Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Wizard_Thoarin
How hard would it be to add the ranges in for Ranged Weapons on the character sheet? I've seen other character sheets add in the ranges so I don't think this little addition would violate any copyright, but then again I'm not a lawyer.
Nebular
I was actually thinking about the same thing earlier today! I'll take a look at having this in the next update. biggrin.gif
Argent
Missing Weapon Accessories:

SR4A pg 322
Bipod - Under
Gas Vent 2 and 3 - Barrel
Gyro Stabilization - Under
Imaging Scope - Top
Laser Sight - Top/Under
Periscope - Top
Silencer - Barrel
Smart Firing Platform - Under
Smartgun System, External - Top/Under
Sound Suppresser - Barrel
Tripod - Under

Arsenal pg 33-34
Bayonet - Barrel
Flashlight (Standard/Low-Light/Infrared) - Top/Under
Foregrip - Under
Guncam - Top/Under
Underbarrel (Bola Launcher/Flamethrower/Grapple Gun) - Under
Underbarrel Weight - Under

War! pg 155-156
Blade Bayonet - Barrel
Device Mount - Top/Under
Flick Bayonet - Barrel
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 11 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Missing Weapon Accessories:

SR4A pg 322
Bipod - Under
Gas Vent 2 and 3 - Barrel
Gyro Stabilization - Under
Imaging Scope - Top
Laser Sight - Top/Under
Periscope - Top
Silencer - Barrel
Smart Firing Platform - Under
Smartgun System, External - Top/Under
Sound Suppresser - Barrel
Tripod - Under

Arsenal pg 33-34
Bayonet - Barrel
Flashlight (Standard/Low-Light/Infrared) - Top/Under
Foregrip - Under
Guncam - Top/Under
Underbarrel (Bola Launcher/Flamethrower/Grapple Gun) - Under
Underbarrel Weight - Under

War! pg 155-156
Blade Bayonet - Barrel
Device Mount - Top/Under
Flick Bayonet - Barrel

All of those are there. Make sure you're not selecting weapons that already have those mount slots consumed. I took a Colt M23 and found all of these in the list. Not every weapons has all slots free, either because an included accessory consumes them, or because the weapon simply doesn't allow them.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (ggodo @ May 10 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Oh, I've been doing that. The real downside is that the SURGE stuff is confusing to the new players I've got this campaign. I have no idea how this program functions, I was just wondering if an off switch would be possible.

There's a nifty SURGE quality that makes me immune to books if read in French. Can I have it? Pleeeaaassee?
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 10 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Actually, I took a look at my physical copy of the book and it indeed shows +5. My PDF copy shows it at +2. Really wish there was a printing date in these books so I knew which one is correct. I believe my PDF copy arrived LONG before the physical one did, so I'm going to work under the assumption that my PDF copy is out-of-date and that the physical book is correct. This will be corrected in the next update (which will be out very soon - like in the next 30 minutes or so soon).

The one with a max strength rating of 8 for bows is the newer one. I cried.

*edit: that said, I have nothing against a pre-errata chargen.
Argent
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 11 2011, 09:42 PM) *
All of those are there. Make sure you're not selecting weapons that already have those mount slots consumed. I took a Colt M23 and found all of these in the list. Not every weapons has all slots free, either because an included accessory consumes them, or because the weapon simply doesn't allow them.

Roger. I found a couple more issues.

1. Weapons that come with accessories are actually considered built in mods. Arsenal pg 148. A gas vent modded weapon can be equipped with a silencer or suppresser (accessory or a mod). Currently the silencer accessory disapears when either the gas vent is modded to the weapon or if the weapon comes with one. This does not apply if the gas vent is an accessory.

2. Weapon mods can be uninstalled, except for gas vents (WTF!!!) in order to accommodate other mods or accessories. Arsenal pg 129-130. Can you make it where pre installed mods can be removed, including underbarrel weapons.

3. When selecting underbarrel flamethrower, can you include an add weapon button so we can select a particular flame thrower.

