Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

Risking one more round of melee, not willing to risk everything on the intimidation working against two officers. Once Harriet is one on one, then the Intimidation modifiers work a lot better, it's 2 dice for them as long as they outnumber Harriet. Of course, Harriet has to make it through this round standing.

5 Boxes Stun (-1 pool)

Init 7 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 4
3 5 1 5 = 2 + 7 = 9 init

Free Action - None at this time
Complex Action - Use Skill, Attack

Agility 5 + Clubs 4 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 7 Melee Attack on already hit officer Stun Baton 6S(e)
3 5 1 3 5 1 6 = 3

Reaction 5 + Clubs 4 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 7 Melee Dodge
1 6 4 6 1 2 4 = 2
2 5 5 2 1 6 4 = 3 (Possibly at -1 die because it's a second attack to be defended against?)

Body 6 = Damage Soaks (in case of getting hit)
5 5 1 4 4 2 = 2
1 4 3 4 3 2 = 0

Body 6 + Will 3 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 6 Electrical Stun/Convulsion Checks
3 5 5 3 6 4 = 3
4 6 1 4 6 1 = 2

Edge 1 out 4 left - Would like to hold onto this, so unless Harriet gets hit twice, holding off.

Edge 1 - First Attack
Edge 2 - Convulsion Test
Edge 3 - Dodge from Intercept attack when running away., thus avoiding another convulsion check
adamu
DireRadiant

Yep, you are absolutely right. This may sound corny, but I appreciate your honesty and attention to detail.
adamu
ooooo - major cross post coincidence. Be right with you.
adamu
DireRadiant

They get initiative, even the wounded one. He attacks, but really doesn't have much of a shot. Misses.

You do lose a die on that next defense because of second attack against you, but it wasn't a success anyway. Nonetheless, she tags you with one net success. You beat the convulsions, but the base damage is 7S. Your two hits on the soak bring it to 5S, which leaves you unconscious at ten boxes.

You can use that last edge somewhere - you'd need one more success on either the parry or soak. Get it and I'll tell you what becomes of your attack on wounded guy.

Or you can save the edge/fail the roll and we'll take things from there.
Ankle Biter
First wave - Electra

With regards to Trevor, I give them the full basic instinct treatment. I describe our intimate activities with passion and candour, and stop every so often to ask the interviewers if they knwo what any of the kinky things I have tried feel like. Any details about toothpaste preference are along the lines of "whatever was on offer, I think it's crest at the moment." The details are given from the best of my memory and honestly.

Regarding my family I give only details from the post crash cover story, we were not that close, and I honsetly do not know what their intimate details are.

Will post IC tonite.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Outlining the next 15 seconds:

round 1:
free: Start running towards the most interesting looking corner of the room
simple: Order the spirit to use movement on me
simple Observe in detail -- Int + Perception + Vision Enhancement in contacts # dice: 13 :: 4 1 5 4 6 4 1 3 3 4 6 4 5 -- 4 successes

I've been forgetting the vision enhancement, not that it seems to have helped much. Greg remains blind as a bat. Actively searching helped though.

rounds 2, 3 and 4:
complex: tear the place apart looking for anything interesting

Giving you six visual perception tests -- let me know if anything else should be rolled
# dice: 13 :: 4 1 2 3 4 1 3 5 2 4 2 3 4 -- 1 success
# dice: 13 :: 4 4 1 2 4 1 4 1 3 3 5 1 1 -- 0 successes
# dice: 13 :: 3 5 3 4 2 3 4 4 5 6 1 5 6 -- 5 successes
# dice: 13 :: 1 5 3 4 6 5 2 3 4 6 2 2 2 -- 4 successes
# dice: 13 :: 1 6 1 2 2 4 5 4 3 6 2 1 2 -- 3 successes
# dice: 13 :: 2 6 5 3 4 3 4 4 6 4 5 5 2 -- 5 successes

round 5:
hightail it out of the place -- the movement power brings me up to 150 m/combat turn which should be more than enough.
simple: sprint -- I'm actually not going to do this unless I need to because the chance of a glitch is startlingly high for my tastes and I really don't want to trip right now.
simple: observe in detail -- # dice: 13 :: 5 3 1 1 5 3 3 5 1 1 4 3 1 -- 3 successes

Edit: just got your instructions, fiddling accordingly.
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat)
After the bodyguard thing I will probably modify my post. You know, I don't want to get killed on my way back to the taxi or anything. wink.gif And I suppose my point was made clear without having to beat him over the head with it like I did when I first wrote it.

