Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Nov 30 2011, 11:27 PM) *
This just could be an ID10T error on my part, but as of late when using Chummer, armor doesn't show how many slots it has after it's added to a character. Is there a setting or something? When in the screen to purchase/select the armor, it shows its capacity. It's just once you add it, and start wanting to mod it, it doesn't show anything.

Armor Capacity is actually an optional rule, so I added the options for these to the Options window. Use Maximum Armor Modifications and Use Armor Suit Capacity are the two options rules for them. Just remember that Armor Suit (Urban Explorer Jumpsuit, Full Body Armor, and all Military-grade Armor) and standard Armor (everything else) have very different behaviours for calculating the Capacity used by items. smile.gif (see AR 44 for the specifics of each)
Nebular
The SR4A errata will be applied in the next update. I'd roll it out now but it involves changing the "Hold-Outs" Weapon Category to "Holdouts", so the application will need to convert these on the fly for current save files to avoid things breaking. The other notable changes are "HK-227X" is now "HK 227-X", and the "Misc. Electronics" Gear Category is now called "Miscellaneous Electronics". So nothing too major. Everything else in the errata is really just correcting typos. I'll also update the NPC save files to reflect the changes.
taeksosin
I was right! ID10T strikes me again!

Oh, and Neb, if you're ever in Vegas, I'd like to buy you a beer. This is a fantastic tool that has made my life as a GM SO much easier. This + Dropbox == Win
deurk
In bioware: reflex recorder displays the skill group or skill untranslated.
deurk
[doubled post]
The Wrestling Troll
Creating a Karma-based Character is bugged.

Metatypes and races and also special characters like free spirits and A.I. don't have any karma cost upon creating a character, thus giving me a full 750 karma to spend on whatever ...
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Dec 1 2011, 10:46 AM) *
Creating a Karma-based Character is bugged.

Metatypes and races and also special characters like free spirits and A.I. don't have any karma cost upon creating a character, thus giving me a full 750 karma to spend on whatever ...

This follows the Rules laid out for Karma generation in Runner's Companion. Under Tools->Options, there is a tab called "Optional Rules". There is an Optional Rule to assign a cost to the "Metatypes cost Karma equal to their BP". If you check that box it will (against the Official suggested Rules) give a cost to selecting a Metatype on Karma build. You have a Multiplier beside it which I set to 2, so it matches the BP cost roughly.

Note, karma build purchasing a Metatype costing nothing is not a bug, it is the Rules As Written. Chummer does let you use some optional and house Rules if you want to.
The Wrestling Troll
But on Runners Companion p.42 under Karma-Gen is also written

[ Spoiler ]
ShadowWalker

The table on page 41 has Metatype having a cost of 0.
Dakka Dakka
How can you add "cyber" weapons to MilSpec Armor?
Stalag
GM Summary doesn't list critter powers
The Wrestling Troll
Can you implement an option for "spell design" described in Streetmagic?
I would love to be able to add custom spells with the appropriate drain value to my mages through Chummer

You could make it similar to the "advanced lifestyle" menue or the "advanced contact" menue with different values to chose from!

ChatNoir
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Dec 2 2011, 01:15 PM) *
Can you implement an option for "spell design" described in Streetmagic?
I would love to be able to add custom spells with the appropriate drain value to my mages through Chummer

You could make it similar to the "advanced lifestyle" menue or the "advanced contact" menue with different values to chose from!

If I remember correctly, the last time Nebular answered to that question with something like : "you can make custom spells with a custom spell .xml" Or something like that. biggrin.gif
The Wrestling Troll
Yeah I know, but I'm really bad at XML or anything like it. Since the idea behind Chummer is to make character generation as easy and accessible to anyone as possible, it would be a nice move of him to implement it smile.gif

Not everyone has profound knowledge in XML or similar stuff wink.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Dec 2 2011, 07:48 AM) *
Yeah I know, but I'm really bad at XML or anything like it. Since the idea behind Chummer is to make character generation as easy and accessible to anyone as possible, it would be a nice move of him to implement it smile.gif

Not everyone has profound knowledge in XML or similar stuff wink.gif

You don't need to know much about xml.
All you really need to do is make a copy of the current spell file, delete all entries except one and then edit the one you left.

