Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Credstick
I found an additional bug with Packs.

I added the High Mage Attribute Pack and I added the Mystic Adapt Attribute Pack.
It allowed me to add more then one attribute pack, but it added the Magician and Mystic Adapt Positive Qualities.

Please correct this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Nebular
QUOTE (Credstick @ Aug 25 2011, 08:02 PM) *
I found an additional bug with Packs.

I added the High Mage Attribute Pack and I added the Mystic Adapt Attribute Pack.
It allowed me to add more then one attribute pack, but it added the Magician and Mystic Adapt Positive Qualities.

Please correct this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

This one probably isn't going to happen. You can also have a PACKS kit that gives you Adept, Magician, and Technomancer all in one. It's designed to let you quickly assemble chunks of a character where you can go in and fill the rest in, or remove undesired/unnecessary items as needed. The only thing it doesn't actually create multiple copies of are Spells without selectable values (like Slay [Metatype]). Outside of that, the PACKS stuff assumes that you know what you're doing and just blindly adds things. I see it more as of a tool for GMs to rapidly slap together an NPC rather than being used as an actual character-building method.

There are really two outcomes to adding say a Magician Kit then an Adept Kit.

1) Added a Magician Kit. Added an Adept Kit to get some of its other item, but now have the Adept Quality when a character normally shouldn't. Remove the Adept Quality. Carry on.

2) Added a Magician Kit. Added an Adept Kit. Get told you cannot have the Adept Quality but the rest of the items are added. Remove the Magician Quality. Add the Adept Kit again. Receive redundant copies of the items from the Kit. Remove all of the redundant junk. Carry on.

Neither is ideal.
IridiosDZ
First, I gotta say I love this program. It makes my job as GM easier.

Much thanks and praise for the fine work done here. I've been using it since about build 150.

This latest build added the ability to create custom cybersuites, but I think I have found a bug in that function.

I am creating a "cyber blogger" who has cyber eyes and cyber ears with all sorts of mods added. When I save the new cybersuite then reload it, I only get the cybereyes and ears without all the extra add ons.

And once again, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.

Iridios
rotate.gif
Marvelous Marvin
Some issues i'm found.

I can't add mods to any items under the "gear" tab.

Also when I have the "Adept" quality it gives me access to the conjuring and sorcery skill groups and their skills. I should only have access to them with the "mystic adept" and "magician" qualities.
esprism
Great job smile.gif at least a very good program

Remarks :

Eye laser microphone is 500 per level, not 5000.

Here is how it look on Windows 7 on my computer :
http://i.imgur.com/YhBUJ.png
TP13
UN 147 The Acceleration echo should give bonuses to Initiative passes and Reaction

UN 147 The Advanced Overclocking echo should give a bonus to living persona Response

There are a couple of things wrong with sprites right now. None of the autosofts are listed as programs only as gear so the CF tags go nowhere. Also a bunch of the tags for shield CFs are misspelled so they don’t go anywhere either. Also I don’t think any of the standard program options are currently written in. Here are the specific things not working correctly.

SR4A 242 Machine sprites should have all autosofts available as optional CFs

UN 155 Paladin sprites should have the expert defense autosoft available as an optional CF

UN 155 Tank sprites should have the AP-2 and rust program options seperatly attached to their two attack CFs. The Cascading autosoft should be added as an optional CF.

UN 179 Blight sprites should have the shredder program option attached to their attack CF.

UN 180 Contagion sprites should have the rust program option attached to their sttsck CF. The Shield CF should be added as an optional CF.

UN 180 Meltdown Sprites should have all autosofts available as optional CFs.

UN 181 Spike Sprites should have the psychotropic program option attached to one of their attack CFs. Cascading autosoft should be added as a CF. Shield should be added as an optional CF. I get an error message whenever I try to create a spike sprite.
cbass187
Chummer is Great Thanks Again!
I noticed when I was making an Adept that If I take Improved Reflexes 1-3 and Improved Physical Attribute Reaction that the Improved Physical Attribute doesn't transfer over.
Now I could be completely wrong but I thought that Improved Reaction Added to the base total same as Improved Reflexes, Just thought I should point it out.
Thanks Again!!
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 196')
The maximum rating of Improved Reflexes is 3, and the increase cannot be combined with technological or other magical increases to Initiative.