Post edited.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Okay - you can't tell whether they buy it all or not - notably the fact that you are telling only the 'public version' about your family. They don't give much away (aside from getting really aroused/frustrated by your Sharon Stone thing). But they never get coercive at all or call anyone else in to do so - at least not for the duration of your next post (which I look forward to).

By the way, the 'me, me, me' line at the beginning of your recent IC post was totally funny. Thank you.
adamu
pragma

Okay, assuming you've got the timing right, that will be eight perception tests (or, if you feel like it, roll just one and multiply by eight - however you think your luck runs). Obviously you get the +3 actively searching mod, as well as you vision enhancement.
adamu
BlackHat

Okay, what I need now is an opposed Intimidation test before I can decide his response.

Good news is you get +2 for not overplaying your hand, and +4 for having already set up such an advantageous position.

Bad news is you get -2 because you know he's a badass (his street cred), -2 because you can see he's a badass (physically imposing), and -2 because his pals seem like badasses (outnumbered).
adamu
Hmmm, it looks like a need a new opening word besides Okay.
pragma
Okay, dude biggrin.gif

Post has been edited to reflect the proper perception tests.
adamu
pragma

Very sneaky back-editing the die rolls into the initial OOC declaration post - an insidious new version of cross-posting.

I very nearly missed it - goodness my life is getting exciting.

So I guess you missed my saying you get the +3 actively searching bonus. I already just went ahead and rolled that for you, and am pleased to boast I roll better than you do!

(Do I sound uncharacteristically wacky right now? very very late here at the Internet cafe, but you guys just keep posting and forcing me to play more Shadowrun!!! But yes, I am getting a tad punchy!)

Anyway, you got a passle of successes. Problem is, I didn't expect you to risk your hide getting clues (which the bombs are naturally designed to destroy), so I have none prepared, and too late at night to be creative.
No problem though, since I have a very clear idea of exactly who was there and what all was going on and so on, so I should have something chewy for you tomorrow (along with the other extremely chewy thing I had for you tomorrow anyway).
adamu
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!

Cross posting mayhem continues, further addling my scrambled brains!!!!!!
pragma
Got it. I'm stoked for this IC post though -- can hardly contain myself.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 8 2006, 12:21 PM)
DireRadiant

They get initiative, even the wounded one.  He attacks, but really doesn't have much of a shot.  Misses.

You do lose a die on that next defense because of second attack against you, but it wasn't a success anyway.  Nonetheless, she tags you with one net success.  You beat the convulsions, but the base damage is 7S.  Your two hits on the soak bring it to 5S, which leaves you unconscious at ten boxes.

You can use that last edge somewhere - you'd need one more success on either the parry or soak.  Get it and I'll tell you what becomes of your attack on wounded guy.

Or you can save the edge/fail the roll and we'll take things from there.

Harriet - Third Wave

Ouch. Well the choice is going unconscious or burning Edge to avoid it, which still might not work... Well, can't leave Harriet at the mercy of the killer cops!

My choices are
Edge to reroll the 3 failures on the dodge check and avoid all damage if I get lucky.
Or Reroll 4 failures on the Body test to lower the DV by each one. And Harriet sorely hurt but conscious with 9 stun (-3) pool...

Let's go for slightly more risky but tactically sounder outcome. Edge to reroll parry failures

6 3 2 = 1 hit, Whew! But no more EDGE!
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
BlackHat

Okay, what I need now is an opposed Intimidation test before I can decide his response.

Good news is you get +2 for not overplaying your hand, and +4 for having already set up such an advantageous position.

Bad news is you get -2 because you know he's a badass (his street cred), -2 because you can see he's a badass (physically imposing), and -2 because his pals seem like badasses (outnumbered).

So, the dice modifiers even out.
I'll edge it up again, since this whole interaction is the single most important thing going on right now. wink.gif Plus, threatening a mob guy's family and then not having him be scared is probably bad news for everyone.