Maybe what would really be nice is a tool that does that for you.
Have a make custom file menu item.
Give a list of files available and then have it create a file with a single entry with dummy data for every possible xml item that the item could have.
That way you can delete things you don't need and such, but it gives an example of everything you could have a need for.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Dec 1 2011, 02:56 PM) *
How can you add "cyber" weapons to MilSpec Armor?

At the moment, you can't. I'll add support for Armor Mods allowing Cyberweapons to be added in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Stalag @ Dec 2 2011, 01:00 AM) *
GM Summary doesn't list critter powers

It's also missing Movement, the Text-Only sheet is missing all of the Lifestyle and Movement info, and the SR4 sheet is missing the custom-named portion of Lifestyle names, so I'll have these added in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Dec 2 2011, 09:27 AM) *
You don't need to know much about xml.
All you really need to do is make a copy of the current spell file, delete all entries except one and then edit the one you left.

Maybe what would really be nice is a tool that does that for you.
Have a make custom file menu item.
Give a list of files available and then have it create a file with a single entry with dummy data for every possible xml item that the item could have.
That way you can delete things you don't need and such, but it gives an example of everything you could have a need for.

(quoting more for the sake of just identifying the discussion I'm addressing) I might take a look at setting up an interface for creating custom spells since the rules for it are defined in Street Magic (I haven't actually looked at it yet). An editor for the XML files in general is pretty much out of the question. There are 26 different XML files, most of which have their own unique structure and mixture of required and optional fields. Creating an editor for it would take a massive amount of time and is one of the reasons I went with straight XML - it's easy to read and can be edited in something as simple as Notepad. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 2 2011, 11:01 AM) *
(quoting more for the sake of just identifying the discussion I'm addressing) I might take a look at setting up an interface for creating custom spells since the rules for it are defined in Street Magic (I haven't actually looked at it yet). An editor for the XML files in general is pretty much out of the question. There are 26 different XML files, most of which have their own unique structure and mixture of required and optional fields. Creating an editor for it would take a massive amount of time and is one of the reasons I went with straight XML - it's easy to read and can be edited in something as simple as Notepad. smile.gif

actually I was just thinking of something that would create an empty xml file.
or instead of doing that having a folder under data called custom that has empty files for each one with a single entry with dummy data.
That would at least make it easier to figure out what the options are within the xml.
taeksosin
Hey Neb,

Think I found an error unless it's in an errata somewhere that I couldn't find. Runner's Companion pg. 86 has the chart of bonuses and negatives for being a certain shifter type. Wolf has normal reach, but in the metatypes.xml file, they show as having a -1 to reach which I'm pretty sure is incorrect. If there's an errata that says your value is correct, then I'll shaddup, but I couldn't find any myself. I assume fixing it in my local version won't break anything when Chummer autoupdates?

Edit: Looking closer at the XML, it looks like nearly all the shifter types have reach -1 as their default reach as any metatype (human/elf/ork/dwarf/troll).

Edit 2: More looking, it looks like every metatype under each shifter has a reach -1 field. If I'm looking at it right, that should only apply to tiger and lion shifters, since they get a +1 to reach when shifted to animal form, and lose it when a metahuman. Also, bears if I'm reading correctly should keep their +1 reach in and out of animal/metahuman forms. Which gives Bear/Troll shifters stupid amounts of reach, I imagine.
SpellBinder
XML is easy, you can open any such file with Notepad. Just re-save the file as a custom XML file per the instructions in the wiki (or wherever) and then tinker with the values. It won't take you too long to figure it all out. The harder part will be remembering exactly what each custom spell is supposed to do. I suggest making a separate text file with notes to help.

On a side note, can the bodyware enhancement Foot Anchor is stated as being treated as a spur when used in combat (AU, page 40). Can this get included with the other cyber weapons, please?
Stalag
Why do Certified Credsticks have a rating?
deurk
QUOTE (Stalag @ Dec 3 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Why do Certified Credsticks have a rating?

