Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 6 2011, 10:33 AM) *
Well the example that comes to mind off the top of my head is the Empathy software.
It's under Vision Enhancements, Sensors, and in the programs file, but then I think everything there is duplicated from the gear file.
I remember seeing one other instance of this, but I don't remember what it was.

And since I was just thinking of gear and software, is there a way to attach program options to the software they are being used in?
So it shows up as say: Attack (Area 5) 6

I'll add it to the list o' stuff. smile.gif

I apparently also lied about swapping Qualities not being in the in next update. Just finished putting it in. biggrin.gif
Argent
My adept character will not save into career mode. Says:

"This character is not valid and breaks the following rules: No Magic Tradition has been selected."

I have only chosen the adept quality 5BPs. I'm pretty sure an adept does not need a tradtion, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that tradtions are optional even for mages and mystic adepts.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ Jun 6 2011, 12:59 PM) *
My adept character will not save into career mode. Says:

"This character is not valid and breaks the following rules: No Magic Tradition has been selected."

I have only chosen the adept quality 5BPs. I'm pretty sure an adept does not need a tradtion, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that tradtions are optional even for mages and mystic adepts.

Yeah, this is will be fixed in today's update. The problem was that I was checking to make sure a Tradition was selected if you had the MAG Attribute available instead of checking for the Magician tab being available (who knew there'd be differences between .MAGEnabled and .MagicianEnabled?! biggrin.gif)
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 6 2011, 11:54 AM) *
I'll add it to the list o' stuff. smile.gif

I apparently also lied about swapping Qualities not being in the in next update. Just finished putting it in. biggrin.gif

Awesome.
Bobby
Thank you for the Text mode, it's wonderful!

I would like to request a feature: Some way to output the Karma and Nuyen logs, either as part of the existing character sheets or as a separate 'character sheet', so I can keep them with my sheet. This would be handy for both me and my GM (Questions 'when did I last award Karma?' 'What have you been focusing spending on?' become quickly solved!)
Nebular
It's here!

Build 106
  • added support for <fresspositivequalities /> to Improvement Manager which allows a number of BP in free Positive Qualities
  • added support for <fressnegativequalities /> to Improvement Manager which allows a number of BP in free Negative Qualities
  • replaced the Changeling BP Adjustment Qualities with <freepositivequalities /> and <freenegativequalities /> Improvements as needed
  • Enforce Skill Rating Maximum option now saves its value to the correct place instead of overwriting the value for the Skill Defaulting Includes Modifiers option
  • adding Gear to a Vehicle now gives you the Free! option
  • adding Nexi to a Vehicle now gives you the Free! option
  • item 10 in the File menu's most recently used list now uses 0 as its mnemonic and loads correctly
  • Condition Monitor penalties now affect Defaulted Active Skills when the option to include Modifiers in Defaulted Skills is diabled
  • Character is now responsible for calculating its own Initiatives/Initiative Passes, Condition Monitors, and Armor Encumbrance instead of the Create and Career windows doing it
  • Active and Knowledge Skills no longer show a negative number for the dice pool since they cannot go lower than 0
  • added a button to the Gear tab to reduce the selected piece of Gear's Quantity by 1
  • Adepts are no longer required to have a Magic Tradition selected when moving to Career Mode
  • character sheet now shows the correct number for Nuyen
  • dates can now be selected when creating Karma and Nuyen Rewards/Expenses
  • returned Improved Physical Attribute Adept Power back to its SR4A cost since the cost Powers in the Runner's Tool Kit are apparently wrong
  • re-wrote Qualities to be a class instead of a series of strings (see below)
  • added support for swapping Qualities in Career Mode
  • Minigrenades now add a Minigrenade Weapon instead of Grenade which have the correct Grenade Launcher ranges
  • added Skillsofts and Activesofts to Vehicles where appropriate
  • Gear in the Gear list can now be reorganised using drag and drop
Changes to Qualities
Qualities have undergone a complete re-write. Existing character will convert their Qualities over to the new format when they are loaded. It is recommended that you immediately save your character after opening it to keep these Quality changes. The code to convert these Qualities will be removed around June 20 (update notes will be posted to inform of the change). Qualities are now handled like other items in that they can be added/removed using the Add and Delete buttons and are listed in a single tree. The Select a Quality window by default lists only the Qualities that the character may take - a checkbox is provided to show all Qualities, regardless of qualification.