Influence (4) + Charisma (4) + Edge ( 8 ) = 16 dice.
4,6,3,2,5,1,4,2,1,3,2,5,6,3,2,2 = 4 hits
rerolling the sixes: 1,6 = +1 hit
rerolling sixes again: 5 = +1 hit

So 6 hits total.
Edge: 5 / 8 uses left.
BlueRondo
Oh shit - I'm in a sticky situation. I finally get a taste of the wrath of Adamu.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Oh shit - I'm in a sticky situation. I finally get a taste of the wrath of Adamu.

The gun is nothing... it's what's behind the gun that is most worrying.

I was wondering how long it would take the ..... to reveal itself.
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Adamu,

Sounds good.

Well here is my plan as I see it right now, which could get changed based on what you have planned for me.

First, I plan lay low for a week or so, so I can heal up and let the big press coverage die down.

Once I'm healed I'll plan a trip to the address my X-body guard gave to meet his contact. See if he can help me get my life started in the shadows.

Then with his help or on my own if he cant help me, I'll see about getting set up as a newb shadowrunner, getting equipment, getting some new fake SIN's, get the one I was using erased, etc.

I'll also use a large amount of my free time to continue the meditations I originally learned to focus my natural magical ability. Specifically I'll be bumping my magic attribute to 6, which should cost 18 karma. And as I understand the rules, that will give me 1 point to use for more adept powers. I know I want to pick up Killing Hands for .5 so I can actually do physical damage, but want to wait for my copy of Street Magic (ordered last night) to show up before spending the last .5 of a point.

Thats it for now, just want to know how much interaction you and I will need to have for these items and such.

Also, do you want me to make the heal checks to see how quickly I heal or will enough time pass before anything happens to not need checks?

Thanks

JD aka "Angus" From World Heavy Weight Boxing champ to wanna be shadow runner in 75 minutes flat. eek.gif
Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave

That post took way longer than expected. I tried to avoid putting words in the interviewers mouths, but as it wasn't mentioned I asigned the debrief team a name and some genders. Hope that was ok.

Also, are you sure it's Mr Young, not Mr Brown?
adamu
Ankle Biter

Sorry, it's not a clue, just a GM fubar. They say Brown. I edited the post.
adamu
Blue Rondo

He shoots you, pumping off rounds as fast as he can.

In game terms - you are not surprised, since you could see what was going on, but you did try to placate him instead of delaying or doing anything.

So it will be a combat turn, but he will automatically go first.

So please roll your defense (reaction and then soak), and declare your actions for after that (assuming you're not dead!).
adamu
pragma

Okay, here's how it goes.

You do not have time to actually find 'clues', but what you can do is grab everything that MIGHT be or provide a clue, to examine later. You will need to decide what you want to do with these items later.

So you find a big plastic bag that was carrying take-out, and stuff the following into it -

* Cartons emblazoned with the logos of three different local and very expensive restaurants, and the bag has a fourth five-star joint's logo on it.

* Some rough sketches of the circle that fills the room, hastily drawn on common ruled paper.

* The optical chip that the trid unit was playing back.

* Some pinches of the colored powders that were used in the circle, hastily put into unused plastic cups from a half-empty bag of same.

* Some cigarette butts.

* A 'book chip' = 2070 equivalent of a book.

* A white silk shirt that has a huge wine stain on it.

* Three (out of a dozen or so that were down there, but you didn't have time to grab them all) wine glasses.

You come up out of the basement and just as you get to your car the door and lots of other weak points in the basement's structure gout gelled flame, and then what was left of the above-ground portion of the building collapses into the basement.
adamu
MK Ultra

In last IC post, anal adamu points out that the day of the week should be Thursday.

Also, is Alice trying to get you a meet with Karen Knight(?) or Karen King? Or am I way behind on things.

I really feel naked without my library of books. In fact, I will e-mail my fixer (AKA Mom) and have her dig some out of my storage in the US. Don't have Underworld or Mob War with me here (and not sure if they are there, but we'll see).

I am definitely getting Runner Havens by the end of next week, so that will help with this scene.

But until I get my mitts on these resources, I will continue to need your help.