Rating for credstick is used to represent nuyen put on the credstick. Each rating will cost you 1 nuyen smile.gif
Stalag
QUOTE (deurk @ Dec 3 2011, 12:08 PM) *
Rating for credstick is used to represent nuyen put on the credstick. Each rating will cost you 1 nuyen smile.gif

Ah okay - that makes sense thanks
Stalag
Error when trying to save my character with "Mark as Created":

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsbSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.254
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.254
CodeBase: file:///C:/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

ShadowWalker
QUOTE (deurk @ Dec 3 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Question is though, should you be allowed to buy them at character creation.
Since you can't take it all with you allowing you do that at higher than 0 rating is a bypass of those rules character creation rules.
deurk
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Dec 3 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Question is though, should you be allowed to buy them at character creation.
Since you can't take it all with you allowing you do that at higher than 0 rating is a bypass of those rules character creation rules.

Absolutely agreed on, I've noticed that too way back and forgot to report it.
deurk
QUOTE (Stalag @ Dec 3 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Error when trying to save my character with "Mark as Created":

Do you run the FR version by any chance and have any item with availability Restricted or Forbidden?
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Dec 2 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Hey Neb,

Think I found an error unless it's in an errata somewhere that I couldn't find. Runner's Companion pg. 86 has the chart of bonuses and negatives for being a certain shifter type. Wolf has normal reach, but in the metatypes.xml file, they show as having a -1 to reach which I'm pretty sure is incorrect. If there's an errata that says your value is correct, then I'll shaddup, but I couldn't find any myself. I assume fixing it in my local version won't break anything when Chummer autoupdates?

Edit: Looking closer at the XML, it looks like nearly all the shifter types have reach -1 as their default reach as any metatype (human/elf/ork/dwarf/troll).

Edit 2: More looking, it looks like every metatype under each shifter has a reach -1 field. If I'm looking at it right, that should only apply to tiger and lion shifters, since they get a +1 to reach when shifted to animal form, and lose it when a metahuman. Also, bears if I'm reading correctly should keep their +1 reach in and out of animal/metahuman forms. Which gives Bear/Troll shifters stupid amounts of reach, I imagine.

As long as you don't modify the version number, you'd be OK. The file is replaced when a newer version is found. I'll have the fixed Metatype file included in today's update.
Nebular
Build 259
  • added support for <composure /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Composure Special Attribute Test
  • added support for <max /> to <specificskill /> in the Improvement Manager which improves a Skill's maximum Rating
  • when loading a saved character, Weapons, Skills, and Gear now replace "Hold-Outs" with "Holdouts" to match the SR4A errata
  • added a Close item to the File menu
  • default message for Expense Entries now reads from the translation file
  • double quotes in Knowledge Skill names should no longer cause an error to be thrown when loading a save file
  • automatically-created Copy Protection and Optimization plugins now have their Rating correctly set to 1 if their parents do not have a Rating
  • added Code of Conduct Qualities from Runner's Companion
  • fixed an issue where attempting to move a character to Career Mode could throw an error if the character had a Weapon with a Forbidden Avail while using a non-English language
  • fixed an issue where attempting to print a Critter with an Exotic Active Skill could throw an error
  • Cyberware now translates Attribute and Skill names as needed
  • Complex Forms and their Options now show their selected Rating in the Complex Forms list
  • Critter Powers, Complex Forms, and Complex Form Options now show their extra selection text if applicable
  • added an optional rule to use calculated Vehicle Sensor Ratings which uses the average Rating for all Sensor Functions plugins in the Vehicle's Sensor (disabled by default)
  • Weapons now support <allowmod /> which, when set to false, prevents them from being able to add Weapon Modifications
  • SR4 sheet now shows Lifestyle Name
  • Game Master Summary sheet now shows Critter Powers and Movement
  • Text-Only sheet now shows Lifestyles and Movement
  • added support for Armor Mods adding Cyberweapons (MilSpec Armor)
  • correct the Reach for Shapeshifters
  • Foot Anchor now creates a Foot Anchor Weapon
Modified Strings
  • MessageTitle_CannotModifyWeapon
New Strings
  • Menu_FileClose
  • String_ExpenseDefault
  • Tab_Improvements
  • Checkbox_Options_UseCalculatedVehicleSensorRatings
  • Message_CannotModifyWeaponMod