Wired Reflexes unfortunately tells us that indirect increases to Initiative through REA are increases to Initiative as well.
QUOTE ('SR4A p. 342')
Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers.

I know it is stupid and probably not RAI, but that is what he authors wrote.
KarmaInferno
The vast majority of GMs I've run into interpret "initiative enhancers" as "just things that grant extra IPs", though, pretty much treating the reference to Reaction Enhancers as a specific special case.

Including a number of the Shadowrun writers.

-k
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 28 2011, 04:44 AM) *
The vast majority of GMs I've run into interpret "initiative enhancers" as "just things that grant extra IPs", though, pretty much treating the reference to Reaction Enhancers as a specific special case.

Including a number of the Shadowrun writers.
I agree, that this is probably the intention and I do it in the same way at my table, but logically unless Reaction Enhancers are "a form of Initiative enhancement" the "except Reaction Enhancers", the whole sentence is nonsense.
Nebular
QUOTE (TP13 @ Aug 27 2011, 01:38 PM) *
UN 147 The Acceleration echo should give bonuses to Initiative passes and Reaction

UN 147 The Advanced Overclocking echo should give a bonus to living persona Response

Unfortunately these are not something I can put in as they are situational modifiers (Acceleration only applies to real-world actions, while Advanced Overclocking only applies in VR).
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Aug 27 2011, 03:58 AM) *
Great job smile.gif at least a very good program

Remarks :

Eye laser microphone is 500 per level, not 5000.

Here is how it look on Windows 7 on my computer :
http://i.imgur.com/YhBUJ.png

I've updated the Cyberware file to correct the price on the Eye Laser Microphone. Not entirely sure why your screen is looking like that. My first guess would be your font size, but I wouldn't think it would cause problems with the layout itself, like a few of those areas being much smaller than they should be...
esprism
You are right. It's the system font size.
Nebular
QUOTE (TP13 @ Aug 27 2011, 01:38 PM) *
There are a couple of things wrong with sprites right now. None of the autosofts are listed as programs only as gear so the CF tags go nowhere. Also a bunch of the tags for shield CFs are misspelled so they don’t go anywhere either. Also I don’t think any of the standard program options are currently written in. Here are the specific things not working correctly.
... STUFF! ...

Part of the problem was that the Agent and Drone Autosofts were just plain missing, not misspelled. smile.gif I've updated the Complex Forms data file to add these missing items. The rest will require actual updates to support Critters' (Sprites) Complex Forms data to include Program Options.
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Aug 28 2011, 02:26 PM) *
You are right. It's the system font size.

Good to know. At some point I'll look into forcing the font to be a particular size then instead of letting Windows dictate it. This has happened to a few people now. nyahnyah.gif
esprism
after adding a standard credstick ratting 0 during creation
[ Spoiler ]

(The exception is not systematic)
Labrada
Hello, this is my first post on this forum smile.gif

Thanks to a french forum (1 success to a test of investigation allows you to know that i am french^^) i have discovered Chummer last week...it's a really really great tool! love.gif

A friend and i used it with our old characters (created about 19 years ago)...our Master allowed us to have a bonus of 10% for cyberwares and biowares...i think it was an option rule in a precedent edition, or maybe just a house rule of our Master at this time : the doc could made a test for the surgery that give the bonus when successfull...

Would it be possible to add this rule in the "house rule part of chummer"?

Thanks
Jazz
A few questions/remarks :

A] The french community of Shadowrun is looking to translate Chummer but...

We're arguing about two problems :
- how can we make it compatible with english stuff (existing character sheets, omae & so on)
- how can we manage to make it compatible with the automatic db changes.

To sumurize, we came to the conclusion that the better solution would be for us to program a translation parser, with a translation .xml of ours. It would do the I/O in all the displays and printings.

We have access to the official .xls masterfile of all translations for english/french that is currently updated very frequently by the french translation team.

