Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Vegas
Etain - Second Wave

Sorry about my lack of posting, had the car stolen and apparently I'm not getting all my notifications via email or happy blue dots on DSF that there are new posts in the threads frown.gif

No real excuse, but ta-da! there's a post wink.gif I'll try to keep on top of it better from here on out.

I'm with DireRadiant the stories are fantastic so far! Adamu you deserve a big plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk! smile.gif
BlackHat
Adam - Third Wave
*crosses fingers*

Coutndown was until 19:00:00 which is when the alert about the meeting should go off telling Franco that he's officially late. I assume the program can normally be set to remind you anywhere from right away to several hours, to several days before an appointment (and from Franco's other appointments, I might know how ahead of time he normally sets those) - but this one got entered in at the last second, so didn't exist when it would have normally reminded him. Now it will just alert him that it has come.

If the waitress goes straight to him, to inform him that someone is asking about him and mentioned a meeting, the 30-second window that is left would be about perfect. Ideally he would get the AR alert while she's explaining things to him. If she gets the drinks first, the alert will probably go off first, leaving Franco confused for a few minutes until the waitress gets there.

Adam will try to be somewhat descrete (not staring at Franco's table, for example) but will definatly glance in that direction a few times, and not really be paying attention to the girls. When the alert goes off, Adam will definatly be looking at Franco for his reaction - should he look back, Adam will nod at him, and approach, even if the waitress hasn't delivered his message yet. EDIT: And it'd be cool (if Adam is able to get the first word in) if he said something Mr. Johnson-like, such as "On behalf of my employer, I appologise for the last-minute nature of this meeting, Mr. Balducci. However, I understand that it was similar last-minute urgency which created the necessity of our discussion."

I'm not sure if the next step is doable, or not, but if it is I will try to record the data (on my commlink) from my earbuds select sound filter (which I will also set to match Franco's voice, and my voice, to filter out the background noise). I'm assuming the filter and enhancements must do something with the audio stream, where it could be recorded. Not sure, though. If the same logic would follow for contacts applying visual enhancment to an image, I'll record those too - but for some reason that seems a lot less likely.
Konsaki
Caittie - Third Wave

*Groan* Vegas, dont mention cookies and milk... I'm still trying to figure out what Caittie is going to do next. sarcastic.gif
Its interesting as a player, trying to do the best thing for the situation while still thinking about what the character would do in real terms. nyahnyah.gif
But I do have to agree that all the stories are very well written and played out. A shot of Turkey for everyone! cool.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I'm still trying to figure out what Caittie is going to do next. sarcastic.gif

Very simple. Caittie has already been told.

Just go to bed. Her uncle will come up and tuck her in and bring some milk and cookies. Simple.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (Vegas @ Aug 28 2006, 05:02 PM)
I'm with DireRadiant the stories are fantastic so far! Adamu you deserve a big plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk! smile.gif

Definitly!!

EDIT: BTW, here is a roll for 2nd wave, John, to keep cool.

[ Spoiler ]

I guess he wonīt panic outright wink.gif
pragma
First Wave, Gregory

Greg, after the fiasco in the hospital room, should be operating at four or five boxes of both physical and stun on top of the original (stimmed away) damage. I hope I don't die because of fluff, but he is going to overdraw himself alot.
adamu
MK Ultra

Composure is actually willpower + charisma. That drops your hits to 3, but you would still clearly be fine.

Now make another composure test, threshold 4.
adamu
pragma

GREAT post. I guess you are pretty messed up right now physically. You've got max stun + plus some overflow into physical from the fight + however much physical drain you just inflicted on yourself + another box of stun (=physical) when the stim wears off.
Since I am definitely NOT interested in killing anyone over role-playing fluff, but looking at the shape you are in, I reckon when you collapse it is with 11 boxes of stun and 7 boxes physical.

I'll do an IC for you in the hospital as soon as I get back to you in the rotation.
adamu
DireRadiant

At this point, it is basically initiative and declarations.

As the location is a familiar one, you will not need to make perception tests to get info from me about the environment/surroundings.
adamu
Abbandon

You are correct the time stamps got messed up. I have gone back and looked at things carefully, and most importantly consulted my 2070 calendar (a real handy thing for all of us to have).
The correct date and time - which I have edited for my most recent Warren IC post, is Friday 3/28/70 00:57:58. It's Friday because you started you shift on Thursday the 27th, and now it is after midnight.

