Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
esprism
It's due to system font size. Maybe it's almost corrected with last version, I don't have the problem currently but there is still some little display problems.
You can set system font size to 100% to avoid this problem.
EpicSpire
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 2 2011, 02:10 PM) *
check the display settings and see what the text size is set to.

QUOTE (esprism @ Sep 2 2011, 02:30 PM) *
It's due to system font size. Maybe it's almost corrected with last version, I don't have the problem currently but there is still some little display problems.
You can set system font size to 100% to avoid this problem.

thanks for both of your help. it works now. He says the font is a little small, but is readable much better than cut off buttons and stuff. i love the way this forum responds to question relatively fast and with helpful information.

Thanks
Stalag
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Aug 31 2011, 04:14 PM) *
2) This is a House Rule, but if it would be possible to accommodate, I would appreciate...
We add cyberware and racial bonuses after we purchase attribute points. So, for instance when you start a Human, you get a bonus +1 to Edge. According to RAW, if you want to buy one more point of Edge, you have to pay 15karma (going from 2->3). The way we play it, you would only pay 10karma (as if going from 1->2). This means it is the same difficulty for a Troll to put 6 points into STR and for a Human to do so, then Troll gets his +4 after (plus 'ware and stuff). I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but I think it is a pretty common house rule.

Yea, basically what he's saying is this option would make the attribute Karma cost based on how far above average you are for your metatype instead of being based solely on the value of the score itself. So raising an attribute by one point costs the same regardless of the metatype or attribute in question.

QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 2 2011, 12:07 PM) *
We have always used "Metatypes cost Karma equal to twice their BP"

I agree. It doesn't really make sense that using KarmaGen should reduce (or eliminate) the metatype cost. The cost of the metatype is to offset the higher attribute maximums and free powers you get from the metatype. A house rule option here makes sense. (Those of you who enjoy your cheap/free metatypes can ignore it biggrin.gif )

And while we're making requests for optional house rules to add after your translation...here's another:

Option: Set an attributes natural maximum to the RAW augmented maximum and remove the augmented maximum
Reasons behind the change: First off, an "average" of 3 and a natural maximum of 6 really offers very little room for character growth. Secondly, there are augmentation limits already in the available augmentations so an arbitrary cap seems silly. True, this may not be to everyone's taste but that's why it's optional wink.gif

Stalag
Oh - and I wanted to say this app is awesome smile.gif
Beats the spreadsheets I've tried to make hands-down (they get soooo slow after a point nyahnyah.gif )

Now lets talk about why you included Cyberzombies but not Cyborgs. Have they just not made it into the development queue yet (like Drakes I presume) or did you also find the rules for them to be a bit... vague?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Stalag @ Sep 3 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Oh - and I wanted to say this app is awesome smile.gif
Beats the spreadsheets I've tried to make hands-down (they get soooo slow after a point nyahnyah.gif )

Now lets talk about why you included Cyberzombies but not Cyborgs. Have they just not made it into the development queue yet (like Drakes I presume) or did you also find the rules for them to be a bit... vague?

Unfortunately the list of things to do is very long. I'm sure the changes needed to allow for multiple languages is going to be time consuming.
I've worked on projects that allowed for multiple languages and it's a lot of work.
Stalag
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 3 2011, 12:17 AM) *
Unfortunately the list of things to do is very long. I'm sure the changes needed to allow for multiple languages is going to be time consuming.
I've worked on projects that allowed for multiple languages and it's a lot of work.

True - we should volunteer to help cyber.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 3 2011, 06:17 AM) *

Multi-languages, yup. I remember my belgium job, when I was maintening a 35 years old insurance mainframe application with databases in english/french/dutch...

"- I don't understand, when I click on Space+LeftShift+F11+ type "I rulez" + click six times with the mouse and turn around my desk, there is a bug.
- Use french or dutch.
- Oh... Thank you !"

Or...

