Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
I've got a bunch of midterms next week, so I'll be pretty busy too. Always up for IC chatting, though.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Any dos and don´ts for us? I.e. should we stay at the parking lot or not procede beyond a certain point or time?

If you want, you can go as far as the address. I will provide an IC post once you get close.
BlueRondo
(Obligatory bump)

Oof...well, I got past the mid-term exam hump (mostly successfully...mostly.) I'll probably put up an IC post soon, but there's not a whole lot Carla can do in a cab with a sleeping Etain.

I hope you're all faring well in your real-life obligations.
Vegas
BR,

Glad you made it through midterms!

Feel free to have Carla try to talk to Etain or whatever you want to do since it's gonna be a bit of a haul back to the church or wherever we're going. it's totally possible to do the whole keep Etain awake and as alert as possible (i.e. talking) until Carla can do more thorough medical stuff or whatever so that we're not sitting here for EVER with nothing to do while the boys are off tearing things and people up for information.

The boys ARE gonna keep posting, right? wink.gif
adamu
Congtrats on your mid-terms, BR.

As stated earlier - Etain is free to engage in non-tactical conversation while she "rests" in the cab.

That leaves all four of you free to act during my hiatus: both pairs to move as far as their respective destinations, and everyone free to engage in unlimited player-player interaction.
MK Ultra
Congrats, BlueRondo!

I´m still waiting on the wheels vs feet decision and whether or not to take V along. Once that´s decided on, I´m good to go as little or as far as the GroundZero either in one post or PtoP conversation. I might want to do something there - depending on the situation/how we are there/who´s with us - so I don´t want to move to our destination right away.
adamu
Okay - I am still busy, but that is always the case.

What matters is that my hiatus is now officially over, and I will be back to providing GM responses almost every day.

Unfortunately, not much has happened in my absence. With the girls on their own, moving the action forward depends on the boys leaving the bar's parking lot.

I've got nothing to do until that happens - and I think it will be up to MJ to get that rolling, since he has to decide whether Paddy and Krait are going to ride or walk, and whether they ask Violet to come along.

Girls remain free to RP as much as they may be inclined.
Mister Juan
Sorry people, got caught up in a ton of thing.
I'll post tonight.
adamu
Promises, promises.

Not to worry, my friend, I know what it is to be busy, cuz I've been in the same boat lately.

But I am going to make some decisions and move things forward as seems best if I don't see some movement from someone by Monday evening (my time). Either MJ or MK should decide about the bike and about Violet and head for the address, if that's your plan.
BlueRondo
Sorry I haven't been active; I'll try to put up a little something tonight just to save the thread from falling off the back end of the board.
Vegas
I've been trying to come up with *something* but honestly I've been blanking.

I've had a couple of ideas but when I go to write them they just don't come out, or I don't feel 100% comfortable doing what's in my head... not without getting "clearance" first nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Sorry I haven't been active; I'll try to put up a little something tonight just to save the thread from falling off the back end of the board.

BlueRondo

SWEET post! No need to save gems like that till the thread is quiet for a week - character building stuff like that enriches the game immeasurably, and has zero impact on the flow of events, so can be inserted any time. Rock on.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
I've been trying to come up with *something* but honestly I've been blanking.

I've had a couple of ideas but when I go to write them they just don't come out, or I don't feel 100% comfortable doing what's in my head... not without getting "clearance" first nyahnyah.gif

Can't clear it if you don't propose it...
Vegas
Actually it has very little if nothing with GM approval nyahnyah.gif Hence no proposal biggrin.gif More like making sure I'd have the OK from a player, or at least give the heads up is all.

I'll get it rolling and cooking later this morning.. have a meeting @ 9 then I'm free for the day outside of cleaning up my house UGH! This whole not having a job thing is going to get in the way of my gaming, I can feel it nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
[ accidental double post, contents deleted. Move along, nothing to see ]
adamu
Cool as can be if you can work it out with a player - less work for me. I look forward to whatever you guys cook up.
adamu
MJ and MK

Okay - I waited as long as I could. Hated to railroad you, but I'm not gonna let this game go down the drain. Had to jumpstart things.

Whichever one of you gets online first, please take charge and get this party started.
MK Ultra
Hi ho, lets go!
adamu
Mister Juan

As noted in the IC, Conall has now seen the video, so feel free to act on that if you wish.

MK Ultra

Ground Zero node was online, but the only publicly accessible post says the place is closed but will be open tomorrow.

Boys

If you want to talk, talk.

If you hand over weapons, please let me know what you give them and what, if anything, you attempt to hold back.

Everyone

Please forgive my inattention, but I am just hopelessly lost on what all aliases you are all using.

I think MK has a different name for every single PC he interacts with. Vegas has a Nyx in there somewhere, etc.

When you have a chance, could you each give me a list of which all names you are using, and with whom?
Vegas
Adamu

Names/Aliases are as follows

Etain = Conall + Family
Nyx = Tuesday and the Lockdown crew
Ayrin = Carla, Krait and current ID

That's all I've got for now.. unless she makes stuff up on the fly as we go along.

Maybe we should edit this all up on the wiki?
adamu
Thanks, Vegas.