Ian - is he in the Underworld Sourcebook or Mob War? Can you give me a thumbnail (beyond the contact info on your char sheet)?

In any case, I will agree to get you the info on Hiroshige by tomorrow night - IF you go clubbing with him after whatever business you have (I assume he doesn't know about your 2 o'clock with Villiers).

Also, a very important question occurred to me this morning - I must confess I can recall no particular connection between Samantha and Nadja. Am I missing something? What is the basis for your idea that Samantha will be able to influence Nadja?

Go ahead and IC short-term or else on up to the reception area of Villiers' office.
adamu
DireRadiant

Okay, so you don't get hit by either of them. Your attack does indeed take down the cop, leaving just you and Doris standing in the middle of the deserted street.

IC whenever you want.

Actions etc. for next round (by the way, you feel the shock wearing off - this next round will be your last with the -2).
adamu
BlackHat

Dude, Intimidation is not in the Influence group. Your sheet says to me that your intimidation skill is 1. That chops three dice. Lucky for you those last three dice were not hits anyway.

Unlucky for you...well, see IC post.
adamu
Ankle Biter/Abbandon

Can I have you guys do me a favor to appease my anality. Just whenever you get around to it, could you edit the smiley faces out of your time stamps? It is going to eat at my brain. You need to uncheck "Enable emoticons", which will allow you to type ??:??:?? without getting a silly symbol.

anal adamu
BlueRondo
Carla - First Wave

Is the revolver considered single-shot or semi-automatic? I'll roll against two attacks just in case it's the latter.

Carla rolls Reaction (4) against first shot

3 3 2 1 = 0 hits

Ouch - adding Edge Dice (4):

4 3 3 5 = 1 hit

Carla rolls Body (3) to resist damage

5 2 5 = 2 hits

Carla rolls Reaction (4) against second shot

6 5 4 2 = 2 hits

Carla rolls Body (3) to resist damage

6 3 1 = 1 hit

Before I declare any actions, Adamu, can I get a description of the place: what's near me, is there any cover, is there anything I can use as a weapon, etc.?
adamu
QUOTE (adamu)
Blue Rondo

As for the room you are in - I am sure we both have different pictures of it in our minds. I have already said that it is a master bedroom, with a master bath attached. The bathroom door is on the other side of the room from the door into the hall, and those two points form a triangle with the guy who, as I said, is in a far corner from you.
Other than that, the furniture and other contents/features of the room are up to you. Just make sure that if anything you decide about the room impacts any actions or outcomes, that those setting details come out in your OOC and then later in any IC posts.

Okay, he shoots and you twist out of the way with amazing speed. Almost as if you moved faster than the bullet. It goes through the bathroom door just millimeters from your waist.

He adjusts and fires again, but you twist the other way. You never had any idea you could move so fast!!! Again, it goes through the bathroom door after missing you millimeters.

Declare actions, etc.

I am going to be making the first IC post after we resolve this.
BlueRondo
First Wave, Carla

Carla drops prone (free action), and crawls behind the bed (simple/complex? action) for cover, looking around for nearby objects she might use to defend herself along the way. (I can't find any information on moving while prone.)
adamu
Blue Rondo

Cool. I guess you don't want to decide what's lying around in the room for yourself. How about a tennis racket your mother keeps under the bed? You can grab that with your other simple action, if you want to.

That puts you in need of initiative and declarations for the next combat turn.

As I said, I will be posting IC, but let's resolve a bit further first.
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
BlackHat

Dude, Intimidation is not in the Influence group.  Your sheet says to me that your intimidation skill is 1.  That chops three dice.  Lucky for you those last three dice were not hits anyway.

Unlucky for you...well, see IC post.

Lol, my bad. Now I know where to spend some karma should I walk away from this alive. smile.gif

As for the IC post... frown.gif (but secretly, biggrin.gif good job)... will get my response up ASAP, but have to go to a foot ball game today. Probably tonight at some point.
BlueRondo
First Wave, Carla

Heh, I was actually going to have Carla pick up a pair of scissors, but I figured that her parents wouldn't be the type of people to leave scissors lying around the ground. A tennis racket will do.

Carla GRABS THE TENNIS RACKET to finish up her combat turn.

