Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 06:50 AM) *
I haten't checked my phsical copy yet, but Rating 3 is listed as 4 in the PDF.

Dang. So there's even more errata? The link I posted details the bow and airburst link errata, so I figured it took care of all the errata.
Nebular
Nope. There is no actual errata for SR4A (though it clearly needs it). The conversion guide is just that. There are discrepancies between SR4, the conversion guide, the PDF SR4A, and physical SR4A. I sent another quick message to Jason as a follow-up to see whether the correct number is 4 or 4.5. Hopefully I have an official answer soon. smile.gif
Akhet
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 26 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Regarding the Mystic Adept topic, I was unaware there was a FAQ on this subject (not that I would have even looked at it anyway). I had always taken that the power invested in Magic for a Mystic Adept was like their Magic attribute for spellcasting and such (note that Counterspelling actually doesn't tie into Magic, but Body or Willpower depending on the type of spell being resisted), and what was invested in Adept powers was magic unavailable as it was fueling said Adept powers. To me, a Mystic Adept being able to invest all Magic into Adept powers and still being able to cast a spell with a DP based on their skill alone (assuming no foci are being used) crosses the line into munchkinry. Regardless, in games I run I'm still going to do it this way (Magic invested in Mana based skills limits the force of spells/spirits).

I can see your point, but I do have one counter point:

A 0 Magician 6 adept mystic adept, if they're going to overcast a force 10 spell, is getting 0 dice to add to their Spellcasting roll, assuming no foci or mentor spirits or whatever; that's a dicepool of 6 to try and get a net hit of 10 successes. The're slightly more likely to get a force 3 spell off the ground, and even then that's unreliable. When you add in foci and mentor spirits and what have you, you get a better dice pool, to be sure, but still no where near what a "true" magician can get. Not to mention I don't think any GM should allow anyone to take a 0/6 mystic adept.

That's just my 2 nuyen.gif on the matter, as that's the way the GM of the game I'm in handles it, ultimately it doesn't really matter at this point. It'd be better to get everything working before additional things get added like optional rules. It's no great hassle to notate it our own game's way (There's even already a handy Notes section in the character generator).
Nebular
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 26 2011, 11:52 PM) *
Found one! The Thunderstruck gauss rifle from Arsenal is actually half-4 AP. I think Glyph was the one that pointed this errata out to me. Maybe you'll find some other helful updates here.

http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploa..._errata_132.pdf

This one is going to stay as it is since you can still technically add ammo that would reduce the AP even further.
ShadowWalker
The vehicle mod Modular Electronics is missing.
It can be found in the SR4A changes pdf found here

Having it installed allows for the ability to increase the Response and Signal by more than two.

There should be mods for increasing Response and Signal ratings, like the upgrades for comlinks.
Nebular
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 21 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Unwired 36: Chatty should be 5 BP, it is 10 right now.

While this is what's printed, it is incorrect. The errata says it should be 10 BP. I'm putting this back in the next update.
Akhet
A quick one:

Metagenic quality Vomeronasal Organ is listed at 10 BP in the book (RC 116), but the generator only charges 5 BP.
ShadowWalker
Should include Firewall for upgrading as well as Response and Signal on vehicles.

Strange that War! did not include Pilot programs past 6.
ShadowWalker
When in Career Mode if I buy an item with the Free! check box check and then save the file, it will open with it no longer being free.
The Free part is gone and the item now costs the full price. It now shows up on the nuyen log as full price, and it looks like the price was taken out of nuyen left over.

I was going to see if I could manually edit the character file back to to the way it was before I bought the item, but it's not easy to read.
No formatting, lots of what looks like guids.

Which makes me think. Having a way to back track a purchase, either karma or nuyen would be nice to have. This way errors can be fixed.
ShadowWalker
An idea for Latent Qualities.

When a Latent Quality selected have a button on the Character Info tab of the Career Mode show up, "Activate Latent Quality".
When clicked it would activate the latent quality and allow access to the full version of the appropriate quality.
Karma would need to be paid based on the difference in cost of the qualities in question. This could put the character into negative karma.

