Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
BlueRondo - here is a recap of what was found on her before.

Searches of Vanity yielded:
Shades w/various enhancements (low-light, thermo, flare comp, image link
Several unmarked (illegal-looking) patches
An auto-lockpicker (R4)
A maglock passkey (R3)
Yamaha Pulsar and concealed holster - one shot gone, no spares
Several compressed wigs
All her clothes are reversible
She wears numerous accessories, and has several more in pockets
She has form-fitting body armor under her clothes
3 certified credsticks with Y100 each

You just found the chip in her hair.

Further meticulous search finds no new items.

Under her hair is some very well-healed scarring consistent with standard headware commlink implantation.

With a 2 strength, I am afraid you will need a lot more than two hits to pick up this woman and carry her. With your slightly stronger cyberarm, you could drag her a bit on a flat surface.
Like MK said, what's wrong with the gangers?
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 4 2008, 04:41 PM) *
@Vegas
Want me to write up the post, or do we split it?

If you ask me - whoever is online and ready to write should go for it!!!
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 4 2008, 08:29 AM) *
Should I end my next IC at the dumpster/before getting into the cab (or even before it arrives) or do I have green light to procede till Carla´s message?

Looks from the IC like the van took off - so you are walking or cabbing to wherever you want to go.

Either way, I don't care - you pick up the sensors you stashed without incident.

You are en route to the bathroom when Carla's message comes at 21:40ish.

Once you answer it, you are clear to post to meeting Jack, which will be at maybe 21:44.

Go ahead and post the start of that meeting, and we will take it from there.

Not sure how that is going to go down yet - a lot of tricky variables floating around.

Whatever happens, your search will come back at 21:45.
BlueRondo
Oops, I was going to write an IC post for Carla to bring Vanity into the hotel by herself when I rolled that test (for the sake of appearances.) Doesn't really matter since there shouldn't be anybody (or any cameras) watching them.
adamu
Great - you and the gangers IC away!

OR...are you waiting for Krait to answer your call????

MK - IC away!

Everyone, IC away!

Fun times ahead but nothing can happen till you IC these various minor errands you have set up for yourselves.

And I will be off to GenCon in a week...
So IC away!
MK Ultra
I´ll get to that tonight, hopefully! Work has been .. exhausting lately frown.gif
MK Ultra
Sorry, couldn´t manage more tonight, my bro needed some assistance, thus interfering with my evening-planning and I´m way to tired to concentrate any more.
adamu
Hey MK - life happens! My post above should be seen as cheerleading and encouragement, not criticism. (It's a game, Adam, only a game...)

Anyway, great job both BR and MK.

So looks like you are both free to proceed. Elves too, so everyone free to proceed.

MK - when she sends the picture of the chip you recognize it as a tracking RFID. I need to know whether you respond to her message, and BR - I need to know what you do with the chip.
Mister Juan
Hey everyone!
YES, I am STILL alive.
YES, I will post the most awesome post in the history of posts soon wink.gif

It's just that it's sorta "wedding season", so I am crumbling under contracts, which I just cannot afford to pass by. I should have the bulk of my work done by this weekend.
BlueRondo
Quick question - how do we make sure Vanity stays where she is? Are coffin hotel compartments locked from the outside?
MK Ultra
The basic plan was, that she´ll stay there as long as she´s knocked out from the tranques. Once she´s awake, we kan´t keep her from calling for help anyway.

If Carla sends me a picture of that tracking-chip (have you already posted that, than it eluded me, sorry), he´ll emediately tell her that they need to relocate Vanaty (and get rid of the chip before we do so), or she´ll probably be gone very soon. Unless it hasn´t been activated yet, but we can´t tell that for sure, because I wasn´t around, scanning all the time.

Chears, MK

Not taken the chearleading as anything else. I really appreciated it. Just sorry, that I couldn´t respond in kind as much as I´d like to smile.gif
BlueRondo
Yeah, Carla sent Krait the picture of the chip already. I'll do an IC post of her response.
Mister Juan
Before I write up my epic post.... does Carla have anything to say/tell Conall before he and Etain leave?
He will ask if she needs anything else from him, and if not, he'll bid her goodnight and take his leave.

@Vegas
Anthing you'd like to add?
MK Ultra
Ah, now I see, I lost that IC of your´s because you posted it at the same time, I wrote mine. So I didn´t catch it ... I was allready worrying about my rl mental stats wink.gif
MK Ultra
Allrighty, cought up on the IC, but again, it´s too late for me, to do one f my own. However, here´s a bit OOC love, at least.

@adamu & blue
So, I´d do the same trick again, providing another coffin. You said you intended to handwave before, so, since I have little time, I´d appreciate that. Otherwise I could do some rolls on the weekend, or atleast provide them afterwards, so you have some indication how subtil the work was.

