Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
I made a Perception test (6, 6, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2 = 3 hits) to see if Carla notices his entrance.
Mister Juan
Adamu
Forgot about something! Before Conall leaves his motel room, he's going to get himself a spirit for the night, and cast/sustain-via-focus, Combat Sense.

Combat Sense (sustained via Force 4 Focus)
Force 4
Rolls:5,5,4,4,3,2,1,6
Hits: 3
Drain: 4S
Rolls:6,5,1,5,6,1,5,2,2
Hits: 5
No Drain

Conjuring Beast Spirit
Force 4 (optional power: Confusion)
Rolls:2,4,5,1,2,6,3,5
Hits: 3
Spirit's Rolls6,4,1,3
Hits: 1
Drain: 2S
Rolls:4,5,3,1,3,5,4,2,3
Hits: 2
No drain
Mister Juan
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
I made a Perception test (6, 6, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2 = 3 hits) to see if Carla notices his entrance.

Well, Conall isn't trying to be subtle in any ways... and how he's dress should clash a lot with the surrounding patrons. My guess would be you'd notice him as soon as he thru the door.
BlueRondo
Sorry I kind of rushed through Carla and Conall's first meeting. I wanted to get back to the table as quickly as possible so MK wouldn't be left out in the cold.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Sorry I kind of rushed through Carla and Conall's first meeting. I wanted to get back to the table as quickly as possible so MK wouldn't be left out in the cold.

Thats cool with me! If it's in character, I so nothing wrong with it. Conall isn't the type to do much conversation with people he doesn't really know... especially non elves wink.gif
MK Ultra
Will take me a bit to catch up on the IC, but I´ve got some time tonight and should get up a reply by then.

EDIT: Mister Juan, just read your entrance scene and if I´d been drinking something at that moment, I´d have spilled it all over the keyboard. Real fun biggrin.gif
John´s more of a HumanNation-style racist -all smiles and evil conspiracies- but he´ll find Conell´s atitude really refreshing smile.gif
adamu
Mister Juan

Obviously in RL a hotel is a lot more expensive than an apartment, but all I care about is living conditions. For the place you have described, if you stay there it is low lifestyle (of course, that will also condemn you to eating soy food all the time) - so just pay Y2,000 and you are done until September. If you move up to a nicer hotel, then you are likewise moving up to a middle or high lifestyle. Either way, you should pay for August at some point.
MK Ultra
Adamu Here are some rolls, I couldn´t make at work.
1.&2. To check if I can identify Conell´s Com (which was still on and probably active, judging from the spam attack, but at least passive or hidden) since it´s that which was added to the list, when he entered and went offline, when he shut his down. 6 & 5 hits

3. to listen in on Conell´s & Carla´s conversation. 6 hits
Remember I´ve got selec sound filter IV & Damper

4. to get a good look at the new-commer (looking for weapons, armor, ... the whole programm). 5 hits

5. to get a grip of what he thinks about me and if he´s on board with us - I guess I´m really uncertain, as posted IC. 1 hit

6. to not make me look bad or unsympathic for my excessive secrecy. 4 hits

Here are the rolls in detail. As usual, apply modifires as you see fit.
[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Hey MK, MJ had posted that Conall turned off his comm after the "spam" attack. Just a heads up. biggrin.gif

Adamu, I have about 3 more minutes of alertness in me before I faceplant into my keyboard and I have a birthday party to go to tonight, so I need my sleep. Expect a post from me later tonight/this afternoon after a couple hours of sleep.
MK Ultra
I know that it is now offline. That scene was the one hint to find out which is his, that I mentioned. But unless he´s got a spoove-program or bogus-ID-chip, I´d hev his IP.

