Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Konsaki
Caittie - Third Wave

Discription of Avatar

[ Spoiler ]

Actions in VR mode

IP - 1
Matrix Perception test to find Louie's commcode. I have to match or beat a TN set by you.
CODE
(Simple Action) Computer skill + analize + VR bonus + TM Perception bonus= 10
5,1,1,2,1,6,5,6,2,4 = 4 hits

Next, I'm going to spoof a command to his gun to drop its magazine. The gun defends with Pilot + Firewall.
CODE
(Simple Action) hacking skill + spoof + VR bonus = 8
2,6,6,6,6,6,1,2 = 5 hits

IP - 2
First action - Spoof a command to force the gun to reload without a magazine in. This will get rid of all the bullets in the gun.
CODE
5,5,1,3,6,1,4,2 = 3 hits

Second action - Spoof command to gun, turn on electronic safety switch.
CODE
6,4,2,2,6,6,6,2 = 4 hits

IP - 3
First action - Spoof a command to gun, Turn off for 6 hours. This should keep the electronic safety on so he cant just reload and fire.
CODE
3,1,3,5,3,6,4,3 = 2 hits

Free action - drop out of VR mode.
adamu
Konsaki

I like the D&D motif. Nice complement to CR's Star Wars stuff.

Everything looks good EXCEPT - Spoof Command is a Complex Action. So basically it goes like this in game terms
I'll give you finding his commlink/code before we actually check initiative.

Then you will certainly beat Louie on initiative, so your first spoof drops his clip just as he's about to shoot Beth.

Then his one and only pass - he is too surprised to shoot her, he takes an action to pick up his clip and an action to tell the younger guy to shoot Beth.

Your second pass gets rid of the round in its chamber - his eyes go wide, approaching panic as it flies out at his face.

Your third pass you turn on his safety.

During all this Alex is still to tired to move, the big guy is horribly burned but fighting for his life and maybe even beating the fire elemental, Lisa is totally helpless, Louie on the next round will be doing everything he can to get his gun loaded and working, and the young guy is coming to his senses and is obviously going to try to shoot Beth on the next turn.

Please IC post all those results however you like, and then OOC me with your next round, including initiative.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Assensing Marsden
Magic + Assensing # dice: 9 :: 4 6 1 5 1 5 4 5 5 -- 5 successes

Assensing other dude
Magic + Assensing # dice: 9 :: 6 3 6 3 4 6 2 1 6 -- 4 successes

Want to make sure they're on the up and up, see if they're cybered and get any other information I can from their auras.
adamu
JDragon

Yeah, I noticed the time stamp thing - thanks for fixing yours. We all know that 8/1/70 is correct.

Okay, I said half walking speed for you in here, so 7 meters every three seconds - that was probably too sweet of me, but that means you will make 140 meters a minute barring stops. So for about two minutes you duck a lot of pipes and so on. There are some side passages, but they are narrower than this main passage. Your navigation success has you convinced that if you want to go OUT as quickly as possible, straight is the way to go.
At the two minute mark, you sense no pursuit and you see a door ahead at the end of the passage. There are some meaningless letters and numbers on it. On the other side you can clearly hear men laughing and car engines idling. Lots of echoes.
JDragon
Adamu
Angus - Second Wave

Not to be difficult, but your first post had my fight on 1/8/70 - which I'm reading as January 8th 2070.

It doesn't matter to me which is correct, I just wnatto make usre you and I are on the same page and when things change over we both expect the same amout of time to need to take place.

Thanks for the update on the movement.

Angus will wait and activly listen to see what he can figure out about whats happening outside the door. How close the people vs the running vehicles.

Perception Test
Intuition (3) + Perception (3) + Activly Listening (3) = 9 minus what ever penalty for the door
5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 4, 4, 2 = 4 hits

JD
adamu
pragma

OOOOPS! Cross-post. By the time I post this, your watcher summoning post will probably also be up.
Oh, well, the space-time continuum will warp a bit, but the fates will continue to weave their web.

Assensing those guys - of course assensing isn't really an 'on the up and up' test, but yes, you can get a lot of info with those successes.

Both are apparently unawakened humans in very good physical health. Both are lightly cybered - you'd guess headware comms, plus eyes and ears modified. Marsden's body is sheathed in what is probably orthoskin.

