Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Seriously Mike
Is there a possibility to export the character to a text file?
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 26 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Is there a possibility to export the character to a text file?

There is a character sheet print-out for "Text-Only" if you press the print button.
Chromeburner
Hi Nebular,
Thanks for all your hard work!
I have a bug to report: When opening the latest version of chummer and attempting to build an AI, or open a saved AI character it throws this error.
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.Character.get_Movement()
at Chummer.frmCreate.UpdateCharacterInfo()
at Chummer.frmCreate.MetatypeSelected()
at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.203
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.203
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rtr.EXECUTIVE/Desktop/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 26 2011, 05:26 PM) *
There is a character sheet print-out for "Text-Only" if you press the print button.

And all "Export" options are hidden under "Print" as well. Unnecessarily complicated.
Nebular
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 27 2011, 04:51 AM) *
And all "Export" options are hidden under "Print" as well. Unnecessarily complicated.

There are no real export options. You simply select a character sheet style to use to print your character. The Save as HTML button saves the selected sheet as HTML so you can generate it now and print it later, and Save as XML is only useful to someone who wants to see the generated XML so they can write their own XSL character sheets. They're all outputting your character in various character sheet formats, so this was the logical place to put 'em all.
KarmaInferno
On "piecemeal" armor, could we get an item entry for each "full suit"?

If you want individual pieces you can select them, but it'd be nice to be able to just select, say, "Berwick Dinner Jacket Ensemble" and have it added as a single entry with the combined stats of the constituent jacket, shirt, pants, etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure many of the armor mods were intended to be added "per suit" and not to individual armor pieces. This would allow you to do that.

Data file:
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks!

-k
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 27 2011, 05:51 AM) *

Not really, Export and print are really the same function. Having export and print where it is gives you the opportunity to design your print-out or export in any way you like. You could possibly come up with a better name for the section than Print, but it seems fine to me.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 27 2011, 09:47 AM) *
There are no real export options. You simply select a character sheet style to use to print your character. The Save as HTML button saves the selected sheet as HTML so you can generate it now and print it later, and Save as XML is only useful to someone who wants to see the generated XML so they can write their own XSL character sheets. They're all outputting your character in various character sheet formats, so this was the logical place to put 'em all.

For the text one, saving as HTML doesn't produce very good output, as it has HTML tags in the text. You can copy-paste the text from the print-out window of the Text one and get a good text file.
Minimax le Rouge
hello,
i can't find shuriken or throwing knife in the gear/throwing weapons. i found boomerang and nets only.

another problem : when i add YNT softwave on clothing, the YNT cost 1.1 the clothing price. I don't read the YNT avail / price in the same way. I was understanding the item price with YNT will be 1.1* the normal item price.
"All armor types are available as SoftWeave armor, which modifies the cost and Availability of the base armor".
Elfy
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 22 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Yeah, I completely forgot about things that can modify Swim speed and is something I'll have to put in. Swim speed really didn't exist before the most recent update; it was just a string that it saw in a character's Movement info and slapped it on the screen.

In addition to 'Cyberfins' (Swim Speed x 1.5, Augmentation, pg 39) and 'Functional tail--Paddle Tail' (Swim Speed x 1.5, Runner's Companion, pg 113) , there is also 'Power Swimming' (Swim Speed x 2, Digital Grimoire, pg 18). I presume they'd stack also.

I'd also love to see support for a custom quality/gear/cyberware/adept power/etc to add Flight as a movement rate (a flight pack, wings, etc) and set the rate as well the ability to add a multiplier to existing flight rate (such as a flight booster of some kind). Would allow for some interesting custom options.

In any case, thanks for all your hard work--I love this program you've created. It's really helping me out a lot =)
Elfy
I just noticed something. I don't have the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option turned on, but when I make an Adept and add cyberware that reduces the character's Essence (and thereby reduces their Magic attribute value), the Adept's Power Points don't decrease unless the loss reduces their maximum below their current Magic attribute score. Shouldn't the Power Points equal the actual Magic attribute value unless the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option is turned on?

Example, make a new Human character with the Adept Positive Quality and a Magic attribute value of 5. They have 5 Power Points at this point. Add a Bodyware/Balance Tail. Their Essence value drops to 5.5, but their Power Points remain at 5.

