Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 3 2011, 04:23 PM) *
It probably does that because it's what has focus. There is probably a property somewhere that allows for the parent object to get some mouse/keyboard things before the child object does. But then I find .net objects do not having things I'm used to having in Delphi. smile.gif Like the ability to hide tabs.

That's exactly it. If a control has focus (in this case, the number field for the Skill), using the mouse wheel affects that control. So when the mouse wheel moves, it changes the value by the number of lines you have the mouse scroll set to in Windows (which defaults to 3). There doesn't seem to be a way to actually trap and cancel this even though, but that's just from quickly looking at this. I'll do some digging around and see if there's a way around this.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Jul 3 2011, 03:54 PM) *
We probably found another bug: My girlfriend's character has an orphaned +2 perception bonus hanging around (in other words, there's no quality that would give it). The sourcename for this bonus is d13d4b1f-3796-4af3-bab9-5bb6b32df6bf - but no quality/whatever with that name exists.

Hmm. Unfortunately that ID doesn't tell me anything since it's randomly generated. If you look at the <improvementsource> tag, that should tell you what type of item is granting it at least. Is this an older character? There was an issue with removing Improvements from characters a while back that I finally found and fixed a few weeks ago. If you search for that key, is there anything in the character with that matching ID like a Quality or piece of 'ware? If not, you can safely remove that Improvement from the character using a text editor.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 3 2011, 03:38 PM) *
On another note. I recall reading that you changed things to allow for items that are mods to also be mod-able?
At least I thought I saw that.
Cameras and microphones in Sensors should take up space, but also allow for accessories to be placed in them. No menu shows up to allow this.
It would be nice if an Agent/Pilot/IC located on a Commlink, or anywhere else for that matter, could have Programs/Autosofts loaded it on, ie attached within the tree.

Unless someone has been changing my notes or editing the code while I sleep, that hasn't happened yet. smile.gif That's getting into the real of multiple capacity items with child Gear allowing further child Gear which is still the Multiple-Capacity Gear item on the outstanding issues list. The only changes I've made to any sort of Mods lately has been allowing Vehicle Mods that come with a Vehicle to be removed, support for Modular Electronics allowing Vehicles to go beyond +2 in Response/System/Firewall/Signal, Cyberweapons allowing Weapon Mods, and Gear being adding from PACKS Kits fixes.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 3 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Unless someone has been changing my notes or editing the code while I sleep, that hasn't happened yet. smile.gif That's getting into the real of multiple capacity items with child Gear allowing further child Gear which is still the Multiple-Capacity Gear item on the outstanding issues list. The only changes I've made to any sort of Mods lately has been allowing Vehicle Mods that come with a Vehicle to be removed, support for Modular Electronics allowing Vehicles to go beyond +2 in Response/System/Firewall/Signal, Cyberweapons allowing Weapon Mods, and Gear being adding from PACKS Kits fixes.

I probably misread something at one point and thought it meant that this was working. smile.gif
It's possible one of the changes was something that would be required to make it work, or some such.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jul 3 2011, 02:25 PM) *
At least with my PDF "printer" and the number of contacts, qualities and armor items the print out makes a page break just below the first line of the weapon boxes. Maybe you could force a pagebreak before or add options to change the location of the break.

Ok, I finally have this sorted out, however, there's an incredibly stupid bug in .NET that makes my brain hurt and took a long time to figure out what the *#@% is going on...

The character sheet itself has been updated to put in page breaks on its own so that whole tables remain together. However (and this is the part where my brain starts to scream in agony), if you're going to print the character sheet to any device (such as a PDF printer), you must make it the default printer in the Print window that appears after clicking the Print Character button (or by making it the default one in the Windows Control Panel). For some stupid reason, the .NET controls use the printer settings from your default printer rather than the printer you have selected. Once you're done printing, just change your default printer back to whatever it was before.

The other option is to save the character output as HTML, then open the HTML file in Internet Explorer 8 or 9 (Firefox doesn't seem to support the page breaking option to keep things together) and print from there without changing your default printer.

Unfortunately this isn't something I have control over, but at least there's a solution.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 3 2011, 06:55 PM) *
Ok, I finally have this sorted out, however, there's an incredibly stupid bug in .NET that makes my brain hurt and took a long time to figure out what the *#@% is going on...

