Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (GoatMonkey @ Jan 12 2012, 12:24 AM) *
To the folks behind this thing - Wow is it awesome. wink.gif

Now, can someone tell me if this is a bug or user stupidity: When I have an initiate mage, it doesn't seem to want to save my group description. The Karma deduction handles as it should, but if I actually put any notes in the note section of the initiation tab, they're not there the next time I open the file.

eek.gif Wow, I have no idea how I completely missed this. The Group name and Notes fields have been there for so long and apparently they don't bother to save their text anywhere. I'll have this fixed in the next update!
McDougle
Reakt should apply a +2 modifier on "Dodge". smile.gif
McDougle
Concealed Armor does only go up rating 10, not 20. cool.gif

*just had a 10-minute discussion cause I wanted rating20... and then the max was 10, not 20 all of a sudden(somebody looked it up) xD*
GoatMonkey
Not sure if this is a one time glitch or if anyone else has had this problem..... When I attempted to use the update function to go from build 277 to 280, it claimed to work properly, but when I hit the restart button it just closed the program. I tried to bring it back up, and my computer now insisted that the file was not an exe file.

Uninstalling and reinstalling from the website worked just fine.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jan 13 2012, 11:41 AM) *
Reakt should apply a +2 modifier on "Dodge". smile.gif

The bonus only applies to Reaction Tests for characters to defend themselves, not all Reaction-related Tests. Since it's a conditional modifier, it's not applied in the app.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jan 13 2012, 12:15 PM) *
Concealed Armor does only go up rating 10, not 20. cool.gif

*just had a 10-minute discussion cause I wanted rating20... and then the max was 10, not 20 all of a sudden(somebody looked it up) xD*

Vehicles file has been updated to correct this.
Nebular
QUOTE (GoatMonkey @ Jan 13 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Not sure if this is a one time glitch or if anyone else has had this problem..... When I attempted to use the update function to go from build 277 to 280, it claimed to work properly, but when I hit the restart button it just closed the program. I tried to bring it back up, and my computer now insisted that the file was not an exe file.

Uninstalling and reinstalling from the website worked just fine.

I've seen that happen once or twice over the year now. Not sure why that happens. I'll see if I can put some sort of check for that if it's possible. At least it can be easily fixed by replacing the executable file by either downloading just the EXE or replacing it with the one in the zip file.
BigMrE
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 13 2012, 05:21 PM) *
I've seen that happen once or twice over the year now. Not sure why that happens. I'll see if I can put some sort of check for that if it's possible. At least it can be easily fixed by replacing the executable file by either downloading just the EXE or replacing it with the one in the zip file.

I've noticed that it happens if you miss a language update...
McDougle
Thanks for the armor correction. smile.gif

The active-skill "Dodge" isnīt used for anything else except "defending yourself" though... so I donīt understand, why Chummer wonīt apply the modifier.
Is it coding-related?
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jan 13 2012, 04:33 PM) *
Thanks for the armor correction. smile.gif

The active-skill "Dodge" isnīt used for anything else except "defending yourself" though... so I donīt understand, why Chummer wonīt apply the modifier.
Is it coding-related?

Dodge is not exclusively for defending yourself in the combat sense that it's referring to. Running through traffic may require Dodge rolls and would not be considered defending yourself. There are also other ways you can defend yourself than with Dodge.
Nebular
Build 283
  • Options window now resizes to fit the widest string in the window for the current language
  • Group Name and Notes on the Initiation tab are now properly saved and loaded
  • application no longer throws an error if it cannot find a string because of an out-of-date language file and instead displays the ID of the string it is looking for
  • progress bars in the Update window re-appear when it attempts to re-download failed files
  • Update process now verifies that an executable update it has just downloaded is valid and will re-attempt failures, leaving the original file in place to prevent the application from becoming unusable
McDougle
Uhm... the last update just broke my chummer... windows claims itīs no "win32"-app anymore... :/
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jan 13 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Uhm... the last update just broke my chummer... windows claims itīs no "win32"-app anymore... :/

