Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
Carla's actions:

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
People should go ahead and read BlueRondo's spoiler, as it includes a question she sends out over the team network.
Divine Virus
Thanks everyone! I can't express how much fun I have had being the bad guy. I'll keep watching until I actually leave (this Thursday) and I wish you the best of luck, and tons of fun.
Cheers!
DV.
Jack Robustus
adamu I've sent a pm with some more all purpose rolls.

Jack will free action eject clip. Simple action insert new clip. Steady himself, then walk into the bar. At which point he will observe in detail. You can make that roll please.
adamu
QUOTE (Jack Robustus @ May 6 2008, 03:39 AM) *
adamu I've sent a pm with some more all purpose rolls.

Dude, did you send that today? I haven't gotten any PMs from you recently....

Anyway, I have got your initial declaration for what you are doing.

I now know what everyone is up to or hopes to get up to EXCEPT MJ and MK. We've had a bit of a lag here, so as soon as I get declarations from one of the two, I am going to press forward.
Jack Robustus
I sent the PM yesterday, at about the same time I posted my IC for the scene. If I could remember how to do a spoiler I would just post it here. Sigh,I'll type up another PM now. Luckily I still have my bit of scratch paper with the rolls written down on it. Although, typing them again will be most depressing, as you will see.
adamu
Got that PM.

Actually, if things aren't something you really want to keep secret, or they aren't super lengthy, you don't even need a spoiler.

But to do one - and there are probably easier ways, but this is the way computer-dumb adamu knows - just type - hmmm - I have to tell you how to do this without actually making a spoiler - just type [*SPOILER*]then the spoiler content without any spaces between the spoiler tags and then type[*/SPOILER*].

And don't use the asterisks at all - if I hadn't, there would be a spoiler on this post right now.
BlueRondo
Just letting you know I'm still around and checking in - I just haven't posted because nothing's happened yet.
MK Ultra
Declarations:

[ Spoiler ]

Rolls for Perception, Con, Palming, etc. will follow asap
MK Ultra
Specific Rolls for Declaration

[ Spoiler ]

Looks quiet good, tell me, if you need anything else, or just roll yourself if you want to speed up things smile.gif
adamu
Okay - we are off initiative.

Vegas has dibs on the next IC post.

After she posts, everyone is free to go back to usual, open posting style.

Also, apparently MJ is in the hospital for the next week - he says nothing serious - so Vegas, you have the reins on Paddy's general actions until he gets back.
BlueRondo
Stay well, MJ!
Vegas
@ Adamu

I will TRY to get a post up as soon as possible. I'm going into crazy-mode till about Tuesday (It's the birthday + Mother's Day combo FTW!) I've got events or celebrations or preparations for said things until then. I will do my best to try to get something together in my minute bits of downtime, but wanted to give you all a heads up in case it doesn't come super quick like.

@MJ Get healthy dammit! smile.gif smile.gif
Jack Robustus
adamu thanks for the spoiler tip and thanks for the baleful glare in the IC post.
adamu
ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay, this is about two weeks earlier than I'd planned, but events overtake me, and in any case I have been hinting that this is coming...

I am hereby on "erratic posting" status.

Make no mistake, I will continue to GM. Indeed, I am not quitting any of the games I am involved with. I may even continue to post daily a lot of the time. But there may also be unpredictable absences of up to a week. Things will be crazy.

So if you don't hear from me, not to worry. I'll always be back.

The good news is that in a month or two I will have time to really make this game all it can be.
Until, then, we shall proceed, just a bit more slowly.

Thank you for your patience.
Vegas
Sorry that the post wasnt all that an a bag of chips.. I really wanted to do more with it, but honestly I don't have the brain power (or the time) to do so right now.

Short, sweet and to the point for now. And will let the others move forward as needed instead of me holding you guys up longer.

After Monday I'll be back in full swing.. really!