The character sheet itself has been updated to put in page breaks on its own so that whole tables remain together. However (and this is the part where my brain starts to scream in agony), if you're going to print the character sheet to any device (such as a PDF printer), you must make it the default printer in the Print window that appears after clicking the Print Character button (or by making it the default one in the Windows Control Panel). For some stupid reason, the .NET controls use the printer settings from your default printer rather than the printer you have selected. Once you're done printing, just change your default printer back to whatever it was before.

The other option is to save the character output as HTML, then open the HTML file in Internet Explorer 8 or 9 (Firefox doesn't seem to support the page breaking option to keep things together) and print from there without changing your default printer.

Unfortunately this isn't something I have control over, but at least there's a solution.

I gather that this printing behaviour is only happening when printing from the html viewer? Seems like if this behaviour was happening in other things it would have been fixed.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 3 2011, 09:10 PM) *
I gather that this printing behaviour is only happening when printing from the html viewer? Seems like if this behaviour was happening in other things it would have been fixed.

Yeah, it's only the .NET WebBrowser control that's doing this as far as I know.
Nebular
Vehicles, Gear, and Weapons have been updated to include Deadly Waves.
Dhuul
Since i just updated Chummer, i cant add weapons to any characters. This happens in BP and Karma build, with any metatype and any number of books checked in the selection in the options menu. When editing old characters, i can remove, but not add or even modify weapons.

When using the version of Chummer available for download (build 138 as newest in the changelog.txt file) without updating, everything seems to work fine. As soon as i update though, i get the same error message again.

The error message reads (translated from german, probably not completely accurate):

"The start-tag 'mods' in line 1998 position 5 does not concur with the end-tag 'mod'. Line 2000, position 6."

If i click "continue", the program shows an empty weapons selection menu. There is a more detailed error message, which i can post/pm, if it is of use to you. I did not include it here as it is rather long and i dont know how to include those "spoiler" texts others use.

I am running Chummer on an ancient laptop computer (german Windows XP with all the "latest" updates). I have not yet had the chance to try it on my newer desktop pc
and will update this post as soon as i get the chance to try Chummer on that system.
Nebular
Wow, I can't believe I did that. I made the changes for Deadly Waves last night, checked the file, everything was OK, uploaded it, went to bed. Realised I forgot to put in a Weapon Mod for a Weapon, added it, figured it was OK, uploaded it without checking, and went back to bed. nyahnyah.gif I've fixed the file and have uploaded it. Just run the update again and you should be good!
Dhuul
I just updated Chummer and everything is back in working order. Thanks for the quick fix!
Irian
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 4 2011, 12:02 AM) *
If you look at the <improvementsource> tag, that should tell you what type of item is granting it at least. Is this an older character?

Not that old, no, perhaps two weeks. And the improvement was a quality, so I assume, it was Perceptive (+2), which the character was planned with, before, but later my gf decided to go only for Perceptive (+1).

QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 4 2011, 12:02 AM) *
If you search for that key, is there anything in the character with that matching ID like a Quality or piece of 'ware? If not, you can safely remove that Improvement from the character using a text editor.

No, that's what I meant with "orphaned". The improvement was there, but not the source of the improvement. And of course I can edit it out, no problem here, I work with XML files almost daily (btw: For other coder it would perhaps be nice if you offered the schema files *hinting*), I just wanted to report this bug.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Jul 4 2011, 02:22 PM) *
No, that's what I meant with "orphaned". The improvement was there, but not the source of the improvement. And of course I can edit it out, no problem here, I work with XML files almost daily (btw: For other coder it would perhaps be nice if you offered the schema files *hinting*), I just wanted to report this bug.

I do! (though they're a little out of date now - I try to keep up with 'em, but that doesn't always happen) biggrin.gif The link to 'em is on the Chummer Wiki (also now slightly out of date now that I think about it). The Wiki also has descriptions of each data file, its layout, related, items, and so on. Links to each of the files is on the Data File Overview page. Edit: Unless you were referring to a reference file for the save files, in which case, there isn't one.