Both are very calm - no particular stress. The cause of this emotional state in Marsden is that he is confident he is capable of effectively protecting your family. No spell sigs on them.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary about them.
adamu
JDragon

Wow, did that whole messed up date thing start with ME??? How weak and fallible is your GM. I will have to through and appease my anality by editing those posts. The date of your fight, as specified by you on your character background, is August 1st.
Make it so!
Okay, good perception test. Listening for a few moments, it sounds to you like you are hearing an underground valet parking area. Voices and cars come and go, but distances are pretty hard to determine through the heavy metal access door. They are obviously pretty busy right now, what with the fight just having ended and thousands of people leaving/wanting their cars.

EDIT - Dang, dude, I just went back and looked. I really messed up those dates, didn't I? And you went to a lot of trouble to fix them my wrong way? Very sorry about that. Okay, mine are now all correct, and about half of yours are - I don't think we need to worry about that anymore. Thanks for pointing it out.l
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Summoning watchers until I get three or four boxes. Greg doesn't really want to hurt himself.

Format will be: watcher roll followed by drain roll. Not going to fill in details for every one of them.

# dice: 9 :: 5 1 6 5 2 3 3 5 2 -- 4 successes
# dice: 12 :: 4 2 4 5 5 1 5 2 4 2 2 3 -- 3 successes
1 box stun
# dice: 8 :: 4 4 4 6 3 3 1 5 -- 2 successes
# dice: 12 :: 5 4 3 2 1 4 1 3 2 2 4 5 -- 2 successes
--
# dice: 8 :: 2 4 4 6 5 2 5 6 -- 4 successes
# dice: 12 :: 6 2 1 2 4 1 1 1 6 2 3 4 -- 2 successes
2 box stun -- next one is the last
# dice: 8 :: 2 4 3 5 3 4 4 3 -- 1 successes
# dice: 12 :: 3 6 2 4 5 5 6 5 1 6 4 5 -- 7 successes
Why couldn't I roll drain like that all the time?

So that's a pack of four watchers for one hour, three for two hours and two for four hours. I'm hoping they can apply teamwork tests to their search for raven.
Konsaki
Caittie - Third Wave

Ok, edited my last post to include all that IC stuff. This is going to get annoying if i have to hop back and forth beween nodes making thier guns fall apart. biggrin.gif
This isnt looking so good for my char. You thought up a tough scenario for me to break out of. nyahnyah.gif

CODE
Initiative = 9
6,2,6,6,2,2,4,4,6 = 4 hits
9 + 4 = 13 total Init

IP - 1

Free action - locating new nodes (I.E. "Minion's" commlink and gun)

Simple action - Matrix Perception test to copy "Minion's" Commcode.
CODE
Computer skill + analize + VR bonus + TM Perception bonus= 10
5,2,3,2,5,1,1,2,4,6 = 3 hits

IP - 2

Complex action - Spoof command - Minion's gun to drop magazine
CODE
Hacking skill + spoof + VR bonus = 8
2,2,3,2,5,3,6,2 = 2 hits

IP - 3

Complex action - Spoof command - Minion's gun to force reload
CODE
Hacking skill + spoof + VR bonus = 8
3,5,6,2,2,6,5,6= 5 hits
JDragon
Adamu
Angus - Second Wave

Hey no problem.

I kinda wondered when we first started, but figured you had a plan so I went with it.

I'll get all my posts set the the 8/1/70 date tonight or tomorrow while I'm at work. biggrin.gif

Ok, on to the good stuff.

Only way I'm going to get this done is to just do it.

Angus will slip the door open just far enough to see and make sure no one is right next to it and then listen to see if he can get a better feel for where people are.

As long as he can tell no one is right next to the door he'll slowly open it and slip out, looking to place the closest and largest if possible vehicle between him and the main groups of people. Then he'll scout out the scene and plot his mext move.

Perception Test Door Open
Intuition (3) + Perception (3) + Activly Listening (3) = 9 minus what ever penalty for the door/noise outside
6, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 1, 5, 4 = 4 hits

Infiltration Test to slip out unnoticed (LOL)
Agility (4) - Defaulting (1) = 3 dice plus or minus other modifiers.
6, 3, 2 = 1 hit

Let me know if you need any other rolls.

JD
adamu
Konsaki

Well, dude, yeah - it's SUPPOSED to be unfair and impossible. If you win you will never be a shadowrunner!!!
The idea is for you to get a chance to roleplay through the horrible experience. And I am afraid to say that Caittie's fun is far from over.