"- wtf I don't understand, I told him SAVE, ****ing computer ! SAVE YOU UNDERSTAND ?
- 'Charger' mean 'to load' in french.
- Oh...
- ...haha
- Thanks anyway."

Or...

"- Great times gentlemen, we finally made our 1 month project into production tomorow. Everything is fine and all our boss are happy...
- Did I... Oh nevermind.
- What ?
- Well, I just remember, I didn't made the tests in dutch or english. But that should be fine. Compiling is testing anyway.
- ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME ?"

(with experience, in these kind of situation now I just don't tell and ninja-correct nyahnyah.gif)

Or...

"- Hello ? I've got an idea : can you just add a button that just could translate the adress I just typed...
- *click* Aaaaaaah... Coffee break.
- Hello ? Hello ?

- (a collegue) who called ?
- Somebody who though we were google translation smile.gif"

Hopefully the structure of this program is easier that the fat dinosaurs I worked on smile.gif
Leoric
I just found out that there is no way (exept by notes & manual karma expenses) to track magical groups.
It would be great if it was added in the initiation & metamagic tab:
- Ability to join a group (cost 5 karma points, SM p69)
- Ability to break a bond with a group (1 karma point, SM p65)
- Some fields to keep track of the informations of the group (Name, members, strictures, ressources, Dues, Patron).

Do you think you could add it? love.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Leoric @ Sep 5 2011, 01:53 PM) *
I just found out that there is no way (exept by notes & manual karma expenses) to track magical groups.
It would be great if it was added in the initiation & metamagic tab:
- Ability to join a group (cost 5 karma points, SM p69)
- Ability to break a bond with a group (1 karma point, SM p65)
- Some fields to keep track of the informations of the group (Name, members, strictures, ressources, Dues, Patron).

Do you think you could add it? love.gif

Yup. I'll add this to the list o' stuff. The extra information will likely just be one big text area so you can enter whatever relevant information you need and have available.
Nebular
QUOTE (Stalag @ Sep 3 2011, 12:30 AM) *
True - we should volunteer to help cyber.gif

It's almost done, though now that I think about it, there's no way to actually select a language. Grr. Need to go back and add this. At the moment, there are 1,034 individual strings. They are stored in a language-specific XML file. If a specific string isn't found in the selected language file, the app falls back to the English version so that you don't end up with a blank spot.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 6 2011, 02:53 AM) *
It's almost done, though now that I think about it, there's no way to actually select a language. Grr. Need to go back and add this. At the moment, there are 1,034 individual strings. They are stored in a language-specific XML file. If a specific string isn't found in the selected language file, the app falls back to the English version so that you don't end up with a blank spot.

If I understood, you just permited the translation of Chummer to other languages.

Before announcing the good news to the french guys, I have two questions :
a - 1034 strings refers to only the GUI or you did start to permit powers&cyberware&items&co strings aswell ?
b - Will you want the french translated files once they are done so these files would be an "official" part of Chummer ? (not as "addon")
Or you want to let these to us so we can fix them and make them grow (they will grow, for exemple for stuff in books which have not been yet translated). So for this solution these files could be linked via your wiki. (or maybe on the french ShadowWiki, I'll have to ask)

b is maybe the can of worms you didn't want to open but...

Just for you to know, I think all of french us that know Chummer are so impatient... Quite like little boys at Xmas night smile.gif

edit - maybe you would want to have a directory per language so the files don't mess with the core xml directory
EpicSpire
According to SR4A 318, the Ares Alpha comes with an under barrel grenade launcher, yet when i attach the grenade launcher to the Alpha it takes up 3 slots of capacity. Is that intentional or am i doing something wrong. I am using the Areas Alpha Grenade Launcher that appears directly under the Ares Alpha.
Dakka Dakka
I think you are not supposed to attach it as an underbarrel weapon (plug in) but just buy it as a weapon for 0¥ after you bought the Ares Alpha.
KeyMasterOfGozer
I have on this character added
Cyberware:
Commlink
Control Rig * Should this be a "Plug-in" to the Commlink implant?
Sim Module (Hot-Sim)
Datajack

and also a Custom Commlink with (among other things) Response 6 in the Gear section

and the Intuition Stat is 6

On the Other Info tab, it shows:
Matrix Initiative: 7
Matrix Initiative Passes: 1

I believe that it should be:
Matrix Initiative: 13
Matrix Initiative Passes: 3

Are there any other ways to improve Matrix Initiative and/or IP?

