Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Dhuul
Oh, my bad, i must have been too impatient about it... Though i guess that was were i got the idea in the first place, when i saw that tooltip "accidentally"
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 28 2011, 09:13 AM) *
Enemies are considered to be Negative Qualities, so you don't gain Karma by taking them during play.

hmm, I was sure that when I added a negative quality it listed the change on the karma log with a cost of zero.
Now when I do it, it doesn't. Don't know why I thought it used to do this.
McDougle
A quick question:

Since when does a player/character has to pay karma for contacts he is gaining during play(i put the contact-karmacost to 0 when i found it)?
redwulf25
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 28 2011, 04:36 PM) *
A quick question:

Since when does a player/character has to pay karma for contacts he is gaining during play(i put the contact-karmacost to 0 when i found it)?

Stupid question, you probably aren't doing this but . . .

Could you be looking at the cost for Karma based Character generation?
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 28 2011, 02:36 PM) *
A quick question:

You don't. Contacts gained or improved through play don't require a Karma expense. They're just given to you. The Karma cost for Contacts in the Options menu is the amount of Karma you pay for Contacts when you're building your character with Karma instead of BP.
ShadowWalker
I created a human with Genetic Optimization on Logic. Max logic is 7(10). I bought logic at a 6 at creation. In Career Mode the "+" for increasing Logic is disabled.
It works fine in Build as I can increase it to a 7, but in career mode it won't allow going past a 6.
phillosopherp
46 pages is a lot of pages to read and I haven't tracked this project since the beginning sadly so I will just ask is the first page current as too what all is in the generator, or more accurately what isn't in it?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (phillosopherp @ Jun 29 2011, 01:20 AM) *
46 pages is a lot of pages to read and I haven't tracked this project since the beginning sadly so I will just ask is the first page current as too what all is in the generator, or more accurately what isn't in it?

download what's on page one, and then in the options ask it to update itself.
phillosopherp
okay cool but is there still stuff that is missing or is it 100% up to date now?
Dakka Dakka
Almost everything from all the books is included.There may be the occasional omission, but basically it is only bugfixing and adding new features for better usability AFAIK.
StevenAngier
Some things are still outstanding and in need of clarification but thanks to nebular Chummer is pretty darn fine operational and useful!
Nebular
I don't have the full list on me at the moment, but some of the outstanding items are Limiting Living Persona Attribute, Sprite Critter Complex Forms, Add the Free A.I. Qualities from Unwired, and loosening the restriction on A.I. Qualities. So nothing that would stop 99% of the characters out there from being playable. There are a few others like Submersion history not being recorded properly, not being able to delete Vehicle Mods that come with a Vehicle, and Vehicle's base Armor reducing Speed/Accel if it's higher than its BOD, but those are being fixed in the next update. My players have been using it since our first game about 6 or 7 weeks ago and they've been happy with it. The biggest drawback right now is that it only works on Windows. It looks like it should work with the next public update of Mono though as it played nicely with the beta I grabbed a few weeks ago.
StevenAngier
If you could put it on it's feet with mono I think you will be designated for at least a six pack of kudos. Currently, Chummer is the only thing getting me to boot up windows.
Nebular
QUOTE (StevenAngier @ Jun 29 2011, 10:23 AM) *
If you could put it on it's feet with mono I think you will be designated for at least a six pack of kudos. Currently, Chummer is the only thing getting me to boot up windows.

Haha. Well, I'm checking the Mono Project page every day to see if they've finally updated it, but no dice so far. 2.10.2 is still the current build from April. Using the beta builds of GTK# 2.12.10 and Mono Develop 2.6.3 (not sure what build number of Mono that the beta build of Mono Develop is using), Chummer seems to work properly, so it should work as soon as the new versions of Mono are available. I keep hoping it's soon so I can give it one more test run and make any necessary minor changes. biggrin.gif
StevenAngier
You, sir, are my personal hero. I was grudgingly booting up windows just to double check my characters with Chummer. If it may happen that I don't need that anymore... no, I'm not going to share any intimacies with you... but I'm tempted. lol.