NEXT TURN
Initiative (Reaction 4 + Intuition 4)
1 1 6 1 2 2 2 6 3 = 2 hits + 8 = 10 initiative

Defense rolls if Papa shoots at her from behind the bed:
First Shot
Reaction (4) + Prone (-2): 3 2 = 0 hits
Damage Resistance (4 - Furniture Barrier): 5 5 2 4 = 2 hits

Second Shot
Reaction (4) + Prone (-2):3 3 = 0 hits
Damage Resistance (Furniture Barrier = 4): 1 3 6 3 = 1 hits

Carla DELAYS her actions as she huddles behind the bed; she stays behind cover until she thinks her father is within striking distance, or if she hears that his gun is empty. If she hears his gun empty, she STANDS (simple action) and SPRINTS (simple action) for the door in an attempt to escape.

If Papa comes within striking distance while Carla huddles behind the bed, then she READIES her weapon (simple action) and STANDS (simple action.)

NEXT TURN
Initiative (Reaction 4 + Intuition 4)
5 2 1 1 4 5 4 6 = 3 hits + 8 = 11 initiative

Carla makes a CALLED SHOT to DISARM Papa (free action) - she doubts the racket is heavy enough to be used as an effective club. She attempts to ATTACK with the racket (complex action) in a way so that the pistol barrel gets caught in the racket net and therefore gets wrenched from his hand.

Long Shot Test to disarm (Edge 4): 5 2 1 6 = 2 hits
Damage = Str (2) / 2 = 1 + net hits

MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 9 2006, 08:06 AM)
MK Ultra

In last IC post, anal adamu points out that the day of the week should be Thursday.

Also, is Alice trying to get you a meet with Karen Knight(?) or Karen King?  Or am I way behind on things.

2nd wave, John

Oh, you´re right, sorry, I´ll fix that in a second.

About Sam & Nadja
QUOTE (MK)
CDL - p. 71: 7% of Novatech, Head of Novatch Seattle, had several lunches with Nadia Daviar and got along well.

Thats corporate download, but this is the only reference I found about it. So thay might not have a firmly established conection, but at least they met several times.

About Ian McCaskill
He isn´t an established canon character, but one that I made up myself. He´s the nephew of both Don Leo McCaskill of Millwaukee and Capo Don Connor O´Rilley of Boston. Ian worked as a lawyer for John at RFS from 2065 till ?? (no later then 69), ghen he joined the family business, working as an 'in-house' lawyer ad sort of a courier/massanger between cities. He mainly operates in Boston Milwaukee/Chicago and Seattle - roughly in that order.

Leo McCaskill and Connor O´Rilley are both mentioned in the Underworld Sorcebook´s chart of primary mafia families (p. 112). Connor is described in Target UCAS (p. 41) as well. He is the capo of Boston and the only metahuman (he´s an elf) on the Mafia Comissions Inner Circle (the only one in the comission as well, I think). He has allways been supportive of James "The Hammer" O´Malley and later his daughter Roweena (she really lacks a Mafia Nickname). Born 2014, took controll from his father Jack (best known for allying the irish families with the itallians) in 2040 (Jack made his only son his successor, dispite his race). He´s fairly progressive. Out of earshot, he´s sometimes called the Fairy Godfather. He allso apears verry shortly in the Novel Ragnarock (or was it 'Burning Time, or Crossroads?), but black, slicked back hair is what I can remember. The other families in Boston btw are the Maldoons (Connor marryed the Don´s darling daughter) and the Morellis.

Leo is mentioned here and there in different books but only on the side. He is the Don of Milwaukee (no Capo there) and since the Bugs, he has been in charge of Chicacoe (held by the O´Tools) as well (to my knowledge, nothing in newer books says anything about that changing) - this made him probably sit in the comission´s inner circle as well, in place of Chicagoe´s Capo. He has also been in charge of naming Seattles new Capo after 'The Hammer´s' asassination. He allways supported the O´Malleys (even though he apointed Bigio in 58, because Roweena did not have enough support/power).