We have an interfacing need within the program + a language listbox need. Is it possible / easy to make that ?

We're also hoping that this would serve to make other translations aswell (for exemple german/future japoneese stuff) and make all items available from these languages to english.

B] "Enemy", for groups, is bugged. The stats of the group don't add to the Connection.
Exemple : enemy with the IRA (that I created as a +17 to connection), connection 2, incidence 1 should give 20 BP, not only 3.

C] Is it possible to / How would I change the "Starting BP", "Max avail" and "Ignore Character Creation rules" settings when a character is allready being created, without recreating him from the begining ? Even a dirty solution (notepad++) would be nice because I couldn't figure out how.

D] Right click "The GM gives that for free" would be sooooo nice (Nuyen/BP cost and maybe Karma). The item/quality/power should "ignore character creation rules" aswell.

E] An in-chummer custom item creation would be, also, sooooooo nice.

F] Clips dedication and unstack, ammo dedication and unstack. Same for RFID sensor tags.
For exemple yesterday I tried to make 3 stacks of injection darts for the same Slivergun.
First stack of 20 ammo, I choose "Heavy Pistols", then load them with some Warp toxin.
Second stack of 20 ammo, I choose "Heavy pistols" and... Got 40 ammo with Warp.

What I did was choose three differents weapons then load them with different drugs then open the .chum in notepad++, change the weapon type back to "Heavy Pistols" for the three stacks I made.

G] For lazyness purposes, could you make "Human" as an allready highlitgthed item in the "new character" second pop-in menu ?

That is all for today smile.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (esprism @ Aug 28 2011, 11:26 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]

A temp solution is either creating a custom empty credstick, or allowing a 1 nuyen credstick.
I made custom credstick but not entirelly satisfied with them (I am translating the Bitos/Glandus pack 2.0 and making them 2.5.).
All credsticks in Chummer are Ebony credstick aswell.
I'd like to create 5 credsticks and "Nuyen in credstick" item. And maybe AAA chips.
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Aug 28 2011, 05:26 PM) *

This should be fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Labrada @ Aug 30 2011, 03:51 AM) *
Hello, this is my first post on this forum smile.gif

Thanks to a french forum (1 success to a test of investigation allows you to know that i am french^^) i have discovered Chummer last week...it's a really really great tool! love.gif

A friend and i used it with our old characters (created about 19 years ago)...our Master allowed us to have a bonus of 10% for cyberwares and biowares...i think it was an option rule in a precedent edition, or maybe just a house rule of our Master at this time : the doc could made a test for the surgery that give the bonus when successfull...

Would it be possible to add this rule in the "house rule part of chummer"?

Thanks

I'm not sure if I quite understand what you're asking for... It sounds like you just need an option to reduce the Essence cost of a piece of Cyberware or Bioware by 10% on an as-needed basisc. Is that correct?
ShadowWalker
For translations I would suggest the following.

Put all of the UI text into an xml file.
Have the config window have a drop down for languages with the default being either English or the O/S language.
Have the language added into the file name of each of the xml files. So ui.english.xml or ui.french.xml.
Use the ui files to populate the languages drop down.
Use the data files with the appropriate language in it's name.
So if french is selected then use armor.french.xml and so on.

This way the files are not dependent on being directly part of chummer but more like custom files, but this would allow for multiple languages at the same time.
Could just use custom files directly and X out the books that are not the language you want, but that doesn't change the ui. So the ui text would need to go into a file and be loaded on execution or on language change.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 30 2011, 04:43 AM) *
A few questions/remarks :

A] The french community of Shadowrun is looking to translate Chummer but...

We're arguing about two problems :
- how can we make it compatible with english stuff (existing character sheets, omae & so on)
- how can we manage to make it compatible with the automatic db changes.

To sumurize, we came to the conclusion that the better solution would be for us to program a translation parser, with a translation .xml of ours. It would do the I/O in all the displays and printings.

We have access to the official .xls masterfile of all translations for english/french that is currently updated very frequently by the french translation team.

We have an interfacing need within the program + a language listbox need. Is it possible / easy to make that ?