EDIT: Adamu any chance I notice the cyberarm now (asuming it was the right -I don´t remember- and Carla is offering me the correct hand), by RAW it´s obvious to the touch. If not, that´s fine, too. If possible, here´s the roll -7 or 5 hits.
[ Spoiler ]

EDIT2: Oh, and since RB mentioned it. I´d throw in a JudgeIntentions (see spoiler) to see how she feels about me.
BlueRondo
Yeah, that's her right hand, but keep in mind that she's wearing a (fairly thin) glove.
MK Ultra
Me, too, so that´s probably worth some dice, which makes it more like 4 to 6 hits or so.
adamu
Well, MK certainly has got me frantically comparing concealment ratings and sensory enhancements and die rolls and gear lists and tracing back through the IC posts with a fine-toothed comb.

But here are the results of your perception checks - and if I have anything here that someone thinks is wrong, please speak up.

Yes, you have IDed his comm - although now it is OFF. He only had it on for a brief moment, but your number of successes, plus the fact that you would be looking at him when he came in, plus you had already catalogued all the other nodes in the diner and the RAW says you scan works to identify new nodes.

Yes, you definitely heard their entire conversation.

Although the newcomer's jacket is very expensive and even real wool, you do note that it is (very discreetly) well armored (MJ I assumed that you make a general habit of wearing your armor jacket, especially on biz. but if the jacket you described is just "clothing" then please let me know.)
You also notice earbuds and contacts. And you notice that he appears to be wearing a necklace or something - a strap or thong or chain or something peeks out from his shirt collar, but what may be hanging from it you haven't a clue.

As for his attitude towards you, he is a total poker face - you have no idea.

Mister Juan and BlueRondo - please note when reacting to MK's weird behavior that he got four successes on an etiquette test to not come off as a total creep.

And finally - the never-ending quest for the cyberarm. I wanted to point to your complete lack of a cybertechnology skill, but the RAW says it is merely interchangeable with Perception. And you are right that the visual threshhold is 3, but the arm IS totally covered...
As for touch, I am ruling that is about texture of the skin, not the feel of the grip, so the gloves cover that.

Still, your number of successes is so high - and there is a clincher that I am not sure is public knowledge so I won't go into it -

Long story short - this is a BIG SECRET of Carla's, but I will rule that when you shake her hand you get a sense that there is SOMETHING cybernetic going on - but you don't know whether it is the whole arm, or something just in the hand, or what - it is almost just a hunch.
BlueRondo
If it helps, Carla's got a shock hand with electrodes implanted at the fingertips, so it's possible that he might be feeling some pressure from those
adamu
That's the clincher I wasn't sure anyone knew about - although I guess it has been used in combat in the fight in the clinic.

Anyway, yeah, that's what I was thinking he probably felt.
MK Ultra
Mister Juan just for fluff, did Conell shake John´s offered hand or not?

EDIT: Adamu
I´m trying to see what Conell writes on that napkin, preferably without him noticing. Maybe you could make a palming roll, to set a threshhold for me (and any other possible onlookers) Mister Juan. To notice me spying on your writing, you´d only have to get 2 hits on a perception test - though you are probbaly distracted.
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Mister Juan just for fluff, did Conell shake John´s offered hand or not?

No, he didn't. But it was mainly because we was busy looking else where... but he could have been ignoring John wink.gif
MK Ultra
Good to know for the Takes I´m planing to post on the wiki shortly nyahnyah.gif

Take a look at the post above, I edited it.
Mister Juan
Well, Conall isn't trying to conceal what he's doing, so spotting the number isn't hard at all... if you can read his handwriting, upside down, in tiny little numbers wink.gif

Anyways,
Perception
Hits:3
Vegas
Casting Fashion, force 4
Magic (5) + Spellcasting (5) + Low Pain Tollerance (-1) = 9 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] Hits:4
Drain Resist (4/2) = 2
WP (4) + Charisma (5) = 9 dice
[5] 1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 Hits:5
No Drain
Mister Juan
Sorry for the little timewarp there, but Conall would definitly jump in before John has time to speak.
MK Ultra
A´ight, so he´d notice that the spook is spying on his com-code - or just looking what he does there. Reading it shouldn´t be a problem with some image-doctoring of the recording smile.gif

I´ll try to put up my takes later tonight - unless you guys shoot me 2 new IC posts I want to react to, again and 2 others while I´m reacting to the first 2 biggrin.gif

Vegas Fashion rocks smile.gif
MK Ultra
No problem, I´ll make some rolls and edit if necessary biggrin.gif

EDIT: Composure Roll went well, so John´s going to say his peace unaltered and compleatly unfazed - unless you want to throw some Intimidation-dice my way, in which case I´ll make a roll to resist.