Now add Bodyware/Bonelacing (Aluminium). Their Essence value drops to 4.5 and the Power Points drop down to 4.

Edit: Actually, it forces my Magic attribute value down to 4 also. Is the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option always turned on even when it's not checked?
Elfy
Question: How would I 'plug-in' my selected Commlink into my internal cyberware Commlink? The book says the internal cyberware Commlink's cost is 2,000 + the cost of the selected brand/model of Commlink choosen. I don't see how I 'choose' it. I don't have any trouble adding my eyeware plug-ins--I just don't see a way to do it with my headware/commlink. Thanks!
Nebular
QUOTE (Elfy @ Sep 27 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Question: How would I 'plug-in' my selected Commlink into my internal cyberware Commlink? The book says the internal cyberware Commlink's cost is 2,000 + the cost of the selected brand/model of Commlink choosen. I don't see how I 'choose' it. I don't have any trouble adding my eyeware plug-ins--I just don't see a way to do it with my headware/commlink. Thanks!

The Commlink just needs to be added to the character through the Gear section normally. The base 2,000 cost is already factored into the Headware Commlink Cyberware.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Sep 27 2011, 10:50 AM) *
hello,
i can't find shuriken or throwing knife in the gear/throwing weapons. i found boomerang and nets only.

another problem : when i add YNT softwave on clothing, the YNT cost 1.1 the clothing price. I don't read the YNT avail / price in the same way. I was understanding the item price with YNT will be 1.1* the normal item price.
"All armor types are available as SoftWeave armor, which modifies the cost and Availability of the base armor".

You're right. I entered the cost as Armor Cost * 1.1 when it should have been entered as Armor Cost * 0.1. I've updated the Armor data file to correct this and include the ensemble items from KarmaInferno.
Nebular
The NPC save files have been updated to include their missing Movement information so they no longer throw errors when trying to load them with the current build of Chummer. The next update will also fix this issue - if a character is completely missing their Movement info, it will pull the correct value from the Metatype/Critters data file, apply it to the character, save the updated file, and continue as normal.

Download Updated NPC Save Files
Jazz
Could you add a blank item, cost nothing, that accept any item as gear, to organise gear list ?
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 28 2011, 08:41 AM) *
Could you add a blank item, cost nothing, that accept any item as gear, to organise gear list ?

Agreed, some way to sort the equipment list would be nice. Also, maybe add a "Location" or something to the equipment, so you can specify what you are carrying on your person, what is in your car, what is in your Seattle flat, what is in your Redmond hidey-hole apartment, etc.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 28 2011, 09:08 AM) *
Agreed, some way to sort the equipment list would be nice. Also, maybe add a "Location" or something to the equipment, so you can specify what you are carrying on your person, what is in your car, what is in your Seattle flat, what is in your Redmond hidey-hole apartment, etc.

What's in your car is the easy one, purchase it on the vehicle tab with it being linked to the vehicle in question. The only problem with this is that it's not possible to move items from one tab to another.
I was thinking what would be good for this is a list item that allows you to type in some text, and have the text displayed. Then you could have items linked to this list, or just below it. either way would work.
deurk
Cannot help chiming in to vote the feature up as well. Organizing gear would rock.
Nebular
QUOTE (Elfy @ Sep 27 2011, 01:40 PM) *
I just noticed something. I don't have the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option turned on, but when I make an Adept and add cyberware that reduces the character's Essence (and thereby reduces their Magic attribute value), the Adept's Power Points don't decrease unless the loss reduces their maximum below their current Magic attribute score. Shouldn't the Power Points equal the actual Magic attribute value unless the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option is turned on?

Example, make a new Human character with the Adept Positive Quality and a Magic attribute value of 5. They have 5 Power Points at this point. Add a Bodyware/Balance Tail. Their Essence value drops to 5.5, but their Power Points remain at 5.

Now add Bodyware/Bonelacing (Aluminium). Their Essence value drops to 4.5 and the Power Points drop down to 4.

Edit: Actually, it forces my Magic attribute value down to 4 also. Is the 'Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum' option always turned on even when it's not checked?