I remember why that was happening now, and that bug was been taken care of a few revisions ago. I made a handful of changes to the inner workings of the Improvement Manager - namely if it asked you to selecting something (like a Skill or Attribute) and you hit the Cancel button, the Quality was never added to the character but the actual Improvements were. (However that doesn't fix save files that were already subject to the problem)
Nebular
Vehicles, Gear, Armor, Weapons, and Cyberware have been updated with content from the German versions of Arsenal and Augmentation. They have their page number marked as 0 since they're not in the English versions that I've been using to reference everything. The formula for calculating ESS cost of Cyberware Suites will be fixed in the next update.
Caerdyn
Hey, thanks for all the hard work, best character tool I've ever found for SR4. I stumbled across an issue with technomancers, tho. After submerging, though it increases the max limit of Resonance, it doesn't let you upgrade Res by spending Karma, the button stays unavailable. Magicians and initiation work fine, so I'm pretty sure it'll be a quick fix for ya. smile.gif
Nebular
Since my time is a little limited for the next couple of days, I figured I'd toss this out to fix that Technomancer/Submersion problem, and fix up the Cyberware Suite ESS Cost.

Build 139
  • corrected the Essence cost formula for Cyberware Suites
  • RES improvement button in Career Mode now considers the character's Submersion Grade (instead of Initiation Grade) to determine if it should be enabled or not
Caerdyn
Thanks for the quick update, but I've got a new one for ya now, whenever you can get to it. Increasing resonance above 6, then adding a sprite results in the error "Value of "X" is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'."

Edit: Also just noticed that it's not properly calculating the dice pool for "Resist Fading With". After increasing Resonance or Charisma(using a stream that resists with Res + Cha) the number remains the same.
Nebular
QUOTE (Caerdyn @ Jul 4 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Thanks for the quick update, but I've got a new one for ya now, whenever you can get to it. Increasing resonance above 6, then adding a sprite results in the error "Value of "X" is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'."

Doh! I didn't have a Sprite on the Technomancer I tested it with. This will take care of it.

Build 140
  • Technomancer Sprites can now have a Rating higher than 6
Caerdyn
Awesome, that indeed fixed it. In case you didn't notice just a reminder about the Fade Resistance pool not calculating right, kinda low priority since it's nothing I can't do myself in the meantime. Just wanted to be sure you knew. smile.gif Thanks for being so on top of stuff!
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 4 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Vehicles, Gear, Armor, Weapons, and Cyberware have been updated with content from the German versions of Arsenal and Augmentation. ...

And I think that's where DK got the extras in his spreadsheet, where I got the info for my custom vehicles XML file. Looks like I'll have to do some housecleaning.
Nebular
QUOTE (Caerdyn @ Jul 4 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Awesome, that indeed fixed it. In case you didn't notice just a reminder about the Fade Resistance pool not calculating right, kinda low priority since it's nothing I can't do myself in the meantime. Just wanted to be sure you knew. smile.gif Thanks for being so on top of stuff!

What's off with Fading Resistance?
Crazy Ivan
New issue, maybe its been addressed, I'm not sure. But I've got a bunch of extra cyberware suites, gear, that is from the german arsenal. Is there a way to take that off?
Nebular
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Jul 5 2011, 11:52 AM) *
New issue, maybe its been addressed, I'm not sure. But I've got a bunch of extra cyberware suites, gear, that is from the german arsenal. Is there a way to take that off?

Do you mean that you have multiple copies of the stuff that is in ther German Arsenal book appearing the Select lists, or you're seeing a single copy of the German Arsenal stuff in the lists and don't want to see it at all?

If you're seeing multiple copies, it means that one of your custom data files is also including this stuff. SpellBinder quickly mentioned a couple of messages above that he had this in one of his files and would be cleaning them out at some point (er, hope I'm not reading too much into that smile.gif). You could also just remove the duplicate items from your Custom files yourself as well.
Crazy Ivan
I don't have custom material, so that rules the first idea out. I don't have access to the german material, and neither do my players. We love Arsenal, but we're American, and don't have access to the german book. I can ignore it, but I would much rather just be able to turn it off.
Nebular
Fair enough. They were approved by CGL for official release and thought everyone would want 'em, but was wondering if I should make them their own sourcebooks or not. I chose wrong. smile.gif I've updated the data files to break things into Arsenal, Arsenal German Content, Augmentation, and Augmentation German Content. The German Content ones contain just the additional content found in the German printings of these books.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 5 2011, 11:02 AM) *
SpellBinder quickly mentioned a couple of messages above that he had this in one of his files and would be cleaning them out at some point (er, hope I'm not reading too much into that smile.gif).

You weren't reading too much into it at all. I just updated my copy just now and started checking the vehicles lists and noticed your content was overriding my own in most cases.