No, really. It's fine to see that you are also thinking cross platform.
Nebular
Build 133
  • Select PACKS Kit window now shows Staring Nuyen BP if a value is given
  • clicking in an empty space of the Kits list in the Select PACKS Kit window no longer throws an error
  • Gear plugins now have their Quantity set correctly when being added through a PAKCS Kit
  • added support for Complex Form Options to PACKS
  • added support for fully-defined Martial Arts to PACKS
  • added support for underbarrel Weapons to PACKS
  • added support for Vehicle Gear plugins to PACKS
  • added support for creating custom PACKS Kits based on a character through Special > Create PACKS Kit menu item in Create mode
  • Text-Only character sheet now prints Description, Background, Concept, and Notes sections when applicable
  • added Signal to the Build Nexus window
  • adding a Complex Form in Career Mode now asks for confirmation
  • Submersion History is now recorded properly
  • Undo for Submersion Grade Karma Expenses now works properly
  • Bound/Registered checkbox for Spirits/Sprites is now enabled in Career Mode
  • Vehicle Mods that come with a Vehicle can now be removed
  • Vehicles are no longer slowed down by the Armor they come equipped with by default (Armor Mods must exceed the Vehicle's standard Armor Rating to affect its Speed and Accel)
  • Free! and Do It Yourself now show the adjusted price in the Select windows
  • Enemies now allow for Connection Groups
  • A.I.s now have access to all of the Unwired A.I. Qualities, including those without BP values
  • unchecking Show only Qualities I can take in the Select a Quality window now works with A.I. characters
  • Physical and Mental Attributes can now be raised to their total maximum (Metatype Maximum + modifiers) instead of just their Metatype Maximum in Career Mode
  • Sprites now have access to the Sprites and Complex Forms tab
  • Sprites can now properly set their Complex Form Ratings to match their own Rating
  • individual character tabs now show just the character's name to make them easier to find
Oustanding Items
  • Nuyen Expense Cost Modifier
  • Living Persona Attributes
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • Technomancer Complex Form Skills
  • Skills Disabled by Attribute
  • Special Attribute-Only Tests
  • Military Grade Armor Enhancements
  • Character Print Preview
  • Contact Notes
  • Better Update Window
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Dice Rolling for Stat?
  • Support for Mutant and Toxic Critters Conversion
  • Spare Clips?
  • Cheat Sheets?
  • Multiple Capacity Items
StevenAngier
Btw any answer from J. Hardy regarding how to treat the Magic rating and Essence loss?
Nebular
Not yet. Be nice to hear something. frown.gif
Marwynn
Just noticed that the Free Spirit Qualities (Fixated, Former Ally Spirit) are listed as Positive Qualities instead of Negative. They both have "Bonus: X BP" in RC p93, and both are rather negative things to have.

Great work, Nebular! Keep it up!
Nebular
See, this is where I'm a little confused. They sound like they should be Negative Qualities, but on RC 93 they both are shown as Positive Qualities (all Negative Qualities have -XX BP instead of XX BP like these ones have). In addition, on RC 182, Fixated and Former Ally Spirit both appear in the Positive Qualities list and not the Negative Qualities list on RC 183-184. There's errata for the Runner's Companion, no errata thread for it on the SR4 forums, and no revised list of Qualities to show if the book is wrong. So from everything I can see, the way they are right now is correct.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 29 2011, 10:07 PM) *
See, this is where I'm a little confused. They sound like they should be Negative Qualities, but on RC 93 they both are shown as Positive Qualities (all Negative Qualities have -XX BP instead of XX BP like these ones have). In addition, on RC 182, Fixated and Former Ally Spirit both appear in the Positive Qualities list and not the Negative Qualities list on RC 183-184. There's errata for the Runner's Companion, no errata thread for it on the SR4 forums, and no revised list of Qualities to show if the book is wrong. So from everything I can see, the way they are right now is correct.