What´s more. I´d like to do the trick twice - 1 coffin each in 2 different hotels that are not too far away from each other (one coffin and one locker would do, really). 1 to dump Vanity, 1 to store her stuff.

@BlueRondo
best option would be to split, to deliver the stuff and V (just in case there are more tracking devices in either package). If she dosn´t want to split up, my advice is to deliver the package you want to be less likely to be found last, because otherwise a possible trackingdevice in the package delivered second, could also have lead them to the first package. In that case I´d dump stuff first and then procede to dump V, though that´s for Carla to set priorities.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 7 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Allrighty, cought up on the IC, but again, it´s too late for me, to do one f my own. However, here´s a bit OOC love, at least.

@adamu & blue
So, I´d do the same trick again, providing another coffin. You said you intended to handwave before, so, since I have little time, I´d appreciate that. Otherwise I could do some rolls on the weekend, or atleast provide them afterwards, so you have some indication how subtil the work was.

What´s more. I´d like to do the trick twice - 1 coffin each in 2 different hotels that are not too far away from each other (one coffin and one locker would do, really). 1 to dump Vanity, 1 to store her stuff.

ADAMU - no problem - the rolls you got last time were more than enough - no point in going through it all again. But exactly WHEN will you do it? By the time Carla's post ends, you will already be at the Fortress of Putritude....

@BlueRondo
best option would be to split, to deliver the stuff and V (just in case there are more tracking devices in either package). If she dosn´t want to split up, my advice is to deliver the package you want to be less likely to be found last, because otherwise a possible trackingdevice in the package delivered second, could also have lead them to the first package. In that case I´d dump stuff first and then procede to dump V, though that´s for Carla to set priorities.

ADAMU - What Vanity WANTS to do will be irrelevant for the next six hours, as she is unconscious...
MK Ultra
I intended to delay my arrival at Jack´s place. I have also considdered to wait until the bikes node gets back alife as of my spoofed commands (which should be another 20 or 30 minutes).
BlueRondo
MJ - All Carla asks Conall is if he's heading directly home. She doesn't ask for anything else.

Epicness away!
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 7 2008, 04:57 PM) *
I intended to delay my arrival at Jack´s place. I have also considdered to wait until the bikes node gets back alife as of my spoofed commands (which should be another 20 or 30 minutes).

Actually, you commanded the bike to shut down its wifi capability for 40 minutes starting at 21:03.

Now, note the time rulings posted above:

Either way, I don't care - you pick up the sensors you stashed without incident.

You are en route to the bathroom when Carla's message comes at 21:40ish.

Once you answer it, you are clear to post to meeting Jack, which will be at maybe 21:44.

Go ahead and post the start of that meeting, and we will take it from there.

Not sure how that is going to go down yet - a lot of tricky variables floating around.

Whatever happens, your search will come back at 21:45.

So, since you have already gotten the sensors, and you have been talking to Carla from 21:40, you are somewhere between 21:40 and 21:45, and you are either at the bathroom or you went somewhere else.

I need to know where you are,
what time you want it to be (21:40-21:45)
what you want to do and when it starts and when you think it will finish and where you will being during the process.
MK Ultra
Hope the IC answers all your questions! I assume the 6 nuyen.gif for flats and soy (not even a full meal) will be lifestyle, but I can pay seperately for it, if you want.

Perception 9 hits, Loos Taile 2 hits, Etiquette to fit into the environment 7 hits

[ Spoiler ]

Next up, I´m planning to head for the meeting with Jack - wearry of being tracked or ambushed of course nyahnyah.gif. Still I won´t scout the squatter den´s surroundings (except for circeling the block once with the cab once), as I don´t want to rais too much attention from it´s denizens. Before I knock, I will scan for the bikes node and analyze it, however (buying 3 hits to learn System/Pilot, Firewall and Alert Status).

The datasearch will probably take a minute longer, since I had to halt it to do the hacking, but once it is finished, I will start a new one about Jack, using pictures and everything he allready told me (ork, ex-corp bodyguard, probably out of business recently, trying to identify his lingo if that helps). Again buying 2 hits per minute of 22 hits in 11 minutes max. When this will be finished, will depend on how often I´ll have to interrupt it for dealing with the bike, etc, but I´d at least like to have an update on what has been found at the point before I go knocking - if I have had time to start the search at all at that time.

Eagerly awaiting Super Fun Time biggrin.gif

@Jack
If adamu gives me the go to proceed, you can have me arrive at the fortress and give you the knock. I will ware the cheap paper-cloths from the vending-machine above my suite.
BlueRondo
Carla and co. head to one hotel to drop off Vanity's stuff, and then they head to the next place to drop off Vanity.

Can they make it in 30 minutes, adamu?
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Aug 9 2008, 01:34 PM) *
Carla and co. head to one hotel to drop off Vanity's stuff, and then they head to the next place to drop off Vanity.

