Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
McDougle
Just noticed something else:

It would be awesome, if you could implement options in the chummer which allow us users to implement new stuff(weapons,modifications,ware ec.) without having to alter your xml´s(my last modification got overridden by an update).
There was a chargen that could do that, but that was the only option i remember it had that yours is (as of now) missing. wink.gif

Enjoy your weekend! cyber.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 17 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Surge Class II at least seems to be a point sink. I made a legal Cahracter, saved it, but when I looad it, I get the message, that I may not spend more than 35 BP on Qualities.
Martial Arts are also gone, weird.

Where are the Sim Modules? Found them. They are only avalable as Commlink Plugins.

Why do Trodes and Sim Modules have ratings?

I'll look into the SURGE and Martial Arts thing.

For some screwy reason I gave everything on SR4A 328 filled in the Rating of the Gear with its Device Rating. No idea what I was thinking, but it has been there for a long time. Next update will remove those.
Dakka Dakka
I'm still not quite sure how to use spare clips and ammo. Spare clips are available as Weapon Accessories and as Gear. Ammunition however is only available as gear and can only be purchased in multiples of 10. This is RAW, it does not help with assigning bullets to magazines (as the clips should have been called). Magazines can not be assigned a capacity or a weapon.

Another thing, the ammo capacity of (custom) underbarrel weapons is not halved.

The off-the-rack options for the Ruger Thunderbolt are not available. Internal Smartlink for ¥400, Laser Sight for ¥100. Arsenal p. 24.

The MBW should raise the Dodge Skill, not provide a pool bonus.

Though I find lots of bugs in your program, I really appreciate what you are doing. Keep up the good work.
ShadowWalker
I put Improved Sensor Array on a drone and it doesn't increase the drones sensor capacity.
How do you upgrade the drones sensor package? I can't find it on the pop menu any more.
I'm thinking the menu item was removed after all the vehicles and drones got the sensor packages were all put in as part of the vehicle or drone.

I think you added the ability to add sub-items to gear.
In this sense the vision and audio sensors on vehicles and drones, such as microphones and trideo cameras, should be able to have additional sensors added to them.
The Audio and visual enhancements are both costing sensor package slots. They should be costing slots to the microphone or camera they are put in.

Edit: I just found the drone sensor arrays, based on size, they are under sensors, for the sensor packages. But are useless at that location.

I was thinking, would it be possible to change the sensor package size to an attribute of the vehicle? Then you can have the Improved Sensor Array increase the attribute.
Make it so each vehicle or drone has a child on the tree called Sensors with a capacity based on the attribute.

Page 105 of Arsenal states vehicles have a standard sensor package that includes,
• Atmosphere Sensor (taking up 1 Capacity)
• 2 Cameras (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Laser Range Finders (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Motion Sensors (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• Radar (taking up 5 Capacity)
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 17 2011, 02:49 PM) *
I put Improved Sensor Array on a drone and it doesn't increase the drones sensor capacity.
How do you upgrade the drones sensor package? I can't find it on the pop menu any more.
I'm thinking the menu item was removed after all the vehicles and drones got the sensor packages were all put in as part of the vehicle or drone.

Sensors are Gear, so they're just part of the Add Gear menu item now. The Improved Sensor Array thing is done manually, so after you add that Mod, pop out the current Sensor, then select Add Gear from the drop-down menu and put the larger size in.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 17 2011, 06:56 AM) *
I'm still not quite sure how to use spare clips and ammo. Spare clips are available as Weapon Accessories and as Gear. Ammunition however is only available as gear and can only be purchased in multiples of 10. This is RAW, it does not help with assigning bullets to magazines (as the clips should have been called). Magazines can not be assigned a capacity or a weapon.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure either. The problem is that clips are listed as Weapon Accessories in the rules which means they need to be associated with a particular gun, but it doesn't really make sense to slap a bunch of them into the Weapon's Accessory listing and print out, so I put 'em in Gear (in addition to leaving them in Weapon Accessories since that's where they are in the book and I figured that would be where people expect to find them, but this could also cause confusion). I'm thinking they should come out of Weapon Accessories altogether. My intention was to just have Clips/Magazines be more of a placeholder item to say I've got X of these on me, so I can swap ammo as needed since you won't likely be refilling them in the middle of a gunfight.