This is working as intended. In Create Mode, it always assumes that the MAG score you have set is the final number you want, so if you start with MAG 4 and add a piece of 'ware to reduce your ESS, MAG maximum goes down to 5 but it leaves your current MAG at 4. It does deduct the 10 BP for effectively "buying back" your 4th point of MAG though (being reduced to 3, then spending 10 BP to get back to 4). The only time it forces your current MAG down is when the MAG maximum goes below your current MAG value (such as going from a maximum of 4 to 3, in which case MAG is forced down to 3). As an example, a new character with Adept and MAG 4 will have spent 35 BP. When they add a piece of Cyberware to bring their ESS to 5.8, their MAG stays at 4, but their BP spent increases to 45 to reflect their effectively going down to MAG 3 and buying back up to MAG 4.

When the optional rule is turned on, you do not lose the extra 10 BP for "buying back" the point of MAG since only the maximum value is decreased.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Sep 23 2011, 04:14 AM) *
hello,
i have this problem with custom cybersuit.

1) creating a new character
2) adding cyberware (5 cyberlimbs)
3) creating a custom cybersuit
4) creating a new character and adding the custom cybersuit result in this :

[ Spoiler ]

adding a "normal" cybersuit woks fine.

I can't seem to reproduce this with the current build. Are you still having this problem? If so, could you email me your custom Cyberware file (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what is causing the problem?
Elfy
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 28 2011, 08:33 AM) *
This is working as intended.

Oh! I didn't realize that's what it was doing. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me! =)
Nebular
Build 207
  • added support for <swimpercent /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Swim speed
  • added support for <flypercent /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Fly speed
  • added support for <flyspeed /> to the Improvement Manager which gives a character a Fly speed if they do not already have one
  • fixed an issue that prevented the proper Gear Categories from being available to Armor and Career Mode
  • added swimpercent information to Cyberfins and Functional Tail (Paddle)
  • added swimpercent information to Power Swimming
  • added flyspeed to Wingsuit Jetpack
  • opening a save file with no Movement information no longer throws an error and instead reads the missing information from the Metatypes/Critters file, adds it to the character, and saves the updated file
  • A.I. characters should no longer throw an error when creating or loading due to their "Special" Movement rate
  • fixed an issue that caused the list of books being used to filter content in Select windows to be based on the Settings file of the first character loaded instead of the current character
  • Exotic Active Skills are no longer hard-coded and have been moved to the skills.xml data file to allow custom Exotic Active Skills to be defined
  • Select Side window now shows the name of the item being installed to reduce confusion, especially when adding a Cyberware Suite with multiple limbs
  • added a house rule for Allow Cyberware Essence costs to be discounted (see below)
  • Rating and Gear Rating on the Vehicles tab have been merged into one field since they both reflect the selected item's Rating and only one was ever used at a time
  • Matrix Programs now have the Copy Protection and Registration plugins attached to them for free if Unwired is selected in the character's Book Options
  • added support for Gear Locations to keep track of where stuff is stored

Allow Cyberware Essence costs to be discounted House Rule

When enabled, an Additional Discount field appears next to Essence Cost in the Select Cyberware window. This percentage is in addition to any Essence cost discounts from Grade and other Improvements. Remember that all discounts are cumulative. For example, if a Discount of 10% is selected along with the Alphaware Grade, the total Essence cost discount will be 30%: 20% from Alphaware and 10% from the selected Discount amount.

Modified Strings
  • Label_SelectSide
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Options_AllowCyberwareESSDiscounts
  • Label_SelectCyberware_ESSDiscount
  • Button_AddLocation
  • String_AddLocation
  • Message_DeleteGearLocation
Outstanding Items
  • Custom Cyberware Suite Issues
  • Mind Over Matter Adept Power
  • Charges Remaining and Quick Buy
  • Select Mentor Spirit Quality
  • Saving PACKS Kit Problems
  • Maptools Integration
  • Support for Cyborgs
  • Omae Character Feedback
  • GM Character Management/Karma/Nuyen/Gear Distribution
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?
Shortstraw
What about discounts for vehicles/gear?
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 28 2011, 05:56 PM) *
What about discounts for vehicles/gear?