Jazz
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 7 2011, 01:52 AM) *

No

Sim Module (Hot-Sim)

You don't need that, you allready have a control rig. This one can be a plug-in to the implanted commlink.

and also a Custom Commlink with (among other things) Response 6 in the Gear section
So it's availibility 16.

I had the same problem on one of my characters when he created a rigger. Don't trust Chummer there.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 7 2011, 10:12 AM) *
You don't need that, you allready have a control rig. This one can be a plug-in to the implanted commlink.
Where does it say that you don't need a sim module, if you have a control rig?
A control rig only improves certain types of simsense. It does not give you the ability to experience simsense.

You may confuse it with the simrig. This device is for recording simsense. So unless you want to write BTLs of your runs, you won't need it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 6 2011, 11:49 AM) *
If I understood, you just permited the translation of Chummer to other languages.

Before announcing the good news to the french guys, I have two questions :
a - 1034 strings refers to only the GUI or you did start to permit powers&cyberware&items&co strings aswell ?
b - Will you want the french translated files once they are done so these files would be an "official" part of Chummer ? (not as "addon")
Or you want to let these to us so we can fix them and make them grow (they will grow, for exemple for stuff in books which have not been yet translated). So for this solution these files could be linked via your wiki. (or maybe on the french ShadowWiki, I'll have to ask)

b is maybe the can of worms you didn't want to open but...

Just for you to know, I think all of french us that know Chummer are so impatient... Quite like little boys at Xmas night smile.gif

edit - maybe you would want to have a directory per language so the files don't mess with the core xml directory

The translations are for the UI only. Each language is its own XML file (default is en-us.xml) and placed in the \lang directory. The Options window audits all of the XML files in there and lists the ones it can clearly identify as languages. After the massive amount of work this has been, I'm not really motivated to do anything in terms of data translation right now. (to be blunt, this was a real pain in the ass and consumed some 25+ hours of time) Other fixes are taking priority over any other translation stuff.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 6 2011, 08:52 PM) *
I have on this character added
Cyberware:
Commlink
Sim Module (Hot-Sim)
Datajack

and the Intuition Stat is 6

Are there any other ways to improve Matrix Initiative and/or IP?

This is a problem with how Chummer is trying to figure things out.
1) The Matrix Initiative value is messed up because it doesn't seem to be considering a Custom Commlink's Response.
2) The Matrix Initiative Passes value is messed up because it is only looking for Sim Modules as Commlink Plugins and not in Cyberware.

These will be corrected in either the next update (which is really just for adding UI translation support) or the one after.
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Sep 6 2011, 12:44 PM) *
I think you are not supposed to attach it as an underbarrel weapon (plug in) but just buy it as a weapon for 0¥ after you bought the Ares Alpha.

that is what i ended up doing, and i just wanted to know if that was right.

Thanks
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 7 2011, 12:22 PM) *
The translations are for the UI only. Each language is its own XML file (default is en-us.xml) and placed in the \lang directory. The Options window audits all of the XML files in there and lists the ones it can clearly identify as languages. After the massive amount of work this has been, I'm not really motivated to do anything in terms of data translation right now. (to be blunt, this was a real pain in the ass and consumed some 25+ hours of time) Other fixes are taking priority over any other translation stuff.

I've done this same thing before and I know what a pain in the butt it can be. Even though I'm not going to use the translation, I want to let you know, we really appreciate the effort. This will go a long ways to helping a lot more people use it and help find problems.