Anyway, next round goes like this -
Right at start of round, before you go back to VR, you start to
hear sirens
see the elemental come in for another attack at the big guy, who is standing there screaming and burning (should he get an intuition test to stop drop and roll?)
see Louie trying make his gun work

then you go VR. All your actions there are successful.
Unfortunately after your first pass, the young guy has his one pass and puts two in Beth's head. Louie, who can't get over all the problems you caused in his gun, is telling the young guy to shoot all of you now. Of course once you complete your actions, his bullets are all out of his gun, so he'll have trouble doing that.
During their multiple passes, Tracksuit basically finishes off the elemental, but he's way on fire and is not going to make it. He just lies down to scream and burn.

Please IC these results. How much you want to make the events bleed over into your VR perception, or whether you want to emerge from VR to find that Beth is dead, that is all up to you.

Once you post that, you have one thug burning and screaming on the floor, two that are having no luck getting their guns to work, and sirens rapidly approaching. Please OOC your next actions.
adamu
JDragon

Okay, perception test no problem, you pick a time when no one is by the door. Door probably locked from outside, but from inside it is a 'fire-door' - can't be locked so no one can be trapped inside.

Yeah, you are right about the Infil test - one success is not going to get your giant troll self out of here unnoticed. Of course, no one down here has heard the news. What you get is the first person that spots you (still in your boxing clothes) yells something like "Hey - it's the champ" and the next thing you know you have swarm of valets that either want your autograph or are obsequiously trying to help you with...whatever you are doing down here in valet parking.

Please IC post to here and tell me what you will do next.
pragma
Patched timeline as best I could -- a bit cheesy, but it will do.
adamu
pragma

No worries on the timeline. Not going to be important in this case.

I definitely think the teamwork bonuses apply to packs of watchers.

But, alas, they all are long expired before they manage even a whiff of Montressor.

If you have more plays to make, cool, bring 'em on.
At any point that you want to give me an extended intention instruction, like, "return to normal routine" or something, that is fine too.

I am not recommending either one. Just saying ball in your court for the moment.
JDragon
Adamu
Angus - Second Wave

Ok, cool. Kinda figured it would be tuff, but a trolls gotta try. grinbig.gif

One quick ? before I go to bed, for the IC you want me to cover up to the initial reaction of the crowd or just getting outside?

I'm guessing crowd but figured I would check.

I gotta get some sleep so I'll get the IC as soon as Ican tomorrow.

JD
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Consider the last IC post to be my, return -- very warily mind you -- to routine post. Greg plans to spend Monday reading and occasionally making astral checkups on his family, frequently.
adamu
JDragon

Yeah, up to the valets' reaction to you, and your response to that. It's not exactly a crowd - more like 20 or 30 guys.
Ankle Biter
First Wave - Electra

QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 12 2006, 03:02 AM)
Ankle Biter

Between dice rolling statistics and social skill RPG theory discussions, I am sure I have no idea what you/Electra hope to do next. 

It seems fairly clear that some bobbies are going to put you in a car and take you to the (no longer a tourist attraction) Tower of London.  That's the general direction of things.  Anything you want to do?  Or I can IC post your arrival there and what happens after that.

Mainly I was trying to think what on earth I could do. As I am kind of out of ideas I guess I could see what happens at the tower. Have I got anything left on me? The fuzz searched me but I am still wearing my acioneer suit, as they didn't strip me, but have I got my Comms or anything?
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Redone turn 2.

-can warren and the team tell where all the shots are coming from? Like are there any shots coming from the roof? Are they all coming from the street on the opposite side of the van? I cant afford to take any kinda of action to precieve it with Warren so if it does take an action just forget it.

Warren: Will spend a point of edge to get an extra IP. On his second IP this is what i imagine happening:

[ Spoiler ]

initiative:
Reaction 5 + intuition 4= 9 dice
5,3,2,1,4,4,3,6,2= 2 hits
final intiative= 11

2nd IP attack: (complex action)
Agility 4 + unarmed 5 + striking 2 = 11 dice
4,1,4,4,4,3,1,2,6,6,6 = 3 hits
starting damage: 4S + 3 = 7S

How many melee rolls and gunshots should i be rolling for?

I will do 2 more rolls for melee attacks.

1st IP melee defense:
Reaction 5 + unarmed 5 = 10 dice
3,2,2,3,1,1,1,3,6,2= 1 hit

1st IP damage soak
Body 6 + impact 8 = 14 dice
5,4,2,4,5,1,4,4,5,6,1,6,2,4= 5 hits

2nd IP melee defense:
3,2,6,6,2,2,4,6,6,3= 4 hits

2nd IP damage soak
Body 6 + impact 8= 14 dice
4,6,5,1,4,2,4,6,4,6,5,4,6,6= 7 hits

Nick: Will run over to the elf chick and grab her and try to run towards the nearest building entrance. (everyone will be heading for the same entrance.)