If Latent Awakening is selected then the character would need to select Magician, Adept or Mystic Adept.
Nebular
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 08:59 AM) *
Nope. There is no actual errata for SR4A (though it clearly needs it). The conversion guide is just that. There are discrepancies between SR4, the conversion guide, the PDF SR4A, and physical SR4A. I sent another quick message to Jason as a follow-up to see whether the correct number is 4 or 4.5. Hopefully I have an official answer soon. smile.gif

Physical book lists Improved Reflexes 3 as costing 4 Power Points, so 4 is what I'm going to be putting in the file.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 03:03 PM) *
When in Career Mode if I buy an item with the Free! check box check and then save the file, it will open with it no longer being free.
The Free part is gone and the item now costs the full price. It now shows up on the nuyen log as full price, and it looks like the price was taken out of nuyen left over.

I was going to see if I could manually edit the character file back to to the way it was before I bought the item, but it's not easy to read.
No formatting, lots of what looks like guids.

Which makes me think. Having a way to back track a purchase, either karma or nuyen would be nice to have. This way errors can be fixed.

I can't seem to reproduce this. What exact are you buying that creates this error?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 04:03 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this. What exact are you buying that creates this error?

I bought a Delta Grade Math SPU.
I'll have to recreate the character didn't think at the time of keeping extra copies before saving. Which I'm going to do from now on.
Nebular
Found the problem. Fixed in next update.
ShadowWalker
So this worked last night, but now for some reason while I am re-entering the character it's not.
The character has Genetic Heritage, and when I try to enter Genetic Optimization it shows the Free! check box, but when I select free it still charges me 36k.

I was sure this was working last night. So I've no clue why it's doing this now.
Crazy Ivan
Have to say, Thanks! I love this generator.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 04:31 PM) *
So this worked last night, but now for some reason while I am re-entering the character it's not.
The character has Genetic Heritage, and when I try to enter Genetic Optimization it shows the Free! check box, but when I select free it still charges me 36k.

I was sure this was working last night. So I've no clue why it's doing this now.

You're in Career Mode I presume. I came across this one while looking at your other Free bug. Fixed in next update.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 04:51 PM) *
You're in Career Mode I presume. I came across this one while looking at your other Free bug. Fixed in next update.

In this case no, it's build mode.
The free item from Genetic Heritage is only available at character creation, since it was done invetro. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 04:52 PM) *
In this case no, it's build mode.
The free item from Genetic Heritage is only available at character creation, since it was done invetro. smile.gif

Yay! This was fixed by fixing the other issue, so there! nyahnyah.gif
ShadowWalker
When you first enter Career Mode it puts an entry for starting nuyen in the nuyen log, but it seems to always be zero.
Nebular
Seems to be working to me. Do you have a Lifestyle that provides starting Nuyen and are you entering a number for the dice total rolled?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Seems to be working to me. Do you have a Lifestyle that provides starting Nuyen and are you entering a number for the dice total rolled?

I've got a high lifestyle, says 4d6x500. When I change this character to career I'll check it again. But I know last time I did it, I got zero for starting cash.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 27 2011, 02:07 AM) *
Found a few issues with Echos. One is that there's no apparent limit on how many can be selected during character creation once the first grade submersion is done (unsure if "Ignore Creation Rules" has anything to do with this). It's an optional rule outlined in Unwired, page 145, where a TM can learn additional echos limited to Resonance + Submersion grade and at 15 karma each. Also found the IPs earned from Overclocking and Advanced Overclocking didn't get deducted when the echos were removed.

I can't seem to reproduce the Overclocking/Advanced Overclocking issue. Is this still happening? If so, could you email me the save file so I can take a look at it?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 05:07 PM) *
I've got a high lifestyle, says 4d6x500. When I change this character to career I'll check it again. But I know last time I did it, I got zero for starting cash.

okay, so saved the character in another file in career mode and got zero nuyen for starting cash.
Two things to note the character had 185 nuyen left over, and I checked "Ignore Character Creation Rules".
I'm thinking that maybe the starting cash gets ignored...
Nebular
Bunch of data fixes and some of the more critical updates.