Outstanding Items
  • Gear Categories
  • Remove Old Quality Conversion Code
  • License Types
  • Look into Karma/Nuyen Expense Rollback
  • Karma/Nuyen Expense on Character Sheets
Updated NPC Saves
The updated NPC save files are also available from here.
ShadowWalker
Long list of changes.

As an optional rule, would it be possible to have it so essence only affects the max for Magic and Resonance?
Basically only max is reduced unless current is the same as max then both get reduced. The cost to increase is always based on current + 1 and not total bought + 1.
ShadowWalker
I put in a nexus with a Process Limit of 10, Response 6, System 6, Firewall 6 and the cost came out way too low.
It should have costed
Response: 6x10x100 = 6,000
System: 6x18x50 = 5,400
Firewall: 6x10x50 = 3,000
For a grand total of 14,400

Looks like the cost of Response is missing.

I also think the Persona Limit should be editable.

If you look at the pre-packaged nexi they all have persona limits greater than 3 times system.
Seems to me the 3 times system should be a minimum and have the max at 50.

Are the pre-packaged nexi in the gear? I don't see them anywhere.

Upgrades for a commlinks Response and Signal should both have a Do it yourself checkbox. This would cut the cost in half.
This can be found on page 227 in SR4A under the heading "Using Hardware".

Just tired the Custom Commlink.
Looks great, but... When I selected a Firewall of 6 it went to the regular upgrade thing and only gave me the option to put in a system of 1 or 2 when before it had been 1 to 10.

After deleting the Firewall of 6 it went back to 1 to 10. When I selected a System of 6 it did the same thing as above except that Firewall was allowing a range of 1 to 3.
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 6 2011, 10:39 PM) *
It's here!

Build 106
  • added support for <fresspositivequalities /> to Improvement Manager which allows a number of BP in free Positive Qualities
  • added support for <fressnegativequalities /> to Improvement Manager which allows a number of BP in free Negative Qualities
  • replaced the Changeling BP Adjustment Qualities with <freepositivequalities /> and <freenegativequalities /> Improvements as needed
  • Enforce Skill Rating Maximum option now saves its value to the correct place instead of overwriting the value for the Skill Defaulting Includes Modifiers option
  • adding Gear to a Vehicle now gives you the Free! option
  • adding Nexi to a Vehicle now gives you the Free! option
  • item 10 in the File menu's most recently used list now uses 0 as its mnemonic and loads correctly
  • Condition Monitor penalties now affect Defaulted Active Skills when the option to include Modifiers in Defaulted Skills is diabled
  • Character is now responsible for calculating its own Initiatives/Initiative Passes, Condition Monitors, and Armor Encumbrance instead of the Create and Career windows doing it
  • Active and Knowledge Skills no longer show a negative number for the dice pool since they cannot go lower than 0
  • added a button to the Gear tab to reduce the selected piece of Gear's Quantity by 1
  • Adepts are no longer required to have a Magic Tradition selected when moving to Career Mode
  • character sheet now shows the correct number for Nuyen
  • dates can now be selected when creating Karma and Nuyen Rewards/Expenses
  • returned Improved Physical Attribute Adept Power back to its SR4A cost since the cost Powers in the Runner's Tool Kit are apparently wrong
  • re-wrote Qualities to be a class instead of a series of strings (see below)
  • added support for swapping Qualities in Career Mode
  • Minigrenades now add a Minigrenade Weapon instead of Grenade which have the correct Grenade Launcher ranges
  • added Skillsofts and Activesofts to Vehicles where appropriate
  • Gear in the Gear list can now be reorganised using drag and drop
Changes to Qualities
Qualities have undergone a complete re-write. Existing character will convert their Qualities over to the new format when they are loaded. It is recommended that you immediately save your character after opening it to keep these Quality changes. The code to convert these Qualities will be removed around June 20 (update notes will be posted to inform of the change). Qualities are now handled like other items in that they can be added/removed using the Add and Delete buttons and are listed in a single tree. The Select a Quality window by default lists only the Qualities that the character may take - a checkbox is provided to show all Qualities, regardless of qualification.

