Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
MK Ultra
On the girl, I was looking for the kind of stuff you mentioned - arms, implants, anything conveying personal information - that kind of stuf. The comlink model she´s using would be interesting - Any time I ask for this, I´m looking for a brand-name or model-number, so I can look up the default response and signal (as well as any standard features) on the matrix.

Regarding the surrounding, I´m just looking for any tails, ambushes or any signes of danger.

I´d be good to procede to Ground Zero.

BlueRondo depending on Carla having a backpack or large enough bag or not, I planed to give the package for Belinda (it´s not very big) either on the cab-ride or once we depart tonight. Since we glossed over the ride, however, we´d probably better be off sticking to the later solution in any case. Just so you know, in case you wondered.
BlueRondo
Carla doesn't have a bag or back-pack. She might be able to carry it under her overcoat, if it's small enough.
adamu
Sounds like the T-shirt is going to be passed to Carla at the end of the evening's activties - assuming anyone's left alive, that is!!!!
adamu
BlueRondo

To speed things up I rolled your French check for you, with your Latin as a complementary skill. You got four successes, plenty to read the message.
Vegas
Sorry I haven't been posting... been pulled back to work a hell week and by the time I get home all I want to do is sleep... Should be free of all of this by Monday.

Sorry for the delay.

If you guys want to keep pressing forward, Etain will offer up some cash, generous enough to get at least our feet in the door as a whole, or perhaps one or two people in completely (depending on Adamu's call)

She'd also offer up the use of Fashion again if it would increase their chances.

beyond that I really can't put together much of a post at the moment, I'm off to crash. Thanks for understanding
adamu
Okay, you heard her people - in addition to the leads MK and BR have to work with for getting in - feel free to incorporate a fair amount of additional cash and/or new clothes into your plan. I'll handle the details for Vegas if you do so, just until she gets back.
adamu
Okay, I reckon the twins will respond to you before Georges can type his reply.

But both of them are on semi-inactive status right now.

My next time online will be about 48 hours from now - probably Vegas or MJ will respond by then - if they don't I'll take care of it.
adamu
Bit of a delay - having lots of computer problems of late. Still plan to play every day from Internet cafe. But today didn't bring hard copies of character sheets with me, so can't actually post for Conall/Etain as promised.

Will do so tomorrow (unless either of those people posts for themselves, of course!).

Which makes me ask - on the wiki most people used to have their stats. Nowadays some do and some don't, or they are only partially there.

Wondering if that maybe will get fixed at some point, or if they were removed for a reason???

Also, there used to be links to the old threads there, but no longer??? Or am I looking in the wrong place.

Not trying to make a lot of extra work for anyone, just seems like something happened and a lot of stuff that used to be there isn't anymore. Does the wiki company like remove pages that are inactive for a certain period, maybe?
BlueRondo
I took down my stats for simplicity. I figured that I had a character sheet and you had a character sheet, so I didn't think it was necessary on the Wiki.
MK Ultra
I didn´t put up my stats on the wiki in the first place, because I prefer character-interaction without knowing the actual stats, but I can put them up for easy use - no problem.
As for deleating pages - I don´t know if they are doing that, but I think if they do, they´d only do so on a wiki-page that is compleatly inactive for a long time, so I don´t think we lost anything to that.

I´ll try to put up some rolls and a short IC tonight, but I´m still loaded with work till Wednesday.
Also, just so you know, in case I suddenly disapear from the radar. I´d probably give you a note if it hapens, but in case I forget to. I am currently in the last stages of writing my diploma thesis, which is due to be done by Aug., 24th. So at some teime in the next week (not yet), I´ll probably drop out for a few, but I´ll be back after that.
Vegas
The pages aren't deleted by Wikispaces, links and or pages may have been moved/deleted by me however biggrin.gif

If you guys want specifics up on the wiki please let me know if it's going to be used as a point of reference for Adamu when he's at the internet cafes instead of having to cart sheets and papers with him each time I have no problem putting up a CS with current stats and updating it as we go along.

I think I didn't put up more than the basics because of OOC vs. IC knowledge and not having played with some people I erred on the 'paranoid' side as opposed to freed information nyahnyah.gif

I'm sitting at work at the moment, but I have my laptop and hopefully will have an etain post up today depending on how productive I can be from here. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Vegas
Perception
Intuition (4) + Perception (2) = 6 dice
1 [5] [5] [5] 1 3 Hits:3

Assensing (in case something sticks out, having a closer look at it)
Intuition (4) + Assensing (2) + Magic Theory 2/1 (1) = 7 dice
[6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 [6] Hits:5
MK Ultra
Sorry, no time to IC today, but here are the rolls I announced...