Since you bring up the idea of surrendering to your fate, I will tell you that is an option. But you should do what you will enjoy most.

Your first choice is to declare you general intentions, as you have done, and turn it over to me.

Your second choice is to continue tactical play. If you go that route, and it does turn into a chase, yes, please review my instructions to JDragon and use that system.

If you do initiative/declarations/rolls - some things you should know.
A) The troll between you and the ten guys approaching is going to try to run away. That give you the intercept option if you want to try to stop him. It costs a free action.

B) There is a possibility they will get initiative or otherwise contrive to get a shot at you. So you should roll dodge/soak for twenty short bursts.

Let me know which way you want to go with this.
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

Okay, grieving unarmed Tusker woman, and burned out chip head brother, against four trigger happy Lone Star cops... This will go extremely well.

Initiative - 1 Initiative Pass
Rea 5 + Int 2 = 7 + 4 Hits = 11
1 2 5 6 5 3 6 = 4 Hits

Under the perceived assumption the cops are in shoot first mode.

Simple Action - rip out that piece of broken railing to use as a club
Free Action - Run towards Cops on Foot
Simple Action - Ready Weapon, the piece of railing to use as club

General Intention - Take down the two on foot before the two in vehicle can get out,so at least Harriet is not getting shot at by all four at once.

Reaction rolls, in case of shots
3 2 5 1 5 = 2
2 4 1 5 3 = 1
2 3 1 4 2 = 0
6 6 5 2 6 = 4

Body rolls, in case of hits
5 1 3 4 1 2 = 1
1 4 1 4 2 2 = 0
3 3 3 1 1 2 = 0
2 5 3 4 1 1 = 1

Pass 2, should Harriet survive...
Rea 5 + Int 2 = 7 + 1 Hits = 8
2 3 2 2 3 2 6 = 1 hit

Armor... given the way this has played out, my feeling is that Harriet is not wearing her Urban Explorer jumpsuit, which she normally does while riding her motorcycle, but tonight putting it on would have slowed her down from getting to the Hirotomo building, it's probably still just packed into the scorpions saddle bags, along with her helmet.

Edge, I will burn edge depending on the circumstances, most likely to at least take one cop out before getting severely injured.

This is going to hurt. But I don't think as much as getting your heart eaten out by a mantis bug....
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 29 2006, 04:13 PM)
MK Ultra

Composure is actually willpower + charisma.  That drops your hits to 3, but you would still clearly be fine.

Now make another composure test, threshold 4.

Would I get any bonus for Manolo buffing my Willpower on that? It is still in the time-frame, for which the buffing was planed.

Anyway, here we go. I rolled 4 extra dice for the buff -I guess thatīs the most that would be resonable- simply ignore the last dice resultsaccording to how high -if at all- the increas willpower spell actually is pushing it.

[ Spoiler ]

Looks like I can keep composure even if there is no will increase at all. What dos that mean? Are these creapy visions just illusions or imagination, or are they actually real? In the later case I should probably do a surprise test and then roll my miserable defense roll as well. Damn, all the while, I wanted to tell you that I would keep a Dodge and an Unarmed soft loaded on default, as long as there is no other active soft needed, but I had no fitting IC situation and was too lazy to include one.

Half of me hopes this is for real - might be easyer to deal with, then a nervous brakedown wink.gif
Donīt listen. I donīt want to be attacked by a mantide spirit!! Iīd actually prefer it to be magically iduced illusions, to which my security reacts in a second..
Donīt be manipulated by my whining, just do as you planed, this is a grat scene ;p
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Ok i reread your 1-2 times 3 method for chases.

1. Breakable building door - no
2. gap between buildings - no
3. big porch/stairs capable of hard cover - yes

I dont think my dice even have a chance of getting me out of this situation so i'd rather surrender to your whim. There is no way anybody could dodge 20 shots. The repeat attack modifier would reduce my defense to 0-1 die.

These are the things i would like to do.

1st IP
Go on full defense(complex) and run for the stairs and then once im behind them try to reach the corner of the building(free).