For the Protocoll
[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
Got to get some sleep, so I´m fiering up my next sentence to Conell right away as a preview here. If it dosn´t fit your posts I´ll change it acordingly

Mag´s Place, near Sea-Tac International Airport, Perimeter Road, Seattle, Sea-Tac
Monday 08/04/70 21:43:20
Krait - Meeting Ms. Johnson
PAN Icon offline, Custom hidden, Moai passive

Krait: "So, are you going to hit my face or are we going to get a beer? Both? Neither?"
BlueRondo
First Wave, Carla

Do you want me to roll Survival or Navigation or anything like that for getting back home safely, Adamu?

Here are some rolls, just in case:

Survivial (-1) + Will (4): 3 dice: 6, 3, 2 = 1 hit.
Navigation (2) + Int (4): 6 dice: 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 2 = 1 hit.
MK Ultra
Adamu, I´ll try to identify the wifi-node of Conell´s bike as he leaves (if it is sending). As well, I´ll try to identify Carla´s com - though this probably won´t work well, since she is leaving by foot and thus slowly, it should narrow down the number of possible candidates, so I can more easily ID it next time.
The perception test is to watch if somebody seems to follow them out.

[ Spoiler ]

MisterJuan & BlueRondo

To see how sure John is with the judgement of your characters, I´ll make two rolls to resist con. They are not meant to manipulate your PCs in any way, just fluff for my Takes - unless any of you actually tryed to con me (which I´m not aware of), in this case, now would be the time to make a roll, if it hadn´t been done with Adamu in private, yet.
The rolls are 6 hits for Carla, 4 hits for Conell.

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: BlueRondo, did you give the credstick with your contact-date back to me yet?

The text on it is the following, by the way:

My Streetname is Krait, just for references, but please keep calling me Frank in public and just chummer, pal or mate on the com. You can reach me via voicemail under BlueBeard@BloodyFloor or post under the lable Marry-Jane @ ApeScape (the password is Spindelmannen), my handle there is Thade.
BTW I also provide more mundane technical services like electronics modifications, upgrades and repair for negotiatable fares.
BlueRondo
MK Ultra

Carla gave Krait the credstick shortly after slotting it, and she uploaded her own commcode so Krait could contact her.

As for cons, Carla is trying to make a good first impression, but I wouldn't say she was deliberately deceiving Krait in any way.
MK Ultra
Put up my Takes on the wiki.
BlueRondo
Do either you or Mr. Juan have anything to do until the next day? I wouldn't mind fast-forwarding to the drop-ff, but I suppose we should wait for Adamu's input (and I still need to know if Carla can get home safely.)
MK Ultra
I intended to do some datasearch and possibly legwork. So I´d prefer to wait (I´ll put the actual requests and rolls up tomorow, our GM dosn´t work ... er, post on sundays anyway).
I don´t think anything will hapen to Carla on her way home, but who knows, maybe you get another shedim-attack and are saved by Los Locos or whatever nyahnyah.gif
Or St. Pier pays Carla another visite at night, because he discovered his love.gif for her wink.gif

EDIT: But if you wan´t to procede, go for it, the worst thing that can happen is that we do a 20 pages IC conversation and have to edit everything because Adamu tells us, we are all dead before sunrise biggrin.gif

EDIT2: Anyway, I´m offline for a few (I WANT A SLEEP REGULATOR IN RL!!!)
MK Ultra
Adamu