5 hits on perception to see if John catches the word 'shedim' or any snipet of the conversation while he talks to Violet. I applyed a -2 for distraction (or is that droped because of Multitasking?) but no other modifires.
In case the 5 hits do not suffice, I´ll probably use the first free moment to hear through the recording again (using select sound filter if necessary) without distraction, given the way that Carla acted before she talked to the twins. But I´ll mention IC, if it comes to that.

6 hits on negotiation, to inquire how much nuyen.gif Violet wants (and try to keep it low, of course), or if we can sattle for something else (i.e. some technical, magical or medical service).

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
On the Wiki

No one is required to post stats on the wiki (my goodness, if someone wanted me to publicly post my beloved Al's stats somewhere for all to see I'd shit a brick and quit the campaign!). No, I only access it occasionally anyway. If you do put them up, it's convenient, but not a huge deal.

What I do very much miss are the links to all the different campaign threads (esp. recruitment and 2nd and 3rd Waves). If someone puts those back up I'll be their friend to the end.

Things I ESPECIALLY love about the wiki are the house rules page and all the graphics people put up.
adamu
MK Ultra

You can easily hear the mention of shedim since I don't believe Carla was trying to keep team members from overhearing.

Violet doesn't know you well enough to accept any sort of barter, but your awesome negotiation skills convince her not to charge you anything at all to talk to the VIP doormen about getting you guys in at a discount.

I will need an IC post of that negotiation, however.

Everyone

There was some IC confusion about whether you all were in line and which line you were getting into.

For now, assume you headed for the back end of the regular line, and then all this wifi legwork, negotiations and assensing started up, and you guys are just on the sidewalk about 10 meters away from the end of the regular line.
Vegas
Adamu

I just double checked, but all the original threads are still on the main page of the wiki under "Original Threads" (how original, eh? biggrin.gif) First, Second, Third AND the recruitment threads are all there...
Vegas
Freeking Double Post!
adamu
Vegas

Don't forget that in SR4 if you are actively looking at/for something you get +3 dice. I rolled it for you.

Anyway - you see several amoeboid jellyfish-looking astral entities. At first you don't see them because they are kind of hiding - up on rooftops, around corners, etc, and also they are sort of half-invisible on the astral - but then you start spotting them. You count at least a half dozen, but it is hard to keep track cuz when you look at them they sort of duck behind things.

I don't see any indication on your sheet that you might have ever seen a shedim or know what one looks like. But your assensing test does tell you that these things are extraplanar entities (not regular spirits/elementals that mages can summon), and that they are suffering from the magical phenomenon of Evanescence, which means they lose force the longer they stay in the Earth's gaiasphere.

Once you and MK post IC, other can feel free to post, and I will also move forward.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Adamu

I just double checked, but all the original threads are still on the main page of the wiki under "Original Threads" (how original, eh? biggrin.gif) First, Second, Third AND the recruitment threads are all there...

Cool - you're an angel. Thanks for putting up with my computer ignorance.
BlueRondo
Adamu, First Wave

Say, does anybody remember whether or not Paddy/Etain revealed their mind-link ability to the other team members? Or is that their little secret?

I've looked over the pages since Etain showed up, and I don't see any indication that Carla/Krait know about it.
Vegas
BlueRondo

As far as I know it's never been brought up amongst any team members.
MK Ultra
BlueRondo

I´m quiet sure they didn´t, as I keep my eyes open for any oportunity to do a Perception-Test to gain intel about my enem.. ehr, companions ;P
adamu
MK Ultra

How is the thesis going? Well, I hope.

We are waiting on the IC post for your negotiations with Violet, etc.

If you are going to be too busy with school, that's cool - I will bump you. Just let me know.
MK Ultra
Planning to post IC tonight - and since I have no more labwork to do tomorrow, I guess I´ll make it this time.
MK Ultra
While I´m not totally out of time to play, yet, it is surely reduced and will be less and less over the next few weeks. So feel free to drag me along any time and I´ll just chim in when I have the time to do so.
Mister Juan
I HAVE A CONNECTION! THANK THE GODS!
Alright... I have tons of emails and posts to read now.... I'll do my best to catch up as fast as I can.
MK Ultra
Good to have you back online, chummer! I feal like Conall´s specialty is going to come up some time soon wink.gif

*handsoverabeerandchears*
adamu
MJ! Welcome back! Lots of fun ahead.

Ironically, however, just as you get your computer fixed, I find that I will be offline for the next three days.

The silver lining is that that is to get a new REAL computer.

I don't have anything IC at the moment, but don't push forward more than another three or four minutes - whatever you can accomplish in that time, cool.

See you all early next week.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas)
BlueRondo

As far as I know it's never been brought up amongst any team members.