Since all of the prices in SR4A list Ammo as Cost X per 10, that was the method I went with. You can actually buy any number of bullets you'd like. The up/down arrows for the spinner box are told to increment by 10 since that's the purchase quantity in the book, but it will let you type in any number you want in the actual box and calculate the price properly.

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 17 2011, 06:56 AM) *
Though I find lots of bugs in your program, I really appreciate what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! With 53,000+ lines of code (and 94,000+ lines of data), it gets hard to spot bugs on my own. Doesn't help that developers are the worst people to test their own stuff since they subconsciously avoid certain ways of doing things. I'm still surprised how far this thing has come in 11 weeks! biggrin.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 17 2011, 03:53 PM) *
Sensors are Gear, so they're just part of the Add Gear menu item now. The Improved Sensor Array thing is done manually, so after you add that Mod, pop out the current Sensor, then select Add Gear from the drop-down menu and put the larger size in.

Ah, thanks.
ShadowWalker
Put clips in gear, and when added to the character have them select the firearm it's for.
Then you could also assign ammo do it. smile.gif
I would also allow to assign a clip to a firearm, and put a note on the clip that shows which firearm it's assigned to.
Ares Predator Clip (in use in My Ares Predator #1) or something like that.
StevenAngier
Nebula you are a genius.

One thing I'd LOVE to see in Chummer though is the optional rule to buy power points as Initiation bonus instead of metamagic techniques. I'd not expect it to handle the case of additional metatechniques by karma (where this rule wouldn't apply) only the possibility to add power points by initiation smile.gif
cbass187
Awesome Program Many Thanks. But I have a question I have been making characters and I was messing around with Metagenetic Improvement (Attribute) Quality and it allows me to use this on Magic/Edge
Now I don't know if that was just an oversight or Intentional but I was under the impression that Magic/Edge where Attributes but not Mental or Physical they where stand alone and in the Quality's description it states.

A character with Metagenetic Improvement possesses a
genetic expression that enhances the genes connected to the development
of a certain Mental or Physical attribute

Anyhow This Program Rocks I love it thanks! I have been pumping out Characters left and right!
ShadowWalker
AIs have inherent programs, that have a starting rating that is based off of one of the mental stats.
There is a maximum number of starting inherent programs equal to the AI's Rating.
Page 89 of RC lists which programs are associated with which stats.
The Rating of Inherent Programs cannot be increased during character creation.

The inherent programs also come with the program options Ergonomics and Optimization. The inherent programs can't have any other options.
There is no mention of what the rating is for the Optimization program option. I'm thinking it should equal the System Rating.

The cost for improving an inherent program is a number of karma equal to the new rating.
The maximum rating for a program is equal to double the system rating.
There is no mention of buying new inherent programs (which I find strange). If it's possible I would think the first point costs 2 karma.
I would think it would be possible to get new inherent programs otherwise no one would make an AI that started with less than a 6 Rating.
With a limit for the number of Inherent Programs equalling the Rating of the AI.

I'm thinking this all needs to go on an Inherent Programs tab.

I sent an email off the Catalyst asking about if you can buy new Inherent Programs or not, and what the rating Optimization starts at.
I'll post here what their response is.
ShadowWalker
The Skills based off of Resonance should be disabled if the person does not have the Resonance attribute.
The same is true for many of the Magic based skills.

Would like to see something that would allow for changing the sorting for the skills.
Alphabetical, by Attribute and by Skill Group would be good.
ShadowWalker
The Microphone and Trideo Camera Sensors are taking up their rating in sensor slots.
They should be just 1.
SpellBinder
The... "Program Options" selected for a Technomancer's complex forms aren't costing any BP/Karma.

Also noticed that during character creation that if you go back and increase a TM's Resonance attribute that the complex forms already chosen cannot be improved to the new limit (tested in BP mode only, starting at Resonance 1, adding any complex form, then increasing Resonance). This might not be present if a character file is saved and re-loaded, though I honestly don't know.
McDougle
I think u missed to read my last post again!
dead.gif
*feels invisible*

QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 17 2011, 02:12 PM) *
It would be awesome, if you could implement options in the chummer which allow us users to implement new stuff(weapons,modifications,ware ec.) without having to alter your xml´s(my last modification got overridden by an update).
There was a chargen that could do that, but that was the only option i remember it had that yours is (as of now) missing. wink.gif