I did notice, however, that some of what DK had in his spreadsheet differs from what you added. There's really only a few vehicles, and I changed their source to coincide with the Germain Arsenal code so they'll vanish with the rest. Their pages are my username here, so you can still tell them apart from the rest.

And for those of you who have seen the Paramount Group's Marauder in action in Top Gear (a friend showed me a clip), I've added it to my custom vehicles. Both a civilian and military variant are listed (coded for Unofficial Errata, so this book must be enabled). My content's updated and available for download too.

BTW, I noticed a spelling error for the "Messerschnitt-Kawasaki Sperber".
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 5 2011, 04:12 PM) *
BTW, I noticed a spelling error for the "Messerschnitt-Kawasaki Sperber".

Fixed.
Crazy Ivan
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 5 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Fair enough. They were approved by CGL for official release and thought everyone would want 'em, but was wondering if I should make them their own sourcebooks or not. I chose wrong. smile.gif I've updated the data files to break things into Arsenal, Arsenal German Content, Augmentation, and Augmentation German Content. The German Content ones contain just the additional content found in the German printings of these books.

Thank you much. I really hope that I'm not the only one who would prefer that fix. If I am, then I'll feel like a prick for asking that request of ya Nebular.
Nebular
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Jul 5 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Thank you much. I really hope that I'm not the only one who would prefer that fix. If I am, then I'll feel like a prick for asking that request of ya Nebular.

Bah, don't feel bad about it. They were easy to pick out since they're the only items marked as page 0 and all I had to do was add a "G" to the end of the book name. I was on lunch at work and had nothing else to do in those two minutes. smile.gif
Crazy Ivan
Glad I could pleasantly occupy your time.
biggrin.gif
Caerdyn
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 4 2011, 10:48 PM) *
What's off with Fading Resistance?

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but when I raise either of the attributes (in my case, Resonance or Charisma) with karma in career mode, it doesn't update the dice pool for fade resistance. It remains the same regardless of how high I'd raise either attribute during career mode.

I've also noticed that the checkbox for including smartlink in active skills isn't doing so, unless there's something else that needs to be done to get it to do so that I haven't noticed. Nevermind. It doesn't include it on the printouts tho, I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Lastly, just thought I'd toss this out there as an idea for you, being able to 'equip' activesofts or something, up to a rating of skillwire/biowire that you have, to have them calculate into your dice pools in place of a lower skill rating to make the program more functional for players using them.
PirateChef
Everytime I update Chummer, then try to open an old character, the program crashes and won't open the character. This happens to everyone in my gaming groups and is making Chummer a pain to use. Any way to avoid this?
Nebular
QUOTE (PirateChef @ Jul 5 2011, 06:20 PM) *
Everytime I update Chummer, then try to open an old character, the program crashes and won't open the character. This happens to everyone in my gaming groups and is making Chummer a pain to use. Any way to avoid this?

My initial guess is that you're using characters that still have the old format for Qualities which was phased out back on June 19th. Could you send me the files you're having a problem with (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll see where the problem is.
Nebular
QUOTE (Caerdyn @ Jul 5 2011, 04:59 PM) *
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but when I raise either of the attributes (in my case, Resonance or Charisma) with karma in career mode, it doesn't update the dice pool for fade resistance. It remains the same regardless of how high I'd raise either attribute during career mode.

I've also noticed that the checkbox for including smartlink in active skills isn't doing so, unless there's something else that needs to be done to get it to do so that I haven't noticed. Nevermind. It doesn't include it on the printouts tho, I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Ok. I'll take a look at this and try to have it fixed for the next update. My gut reaction is that I'm doing something stupid and looking at the Magician properties again since Fading/Drain, Submersion/Initiation, and all of that stuff is identical. smile.gif

QUOTE (Caerdyn @ Jul 5 2011, 04:59 PM) *
Lastly, just thought I'd toss this out there as an idea for you, being able to 'equip' activesofts or something, up to a rating of skillwire/biowire that you have, to have them calculate into your dice pools in place of a lower skill rating to make the program more functional for players using them.