Unless you have planed for anything else to hapen at Meg´s Place, ~5 minutes after the others, after I´ve drained my beer (and whiped the rim again), I´ll get off through the back-door over a wall or fence, down some trail on my rented bike, to one of the waiting taxies, then up into the heart of downtown or another relatively secure neighborhood, to some coffin-club by foot (they are heavily warded) -preferably one in a hotel-building- where I´ll get myself a coffin, to conduct my datasearch for 1-3 hours and hang out on some chats or boards, while I´m waiting. Unless anything unexpected turns up, I´ll have some nice, non-alcoholic cocktail in a hotel-bar afterwards and then go home to get some sleep and have my suit cleaned.
[ Spoiler ]

Datasearch 08/04/70: Since time is not of the essence, I´ll buy successes for the datasearch (2 hits/minute, max per topic 22 hits in 11 minutes)
Sanctuary of St. Ignatius church (closest to Meg´s place if more then 1 exist in Seattle). Beyond it´s location, I´m especially interested in it´s staff (including pictures, if possible, with individual background checks) and wether it´s name refers to Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Society of Jesus aka the Jesuites) or Ignatius of Antiochia, as well as any patrons of the parish (is it catholic, orthodox or whatever? supported by any specific order, a corp, npo, foundation or wealthy individual? ...). Of course it would be interesting, if I find out about any nun, that vanished roughly a month ago.
Once I´ve got the location, I´ll also start a datasearch on the neighborhood: Lonestar-Security-Rating & response time of the whole list of services (cops, medics, firefighters, taxi, pizza, ...), any publically known reported crimes, special locations, gangs & organized crime (including activities, turf, Leaders & membership), standard of living, predominant metatype and ethnicity, prominent residents, vacant apartments & jobs, any linked news-items, any unusual incidents, ... .
Everything about any 'Doctor' with any link to this neighborhood, one of it´s residents or the church itself.
I´ll also try to find out anything about Paddy & Ms Johnson, though this probably won´t turn up anything usefull, yet.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Do either you or Mr. Juan have anything to do until the next day? I wouldn't mind fast-forwarding to the drop-ff, but I suppose we should wait for Adamu's input (and I still need to know if Carla can get home safely.)

I don't have anything "important" planned for Conall. He's going to roam around a little bit on his bike, still trying to get acustomed to it, go back to his crappy motel, workout, read, and sleep. Thats pretty much it.
adamu
Okay -

Looks like you guys handled the napkin thing on your own.

MK - I am going to rule that your Crisis Management skill applies to managing - as in, handling other people/organizations in crisis situations. You could definitely use it as a complementary skill for Leadership tests during combat or other tight situations. It does not apply to resisting the fear of someone obviously physically tougher than you beating you up, or any other personal crisis.

BR - thanks for the rolls on getting home. They neighborhood (until you get to YOUR neighborhood) is not bad enough to need Survival skill (that is more of a natural hazards kinda thing), and you already know the way, so no need for Navigation. What I would like is a Perception test (mostly visual), and then I will do an IC for your walk home.

MK - as for spotting the node of Conall's bike - I think we should put that off for now. There will be plenty of other opportunities for you to get it, and for now I am not even sure if he has the node active or not. One of these days soon I am going to ask for each player to send me a detailed explanation of all their wifi connectivity (not now, please - later, when I am ready), and once I have that in hand, we can get into that level of detail on other people's nodes if you want to.

No one looking for tails notices any.

MK - I am going to handle the results of your data searches in an IC post, but probably not tonight. Top of my list...

If I missed anything, let me know.

And great job on the meet everyone - all I had to do was sit back and enjoy!

BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Here's a perception roll

Int (4) + Perception (3) = 7 dice: 6, 5, 3, 6, 1, 6, 3 = 4 hits.

(Carla has low-light vision on her glasses, so I assume the night-time setting doesn't apply any negative modifiers.)
MK Ultra
All cool smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, except one thing. John allways notices Tails - thoug they are not nececarily realy following him nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
Adamu
Quick question: could Conall purchase visual enchancements for his biking helmet?
adamu
Mister Juan

No problem at all. Though it might be cheaper just to buy a new helmet. Except for a smartlink (which I doubt you want), all that stuff should be totally legal - if not ENCOURAGED for drivers. Shop online for same-day delivery. Or if you want to test it out, the public directory will direct you to any number of electronic, optics, or bike shops more than happy to meet your needs.
Installing in your helmet is book price plus 20%.
Buying new helmet is book price, plus basic cost of new helmet.
Everything can be done in an hour or less.
adamu
MK Ultra...and everyone, really

Okay, before I start writing my planned IC post on the results of your latest data search, let me share some thoughts. It is sort of a combination rules ruling/reality check.