If those trolls had been in the middle of the street longways then i moved like 15 meters or more while fighting the troll, and this run would put me at 50 meters. If i didnt make it to the corner i'd like to know how much farther it is. Oh yeah and there is no way i would take a swipe at the troll with the sword, he is probably on full defense just like i am.

Ankle Biter
Electra - First wave

For the mood of the most recent post Electra is trying to prove a point. She has already acccepted that she is magical and that is why she was able to fool the guys into thinking she was unconscious, as she has had time to self analyse she figured out that she has extremely fien contol over her minor motor functions and that those of others seem a lot clearer to her.

With this in mind she intends to show the Lord protector that she is indeed magical, but that that has no bearing on her innocence or guilt in this matter. Added is a hidden bluff that if she was this good why the hell would she be so sloppy in blowing up the Tate in a way that gets her fingered within half an hour.

Charisma + Con + Kinesthics to make last paragraph sound exactly as true as the rest of the statement to any machines that may otherwise say otherwise.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Abbandon

Dude, your post leaves me confused as to which option you want to use. GM storytelling or tactical play?
adamu
Ankle Biter

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Blue Rondo

I don't know where we went wrong, but he have had the dates wrong. I back-edited quite a few of my posts, but not sure I get them all - and it is not really a big deal.

But the correct date is Sunday May 4th.
Sorry,
anal adamu
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Well i thought either way i would like to include the surrounding terrain in my plan. If me saying that I run for object X and then do blah blah blah is to specific then just chop off the details.

Your first choice is to declare you general intentions, as you have done, and turn it over to me.

My intentions are to get away using as much cover as possable, ie not running down the middle of the street screaming like a little girl with my arms waving around in the air.

If you wanted me to actually say which i was choosing i choose to have you GM storytell the rest. (maybe you could define it a little more for me. Will you be encompassing the whole end of this fight with one post or will you post a little and have me react? Either way is fine..
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Ok, my IC post for rounds 1 & 2 are up.

I did the following with my extra actions during the second round. 1. open bag, 2. get comm out, 3. close bag. If this is going to carry over in to round 3 let me know.

For round three I will contine to sprint trying to build more distance and stay out of sight.

Here's my 1, 2 or 3 with results this time.

1. Alley narrow enough cruiser can't fit - 6 = no (damn)

2. obstacles to block view. - 2 = Yes

3. Good spot to stop and use the comm. - 5 = no (oh well)

Here are my running rolls for round 3.

Running Check
Strength (8) + Running (athletics Group) (2) = 10 dice
3, 3, 5, 4, 3, 5, 6, 6, 1, 6 = 5 hits

Running Check
Strength (8) + Running (athletics Group) (2) = 10 dice
2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2 = 2 hits

Strength (8) + Running (Atheletics Group) (2) = 10 dice
4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, 2, 6, 4 = 1 hit

Let me know if you need anything else.

JD
DireRadiant
Comments from the gallery.

Carla - Daddy isn't quite himself
Electra - Lord High Protector is interested in you. That's got to be good right? I mean his title is "Protector"...
Greg - Ouch, it's all about the pain and inflicted wounds, and self inflicted ones.
Warren - Someone really really doesn't like you. 20 short bursts...
Etain/Conall - The play of manners, is it Comedy, Drama, or soon to be Tragedy? Press the voting buttons on your seat armrests!
John - Have a heart... or lose your mind
Angus - Hey the Champ can really move! He's light on his feet, sidestepping everything, can he keep the fight going long enough to win on points from his early success?
Adam - Have I got a deal for you!
Caittie - To Serve and Protect
Jonathan - Strong is the Dark side... my young apprentice.
Harriet - The Man keeps pounding the Metas down.

Awesome job everyone!
adamu
pragma

Okay, take it from there. At that post you have no stun and three boxes of physical damage. You can pretty much do what you want at this point, and I will have a scene for later.
Ankle Biter
Electra - First Wave

Con - fast talk style roll to see if I can get the guy to lean over. Note that I actually intend to whisper in his ear, not bite it or whatever, so he won't pick up any agressive vibes.

[ Spoiler ]

Edit.

DireRadiant.