That's a good idea. I wanted to do this when I first added them, but wasn't sure how to handle it and then completely forgot about it. This can be done in the exact same way as Armor - just turn on/off the Equipped checkbox as needed. Might be able to get that in for the next update. It'll require some changes to all of the Skillsoft Gear.
redwulf25
I don't seem to be able to make my own mutant and toxic critters in Chummer, only select the ones covered in the book. At least when I select a critter and go to powers I'm only given choices of Emergent, Free Spirit, Mundane Paranormal, and Shapeshifter. Rules for making a mutant are on page 162 of Running Wild and Toxics are on page 165.
Nebular
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:08 PM) *
I don't seem to be able to make my own mutant and toxic critters in Chummer, only select the ones covered in the book. At least when I select a critter and go to powers I'm only given choices of Emergent, Free Spirit, Mundane Paranormal, and Shapeshifter. Rules for making a mutant are on page 162 of Running Wild and Toxics are on page 165.

It's still on my to do list. It's the "Support for Mutant and Toxic Critters" item on the Outstanding Items list, though the last time I posted that was with the update notes for build 136 a couple of days ago. Really like to get into that one, but little character issues keep popping up every time I think of looking at it. smile.gif
redwulf25
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 6 2011, 12:15 AM) *
It's still on my to do list. It's the "Support for Mutant and Toxic Critters" item on the Outstanding Items list, though the last time I posted that was with the update notes for build 136 a couple of days ago. Really like to get into that one, but little character issues keep popping up every time I think of looking at it. smile.gif

Must have missed that, thanks.
Caerdyn
My gaming group would like to see astral and matrix initiative included on the GM printout, if that's not too much trouble to manage. Another kinda low-priority thing but if it's easy I'm sure it'd be appreciated by a lot of people. smile.gif
whatevs
Just did an update, and it looks as though the book selector in 'options' is no longer working. I'm stuch with AR and SR4 Items only.

EDIT: Nevermind. Closed and reopened chummer. Now it seems to be working.
Nebular
QUOTE (Caerdyn @ Jul 6 2011, 01:24 AM) *
My gaming group would like to see astral and matrix initiative included on the GM printout, if that's not too much trouble to manage. Another kinda low-priority thing but if it's easy I'm sure it'd be appreciated by a lot of people. smile.gif

Done and uploaded!
Neko Asakami
So, I discovered Chummer a few weeks ago and have been impressed by both the program and your quick update speed. Thank you for making such an awesome program!

Now that I've got the flattery out of the way, time for business! I have two feature requests, one hopefully will be quick to add and the other probably won't be added at all. ^_^

Request the First: Rather than having each player get bonus points for Contacts based on their CHA, I just give each player a flat amount of BP to use (usually 15). Can we get an option for that?

Second Request: This is the complex one. I misread the Karma cost for Initiating as 10 x (New Grade + 3). Needless to say, I thought that was an amazingly bad deal, so I included a Metamagic technique and an extra point of the Magic attribute, treated like an extra point of STR or BOD from cyberware. So, for example, a PC with Magic 6 initiating for the first time would have to spend 40 Karma (10 x [1+3]), but would end up at Magic 6 (7), Initiate Grade 1, with a Metamagic technique. Obviously, this is not something that should make it into the main program, so my request is how can I add Initiating as a custom quality (not counted toward the 35 BP limit) that will add a Metamagic technique AND bump up their effective Magic attribute?
Burrito Al Pastor
The first doesn't really need a feature - just increase starting BP to 415, and keep an eye on the "Contacts" entry under the build point summary sidebar.
Nebular
QUOTE (Burrito Al Pastor @ Jul 6 2011, 06:25 PM) *
The first doesn't really need a feature - just increase starting BP to 415, and keep an eye on the "Contacts" entry under the build point summary sidebar.

While that would work, that would also throw off the amount of BP you can spend on Physical and Mental Attributes which is equal to 1/2 of your total allowed BP. So 400 BP would equal 200 BP on Attributes, while putting it to 415 would raise it to 208 on Attributes which means someone would be allowed to select more than they would otherwise be allowed. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:08 PM) *

Good news! It's in the next update! I finally got around to working on them and nearly have it done! biggrin.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 6 2011, 07:35 PM) *
While that would work, that would also throw off the amount of BP you can spend on Physical and Mental Attributes which is equal to 1/2 of your total allowed BP. So 400 BP would equal 200 BP on Attributes, while putting it to 415 would raise it to 208 on Attributes which means someone would be allowed to select more than they would otherwise be allowed. smile.gif

Although since attributes cost 10 BP for each point, the extra 8 points doesn't get anything.