That's weird. Wonder if it was still trying to upload when you grabbed it. You should be able to just replace the executable file with the one here: http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/Chummer.exe, which is the same one that the update process grabs.
McDougle
Ah... just made the mistake and took the "chummer.exe.old"... and now its updating... and updating... and updating. nyahnyah.gif

Didnīt even know that an update was possible, when the update was in progress... bad luck I guess. smile.gif
McDougle
Still updating... wtf? xD
Nebular
Oh hell! I think I know what I did! One sec!
McDougle
Alright... I interrupted the update... it took ages... and no end in sight. xD
Nebular
Ok, download the executable from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/Chummer.exe and replace your current copy with it. I was a bonehead and left one line of code in for testing that is causing the problem. (or you can just start the app again and let it re-download stuff one last time for kicks)
McDougle
Finally working again. biggrin.gif

But.. after some Qualities Chummer shows: *Quality*(String_Attribute*Qualityname*)
Nebular
Grr. It is just not my night it seems. While the change I made to the Language Manager works around the missing UI string issue, it instead breaks some of the translation support for data. I've undone that change and updated the app again. nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Is it me or is the pending changes asterisk always present now (even when there are no changes pending)?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Jan 15 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Is it me or is the pending changes asterisk always present now (even when there are no changes pending)?

Yeah, it's becoming pretty inaccurate. It currently uses a very lazy method that worked fine when the code was much simpler. Now that everything is so inter-connected, it doesn't accurately reflect when changes have been made. I'll go through and try to clean some of this up so it at least doesn't think you've made a change just by clicking on a tab. smile.gif
GoatMonkey
•Group Name and Notes on the Initiation tab are now properly saved and loaded

Yea! So happy. Remind me to add you to my "Give Large Sums of Money" list for when I win the lottery. grinbig.gif

deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 15 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Yeah, it's becoming pretty inaccurate. It currently uses a very lazy method that worked fine when the code was much simpler. Now that everything is so inter-connected, it doesn't accurately reflect when changes have been made. I'll go through and try to clean some of this up so it at least doesn't think you've made a change just by clicking on a tab. smile.gif

I think it now even marks it when you open up a save file nyahnyah.gif
taeksosin
Hey Nebular,

I had a quick question. I recently saw Udoshi's alternate technomancer houseruley stuff and like a lot of it. One of the real nifty changes was changing the cost of complex forms to 2 karma per level as opposed to karma = new level. I was curious if that is something that could be changed by a custom XML file? I'd like to see all of Udoshi's stuff in chummer as optional/house rules, but that's the big one for me. Looking at the karma cost options in chummer, it doesn't really seem like it'd be possible to change it within there. Also, while being a pain, would it be possible to utilize a custom xml file to do easy/simple stat increases for different races? What I mean by this is a Ork starts with 4 Bod and 3 Str. To increase their Bod costs the amount to increase the stat to 5. I'd like to see it cost raising it to 2 instead (since, technically, it's at a 1 for an orc).
ShadowWalker
When you create a new character and select ignore character creation rules the sorcery and tasking skill groups are greyed out as are the individual skills.
I figure if your going to ignore the creation rules they shouldn't be, but that's just me. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jan 15 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Hey Nebular,

I had a quick question. I recently saw Udoshi's alternate technomancer houseruley stuff and like a lot of it. One of the real nifty changes was changing the cost of complex forms to 2 karma per level as opposed to karma = new level. I was curious if that is something that could be changed by a custom XML file? I'd like to see all of Udoshi's stuff in chummer as optional/house rules, but that's the big one for me. Looking at the karma cost options in chummer, it doesn't really seem like it'd be possible to change it within there. Also, while being a pain, would it be possible to utilize a custom xml file to do easy/simple stat increases for different races? What I mean by this is a Ork starts with 4 Bod and 3 Str. To increase their Bod costs the amount to increase the stat to 5. I'd like to see it cost raising it to 2 instead (since, technically, it's at a 1 for an orc).