Vehicles already have it under Used Vehicles. Gear has it, but currently only in Career Mode (to reflect different stores having different markups in play since store markup doesn't apply when you're creating your character). The discount mentioned the notes applies to the Essence cost of Cyberware/Bioware only as a house rule.
Stalag
A couple things:

1. Could you change "Spare Clips" where it's listed under Weapon Accessories to "Spare Clip" and give it a quantity?
  2. The 'Increased Cylinder' weapon mod is not modifying the ammo capacity of the base weapon
  3. Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short lists a Conceal modifier of +4 - I believe this should be -2
  4. Cougar Fineblade Knife, Long also lists a Conceal modifier of +4 - while the difference between a "long knife" and a "sword" isn't really specified in RAW I think it would be fair to say a long knife would be shorter and thus incur a smaller penalty... say +2 or +3. I suppose we'd need some sort of group consensus on that.

Thanks - still loving my Chummer smile.gif
KarmaInferno
I notice the "Modular Plug-In Adaption" is listed as a Cyberware Plug-in, when it is actually a gear modifier.

It's basically used to adapt any suitable piece of gear so that it can socket into a modular cyberlimb. Like adding it to a axe would give you an axe hand.

-k
Shortstraw
The problem is "used" increases the availability of the vehicle and allows a minimum of 20% reduction whereas black market pipeline is a 10% reduction with no increase in availability.
Jazz
Nice job, Nebular. I'll have an excited rigger player now. If you could put locations into locations (or items, to organise commlinks for exemple) and maybe another new button labeled "Sort location" and filters in a sub-button (Alphabetic, Category/Alphabetic, by price, by quantity, by... I don't know), I think that could be perfect, but maybe that is a lot of work. So for the moment, that new feature is really cool.

But we can't use it yet, because of problem 1.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 28 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Build 207
  • added support for Gear Locations to keep track of where stuff is stored

I've got a twisted mind (users always have) so I found a few problems :

Problem 1 (critical for that feature)
- Add a Meta link (cost 100)
- Add a vector xim on the commlink (cost 200)
- Add a new location, name it.
- Drag and drop the commlink+os in the new location
- Remove the location.
=> the commlink lost his OS. From nuyens left, it seems the OS is still here.

Maybe the OS is still here but as a second item and since OS can't be displayed as items alone in the master gear list, the OS is hidden.
The two items seems to be linked anyway : removing the commlink removes the OS's price aswell.

This problem does not occurs when you drag and drop the commlink+os from one location to another one or in the master list (nice feat).

Problem 2 (minor)
This message is unclear : Message_DeleteGearLocation @ line 807
<string>
<key>Message_DeleteGearLocation</key>
<text>Are you sure you want to delete this Gear location? All of the Gear in this location will be moved to the Selected Gear container.</text>
</string>

Do you meant "all the items will be moved in the "master" inventory ? It may (as it did to me) mean that item will be move to another "location" container that you need to select. I was trying to test that until I understood "Selected Gear" was the "master inventory" list.

Problem 3 (minor, french version only)
The new add location button is messing with the delete gear button. I quite don't care since the delete gear have no "sub-button" yet.

edit -
Problem 4 (minor)
Why only reductions to cyb ess, by the way ? No augmentation "got a bad doctor" ? How can we make players loose essence by using drugs ?

Problem 5 (minor)
We can reduce ESS cost from implants that cost 0 ESS (cortical bomb). No impact cost on left ESS score, but that's funny.

Problem 6 (minor)
I think there should be a "add location" button for weapon, armor and vehicle aswell. See problem 3 : maybe I should shorten the text of these button if going that way.

Problem 7 (major)
You can create locations with no name. Add location, hit enter. The location is here but is an invisible item in the master list.

I prepared the french version and sent it to you via PM as usual. I didn't tested these problems in Carrier mode, only in Creation mode (sorry).
deurk
How about that new Runner's Black Book? biggrin.gif
ChatNoir
The Runner Black Book is only a printed compliation of the pdf-only books like Unfriendly Skies that are already supported individually. It's said to have some exclusive content but I don't know what they are.
But, they may be grouped in the book selection list.

+ _ Runner Black Book
......._ Deadly Waves
......._ Gun Heaven
......._ MilSpecTech
......._ This Old Drone
......._ Unfriendly Skies
......._ Specific stuff

Here are the specific stuff from the Battleshop store.
On top of that, the book includes new pieces of gear developed specifically for this volume, including the punishing Kriss X Submachine Gun and small, smooth TPP light pistol. Each piece of gear is accompanied by a full color illustration providing a look at the item’s complete details and features.