The NPC Save Files have also been updated since a few of them had Holdouts and the HK 227-X, and there was a small errata applied to one of the SR4A example NPCs (added a missing item to their vehicle).
deurk
Code of Conduct: Bushido is spelled wrong (Bishido).
deurk
Can you allow editing of karma and nuyen expensive amounts?
Tashiro
I really don't want to be a pain, but I've a suggestion. For game masters making NPCs using this, is there a method for just letting the game master build the NPC by setting values, and letting the program just figure out how much Karma the GM is spending? Rather than 'dump in karma, spend as much as possible, dump in karma, repeat', it'd be nice to just have it set 'freestyle', and you can put in all the values and let it figure out what everything would be in the end.
Kesslan
First off: Awesome chargen program. Keep up the good work!

As to what brings me here, I was trying to create a prime runner and some other NPCs for a slightly higher game where most of the awakened PCs have initiated a few times and I noticed a few issues:

Adept power ratings over 6 appear to be causing errors when loading the character after having saved it (At least if you close the program and reopen it, then open the saved file). You can tell it to continue through the error and it simply removes the abilities that are over R6 (Great Leap/Free fall as far as I know can go over R6 just fine).

Initiation over 6 appears to cause it to wipe the list of initiations and any learned metamagic techniques but they still count as being there and the modified magic attribute remains. If you try and put them back it wants to charge another 15 Karma to do so. I may be wrong but it looks to me like if one of the wiped metamagic techniques is 'additional power point' the power point in question is lost but I'm not sure on this one.

Simsense Booster does not appear to be properly stacking with Simsense Accelerator even though the Unwired states they stack when using hot SIM and allow one to go up to 5 matrix initiative passes (The matrix section still registers this combination with a Hot Sim as 4 passes)

Would it be possible to allow one to manually mark a weapon modification as part of the base weapon? The option is greyed out but this would provide a fairly easy quick and dirty way to make GM custom versions of the weapons in question to create 'special edition' or 'limited edition' or otherwise custom weapons (Such as weapons that come with metatype size modification as a baseline) rather easily without having to create a whole new custom weapon chummer file.
deurk
QUOTE (Kesslan @ Dec 4 2011, 04:52 AM) *
Initiation over 6 appears to cause it to wipe the list of initiations and any learned metamagic techniques but they still count as being there and the modified magic attribute remains. If you try and put them back it wants to charge another 15 Karma to do so. I may be wrong but it looks to me like if one of the wiped metamagic techniques is 'additional power point' the power point in question is lost but I'm not sure on this one.

Initiation cannot go over a char's MAG attribute, which is limited to a maximum of 6.
ChatNoir
QUOTE (deurk @ Dec 4 2011, 09:57 AM) *
Initiation cannot go over a char's MAG attribute, which is limited to a maximum of 6.

But the initiation increase the maximum MAG attribute by it's rating. (not the actual attribute like before)

So if a character with MAG5 want to initiate, He can go up to rank 5 before having to spend karma to increase his MAG. But at that time, his MAGmax would be 11. Then with some karma, he can increase his MAG and then take more initiation ranks.
Sengir
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 28 2011, 03:47 PM) *
[*]A tag in the exported .xml which lists the formula for damage of a melee weapon (e.g. STR/2+3 P), to determine the effect of "on the fly" strength changes

Hate to be a pest, but...pretty please? smile.gif
Cojuzei
Been using this program for a week now and I gotta say, absolutely love it. It's made my life so much easier. However, in the course of building prime runners and other NPCs to kill...er...uh..."challenge" the party, I've stumbled across a few more bugs.

CODE
Expert Defense max rating 3, not 4.

Expert Offense missing entirely.

Camouflage Netting, Comouflage.