Would you want the head of the Spanish Inquisition interested in you? frown.gif
Konsaki
Nobody respects the spanish inquisition... rotfl.gif
Abbandon
First Wave, Warren

Uhh now what?? Am i Dead?
Konsaki
QUOTE (Abbandon)
First Wave, Warren

Caittie - Third Wave

"Wake up you big lug! I cant belive that guy knocked you out with 3 blows!"
Warren snaps his eyes open to the strong stench of smelling salts. He looks around while in a daze and sees his team standing around him on a bleacher in the fighting tent.
"Guys... I had a dream and you guys were all in it..." grinbig.gif
adamu
Abbandon

Dude, I am only a sadist IC. OOC I would definitely let you know if you were dead. (And if I thought you might die, I would never suggest 'GM storytelling mode'.)
Vegas
QUOTE (Abbandon)
First Wave,  Warren

I forsee a long hospital/black clinic stay for you in your...er Warren's future.... biggrin.gif
Konsaki
Heh, i was thinking the same thing after the second empty post for Warren.
Abbandon
I hope you dont make me wake up in a hospital or something just yet. I think it would be great if he woke up to people talking in the background about what they plan to do to him or possable him being transferred to another party for some reason. But he finds out that is retrained and blindfolded. And when he trys to remember what happened to him he remembers getting mowed down but there are also some new injures or something.

I just hope its not all over just yet.

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Abbandon)
First Wave,  Warren

So far I think just getting shot to death, or near death, that's the -easy- way out. The next part is likely to be really really evil. I mean, just getting you and your crew shot up, and possibly a client or two, that's all Los Locos fault... DocWagon might be able to save Warren, all new and patched up and back to work.

What's the actual event that makes Warren a shadow runner?

Now, I think it would be really evil to have Warren sit through a Doc Wagon AAR of the incident.
BlackHat
Lol, or Warren is un-lucky enough to get the DocWagon medic-in-training on his first night out... ends up with one leg and a few extra organs...
DireRadiant
New Negative Quality. Two Left Feet. - 1 dice pool on agility tests involving Athletics Group.
Abbandon
Well i could go over what me and adamu talked about happening to my guy but that would take away some of the fun of reading what actually happens. We covered what type of things should happen but not the source or the reason or anything like that so Im in the same boat as you guys with just a hint of what should be happening next hehe.
adamu
JDragon

Okay, so you got enough sprint speed that you had a corner on them when you hit the intersection, so you don't THINK they were directly behind you when you chose which way to turn. After you turn down that street, there is a big moving van half up on the sidewalk and about four troll and ork movers hauling big pieces of furniture across the gap into an apartment building. Once past them, you don't THINK the cops will be able to spot you just by glancing down the four streets leading off the intersection.
Things you KNOW are -
Obviously the entire city (at least the downtownish places like where you are) is laced with Lone Star cameras and drones.
The police car stops in the center of the intersection and they appear to be shutting it down.
You hear sirens approaching from several directions around you.

Go ahead and IC and/or OOC you next step. Off initiative for the moment.
BlueRondo
Sorry I've been out for the past couple of days. I just moved into college, so I've been pretty busy with orientation, registration, yadda, yadda. I should still have enough time to check the site and make posts though, so I shouldn't be going anywhere.

Thanks for pointing out the date error, Adamu. To be honest, I usually just copy and paste your date and modify the time accordingly. I'll pay more attention in the future to catch possible mistakes.
adamu
MK Ultra

Implementing this solution will take no more than assigning a legal team to put it into motion.
So as of now you are free to pursue your next strategic goals, or whatever you want to do next.
I know you sort of discussed what would be next a few posts ago, but I don't like to proceed without a concrete declaration.
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Ok, so once I'm past the truck I'll slip behind a dumpster and do a quick scan for camera's & drones.

Then I'll see if I'm going to be able to order a cab for about four blocks away in what ever I think is the furthest direction from the Star I know about and think I hear coming. I'll use the citynav to bring up a map with my location. I'll only put the comm in passive mode. Once I'm done I'll put the comm back in hidden mode then turn it off. Assuming I can't see any officers I'll take off again at a full sprint in the direction I ordered the cab or just away from LS if I can't order the cab for some reason. IF I see LS around I start looking for a hiding place.