Outstanding Items
  • Gear Categories
  • License Types
  • Karma/Nuyen Expense on Character Sheets
Updated NPC Saves
The updated NPC save files are also available from here.

Awesome! Chummer's looking better and better all the time.
Nebular
The pre-packaged Nexi aren't anywhere right now. I saw that table a number of times and for some reason I kept thinking they were Drones and that I had already entered the Drones from the earlier books. I'll look at adding those while I'm working on the fixing up the Nexi price calculations.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 6 2011, 09:34 PM) *
The pre-packaged Nexi aren't anywhere right now. I saw that table a number of times and for some reason I kept thinking they were Drones and that I had already entered the Drones from the earlier books. I'll look at adding those while I'm working on the fixing up the Nexi price calculations.

hmm, a drone loaded with a nexi....
SpellBinder
Hopefully in the near future we can see Groups/Meshes and Ordeals/Tasks available to the Initiation/Submersion grades.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 6 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Hopefully in the near future we can see Groups/Meshes and Ordeals/Tasks available to the Initiation/Submersion grades.

They are there, at least I saw them there for submersion once in career mode.
SpellBinder
Haven't messed around that much with career mode (and I see them there), but in karma build mode the options aren't present.

Added: Oh, Certified Credsticks don't have a rating and are a flat 25 nuyen.gif a pop regardless of their type (Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Ebony).
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 6 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Haven't messed around that much with career mode (and I see them there), but in karma build mode the options aren't present.

Added: Oh, Certified Credsticks don't have a rating and are a flat 25 nuyen.gif a pop regardless of their type (Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Ebony).

Which options are missing?

Credsticks are a little weird. The Rating is intended to represent how much Nuyen is loaded on to them. So a "Rating 1000" Credstick holds 1,000:nuyen: and costs 1,025:nuyen: (1,000 for the loaded amount, 25 for the Credstick itself). This was about the only way I could think of representing it while keeping it within the limitations of being Gear.
SpellBinder
The options to add a Group/Mesh and/or Ordeal/Task to your Initiation/Submersion grades during karma-gen of a character.

And regarding the credsticks, I can see the idea intent in using the rating as a measure of how much is on them (just not something I ever accounted for in tracking the funds of my Shadowrun characters; it all got pooled into a single lump sum). Just might want to be able to actually let a credstick have a rating of zero to represent no funds on the stick. Could also break up the credsticks into their five types with their corresponding limits (SR4a, page 267 has them outlined).
Bobby
When looking to check the Nuyen fix, I discovered the Text Only sheet doesn't have Nuyen on, nor does the GM's Summary. Not sure if it's needed for the latter but it'd be handy for the former.

Changing information on the Character Info section doesn't trigger the 'character changed' flag.
SpellBinder
Found a glitch with the Metagenetic Improvement quality, in that it not only added to the minimum and maximum attribute values, but also augmented the attribute as well. For example, a character with Logic 4 and Metagenetic Improvement (Logic) would have an augmented Logic of 5. Taking the <val> tag out of the quality seems to fix this so the quality works like it's supposed to.

Added: Almost missed this as I usually tag the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" box, but the Changeling qualities really mess things up. For instance, taking the Class III SURGE and Metagenetic Improvement qualities maxes out your allowance for qualities in Chummer when it shouldn't. Maybe if there was a way to flag qualities as being taken as a SURGE quality, with a separate points count for them that doesn't count against your Qualities limit until exceeded (like taking 15 BP of SURGE qualities for a Class I SURGE means 5 BP is spent against your Qualities limit) could be implemented.
Wizard_Thoarin
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 6 2011, 08:51 PM) *
Found a glitch with the Metagenetic Improvement quality, in that it not only added to the minimum and maximum attribute values, but also augmented the attribute as well. For example, a character with Logic 4 and Metagenetic Improvement (Logic) would have an augmented Logic of 5. Taking the <val> tag out of the quality seems to fix this so the quality works like it's supposed to.