@ Adamu - Good luck with the craziness! Looking forward to having you back full-force!
MK Ultra
Hope you get better, soon, MJ.

Make the best of those crazy times, adamu.
Jack Robustus
ANNOUNCEMENT

From May 15-28 I will be on a combination of vacation, holidays and business trips. Like adamu I will be on erratic posting during that time period.

IN THE GAME

Jack will activate his commlink and place a call to Hiram Spitz.
MK Ultra
Happy Birthday, Vegas. Hope you have a wonderfull day!
Vegas
Thanks MK!!

Here's hoping it's a good one biggrin.gif
Vegas
Sorry for a long rambly post... but there was a lot to be said wink.gif

Oh yeah and... SURPRISE! biggrin.gif
BlueRondo
Adamu

The chosen destination will be whichever location is deemed "safest to get to" by the Los Locos members.

The driver is either Bandito or Padre, depending on who claims to be the better driver or who knows the route to the destination better. If neither of them know the route very well, then they will be directed by whoever does know the route. And if nobody knows the route, then Carla will give the driver her AR glasses so he can see the map.

Hope you don't mind my rushing through those things - I just want to keep things moving along.
MK Ultra
As I understood, Blue Rondo´s intention had been to allready be moving with the van (though the headers position didn´t indicate this). In any case Jack interpreted the post differently and I went with his interpretation (van still there), since it seems just as valid, spares us any editing and is no big deal anyway.

Blue
In any case, please specify, if you are handing us any medical supplies, patches or even a med-kit.

Adamu
The decryption/Interception of Vanity´s com, which I started during the fight scene, should be done, so I should get anything she sents via her hidden com. If the comlink I suppose to belong to EJ or the second com belonging to Naguel are still in signal range (that is, thair signal range), I´ll command my agent to intercept their transmissions, as well.

Do I see the Sensor package Naguel placed at the door when he entered HD?

How long would it take to disable the Hispanic bikes wifi antenna (I might ask St. Pierre for a vehicle tool kit if that would help)? How long to trash the bikes wifi capability? Same for the sensorpackage if I see it.
MK Ultra
P.S.: Nice show, Vegas biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Adamu

Rolls (you might want to drop the last few dice from some of the rolls, for negative modifires and depending on the projected time needed, I might not try the hardware task at all).
[ Spoiler ]

EDIT 2:

Intimidation (p. 120-122) would be resisted with Intimidation+Willpower intoxication usually gives a flat -1 on social rolls, I guess that´s in addition to possible special effects from the drug in question. I guess there is a good chance she´d heed my advice smile.gif

Then again, a trog did manage to resist my charm, when I even had the benefit of blackmail wink.gif
BlueRondo
My intention was only that the characters start moving soon - they don't need to be moving already.

Carla gives Krait two stim patches and some bandages from the medkit, but she keeps the medkit for herself (to work on Vanity.)
MK Ultra
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure, that you didn´t feel overrun or retconned by my post. What ratings do the stimpatches have (just in case)?

Everyone
You could try a supportive Intimidation+Charisma roll (modifires on p. 122) to add (hit) Bonus dice to my roll (just could roll those dice yourself for quickness sake).
Vegas
@ MK

I can tell you based off the PM that Adamu sent me originally while trying to flesh out that little charade that Vanity is all but maxed out on stun damage, hence if you mess with her you'll likely either knock her out completely and or she won't respond/make a lot of sense of what you're saying. Tried to make her "alive" without being "alert" in my posting.

Not sure your idea for supportive Intimidation + Charisma rolls would do much at this point, nor would the comment you made IC, but that's IMNSHO, so take it with a grain of salt. Obviously it'll be up to Adamu as to what actually gets through, if anything to Vanity. Might have better luck with intimidating her once she's a little more alert/awake. Perhaps once we all get to the next location, whatever that might be.

BlueRondo
Rating 3 patches, MK.
adamu
Okay - as of now, I still have everyone in front of the bar.