The SR4 rules for data searching, combined with the new Extended Test mechanic, pretty much make it possible for anyone with a minimal Data Search skill and Browse program to rack up a freaking unlimited number of successes - or at least more than the max on any legwork chart in any previous edition of the game - within an hour.

On one hand, this is a good thing, because it's pretty much a reflection of what even computer-illiterate ME can do today, so imagine the seach engines and databases of 2070. So the game would simply implausible otherwise.

On the other hand, there are two points - game balance and playability.

For game balance, one thing I have tried and will continue to do is to say there is only so much you can get from this sort of search. That since it doesn't involve hacking, you can only get whatever is out there on publicly accessible databases - though even today that is a gargantuous pool of info. That even in the new wireless world, there are a lot of things people just don't put out there for the world to see, especially since they know how universally accessible it will instantly become.
In addition to these, I also am going to say that the Data Search action, dependent as it is on the Browse program, does not include actually directly communicating with other Matrix denizens - for one thing a single conversation could take as long as the whole search. A Data Search might point you in the direction of the right people to talk to...
Further, because the Data Search action is so powerful, I have to insist on each single search being more narrow in scope. This is just for game terms results. Naturally fluff-wise you can say I am searching X and at the same time cross-referencing related Y and Z fields. But in terms of Data Search X minutes, I need narrow topics - if for no other reason than that while the computer can find the info, the human still has to sift through it. Once I started thinking about that, I decided these sorts of limitations were definitely reasonable.

So, just to use one part of MK's recent data search as an example, a search on the church might get the names of the staff, but the background checks on each member are all separate Data Searches. To be fair, upon rereading the post, based on 11-minute searches, I think you did intend for each of those to be separate searches. Whatever, just laying out my thoughts for future reference.

Then, as for playability - maybe if this was tabletop, but sitting and typing at the end of the day - or even on Saturday - I just don't have time to get into that level of detail. So for things like pizza delivery times (which I can totally see a use for, and which you could certainly assimilate with your photographic memory), a lot of that I will have to just say - cool, you got that info.

The problem with that is that if I do point something out, then it is more obviously a clue - whereas I like to hide the clues in a blitz of meaningless info - but that is my problem, not yours.

Okay, that is what is on my mind about Data Searches right now. I think that even with these limitations, it remains an incredibly powerful tool for players, considering its relative speed and ease, and the fact that there really is a LOT of information out there to be had.

So what I will do next is an OOC post summarizing your findings, and then an IC post for the slightly more interesting stuff.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)

Datasearch 08/04/70: Since time is not of the essence, I´ll buy successes for the datasearch (2 hits/minute, max per topic 22 hits in 11 minutes)
Sanctuary of St. Ignatius church (closest to Meg´s place if more then 1 exist in Seattle). Beyond it´s location, I´m especially interested in it´s staff (including pictures, if possible, with individual background checks) and wether it´s name refers to Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Society of Jesus aka the Jesuites) or Ignatius of Antiochia, as well as any patrons of the parish (is it catholic, orthodox or whatever? supported by any specific order, a corp, npo, foundation or wealthy individual? ...). Of course it would be interesting, if I find out about any nun, that vanished roughly a month ago.
Once I´ve got the location, I´ll also start a datasearch on the neighborhood: Lonestar-Security-Rating & response time of the whole list of services (cops, medics, firefighters, taxi, pizza, ...), any publically known reported crimes, special locations, gangs & organized crime (including activities, turf, Leaders & membership), standard of living, predominant metatype and ethnicity, prominent residents, vacant apartments & jobs, any linked news-items, any unusual incidents, ... .
Everything about any 'Doctor' with any link to this neighborhood, one of it´s residents or the church itself.
I´ll also try to find out anything about Paddy & Ms Johnson, though this probably won´t turn up anything usefull, yet.