If this is during character creation wouldn't this be working as intended? I mean the min and max bump from the quality would be applied and then any BP or KP put into the attribute would boost the attribute score up from the new minimum. If this is obtained in career mode, then I'd have to double check the wording of the quality before I formed an opinion. Anyway, my understanding is that you start with the minimum score which is raised by the quality and then buy up from there for attributes.

To use your example, a character with a logic of 4 would have for free a starting logic of 1 and then the necessary BP cost to buy 3 more points to get it to 4. {1 free + 3 from BP}

While a character that took Metagenetic Improvement (Logic) during character creation would have for free Logic of 2 (1 for free plus the bump from Metagenetic Improvement) + the necessary BP or KP to bump it 3 more points taking the total to 5. {2 free + 3 from BP}
Wizard_Thoarin
Just an FYI, those metatypes like the Troll, Fomori, and Minotaur that didn't have their racial qualities show up on the character sheet, don't get them back when you open them and have the qualities converted. The characters are being treated as if they never had their racial qualities at all. Other qualities chosen by the player seem to be converted just fine. So, for any save file prior to this update that didn't have some or all racial qualities show up on the character sheet, your going to have to go ahead and rebuild the character.
SpellBinder
But it is not working as intended. As a check I started with a Human base and chose a Changeling quality then Metagenetic Improvement (Logic) and went straight to the character sheet. The defaultable Logic skills showed up with a Pool of 2 and an Attribute of 3. In Chummer, no points had been spent on Logic had it was set to 2 (because of the increase of the minimum) and just to the right was a (3) in the Aug column.

In RC, the quality says nothing about the attribute increasing during gameplay (as opposed to the Impaired Attribute, which states will reduce the chosen attribute if said attribute is at its maximum), so the attribute affected by Metagenetic Improvement would not change unless it was at the racial minimum.
Wizard_Thoarin
And Guess what...

Starting to re-enter the Minotaur Bounty Hunter one of my players is playing and went to add his non-racial qualities and I get an error message that I can't have more then 35 BP in Qualities... I don't think it mentioned "Positive Qualities" in the error message though. So, Racial Qualities are counting against the BP Max for Qualities and they shouldn't.

Since it looks like the save file is also an XML file, maybe adding a <racial></racial> tag into qualities that can be set yes or no when you select your race and the qualities are added to the character would fix this. If its set to "yes", "y" or maybe "1" it shouldn't count against the starting BP that can be spent on qualities during character creation. On the other hand if its left blank or set to "no", "n" or "0" it would count. what ever designator is easiest to understand ore implement would work I guess.
SpellBinder
Certainly looks like that. Did a little quick test with a Minotaur myself. Noticed the pre-selected qualities totaled 30 BP in positive qualities. Could choose a 5 BP positive quality, but the next 5 BP positive quality popped up a message (for the record, the qualities chosen, in order, were Adept & Ambidextrous).

Also, the build point summary on the right said 5 BP at this point. In the least, if the 35 BP (or 70 karma) limits on positive/negative qualities can be taken from that value instead can help clear up this part of the qualities issue. And it might work on the Changeling issue I mentioned above, though I think the SURGE qualities should be tracked separately as the negative SURGE qualities cannot be bought off during game play (reference RC, page 110; note there's a list of SURGE negative qualities that can be taken without being a changeling).
McDougle
eek.gif

I didnt know there was a new chargen!

I will try this one out ASAP!

Thanks so much! rotfl.gif

EDIT:

I´ve never seen any editor that did include so much(and even the new stuff biggrin.gif ) material!

A question though(i hope it wasnt already asked before):
Will you include group-connections/enemies in future updates?

McD
Argent
Starting nuyen problem:

SR4A pg 88. If you have nuyen left over from resources, you may add +1 to the dice roll for ever 100 nuyen left over, up to max of 3 times the number of dice rolled.

I only have 19 nuyen remaining at the end of character creation so I should receive a +0 to the dice roll, I always get +9 to the dice roll. I only purchased one month of low lifestyle. Have not tried this with any other lifestyles.
Nebular
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ Jun 7 2011, 01:41 AM) *
And Guess what...