More info on the wiki never hurts.

Now I just need a post-it on my computer that says - "Before asking the players, check the wiki!"
Vegas
Heh, yeah I always forget it's there because we don't seem to use it as intensively as in other games.

Maybe we should change that nyahnyah.gif
BlueRondo
Haha, thanks for asking about that - I've been having that same problem myself (that's why Carla never refers to Etain by name when speaking.)
MK Ultra
Oh, yes one of John´s 'vices' nyahnyah.gif
I´m planing to put this up on the wiki for a long time now, but didn´t get my ass moving, yet.

Let´s see...
John Francis Fitzallen-Howard: All the people he dosn´t interact with anymore.
John Milton: Fake ID not used on the run, yet.
Frank: Carla, Conall & Etain in public.
Krait: Mr. Chu and Carla, Conall & Etain for refference.
Mike: Kayla
SirRAMb0: Violet, Morningstar and the GZ clubbers if still alife.
BedroomTrasseur: Belinda

Thade: Onlinelable on ApaScape Chatforum known to Carla to be contacted via Marry-Jane Account (the password was Spindelmannen), apearantly I made a mistake some while ago (or acted intentionally but forget why I did so) and Conall knows that either John or Carla are using the Thade Lable, too, since I sent him some info from that account.

BlueBeard@BloodyFloor: Voicemail Address for Carla & Conall to reach me.

Targor: Onlinelable on DOA-Midland-NA MMORPG known to Conall to be contacted via Snake-Bane Account (the password was 386-493).

Karaokémon@MusikBox: Inbox at online-karaoke-club-forum for Kayla to reach me.

Hadn´t made up any names given to the guys from the Electronics-Shop or the Wolverine-Guards, yet and didn´t bother to search for the names I used for the discarded transfer IDs from Boston via Denver to Seattle. Will put those up when I come around posting that stuff on the Wiki.
adamu
Dude, my hat is off to you - you capture the true spirit of Shadowrun!

And yes, please put that on the wiki - there is no way I can keep track of all that!
MK Ultra
Everyone:
Has anything been changed with the wiki lately? I just tryed to Sign In and Edit my Page, to add the Streetname Info, but somehow it dosn´t work and the pages are all protected.
adamu
Yikes!

Vegaaaaass....hellllp usssss!

Mister Juan - you still with us, buddy?
Vegas
No, nothing has changed with the wiki. I have not changed permissions to it.

Might be a hiccup with the server.. hang on.

Edited the info into John's sheet and added a link at the top for "ID's"

You *SHOULD* be able to get in there and edit it any way you want now MK

I'm guessing a Wikispaces hiccup. If you still can't let me know and I'll check permissions again.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
Mister Juan - you still with us, buddy?

Yea yea yea. I'm around. Just posted.
I do read the threads EVERY day. I just don't always have the time to post, so I have to kinda "choose" in what I'll post.
Yesterday was DITG, today is HB wink.gif
Mister Juan
As for Conall, it's pretty damn simple
Conall: to Etain
Padraig/Paddy: everyone else
MK Ultra
Thank You so much Vegas! I´m pretty sure it´s got nothing to do with permissions, because any time I access the hb side, no metter if I´m signed in or not, it always shows up as if I´m not signed in, though wikispace dosn´t act like that when I access other wikispace pages. I´ll give word if it lasts any longer then a few days!

Adamu
I´d like to check the two gangers physically (not touching though nyahnyah.gif) - especially looking for weapons, armor, implants, com, as usual 9 and 5 hits for perception. Also scan for and analyze their coms - buying hits as usual, looking for system/firewall/databomb.
If you have little time to post, though, don´t bother with this and go on IC instead, it´s not that important.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Comms are R3, no data bombs.

No sign of implants that you can see. Their pink dusters are lined with kevlar, and they are wearing shock gloves. You also spot small spray cannisters and an extendable baton.
BlueRondo
As for Carla, everyone knows her as Ms. Johnson.

Conall and Etain know her also as Dona Carmen from seeing her work at the church.

John, I believe, also knows her as Dona Carmen from his own snooping around.

Nobody knows her as Carla.
MK Ultra
Buying hits for all the scanning. 9 and 5 hits for perception again (room & Silver).

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
By the way, the wiki is working fine for me again smile.gif
adamu
MK Ultra

The room has whatever day-to-day tech middle-class studies have, but nothing interesting or apparently dangerous.

Silver has a R3 commlink somewhere you can't see, and one of her earrings works as an earbud. You might have seen a voice pick-up on one of her back teeth, a common place for one.
adamu
This is Frosty.

Frosty
adamu
BlueRondo

Your commcall goes through, but your commlink lets you know the signal is sketchy - you are out of direct signal range of them now. Normally in Seattle that doesn't matter cuz the signal bounces through other wifi devices in the network, but that is hit or miss in Redmond outside of Touristville.

Future comm calls may or may not go through.
MK Ultra
Rolls following...

EDIT:
Perception to check Frosty for weapons and ware 9 hits and Judge Intentions 4 hits - so fare they seem quiet clear, but in case it becomes handy in a post or two.