Maybe temporarily one of the French guys can write an XSLT file that will take the XML data files and sub in the French translation, then they can share among each other translated data files, and put it back after any updates you put out?

Will be a pain in the butt, but it should work.

Maybe I can look into and XSLT or other string substitution method to help those guys out. I'm a little busy at work right now, but I'll let you know.
Nebular
The problem is that Chummer relies on some of the English strings in the data files - usually just Category, but it does look for a fragment in an item Name. For example, Cyberware Grades are explicitly tied to the English strings, some Gear information is determined based on its English Category and so on, so while simply translating things would work, it would also break stuff in the background and cause some numbers to not add up correctly. nyahnyah.gif
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 7 2011, 02:25 PM) *
The problem is that Chummer relies on some of the English strings in the data files - usually just Category, but it does look for a fragment in an item Name. For example, Cyberware Grades are explicitly tied to the English strings, some Gear information is determined based on its English Category and so on, so while simply translating things would work, it would also break stuff in the background and cause some numbers to not add up correctly. nyahnyah.gif

I see, ok, well... I'll think on it, but I think you are correct then.
Nebular
Should mention: You can create other XSL character sheets and put whatever language you want in there since they're just output and don't care about that stuff. smile.gif So you can create a French version of the SR4 sheet for example.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 7 2011, 07:25 PM) *

I don't know how you programmed it but I do know the golden rules of translation programming : read, write, affich are three different use of a variable.

Here's how I'd do :
1 - (no change) - When Chummer have to write in files, it does using the english words.
2 - (if not stored in RAM, no change) - When Chummer have to read, it reads using english datafiles.
3 - (changes are here) - When Chummer have to affich, it convert from english to the translation setting (get the english word as usual, cross-read in some new translation files we have to make, affich what's been read there or the english name if not found).

You will spot the #3 change each time you call the UI's display boxes. There may be loads of work in listboxes but I'm not sure if i rememebr well C++ windows API (from 10 years ago, sorry nyahnyah.gif).

That way :
- .chum are still in english when you read it whatever the language is
- .xml (datafiles) also
- what's created by the english can be read by the french/german and vice versa
- what's been created by the french can be read by the german and vice-versa
- you can update english datafile details without changing that much translations, provided you don't change the names.

You also should ask yourself what are the details that are region-specific. What I see for now is names, category, books and pages.

You also must be aware that makes Chummer use more I/O operations (or 2 per item if you stored translation in RAM at reading) at affiching but if we have this in our language, I think we'll not care smile.gif

What you can do also is :
- when you read from english files,
==> IF the language selection is not english, find the translation in appropriate translating files
====> IF FOUNDED then store these values in Translated[name of the usual value]
====> ELSE store english in Translated[name of the usual value].
==> ELSE store english in Translated[name of the usual value].

With what I said about step 3, affiching, each time you call the UI you change the name of the variable to drop in the UI by Translated[name of the usual value].

If you want to accelerate translating readings, you can generate a translation index (for example you add a quality under each name in your datafiles, like this :
<name>EDG</name><quality>attribute abreviation</quality><translateIndex>42</translateIndex><page>96</page><book>SR4</book><cost>1000</cost><avail>12F</avail>

In the french version of the xml, you'll have
<translateIndex>42</translateIndex><name>CHA</name><quality>abreviation d'attribut</quality><page>92</page><book>MdO</book>

And no bonus, no cost, no avail etc. The english datafile provide this for the french translating file. The french translating only is to affich the names of those items.

Now, for Edge, the exemple is stupid (MdO refers to the french version of Street Magic) but you get the idea...

QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 7 2011, 06:49 PM) *
I want to let you know, we really appreciate the effort.

Indeed !

BTW, I think there's load of guys willing to help in the french community. I know a few .net magician so maybe they could help you too.
Jazz
Sorry to double post but I think now I stopped to edit the above post in case you read it too fast.
Nebular
At long last, the language UI stuff is done and available!