Starting to re-enter the Minotaur Bounty Hunter one of my players is playing and went to add his non-racial qualities and I get an error message that I can't have more then 35 BP in Qualities... I don't think it mentioned "Positive Qualities" in the error message though. So, Racial Qualities are counting against the BP Max for Qualities and they shouldn't.

Since it looks like the save file is also an XML file, maybe adding a <racial></racial> tag into qualities that can be set yes or no when you select your race and the qualities are added to the character would fix this. If its set to "yes", "y" or maybe "1" it shouldn't count against the starting BP that can be spent on qualities during character creation. On the other hand if its left blank or set to "no", "n" or "0" it would count. what ever designator is easiest to understand ore implement would work I guess.

This is actually represented by the <qualitysource /> tag which can be either Selected to show that it was manually selected, or Metatype to show that it came from the selected Metatype/Metavariant. The app does check to see if a Quality should count towards the BP limit, and Metatype is excluded from that list. I'm wondering if it isn't loading it back in correctly. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Argent
Dragging and dropping gear with accessories removes the whole acessory tree associated with that piece of gear, it does not refund you the nuyen either.
Nebular
Updated to correct the more critical problems that were brought up before I dedicate the rest of the day to inFamous 2. biggrin.gif

Build 108
  • corrected the Response calculation for Nexi
  • adding a Quality now correctly check each Quality to see if it counts towards the BP limit, not just the Quality that is being added
  • changing any of the information on the Character Info tab now causes the changes made flag to be set
  • corrected the formula for determining a Starting Nuyen amount based on the Nuyen they have remaining
  • Metagenetic Improvement correctly sets the character's Attribute value to its new minimum after selecting your Metatype/Metavariant
  • when adding a new Quality, the free Quality BP gained through SURGE is now included when determining if you have exceeded the allowed BP amounts
  • dragging and dropping a piece of Gear now properly re-creates any accessories it had
ShadowWalker
Just noticed, and no clue why I missed this yesterday, but signal is completely missing from the nexi configuration window.
It has the standard cost for signal.

Add: When making a Custom Commlink the System and Firewall Upgrades revert to the standard upgrades once you select one or the other. Response and Signal Upgrades work fine.
Argent
When reloading a Colt Manhunter in career mode i received an unhandled exception error. It only seems to happen with the colt manhunter, tried reloading an AK-147 and an Ares Desert Strike and it works fine. Also when I select the colt manhunter, the unhandled exception error keeps popping up.

"Input string was not in a correct format."

This was in the details box:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.Weapon.get_TotalRC()
at Chummer.frmCareer.RefreshSelectedWeapon()
at Chummer.frmCareer.cmdReloadWeapon_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.108
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.108
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/RPG/ShadowRun/Shadowrun%204th%20Edition/Character%20Generators/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Wizard_Thoarin
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 7 2011, 02:49 AM) *
EDIT:

I´ve never seen any editor that did include so much(and even the new stuff biggrin.gif ) material!

A question though(i hope it wasnt already asked before):
Will you include group-connections/enemies in future updates?

McD

You can already add enemies... There is a button below where you add contacts for adding enemies. unless your referring to group enemies like "The Mafia"
Wizard_Thoarin
Recreating my Fomori Physical Adept PC... while trying to add a Martial Arts. Whenever I click on the button to add a martial arts it gives me an error that I can't have more then 35 BP in Qualities... It shows I've only spent 5 BP in Qualities though. I've only got the racial qualities and the Adept quality on this character.
Wizard_Thoarin
On the character sheet, neither Addictions nor Allergies seem to be putting the associated item like "Alcohol" or "Sunlight" that is entered when you choose the addiction or allergy. They are listed in parenthesis on the the quality in the character window but the information isn't displayed on the character sheet.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ Jun 7 2011, 04:19 PM) *
When reloading a Colt Manhunter in career mode i received an unhandled exception error. It only seems to happen with the colt manhunter, tried reloading an AK-147 and an Ares Desert Strike and it works fine. Also when I select the colt manhunter, the unhandled exception error keeps popping up.