Personally I'd like to see all of the BP costs and karma costs put in xml, along with any calculated stuff, such as (Intuition+Logic*3) and stuff like that.
As for the changes to races you can create a custom file and put in any race you want, or you can do an override file and put it there with it replacing the original race.
taeksosin
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 15 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Personally I'd like to see all of the BP costs and karma costs put in xml, along with any calculated stuff, such as (Intuition+Logic*3) and stuff like that.
As for the changes to races you can create a custom file and put in any race you want, or you can do an override file and put it there with it replacing the original race.

This please, it if's at all possible Nebular? THAT would be awesome.
Nebular
I do want to include support for changing the BP of most things, but that's a fair bit of work. It's on my list, I just need to get around to it. smile.gif The only thing it won't cover is changing the BP cost for Qualities. Those would need to be done manually by creating a Quality Override XML file where you set the desired BP.
Nebular
Build 289
  • added support for <selectrestricted /> to the Improvement Manager which lets the character pick from a list of Restricted items they have or enter their own value (used for Fake Licenses)
  • improved the way in which unsaved changes to characters are detected
  • Power Point cost for Adept Powers are no longer rounded to 2 decimal places to ensure Adepts are not being cheated out of Power Points when using discounts
  • added support for a weekly calendar to track weekly Tests, runs, when rent is due, etc.
  • fixed an issue where adding Commlink Upgrades or Commlink Operating System Upgrades directly to the character's or a Vehicle's Gear instead of as a plugin would cause the save file to become unusable
  • adding Improved Sensor Array Vehicle Mod to a Vehicle now automatically adjusts the current Sensor to the appropriate size
  • Vehicles and Drones now have their Armor Ratings limited as per AR 132 unless Ignore Rules is turned on
  • adding Cyberware plugins to a Vehicle Mod no longer causes an error to be thrown when attempting to print
  • Specialization list for non-Exotic Active Skills is now disabled if the Skill is part of a Skill Group or its Rating is 0
New Strings
  • Tab_Calendar
  • Button_AddWeek
  • Button_EditWeek
  • String_WeekDisplay
  • Title_CalendarStart
  • Label_CalendarStart
  • Label_Year
  • Label_Month
  • Label_Week
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 18 2012, 05:27 PM) *
I do want to include support for changing the BP of most things, but that's a fair bit of work. It's on my list, I just need to get around to it. smile.gif The only thing it won't cover is changing the BP cost for Qualities. Those would need to be done manually by creating a Quality Override XML file where you set the desired BP.

Awesome!!!
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 18 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Build 289
  • Power Point cost for Adept Powers are no longer rounded to 2 decimal places to ensure Adepts are not being cheated out of Power Points when using discounts

What does it do instead? No rounding at all?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 18 2012, 06:24 PM) *
What does it do instead? No rounding at all?

That's right. The problem was if you had a Power that cost .25 points/level and discounted it with a Geas or Way, the previous build would round the cost to 0.19 instead of 0.1875. It's a fairly small difference but it does add up over larger amounts. If you had 6 Power Points and took only Powers that cost .25/level and applied one of the 25% cost discounts, the previous method (rounding to 0.19) would let you take 31.57 Ratings of Powers, whereas with the new way of doing it (using 0.1875), you get a full 32 Ratings of Powers. Since you can't have .5 of a Rating, this keeps you from being mathematically cheated out of one extra Rating in a Power. It is mathematically the same as the recommended method of handling Power discounts where you calculate the total value using the unmodified Power Point cost * Rating, then apply the discount. I'm just applying the discount to the base cost instead to make things nice and clear and show you exactly what it's costing per Rating.
Tashiro
I'm curious - where would I find spell quickens? We've a few people who have augmented attributes through spell quickens, and nowhere to note this down.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 18 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I'm curious - where would I find spell quickens? We've a few people who have augmented attributes through spell quickens, and nowhere to note this down.