To cut it short-> please give us a way to add in items/powers/electrokittens INSIDE chummer! cool.gif

EDIT:
War-NSCs would be great, too! biggrin.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 18 2011, 06:28 AM) *
dead.gif
*feels invisible*

To cut it short-> please give us a way to add in items/powers/electrokittens INSIDE chummer! cool.gif

EDIT:

You can create your own custom data. Copy the data file you need and name it with custom_ at the beginning of it. make sure that _gear.xml or _armor.xml is the end of the name.
Delete all the data out of it and place in your custom data in the appropriate places.
SpellBinder
Oh, McDougle, you don't need any special program to create/edit an XML file. XML files are nothing more than TXT files with a different extension, so something like Notepad is all you need.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 18 2011, 06:28 AM) *
dead.gif
*feels invisible*

EDIT:

Sorry, I wasn't actually ignoring it, I was thinking about if this would really be needed, how much work this would actually be, and if it would actually be worth it. In short, there is far too much work that would need to go into this to justify doing this. There are 25 data files, most of which have their own format, meaning I would need about 20 different editors, and the schema changes from them from time-to-time. One of the main reasons I chose to use XML was so I could avoid this altogether. If someone wants to enter custom data, all they need to do is use something like Notepad to edit text files and use the existing content as a template. I also have information on all of the data files on the Chummer Wiki that describe their contents.

The additional changes to Contacts haven't been made yet because there are a number of things that are a higher priority, such as incorrect/missing BP/Karma costs, save/load issues, Attribute problems, and the like. It's not that people's suggestions aren't being worked on; I'm just one guy with so much time and need to put a higher importance on core issues over optional/house rules. If it's something quick to sneak in, I try to, but not everything is as simple as it would some times seem (as much as I like it to be). smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (cbass187 @ Jun 17 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Awesome Program Many Thanks. But I have a question I have been making characters and I was messing around with Metagenetic Improvement (Attribute) Quality and it allows me to use this on Magic/Edge
Now I don't know if that was just an oversight or Intentional but I was under the impression that Magic/Edge where Attributes but not Mental or Physical they where stand alone and in the Quality's description it states.

A character with Metagenetic Improvement possesses a
genetic expression that enhances the genes connected to the development
of a certain Mental or Physical attribute

Anyhow This Program Rocks I love it thanks! I have been pumping out Characters left and right!

You're right, it should be allowing special Attributes. I'll have this corrected for the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 18 2011, 01:49 AM) *
Also noticed that during character creation that if you go back and increase a TM's Resonance attribute that the complex forms already chosen cannot be improved to the new limit (tested in BP mode only, starting at Resonance 1, adding any complex form, then increasing Resonance). This might not be present if a character file is saved and re-loaded, though I honestly don't know.

It looks like increasing RES does increase the limit on the Complex Form from what I can see. I know some of of the Complex Forms like Simrig and Smartlink only allow up to Rating 1, so that could make it appear as though the limit is never being raised when in fact it shouldn't. Which Complex Forms are you seeing this issue with?

Edit: It looks like this happens when you have a Complex Form selected, change your RES, then try to improve the selected Complex Form. The field still things the maximum is your old RES value because a different Complex Form hasn't been selected yet. The work around for this right now is to just select a different Complex Form, then go back to the one you want to modify. This will be corrected in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 17 2011, 07:56 AM) *
The MBW should raise the Dodge Skill, not provide a pool bonus.

This is how it is working in the current build (118). It is being applied as a Rating Modifier instead of a Dice Pool Modifier. The tooltip should show it as Rating Modifier (2) or Rating Modifier (X of 2) depending on the Dodge Skill's Rating.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 17 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Surge Class II at least seems to be a point sink. I made a legal Cahracter, saved it, but when I looad it, I get the message, that I may not spend more than 35 BP on Qualities.
Martial Arts are also gone, weird.

I have the SURGE bit fixed up. It was loading the free BP Improvements that come with the Quality properly. I can't seem to reproduce the Martial Arts issue though, and it shouldn't matter if it's a character with the older or new Quality format since they're completely separate.
Burrito Al Pastor
The Uneducated quality is preventing the purchase of any technical skills but allows the purchase of technical skill groups. This is doubly wrong; it should prevent the purchase of technical skill groups, and permit the purchase of technical skills at double cost. (This is an actually-making-me-not-able-to-make-my-character issue.)