But it adds a problem for references, maybe add something like RBB46 - US12 (random example ^^)
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 29 2011, 06:58 AM) *
How about that new Runner's Black Book? biggrin.gif

Like ChatNoir said, it's just a compilation with the exception of a couple of new items just for that release. I already have all of those books, so I'll be damned if I'm going to drop $40US for 3 new items. biggrin.gif Jason Hardy said a long time ago that they may release the new items as their own PDF if they ever made a PDF version of the Runner's Black Book. Now that that part has come true, it'd be nice to see those new items come out separately.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 29 2011, 05:23 AM) *
Nice job, Nebular. I'll have an excited rigger player now. If you could put locations into locations (or items, to organise commlinks for exemple) and maybe another new button labeled "Sort location" and filters in a sub-button (Alphabetic, Category/Alphabetic, by price, by quantity, by... I don't know), I think that could be perfect, but maybe that is a lot of work. So for the moment, that new feature is really cool.

But we can't use it yet, because of problem 1.

I've got a twisted mind (users always have) so I found a few problems :

Problem 1 (critical for that feature)
- Add a Meta link (cost 100)
- Add a vector xim on the commlink (cost 200)
- Add a new location, name it.
- Drag and drop the commlink+os in the new location
- Remove the location.
=> the commlink lost his OS. From nuyens left, it seems the OS is still here.

Maybe the OS is still here but as a second item and since OS can't be displayed as items alone in the master gear list, the OS is hidden.
The two items seems to be linked anyway : removing the commlink removes the OS's price aswell.

This problem does not occurs when you drag and drop the commlink+os from one location to another one or in the master list (nice feat).

Problem 2 (minor)
This message is unclear : Message_DeleteGearLocation @ line 807
<string>
<key>Message_DeleteGearLocation</key>
<text>Are you sure you want to delete this Gear location? All of the Gear in this location will be moved to the Selected Gear container.</text>
</string>

Do you meant "all the items will be moved in the "master" inventory ? It may (as it did to me) mean that item will be move to another "location" container that you need to select. I was trying to test that until I understood "Selected Gear" was the "master inventory" list.

Problem 3 (minor, french version only)
The new add location button is messing with the delete gear button. I quite don't care since the delete gear have no "sub-button" yet.

edit -
Problem 4 (minor)
Why only reductions to cyb ess, by the way ? No augmentation "got a bad doctor" ? How can we make players loose essence by using drugs ?

Problem 5 (minor)
We can reduce ESS cost from implants that cost 0 ESS (cortical bomb). No impact cost on left ESS score, but that's funny.

Problem 6 (minor)
I think there should be a "add location" button for weapon, armor and vehicle aswell. See problem 3 : maybe I should shorten the text of these button if going that way.

Problem 7 (major)
You can create locations with no name. Add location, hit enter. The location is here but is an invisible item in the master list.

I prepared the french version and sent it to you via PM as usual. I didn't tested these problems in Carrier mode, only in Creation mode (sorry).

#1 Pretty sure it's still there, just that the node isn't expanded. I'll look into it.

#2 Yes. In English, the top-most generic node is called "Selected Gear".

#3 The Delete Gear button deletes whatever is highlighted. smile.gif

#4 Because that was the requested house rule. I'm going to be adding an Essence Hole to the Cyberware and Bioware files since I realised there is no way to currently cover that. Botched/bad implant jobs can either be covered by the Essence Hole item, or by creating a custom Cyberware/Bioware item.

#5 Yup, but you can have a Deltaware item that costs 0 ESS according to the rules, so that's what it allows. smile.gif

#6 Grr. I was afraid someone would ask for this.

#7 I'll put in a check for this in the next u pdate.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 29 2011, 01:57 PM) *
#6 Grr. I was afraid someone would ask for this.

Then don't do anything. Afteralll, it's not like we had 42 weapons like piece of gear stuff. drop that. I understand now there's dependancies I didn't see with the "shoot" screen or armor calculation with that silly remark. Please forget that point.

