Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
Merci beaucoup.
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Adamu
If you ever need some to "correct" your french messages and such, PM me wink.gif French is my first language nyahnyah.gif

Dude, thanks for the kind offer. I guess I must have messed up even the three words I tried!
I will absolutely take you up on your offer if I need to write some French for flavor.

Of course, it seems that BlueRondo speaks better French than Carla, so there would be no secrets there!

Anyway - this is a chance to say something I've been meaning to say for a long time - I totally appreciate and respect you and MK Ultra for soldiering onward in our game in a second language. Very very cool.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Still some more to come - probably tonight.

So long: 'Ask google and your questions shell be answered'!
adamu
Dude, I KNEW you were going to google it. And nothing wrong with that.

Looks like it meant what I thought it did (sigh of relief).
Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave
Well, I need to know a couple things about the bark before we get to the approach but the plan for Electra to scent track Trevor to the park, having got him nice and stinky that might work. I think that SR3 gave the scent track ability, but I cannae remember if SR4 did.

Either way, Electra is heading to the outskirts of the target location and scouting the area, she will not enter it. Her aura is showing as mundane.

A hat and shades are being used to cover her ID some.
Mister Juan
Sorry I'm lagging behind in posting... work is so crazy I barely have the time to sleep and eat.
I might have time tomorrow night.
adamu
Ankle Biter

The Heath covers 791 acres (320 ha; 3.2 km²). It has 25 main ponds and areas of ancient woodland, bog, hedgerows, and grassland. It is surrounded by upscale housing. Probably over half of it is just left to grow wild, although there are some very manicured areas as well.

Basically, on foot during the early dawn hours, it's big and easy to get lost in. Also includes Parliament Hill, highest point in London.

No problem following Trevor by scent, considering how much contact you've had with him and how he's been living.

I am a little unclear - you are scouting the outskirts of the park BEFORE he goes, and then when he goes tracking him as far as you can - OR - only going as far as the outskirts of the park, even after he goes in? Note that scouting the outskirts of Hampstead Heath would take a platoon of rangers half a day. Just walking all the way around it briskly would take several hours. You, on the other hand, have about three hours of leeway between getting the news and then getting up there, and when Trevor's meet is supposed to happen.

I'll IC whichever it is, but in any case I need

* A visual perception test.
* An audio perception test.
* A scent perception test.
* A disguise test.
* A composure test.
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Sorry I'm lagging behind in posting... work is so crazy I barely have the time to sleep and eat.

Dude, sleeping and eating more important than most things - even more important than Shadowrun!
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu)
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Dec 6 2006, 11:03 PM)

Dude, sleeping and eating more important than most things - even more important than Shadowrun!

What?!?!?!? eek.gif

You mean I've been LIED to all this time?!?!?
adamu
Vegas

First Aid from the doctor heals your stun damage and two boxes of physical.
Vegas
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up, so that should leave her only at 5 physical now. Correct?
adamu
Correct.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Adamu, am I to make the next post, or are you going to continue?
Konsaki
Am I the only one that sees MK as being unregistered?
adamu
YIKES! That HAS to be some sort of technical error. I will try PMing him, but if he somehow got dumped from Dumpshock, that won't work.
If I don't hear from him soon, I will investigate further.
adamu
No joy on the PM. I will wait until next week and then see if the Admins know anything.
I cannot conceive that he would have dropped out without saying anything. He did mention computer trouble a few days back, but that shouldn't affect his DS registration should it?
Konsaki
Not unless he uses the DS server as his home computer. biggrin.gif
Vegas
I've got MK's email laying around somewhere from previous games we played in. I'll try to drop him a note to see if he knows what's going on.

ETA Email sent. Hasn't bounced yet, so... hopefully I'll hear something.
adamu
Vegas

That's a big help, thanks.

adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Carla, First Wave

Adamu, am I to make the next post, or are you going to continue?

Sorry to leave it hanging without an obvious cue.
Fact is, my lunch hour was ending and I didn't have time to go further. But then I reckoned that would give you the chance to post if you wanted to do anything between Tuesday and Friday.

But if I get a chance I'll post his after-hours arrival. If you are online before I get to it, feel free to post his arrival and get the conversation rolling yourself.
Vegas
From MK himself (via email) (sorry if you're seeing this twice):

From MK himself:

Hi
Very strange, DSF must have deleated my user account for some reason - probably because of that US-cent/euro-cent joke nyahnyah.gif. I can easily register a new account, but I want to try and ask the admins first, if there is some way to rescue my pm-folder frown.gif

Hey
Can´t even contact the forum-admins without a valid account frown.gif
I send a mail to adam jury, asking if my PMs and settings can be saved somehow. I´llwait till tomorow for a reply, before I´m registering a new account. So please tell adamu, DireRadiant and everyone, that I won´t be posting till then and they should feel free to move on the IC - well adamu probably won´t, but there is no need for the nine dragons to wait for me!
adamu
Vegas

You rock the world. Thanks for helping us all stay in touch.