Build 98
  • put Improved Reflexes Adept Power costs to their SR4A values which have been confirmed as being the correct values by the SR product line manager
  • applied Street Magic errata to Traditions
  • applied Arsenal errata to Martial Arts
  • removed Deformity Qualities (10 BP
  • 20 BP) which should not have existed
  • corrected duplicate categories of Weapons (should have been their range instead of a duplicate category)
  • corrected reach for Rock Lizard
  • added Elemental Attack (Fire) for Scintillant Albatross
  • added Biomonitor to Armor Mods
  • removed Agent and IC Complex Forms
  • changed Chatty Positive Quality BP cost back to 10 as per Unwired errata
  • corrected BP cost of Vomeronasal Organ
  • Weapons installed on Weapon Mounts that are a part of a Vehicle's base configuration now count towards its total cost
  • Technomancer Stream field is properly populated after loading a character
  • learning a new Complex Form in Career Mode now creates a Karma Expense
  • Karma and Nuyen Expense Entries no longer throw an error when the computer's date setting are not set to en-US
  • selecting a piece of Cyberware/Bioware as Free in Career Mode is now actually free
  • fixed the anchoring for the splitter panels on the Skills tab in Career Mode
  • Ignore Character Rules no longer prevents the Starting Nuyen window from appearing when moving a character to Career Mode
  • saving a new character that is marked to move to Career Mode no longer causes the character to be opened twice after saving
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 04:09 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce the Overclocking/Advanced Overclocking issue. Is this still happening? If so, could you email me the save file so I can take a look at it?

If I knew it, sure.
Nebular
Whoops. nebular@shaw.ca
SpellBinder
Sent.
fazzamar
When opening a character that has been saved in Career mode through command line (I have Chummer associated with .chum files, so double clicking opens them) it shows the character in Creation Mode.
When you have a custom lifestyle only and switch from Creation to Career mode, the starting money pop-up has "Result of 0D6: ( <NumericUpDown> ) + 0) x 0 = 0".
Nebular
Argh! Can't believe I forgot to update the opening via command line check. This and the custom only lifestyles thing will be fixed in the next update.
ShadowWalker
When changing to career mode a check should be done to ensure that a tradition or stream has been selected. I forgot to do that for stream and it let it go, so I couldn't select it later.
Latent Technomancers or Latent Awakened would choose their stream when it becomes active and Wild Technomancers would be only allowed to choose a stream once the Negative Quality is bought off.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 06:59 AM) *

Well, it is at least a partial errata, since it also contains changes from SR4A to SR4A. For example, tha bow and airburst (examples of changes within SR4A), as mentioned. smile.gif
redwulf25
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 06:12 PM) *
okay, so saved the character in another file in career mode and got zero nuyen for starting cash.
Two things to note the character had 185 nuyen left over, and I checked "Ignore Character Creation Rules".
I'm thinking that maybe the starting cash gets ignored...

Money that's left over from character creation isn't starting cash, it's lost.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 27 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Money that's left over from character creation isn't starting cash, it's lost.

Yes, I know this, I was mentioning it just in case it might have been what was causing the problem of not getting any money at all.
As it's turns out it sounds like it was neither of these things that was causing the problem.
redwulf25
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 27 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Yes, I know this, I was mentioning it just in case it might have been what was causing the problem of not getting any money at all.
As it's turns out it sounds like it was neither of these things that was causing the problem.