"Input string was not in a correct format."

I can't seem to reproduce this. What type of Ammo are you using to reload it? There are a few weapons that used to be listed is "16 ©" instead of "16©", so if you added the Manhunter to the character a while back when those inconsistencies were there, that is likely what is causing the problem. One thing you could try is removing the Manhunter from the character, adding it back for free, then see if you can reload it.
Argent
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 7 2011, 07:15 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this. What type of Ammo are you using to reload it? There are a few weapons that used to be listed is "16 ©" instead of "16©", so if you added the Manhunter to the character a while back when those inconsistencies were there, that is likely what is causing the problem. One thing you could try is removing the Manhunter from the character, adding it back for free, then see if you can reload it.

Did some troubleshooting. I think it has to do with the High power ammo.... while in career mode i purchased ex explosive ammo and "reloaded" it into the colt manhunter and it worked just fine, no error notice then I tried reloading high power ammo again and once again got the unhandled exception. I did repurchase the colt manhunter and also repurchased ammo just in case.

FYI, once a weapon is modded for high power chambering it can only fire high power ammo and nothing else. WAR pg 156.
Nebular
This will hopefully take care of the last of the wacky Quality issues that came up because of the conversion, and fix the issue with Ammos that provide RC modifiers (such as High-Powered).

Build 109
  • Qualities now show their selected text values on the character sheets
  • Martial Arts now correctly checks the BP cost of only Qualities that count towards a character's Quality BP limit
  • ammo that has a Recoil modifier no longer throws an error when you attempt to reload a Weapon with it
Argent
When deleting imaging scope (included with the weapon) from the Ares Desert Strike, it also deletes the barrel extension mod. Are you going to allow modding of imaging scopes with vision enhancements? Thanks. The generator is just amazing!
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Argent @ Jun 8 2011, 09:00 AM) *
When deleting imaging scope (included with the weapon) from the Ares Desert Strike, it also deletes the barrel extension mod. Are you going to allow modding of imaging scopes with vision enhancements? Thanks. The generator is just amazing!

I would like to see mods being allowed on items that can be both a mod and modded.
I'm thinking that <capacity></capacity> should be changed to <capacity uses="" available=""/>
If uses is not there then it can't be put in things, and if available is zero or not there then things can't be put in it.

It also just occurred to me while thinking about this that things like the visual and auditory accessories are duplicated within weapon mods and vehicle mods, which is another good reason to allow <category> to be a group of items instead of singular. They are also duplicated in cyberware, sadly the capacity is different between cyberware and other uses. Wish they had used one way of working with capacity.
Although they are in different files...
Fyndhal
While making an Ork sammy last night, I encountered a problem.

Before saving the file, I had 0.300 essence. After saving, I had -0.7 essence. Manually adding up the cyber/bioware I had 1.5 Cyber and 4.2 Bio for a total of 5.7 essence worth. I've no idea where the phantom -1 essence came from.

Here's the file: OrkSamTest.zip
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Fyndhal @ Jun 8 2011, 09:34 AM) *

Before saving the file, I had 0.300 essence. After saving, I had -0.7 essence. Manually adding up the cyber/bioware I had 1.5 Cyber and 4.2 Bio for a total of 5.7 essence worth. I've no idea where the phantom -1 essence came from.

When I get home tonight, I'll upload the file someplace you can DL it, if it will help debug the issue.

Hmm, phantom essence loss... I wonder if that's related to phantom limb loss?
Nebular
QUOTE (Fyndhal @ Jun 8 2011, 08:34 AM) *

Here's the file: OrkSamTest.zip

I can't seem to figure out why it would have made the jump from .3 to -.7, but -.7 does appear to be the correct number. I re-created the character and added all of his Qualities and Cyberware/Bioware to see if I could get the same number, and -.7 is what I came up with. All of the 'ware is Standard Grade and there are no Qualities that affect Cyberware/Bioware Essence cost, and there aren't any Improvements in the save file that would cause this sort of issue. I can get it to .32 by changing all of the grades to Alphaware though, but I don't see any reason for it rolling all of the 'ware back to Standard on loading, and it seems to be working properly for me. I'm at a loss as to what else might have happened. question.gif

I have, however, found a few other quirks with Bioware not showing its Rating after loading a save file, and the Metatype field not being populated any more, but those are un-related issues.
Fyndhal
Wacky. Thanks for looking into it. I recreated the character from scratch, and that version is properly showing the 0.3 Essence. I blame it on Sunspots.