EDIT

Oh, and if at all possible -meaning I´m not in a meeting (or in bed wink.gif) with Daviar - or in an Assets, Inc. torture cell, while Ryan 'Quicksilver' Mercury is sucking on my not so brown nipples- I´ll go out on a drink or six with Ian.
MK Ultra
Me finds thugs with the name Bruno funny smile.gif

Off cause, only as long as they don´t want to smash my face into a table wink.gif
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

Going to Full Parry, since Harriet is recovering from the electrical stun.

5 Boxes Stun (-1 pool)
Electrical Stun (-2 pool)
Edge 0 out 4

Init 7 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 4
6 5 3 2= 2 + 7 = 9 init

Free Action - None at this time
Complex Action - Full Parry

Reaction 5 + Clubs 4 + Clubs 4 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 11 Full Parry
6 2 2 2 4 1 5 3 6 6 2 = 4

Body 6 = Damage Soaks (in case of getting hit)
6 3 2 1 6 3 = 3

Body 6 + Will 3 - Stun 1 - Electrical Shock 2 = 6 Electrical Stun/Convulsion Checks
4 5 1 2 6 2 = 2
Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave

The interview with the lord protector is a muchos funnos piece of RP. I will miss it when it's over frown.gif.

I would like to say if Tevor OOC actually did it, then congrats, adamu, I totally did not see that coming. eek.gif

By the way, I will mention OOC I have no clue if my character can use kinesthics to kill herself both in and out of character. That's a 1/2 bluff. (pretending something is true when you are not sure if it is)

I also have no clue in and out of character if I can turn kinesthics off. If I can't I will be bluffing when I say I have, but Electra will make an honest attempt at doing so.
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

I think i killed all my smileys. Thats funny that it annoyed you hehe. I hope my last post was ok with him being semi conscience. I thought my dreams could have been a little better. I think i might go back and back edit the first one where he coudlnt hurt anything. I would have liked to have had a dream about fighting 3 hell hounds or a 3 headed hell hound and use that as the reason my dude goes by Cerberus. I havent really nailed down how he got his name. Wait i was using it as a fighter to wasnt I. Guess it doesnt have nothing to do with my accident unless its like a recurring dream Warren has which would be kool.

I burst out laughing at what you had happen to my dude. That was pretty burtal.
BlackHat
Adam - Third wave
Response posted, as promised. wink.gif Didn't make this one oo longbecause I'm expecting to be cut off at any moment by a violent thrust to theback of Adam's head.

If that is the case, Adam won't fight it. There really isn't anything Adam can do to avoid it, and the last thing he would want would be for Franco to decide tha, due to his strugling, Bruno didn't get a good enough whack, and so he should do it again. wink.gif

If he bites, and doesn't immediatly order the sttack, I wanted to follow up with an attempt to calm the situation down (explain that I am sorry, and meant no offense... I was just giving him the information he asked for - a reason why he should negotiate... don't kill the messenger, etc.) But I figured I wouldn't bother posting it until I found out if he was willing to listen to it, first.

Although I am guessing I failed the intimidation, I'm not sure if that has totally blown my covor or not, so that's basically my plan. He might not like the fact that I brought up his family... but he asked me to tell him why he should negotiate - what my employer was bringing to the table. If I can calm him down, and convince him that although he might not be happy about it, my "employer" is no more happy about the situation than he is... and smashing up the face of the negotiator isnt' going to get anyone what they want - it will jsut escalate things.

Course, Mr. Balducci doesn't strike me as particularly political... and way more of a thug... so I also think that if Adam gets out of this with only a broken nose, he should consider himself the luckiest boy in the world. biggrin.gif
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

I want to cover the basics of what I will be doing in my next or next several IC posts to make sure we are on the same page.

I will cover the following...
Rest of the taxi ride to the Hotel, including the pain killers losing effectiveness.

Getting a room at a coffin Motel (quick ? - Can I get one where I don't actually have to check in with a person just do it at a terminal?)

Passing out the first night

Getting up to find that my name is not everywhere as a murderer/fugitive from the law.

Doing some shopping locally for food, clothes and possible disguise materials.

Getting a room at a different Coffin motel for night two when I realize I have been seen in the area.

The fight to shake the drugs. (and probably loosing)

Time spent meditating to focus on my inner abilities as well as what options I have for my life now.

Most of this will be the first day, which after that I will only go out if I have some kind of disguise or its really important.