Okay - the church - named after the Jesuit guy. Lots of information locked up at the Diocese database, and at that level the Catholics don't mess around. But the church has a public site, and you get the full names of Father Ortiz and Padre Cardoza. Like a lot of Hispanic/Latino - sorry, don't know the PC term for this year - Catholics, they have about ten given names. If you care, you can fill them in. You can turn up their graduation dates from seminary and various other bio factoids, but you see no sign of scandal or anything. Both are from Columbia. There is nothing public on the nuns - your 2070 cultural awareness tells you that is for their protection.
You can easily see that these guys are very busy with trying to help the Parish, which is in a sorry state (see below). One of the things that Cardoza does is run a free clinic out of the church basement. Based on what you've been told, you can guess that is where your Johnson works, but there is absolutely no mention of her in reference to the church or the clinic. More on that in the IC post.
Tithes are virtually non-existent, but the Diocese subsidizes the church modestly. See IC post for more info on the church's sponsorship.

Neighborhood listed by Lone Star as C, although with the campaign underway and KE flacks trying to throw mud in Lone Star's face, there is a LOT of talk about rating inflation. And it's not just the Barrens - a lot of people (one can only guess their sponsorship) talk about how there are numerous pockets all around the city that are effectively mini E zones where Lone Star merely practices "containment", making sure the shit doesn't spill out and mess up the larger, higher-rated neighborhood. The neighborhood surrounding the church is one such area.

The neighborhood is almost entirely Hispanic, and largely Spanish-speaking. Mostly SINless. Plagued by the usual alcohol, drug and illegitimacy problems one finds in all the world's slums.

The closest thing to law enforcement in there is the Los Locos gang, led by a French troll named St. Pierre, who tried and failed to break into the semi-pro mixed martial arts circuit. But their brand of law enforcement is more turf protection than anything else. The gang was implicated in the slaughter of an uptown elf woman, her baby, and a Doc Wagon team several months ago, but when you try to track down the case disposition you run across a lot of Lone Star GridSec warnings and what appears to be a media blackout.

The local blogs referred to in the IC post claim that Los Locos had nothing to do with that attack, that they were framed, that the actual attackers were Aztechnology Jaguar Guards, FBI agents, a number of rival gangs, free spirits, and out of town mercs.

Doc Wagon only responds to this neighborhood for Platinum contract holders. Pizza does not deliver. Lone Star police response is officially two minutes, but you can find no evidence that any cops have set foot in the place since the Doc Wagon incident.
See IC post for a bit more info.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Here's a Spanish roll for the ensuing conversation

Int (4) + Spanish (2) + Latin/2 (2) = 8 dice: 4, 2, 6, 5, 6, 5, 2, 3 = 4 hits
MK Ultra
Adamu

I´m totally on your side with the limitations on datasearch. Unless searching a private database previously hacked into, the data gathered from it won´t be any big secret (most of the time). And I always understood that Datasearch includes no talking to people at all (at least most of the time). I also did expect to do a different search in game-terms for each bg-check. And I fully expected to receive a lot of information in abstracted form - i.e. instead of response-times for each service, simply saying that response is quick, would be fine, as long as I have the detailed information, say for pizza, at my fingertips, in case I need it.

However, there is one mechanic limitation of DS in the rules. That is, the number of rolls for an extended test is limited by the number of dice in the pool (or was that actually an optional or house rule?). This means, that for 16 hits (which the book sugests for very obscure details) a pool of 8 dice minimum is needed if you want to buy successes (and nobody would bother to make 30 rolls if the 5 searches conducted aren´t verry verry important)! So yes, any decent hacker and any user of a highpowered com, agent and brows (let me tell you it costs a lot of cash wink.gif) gets enough hits most of the time, but 'normal' people don´t!
Also, you can apply negative dice-modifires for hard to find data, further limiting the number of people abled to find the info.