Build 190
  • all language information now comes from language files which can be found in the lang directory
  • attempting to bind a Power Focus in Career Mode no longer throws an error
EpicSpire
i started chummer today and got the most recent update.

then it flagged a warning: "Could not load default language file"

and now i can't access chummer at all.
Nebular
Hmm, that's weird. There are only 2 ways this should be able to happen: either from updating from a build older than 184 to 190, or if the language file was not selected as part of the update process.

In any event, you can download the whole thing from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/chummer.zip. Just unzip it to your Chummer directory and you should be good to go.
The other option is to create the lang directory (if you don't already have it), download the language file from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/lang/en-us.xml (right-click and choose save as), then copy it to the lang directory.
EpicSpire
it was due to the first,. i bet anything, cause i updated the one on my netbook which i havent used in a week.

thanks for the fast response.
Jazz
When marking a v184 character as created and saving as v190, got this exeption (in english or in the french language I'm making) :

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey)
à Chummer.LanguageManager.UpdateForm(Form objForm)
à Chummer.LanguageManager.Load(String strLanguage, Object objObject)
à Chummer.frmLifestyleNuyen..ctor()
à Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
à Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
à Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacter()
à Chummer.frmCreate.tsbSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Attribute keys seems not to be found... I can't find them in en-us.xml btw.
Nebular
<key> cannot be renamed under any circumstance. They must remain exactly as they are in the en-us.xml file or things will break.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 12:15 AM) *
<key> cannot be renamed under any circumstance. They must remain exactly as they are in the en-us.xml file or things will break.

That's what I did... I think. Now I feel like Moss with the fire in IT Crowd s01.

I "almost" never opened en-us.xml (copied and start translating <text>, that works well but I don't think there's the whole UI, since I can't find BOD/AGI/REA/... for exemple)

If you try to quickly create a character then release it to carrier mode and save, there's no problems in your chummer?

---

I'm in the point of translating "String_Force", if you have the time could you hint me what it stands for ?
-edit- found, nevermind.

---

There's a minor bug with armor display.
Under armor tab, it list as "Ballistic" then "Ballistic Armor" instead of "Ballistic armor" then "Impact armor". I think that's a key or string confusion there. (try 6/4 jackets)
Nebular
Argh. I missed flagging a control as having a translated string in the Nuyen window.

Build 191
  • fixed an issue that caused the Lifestyle Nuyen window to throw an error when moving a character to Career Mode
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Argh. I missed flagging a control as having a translated string in the Nuyen window.

Build 191
  • fixed an issue that caused the Lifestyle Nuyen window to throw an error when moving a character to Career Mode

Ok great, that works now.

Don't forget the armor for next release smile.gif

What does &augs stands for ? Is it to use shortcuts or something ?
Nebular
Anything with &amp; is just an XML friendly & sign. .NET uses it to add key mnemonics. So "&amp;Add Accessory" appears as "Add Accessory" (you may need to hold the Alt key to get those to show depending on how you have them configured in Windows), and Alt+A would trigger that button instead of having to click on it. &amp;&amp; however (&& when parsed) displays a single & sign.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 02:37 AM) *
Alt+A would trigger that button

Okay, so I can choose whatever the letter with &aug;, it's not written in the .dotnet programs "make Alt+A a shortcut" ?
I mean that because the word aren't the same, and for exemple I may have two A when you have only one.

okok.