As stated in the post, Padre is at the wheel, Bandito in the shotgun seat, and in the back are Vanity, Etain, Carla and St. Pierre.

The back is full. If anyone else gets in the back, they will have to be physically on top of someone else.

Once you get moving, I need to know where - BR and MK - all I have are locations 1 through 9 - assume the gangers choose a good one - whatever number doesn't matter - but I need one of you to tell me where generally that is - either a speciific Seattle location, or just how far away and what it is that makes you consider it "safe."

MK - in response to your threat, Vanity nods vaguely. She is pretty out of it, but you think she understood you. Her PAN shuts down when you make your threat.

If you go look at the bike, you see it is trashed - won't be driving anywhere. But yes, the comm suite could still be functional. It still has an active signal, though it doesn't appear to be sending anything right now. St. Pierre has tools if you ask. But without an auto mechanic test and time, you are not going to be able to get into the guts to disable the thing, although if you had tools and time, you have enough Hardware test successes to actually disable/remove the component if you can get to it.

Your scans no longer pick anything up on the Hispanic.

You pick up the following from EJ before you lose his signal abruptly: [to commcode you don't know, but now have]<<Van's dead. Don't answer. Go to ground. Someone gunning for us. Call later.>>

Could you tell me again how exactly you know about the camera Naguel hid outside the bar entrance? If you have a reason to be looking for it, you will see it. If you are just hoping to accidentally notice it amidst all the confusion, you won't see it.

I think that covers everything directed at me from the IC and OOC. If I missed anything so far let me know.

Everyone free to post at will, including incorporating any answers/rulings above.

EDITED: I edited this post after rereading everyone's recent questions/actions - so if you previously read this without the edit notification, read it again.
adamu
Vegas - first off, congratulations on a major coup, both in terms of run achievement and dramatic moment.

Next - no rest for the wicked - when you get time, could you add a page to the Wiki for Jack. Maybe PM him with the address and authorize him on it. Only when you get a free moment - I know how busy you are, and he's too busy for the next little while to do anything with it anyway.

Jack - If you haven't been to the site yet, we have a wiki page for the campaign. It includes a section with multiple mini-sites for the players. Let's you post an image if you like, and also you can keep all your stats handy there. Wirte stuff fleshing out your physical description, history, contacts, your evolving takes on other PCs, etc. All aspects of it are optional - some people use it a lot, some hardly at all.
The only thing I ask people NOT to do on it is track their karma, cuz I like to keep awards private.
MK Ultra
Naguel sent a picture of me with a message. I thought this picture had been taken by the sensor package at the door, so unless he edited out the background, I´d be expecting a camera somewhere at the door, which I hadn´t noticed when I entered the place. If he actually used a picture taken by Big Glen´s cybereyes, his own glasses or whatever inside, I´d not expect the sensor package, of course.

In case I do find it. If he´s half as paranoid as me, the package probably has a physical on-off switch in adition of any other controlls. If that´s not the case, I´d be looking to remove the powersupply or the antenna to disable it.
BlueRondo
Adamu; regarding a destination, I imagine a "safe" place would be the nearest low-security area that doesn't take the runners through any hostile gang territory.
MK Ultra
I am currently tinkering with the wiki to set up jacks page, but my browser keeps crashing for some reason, so I might have to give up soon and resume later or have somebody else take care or it.

Regarding places. I had exactly that in mind. Just a place a few minutes (~ 3 by bike, 6 by van, 15 by foot), where we can decide what to do next with little publicity (when I picked the places, I still considdered that we have a corpse in the van).

EDIT:

Ok, pages for Jack are up and linked. This is the Home Page and this is Jack´s Main Page.

Now somebody just has to PM the generic DSF accounts login and password (not me, because I have forgotten it) to Jack, or he has to make his own account.
adamu
MK - that's as good a guess as any as to which cameras he took the pix with. You are thorough as ever. Good enough for me. You spot the camera outside the front door and easily remove its power supply with a fingernail.