Codeblock and Codeslinger should ask for a specific action they're taken with, but they currently don't. There may be others like this.

The Natarki human metavariant should have Shiva Arms twice (for a total of three pair). Characters with Shiva Arms should be able to take Ambidexterity multiple times. Ranks, perhaps, with a maximum number of ranks of Ambidexterity equal to one plus twice the rank of Shiva Arms?

Everybody now has a Resonance and Magic of 1, greyed out? That's weird and unintuitive. (Fortunately it doesn't show up on the standard sheet.)

There's also some standing issues with optional weapon mods not being available, but that's not significant if there'll be new functionality for that in the near future to have weapon-specific options purchasable from the right-click menu like stock mods.

Also, I suspect that you can get some highly illegal results with PACKS, but I don't think that's a huge concern right now.
ShadowWalker
Could the Book and Page number be changed so that instead of displaying the Book Code it displays the book name?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Burrito Al Pastor @ Jun 18 2011, 05:07 PM) *
The Uneducated quality is preventing the purchase of any technical skills but allows the purchase of technical skill groups. This is doubly wrong; it should prevent the purchase of technical skill groups, and permit the purchase of technical skills at double cost. (This is an actually-making-me-not-able-to-make-my-character issue.)

Codeblock and Codeslinger should ask for a specific action they're taken with, but they currently don't. There may be others like this.

The Natarki human metavariant should have Shiva Arms twice (for a total of three pair). Characters with Shiva Arms should be able to take Ambidexterity multiple times. Ranks, perhaps, with a maximum number of ranks of Ambidexterity equal to one plus twice the rank of Shiva Arms?

Everybody now has a Resonance and Magic of 1, greyed out? That's weird and unintuitive. (Fortunately it doesn't show up on the standard sheet.)

There's also some standing issues with optional weapon mods not being available, but that's not significant if there'll be new functionality for that in the near future to have weapon-specific options purchasable from the right-click menu like stock mods.

Also, I suspect that you can get some highly illegal results with PACKS, but I don't think that's a huge concern right now.

Under Abilities the Nartaki only have listed one "Shiva Arms" also says in the description "(for a total of four arms)".
The over all wording for the Nartaki is bad, as I can see how it could be taken for them to have a total of six arms.
Nebular
QUOTE (Burrito Al Pastor @ Jun 18 2011, 04:07 PM) *

Wow, did I ever get that wrong. I have no idea how I did that. I'll have this fixed up for the next update.

This will likely stay how it is since disabled Attributes don't count towards anything and the minimum value for MAG/RES is technically 1 (though only if you have something that enables access to it).

Yup, you sure can, but it's a non-issue since it's pre-packaged goodies designed to make quickly slapping a character together easier for a GM. I have no plans to change how the PACKS stuff works since that's exactly how the book shows it details it. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 18 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Could the Book and Page number be changed so that instead of displaying the Book Code it displays the book name?

Yup. Likely won't be in the next update, but I'll work it in at some point.
SpellBinder
Sorry to stack onto whatever work load you have on this, but the positive quality High Pain Tolerance is stacking with a few other things that its description specifically says otherwise (namely the adept power Pain Resistance and Damage Compensator bioware; these two don't say anything about stacking with each other, though).
McDougle
Alright.

I will make a custom XML the next time. smile.gif

I didn´t even know there was a wiki. ^^

U sure r doing alot!
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 18 2011, 09:30 PM) *
This is how it is working in the current build (118). It is being applied as a Rating Modifier instead of a Dice Pool Modifier. The tooltip should show it as Rating Modifier (2) or Rating Modifier (X of 2) depending on the Dodge Skill's Rating.
*shakes fist* Darn you and your constant uptdating. wink.gif

More seriously, It's great how much time and effort you put into this project. Thanks.

I found the issue. After loading a character file the program does not update the MBW. After I ripped the 'ware out and put it back in it worked as intended.

The issue with surge however persists on old and new characters.
Fyndhal
Found another one:

Adapsin doesn't appear to be reducing the cost of Cyberware added after gaining it.

I tested in both Creation and Career mode.
McDougle
Career mode:

A mundane character should not be able to learn astral combat(or counterspelling, or tasking for that matter).