Ray: will activate the smoke grenades on the van with his commlink, and also pop a smoke grenade and try to chuck it half way between the van and the nearest building entrance, and be running towards said entrance.

Dani: Will run with Ray towards the entrance. If they reach the door and its locked she will try to smash the door in or find cover.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

I wasnīt sure wether you wanted to playthrough the interview in detail, thus I didnīt post anything detailed before.

For the olfactory assault, I made a composure roll (again without magic support). It looks like John can hold his drink though.

[ Spoiler ]

Unless the senators have other plans, Iīll try to use the flight, to get a bit more chummy with all of them. building a friendly basis for later discussions and manipulations, without talking about the reall issues of the junket, yet.

[ Spoiler ]
Abbandon
@everyone

Do you guys:

#1. post your actions IC and then do rolls ooc
or
#2. post your actions ooc and after you find out the result post IC

JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

OK IC is upto date.

As I have indicated I will play to the crowd, while I wait to see if the Valet can help me out. I'll give him 2 min or so and readjust.

While I'm waiting I want to see if I can find a troll I can befriend to try and help me get outta here if the Limo doesn't work out.

Let me know what kinda rolls you want and if I need anything else for IC.

JD

Abbandon

I have been playing it by ear, but maily doing # 2.

JD
MK Ultra
@ Abbandon

Hm, donīt know actually. I havenīt been in a situation including much mechanics, yet. I guess I used both methodes so far and would go on this way, depending on the situation.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Abbandon)
@everyone

Do you guys:

or

I use a bit of both, for social skills desribe action then roll but for combat I learned that roll - GM permission then post is wisest.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
QUOTE (Abbandon @ Aug 12 2006, 04:36 PM)
@everyone

Do you guys:

or

I use a bit of both, for social skills desribe action then roll but for combat I learned that roll - GM permission then post is wisest.

I think thats probably the best way to go about it.
BlueRondo
I haven't done much rolling yet either, but I would probably post my IC actions as attempts ("I try to jump across the gap" instead of "I jump across the gap"), roll OOC, and have the GM post the result of my attempts ("He successfully crossed the gap.")
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)
@everyone

Do you guys:

or

Both, depends on how critical the roll is.

A single roll that determines a broad outcome I can post IC right up to the point of making the roll.

For a series of general rolls or a set of sequences, I like to resolve the set and IC post the set of results.

In all cases, it's really all in conjunction with what the GM is allowing as far as diverging. I could roll what I think of the five or six rolls in advance and get a feel of what happens, but the GM may have something else happen, which needs to be resolved before an IC post occurs.

In general, I want to choose the method that avoids my going back and editing my own posts.
adamu
Admin stuff

Posting
First of all, I just want to thank everyone for posting so regularly.

Posting sequence has not really been an issue in a majority of cases. But there is always room for improvement.
Early on I addressed the issue broadly at the beginning of this thread. Then some issues of 'fluff' posts came up with some people, so there is that to refer back to.
Also, DireRadiant asked some straightforward questions about posting sequence, and I will admit my answer was somewhat vague. I really think that as we play together we will get a sense of each others' rhythm, and that we won't need too many hard and fast rules.
But perhaps some basic rules of thumb are in order. They are very similar to what people have posted above.

* If you are making die rolls/in a contested situation with others/or are doing something yourself that involves game mechanics, it is usually best to wait for GM resolution before posting.
* I will try to let you know when I make a resolution post who should post the results IC. It will USUALLY be the player.
* Sometimes you may feel that things are 'in the bag' and just go ahead and post. That is fine, but please be aware of the possibility that I will ask you to back-edit. This will save on post-cycle time, and so far when people have made judgement calls on this it has almost always gone smoothly. I cannot believe I scored 12 players of such OOC and IC caliber. I am seriously not just saying that.
* Combat situations will virtually always need GM approval before anything gets posted IC.

My upcoming posting schedule/wave order

*Two Saturdays ago I was able to 'clear the boards', and last Monday I started with First Wave and rotated in order thoughout the week.
This last Saturday I cleared the boards again, so today (Monday) I will start on Second Wave, and rotate in wave order from there.
This Friday evening I am setting aside five hours or so to clear the boards, so next Monday I will start the rotation from Wave Three.
I think this is the most equitable way to proceed.