4. Can you add a select gear button for the Device Mount mod.

5. Underbarrel Weapon mod is missing. When added can you make so that we can select a particular weapon for that mod.

6. Can you add an option for appropriate mods to be Exhangeable Weapon Mods.

7. Power slide mount is missing.

8. When adding a bayonet mount mod, bayonets no longer take up barrel slot. So I could actually add another barrel mounted accessory such as a silencer or gas vent accessory. Currently the bayonet still takes up the barrel slot.
Argent
Another thing:

Colt Manhunter with laser sight. The laser sight should be built in mod, taking up no top/under mounted position. All top/bottom mounted accessories should be displayed, currently they are not. I think the easiest solution is to default display all mods/accessories and make the player keep track of what goes where instead of removing options once a position is filled.
Argent
YNT Softweave Armor Option is not available. Arsenal pg 161
LonePaladin
Heh. Looks like you've started the flurry of users. I've been there myself!

Since I can't post anything here without adding to the inbox, here's another. twirl.gif

I'm unable to use Chummer on my netbook, because the odd display size (1024 x 600) cuts off the Knowledge skills completely. Any chance of giving this part its own tab?
Nebular
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 12 2011, 11:51 AM) *

Since I can't post anything here without adding to the inbox, here's another. twirl.gif

I'm unable to use Chummer on my netbook, because the odd display size (1024 x 600) cuts off the Knowledge skills completely. Any chance of giving this part its own tab?

Try maximising the window. I put in code a while back to resize everything when the window size changes for the requeste you made a while back. biggrin.gif I can shrink my window down to 1024 x 600 and the contents of the Skills tab shrink to let everything fit.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 12 2011, 11:30 AM) *
YNT Softweave Armor Option is not available. Arsenal pg 161

This will be in the next update. I knew I saw this somewhere before (it's in War! by the way - right page, wrong book wink.gif) but wasn't sure how I was going to handle this. Turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be. I'll take a look at the Weapon Accessory/Mod stuff this weekend.

Weapon Ranges will also be in the next update.
redwulf25
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 12 2011, 12:51 PM) *

Works just fine on my netbook as long as I hit the maximize button.
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 12 2011, 01:41 PM) *
Try maximising the window. I put in code a while back to resize everything when the window size changes for the requeste you made a while back. biggrin.gif I can shrink my window down to 1024 x 600 and the contents of the Skills tab shrink to let everything fit.

I'll take another look at it tomorrow. For now, I'm trying to get everything from that PACKS PDF I linked earlier into a custom file.
redwulf25
I'm pretty sure the Delta-amaloid and related mods don't have a variable rating.
Nebular
They don't. Armor Mods are structured a little differently. I should go back and fix this so it doesn't incorrectly show them as being Rating 1 since you can't actually change it.
redwulf25
And I just tried to create an NPC prime runner using Karma gen. While I can initiate him and raise his magic I get an unhandled exception error when I try to add meta-magic. He is an adept in case this only happens with adepts not magicians.
Leoric
Are you planning to support these options?
- Handling Ally spirits
- IA or free spirit PC
- Optional rules, like power point instead of metamagic for adept initiation, maybe a checkbox to handle cybersuites for PC, rules of overmodifications for vehicules, etc...
- customized spells, for example I have a PC who cast waterballs, not fireballs.

By the way, the CCG doesn't calculate correctly essence costs with multiple reductions: for example if I create a PC with biocompatibility (10% essence cost reduction), adding adapsin (another 10%), and give him an alphaware wired reflex 1 (essence cost: 2, -20% for alpha grade), the final essence cost should be 1,2 because 10% + 10% + 20% = 40% per RAW. the CCG shows a final cost of 1,3.
Nebular
QUOTE (Leoric @ May 12 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Are you planning to support these options?
- Handling Ally spirits
- IA or free spirit PC
- Optional rules, like power point instead of metamagic for adept initiation, maybe a checkbox to handle cybersuites for PC, rules of overmodifications for vehicules, etc...
- customized spells, for example I have a PC who cast waterballs, not fireballs.

By the way, the CCG doesn't calculate correctly essence costs with multiple reductions: for example if I create a PC with biocompatibility (10% essence cost reduction), adding adapsin (another 10%), and give him an alphaware wired reflex 1 (essence cost: 2, -20% for alpha grade), the final essence cost should be 1,2 because 10% + 10% + 20% = 40% per RAW. the CCG shows a final cost of 1,3.

I have no plans to support Free Spirits or AIs right now. They're completely different in terms of character creation and break most of the rules.

I'll have to take a look at Ally Spirits at some point and see what will be involved.