Can they make it in 30 minutes, adamu?

Yeah, thirty minutes is no problem. You won't run into any trouble on your end.
adamu
MK - I have to confer with Jack about a few details before I can decide what your data search may turn up on him - players searching on players is a delicate thing.

The bad news is, I will leave for GenCon in three days, so I probably won't have a chance for a real thorough discussion with him before then
The good news is I will be seeing him at GenCon, so we will definitely have that real thorough discussion.

So since you are going to be checking on the first five minutes' results of your data search on him before you knock on his door, we will have to stop you here.

You do get the ping from the bike on schedule, which corresponds to the location Jack gave you for himself.
You also get the data search back on the incident with Esmeralda and the half-dead troll and the Hispanic. But since we are stalled out anyway for the next week, I am going to wait until then so I can do the post justice.

So basically people I may be on the boards on Monday, but that will just be a frantic recheck of various GenCon details.

I will be back online and in the game a week from Tuesday.

(That gives MJ plenty of time for his promised epic post!)
BlueRondo
*Gets popcorn*
Jack Robustus
@adamu will PM regarding my perceptions of what Krait might find on Jack.
MK Ultra
@ Mister Juan
Sweet Post smile.gif

@ Jack & Adamu
Eagerly awaiting your return, have fun!
Jack Robustus
As you may gather from MK Ultra's post, I will be at gencon during the coming week. Since I will be hanging with adamu I will post if he posts anything regarding my character. If any of you are attending please try to make the SRTCG/Dumpshock meet and greet at the Hilton on Friday the 15th at 11:00 pm. Cards provided to those who don't own any yet.
BlueRondo
Just when the game got going again...
adamu
Blue Rondo - my most faithful of all posters - I am truly sorry about the last week, and indeed the last month or so.

Back from Indianapolis now, but of course everything else in life is in that mess you always come back to after being gone a week.

I will try to get things back on track before the end of the week, and then, the KEY, I think I may be able to be online at HOME within two weeks.
Then I can really promise a major quality turnaround.
Vegas
Sorry I've been more quiet than usual kids. Been fighting off getting sick for a while now and its finally won.

If anyone needs me I'll be curled up in bed whimpering like a little kid who needs chicken soup and TLC from their mom. Meh.
MK Ultra
Hope you get better soon !!!

*sending-some-virtual-chicken-soup-and-TLC-though-not-from-momy*

P.S.:
[ Spoiler ]
Jack Robustus
@Vegas I hope you get well soon. Being sick sucks, ya know?

And yes I'm back from Indianapolis and able to post again.
BlueRondo
Good luck, Vegas!
Jack Robustus
@adamu It looks like we are about to have the meet with Krait and Jack. In a previous post, I directed MK Ultra to write the encounter. I am going to send him a PM with some suggestions regarding Jack's part in it. That is, unless you are going to write the encounter. If that is the case then:

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
Happy to obleague smile.gif
I have nothing planed for tonight, yet, so I´ll probably have enough time to do an IC. Sorry for you, having to wait this long Jack, with all the interrogation and stuff.

In case you want to step in, Adam, I have some hacking planed on the bike, but I need to recheck the books (getting into the auto pilot´s storage or making it broadcast it). For the conversation, first objective is to get to know Jack a bit better, to judge his intentions, but I´ll play my cards close to the chest. I plan on cooperating further to get the bike fenced as a sort of 1st 'test run'. Before that is handled, I don´t want to tell Jack, what the team is working on and how limited the budget realy is.
adamu
I will definitely leave the IC of the Jack/Krait conversation to you two. Absolutely no reason for the GM to meddling in a chat between two PCs.
MK Ultra
I planed to do a longer IC post tonight, and some OOC about the Hacking, but real life forced me to aply my non-existent real world hacking skills, to fight some malware on my bro´s machine and now it´s already fairly late. Still I think we can at least use this as an oportunity to play out the conversation a bit more detailed, until we get around to make biger strides again, so I´m not bothered with it, I hope neither are you.

Tomorrow will probably be quiet packed, so I plan on handling the hacking stuff on wednesday. So Long smile.gif
MK Ultra
@Adamu
I still need to know the bike´s System/Pilot, Firewall and Alert Status. I analyzed it from outside, buying 3 hits (p. 217, Computer+Analyze, 12 dice).

I also want to know if the location´s conectability is good enough for the RFID tag in the soy-bar I bought to conect to the matrix. This should usually be no problem, unless we are in a static zone. Standard tags (the ubiquitous ones, with device rating 1, that are only 0.05 nuyen.gif a pop) have ~40 m signal range.

On a related question, what is the minor currency of the rl yen (like cents for dollars)?