Etiquette to make a good impression 3 hits (crap), of course this roll would get a fat penalty for her sexism, so drom the last X dice´ results (though it won´t have an effect, unless it´s more then 5 dice).

5 hits to resist intimidation, in case she trys something funny.

Buying 3 hits to analyze her com as well, of course (Sys/FW/Databomb).

[ Spoiler ]

I´ll also modify my coms signal range up to make sure I get through to the next relay point in Touristville, for sending another message to Carla, even though the relay point might be out of reach to send a confirmation back to me, I guess this has to work somehow.

Will post a negotiation roll, once we start negotiating.
MK Ultra
MisterJuan

BTW - just in case you want Conall to tick out as Frosty is insulting us, don´t feel restraint by me.
Just have him explode with a little delay (after John has spoken) or else, I can allways edit!
Mister Juan
So much for a peaceful meeting... wink.gif

@adamu
Why do I feel like you already knew how Conall was going to react to Frosty? wink.gif
Vegas
Let the fireworks begin!

Y'know MJ, we might have to start posting Irish to English translations along the way when they get right distorted nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
What? You don't like my phonetically written irish accent?! rotfl.gif
Read it fast and outloud.... it actually sounds pretty damn good nyahnyah.gif

But honestly, if someone doesn't quite get everything Conall says, that would be normal: he does have a pretty strong accent after all.
MK Ultra
The fun never ends biggrin.gif

Here is another perception roll 5 hits.
Now the Judge Intentions roll I did above (4 hits) should tell me, wether she´s going to escalize or deescalize, maybe before the papperpunch starts flying wink.gif

I also did an Intimidation Roll, because I figured Conall probably just intimidated her in game terms. Got 7 hits (or 7 extra dice for Mister Juan if we´re doing an assisted roll).

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Oh, Adamu, just be be clear, I´m not trying to coerce Frosty into giving us the paydata for free, just to make her treat us politely and stop that mach-shit.
MK Ultra
Added my take on Etain to the wiki, though it is not as compleat as those about Carla & Conall, yet.

Eager to see what happens next in the dimly lit study biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
So much for a peaceful meeting... wink.gif

@adamu
Why do I feel like you already knew how Conall was going to react to Frosty? wink.gif

Actually, I had guessed Conall would stand there being annoyed and disdainful while Krait did all the talking. But I guess eviscerating all those shedim got you into an aggessive mood!

Always fun for the GM when things don't go as expected!
adamu
Okay, after Krait takes an action to adjust his signal to reach the more reliable repeaters in Touristville, the Carla-Krait comms are having no problem.

MK - the cybereyes are very high grade and designed to look natural, but you spot them. Furthermore, the way they move (the really good ones mimic natural autonomic responses) you are pretty sure she has a headware comm (system 5, firewall 6, no data bomb you can detect).

And your time among the corp elites makes you know Tailored Pheremones when you are around them - again, good quality.

You spot what is probably a knife in a hidden arm slide up her right sleeve. And when she went around the desk you saw a pepper spray cannister in the back pocket of her jeans.

Underneath her spiteful sneer, her face is a total blank - you have no idea what she is thinking.

Mister Juan - need an Intimidation test from you. You can use your Specialization. Including Krait's assistance, your total modifier is -4 dice.

Mister Juan
@adamu
They way I see it, Conall has had a VERY bad night:
-His sister is hurt (which he sees as his own fault)
-he's had to go into the worst S&M club,
-he's had to share close quarter with a lot of what he considers like filth (trolls, orks, dwarves... and let's face it, everyone but pure blood elves),
-he's down in the gutter with the low lives/criminals,
-he's in a whore den, he's had to fight for his life,
-he dirtied himself with blood, gore and probably rather unclean water,
-he's had to ride his bike with Krait,
-he's been insulted by a human whore,
-and he feels like his time is being wasted.

All in all, I thought it was pretty in character to have him throw a hissy fit wink.gif
SO, I wasn't actually seeing this as him trying to intimidate Frosty, since he was pretty much just being very damn honest about his feelings... but looking at it from an outside view, what he is doing (even if it isn't willingly) is definitly intimidation.

Now, let no one hold their breaths, cause thats a pretty hefty dicepool penalty.
Almost rolled Edge on this one, but if things go bad, I have a feeling Conall might need to use it on other things wink.gif

Intimidation: 5 dices
Rolls:4,5,3,6,3 = 2 hits

Why am I hoping that Frosty has REALLY low willpower? nyahnyah.gif
MK Ultra
I guess Signal 4 is enough to connect to TouristVille, since it was back at GZ - just so I can keep track of it.

So here are two social rolls and Initiative in Case it becomes necessary.

Etiquette to smoothe over the whole insult/intimidation scene and get back to business - no matter who won the intimidation.

If violence is about to break out I guess I´ll need Ini and a Leadership roll (just shouting 'stop') to get the others listening to me, first, before I can make my Etiquette roll.

Etiquette got 7 hits, not accounting for any modifires.

Ini 6, taking combat paralysis into account.

Leadership only 4 hits prior to any mods.

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
This is going to be so much fun! rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012