Vehicles can currently be overmodified - you can exceed their capacity by just adding more stuff to it. I intentionally left that open so players could decide to either stay within the rules or go over. Cybersuites was the same basic thinking - it's always there. If GMs allow it, they can grab a suite from the menu. If not, then no clicky! smile.gif

That Essence cost thing is turning out to be a huge pain in the butt! I thought I had the formula nailed down but I clearly don't. Hopefully next update then! biggrin.gif
Yerameyahu
Is that broken US RAW or unreleased German Errata RAW? smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 12 2011, 02:52 PM) *
And I just tried to create an NPC prime runner using Karma gen. While I can initiate him and raise his magic I get an unhandled exception error when I try to add meta-magic. He is an adept in case this only happens with adepts not magicians.

Fixed in next update. It works great if you're a Technomancer. Nuts to everyone else! wobble.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 12 2011, 04:55 PM) *

In regards to which item? The Essence calculation thingy?
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 12 2011, 04:55 PM) *

I'm quoting this in my sig.
Argent
QUOTE (Leoric @ May 12 2011, 05:45 PM) *

You are not entirely correct. The specific wording for biocompatability says "the essence cost of implant of a particular chosen type are reduced by 10%". This tells me that essence cost of that item, whether it is standard, second hand, apha, beta, or delta, must be calculated first and then you reduce it by 10% for biocompatability:

Standard Grade Cyberarm = 1.0 reduce essence cost by 10% for biocompatability 1.0*0.9 = 0.9

Alpha grade cyberarm = 1.0*0.8 = 0.8 then reduce essence cost of alpha cyberarm by 10% 0.8*0.9 = .72

I did reread adapsin and it does specifically say that the 10% "reduction is in addition to reductions from higher grade cyberware" so I can see the argument for adding the percentages together before reducing the essence cost. There really is nothing RAW that tells you exactly how the reductions interact with each other not even an example in augmentation book, just interpretations.

Reading over everything I still beleive the reductions should be calculated in stages instead of added all together and then reducing the essence.

Ex. Alpha Cyberarm = 0.8 Essence, then biocompatability 0.8*0.9= 0.72 then adapsin 0.72*0.9= 0.648 = 0.65

At the most generous I would say maybe adding adapsin and biocompatability then reducing whatever grade cyberware it is.

Ex. Alpha Cyberarm = 0.8 Essence, then Biocompatability + Adapsin 0.8*(0.8 )= 0.64
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 12 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Reading over everything I still beleive the reductions should be calculated in stages instead of added all together and then reducing the essence.

Ex. Alpha Cyberarm = 0.8 Essence, then biocompatability 0.8*0.9= 0.72 then adapsin 0.72*0.9= 0.648 = 0.65

This one makes the most sense to me. Basically diminishing returns so that the more modifiers you have, the less meaningful they become, which makes sense to me and keeps people from abusing things. With 3 bonuses of -10%, -20%, and -30% on a single character with a 10 Ess cost piece of 'ware for example, it's the different between 4 Ess (-60% = 10 * 0.4 = 4) and 5.04 Ess (10 * 0.9 = 9 * 0.8 = 7.2 * 0.7 = 5.04) which is a fairly significant difference.
Nebular
Edit: According to this thread, and confirmed by one of the forum mods who has seemingly been doing this for a very long time, you add all of the modifiers together and then apply the whole shebang to the item's ESS cost. So -10% Adapsin + -10% Biocompatability + -20% Alphaware = -40% ESS cost. I'm going to work with this until Topps tells me it's wrong or someone can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary. It does seem to match the spirit of the other rules where all modifiers are simply added together.
Argent
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 12 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Edit: According to this thread, and confirmed by one of the forum mods who has seemingly been doing this for a very long time, you add all of the modifiers together and then apply the whole shebang to the item's ESS cost. So -10% Adapsin + -10% Biocompatability + -20% Alphaware = -40% ESS cost. I'm going to work with this until Topps tells me it's wrong or someone can provide conclusive evidence to the contrary. It does seem to match the spirit of the other rules where all modifiers are simply added together.

Who am I to question the master of the matrix, FastJack. I always think a little too conservatively, its the GM inside of me. Now I can really pack in the cyberware!
Argent
Request:

1. For adept power Improved Sense, can you make it so that we can manually write what it is that we are choosing. ie. Low-Light or Thermographic and then it displays

Improved Sense (Low-Light)

Ok so to just put this essense reduction thing to bed, here are all the combos. Let me know if you agree.