And if you are reading this, MK, looking forward to your safe return.
adamu
BlueRondo

Once again, need a Spanish and/or French check for this conversation.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Voila:

French (4 Int + 2 French + 4/2 Latin): 4 4 4 6 5 3 3 3 = 2 hits
Spanish (4 Int + 2 Spanish + 4/2 Latin):5 3 1 6 3 4 2 4 = 2 hits
adamu
BlueRondo

Well, not the three successes you got last time. Basic communication should be fine, but be sure to keep the concepts and sentence structure relatively simple, please.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Oh, Carla wants to see if St. Pierre has any cyberware/bioware. Here's a perception test:

Perception (3 Perception + 4 Int + 5/2 Cybertechnology (supplemental)): 5 4 6, 1 6 3 2, 2 3 = 3 hits
adamu
BlueRondo

You perceive none at all, either directly or indirectly.
Don't forget that anytime you are making a perception test on purpose - "actively searching" - you get to add three dice.
Vegas
Adamu (and all)

Here's the latest from MK:

Wow
I´m unregistered a mare day and already DSF goes crashing down biggrin.gif
Or maybe, they blocked my IP or something, so I can´t even register a new account nyahnyah.gif

That's not looking good for his continuing if he can't re-create his account or get his access reinstated frown.gif

If anyone wants me to pass along a message.. lemme know smile.gif I'll ask him what he wants to do with John for the time being. Probably putting it on hold for now.

p.s. you don't know how nice it was to read that I "rock the world" today after the for SHIT day I had at work wink.gif *snoopy dances*
BlackHat
Does anyone else remember DSF going down? Its sounding more and more like he got booted on purpose than a random mix-up.
Mister Juan
Didn't go down on my end.
Has anyone bother to just ask the admin about his case? Maybe it's because of this new registration thing they implemented.
Konsaki
It did happen right after they implemented it... sounds just like an error in the system. I hope an admin can sort it out.
BlackHat
Which new registration thing is this? (Hopes he's not about to get banned too).
Mister Juan
Linky
adamu
Okay, I just PMed Adam. We'll see if he can shed some light on this for us.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Carla wants to see if St. Pierre is lying about that "long and boring" story

Sense Motive (3 Cha + 2 Negotiation + 3/2 Psychology): 4 3 1 6 1 4 = 1 hit
adamu
Blue Rondo

He seems to be just chatting - you sense no tension that would indicate deceit.
adamu
Re. MK Ultra

Okay, heard from Adam. It was nothing but a simple and totally inadvertent mistake of some kind. Adam is working on getting MK reregistered right now.
adamu
Mister Juan

Regarding your last IC post - not trying to second guess you, but you did actually eyewitness the rape in progress.
Just thought I'd clarify since the IC posts at the time were a little hazy.
Again, not trying to tell you what to say, just making sure we are on the same page.
adamu
BlueRondo

You had heard (in earlier OOC post on your Los Locos research) that the fathers sometimes asked the gang for favors.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
Mister Juan

Regarding your last IC post - not trying to second guess you, but you did actually eyewitness the rape in progress.
Just thought I'd clarify since the IC posts at the time were a little hazy.
Again, not trying to tell you what to say, just making sure we are on the same page.

Oh, I know.
Conall is just having a hard time "saying" it.
adamu
Yeah, I thought that was a possibility - just wanted to make sure. No desire to step on your roleplaying.
Vegas
HOLY !@#*$!()*#$!)(!$)_(!$# !!!!

Wasn't expecting THAT turn of events.

Too bad Etain can't testify at her own reputation's crucifiction wink.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
HOLY !@#*$!()*#$!)(!$)_(!$# !!!!

Wasn't expecting THAT turn of events.

Actually, I can't remember who, but someone already guessed it on the OOC thread a while back.
MK Ultra
Hi everyone, I´m back, but I have to make a confession.

I am not a human user! In reality, I am an elaborate spam-bot, programmed to participate in online-games, to clendestinely include sneaky advertisement in my IC-posts, like the ones about bespoke suits from Gieves & Hawkes in John´s very first scene, or the refferences to Midleton Very Rare & Cohiba Exquisitos.

It is probably only for your interference, that I got a chance to re-register, after correctly beeing spotted as a spam-bot, so I fealt you have a right to know.

It´s up to you, if you still want to game with me, untill the dsf-administration recognizes their horrible mistake and unregistersme again. *let´sheadhanglow*
Konsaki
Welcome back, Old man!
Konsaki
Welcome back, Old man!
Ankle Biter
Electra - first Wave

dunno what bonuses/penalties may apply, remember I have damping for these senses.

* A visual perception test. 7d6
* An audio perception test. 7d6
* A scent perception test.7d6
7d6-> [6,2,5,1,2,3,1] = (20) 2 hits
7d6-> [6,2,5,1,3,2,3] = (22) 2 hits
7d6-> [5,1,4,2,5,2,2] = (21) 2 hits
* A disguise test. used intuition, as was not sure what to use 5d6 5d6-> [5,1,5,4,6] = (21) 3 hits
* A composure test. 15d6-> [2,1,6,6,6,4,2,1,2,5,3,2,4,5,6] = (55)
6 hits

Edit
I did not know that the park was as big as described. I am basically getting trevor there early, then scouting the meeting area with a very wide perimiter, and seeing if any green maniac snipers and so forth are about. I am giving Trevor a really wide berth, I do not want him to know I am following him, hence his ten minute start, and orders to arrive at the park early.

2nd Edit.
You can't be a spam bot, MK, I havent had a single PEn15 en-Han5Er post from you, and that is the only way I remember to restock my pill5
MK Ultra
Got me wink.gif
I´m not a spam-bot, but I´m not the MK you knew, either. I just happened to like the nick-name and when I saw what super cool GMs and players the original MK was gaming with, as well, I killed him and got his account unregistered, so I could hijack his nick & games nyahnyah.gif
BlackHat
You gotta respect that kind of Shadowrun determination.
MK Ultra
Heh, thaks, but I guess I was just sub-contiously making senseless posts to get my status uped nyahnyah.gif or else I am simplyon posting-withdrawl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012