Finaly, I had the Idea to spoof a command to the bike, instructing it, to send all it´s memory content to me at minimum signal range, but then I figured that kind of stuff exceds the bounds of a remote command and an exploit to log onto the node would be needed instead, followed by an oldfasioned datasearch and copying action. What do you think?
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 27 2008, 03:23 PM) *
@Adamu
I still need to know the bike´s System/Pilot, Firewall and Alert Status. I analyzed it from outside, buying 3 hits (p. 217, Computer+Analyze, 12 dice).

ADAMU - 6, 6, and on alert, red alert.

I also want to know if the location´s conectability is good enough for the RFID tag in the soy-bar I bought to conect to the matrix. This should usually be no problem, unless we are in a static zone. Standard tags (the ubiquitous ones, with device rating 1, that are only 0.05 nuyen.gif a pop) have ~40 m signal range.

ADAMU - you are near a busy commercial port close to downtown Seattle. No problem connecting to matrix with Signal 1.

On a related question, what is the minor currency of the rl yen (like cents for dollars)?

ADAMU - with the yen worth a little less than one cent, there is no minor currency. A hundred years ago or so, there were sen, which were a tenth or a hundredth of a yen.

Finaly, I had the Idea to spoof a command to the bike, instructing it, to send all it´s memory content to me at minimum signal range, but then I figured that kind of stuff exceds the bounds of a remote command and an exploit to log onto the node would be needed instead, followed by an oldfasioned datasearch and copying action. What do you think?

ADAMU - I think you are right. Commands are for telling machines to take physical actions. Telling it to dump its memory gets into the inner functions of the node itself (says adamu who is still only on page 15 of Unwired....).

adamu
BlueRondo - not sure if you are going to wait for any further reply from MJ/Vegas, or if you are headed on out. Let me know if and when you head back to where you are currently staying at the rectory.
Mister Juan
@adamu
Two questions for ya!
1- Am I still allowed to give you that "dream sequence" to spend some karma to initiate?
2- What's your take on the disarm maneuver? In Arsenal, it says that one needs to "parry" in order to disarm someone... which would indicate that it is to be used only when doing armed fighting (like a knife fight).
What I am wondering is, would you allow this maneuver to be used to disarm someone with a gun? I'm asking because I've been considering putting some karma on the side to spend on martial arts.... since that is Conall's main way of kicking asses wink.gif
Mister Juan
double post
Mister Juan
Triple post actually.....
BlueRondo
Adamu

Carla will reply to Conall and then retire to Esmeralda's place for the night.
MK Ultra
Trying to spoof a command to shut down that alart. This will probably only work if the commanding account was security or admin level, but the first one isn´t too far fatched, not to give it a try.

Spoof Command (p. 224, Hacking+Spoof vs Pilot+Firewall (Active Alert increases this by +4!) this will be a tough rool, wonder how I made it the last time wink.gif) 2 hits, meh frown.gif In case it dosn´t work, here´s a retry 3 hits and a third one with 2 hits, I´m still not sure what I´ll do if it dosn´t work after 3 trials sarcastic.gif

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Aug 27 2008, 08:25 PM) *
@adamu
Two questions for ya!
1- Am I still allowed to give you that "dream sequence" to spend some karma to initiate?
2- What's your take on the disarm maneuver? In Arsenal, it says that one needs to "parry" in order to disarm someone... which would indicate that it is to be used only when doing armed fighting (like a knife fight).
What I am wondering is, would you allow this maneuver to be used to disarm someone with a gun? I'm asking because I've been considering putting some karma on the side to spend on martial arts.... since that is Conall's main way of kicking asses wink.gif

Answer to question 1 is an enthusiastic yes.

Answer to question 2 is also basically yes - I don't have my book with me, but I will look at it. If a minor rules adjustment is required, I will be happy to make it, since such a move is certainly in the spirit of the game and the rules, especially with stuff like Krav Maga.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 28 2008, 03:51 PM) *
Trying to spoof a command to shut down that alart. This will probably only work if the commanding account was security or admin level, but the first one isn´t too far fatched, not to give it a try.

Spoof Command (p. 224, Hacking+Spoof vs Pilot+Firewall (Active Alert increases this by +4!) this will be a tough rool, wonder how I made it the last time wink.gif) 2 hits, meh frown.gif In case it dosn´t work, here´s a retry 3 hits and a third one with 2 hits, I´m still not sure what I´ll do if it dosn´t work after 3 trials sarcastic.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Well, I WOULD have to dig into Unwired to find out if you can do this, but I won't have to right away since you obviously don't have enough hits to spoof this system, especially with the +2 threshhold on each retry rule.

See IC post.
adamu
Off to GenCon UK for the weekend.

See y'all on Monday.
BlueRondo
Have fun!
Jack Robustus
@adamu I hope those brits appreciate the quality of your gamemastering. Have fun.

When you get back, would you mind letting me know if Jack's edge has returned to it's normal score. I have the unfunny feeling I am going to need it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012