The skills Compiling, Decompiling and Registering do not grey out when you take the Tasking Skill Group.
ShadowWalker
I found a reason to want to have Negative Qualities added to the karma log in career mode. If it isn't in the log, you can't remove it except by spending karma.
Without it being in the log there is no way to rollback.

Interestingly enough, Enemies are costing no karma to remove, and it should. Just because you kill or eliminate the Enemy in question doesn't mean some relative, friend or love one doesn't come looking for you for revenge.

I thought Nuyen had the ability to roll back as well, but I don't seem to be able to do this. Am I dreaming or was this not possible before?
I added 10,000 when I meant to add 100,000 and when I right click no menu shows up.
I can undo items bought, or Nuyen Spent, but can't undo Nuyen Gained. Which I guess is a way to ensure the character does not end up in the negative.
Maybe it can check to see if there are any expenses after the nuyen was added. If there is then don't let it be removed, if there isn't let it be removed.
Nuyen Gained also does not have a confirmation on it, this is especially important on it since you can't easily fix mistakes.

When you add an Advanced Lifestyle it starts you at one month instead of zero. It does not charge anything for the one month it defaults to.
Marwynn
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 29 2011, 11:07 PM) *

Hmm, it shows -BP on yours? Mine just says Cost or Bonus and the BP itself. Looking at the AI Qualities for instance, Piloting Origin has "Cost: 5 or 10 BP" as a positive and "Bonus: 15 BP" as a negative for Ghost in the Machine.

For Former Ally Spirit and Fixated they both have "Bonus". They both are quite negative qualities as well, but I see what you're saying.

Hmm, I wonder if they can clear that up.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Jun 30 2011, 12:19 AM) *
Hmm, it shows -BP on yours? Mine just says Cost or Bonus and the BP itself. Looking at the AI Qualities for instance, Piloting Origin has "Cost: 5 or 10 BP" as a positive and "Bonus: 15 BP" as a negative for Ghost in the Machine.

For Former Ally Spirit and Fixated they both have "Bonus". They both are quite negative qualities as well, but I see what you're saying.

Hmm, I wonder if they can clear that up.

Looking at the Positive Qualities and Negative Qualities in RC all the Positive ones have Cost: XX BP and all the Negative ones have Bonus: XX BP.
It is the same for Infected, AI, etc. So it looks like that is what they used throughout the book to show which are negative and which are positive.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 30 2011, 03:42 AM) *
Looking at the Positive Qualities and Negative Qualities in RC all the Positive ones have Cost: XX BP and all the Negative ones have Bonus: XX BP.
It is the same for Infected, AI, etc. So it looks like that is what they used throughout the book to show which are negative and which are positive.

Took another look and they're all XX BP in the book. I think I'm used to seeing XX BP and -XX BP because of the Chummer data files. wobble.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 29 2011, 11:16 PM) *
I found a reason to want to have Negative Qualities added to the karma log in career mode. If it isn't in the log, you can't remove it except by spending karma.
Without it being in the log there is no way to rollback.

Interestingly enough, Enemies are costing no karma to remove, and it should. Just because you kill or eliminate the Enemy in question doesn't mean some relative, friend or love one doesn't come looking for you for revenge.

Both good points. I'll try to get those in the next update.

I thought Nuyen had the ability to roll back as well, but I don't seem to be able to do this. Am I dreaming or was this not possible before?
I added 10,000 when I meant to add 100,000 and when I right click no menu shows up.
I can undo items bought, or Nuyen Spent, but can't undo Nuyen Gained. Which I guess is a way to ensure the character does not end up in the negative.
Maybe it can check to see if there are any expenses after the nuyen was added. If there is then don't let it be removed, if there isn't let it be removed.
Nuyen Gained also does not have a confirmation on it, this is especially important on it since you can't easily fix mistakes.