EDIT:
The information is all cool, but there is one item I missed, because it would influence how I´m going to aproach the hood.
Can I find out anything about the main activities of Los Locos? Do they deal, steal, pimp, whatever? And do they have any biases (especially against elves or non-latinos)?!
I´d like to get word from 'Someone-They-Know', that I can get 'so-and-so'* from 'Default-LosLocos-Member', so I can go thair and say: "Are you 'DLM'? 'STK' said you can get me 'SAS'!" I´d spend up to 4 hours (possibly more, if necesarry, but preferably less) trying to do so via asking around in chats, on boards, etc.)**.

*Preferably something unrestricted, like used armored clothing, taser-darts or other stuff (which is probably stolen, but it´s no crime to buy, as long as I don´t know - besides, I probably won´t buy, at least not yet). Mildly restricted stuff, if they don´t deal in anything else.
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Adamu
If you need anything else from me, just say so. Conall isn't going to upgrade his helmet quite yet... and he doesn't have much else to do. I didn't post ahead to the next day because I wasn't sure I could.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Carla, First Wave

Here's a Spanish roll for the ensuing conversation

Int (4) + Spanish (2) + Latin/2 (2) = 8 dice: 4, 2, 6, 5, 6, 5, 2, 3 = 4 hits

Looks like you have no trouble talking to them, even with their gutter Spanish.
adamu
MK Ultra

They mostly deal low-grade (likely Seattle-manufactured) drugs. Considering the neighborhood's obviously strong ties to Colombia, you are surprised to find no Ghost Cartel connections (although obviously that doesn't prove their aren't any).
In fact, you find no connections between Los Locos and any other criminal organizations higher up the food chain.

For all that, they are very insular and very small time. Most of their energy is spent defending their turf (in other words, their tiny monopoly on drugs and whores in their neighborhood).

They pimp the women of the neighborhood. They used to shake down merchants for protection, but the local economy couldn't support it and they ended up driving what few local enterprises there were out of business.

Of course they are all good Catholics.

You can find someone on a chat board called Belinda, but you have to use a translation program to write to her - no problem - text only translators are of course free on the Matrix. She quickly can tell that you are using a machine translation, and turns pretty cold. With your great charisma and all that you can get her talking again, but even after SHE starts to trust you, she tells you that you'll never be able to do a deal with a Los Locos unless you speak Spanish. But she tells you to ask for Big Paco if you really are stupid enough to go there looking for stuff you want (you can decide what that is).
adamu
Mister Juan

No reason you can't move forward to the meet. MK Ultra too. Whenever you are ready.

I don't know how long BR will be talking to the people on the street, but she'll eventually be able to make the meet if she wants to.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

As I described in the IC post, Carla just peers down the alley they went into, but if she doesn't see anything noteworthy, assume she just continues on her way home (you can let me know if the rest of the trip is uneventful.)

Here's a perception roll:

Int 4 + Perception 3 = 4, 4, 1, 1, 6, 3, 5: 2 hits.
Mister Juan
Adamu
Didn't write Conall's arrival to the church itself in case you had something planned.

After his shower, he'll conjure up a Beast Spirit for the day.

Conjuring Beast Spirit (Force 3, Optional Power: Search)
Hits:3
Spirit's Hits:1
Drain: 2S
Drain Hits:4
No Drain, 2 services
adamu
Carla just sees the guys heading nervously away from her - she gets home with no problem, although she thinks maybe they follow her all the way back to the neighborhood.

Nothing on my end stopping the meet/handoff going forward. You guys post as you will.
adamu
Oh, hey, somehow some of our time/date stamps have gotten turned around to a day/month/year format. Not a big deal, but just to clarify, we are using month/day/year. Thanks.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Here's another Spanish roll

8 Dice = 4, 2, 4, 2, 4, 4, 6, 2 = 1 hit.

I reflected the single hit by having Inez slightly misinterpret Carla's directions. You don't mind if I roleplay for little Inez a bit, do you Adamu?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012