Cyber:
Biocompatability or adapsin = 10% reduction
Biocompatability + adapsin = 20% reduction
Alpha grade + biocompatability or adapsin = 30% reduction, with beta =40%, with delta =60%
Alpha grade + biocompatibility + adapsin = 40% reduction, with beta =50%, with delta =70%

Bioware:
Biocompatability = 10% reduction, does not include geneware.
Type O System = 50% reduction for basic bioware only.
Biocompatability + Type O System = 60% reduction for basic bioware, 10% for all other bioware.

Geneware:
Genecrafted = 20% reduction in cost only, not essence during character creation. All geneware.
Genetic Heritage = any one genetic enhancement for free and 20% reduction in cost for transgenic genetic enhancements only.
Genecrafted + Genetic Heritage =
At character creation: any one genetic enhancement for free and 40% reduction in cost for transgenic enhancements, 20% for all other geneware.
After character creation: 20% reduction in cost to transgenic enhancements only.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 12 2011, 06:29 AM) *
3. When selecting underbarrel flamethrower, can you include an add weapon button so we can select a particular flame thrower.

4. Can you add a select gear button for the Device Mount mod.

5. Underbarrel Weapon mod is missing. When added can you make so that we can select a particular weapon for that mod.

The Underbarrel Weapon Mod is there - it's just named Underbarrel Bola Launcher, Underbarrel Flamethrower, and Underbarrel Grapple Gun since those are your limited choices.

I'm going to say no to the rest (for now at least), largely because they can be modified individually and it's necessary in order to keep track of their ammo counts in Career Mode. The Device thing is an ugly issue as well. For now it should be easy enough to keep track of what's an underbarrel weapon or device mounted item in something like the Notes section if needed.

That said, I DO have the mount thing all cleaned up after re-writing how it's handled. All Mods and Accessories can now be added/removed from Weapons and can be marked as Installed or not. Weapons update their RC to reflect all of the items currently Installed in it, so if you remove the Stock, its RC will drop.

I'll have another update ready to go this evening which will include this stuff.
LonePaladin
Low priority item here. I'm getting an exception when I try to download the latest character sheet. The program and data files updated fine.

Here's the exception text, stuck in a nice little code-box so it doesn't take up excess space:
CODE
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\sheets\Shadowrun 4.xsl'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
at Chummer.frmUpdate.DownloadUpdates()
at Chummer.frmUpdate.cmdUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.75
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.75
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Chris/My%20Documents/Downloads/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ May 13 2011, 09:58 AM) *
Request:

1. For adept power Improved Sense, can you make it so that we can manually write what it is that we are choosing. ie. Low-Light or Thermographic and then it displays

Improved Sense (Low-Light)

Ok so to just put this essense reduction thing to bed, here are all the combos. Let me know if you agree. (big long list removed)

The Power thing will be in the next update.

And yes, that list looks correct. My head nearly exploded from trying to get everything to match up, but I think I finally have it! Oh do I ever hope I have it and don't need to worry about it again. wobble.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 13 2011, 10:19 AM) *
Low priority item here. I'm getting an exception when I try to download the latest character sheet. The program and data files updated fine.

So you have Chummer.exe located right in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\" directory, correct? That's weird that it won't update the sheet since updating a sheet and updating a data file is the same block of code. If

Edit: I think I found the problem. When the you grab tonight's update, just grab the Chummer update on its own, restart Chummer, then try updating everything again. There may have been a possible issue of it trying to save downloaded files to the wrong location. Not entirely sure why, but I explicity tell it where to save things now.
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 13 2011, 11:38 AM) *
So you have Chummer.exe located right in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\" directory, correct?

Sort of. It's actually in: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Downloads\Chummer\
Nebular
k. Hopefully this update fixes it for you.
Nebular
Here's this weekend's big update.