Just to get used to the system I'm going to make my Healing checks for the Stun Damage.

Rolls....
Stun Damage Extended Test (1 Hour)
Body (8) + Willpower (2) + Quick Healer (2) = 12 Dice

Roll 1 - 1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 5, 1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 2 = 4 hits

Roll 2 - 5, 6, 4, 5, 5, 1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2 = 5 hits

So with in the first two hours of my sleep i'll have healed the "Stun" damage from the fight.

Let me know If I'm outta line on any of the above, then I'll start working on the IC posts as I have time over the next few days. (lots of writing to do)

JD
Konsaki
To my memory, if coffin hotels are the same as in SR3, they are basicly a hotel of automated doors with a credstick slot (probably still has this option) to pay for your "room" for the night, next 12 hours, or whatever the timer is set for. Once you pay, the door opens up and reveils a room that is just big enough for a bed and a small shelf beside it and a small trid. There is no bathroom in the rented room, there might be a communal shower or something elsewhere in the building though.
The door closes once you are inside and will open from the inside while the timer is counting down. Once the timer runs out the door wont open, even from the inside. The only way to open it up (legaly) is to pay the fare again, so they usually put a slot on the inside for credsticks too.
The door to the room is usually as thick as a vault door, but I cant remember what strength it was in game numbers. But it was strong enough that sometimes, Johnsons used it as a drop-off point for runs. Pay for the room, drop off the item, then wait for two countdowns, comeback for your money in the room.

Hope this helps out.
MK Ultra
Konsaki´s description matches with my memory. the nicher establishment would also have some pay-per-use entertainment system in each coffin. And a 'room' really is a coffin usually, you can´t stand in there (~1x2m and 1m high), though there would be troll-sized units in most hotels as well. Standard would be a park of vandor machines for food, drink, clothing (cheap throw-away flats usually) and necessities (toothbrush and stuff), probably soem laundromates, too, as well as communal toilets and showers or some private shower cabins for the whole hotel (pay-per-use off cause). This is for the standard establishment, but in the barrens you might find that any or all of the amanities are missing.

2nd wave, John

I just remembered, that I read about some slack comming out of the CZ after Ares left, that wanted to make a deal with the Mob, to take controll of the city. It eludes me, however, where I read about it.
While checking the Underworld Sorcebook for it, I found some more info on Leo "The Lion" (could have guessed it) McCaskill on p. 33. As of Jan. 2058 Capo Jimmy "Tooles" O´Toole´s Seat in the Inner Circle was still vacant. Off cause Leo was bent on taking it for himself (and IMHO, he would be the most likely candidate), but so where most other Dons in North America.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

As a warning, my computer is on the fritz. I don't think its serious and it should be up by Tuesday, but posting will be slow until then.
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Casting Force 6 Physical Mask and Drain
5 1 3 4 3 3 1 1 5 6 -- 3 hits
1 4 4 3 3 4 3 4 6 6 5 3 -- 3 hits

Wiping Spell Signature and Drain
1 2 3 1 6 4 2 5 2 3 -- 2 hits
6 1 3 3 5 5 6 1 6 6 2 1 -- 7 hits

And Again
1 4 1 5 5 4 6 5 5 4 -- 5 hits, no more signature
4 6 2 6 4 5 2 2 4 3 2 2 -- 3 hits

Visual Perception for spotting tails (not using actively looking on these, feel free to factor it in. I am counting the vision mod on the physical ones though.)
3 4 4 1 2 1 3 4 3 6 -- 1 hit, blind as a bat

Astral Perception for spotting tails
5 3 1 1 1 1 3 4 -- 1 hit

Visual perception going into the park
1 1 4 1 6 4 2 2 1 2 -- 1 hit
adamu
Vegas

Like I said to BlackHat - long posts great. Keep things moving along.

Rather than reply to your long dialogue with a parallel long dialogue, wondering if you could cut and paste the following in right after your first (or third?? hmmm) paragraph?

"Well," Patrick replied in his endearingly logical manner, "Right now it should be easy - simply take note of how people treat you now, before you become a world-famous diva. Those that suddenly treat you well after that - that's trickier. So I suppose you must meet - and become well acquainted with - as many people as you can - or maybe just one, now, while you are still a diamond in the rough."

end

I guess you may want to jigger in a transition or something. Anyway, you get the idea. I'll do an IC post in response to the last part of your speech.
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon)
Angus - Second Wave

I want to cover the basics of what I will be doing in my next or next several IC posts to make sure we are on the same page.