I guess this bug appears because resonance and magic appear on every charactersheat(even though they r greyed out).
Nebular
QUOTE (Fyndhal @ Jun 19 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Found another one:

Adapsin doesn't appear to be reducing the cost of Cyberware added after gaining it.

I tested in both Creation and Career mode.

Adapsin throws a number of wacky, non-standard issues into the mix. Cyberware implanted before Adapsin never has its ESS cost modified, but the cost of Cyberware after it has been implanted does. Since Chummer doesn't record the order in which things were added (since this would cause all sorts of horrible issues in Build Mod), it was eventually decided that Adapsin should unlock access to special Cyberware Grades (there was a lengthy discussion about it quite a few pages back). When a character has Adapsin, the Grade lists have a second copy of the Cyberware Grades that end with "(Adapsin)" (so you'll have Standard, Standard (Adapsin), an so on). The Categories that end with "(Adapsin)" will factor in Adapsin's discount and show that the 'Ware was implanted after Adapsin was. It's screwy, but about the only way I could reliably handle it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 19 2011, 08:10 AM) *
The issue with surge however persists on old and new characters.

Yeah, this will be fixed in the next update. It didn't know what the Free Quality BP Improvement types were and though they were Skill modifiers instead.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 19 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Career mode:

A mundane character should not be able to learn astral combat(or counterspelling, or tasking for that matter).

I guess this bug appears because resonance and magic appear on every charactersheat(even though they r greyed out).

This will be fixed in the next update. If you don't have access to the a special Attribute, the associated Skills are disabled.
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 19 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Adapsin throws a number of wacky, non-standard issues into the mix. Cyberware implanted before Adapsin never has its ESS cost modified, but the cost of Cyberware after it has been implanted does. Since Chummer doesn't record the order in which things were added (since this would cause all sorts of horrible issues in Build Mod), it was eventually decided that Adapsin should unlock access to special Cyberware Grades (there was a lengthy discussion about it quite a few pages back). When a character has Adapsin, the Grade lists have a second copy of the Cyberware Grades that end with "(Adapsin)" (so you'll have Standard, Standard (Adapsin), an so on). The Categories that end with "(Adapsin)" will factor in Adapsin's discount and show that the 'Ware was implanted after Adapsin was. It's screwy, but about the only way I could reliably handle it.

Makes perfect sense to me, thanks for clearing that up. Also, thanks for linking to the Wiki earlier! You might want to include a link to it in the Chummer Zip File as a method of providing documentation.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 19 2011, 09:50 AM) *
This will be fixed in the next update. If you don't have access to the a special Attribute, the associated Skills are disabled.

Some of the magic skills are accessible to those without magic. They just can't use them to cast spells, etc, or make foci.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 19 2011, 09:55 AM) *
Some of the magic skills are accessible to those without magic. They just can't use them to cast spells, etc, or make foci.

I'm not seeing any. The only Active Skills with MAG as a linked attribute appear under Magical Active Skill which requires the character has the Magician or Mystic Adept Quality and a MAG of 1 or greater.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 19 2011, 11:04 AM) *
I'm not seeing any. The only Active Skills with MAG as a linked attribute appear under Magical Active Skill which requires the character has the Magician or Mystic Adept Quality and a MAG of 1 or greater.

Aracana can be taken by anyone.
The Possitive Quality Astral Sight allows for a character to take Astral Combat and Assencing.
Since Enchanting requires a magic attribute of one, Astral Sight would also allow this skill as well.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 19 2011, 10:21 AM) *
Aracana can be taken by anyone.
The Possitive Quality Astral Sight allows for a character to take Astral Combat and Assencing.
Since Enchanting requires a magic attribute of one, Astral Sight would also allow this skill as well.

Arcana is a LOG Skill which means those without MAG wouldn't be restricted from taking it, and Astral Sight actually gives the character a MAG of 1 meaning that would unlock MAG Skills for them, so disabling MAG Skills for those without MAG shouldn't cause any problems. smile.gif

Which means I can do this...
Nebular
The temporary support for Quality conversion is removed in this update, so if you have any characters with the old Quality format still kicking around that you want to keep, be sure to update them before grabbing this update!