My suggestion from before still stands. Put all of the constants used on the options form and let people change them as they see fit.
I would even suggest allowing for saving the options to files and letting people load different settings. Sort of like campaign settings.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Although since attributes cost 10 BP for each point, the extra 8 points doesn't get anything.

Right, but say someone allows 40 points instead of 15 ('cause big imaginary numbers are fun!). Then you'd be allowed to sink 20 BP more into Attributes than you otherwise should be able to. It's easy enough to add an option for it. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Neko Asakami @ Jul 6 2011, 04:21 PM) *
Second Request: This is the complex one. I misread the Karma cost for Initiating as 10 x (New Grade + 3). Needless to say, I thought that was an amazingly bad deal, so I included a Metamagic technique and an extra point of the Magic attribute, treated like an extra point of STR or BOD from cyberware. So, for example, a PC with Magic 6 initiating for the first time would have to spend 40 Karma (10 x [1+3]), but would end up at Magic 6 (7), Initiate Grade 1, with a Metamagic technique. Obviously, this is not something that should make it into the main program, so my request is how can I add Initiating as a custom quality (not counted toward the 35 BP limit) that will add a Metamagic technique AND bump up their effective Magic attribute?

I need to add in the support for improving Initiation and Submersion Grades to the Improvement Manager which I'll have in the next update (which will be tomorrow evening), but apart from that, it's relatively simple. Here's how you would increase Initiation and MAG by 1. (Adding an Initiate Grade automatically gives you 1 free Metamagic). Quality costs are expressed as BP, so to get a Karma cost of 40, the BP amount is entered as 20.

Create a custom data file (custom_qualities.xml, unless you want to use some special name. As long as it starts with "custom" and ends with "_qualities.xml", Chummer will find it) and use this as a template. (The detailed explanation of the qualities.xml file can be found in the Chummer Wiki):
CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<chummer>
    <qualities>
        <quality>
            <name>My Quality Name</name>
            <contributetolimit>no</contributetolimit>
            <bp>20</bp>
            <category>Positive</category>
            <bonus>
                <initiation>1</initiation>
                <specificattribute>
                    <name>MAG</name>
                    <aug>1</aug>
                    <val>1</val>
                </specificattribute>
            </bonus>
            <source>SR4</source>
            <page>123</page>
        </quality>
    </qualities>
</chummer>
Neko Asakami
Thanks for adding that and whipping up that custom template for me. I'll take a look into how to add it as a multi-level attribute (since they'll obviously want to go above grade 1) on the wiki.

And @ShadowWalker: I could do it that way, but the contacts bought with the free points need to tracked separately for my bookkeeping as a GM. The 15 points can only be spent on people from your backstory (past employers, the cousins you spent that one summer with, the Vory Czar who's life you saved when you were acting as his bodyguard and took the bullet for), and they are in addition to any that you might want to spend out of your starting BP. My group's face, for example, has nearly 45 pts worth of contacts on his sheet: 15 free, 20-odd from his starting 400, plus another 10 pts worth he's developed in game. Being able to keep track of what came from where matters quite a bit.
Nebular
QUOTE (Neko Asakami @ Jul 6 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Thanks for adding that and whipping up that custom template for me. I'll take a look into how to add it as a multi-level attribute (since they'll obviously want to go above grade 1) on the wiki.

To have multiple copies, such as Initiation Rating 1, Initiation Rating 2, etc., you would just create a new Quality for each one (the template I gave you would be what you need for Rating 1). Set the BP to its proper amount, and increase the MAG and Initiation values to 2 for Rating 2, 3 for Rating 3, etc., and you should be good!
Neko Asakami
Ah, well, that's easy. Thank you. I do have a pair of problems, however. When I use the ability in the BP build option, it doesn't actually open the Initiation tab or add to the level of Initiation. I'm guessing that second half will fixed in the update, but not being able to add any metamagics via the Initiation tab in BP mode is seriously hindering creating a prime runner. I've tried it using the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" option as well, still no tab.

Well, that and I'm totally lost on how Changeling (Class X SURGE) actually works. I see it granting free points in my build point summary (though only half of what it's supposed to), but it's not subtracted from my total BP remaining in the lower left corner. When I add a SURGE ability, it subtracts from both totals, even though it's supposed to grant its own pool. Is this intentional?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012