We're also hoping that this would serve to make other translations aswell (for exemple german/future japoneese stuff) and make all items available from these languages to english.

I'd really like to update Chummer to work with multiple languages, and I've been getting more and more requests to translate it to German. Everyone has been asking for the source code though which isn't a feasible solution as there would then be different versions floating around - English version is at build Y, meanwhile the German version is updated independently and is only at version X because it takes a while for translations. What I'd like to do instead is put all of the language strings into a language-specific XML file. This would mean that only a single version of the application would need to exist, and people just need to provide translations for new strings as needed (with it falling back to English if a translated version isn't available). There are a few big problems with this.

1) There are a large number of strings in the application and pulling them all out, indexing them, and dumping them into an XML file is going to take a long time (and is about as fun as watching paint dry). This would also hold up any other updates as this is an all-or-nothing sort of change and cannot be released half-done. There are no critical bugs right now, so perhaps this is the best time to do it.

2) This only addresses the application. The data files and character sheet files would still be in English. I don't know if that would be a problem or not, but I have no idea how to handle this if they would need to be in another language as they're replaced with each data/character sheet file update. My first thought is to provide identifier keys for all of the items, but that is a massive amount of work, would require a lot of stuff to be re-written, and would break every save file, so it's not really a solution as far as I'm concerned.

Omae service itself shouldn't be a concern. It doesn't return any strings, only a status which the application interprets into a message, so those would be a part of the translated strings. The only snag is things like Qualities and Metatypes, if translated into another language, would not be translated back to English when someone searches.
Labrada
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2011, 03:22 PM) *
I'm not sure if I quite understand what you're asking for... It sounds like you just need an option to reduce the Essence cost of a piece of Cyberware or Bioware by 10% on an as-needed basisc. Is that correct?

yes exactly
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Aug 30 2011, 08:28 AM) *
For translations I would suggest the following.

Put all of the UI text into an xml file.
Have the config window have a drop down for languages with the default being either English or the O/S language.
Have the language added into the file name of each of the xml files. So ui.english.xml or ui.french.xml.
Use the ui files to populate the languages drop down.
Use the data files with the appropriate language in it's name.
So if french is selected then use armor.french.xml and so on.

This way the files are not dependent on being directly part of chummer but more like custom files, but this would allow for multiple languages at the same time.
Could just use custom files directly and X out the books that are not the language you want, but that doesn't change the ui. So the ui text would need to go into a file and be loaded on execution or on language change.

Custom data files would work, but if something like Full Body Armor needs its values updated, you end up duplicating a bunch of work and the information has a chance of getting out-of-synch (English file is updated but the French one isn't for example). I *think* having a translation file for each type (like armor.french.xml) containing the English name and the translated value might work though. It would just read through the appropriate file and display the translated name if available instead, but keep the English name in the save file so you can change the language and have the item's name translate with it...
Nebular
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Aug 25 2011, 09:41 PM) *
I am creating a "cyber blogger" who has cyber eyes and cyber ears with all sorts of mods added. When I save the new cybersuite then reload it, I only get the cybereyes and ears without all the extra add ons.

Well that was smart. I apparently forgot to put in the code that actually writes out the plugin information, so it was only ever recording the base Cybereyes piece and nothing else. This will be fixed in the next update (you'll need to re-create the Cyberware Suite once the update is available).
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 30 2011, 04:43 AM) *
C] Is it possible to / How would I change the "Starting BP", "Max avail" and "Ignore Character Creation rules" settings when a character is allready being created, without recreating him from the begining ? Even a dirty solution (notepad++) would be nice because I couldn't figure out how.

You can modify the save file to update these values. Starting BP is found in the <bp> tag. Max Avail is <maxavail>. Ignore Rules is a special tag that only exists in the save file if it is turned on. Place <ignorerules>True</ignorerules> between <playername> and <karma> to enable it.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2011, 02:43 PM) *
I'd really like to update Chummer to work with multiple languages, and I've been getting more and more requests to translate it to German. Everyone has been asking for the source code though which isn't a feasible solution as there would then be different versions floating around - English version is at build Y, meanwhile the German version is updated independently and is only at version X

We agree and we came with a solution that overrides that problem.

because it takes a while for translations.