Ok checks....
Perception (cameras & Drones - Visual)
Intuition (3) + Perception (3) + actively looking (3) = 9 dice
5, 5, 3, 1, 6, 4, 5, 5, 1 = 5 hits

Navigate (know where I am, vs where I want cab)
Intuition (3) + Navigation (-1 Default) = 2 dice
3, 4 = 0 hits (yeah me)

Perception (listening for Lone Star - Hearing)
Intuition (3) + Perception (3) + actively listening (3) = 9 dice
1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 4, 6, 3, 2 = 2 hits

Let me know how I do and I'll post it all as one IC if that works.

JD
BlackHat
So. biggrin.gif Embarrassing stuff, but I would sort of like to change my mind about something I've just posted before your reply.... but I'm not sure whether or not that's cool with you, Adamu.

So, let me know, and if so, I can edit my post, but if you want me to leave it as-is, that's fine too. cool.gif

As for the taxi, since I was digitally conversing with the thing anyways, I probably only had the option to pay from my debit account (and that's what Adam would have done naturally anyways). The bouncer at the door asking for $50 cover would have gotten cash.... which leads me to the thing I'd like to adjust:

Adam only has $50 left in his pocket. smile.gif Drinks are $30 + tip. Ordering 3 drinks puts him well over budget... and I'm not entirely sure how e-commerce works in the SR universe, but since I don't have any certified cred sticks, my only recourse would be to pay with my debit account - which would totally blow the whole anonymity thing. eek.gif

Course, I'm not necessarily against Adam accidentally overlooking the fact that paying with e-nuyen means his datatrail will lead the mob right back to his dormroom (at least overlooking it until he's already ordered the drinks), but it would definatly change my strategy for talking to Mr. Balducci, in addition to leading to a rather obvious destruction of Adam's life.

Course, since our goal is to get Adam into the shadowrunning world, that's not necessarily a bad thing... but it'd probably be better if the whole reason he became a shadowrunner didn't revolve around a momentarly lapse of computer security knowledge - or failure to hit up an ATM beforehand. biggrin.gif

Also, it would help if I knew Shwen's last name. I imagine its going to come up in coversation soon.
adamu
BlackHat

All right, I was going to do a fat IC post, but you have given me a lot of fine detail on how you want to handle things, including a lot of contengencies, so I am instead going to give you an outline of how things go as they relate to all the things you said you want to do, and let you handle the IC yourself. This give you some latitude to adjust your actions on the fly, as long as you stay within the parameters I note below.

First, no problem on securing some cash prior to your arrival. It is an important point, but the sort of thing that your character almost certainly think of even if you don't, since he actually lives in that world.
But the real reasons I'll allow the back-edit are that I really appreciate your keeping careful and honest track of your money, and also that, as you pointed out, I had not posted back yet.
So do the money the way you want, although I would appreciate a discreet edit to that effect in your earlier IC post (by discreet I mean no 'EDIT' notation).

Okay, down to biz.

* The waitress takes your cash and walks off. She neither goes to the bar nor toward Franco. But within ten seconds of her departure, Franco and the two bodyguards look at you, despite the fact that you are actually about 50 meters from them in a dimly lit, crowded, busy club.

* They ork goes over to Franco and converses with him, then resumes his post. When they speak, your hacking his earbud pays off - as I said, it is not for regular hearing, but for AR playback. However, it appears he is using a sound filter to help him hear his guy over the noise of the club (music's really loud), so that means it goes through the earbud. "Whaddaya wanna do about this mook, boss?"
"Hey, we're open for business here. Let's hear what he wants, the cheeky bastard."

* After that the ork resumes his post, and it is hard to tell if he is still watching you - his head is roughly in the right direction, but he's put on a pair of shades. The troll and Franco are no longer looking in your direction.

* If/when you approach, the guards stand up as you mount the stairs. Your etiquette is high enough to tell by just a slight, vague gesture from the ork that he's going to search you - very old school. If you let him, he takes his time, does a good job - doesn't remove your clothes or anything, but definitely examines anything he finds in your pockets, and he gives your crotch and buttcrack a good probe.