Sorry, read that wrong.
Wizard_Thoarin
technically, not all left over resources is lost when converting to career mode or it shouldn't be. If I remember correctly, for every 50 nuyen left over you get a +1 to the die roll for starting money. I'll have to double check what the limit is but I think it was based on the number of dice you got to roll which was based on the lifestyle you purchased. But, if you had a lot of left over resources and didn't spend them before switching to career mode then most of it is lost.
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 27 2011, 02:35 AM) *
As far as I understand, this is correct based on RAW. Defaulting says that the only thing you get is the linked Attribute - 1. At least that's how it reads to me.

Hmm, the description for synthacardium (sr4a 346) states that the bonus applies to all athletics tests.

Synthacardium basically amps up physical performance by making a character's heart beat faster/better. Can't really see how the heart would only beat faster/better if the character was trained in that particular activity. Example: With synthacardium, i should be able to do a 100 yard dash faster than my genetic twin given the same training/fitness level (lets assume none). If my twin has the running skill equal to my synthacardium rating, we should finish with the same time. But without the running skill (defaulting), i should still get the bonus from synthacardium when we race. If i had both synthacardium and training, i'd be that much faster.
SpellBinder
Different subject here, but in the process of expanding my vehicles file for all of the variants I found one with a misspelled name. The "Hawker-Ridley" is spelled "Hawker-Siddley" in the XML file.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 27 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Different subject here, but in the process of expanding my vehicles file for all of the variants I found one with a misspelled name. The "Hawker-Ridley" is spelled "Hawker-Siddley" in the XML file.

The spelling in the XML file is correct. This was corrected in the Arsenal errata. (linked because finding it on their site is a pain in the butt smile.gif)
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 27 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Hmm, the description for synthacardium (sr4a 346) states that the bonus applies to all athletics tests.

Synthacardium basically amps up physical performance by making a character's heart beat faster/better. Can't really see how the heart would only beat faster/better if the character was trained in that particular activity. Example: With synthacardium, i should be able to do a 100 yard dash faster than my genetic twin given the same training/fitness level (lets assume none). If my twin has the running skill equal to my synthacardium rating, we should finish with the same time. But without the running skill (defaulting), i should still get the bonus from synthacardium when we race. If i had both synthacardium and training, i'd be that much faster.

I agree. It seems silly that something like that wouldn't affect it and it makes sense to me that it should be done that way. The rules just phrase things in a way that makes it sound as though it behaves differently. I'll make this an option with the app.
Nebular
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ May 27 2011, 09:23 PM) *
technically, not all left over resources is lost when converting to career mode or it shouldn't be. If I remember correctly, for every 50 nuyen left over you get a +1 to the die roll for starting money. I'll have to double check what the limit is but I think it was based on the number of dice you got to roll which was based on the lifestyle you purchased. But, if you had a lot of left over resources and didn't spend them before switching to career mode then most of it is lost.

Yup. Chummer takes all of this into consideration when you move your character from Create to Career Mode. The issue ShadowWalker was having was because Ignore Rules was turned on. As soon as the rule validation code (which includes asking for starting Nuyen) saw Ignore Rules it stopped doing everything since the flag forces the application to believe everything is correct. The last update solved this little flaw in my logic. smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 12:30 AM) *
The spelling in the XML file is correct. This was corrected in the Arsenal errata. (linked because finding it on their site is a pain in the butt smile.gif)

Had that file for quite a while now. And makes me wonder why the name change, like did someone file a lawsuit against Catalyst because of a single word? Oh well, people have done dumber things for dumber reasons.
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 06:34 AM) *
I agree. It seems silly that something like that wouldn't affect it and it makes sense to me that it should be done that way. The rules just phrase things in a way that makes it sound as though it behaves differently. I'll make this an option with the app.

Thanks Nebular. I think you mentioned a need for errata earlier on. It would be nice to have catalyst clarify these kinds of things.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 28 2011, 01:43 AM) *
Had that file for quite a while now. And makes me wonder why the name change, like did someone file a lawsuit against Catalyst because of a single word? Oh well, people have done dumber things for dumber reasons.