* Starting around the 24th or the 25th, I am moving to a different apartment. I am taking that opportunity to upgrade my Internet connection. This means that for a while - I HOPE not more than two weeks, my posting will be limited to when i can drop into an Internet cafe. Yes, this will slow things down. I am sorry about that. But I will continue to post every couple of days, even if I can only do a couple of people at a time, so you know I am still around and the game is still up. And I will be sticking as close as I can to the wave rotation, so you can have an idea when you will get a post.
Once I get properly hooked up, I will return to the Wave-a-Day pace.

Yikes, how boring this all was! Thanks for playing. I look forward to continuing to ruin all your lives! (Actually, what I am itching to get to is the actual Shadowrunning! But some things must not be rushed....Then again, for some, their underworld careers may be starting very soon indeed......)
adamu
Mister Juan/Vegas

Okay, Patrick will call Etain at around 8:00. I have not posted it yet so if you guys want to do any IC posting together you'll have a chance to. Up to you. I will post that call about 24 RL hours from now.
Mister Juan
Adamu & Vegas
I'm working from 10 to 6 today (East Cost time), so I should be back at around... 6:30/45 depending on trafic and walking speed nyahnyah.gif
adamu
JDragon

Okay, Grange is more than happy to help. He assures you he knows your driver, and even turns and points him out to you standing a ways off smiling politely - he has seen you lots of times, so he doesn't need to crowd in for an autograph. He is an ork named Farley Smith, and a nice enough guy, but you have hardly ever talked to him. Grange does some sort of hand signal/valet-speak and Smith is immediately in the limo and pulling it into position to leave the parking area. You just have to get over to him, which shouldn't be hard.
If you get in, he will of course be happy to take you anywhere you want to go.

Plenty of trolls around. You have been a boxing celeb in Seattle long enough to know that many of them would be happy to trade you the clothes off their back for the fight robe - even if only for the cash value as memorabilia. Whether you want to take the time to change is up to you.

This is a very friendly scene you can pretty much write up however you want, but you only get that freedom for about five minutes, then I have to take over - I'm not saying that's EXACTLY how long you have, but in the back of your mind is this awareness that any time now people are going to realize you ran, and then things will get crazy.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, so before takeoff your medic guy has no problem healing the Mayhurst. Billings suggests he stay on board. Up to you.
Take off. You have no problem chumming up to all three senators - your rolls are great, the two juniors owe you, and Billings will always be super friendly, although you know he's a wily old political hand, and his true face is a mask to you.
Your rolls were only marginal for Mayhurst, but she will be very nice to you. Still, you will get the feeling that she is sort of laughing at you, or, more than that, indulging you patiently, as one would a wayward teen. She has immense charisma, and eyes that seem to read you like a book.
IC as much or as little of all this conversation as you want, until about midway through the two-hour flight (long because of a weather system to go around).
At that point, you notice that while you talk to others, Billings has retreated to a corner to read a book - it is one of the anti-corp books you wrote under a pseudonym.
Please IC to the point where you notice that. You can have John say something about it or not. I'll take it from there.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Argh! You want to destroy my pretty life, I suspected this from the beginning ;P

Anyway, when Louisa is handling me the wayshe dos, I will get a bit paranoid about her being magically active in secret. At an unobstrusive oportunity Iīll ask Manolo (he willstay on board) if he noticed anything interesting while treating her (which would off cause have included assensing her.

BTW. John never considered his books anti-corp, but itīs true that many anti-corpers praise them higly. Off cause they are criticising modern society, but they are not radically against corporations or capitalism.
Still they will off cause collide with his current clientīs interests and this contract is quiet heavy shit for his concience - if I had a say in it I probably wouldnīt have taken it in the first place wink.gif ... then again ... all that money nyahnyah.gif
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

ok, my trek to the limo and the start of the drive is complete.

I had the driver give me his comm, which I have sset on hidden mode and had him set the limos comm on hidden.

I'm staying where I can keep an eye on him and keep him focused on getting me to the gym.

let me know if I went to far and I can edit. Just trying to get as far away as fast as I can. I was just trying to cover my options when I asked about the trolls and clothes.

JD
Cedric Rolfsson
Jonathan - Third Wave

Adamu, sorry I missed the post calling for a stealth plus hacking roll.

My attempt is to take the file and erase any trace of it's ever existing, which will then call in the storm trooper I believe.

You asked for 13 rolls and your target is 5 ... here are the results:

1: 3
2: 4
3: 2
4: 3
5: 1
6: 3
7: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
8: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
9: 3
10: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13. ... Success
11: 1
12: 6 + 2 = 8. ... Success
13: 4

4 successes

I'll IC post the Storm Trooper's arrival and we'll proceed. Sorry guy, I've been waiting for you and you've been waiting for me.