I will cover the following...
Rest of the taxi ride to the Hotel, including the pain killers losing effectiveness.

Fine

Getting a room at a coffin Motel (quick ? - Can I get one where I don't actually have to check in with a person just do it at a terminal?)

Fine. Notes by MK and Konsaki are accurate.

Passing out the first night

Fine

Getting up to find that my name is not everywhere as a murderer/fugitive from the law.

That's right.

Doing some shopping locally for food, clothes and possible disguise materials.

Fine.

Getting a room at a different Coffin motel for night two when I realize I have been seen in the area.

Fine

The fight to shake the drugs. (and probably loosing)

Give me OOC updates on those rolls, per our rules.

Time spent meditating to focus on my inner abilities as well as what options I have for my life now.

Fine - detail in both those areas will be especially GM-pleasing.

Most of this will be the first day, which after that I will only go out if I have some kind of disguise or its really important.

On disguise - I think your ideas for improv disguise (not really looking like anyone else in particular, but just not looking like you) have been very solid so far. Note also that you are aware that it will be pretty easy for non-trolls, or possibly even for trolls that were not born that way. (All trolls look the same kind of thing.)

Just to get used to the system I'm going to make my Healing checks for the Stun Damage.

Rolls....
Stun Damage Extended Test (1 Hour)
Body (cool.gif + Willpower (2) + Quick Healer (2) = 12 Dice

Roll 1 - 1, 6, 1, 6, 5, 5, 1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 2 = 4 hits

Roll 2 - 5, 6, 4, 5, 5, 1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2 = 5 hits

So with in the first two hours of my sleep i'll have healed the "Stun" damage from the fight.

Let me know If I'm outta line on any of the above, then I'll start working on the IC posts as I have time over the next few days. (lots of writing to do)

Everything looks good. Multiple posts without hearing from me fine.

JD

See in-line responses.
adamu
QUOTE (Abbandon)
I would have liked to have had a dream about fighting 3 hell hounds or a 3 headed hell hound and use that as the reason my dude goes by Cerberus. I havent really nailed down how he got his name. Wait i was using it as a fighter to wasnt I.

Actually, I think you used it when you were working as a bouncer at Club Rain as far back as 2067.

Thank you for guessing that you are semi-conscious and can think coherently for now, even though you are totally paralyzed and none of your five senses are online. (How would you even know you were conscious with such sensory deprivation? But you have already started to explore that in your last IC post. Nice.) I was going to tell you that in an OOC post, but forgot. But you figured it out anyway.

So now that you can sort of think, I will congratulate you on being our third player to enter the transition phase. That means your karma refreshes, and we will be working on getting your char sheet finalized, etc.
adamu
Everyone

Still waiting on my danged BB modem. As a result, my posting has been sort of feast or famine style. That has pretty much mangled my rotation style of posting. But I am trying to get back onto a strict rotation in the interests of fairness.

That said, because it is indeed an unfair world, I will announce that I will be sort of prioritizing responses to players in the 'transition phase'. For one thing, they are less work, being more self-directed now. Moreover, the more people I can get into a team doing a regular shadowrun, and the faster I can do it, the sooner people can interact off each other and not have to just wait for me post to do things and roleplay. And my workload will go down. Everyone wins. Hopefully this short-term unfairness will result in long-term more play for everyone.
adamu
MK Ultra

Thank you very much for keeping me so incredibly well updated on the canon references for the info you are using. I think you are doing a great job of simulating John's research in a way that gives him/you an advantage in politicking and wheeling/dealing your way to tangible bonuses on your extended tests.

Okay, so you agree to have a drink with Ian on Friday night, and he agrees to find out all he can on Hiroshige/UCAS Steel.

Still looking for an IC post into S. Villiers' reception area. But I know I have been monopolizing all your post time making you educate me about source material (measures already taken to retrieve many of my old books).

If you don't find time for that IC post by the time I rotate back to you, I'll go ahead and put it up myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012