Actually, Hawker Siddley is the name of a British aircraft manufacturing company. Hawker Ridley is non-existent. Since the rest of the game's vehicle manufacturers are real, I'm certain this was what they intended to begin with but someone typed it incorrectly for the book. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (fazzamar @ May 27 2011, 05:29 PM) *
When you have a custom lifestyle only and switch from Creation to Career mode, the starting money pop-up has "Result of 0D6: ( <NumericUpDown> ) + 0) x 0 = 0".

I'm wondering how to handle this... As far as I know, Advanced Lifestyles don't actually have a Starting Nuyen amount, so the Starting Nuyen window is asking for the right information as far as it knows. It does, however, seem silly to ask you for a total when you have 0 dice to roll. In that case, it should just use whatever Nuyen bonus you have and simply give it to your character since you don't need to do anything. Sound about right?
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 27 2011, 02:07 AM) *
Found a few issues with Echos. One is that there's no apparent limit on how many can be selected during character creation once the first grade submersion is done (unsure if "Ignore Creation Rules" has anything to do with this). It's an optional rule outlined in Unwired, page 145, where a TM can learn additional echos limited to Resonance + Submersion grade and at 15 karma each. Also found the IPs earned from Overclocking and Advanced Overclocking didn't get deducted when the echos were removed.

Okay, so I've found the issue with the character. Technomancers have 3 Matrix IPs to begin with. The reason why it appears that Overlocking and Advanced Overclocking weren't reducing your Matrix IPs from 5 back down to 3 is because the character's Commlink has a Hot Sim Module which adds +2 to the user's Matrix IPs, which puts it back up to 5. If you remove the Hot Sim Module, the Matrix IPs drop back down to 3. Adding and removing Overclocking and Advanced Overclocking at that point then behaves as usual. (Since Matrix IPs can never go above 5, it appears as though they don't do anything when in fact you've just hit the upper limit)
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 09:58 AM) *
I'm wondering how to handle this... As far as I know, Advanced Lifestyles don't actually have a Starting Nuyen amount, so the Starting Nuyen window is asking for the right information as far as it knows. It does, however, seem silly to ask you for a total when you have 0 dice to roll. In that case, it should just use whatever Nuyen bonus you have and simply give it to your character since you don't need to do anything. Sound about right?

Advanced lifestyles do have a level though based on the total number of points spent.
If you look on the chart on page 153 of the Runner's Companion you will find that,
0 points is Street, 5 is Squatter, 10 is Low, 15 is Middle, 20 is High and 30+ is Luxury.
So you can use that to determine how much starting cash people get.

Also if you don't select any lifestyle it should default to street. Right now if you don't put something in you get nothing for starting cash.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Okay, so I've found the issue with the character. Technomancers have 3 Matrix IPs to begin with. The reason why it appears that Overlocking and Advanced Overclocking weren't reducing your Matrix IPs from 5 back down to 3 is because the character's Commlink has a Hot Sim Module which adds +2 to the user's Matrix IPs, which puts it back up to 5. If you remove the Hot Sim Module, the Matrix IPs drop back down to 3. Adding and removing Overclocking and Advanced Overclocking at that point then behaves as usual. (Since Matrix IPs can never go above 5, it appears as though they don't do anything when in fact you've just hit the upper limit)

I would think that Technomancers wouldn't be affected by comlinks.

I'm thinking have the stats associated with each comlink and not the character.
The stats are partially based on the comlinks stats and partially based on the character.
Having the Matrix Initiative and Matrix Passes associated with the comlink allows for multiple comlinks and nexi.
whatevs
Just noticed a little trouble with FFBA. It looks like the b/a bonuses are off. Just added a heavy armored clothing (4/2) and ffba-half (4/1). It should give a total of 8/3, but is showing 12/4. The tooltip is showing the correct armor ratings, but is adding a b modifier of (4) and an i modifier of (1).

I'm not sure if it's related, but I noticed that when I originally picked the armor, it showed +4/+1 as the ratings, rather than the typical 4/1.
ShadowWalker
One of the Advantages for the Firefight martial art is missing it's </name> tag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012