You can undo Karma and Nuyen Expenses, but not manually created ones like you had done. The assumption was that if you created one, you obviously intended to since you'd enter the description, amount, etc., clearly not realising that the wrong number could be entered. Again, hopefully next update.

When you add an Advanced Lifestyle it starts you at one month instead of zero. It does not charge anything for the one month it defaults to.

All of the Lifestyles start at 1 when you first add them since it seems silly that you'd pick a Lifestyle and just leave it at 0. The problem is that after you build your Advanced Lifestyle, the method that updates all of the character information and calculates the total Nueyn cost of everything isn't being called. This is a whole 2 lines of code so it will be in the next update.
McDougle
In the german RC the only two additional Qualities for free spirits are negative(so that was errated in collaboration with Pegasus).

To pay karma to loose an enemy should be made optional(as a gm i give my players enemies from time to time(because thats how the world turns), but they can take care of them without spending karma they need so desperate for other means wink.gif ... on the other hand i want it to be in my hands if an enemy has someone who will take revenge for him or nit).
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 30 2011, 09:46 AM) *
In the german RC the only two additional Qualities for free spirits are negative(so that was errated in collaboration with Pegasus).

To pay karma to loose an enemy should be made optional(as a gm i give my players enemies from time to time(because thats how the world turns), but they can take care of them without spending karma they need so desperate for other means wink.gif ... on the other hand i want it to be in my hands if an enemy has someone who will take revenge for him or nit).

Could put a question on Enemies asking if it costs Karma to remove or not. Could do that with all Qualities in Career mode. Just like Free! on equipment.
I would say ones chosen at the time of creation would need karma to be spent to remove. Where as ones gained during play would not. This would be a gm thing.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 30 2011, 08:01 AM) *
All of the Lifestyles start at 1 when you first add them since it seems silly that you'd pick a Lifestyle and just leave it at 0. The problem is that after you build your Advanced Lifestyle, the method that updates all of the character information and calculates the total Nueyn cost of everything isn't being called. This is a whole 2 lines of code so it will be in the next update.

Advanced Lifestyles in both Career Mode and Build Mode starts at a 1 but doesn't charge anything.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 30 2011, 11:48 AM) *
Could put a question on Enemies asking if it costs Karma to remove or not. Could do that with all Qualities in Career mode. Just like Free! on equipment.
I would say ones chosen at the time of creation would need karma to be spent to remove. Where as ones gained during play would not. This would be a gm thing.

I like it!
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 30 2011, 09:46 AM) *

That's all I need to hear. I'll have these fixed up for the next update.
Nebular
The Qualities data file has been updated to move Former Ally Spirit and Fixed Qualities to the Negative category.
Burrito Al Pastor
AIs can't be marked as Created because they have less than the minimum amount of Essence. Oops.
Nebular
'Cause everyone likes more stuff! (and the list of updates is finally longer than the list of outstanding items biggrin.gif)

Build 136
  • added support for <armorencumbrancepenalty /> to Improvement Manager which adjusts the AGI and REA penalties by the number specified
  • Nuyen totals are correctly updated after adding an Advanced Lifestyle
  • added Expense Undo support for manually created Karma and Nuyen Expenses
  • Skill Groups are disabled if you do not have access to at least one of the Group's Active Skills
  • adding a Negative Quality in Career Mode now creates a Karma Expense Entry which can be undone
  • added a Free! checkbox to the Select a Quality window in Career Mode which changes a Quality's cost to 0 Karma
  • Metatypes with a natural Essence of 0 can now be marked as Created
  • Armor Mods now create their Improvements using their selected Rating instead of Rating 1
  • Armor Mods now update their Improvements when their Rating changes
  • added Military-Grade Armor Enhancements from Arsenal
  • Nuyen Expenses now have a % adjustment field that modifies the total value of the Expense
  • when deleting Enemies in Career Mode, you can choose between removing them for free or removing them with Karma
  • special Attribute-only tests (Composure, Judge Intentions, Lift/Carry, and Memory) now appear on the Other Info tab and on the character sheets
  • Living Persona Attributes are now properly limited by the RES Attribute
Outstanding Items
  • Look Into Priority Build System
  • Character Print Preview
  • Contact Notes
  • Better Update Window
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Dice Rolling for Stat?
  • Support for Mutant and Toxic Critters Conversion
  • Cheat Sheets?
Irian
I really hate to say that, but: The knowledge-Skill-Bug is still there. Just loaded my character and he's suddenly missing 6 knowledge skills (and now has 12 unspent karma points, last time I saved him, he had zero).
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Jul 2 2011, 01:01 PM) *
I really hate to say that, but: The knowledge-Skill-Bug is still there. Just loaded my character and he's suddenly missing 6 knowledge skills (and now has 12 unspent karma points, last time I saved him, he had zero).