No problem on your destination parameters - once you get moving, assume a five minute drive south on Alaska way, just to another section of the docks. Low security (on the public streets) and not much to interest gangs.

MK - thanks so much for getting the wiki thing rolling. I think we can probably count on Vegas for the password or authorization or whatever.

So now we need to get some more IC up!
Vegas
Sorry for the disappearing act. Had a lot on my plate the past couple of days.

@ Adamu

I need to know what physical level of injury Vanity is at in order to cast heal (or more specifically handle drain) so I'm tossing a bunch of rolls your way to let you figure out how much stun (if any) Etain takes. Multiple rolls for multiple sets of injuries. biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

I don't know if I'll have a chance to get a post up today/tomorrow, so if someone (BR?) is itching to post/do something by all means just post something about Etain leaning in over Vanity, putting her hands over various parts of her body and moving on. I'll still try to get something up before then, but just in case wink.gif Granted I suppose we'll have to wait for Adamu to let us know just how "successful" her healing is.

BlueRondo
Sure, I'll post something tomorrow if you don't get a chance to post today.

Also, if adamu allows it, I'll do an IC post tomorrow for the team's arrival at the destination point (assuming they don't have any wild encounters along the way.)
adamu
Vegas - I'll say you don't get to work until 30 seconds or so passes, which is how long you are still at -2 from electrical damage. After that, even though you still have the Bliss effects for a few more minutes, you still manage to totally heal Vanity w/o any drain. She still totally drunk, but much more coherent now.

BlueRondo - yes, you can post your arrival, but keep in mind that would be just the van at this point - we still have not worked out how Jack, Paddy, and Krait are getting there.
BlueRondo
Adamu, I know you said the back of the van is full, but would it be at all possible to fit anybody else in the front? (i.e.: maybe between the driver/passenger seat.)

Or alternatively, if we put St. Pierre in the passenger seat, does that free up any more room in the back? (since the troll is ostensibly much bigger than everyone else.)
adamu
BR - as I said - it is POSSIBLE, but it will mean stacking people on top of one another clown-car style. Far be it from me to stop you, but you will have to get the macho gangers to go for it - they will not be remotely cool with guys sitting on guys' laps. Carla or Etain, probably fine, but that would have its own ramifications.
And I won't be responsible for the modifiers that come up if there is a crash, further medical/healing, or security issues with your prisoner.

St. Pierre simply will not fit in either of the front seats.

Those are clarifications of the situation - you remain free to initiate any action you wish.

FYI - I am pretty sure Jack has a proposal, but of course he is on vacation...if you have an idea, don't wait, go for it. That's what absence notifications are for - so we don't wait.
Vegas
I'm putting up a post momentarily... obviously with the timing given by Adamu above, there will be a fairly "large" gap (I'm picturing a couple of minutes) while Etain does her thing. Feel free guys to keep things moving (i.e. getting the van on it's way, etc) and "overlapping" my post time instead of spending the time waiting outside the bar.. biggrin.gif
adamu
Totally bitchin' posts from the ladies.

Guys, you out there?
MK Ultra
Sorry for the delay. Going to post tonight, just didn´t have the time since the weekend.

Blue Rondo
I´ll have to know, what to do with Jack (see upcomming IC). John will point out that the ork is acting as if looking for work and might be convinced to help out without, but may also be sent by someone to spy on the group.
Take him along to the meeting (John will advice against this)
Leave him somewhere to pick him up later, after dealing with vanity
Arrange to stay in contact, but don´t take him along
or just leave him behind at HD (John will advice against this)

Nice IC posts so far Ladies biggrin.gif

EDIT: Regardless of the mode of transportation, I´ll ask the others to stop and drop the sensor package somwhere it won´t be found by the first passer-by. Thus it will be at least 1 minute away from the meeting site (and idealy closer to at least one of the suggested sites), just in case it is stealth tagged or something like that.
BlueRondo
MK - have Carla reply to Krait's message with option B.
MK Ultra
Jack please feel encouraged, to post a reply to Krait´s proposal, but eventually the two elves will leave him alone.