I'd rather you have time to work on other things like "ammo by clip" and item/skills translation smile.gif... Skills translation is #1 of my personnal waiting list, followed by a "sort like in the book" filter, for skills (it's by category first then alphabetical), then by item translation then ammo then any silly idea I can come with smile.gif
Jazz
Problem 8 (minor)
Adding a location is not considered as a change toward the "unsaved changes : do you want to save before quiting" question.

Problem 9 (usability, minor/major)
'would be very nice if you could hide/show items list in locations (like the [-] or [+] thingy next to the name of an item with a lot of modifications, for exemple like almost any drone)
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 29 2011, 09:57 AM) *
Problem 8 (minor)
Adding a location is not considered as a change toward the "unsaved changes : do you want to save before quiting" question.

Problem 9 (usability, minor/major)
'would be very nice if you could hide/show items list in locations (like the [-] or [+] thingy next to the name of an item with a lot of modifications, for exemple like almost any drone)

#8 I was wondering if I did that. Apparently I did not. smile.gif

#9 You can already! Just double-click on the location and it expands/collapses. I'll update it to include the actual expand/collapse icon for the next update. It's just a matter of changing a setting on the control.
Nebular
Figured I'd update everyone on the two big demons on my to-do list that I never include because of their size and time commitment.

Mono

For those who use Mono, you might already be aware of this. Novell, the primary developers of Mono, was bought out by Attachmate last year. In April, most of the key members of the Mono development team were sacked (there's no money to be had in free, open source software). While it is an open source project, the development of it seems to have slowed to a painful crawl after their loss. Unfortunately, nobody has released the 2.12.X build which finally supports everything in .NET 4. It's supposedly ready, but nobody has actually released it yet. If you can find a nightly build of it and install it, Chummer should work with it. I'm still keeping an eye on it to see if they ever release it but things aren't looking good for it right now.

Data Translations

I'm doing this in small bits and pieces. A little of it is being worked into each update for a few reasons. 1) It's not exactly fun and doing it in small bits keeps me from digging my brain out with a spoon. smile.gif 2) It's actually a massive amount of work, so doing it in small steps means I can still provide other updates without having a 3 week gap between them. 3) Slowly rolling certain bits over to working in the new way with each update means I can make sure the changes I've made really are working and poses a smaller risk. It's also less code I'd need to roll back should it end up not working at all. Most of them are not documented in the change notes on purpose - the goal is to have them look and work the same with no discernable difference (besides the big structural change in the background).

The Language Manager, XML Manager, and most of the windows now support translated data with the exception of Metavariants. I haven't revealed anything about it because the main character forms and controls still display the data in English only (so if a Weapon name appears as "Weapon Y" in the French file, it will still use its English name of "Weapon X" after being added to the character which is just confusing). What I can reveal, however, is that everything for a given language will come from a single language file, meaning that all of the French strings - both interface and data item names - will be in one file, not one for interface and one for data items. This will keep everything together and means you won't have a translation file for ever data file which would be a pain in the butt to manage. It also stick with the current behaviour for the interface: if a translated name is not found for a given item, it uses the English name. No idea when it will all be done as there's still a lot of work that needs to go into it, but it's at least making some progress.
deurk
Great job Nebular, looking forward to help with the full translation.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 29 2011, 04:56 PM) *
What I can reveal, however, is that everything for a given language will come from a single language file, meaning that all of the French strings - both interface and data item names - will be in one file, not one for interface and one for data items.

frown.gif

I'd rather have one for GUI, and one for another things because item and such have a "definitive" translation (only updated by books) and GUI are more each week or so...
Labrada
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 29 2011, 12:26 AM) *
Build 207[list]

Allow Cyberware Essence costs to be discounted House Rule

When enabled, an Additional Discount field appears next to Essence Cost in the Select Cyberware window. This percentage is in addition to any Essence cost discounts from Grade and other Improvements. Remember that all discounts are cumulative. For example, if a Discount of 10% is selected along with the Alphaware Grade, the total Essence cost discount will be 30%: 20% from Alphaware and 10% from the selected Discount amount.

thank you very much for this add, my friends and i were waiting for it...awesome job!! twirl.gif
deurk
Nebular, seems to me that Group modification of an enemy is not:
1) updated correctly when loading a character (displays 0 on main screen but shows correct information in the popup screen detailling group mod)
2) is not counted in the BP total when loading a character (group mod at 5 or 0 still displays same total of available BP)

Thanks.
McDougle
"Hacked" programs don´t have the Registration and Copyprotection addons anymore.