That is really weird. Is this the same character that you emailed me about a week ago?
Marwynn
Also, just noticed that the Drake Quality doesn't remove BP or Karma under either generation systems.
Nebular
The update window finally bugged me to the point of it just had to be changed. Now. mad.gif So not much in this update, but I figured it's best to get the revised update out there now so it's less annoying and I can make sure it's working properly.

Build 137
  • update window now displays the changelog for the application when an application update is being downloaded
  • update window now updates a File Progress progress bar to show that work is actually being done instead of appearing as though the update has stopped
Nebular
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Jul 2 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Also, just noticed that the Drake Quality doesn't remove BP or Karma under either generation systems.

Um... whoops. Qualities that are marked as not counting towards the BP limit should only not count towards the Positive/Negative Quality BP limit but should still come out of the character's BP total. This only affects the Drake and Infected: [whatever] Qualities.
Irian
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 2 2011, 08:42 PM) *
That is really weird. Is this the same character that you emailed me about a week ago?

I don't think so. Similar character, but not the same file. But as they are similar, they both should have College Education, which is the only thing influencing knowledge skills in both of them I can think of.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Jul 2 2011, 02:44 PM) *
I don't think so. Similar character, but not the same file. But as they are similar, they both should have College Education, which is the only thing influencing knowledge skills in both of them I can think of.

I've been trying to get the save file you sent me to recreate this problem to no avail, even using different and random regions. The only reason I could see this happening is if a Knowledge Skill suddenly gets marked as not being a Knowledge Skill, but in order to do that, you'd need to modify the save file itself. The next time this happens, could you email me the save file (don't hit save, just send the file as it was right when it was opened), then Save As to another file name and email that was well so I have a before and after comparison. With any luck it'll show me what has changed between the two and what might be causing the problem. Really like to get this one solved. It's just so... weird. smile.gif
Fyndhal
Slight issue with PACKS.

I saved a custom cyberware/bioware PACK and when I tried to load it onto a new character, if basically had 6 copies of the ware leaving the new character at -45 essence. Hilarious, but I'm sure not the intent!
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Fyndhal @ Jul 3 2011, 10:13 AM) *
Slight issue with PACKS.

I saved a custom cyberware/bioware PACK and when I tried to load it onto a new character, if basically had 6 copies of the ware leaving the new character at -45 essence. Hilarious, but I'm sure not the intent!

UberZombie!
Nebular
At what point does your character need to admit that he has a slight 'ware addiction and receive an intervention from his friends? smile.gif