Nope. Still have that little secret going.
adamu
Well, you guys are free to proceed for another couple of minutes of game time before I have anything to add to your escapades.
MK Ultra
As posted IC, I´ll do some more datasearches.

1st on shedim and ways of dealing with them.

2nd on Morningstar, the 162´s gang liaison, especially ways to contact her (or failing that, any other sentient members of the gang).

3rd details about their mercenary services (cost, availability, responsetime, force, available options).
adamu
MK Ultra

Data searches noted. I'll let you know when the results come back. If the regular time elapses and you don't hear from me, please do remind me.
adamu
MK Ultra

Just to be more clear on my previous post (now that I am at home with my books), I am assuming you are searching the entire matrix and that you are using auto successes. And I am assuming you want the max success as usual. Refresh me on the pool your agent is using so that I can determine how many minutes it will take (I'd figure it out from your sheet, but I am sure I would forget at least a few of the zillion different bonuses you conjure up!).

No need for anyone to wait on this - the three searches will take at least several minutes to come back, so just go ahead and do what you want in the meantime.
adamu
Okay, I moved things forward.

It seemed fairly obvious that you had all reached a consensus on the elves going in - but if I am wrong and anyone does not want to go inside, speak now and I will edit you out of that last post.

And if you had any last minute preparations you wanted to make before going in, just IC it ASAP.

BlueRondo - where exactly are you going to be while they are inside?
BlueRondo
I'm right about to post that.
Vegas
Couple of perception rolls for "admiring" the group ahead of them (in case being "distracted" by violet calls for an additional roll)

Intuition (4) + Perception (2) + Observe in Detail (3) + Vision Enhancement II (2) = 11 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] 1 Hits:5

Intuition (4) + Perception (2) + Observe in Detail (3) + Vision Enhancement II (2) = 11 dice
3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 4 [5] Hits:6

MK Ultra
Unfortunately time is scarce, so I have to keep my IC shorter then I´d like to. Still, I´d like to get a good look at the group ahead, as well, though beyond making sure that neither the woman nore the picture are our target, my attention would be waighted more towards her handlers - especially looking for arms and armor or signs of augmentation. Of course I´d want to get a good picture stored away in the back of my head, as well. hits without mods, I´ll observe in detail as well, but not faking to admire the group, but simply taking a good look at everyone in the line, which would´d be too suspicious either, I think. Got 7 hits.
For the Datasearches, the pool is 11 dice, so that´s 2 bought hits per minute. Also, here is a Conspiracy-Theories roll (4 hits, see below), to see if I know any additional usefull information off the top of my head. And as I just saw it in my gear list, I´ll also search my 'LoneStarSecurity Handbook'-Datasoft 6 for the Stars standard procedures for dealing with shedim - since searching this database should only take a few seconds, I´ll do that before proceding with the matrix-searches. If it´s included in lifestyle, I´ll also access the MagickNet (not the MagickUndernet, for which I would have no access on the spot) for info on Shedim and/or other pay-per-use sorces I might get access to.
Finally I made an Etiquette check to get a good connection with Ernst, which scored 6 hits without mods (maybe there is a bonus for the St. George contact and Violet´s company). The intention is 1. to get in free of charge as planned, 2. to make a good impression on Ernst so I have a base for making him into a contact of my own and have an easyer time to call on his assistence again tonight, if we need it and 3. if the other objectives are met, to get in free of charge without it looking like any significant favor.

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Adamu

Here's a Con roll for Carla to make Trix believe that she's really "into" it.

Con (2) + Charisma (3) + Psychology (3/2 = 1) = 6: 5, 4, 4, 2, 5, 2 = 2 hits
adamu
MK Ultra

For the people that just went in - she in no way appears to be your target.
The big guy is either the greatest bodybuilder in the world, or he has muscle implants. Note, however, that they are more of the "me look good" variety than the performance enhancing sort.
As I said, lots of data jacks - they are expensive enough to imply some real decent headware. The men appear to be carrying a lot of blades, and a couple of light pistols or tasers between them.
Conspiracy theories basically just lets you know that if you talk to enough crackpots there are people calling everyone from President Colloton to Lofwyr a shedim puppet. The more powerful an individual, the more people will come out of the woodwork accusing them of being a voodoo zombie, a shedim, a free spirit or a dragon in human form. Of course this includes somewhat more well-documented reports from the Middle East....
Lone Star shedim procedure is pages and pages of bureaucratese. It involves an impossibly huge list of agencies for officers to call (and pass the buck to) in case they encounter a shedim.
The real meat of the manual for street officers is -
* Call for Astral backup.
* Engage only with firearms.
* All people killed or seriously injured by shedim are to be immediately placed in restraints.