I'm taking screenshots of things that are not translated in the UI, I'll post them tonigth. I've got another semi-crash when I click on some printing things that need further documenting.
Jazz
Quick and dirty :
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cd87d72/n/...Screenshots.rar

Screenshot 3 is about an exeption I have when :
- you start chummer
- you open no character or you open one, it doesn't matter
- you click on "file" then "print multiple"
- you don't add a character to the printing list
- but you still click on "remove character"

-edit- zut, dirty indeed. Screenshot 1 got remplaced by something I don't like. It should show the metavariant panel at charcater creation, where there's still some "BP" left and names of attributes in english.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 8 2011, 05:03 AM) *
Quick and dirty :
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cd87d72/n/...Screenshots.rar

Screenshot 3 is about an exeption I have when :
- you start chummer
- you open no character or you open one, it doesn't matter
- you click on "file" then "print multiple"
- you don't add a character to the printing list
- but you still click on "remove character"

-edit- zut, dirty indeed. Screenshot 1 got remplaced by something I don't like. It should show the metavariant panel at charcater creation, where there's still some "BP" left and names of attributes in english.
Thanks for the screenshots. I'll try to have these cleaned up for the next update.
  • For now, Attributes are remaining in English.
  • Metatype and Metavariant names are remaining that way as well since they come from data files.
  • The BP and Karma items in Options and in the Select BP windows were left that way by design. I need to do some other work to get them to be language-independent.
  • The Verify button is left in English by design since the message is only going to be in English. It's there to test a translated file to see if any strings are msising. If you're able to translate the English file to another language, you're able to read the Verify button. It's useless to everyone else. wink.gif
  • The Search For and Sorted By fields in Omae get their values from the Omae webservice which is in English only.
  • The About window is being left out of translation stuff by design.

You can put &amp; wherever you like. The trick is that if you're going to use them, they need to be unique for whatever the current display is. smile.gif (you can also choose to leave them out, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who still uses keyboard shortcuts)
Jazz
Thank you. Indeed, that's a long work !

At character creation panel, I was speaking of "PC" and BOD/AGI/REA/... that are left untouched, not about metavariant & co, I guess I understood which one comes from xml and which one comes from the UI. I can provide screenshot if you want.

I have a second delivery of screenshots about Carier Mode, I'll put the charcter creation panels I refer to. Too bad for attribute names, because these are main data on the char sheet...

I can't do 2nd delivery tonigth in fact because I play L5R or SR4 by skype this evening. Maybe late this nigth or tomorow.

Thanks for the support !

-edit- Oh, by the way, if by chance you add things (attributes... nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif) in the translate keys and labels, is it possible to put all the new elements with something like <!-- Here's comes Santa Claus 8/9/2011 --> blablabla, new keys, new labels, new texts <!-- END OF Santa Claus 8/9/2011 --> just where you want in the file ?
So this way I can find them easily if I've got to update the french file...

BY THE WAY Now if a good soul speaks german...
Nebular
New strings will be put in their respective sections like the others (at least in the English file - their placement within the file really doesn't matter but I like to keep things grouped). My plan is to include the list of new/changed strings in the release notes for each version. This way you can just search for each of the new strings within the English file, then put the equivalent in the translated language file.
KeyMasterOfGozer
This brings up a question of procedure. When Jazz finishes his language file, will he send a copy of that to you to include in the release, or does someone from each language need to find an owner who will each separately "own" the language and post a current version on their own place for download?

I guess there is a chummer wiki, you could put a place there for people to post newest file for each language or something?
Bobby
Another tooltip problem i'm afraid:

The tooltip prices for increasing groups in career mode is wrong: it was telling me I can increase a group from 5 to 6 for 5 Karma, not 30!

The button itself charges the correct amount.