EDIT: edit IC post to reflect actions.
TEMP ABSENCE: I'm taking two days of vacation so will not post from the 17-20 of August.
adamu
Cedric

Yeah, I figured that was what was happening. I was planning to PM you today, but you saved me the trouble.

Anyway, I am sad to say that you beat the IC in your opposed test. I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed (and maybe you are too!), but Jonathan is basically free and clear if he wants to skeedaddle. Or maybe you want to do something else in here? If you do go, what exactly do you do with the file?

To give you an idea about Jonathan's evening ahead, as noted earlier he has plans to meet his two friends Jason Bell and Guile. He is especially eager to meet with them because he has traced a bunch of recent purchase records to Guile's commlink, so he knows what junk food she likes, that she wears thongs, and what band she is into lately. This should put you one up in your reasearch-each-other rivalry.

Basically you are now free to post up to that meeting if you want, UNLESS you do anything with the file but hand it over to your boss, or explore this system more. If that is the case let me know what you want to do OOC. Either way is totally fine with me.
adamu
DireRadiant

Sweet post. That's all I need from that scene, but feel free to end it there or add anything else you like. Then please post your extra night shift at the Hirotomo site.

[ Spoiler ]

After your night work, you have about four hours until your day shift starts, so you'll probably want to go home to your apartment (hint hint).

Oh, where did you get those Or'zet words? If you made them up they sound real good - it's not easy making up words that sound like they're from the same language. All I know about is the short glossary from SOTA 64. Is there another one?
adamu
Konsaki

Okay, that scene is obviously over. The police will be on the scene shortly, and as they make their final approach, Officer Fonz will ask you for an update if you have left that line open (he is more interested in getting info to protect his brother officers than in helping you).
You can talk to him or not. More importantly, perhaps, you can talk to the arriving police or you can easily avoid them. Alex will vehemently insist that cops are NOT to be trusted, and will not meet them but avoid them at all costs. Lisa will do whatever you tell her. What you do next is up to you.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu)
Oh, where did you get those Or'zet words? If you made them up they sound real good - it's not easy making up words that sound like they're from the same language. All I know about is the short glossary from SOTA 64. Is there another one?

Made them up.

One thing I did was to take some foreign language words I know and drop out some vowels and replace with the apostrophe, and the other is to replace the soft "CH" or "SH" with hard consonants like "K" or "Z". That seems to be the linguistic pattern in the words you used.

I didn't even know about the SOTA 64 glossary.

I suppose I could look up some klingon words and steal those too.
adamu
Abbandon

For your action, you only declared a complex, leaving a free, so I will give you that much perception. You wanted to know about where you were getting shot from.
1) YOU are not taking fire.
2) Where they all are on the lee side of the burning ambulance, neither is the rest of your crew.
3) The ambulance itself still taking heavy fire, but it doesn't seem to be as heavy.

I have noted your ideas on what the rest of the team do.
Ray has no need to pop smoke on the ambulance, as it is already burning and spitting out a lot of smoke. He does pop a smoke grenade, but right where he and the other two are, because
Nick says something on the team comm about a spinal cord injury.
Dani has the baby, and the sad fact is she's just going to cling to it and not leave Nick and Ray for anything.
The calm and rational scale goes Ray, then Nick, then totally freaking Dani. As things stand now, Nick will not want to leave the elf, and she can't be moved without probably killing her. Untenable as their position is, the crew is basically circling the wagons, and it will take some serious stimuli if you want to get them moving.
For your action -
Troll gets initiative and ties you for melee successes, so his blade opens up your jumpsuit and slices you across the chest (totally superficial, no game effects).
Your action is gone from catching baby.
Troll acts again, but doesn't beat your successes - you dodge him.
You use your one edge point to buy another action. You attack him, but he ducks your elbow and twists out of any grip you try on his wrists. You can tell that he is well trained and reaction-enhanced.
He is also between you and your crew, and working to herd you away from them. Obviously moving around him would give him the chance to stop you with a free intercept attack.

Okay, please post IC, and then your next combat turn actions OOC.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Only items you have on you are underwear, the clothes you threw on to make yourself decent for the cops at your door, and the metal restraints (handcuffs) holding your hands behind your back. Barefoot. If you had anything else, they took it from you in your apartment. Right now you're in the back of the police car with two cops in front.
I am just a bit confused - you said I could go ahead and post arrival at Tower, but then asked about what you are wearing. I think you were just curious and I will post your arrival soon, but assuming nothing horribly out of the ordinary takes place, I do need to know how long you will continue feigning unconsciousness.
adamu
Blue Rondo

Okay, time for time to pass. In answer to your query about seeing your father, Mr. Fitzgerald comes in and says 'no need, the hearing will start now'.