* After that he'll lead you over to the table and pull out a chair for you to sit in. That will be the first time Franco looks up at you. He does not wear shades. His commlink sits on the table in front of him. He wears a white silk shirt, unbuttoned about halfway down his tan, hairy chest. Yes, gold chains. Big diamond pinky ring on left hand. He's EXTREMELY muscular, and a big guy to start with. Thick black hair. Good looking in a sort of animal way - blunt but even features. He appears very relaxed.

* You can speak first if that is still your desire.

Please do an IC post of your actions, reflecting the basic description I have provided.
adamu
Everyone

Just so you know, there will be no karma until I get back online - which is turning out to be even more of a nightmare than I had anticipated. The first Saturday after I do, I will do an award reflecting the amount of time it has been, although it must also reflect the reduced level of posting activity (which is essentially MY fault, and is not intended as a punishment, just a reflection of the way things are).

Thank you for your patience during this time of technical backwardness.
adamu
DireRadiant

Okay, you got initiative.

You get the pipe and charge the two on foot. Even though you do not have an action to attack, you easily reach them with your movement, so that means they are in melee by the time they get an action.

The cop you go after, a woman (all four officers in this scene are human, and the other three are male) fires a shot at you that goes wide - she's lost her nerve at the sight of you charging her with a big chunk of steel - drops her pistol and takes out her stun baton.

Morris is charging them right alongside you. His target gets off two shots before Morris crashes into him. He doesn't go down, but they are locked in a grapple.

The car screeches to a stop and two cops are getting out and approaching fast. They'll definitely be in it next combat turn.

Okay, I've got your initiative, but with the new round I'll need fresh reaction/soak rolls. Especially because it's a big melee now - those other two aren't going to risk shooting their friends - so the numbers will be different.

IC now or wait until we resolve a bit further along - up to you.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Actually, the very fact that you are telling the truth means that you are not using Con. Persuasion is under Leadership. But that still leaves you 15 dice and your two successes intact.
As you will see from the IC, he will listen to your whispered statement.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ok, this imagined encounter was unforseen, still Iīll handle the following next:

Blocking moves by Arthur Vogel's Sierra Inc to get injunctions based on a plethora of environmental problems - erosion from strip mining, mercury seepage into water tables, etc. 20

As I allready mentioned, my strategy will basically be, to produce precedents with extrateritorial enclaves allready existing in the apalachians and elsewhere, that would later aply to all of NeoNETīs apalachian holdings. This way, I hope to gain the leverage of extrateritoriality, while media coverage is still low and NeoNETīs plans stay secret as long as possible. The implementation phase (or a second implementation phase) might off cause take place later, when the plans are further down the line.
During this quest Iīd like to include non-NeoNET holdings of other extrateritorial corps, mainly Ares (especially those that Knight wonīt alow to take a hit) -to entangle Vogel in a conflict of interests- but allso others like MCT, to gain their later support against SK.
Itīd be a good one, if Samantha Villiers can make her conection to Nadia Daviar (Gavilan Ventres) count in this situation, to hold Vogel back a bit. Subtility is of the essence here, off cause. But since NeoNET has some known interests in the apalachians, my involvement with this issue shouldnīt give away the master-plan.
Also Iīll try to further damage UCAS Steel - redirecting trouble their way if possible.
An alliance with Horrizon might be possible as they probably have some issues with Sierra in the CFS (Sierras base) concerning the rebuilding after the tidel wave. Some negative media on Sierra (i.e. about the rumored terrorist contacts) would be fantastic, as would be documentaries and stuff, that plays down the ecological problems Sierra is addressing.
Louisa might as well become a problem in this quest, so my guys are set to further search for skelletons in her closet. If possible, Manolo DelGato will work for free in one the Mayhurstīs clinics (ideally piced by one of my intel goons, for maximum information value) - spying a bit on the side. Probbaly no more then a week or 2, but maybe longer, debending on what he finds.

Before any of this, the solution for the lawsuite will be send on itīs was, off cause. When this is water-tight, everyone gets a half day off (and next weeks are supposed to be regular 12h work schaduls).