Placing anything into Vehicle Sensor on the vehicle page, and then deleting any mods deletes the entire Vehicle Sensor area.

Nexi are only handled in the Vehicle section. Would like to have it available in the gear section as well.

Armor for vehicles can never exceed twice its body (wasn't sure if you wanted to handle this in the program or leave it to the GM to notice).

Armor for drones can never exceed three times its body. (same as above).

Can you please allow for Vehicle/Drone linking in the weapons section so the right target's attribute is counted for damage of melee weapons? Giving a drone (or a vehicle modified to be a drone) a sword requires modification of the html file after the character's exported.

Can you please allow for editting of customized information (such as with spare clips or custom lifestyle names) within the program?

Can you please allow for movement of gear plugins within gear?

Encountered an error (not sure if it's repeatable) where Weapons weren't movable. I think it had to do with the number of weapons on the character, but I saved and reloaded Chummer and the bug stopped. Could just be random.

Can you add for something for Leased vehicles from Runner's companion?

Can you add something for Stacked foci from Street Magic?

Can you allow for special modifiers for gear/vehicles to be trackable after it's been added to the character? Heavily modifying a vehicle and then turning around and trying to make it the same way on a used vehicle instead is quite a hassle. Same with programs/agents.

Can you make the rating for Customized Cyberarm attributes changeable after being added to vehicles? Once added, the rating of this cyberware upgrade can no longer be changed (not sure if it's the same way with other mods).

"Hacked" programs cause an error in the filesave that when opened causes the program to not want to read the rest of the character's info. I see the irony...but still would like a fix :P

If I come across any more I'll be sure to post. Quite a few of these are more for ease of use, but there are still some valid errors in there. Thanks again for this amazing program!
Nebular
QUOTE (Kesslan @ Dec 3 2011, 09:52 PM) *
First off: Awesome chargen program. Keep up the good work!

As to what brings me here, I was trying to create a prime runner and some other NPCs for a slightly higher game where most of the awakened PCs have initiated a few times and I noticed a few issues:

Adept power ratings over 6 appear to be causing errors when loading the character after having saved it (At least if you close the program and reopen it, then open the saved file). You can tell it to continue through the error and it simply removes the abilities that are over R6 (Great Leap/Free fall as far as I know can go over R6 just fine).

Simsense Booster does not appear to be properly stacking with Simsense Accelerator even though the Unwired states they stack when using hot SIM and allow one to go up to 5 matrix initiative passes (The matrix section still registers this combination with a Hot Sim as 4 passes)

Would it be possible to allow one to manually mark a weapon modification as part of the base weapon? The option is greyed out but this would provide a fairly easy quick and dirty way to make GM custom versions of the weapons in question to create 'special edition' or 'limited edition' or otherwise custom weapons (Such as weapons that come with metatype size modification as a baseline) rather easily without having to create a whole new custom weapon chummer file.

I'll have the Adept Power/Initiation issue fixed in the next update. The problem was that as soon as you have a single Power at Rating 7, it freaks out and fails to load all of the other Powers and Initiation information. So all of that data is still there, it just never gets around to loading it because the failure cascades through the rest of the loading process. nyahnyah.gif

Simsense Booster and Simsense Accelerator were updated to allow their bonuses to stack in the last update, so that should be working properly now. If you already have them added to a character, you'll need to remove and re-add them since the application records the bonuses they receive when they're applied.

I'll take a look at the manual Weapon Mod one. I don't think it will be a big deal, but some times code changes are much more complicated than one would think they should be. wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 4 2011, 07:15 AM) *
Hate to be a pest, but...pretty please? smile.gif

I might have missed this from one of your other posts. I'll include this in the next update. Weapons in the printout XML will include a <rawdamage /> tag which will be the Weapon's damage formula.
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 4 2011, 10:09 AM) *
Been using this program for a week now and I gotta say, absolutely love it. It's made my life so much easier. However, in the course of building prime runners and other NPCs to kill...er...uh..."challenge" the party, I've stumbled across a few more bugs.

CODE
Expert Defense max rating 3, not 4.

Expert Offense missing entirely.