Build 78
- added support for <sensitivesystem /> to Improvement Manager since Sensitive System explicity doubles the final Essence cost rather than applying a +100% cost modifier
- Essence modifiers are now added together to determine a total percentage which is then deducted from an item's Essence cost
- linked Contacts and Enemies now open in their correct mode (either Build or Career)
- clicking Add & More when adding a Weapon Mod to a standard Weapon now correctly goes through the process again instead of trying add a Mod to a Vehicle Weapon
- PACKS Kits now support the new Exotic Skill setup
- updated Exotic PACKS Kits to include all Exotic Skills
- Essence Loss now correctly impacts MAG and RES
- added an option to support the More Lethal Gameplay optional rule (off by default)
- added support for Weapon Ranges
- added support for SoftWeave Armor Mod
- resizing the window no longer causes the Notes field on the Character Info tab to slide behind other fields
- opening the Metamagic window as a non-Technomancer no longer causes an error
- Armor Mods with no Rating no longer have the Rating field enabled
- Weapon Mods and Accessories that come with a Weapon can now be removed
- removed Weapon Accessory Mount tracking since Accessories can be swapped and removed during play and places too much restriction on Accessory selection
- Melee Weapons now show the damage they will do and their full Reach based on the character's Attributes in the Select a Weapon window
- added an Installed option for Weapon Mods and Accessories to show that they are currently in use on the Weapon and are contributing to the Weapon's stats
- re-wrote how Weapon RC is calculated (see below)
- fixed an issue that could cause data and character sheet files to be saved to the wrong location during an update
- added a Condition Monitor tab in Career Mode which records the character's Condition Monitors and applies penalties to Skills

Weapon Recoil Changes
Since Weapons can now have their Mods and Accessories added and removed, the Weapon's RC now shows what it is with the items currently attached to it. When selecting a Weapon, the Select a Weapon window may show the lower RC number as being slightly different than it appears in the source book, however the number IS CORRECT since it comes with all of the attachments already installed. This happens because in SR4A, some Stocks were removable and some were not. With the addition of the Stock Accessory in Arsenal, they all effectively became removable items.
Wizard_Thoarin
Going through and working on an adept for a player in my campaign, it would be nice if Killing Hands, Mystic Armor, and Critical Strike actually modified some of the things on the character sheet.

Killing Hands should change unarmed combat from S to P/S or P or S since the player gets to choose whether he does physical or stun damage.

Critical Strike should add its rank to the damage value of unarmed combat attack.

Mystic Armor should show up as a plug in to armor so that it can increase the Ballistic/Impact rating of worn armor by the rating of Mystic Armor.

I don't know if there are other adept powers that could or should modify things on the character sheet that don't at this time. I know the Improved Reflexes 2 seems to work just fine though.

Thanks for all the work.
Nebular
Some changes that came to mind during last night's game, and the requested Adept Power updates. smile.gif

Build 79
  • Vehicles now have a Condition Monitor in Career Mode
  • Burst Fire Mode no longer allows Full Bursts since this requires Full Auto Mode
  • Vehicle Weapons now limit the Firing Modes they can used based on the Weapon's Firing Modes
  • Vehicle Weapons now show their correct Ammo Source in Career Mode
  • total number of Drain Resistance dice now appears next to the Drain Attributes on the Spells and Spirits tab
  • Initiative and Initiative Passes now show both their base and Augmented values in the same way as the character sheet
  • Weapon Ranges are now displayed on the Weapons and Vehicles tabs when a Weapon is selected (Vehicle Weapons in Career Mode only)
  • Critical Strike Adept Power now increases Unarmed Damage
  • Killing Hands Adept Power now changes the character's Unarmed Damage to Physical
  • Kinesics Adept Power now improves Social Active Skills
  • corrected Natural Immunity and Mystic Armor Adept Powers (Natural Immunity had Mystic Armor's Armor bonus by mistake)
LonePaladin
Well, it's no longer throwing me an exception when I try to update everything. Catch is, now it won't admit that the character and data sheets are up-to-date.

Traditions.xml is lacking the traditions from Street Magic.

I have a request as well: I'd like the option to create a partial character -- as in, lay out a few skills, maybe some gear -- and save that as a custom PACKS template, so that I can go in an edit out the extraneous parts but have the actual items formatted properly. Basically, have it save anything that has been altered from the baseline and save it in the proper XML format. Does that make sense?

Or I just need to get off my butt and quit grousing about Notepad.
Nebular
Updated the Traditions to add the missing ones.
Wizard_Thoarin
Looks like the cost for the Improved Reflexes is incorrect accord to the table on page 196 in my SR4A book.

Improved Reflexes 1 should be 1.5 magic points
Improved Reflexes 2 should be 2.5 magic points
Improved Reflexes 3 should be 4 magic points.

Currently they are listed as costing 2, 3, and 5 magic points respectively.
whatevs
It looks as though orthoskin is contributing it's rating to encumberance. The description in the book (SR4A 347) doesn't say anything about it either way, just assumed that it wouldn't encumber because it's... your skin...
whatevs
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 14 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Looks like the cost for the Improved Reflexes is incorrect accord to the table on page 196 in my SR4A book.