Your father makes bail, although the DA puts up a stink. Outside is a big media circus, but your private guards get you home.
The terms of your father's bail require him to stay at home. Your parents decide it is important for your mother to continue working in order to keep the clinic alive. Your research assignments from the guy in Australia start coming in within a couple of days.
Throughout everything, your father sincerely proclaims his innocence to you, but his stress mounts day by day, and he spends a lot of time alone in his study.

Please post for about two weeks of time. Depending on how you want to do it, you can post as much or as little detail about the above as you like, though I hope you will include all the details I mentioned.

Please also include Gregor. He comes home for a visit or whatever, and your father will be totally forgiving of all that has happened and offer to do anything he can to help him in a totally non-judgemental way - very out of character for your father.

Again, trying to give you an opportunity to post and role play, but not trying to make this some sort of giant homework. Your post doesn't have to be any longer than this one, or it can be as long as you like. Once it is done, we will pick up with some real-time scenes.

And if during that two weeks there are any actions you want to initiate that need an adjudication from me, by all means let me know.
Cedric Rolfsson
Adamu,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, I was kind of hoping to do a cyber-combat too. It'd be a cool post.

When I get back to the shop I'm planning on taking a look at this file. Unfortunately I have no decrpyt program, or a defuse program both of which I'm going to want to have on stand by before doing anything with this file. So I'll go ask Rafael if he has either of those programs available and if he does I'll ask if I can borrow them to make an attempt on the program.

Query: If Rafael does have those programs but doesn't want to let me use them what are the odds I'd be able to hack into his commlink to find those and 'borrow' them? He and I don't get along very well but I'm going to lie and tell him that Alister instructed me to decode the file before transfering it to him, but that I don't have the programs necessary. If he still tells me no then I'm going to head back to the office and take a run on his commlink to get those programs. devil.gif
DireRadiant
@Everyone

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying everyone's IC posts, and that they are fun to read!
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Man having 1 IP sucks!! Cant Ray or Danielle suddenly awaken and learn magic lol. Specifically the spell to make me have more IP's lol. I should have used my edge on turn 3 to clear my weapon jam.

Oh man you know what i just though of. A stun baton would have been really fitting for Warren to have and it would help me take out this samurai troll alot easier but oh well. It also would have been kool to use my baton to block and deflect his sword with although that might break it hehe. My character originally was gonna be spec'ed in clubs insteads of unarmed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warren
1st IP
-=Complex action: Attack the sword guy.
-=Free action: Yell into comm "Get moving!!"
-=fluff: When i dodge and evade the troll i wanna do so in a way that moves me back towards my group.

Initiative:
Reaction 5 + intuition 4 = 9 dice
3,5,2,1,4,5,1,1,1= 2 hits
Final init: 11

Attack:
Agility 4 + Unarmed 5 + striking 2 = 11 dice
4,6,4,3,1,3,2,1,4,4,6 = 2 hits
Starting DV: 4S + 2 hits = 6S

Defense #1
5,6,4,6,3,4,5,5,4,2= 5 hits

Body Soak #1
3,3,1,3,4,6,5,3,1,4,2,2,1,4 = 2 hits

Defense #2
Reaction 5 + gymnastics 5 = 10 dice
1,6,2,1,3,6,2,5,5,2 = 4 hits

Body soak #2
4,4,3,1,3,4,4,3,6,3,1,4,3,4 = 1 hit

Damn. I'd rather hit the butthole than dodge everything.

Nick: will try to get ray and dani moving at the request of warren. He will want ray or dani to bring a stretcher board.

Ray: will try to get dani to focus by slapping her. Then he will go for the stretcher board. Then he will take the stretcher to nick unless dani wont move in which case he will stay there to try and get her to snap out of her shock.

Dani: Will try to break out of her shock and help ray and nick.

pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Going to be out of town for the next two days (back to my computer Friday afternoon).

Want to do a quick astral checkup on Ana then summon a force 3 spirit of earth (optional power: engulf) and request that it use movement on the car.

Summoning:
# dice: 9 :: 1 1 3 3 5 3 1 1 5 -- 2 successes

Drain:
# dice: 12 :: 6 2 5 3 2 3 4 1 3 2 4 6 -- 3 successes

Relax and recuperate until arrival -- interrogation will begin with a force 7 mindprobe (unless psycology or torture skill suggests another course of action).

