra hits you accumulate for yourself is +1 die on another task. Roll and let me know at what date you are satisfied you have enough successes and let me know what date that is. Then let me know which task you are planning next and some more stuff will start to happen.

Manolo seems placated, but he's no fool. See IC post....
adamu
pragma

As jumbled as they are, I THINK the timestamps make sense. Best a little Tarantino-style time jumbling rather than go through a ton more post cycles to get all your stuff done.
MK Ultra
So here are the rolls (I included another Moral-roll for Manolo, just in case you could use one).

[ Spoiler ]

So without any bonus hits, the task would be finished at noon on thursday, 3rd.

EDIT: I just read your OOC and did another extra-week. Iīll use the 16 hits to put +4d6 on the UCAS/CAS-task and +4d6 on the IMU task. that way, Iīll be done on April, 20th.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, but, so, do you take the bonus hits, or finish on the third? Let me know what day you finish on and with how many bonus hits --> bonus dice.
(I think we cross posted.)

Nice morale roll. Manolo is still a little down on the 15th, but by the 16th he tells you he's thought about things and decided he wants to back you 100%.
MK Ultra
Yeah, we even double-cross-posted, I was editing my post during your last one nyahnyah.gif
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, April 20 it is. You keep track of the bonus dice. NAN thing is a political battle well won. IC post that as you wish. Then give me an OOC strategy on the next task - I know you already did, so just a summary or simply quote it to refresh my memory (got a lot going on right now). And kick it off with a small IC post if you want. But this next one will involve more than die-rolling.
Cedric Rolfsson
Adamu, did I miss a response post for Jonathan? I've been in trial for two days, and lost which sucks, and missed a bunch of posts. I know I've been inconsistent, I'll try and get back on track.
adamu
Cedric

Yeah, you are definitely up. Boards have been busy, but there is definitely a post for you in there. Very glad to have you with us.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ok, time-spanning post is up. As stated,next up will be the IMU-task, but the strategy I put up earlyer is no longer eligable. So my new plan is to first anounce that the AA will not have any labour union, this being a relict of the past (itīs even forbidden by many employers) and the IMU is the last dinosaure hindering individual sollutions for workers, blah, blah. Then weīll go to the negotiation table and make 'concessions' - the AAīs own seperate union with some representatives from the IMU (few enough, so they donīt have any real power), etc..

Iīd like to have some more information on the IMU and/or itīs leadership and powers behind the throne. Then I might come up with something more elaborate. Iīll try to get up a starting IC and the rolls by tonight.
adamu
Vegas

I hated even writing that. But it is the HITTING BOTTOM thread.

I sense an angry confrontation coming. Or not - up to you. But at some point, storming off into the night alone would be quite nice....
Mister Juan
adamu

I know one shaman who's going to be pissed off, yet rather smug. All he was in need of was an excuse. Now he has it.
Vegas
Adamu

OMG! Don't hate having to write that, that was AWESOME! smile.gif Totally wasn't expecting that at ALL.

Hope the post covers all your railroading...er orchestrating well enough wink.gif
MK Ultra
2nd wave; John

Here are the rolls for the next extended test (IMU-Task). So far I collected +6d6. If any other modifires apply for strategy or upcomming IC we can cut the last dice results or roll additional dice afterwards. Iīd like to get some more leverage against UCAS Steel, as stated IC, Iīd spend up to 6 extrahits for additional dice.

[ Spoiler ]

So task would be done in the second week or in the third if collecting bonusdice against UCAS Steel is possible. Now waiting for the things you said will happen.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (adamu)
Ankle Biter

Awesome post. Now get yourself into the Squeeze and I'll be back with you. Thanks.

first Wave - Electra

Refresh me, what date would you like me to end my Squeeze setup on? You said a couple of weeks, but I would rather not accidentally jump too far ahead of the up from the bottom lot.

I am assuming that your are taking up the RP again with Trevor contacting me, if you could give me a hint as to where we finally meet, I can take Electra up to that point / to that place.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

I didn't name a specific address for Carla's grandmother because (1) I don't know Seattle myself, and (2) I didn't know if there was a specific area of town that you need Carla to be living in. So if there's a specific address (or general area) that would be most convenient for the story, please let me know.
DireRadiant
odds are someone near Carls Coffins will need medical attention "real soon now"
Konsaki
I hope you know how to perform medical aid on trolls. vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012