Adamu
Does Naguel´s bike have runflat tires?

I´d like to spoof a command, so it apears to come from Naguel´s high rating comlink. My best bet for the controlling device of the bike, would be the high rating one, if it had been the low rating one, I should have intercepted some commands. Hacking+Spoof vs Pilot+Firewall, p. 224, 4 hits. If that succeeds, the bike should shut down all wifi connections (not receiving any signals, either), for 40 minutes, after which it should reestablish a conection to the matrix and send it´s location to one of my miscellaneous e-mail accounts (one I have not been using before) and turn down signal strength to 0 again, going silent while waiting for further instructions.

If the spoofing dosn´t seem to work, I will analyze the drone´s node (buying 3 hits, Computer+Analyze, p. 217) to learn Pilot (System Rating), Firewall and alert status. Depending on what I see, I´d probbably try to hack the system on the fly. I´d like to do all this in the ~3 minutes, before I´m going to drop the sensor pack.

Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]

Everyone
As far as I am concerned, feel free, to have me arrive with Paddy at the meeting with your next IC post.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ May 24 2008, 01:24 PM) *
Adamu
Does Naguel´s bike have runflat tires?

adamu - no. And the frame is totally bent out of shape and crushed in some places - the bike will not run.

I´d like to spoof a command, so it apears to come from Naguel´s high rating comlink. My best bet for the controlling device of the bike, would be the high rating one, if it had been the low rating one, I should have intercepted some commands. Hacking+Spoof vs Pilot+Firewall, p. 224, 4 hits. If that succeeds, the bike should shut down all wifi connections (not receiving any signals, either), for 40 minutes, after which it should reestablish a conection to the matrix and send it´s location to one of my miscellaneous e-mail accounts (one I have not been using before) and turn down signal strength to 0 again, going silent while waiting for further instructions.

adamu - all that is no problem. Consider it done.

MK Ultra
Yea, I only considdered that it might be really trashed after posting the hacking stuff. Can it still be moved, though (pushing, draging) - preferable faster then a meter a minute? Because -not with standing that Jack could still just decide to leave it there- my hacking operation won´t make much sense in case it can´t be moved without heavy machinery. Then again, that may be hard to astimate just by looking at it for 3 seconds, and I don´t know what Jack is capable of and willing to do, anyway. So the spoofing would be done regardlessly, I guess.

EDIT: IC will have to wait untill tomorrow or saturday.
adamu
It can be sort of pushed along. And most of the electronics are likely to be intact - the expensive parts are just chips anyway - you are hacking them, after all.

There is nothing wrong with your current efforts to salvage some supplemental income, and I think you have handled it reasonably.

As for what Jack can do with it...well, he should be back from his business trips soon....
BlueRondo
The game seems to be slipping back into critical condition.
Vegas
I'm kinda waiting on you guys (and or MJ) to post. Really Etain isn't about to jump into the driver's seat, one because she wouldn't have a clue as to what to do and two, she's not in a good head space at the moment. Besides, I'm not about to have her do that just for the sake of pushing this scene forward.

I think the balls in Carla and/or Krait's court for pushing this forward at the moment. Plus we're kinda waiting on Jack's return from business to get back into the game and move his character forward as necessary...
adamu
Things have slowed down a bit, but I am not so worried, as there have been identifiable and temporary reasons for it.

As you know, I remain on semi-active status, though things should start to get better. I should now be posting every day, but probably just minimal updates for a week or so.

Jack should be back from his trips soon.

And I just got a PM from MJ - apparently his health was worse than anyone thought, but he is better now and should be back with us soon.

Now that everyone but Jack is all in one place, I reckon it is up to Carla and Krait to push things forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012