Spellcasting:
# dice: 9 :: 6 2 5 1 6 3 1 5 3 -- 4 successes

Rerolling failures if fewer than three net hits

Reroll:
# dice: 5 :: 2 3 3 1 3 -- 0 successes

Dang.

Drain:
# dice: 12 :: 2 6 3 2 4 1 3 5 1 6 6 1 -- 4 successes

1 box physical damage.

Get first aid from the attending physician and if I don't know what I need to, roll into the interrogation proper.

The strategy here is to make him fear dying because its going to be excruciatingly painful and he's going to hell when he's through with it, which certainly won't be any better. I suspect bacon and a power drill will be the two (separate) tools of choice.

Control emotions, force 5, instilling a fear of death:
# dice: 9 :: 2 2 5 1 5 3 5 3 1 -- 3 successes

Drain:
# dice: 12 :: 6 3 6 3 2 3 3 2 3 2 6 3 -- 3 successes

I assume a lot of the physical modifiers will be in place because the guy is very captured, but I'm not counting them in the roll -- I'll list what I think might apply in parentheses. Also not factoring in the fact that we are enemies by relation. I'll leave it to you to add appropriat e modifiers.

Interrogating Atiz:
Cha + Intimidation + Specialization + Subject being tortured + Psychology complementary + (Torture complementary) + (physically imposing) + (outnumber subject) + (obvious weapon or magic) # dice: 18 :: 3 5 6 6 5 2 1 2 2 6 5 2 4 2 2 5 5 6 -- 9 successes

With any luck that will absolutely shatter the guy allowing me to quickly get back to the business of keeping my family alive. I can post IC on return or you can go ahead and I can have flashbacks to "that fateful day."
adamu
JDragon

Okay guy, we are officially in your 'transition phase.' We will continue to play the same format, but our goal now is to finalize your character sheet. Now for you, that will entail far fewer changes than some other players have arranged, but we do need to establish your lifestyle. The unpaid for luxury obviously won't do in either OOC or IC terms.
Since you have made no prearrangements with 'saved' BP (aside from your cash stash), it will have to all be handled organically. What that means in game terms as far as I can tell from your sheet is that you now no longer have a luxury lifestyle, and at the moment are street lifestyle. I imagine you'll be using your cash stash (if you can get to it) to upgrade that, but it will have to be handled IC.

The only other thing I see that we need to do is finalize your SIN status. Near as I can tell from your posts and what you've sent me is that while you secured real SINs for your parents, you are using a fake one? Or am I remembering that wrong? If it is fake, we'll assume it was, like, rating 8 or something to get past boxing commission checks.
Anyway, whether it is fake or real, it has all your biometrics on it. Now, as a starting player, you have the option of being SINner or SINless. So you need to decide whether
A) you want to get the old SIN erased - this will happen IC but a cheap opportunity would be provided. It would erase your biometrics and render you a legal non-entity, although at this point you are stuck with the fact that your face is nationally recognizable.
B) you want to leave the (real/fake? can't remember) SIN in place. That will make hiding and operating as a shadowrunner much harder for you in my campaign, but you'll get 10 BP for the criminal SIN flaw, and of course I suppose you could eventually get it erased without my help, maybe, eventually....

Your call.

If there are any other character sheet finalization issues I've forgotten, let me know.
adamu
MK Ultra

Manolo tells you that she has an incredibly strong personal aura, absolutely at peace with herself, but on fire to help the unfortunate. He could see so much detail because she makes not even the normal effort to hide herself the way most people do.
But no magic, or anything otherwise out of the ordinary.
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Sounds good, go me. nyahnyah.gif

I agree that for the moment I'm at street lifestyle, which is what I expected. (Just really hope I can get that cred stick from the gym)

I never specified that I had a SIN, so I'm going to go with your plan that I had a fake to do my boxing.

I will want to make arangements to make it go away as soon as I can (IC) and will pick up a new fake SIN when I have the time and cash (Also IC) . (In other words I want to take Option A)

Aside from this, the only thing I think I have left is getting equipment which will go along with setting my life style after we see if I get that cred stick.

JD
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Note that this speach is quiet sincer and reflects much of what John really belives in, Iīll make a roll here, anyway, I guess CHA + Leadership for persuation is best.

[ Spoiler ]

The NPCs personal dispositions towards the topic and torards me are probably best included into their counter-rolls. I think the test is best handled seperatly for every NPC as they donīt really form a homogenous group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012