The problem is that I put a single } in the wrong place, so instead of checking for items, then writing them out if the type was applicable, it just wrote out everything every time it looped. So if you have 5 pieces of 'Ware, you'll have 5 copies of each piece instead of a single copy of each. Gotta love how moving a single character can screw up so much. I'll have another update out today which will take care of this and the Qualities issue that Marwynn mentioned last night, along with some changes to printing.
Nebular
Build 138
  • Qualities marked as not contributing towards the Positive/Negative Quality BP limit properly deduct their cost from the character's BP/Karma total
  • Print window in Create Mode no longer prevents you from continuing to work in the main application window
  • characters now remember they have a Print window open and bring it to the foreground
  • Print windows now refresh automatically when they are open and a change is made to the character in Career Mode
  • creating a PACKS Kit with Bioware/Cyberware no longer creates multiple copies of each item
  • added a basic Dice Roller to the Tools menu
  • added support for adding notes to Contacts and Enemies
Outstanding Items
  • Look Into Priority Build System
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Support for Mutant and Toxic Critter Conversion
  • Cheat Sheets?
Dakka Dakka
At least with my PDF "printer" and the number of contacts, qualities and armor items the print out makes a page break just below the first line of the weapon boxes. Maybe you could force a pagebreak before or add options to change the location of the break.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jul 3 2011, 02:25 PM) *
At least with my PDF "printer" and the number of contacts, qualities and armor items the print out makes a page break just below the first line of the weapon boxes. Maybe you could force a pagebreak before or add options to change the location of the break.

Yeah, I'd like to. The problem I ran into in the past is that the CSS page break formatting code doesn't seem to actually work (or at least the printing engine for IE doesn't seem to care about it which isn't a big surprise), and the XSLT layout formatting namespace causes some weird issues with what I currently have. I'm going to have to look into this some more.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 3 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Yeah, I'd like to. The problem I ran into in the past is that the CSS page break formatting code doesn't seem to actually work (or at least the printing engine for IE doesn't seem to care about it which isn't a big surprise), and the XSLT layout formatting namespace causes some weird issues with what I currently have. I'm going to have to look into this some more.

You could break out the character sheet into multiple files.
Have each one be a page for a specific part of the character.
One for basic stats and skills.
Combat (armour, weapons, etc)
Gear
Matrix
Vehicles/Drones
Magic
Spirits
Sprites
Background/Notes, etc

On another note. I recall reading that you changed things to allow for items that are mods to also be mod-able?
At least I thought I saw that.
Cameras and microphones in Sensors should take up space, but also allow for accessories to be placed in them. No menu shows up to allow this.
It would be nice if an Agent/Pilot/IC located on a Commlink, or anywhere else for that matter, could have Programs/Autosofts loaded it on, ie attached within the tree.

Each item is a Peripheral Device, with a rating based on the Sample Devices Table that can be found on page 222 of SR4A.
The table on page 48 of Unwired expands on the ideas of the Sample Devices Table.

It would be nice if it was possible to add a node to any device that denotes it's Response, Signal, System/Pilot, Firewall.

For vehicles and drones it would have Response, Signal, Pilot and Firewall equal to the pilot rating of the vehicle. At least that's my understand of what they should be.
For other items it would have Response, Signal, System, and Firewall equal to what's on the table in Unwired.

Then allow for modification, much like commlinks and Vehicles/Drones. +2 max increase, more if it has Modular Electronics.
Irian
We probably found another bug: My girlfriend's character has an orphaned +2 perception bonus hanging around (in other words, there's no quality that would give it). The sourcename for this bonus is d13d4b1f-3796-4af3-bab9-5bb6b32df6bf - but no quality/whatever with that name exists.

An additional thing: Using the mouse wheel in the skill window does not scroll your skills up and down but modifies a skill by 3, which is, honestly, pretty unintuitive. I would really like to scroll the skills with it smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Irian @ Jul 3 2011, 03:54 PM) *
An additional thing: Using the mouse wheel in the skill window does not scroll your skills up and down but modifies a skill by 3, which is, honestly, pretty unintuitive. I would really like to scroll the skills with it smile.gif

It probably does that because it's what has focus. There is probably a property somewhere that allows for the parent object to get some mouse/keyboard things before the child object does. But then I find .net objects do not having things I'm used to having in Delphi. smile.gif Like the ability to hide tabs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012