Camouflage Netting, Comouflage.

Nexi are only handled in the Vehicle section. Would like to have it available in the gear section as well.

I've updated the Gear file to correct the Rating for Expert Defense and add the missing Expert Offense item.

What are you referring to when you say "Camouflage netting, Camouflage"? This is already in the Gear section...

Nexi are currently available in Gear. Click the arrow on the Add Gear button on the Gear tag and you should see Add Nexus as the last item in the pop-out menu.

I'll add these other items to my list o' stuff. smile.gif
Cojuzei
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 5 2011, 07:21 AM) *
What are you referring to when you say "Camouflage netting, Camouflage"? This is already in the Gear section...

You have both. Comouflage and Camouflage. Comouflage references the 5Y/sq m item in WAR (163), but is still spelled incorrectly. Perhaps instead of comouflage, write in the difference between the two? For example, instead of having comouflage netting and camouflage netting, make it camouflage netting (10 sq m) and camouflage netting (per sq m). The item is a bit redundant, and really it just boils down to an annoying spelling error.
Cojuzei
I also noticed that the AK-147 has an RC of 2 in Chummer, but a 1 in the book.
Stalag
QUOTE (deurk @ Dec 3 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Do you run the FR version by any chance and have any item with availability Restricted or Forbidden?

No to the FR version - but this is a character I started in an older build so it's possible I picked something that later became invalid.

I'll check that, thanks.
Cojuzei
Also noticed, AI seems to be adding the Ergonomic and Optimization qualities to all programs, not just the ones marked Free. Far as I can tell AI only get up to their rating in free programs, no free hardware or other bits of software. Not really a big deal since the delete button still works, but I figured it was worth mentioning. nyahnyah.gif
Cojuzei
Noticed another possible issue. I'm not seeing where it says System/Firewall has an availability, but Chummer lists it as having the same as hardware. Am I missing something?
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 6 2011, 12:59 PM) *
Noticed another possible issue. I'm not seeing where it says System/Firewall has an availability, but Chummer lists it as having the same as hardware. Am I missing something?

System/Firewall Rating 1 - 6 in the Commlink Operating System Upgrade Category should have an Avail of 0, while 7 - 10 should be high Forbidden values. Looks like I missed changing these. I've updated the Gear file to correct this.
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 5 2011, 07:38 PM) *
I also noticed that the AK-147 has an RC of 2 in Chummer, but a 1 in the book.

The AK-147 in the book has an RC of 1(2). Chummer calculates the Weapon's RC value based on all of the Accessories and Mods that you have installed and shows only the total number. When you first purchase a Weapon, all of the Accessories and Mods that come with it are marked as installed, so the AK-147 will show its RC as 2. If you mark the Stock as being not install, RC drops to 1. There's no point in showing what a Weapon's base and maximum RC are for all of its options since it knows what is installed; this means the player doesn't need to do the math and figure out the Weapon's RC based on what is currently equipped - the app takes care of it and tells you the RC based on what is currently installed. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 4 2011, 10:09 AM) *
CODE
"Hacked" programs cause an error in the filesave that when opened causes the program to not want to read the rest of the character's info. I see the irony...but still would like a fix :P

I can't seem to reproduce this using any combination I've tried. Are you still having this issue? If so, could you email me an affected save file so I can see what might be causing the problem? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
Build 262
  • fixed an issue where Adept Powers over Rating 6 would cause an error to be thrown when loading a saved character
  • Adept Powers now have their maximum Rating properly set when being added to a character with a MAG higher than 6
  • added <rawdamage /> to the printout XML for Weapons which writes out the formula (not calculated) Damage for a Weapon
  • Update window now checks the downloaded files and re-downloads files that are accidentally written as 0 bytes in an attempt to avoid errors
  • added support for Protosapients and Technocritters Critters
  • purchase windows now include a Test field to show the Extended Availability Test for items
  • added support for editing the amount for manually-created Expense Entries
New Strings
  • String_Day
  • String_Days
  • String_Week
  • String_Weeks
  • String_Hour
  • String_Hours
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012