On the side, Iīd also want to arrange for the Transsys Tour for Guadalupe (so it is available, once I want to give him his promised incentive). For the same reason, a box of Ramseyīs favourit ciggars has to be procured. And Iīll send Billings the book I recomanded right away, with a hand pened letter pointing to the right placesin the book (an unused hard-copy version).
Abbandon
* is it my imagination or is it actually easier to shoot people who are engaged in combat? Im not aware of any penalty shooting into a melee and the defender gets -3 to try and dodge it.

@adamu hey is it alright if i have a dream or some dream sequences while im out of it ? Probably should have thought of this sooner but oh well hehe.
DireRadiant
Harriet - Third Wave

QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 1 2006, 06:58 PM)
IC now or wait until we resolve a bit further along - up to you.

Let's resolve more ooc before posting, that way I think we can do a more organic post.

Rolls

Harriet is attacking the officer with who fired at Morris, defending against all the others.

Rolls

Reaction 5 + Club 4 + EDGE 4 = 13 to Attack the Officer who shot Morris
6 3 1 6 4 6 5 6 3 5 4 6 6 (4 3 4 1 2 2) = 8 Hits (This is a weird roll, no hit from rule of six... smile.gif )

Reaction 5 + Club 4 = 9 Melee dodges
5 4 6 3 5 6 1 2 2 = 4
1 4 5 5 6 3 3 2 5 = 4
2 5 3 5 2 6 1 4 3 = 3
6 5 5 1 6 4 6 2 4 = 3

Reaction 5 = 5 Range Dodges
6 4 1 6 5 = 3
5 4 5 4 3 = 2
3 2 4 3 6 = 1
6 1 3 1 1 = 1 Glitch
4 5 5 1 3 = 2
4 5 1 2 1 = 1 Glitch

Body 6 = Damage soaks
2 6 6 3 5 3 = 3
2 5 6 6 5 5 = 5
1 6 4 5 5 3 = 3
6 4 4 6 2 4 = 2
2 2 2 2 1 3 = 0
1 5 2 5 6 5 = 4
3 5 6 1 1 5 = 3

IP Pass 3 Init
Init 7
2 3 5 5 5 3 6 = 4 + 7 = 11, adjusted by no doubt some wound modifiers

Use and adjust rolls as needed. I'll do another set for next init pass, e.g. the extras , if any get tossed out.

I am missing the reach modifier for the weapon assuming it's a club, reach 1, i it matters. Also assuming it's a club the damage is STR 6 /2 + 1 = 4P
BlackHat
RE: Shooting into melee

I'm not sure, I vaguely remmeber having this same thought before. I know there is a penalty for shooting while you are in melee combat - such that your penalty to hit and your opponents penalty to dodge (since he is in melee too) make the difference in skills mean a lot more.

As for firing into a melee from a safe position, I think you might be right.
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
First, no problem on securing some cash prior to your arrival. It is an important point, but the sort of thing that your character almost certainly think of even if you don't, since he actually lives in that world.

So do the money the way you want, although I would appreciate a discreet edit to that effect in your earlier IC post (by discreet I mean no 'EDIT' notation).

Okay, it'll take me a sec to back it up. I assume from the fluff in the BBB that cash is still accepted at most places, but a little uncommon - so my first idea that Adam's dorm might have a bunch of ATMs (like my old dorm in real life) probably doesn't make any sense. Having Adam hit up a (relativly rarely used) ATM on the way there is probably the best idea - since even at now-a-day's prices $100 isn't going to go far - and the idea is to impress.
BlackHat
IC post added. Will follow up tomarrow with more OOC details, but I'm not sure how much of this conversation you wanted to handle IC, and how much you wanted to reduce to die-rolls. smile.gif One idea might be that I post a list of the points that Adam will intend to make during their conversation, and you could call for whatever die rolls are appropriate with penalties or bonuses....

As for the cash - I think Adam will have taken out another nuyen.gif 300, and would have still paid for 3 drinks without ordering one for himself. So, he handed the bouncer nuyen.gif 50, and the waitress nuyen.gif 100. That leaves nuyen.gif 250 for him to wave around before making his daring escape. rotfl.gif
adamu
Abbandon

Sure, dream away, as long as it does not involve any sort of perception regarding your actual current situation.
adamu
BlackHat

Sorry I forgot to answer this question earlier - Shwen's last name is Xiao.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012