You'd need to go to the Karma tab and click the Karma Spent button. Just enter the amount of Karma the character must spend to quicken the Spell and enter the description, such as "Quickend Spell X" and you're set. It's there to cover the wide range of weird situations where additional Karma expenditures are required such as this. smile.gif
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 18 2012, 11:46 PM) *
You'd need to go to the Karma tab and click the Karma Spent button. Just enter the amount of Karma the character must spend to quicken the Spell and enter the description, such as "Quickend Spell X" and you're set. It's there to cover the wide range of weird situations where additional Karma expenditures are required such as this. smile.gif

And how does this handle the increase in attribute?
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 19 2012, 01:27 AM) *
And how does this handle the increase in attribute?

I'm not following... Quickened Spells don't increase an Attribute. Or are you asking how does the application handle the Karma costs of increasing an Attribute as part of character improvement?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 19 2012, 08:52 AM) *
I'm not following... Quickened Spells don't increase an Attribute. Or are you asking how does the application handle the Karma costs of increasing an Attribute as part of character improvement?

I think he's talking about quicken a spell that increases an attribute. How do you get that to show up on the character sheet?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 19 2012, 10:25 AM) *
I think he's talking about quicken a spell that increases an attribute. How do you get that to show up on the character sheet?

Ah, if that's the case, then this is one of those times where the bonus doesn't appear since it's conditional (ie. you only have it when under the Spell's effect). This is something that would be handled once I figure out how to include support for creating your own Improvements and toggling them on and off. It would also cover various other situational modifiers like turning Adept Powers on and off, being affected by another character's Spell, etc. It's planned, but allowing players to go mucking about with one of the core components that drives the entire application is just a bit of a challenge. wink.gif Getting the Improvements in there is actually a snap, it's providing a window that lets you actually build them easily that's the big problem since there are so many possibilities.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 19 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Ah, if that's the case, then this is one of those times where the bonus doesn't appear since it's conditional (ie. you only have it when under the Spell's effect). This is something that would be handled once I figure out how to include support for creating your own Improvements and toggling them on and off. It would also cover various other situational modifiers like turning Adept Powers on and off, being affected by another character's Spell, etc. It's planned, but allowing players to go mucking about with one of the core components that drives the entire application is just a bit of a challenge. wink.gif Getting the Improvements in there is actually a snap, it's providing a window that lets you actually build them easily that's the big problem since there are so many possibilities.

you could do something similar to armour and have a check box that says, include, or in effect.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 19 2012, 11:12 AM) *
you could do something similar to armour and have a check box that says, include, or in effect.

That's the easy part (and Improvements code itself has supported that for a while now in preparation for eventually doing it). It's the showing the list of the 72 different Improvement types, providing space to enter a value when it's needed and making sure that you've entered something acceptable that's the bulk of the challenge. Some don't accept values which is easy. Some require only 1, some require 1 of X, and some require X of Y. Some instead require an attribute. I basically need to convert the Improvements Wiki page into a single window that people can make sense of. wobble.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 18 2012, 11:30 PM) *
[*]adding Improved Sensor Array Vehicle Mod to a Vehicle now automatically adjusts the current Sensor to the appropriate size

Much appreciated smile.gif

I have to follow it up with the next vehicle problem right away, though: The printout XML does not contain a vehicle's Matrix stats, would be nice if we got the same tags there as for commlinks.

(Once that is implemented you might also want to put the stats or at least Device Rating on the standard char sheets, I'm sure people would find it helpful)
McDougle
I like the calender feature! smile.gif

It would be useful to be able to delete an entry though... I just made a test entry and canīt delete it...
McDougle
Oh, and a seperator between skill groups and active skills would be great!
(maybe that way people with lower resolution screens can display two rows of active skills side by side)
Nebular
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 19 2012, 11:35 AM) *
That's the easy part (and Improvements code itself has supported that for a while now in preparation for eventually doing it). It's the showing the list of the 72 different Improvement types, providing space to enter a value when it's needed and making sure that you've entered something acceptable that's the bulk of the challenge. Some don't accept values which is easy. Some require only 1, some require 1 of X, and some require X of Y. Some instead require an attribute. I basically need to convert the Improvements Wiki page into a single window that people can make sense of. wobble.gif

Ended up figuring it all out last night and it will be part of the next update (hopefully this evening). You can see the Creating Custom Improvements page on the Chummer Wiki for an idea as to how it'll work.