Furthermore, is there hope to get some color/colored background per item into the gear(and others like vehicles) tab?

Love the ability to add Locations btw. smile.gif That feature can also be used to seperate gear-classes and the like(now only some color would be left, to distinguish them better and faster). nyahnyah.gif
Stalag
some more for the to-do list:
  1. The "Infected" qualities charge you BP/Karma for the free base point of Mag the quality grants you.
  2. When making a Shapeshifter and picking a non-human metatype, only the animal form attributes and qualities are listed. Need some way to display attributes for characters that have multiple forms.
  3. Shapeshifters should not have the following qualities available:
    • Infected
    • Drake
    • Latent Dracomorphosis
    • Technomancer
    • Latent Technomancer
    • Resonance Bond
    • Carrier
    • The Technomancer version of Scorched, Simsense Vertigo, and Sensitive Neural Structure

Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 29 2011, 01:09 PM) *
frown.gif

I'd rather have one for GUI, and one for another things because item and such have a "definitive" translation (only updated by books) and GUI are more each week or so...

I'll break this out into two separate files then. The hope is that the UI one will stabilise at some point. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Sep 30 2011, 07:32 AM) *
"Hacked" programs don´t have the Registration and Copyprotection addons anymore.

Furthermore, is there hope to get some color/colored background per item into the gear(and others like vehicles) tab?

Hacked stuff will be corrected in the next update.
No, I have no plans to add support for colouring other items for the time being.
Minimax le Rouge
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 28 2011, 03:52 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this with the current build. Are you still having this problem? If so, could you email me your custom Cyberware file (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what is causing the problem?

Still having the problem,
i send you the data file, thank you smile.gif

i don't have the problem involving basic cyberware, but second-hand and second-hand alphaware doesn't work.
Minimax le Rouge
New problem:
i created a new character.
i chose the option "2arms, 2legs and torso".
i had 2 cyberarms, 1 cyberlimb, 1 cybertorso, and modified them at 9/9/9/4 agi and body, so i have a 1( 8 ) in agi and body.
then i had a cyberskull, and the attributes fall at 1(7), if i remove the skull, they come back to 1( 8 ).
whatevs
Wow. Still going strong Nebular. I'm truly impressed.

That being said, noticed that the bonus for the Kinesics adept power isn't being added to Judge Intentions tests (either defensive or offensive).

<sr4a196> 'It also applies a +1 dice pool modifier to the adept on any Opposed Tests made to gauge the adept’s truthfulness or emotional state, including Judge Intention tests (p. 139),'

Spectacular work overall btw. The word is out there. More and more people are using Chummer.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Oct 1 2011, 08:15 AM) *
New problem:
i created a new character.
i chose the option "2arms, 2legs and torso".
i had 2 cyberarms, 1 cyberlimb, 1 cybertorso, and modified them at 9/9/9/4 agi and body, so i have a 1( 8 ) in agi and body.
then i had a cyberskull, and the attributes fall at 1(7), if i remove the skull, they come back to 1( 8 ).

Well that was dumb. The application was looking attempting to exclude things that had a limbslot of "skull", but the Cyberware data file listed all skulls as having a limbslot of "head". I've updated the Cyberware file so that they're correctly marked as using the "skull" limbslot. Grab the updated file, then remove and re-add the skull and you should be good!

The Cyberware and Bioware data files have also been updated to include Essence Hole items since there was no way of actually including previously.
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ Oct 2 2011, 10:26 AM) *
That being said, noticed that the bonus for the Kinesics adept power isn't being added to Judge Intentions tests (either defensive or offensive).

<sr4a196> 'It also applies a +1 dice pool modifier to the adept on any Opposed Tests made to gauge the adept’s truthfulness or emotional state, including Judge Intention tests (p. 139),'

Forgot all about that. Along with the Judge Intentions Improvement, I'll also add support for Lift and Carry and Memory Improvements for the next update should anyone decide they want to create custom items that affect those.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012