Nebular
For the sake of having everything together, it would probably be best to email me updated copies, then I can toss them up on the server and include them the update process so people don't have to go hunting for language files and file updates.
Nebular
Build 192
  • Roll button in the Dice Roller window now reads from the language file
  • clicking Remove Character in the Print Multiple window with no character selected no longer throws an error
  • Build Method lists now read BP/Karma strings from the language file
  • Omae login and filtering fields are now properly translated
  • Select a Side window now reads from the language file
  • corrected the translation tag for Impact on the Armor tab so it no longer incorrectly appears as "Ballistic Armor"
  • Matrix Initiative now compares using a Commlinks total Response instead of its base Response so Custom Commlinks will now affect Matrix Initiative properly
  • added missing Matrix IP information to Sim Module Cyberware
  • added Join Group/Network Karma cost to Options window (default 5)
  • added Leave Group/Network Karma cost to Options window (default 1)
  • added support for joining and leaving Groups/Networks
New Strings
  • Button_DiceRoller_Roll
  • String_Improvement_SideLeft
  • String_Improvement_SideRight
  • Label_SelectSide
  • Label_Options_JoinGroup
  • Label_Options_LeaveGroup
  • Label_Group
  • Label_Network
  • Checkbox_JoinedGroup
  • Checkbox_JoinedNetwork
  • String_ExpenseJoinGroup
  • String_ExpenseLeaveGroup
  • String_ExpenseJoinNetwork
  • String_ExpenseLeaveNetwork
  • Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseJoinGroup
  • Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseLeaveGroup
  • Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseJoinNetwork
  • Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseLeaveNetwork
Nebular
QUOTE (Bobby @ Sep 8 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Another tooltip problem i'm afraid:

The tooltip prices for increasing groups in career mode is wrong: it was telling me I can increase a group from 5 to 6 for 5 Karma, not 30!

The button itself charges the correct amount.

Doh! I know exactly what I did, and of course I see this right after posting an update! smile.gif I'll have this fixed up in the next update as it's part of the internal code and not the language files.
Also noticed that the ones for Knowledge Skills are wrong as well.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 05:25 PM) *
New strings will be put in their respective sections like the others (at least in the English file - their placement within the file really doesn't matter but I like to keep things grouped). My plan is to include the list of new/changed strings in the release notes for each version. This way you can just search for each of the new strings within the English file, then put the equivalent in the translated language file.

Yeah but... frown.gif

That makes me having to read each release notes, copy/paste in the same order (for the same sake) and maybe forget some (since I can't really compare by the line, languages are different so number of line can be too).

Packing them anywhere at one place but by release would ease a lot my work : at that pace I think I have 60-80 hours of work to translate that file... Or at least comment them with version markers because it's a pain in the rear to find these by name :/

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 09:01 PM) *
For the sake of having everything together, it would probably be best to email me updated copies, then I can toss them up on the server and include them the update process so people don't have to go hunting for language files and file updates.

okok
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 8 2011, 06:14 PM) *
Yeah but... frown.gif

That makes me having to read each release notes, copy/paste in the same order (for the same sake) and maybe forget some (since I can't really compare by the line, languages are different so number of line can be too).

Packing them anywhere at one place but by release would ease a lot my work : at that pace I think I have 60-80 hours of work to translate that file... Or at least comment them with version markers because it's a pain in the rear to find these by name :/

okok

As the above post shows, he lists all the changes to the strings. It shouldn't be that difficult to search the english file for them, and then copy that to the other language files and put in the new language string.
Jazz
I'll post minor stuff as they comes...

* Message_RemoveCharacterAssociation
==> The \n doesn't pass a line en/fr. It's displayed in the message. Removed in french.

* Matrix IP help popup
==> It's not "Hit Sim", it's "Hot Sim" biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 8 2011, 07:00 PM) *
I'll post minor stuff as they comes...

* Message_RemoveCharacterAssociation
==> The \n doesn't pass a line en/fr. It's displayed in the message. Removed in french.

* Matrix IP help popup
==> It's not "Hit Sim", it's "Hot Sim" biggrin.gif

Sigh. I had the \n working before but I forgot to put the code for that back in when I found a much better way of doing things. nyahnyah.gif This will be fixed in the next update. Updated the English file to fix the typo.
Kirk
GM Mr. Fix-it 2071 is wrong. It is a medium drone (identified as such) but is tagged as a small drone for listing. It is missing its two arms, toolkit, and autosoft(3).

And I'm going to add to the kudos. Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012