This is only available in Career Mode. Only a certain subset of the possible Improvements will be available since some only apply to character creation, some are keyed to or are only relevant to certain Qualities/items, and some just shouldn't be poked at in general. smile.gif

Here's what you will be allowed to create Custom Improvements for (46 items in all):
  • Armor, Ballistic
  • Armor, Impact
  • Armor Encumbrance Penalty
  • Attributes
  • Basic Bioware Essence Cost
  • Bioware Essence Cost
  • Composure
  • Concealability
  • Condition Monitor, Physical
  • Condition Monitor, Stun
  • Condition Monitor, Threshold
  • Condition Monitor, Threshold Offset
  • Cyberware Essence Cost
  • Damage Resistance
  • Drain Resistance
  • Fading Resistance
  • Fly Percent
  • Fly Speed
  • Genetech Cost
  • Initiative
  • Initiative Passes
  • Judge Intentions
  • Lifestyle Cost
  • Lift and Carry
  • Living Persona, Biofeedback Filter
  • Living Persona, Firewall
  • Living Persona, Response
  • Living Persona, Signal
  • Living Persona, System
  • Matrix Initiative
  • Matrix Initiative Passes
  • Memory
  • Movement Percent
  • Power Points, Adept
  • Power Points, Free Spirit
  • Reach
  • Skills
  • Skills in Category
  • Skills in Group
  • Skills linked to Attribute
  • Swim Percent
  • Transgenics Cost
  • Unarmed AP
  • Unarmed DV
  • Unarmed DV Physical
  • Weapon Category DV
Each item will have help text that describes what it does and how values affect it. Both the names and help text will support translations through the [language]_data.xml file in the same way as the other data files. <translate> will translate the item name, <altpage> will translate the help text.

The XML file that drives this will not include support for Custom or Override files (the application actively ignores them).
Tashiro
Let me be the first to say, 'you're awesome'. smile.gif
I'm curious - how will this work in Chummer? Do you have to go edit the file, or will this be a button or something attached to the trait which can be modified?
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 20 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Let me be the first to say, 'you're awesome'. smile.gif
I'm curious - how will this work in Chummer? Do you have to go edit the file, or will this be a button or something attached to the trait which can be modified?

There will be a separate Improvements tab where you can create all of the Custom Improvements you need. Click the button, select an option and the modifier number and off you go! You can give them a meaningful name to make them easy to identify and toggle them on and off as needed.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 20 2012, 03:07 PM) *
There will be a separate Improvements tab where you can create all of the Custom Improvements you need. Click the button, select an option and the modifier number and off you go! You can give them a meaningful name to make them easy to identify and toggle them on and off as needed.

Brilliant. smile.gif
deurk
Sounds wonderful Nebular!
Thanks for your efforts.
Nebular
Build 291
  • buttons on the Calendar tab now reposition themselves based on string lengths
  • Note tooltips now show the item's Notes, removing the need to open the window to read them
  • added an Improvements tab (see below)
New Strings
  • Button_AddImproevment
  • Title_SelectSkillCategory
  • Title_CreateImprovement
  • Label_ImprovementType
  • Label_CreateImprovementValue
  • Label_CreateImprovementMinimum
  • Label_CreateImprovementMaximum
  • Label_CreateImprovementAugmented
  • Label_CreateImprovementSelectedValue
  • Button_ChangeSelection
  • Message_SelectItem
  • MessageTitle_SelectItem
  • Message_ImprovementName
  • MessageTitle_ImprovementName
  • Checkbox_Active
  • Message_DeleteImprovement
  • Tip_Improvement_EditNotes
Improvements Tab

The Improvements tab allows players to create Custom Improvements to their character that can be turned on and off as needed. This finally adds support for conditional/situational modifiers! For example, if your character has the Attribute Boost (STR) Adept Power at Rating 3, you can now create a Custom Improvement that will allow you to boost your STR when the Power is active, then set it back when you've deactivated it. See the Creating Custom Improvements page on the Chummer Wiki for more information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012