Build 121
  • removed temporary support for converting Qualities from the old format to the current format
  • removed the RES Attribute from A.I.
  • Metatypes that have an Attribute whose maximum is 0 (typically A.I.s) can now set any other Attribute to their Metatype maximum
  • Physical Attribute controls are disabled when creating an A.I.
  • free Positive Quality BP and free Negative Quality BP Improvements are now correctly loaded from saved characters
  • clicking on Add Metamagic/Add Echo in Career Mode when the character does not yet have an Initiate Grade no longer throws an error
  • added Ruger Thunderbolt w/ Smartgun Weapon (Laser Sight version was not added since the Mod can be purchased for the same price)
  • Camera, Trideo and Microphone now consume 1 slot instead of a number of slots equal to their Rating
  • underbarrel Weapons now show their halved Ammo capacity when selected, not just when reloading them
  • Complex Form Options now cost BP/Karma
  • Complex Form Options can now be improved in Career Mode
  • changing a character's RES now changes the maximum value for the Complex Form field without having to re-select a Complex Form
  • MAG and RES Active Skills are now disabled when a character does not have access to those special Attributes
  • Uneducated Negative Quality should now impact Skills and Skill Groups properly
  • added support for selecting individual aspects of Contact Connection Modifiers
  • began adding support for Expense Undo entries (see below)
Expense Undo Entries

This will be an ongoing project. By right-clicking on a Karma or Nuyen Expense, you can choose to undo the purchase. This will only be for Expenses that were created during the current session. They will not be saved with your character information, so once you have closed the character, the undo history is lost (largely to prevent undoing something done 10 game sessions ago without undoing anything else). Currently supported items - Karma: Attribute, Karma: Add Quality, Nuyen: Cyberware/Bioware, Nuyen: Gear. This only undoes the expense for the item you have selected. If you later added child items you should undo these expenses first - the undo function strictly undoes the single item that is selected, meaning anything that was added after and not undone will not be refunded. This is intended to undo your most recent few transactions only.

Outstanding Items
  • Display Full Book Name
  • House Rule: Poinwer Points from Initiation
  • Spare Clips?
  • Cheat Sheets?
  • Modular Electronics
  • Multiple Capacity Items
  • Karma/Nuyen Expense Rollback
  • House Rule: Essence Affects Maximum MAG/RES
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 19 2011, 11:24 AM) *
Arcana is a LOG Skill which means those without MAG wouldn't be restricted from taking it, and Astral Sight actually gives the character a MAG of 1 meaning that would unlock MAG Skills for them, so disabling MAG Skills for those without MAG shouldn't cause any problems. smile.gif

Astral sight doesn't open up all the skill though only some of them, and I was just pointing out Arcana because it's under the Magical Active Skills Category.
redwulf25
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 19 2011, 12:24 PM) *

I think I remember something about the MAG based skills being able to be taken as Knowledge skills by those without Magic as well. Basically representing scholarly research into the theory despite inability to practice.
SpellBinder
Yeah, that's something that usually happens after an awakened character's Magic attribute is reduced to zero. Can't remember where I read that, though. Street Magic, I think.
StevenAngier
Arcane is available to EVERYone, even complete mundane people.
ShadowWalker
Inherent Programs for AIs missing from the outstanding items list. smile.gif
Dakka Dakka
I tinkered with the program again and found another bugs:
Vashon Island's Steampunk line does not interact properly with FFBA (Full Suit at least). They should stack. Alone the clothing gives you the correct 7/7 but if you add the FFBA the sheet calculates 9/7 when it should be 13/9.

I got a few questions, too:
- is it possible to change the Metatype of a character?
- can I somehow transfer the erquipment list from one character to another?
SpellBinder
Could it also be possible to expand the free contacts house rule into the BP mode as well?

Also I think a previous post of mine got lost in the shuffle, regarding the High Pain Tolerance quality stacking with the Pain Resistance adept power (they don't, but chummer does).
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 19 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Inherent Programs for AIs missing from the outstanding items list. smile.gif

You had said that you were waiting on some sort of confirmation on how they work for Karma, so I figured I'd hold off 'til I had all of the info. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 19 2011, 04:07 PM) *
Could it also be possible to expand the free contacts house rule into the BP mode as well?

Also I think a previous post of mine got lost in the shuffle, regarding the High Pain Tolerance quality stacking with the Pain Resistance adept power (they don't, but chummer does).

Yeah, it seems kind of silly to have it limited to Karma only. I'll add it and the High Pain Tolerance thing to the list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012