MagickNet (and you data search when it comes back) will basically just get you the equivalent of the fluff material available in Year of the Comet, maybe boiled down into textbook form. The academic community still does not really understand the shedim.
adamu
Elves

I am fine if you want to plunge right into the club. (As you can see, money was never even mentioned.) But rather than railroad you along too much, I paused to allow more questioning or preparations or IC impressions or whatever else you might want.

If I don't hear from anyone in 24 I'll bump forward.

Vegas, I am obviously fine with doing the IC club description, but if you are in one of your impat, er, eager modes, feel free to do it yourself, from Etain's POV of course. (In case anyone didn't already know, this is a location Vegas made up for the Down in the Gutter campaign.)
Vegas
Just a quick heads up... there seems to be a small snafu with timestamps from the point where Violet speaks/Etain answers and Krait speaks/Bouncer answers. We went back in time about 2 minutes. biggrin.gif

Unless I'm just missing something.
MK Ultra
That would have been my fault... edited my previous post to 21:56:00.

I´m happy the trog didn´t ask me to leave any recording devices outside wink.gif
adamu
I may have been a bit off, too. Fixed now.
adamu
Okay, I promised 24 hours for any posts you want before I plunge you into the club, so that's what you get. Big IC bump late tonight my time.

Vegas
I"ve got next to no time at the moment to do a big write up on GZ from Etain's POV. Might be able to get to it in the morning, but don't hold your breath.

I've got nothing else to do before we go inside save for taking one more quick look on the astral for the jellyfish-like things. Just to gauge where they are but not lingering long enough to piss off Ernst at the door anymore than Krait's question already did. biggrin.gif

Rolls/post coming tomorrow. Now I sleep for great justice!!
MK Ultra
Ohm, I´m mildly confused about where the chainlinked door the artists go through is, sorry. Have you been using the map on The Wiki?
Could you please clarify?

And as I´m on it - first thing I´d do would be to check in my backpack with the coat girl and then ask Violet to show us around a bit (also asking her where those artists where going in the proces).

No time to IC now -maybe tomorrow- however, everybody feel free to drag me along, just including these two details.
Vegas
MK -

Using the map, stepping through that "second curtain" basically put us at the "front door" of the map (center of the building bottom outer wall).

Coat check is that small room that is labeled with the half-door the girl is leaning over on the diagonal.

The opening that we can instantly walk through is on the left, the chainlink door guarded by a troll is to the right (Essentially blocking entry into further VIP areas)

It's not marked as a door per se on the map because Adamu and I fleshed this out AFTER Lindt made the map for DITG and did it all based off the existing map instead of having to do up an entirely different internal schematic.

So basically at the entrance and at the opening to the hallway to the bathrooms there are "doors" and bouncers protecting VIP from people who shouldn't otherwise be in there.
Mister Juan
So, Conall is calling one of his bound beast spirit (the one with the Search power) to look for Esmeralda.

He'll keep his vision on the astral instead of the physical, looking out for trouble.
MK Ultra
Some rolls:
hits for judge intentions to find out if I really anoyed Ernst or if he´s just 'acting tough' -I was a bit loose with the timestamp there, mooving it further almost one entire minute, but I didn´t intend to slow down the line too much.
8 hits to perceive the room in general and looking for any 'thinspired' patrons specifically (and of course for Esmeralda if she happensto be there dispite Ernst´s answer.
4 hits only for getting a feeling for the location for cover, quick exit-routs (also judging which would be blocked in case of a panic) access to improvised (and not so improvised) weapons if a fight breaks out, etc. I added 1/2 Crisis-Management here, though if you think it dosn´t aply in this case, just dropp the last 2 dice. Maybe there is a bonus for AR stuff and for maps and everything I found out about the place?
7 hits to fit in.

As usual all are without modifires - that´s your job to apply.

Unlike almost all the time, I´ll not be recording trideo (but still recording audio AND Simsense - he just said cameras, right?) at the moment (stoping to do so, once Ernst mentions it), unless anything noteworthy happens - just in case they have some wired spell to find out or somehow hacked my system. I´d guess this is more about obvious recording and publicising tapes anyway, which would make some patrons feel uneasy, after all, you probably can´t effectively controll cybercams or even vidcam-contact-lenses.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Vegas

Forgot your astral scan of the street as you went into the club. No more sign of the jellyfish things.

Are you going back to normal perception in the club or staying in Astral?

Either way, you are in astral at least just as you are entering the club, and you notice that on the Astral the place has an uneasy feeling, an oily sense of wrongness. In game terms, there is a Background Count of +1 (domain), so your Magic rating drops by one while in here, and as Astral perception and assensing tests are at an additional -1 die.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012