CODE
Cyberware
Wired Reflexes 2                   3.0
Total (Halved)                     1.5

Bioware
Bone Density Aug 4                 1.2
Muscle Aug 2                       0.4
Muscle Toner 2                     0.4
Orthoskin 2                        0.5
Suprathyroid Gland                 0.7
Damage Comp 4                      0.4
Reakt                              0.4
Gene Opt: REA                      0.2
Biotattoos                         0.0
Total (Normal)                     4.2
Combined Total                     5.7

Remaining Essence                  0.3
McDougle
Asking again, cause u didn´t seem to notice it in the other post:

Will u include group-contacts in future upgrades(HOPES... i tend to always get a group-contact for a new char)?

rollin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 9 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Asking again, cause u didn´t seem to notice it in the other post:

Will u include group-contacts in future upgrades(HOPES... i tend to always get a group-contact for a new char)?

rollin.gif

Sorry, I know I saw it, but didn't seem to add it to my list. I'll look into this. smile.gif
McDougle
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 9 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Sorry, I know I saw it, but didn't seem to add it to my list. I'll look into this. smile.gif

I LOVE u for being so active!

Both in the forum AND with the programming. love.gif

EDIT:
Please also include the option to use the optional rule with free Contactpoints(based on char*3 iirc)! lick.gif
Nebular
While flipping through Runner's Companion I found that I hadn't created saves for any of the contacts listed in the Advanced Contacts section. I've updated the NPCSaves.zip file to include these NPCs.
SpellBinder
Found that the Impaired Attribute metagenetic quality is impacting the augmented maximum too much. Now I know in RC it says that the augmented maximum is reduced by the appropriate amount, but then it would mean that the Exceptional Attribute quality (in the core book) should increase the augmented maximum more than it does, which it doesn't.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 10 2011, 01:35 AM) *
Found that the Impaired Attribute metagenetic quality is impacting the augmented maximum too much. Now I know in RC it says that the augmented maximum is reduced by the appropriate amount, but then it would mean that the Exceptional Attribute quality (in the core book) should increase the augmented maximum more than it does, which it doesn't.

After reading the text of this quality to me "appropriate amount" means that you only recalculate the augmented maximum.
Having it recalculate the maximum and then also decrease it by one is a double whammy. I can't see how they meant for it to work that way.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 10 2011, 07:55 AM) *
After reading the text of this quality to me "appropriate amount" means that you only recalculate the augmented maximum.
Having it recalculate the maximum and then also decrease it by one is a double whammy. I can't see how they meant for it to work that way.

SpellBinder's right. For a Human, BOD is 1/6(9). When that Human takes Impaired Attribute (BOD), it becomes 1/5(6) when it should become 1/5(7). I'll have this fixed up for today's update.
Nebular
And speaking of today's update, here it is!

Build 111
  • Metavariant is once again populated
  • Bioware now shows its Rating and selected values when loading a character
  • added an option to include Karma and Nuyen Expenses on the character sheets (disabled by default)
  • Persona Limit for Nexi can now be manually set
  • added Pre-Packaged Nexi to Gear
  • corrected an issue that caused custom Commlinks to limit Firewall and System options once one of them had been added to the Commlink
  • added a Do It Yourself checkbox for Commlink Upgrades
  • Impaired Attribute Negative Quality now decreases the Augmented Maximum value by the correct amount
  • added Dissonant Echoes, Programs, and Program Options
  • removed redundant Empathy Software from the Vision Enhancement Gear category and gave Vision Sensors access to the Sensors category for plugins
  • Group Initiation/Network Submersion and Initiation Ordeals/Submersion Tasks can now be selected when creating a character
  • added support for Group Contacts
Outstanding Issues
  • Multiple Capacity Items
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012