Improved Reflexes 1 should be 1.5 magic points
Improved Reflexes 2 should be 2.5 magic points
Improved Reflexes 3 should be 4 magic points.

Currently they are listed as costing 2, 3, and 5 magic points respectively.

Just had my copy open. What he said.
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 14 2011, 01:44 PM) *
Just had my copy open. What he said.

The values in Chummer are correct based on the updated values from the Runner's Toolkit. They basically cost the same amount in MAG as the equivalent Wired Reflexes ESS. The Toolkit is the closest thing we've had to an errata. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 14 2011, 01:41 PM) *
It looks as though orthoskin is contributing it's rating to encumberance. The description in the book (SR4A 347) doesn't say anything about it either way, just assumed that it wouldn't encumber because it's... your skin...

As far as I understand it, anything that contributes to your Armor Ratings also contributes towards your Encumbrance since it is more bulk being added to your frame.
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 14 2011, 01:13 PM) *
Updated the Traditions to add the missing ones.

Looks like the code's not checking the source on traditions; if you turn off Street Magic from the list, it still shows the extra traditions.

And I'm starting to think my netbook's copy is borked somehow, what with the updating issue and its refusal to play well with the display. The only way I can get it to scroll down to reach the Knowledge skills is to maximize the program, then un-maximize the character window and resize it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 14 2011, 02:01 PM) *
The values in Chummer are correct based on the updated values from the Runner's Toolkit. They basically cost the same amount in MAG as the equivalent Wired Reflexes ESS. The Toolkit is the closest thing we've had to an errata. nyahnyah.gif

Just to follow up on this, here's the Powers table from the Runner's Toolkit's Compiled Tables booklet. http://www.dndjunkie.com/images/AdeptPowersTable.jpg
Nebular
QUOTE (LonePaladin @ May 14 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Looks like the code's not checking the source on traditions; if you turn off Street Magic from the list, it still shows the extra traditions.

And I'm starting to think my netbook's copy is borked somehow, what with the updating issue and its refusal to play well with the display. The only way I can get it to scroll down to reach the Knowledge skills is to maximize the program, then un-maximize the character window and resize it.

If you move it outside of the My Documents directory and put it somewhere like C:\Chummer, does that solve the problem?

I'm able to reproduce the resizing problem you're having. I'll work on a fix for this.
fazzamar
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 14 2011, 03:01 PM) *

How do we know the Runner Toolkit is correct and the values weren't a mistake?

Also, as a note, if anyone wants to change the Improved Reflexes values back to pre-Runner's Toolkit costs all it takes is a simple edit in notepad of the Powers.xml file.
Nebular
QUOTE (fazzamar @ May 14 2011, 01:59 PM) *
How do we know the Runner Toolkit is correct and the values weren't a mistake?

Also, as a note, if anyone wants to change the Improved Reflexes values back to pre-Runner's Toolkit costs all it takes is a simple edit in notepad of the Powers.xml file.

That's like arguing how do you know the numbers in an errata are now correct and not a mistake. smile.gif One must assume that the latest revision of the numbers from the publisher are in fact the most up-to-date, just like the values in SR4A superseding the ones in SR4. The numbers make sense to me as they bring the cost in line with similar Cyberware. The difference between 1.5 and 2 isn't a simple miss of a keystroke like most of the mistakes in their books, so someone had intentionally made that change. Augmentation didn't have matching number when you compared the Genetech tables with the descriptions to the Genetech summary tables at the back of the book, but the Toolkit seems to confirm that the tables with the descriptions are the correct values. Given that they've been working on that Toolkit and compiled tables for quite some time, and that the Genetech tables in the Toolkit aren't a 3rd different set of numbers, I'd be inclined to say they were a little more diligent in making sure the information they were providing and updating are what they should now be.

Or at least that's my take on it. biggrin.gif
LonePaladin
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 14 2011, 02:55 PM) *
If you move it outside of the My Documents directory and put it somewhere like C:\Chummer, does that solve the problem?

I'll try that this evening.

In the meantime, there's another little add-on I'd like to see added to the sourcebook list: Digital Grimoire. (Can't finish the original PACKS document without it.)

I've made some entries in a custom-packs.xml file for testing, and it doesn't seem to be appearing on the list of options. Perhaps the program isn't reading it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012