Yes and no. As I said, we've got access to an offical french xls master file.

When you write rpg, the main editor always have a file like this to show the official names they invented. In french rpg edition, these are usually called "bible".
Shadowrun is being translated by a french team. Each time they have to translate a gameplay element, they got used to put their translation in a single file like that.

We have this file, it's a xls. If we want a french.xml with "<English>Edge</English><Translation>Chance</Translation>", it's a matter of 10 minutes.

"If I were the german editor", I would have the same file somewhere.

What I'd like to do instead is put all of the language strings into a language-specific XML file. This would mean that only a single version of the application would need to exist, and people just need to provide translations for new strings as needed (with it falling back to English if a translated version isn't available).
We came with the same conclusions.
There are a few big problems with this.

1) There are a large number of strings in the application and pulling them all out, indexing them, and dumping them into an XML file is going to take a long time (and is about as fun as watching paint dry). This would also hold up any other updates as this is an all-or-nothing sort of change and cannot be released half-done. There are no critical bugs right now, so perhaps this is the best time to do it.
As I said, I only see some small problems coming with the indexation.

In this files there's indexes, but not Chummer's.
More like : found in "Arsenal", it's an "Equipement". Not a very precise Arsenal p.53 and it's a Weapon upgrade thingy like in chummer.

Maybe we could cross-reference chummer's xml with our xls. It should be easy if you have chummer's xlm in xls form.

2) This only addresses the application. The data files and character sheet files would still be in English. I don't know if that would be a problem or not, but I have no idea how to handle this if they would need to be in another language as they're replaced with each data/character sheet file update. My first thought is to provide identifier keys for all of the items, but that is a massive amount of work, would require a lot of stuff to be re-written, and would break every save file, so it's not really a solution as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really understand the problem as I'm not in Chummer's secrets.

We had the idea of having a second parser after Chummer's main parser.

When Chummer read in a xml in the purpose of affiching a value, it makes his job as usual but before affiching he use a/our translating module. The translating module would be the same as your main reader module, but he would search in french_gear.xml or german_gear.xml instead of searching in gear.xml for exemple. Then he returns the name to affich or work with.

translating module : input = the name to search, the language

French_gear.xml only contains the names in english, the supplement names, the reference and the names in french, no stats. Stats of items only exists in gear.xml

To summurize, you would have to do this second parsing (ie translate) each time you are not writing in a datafile. that way : When I create a charcter in my french language, the character is saved in a format that a user in english or a user in german can read and affich.

And the same if an english super cool man wrote a character megapack with new super awesome equipement. French/german would still be able to read it and use it, since that megapack (maybe it's allready made) have english data in it.

Of course, custom item would still be in english, but "who cares for a few items when you have 90% of them listed rigth as you want" smile.gif

And also, of course, the notes would still be in french, no magic here.

Omae service itself shouldn't be a concern. It doesn't return any strings, only a status which the application interprets into a message, so those would be a part of the translated strings. The only snag is things like Qualities and Metatypes, if translated into another language, would not be translated back to English when someone searches.

Again, I don understand very well because you're the only to be in Chummer's dirty secrets smile.gif (and we don't want to interfere)
Jazz
(double post)
Jazz
Also, look, we found differences in a few more xml items :

CODE
        <quality>
            <name>Adept</name>
            <bp>5</bp>
            <category>Positive</category>
            <bonus>
                <addattribute>
                    <name>MAG</name>
                    <min>1</min>
                    <max>6</max>
                    <aug>6</aug>
                    <val>1</val>
                </addattribute>
                <enabletab>
                    <name>adept</name>
                </enabletab>
            </bonus>
            <forbidden>
                <oneof>
                    <quality>Magician</quality>
                    <quality>Mystic Adept</quality>
                    <quality>Technomancer</quality>
                </oneof>
            </forbidden>
            <source>SR4</source>
            <page>90</page>
        </quality>

=>
* we would want to translate Adept to Adepte (since it's displayed)
* also categories migth be something we'd like to translate (since it's in the search drop boxes)
* Source aswell (since some book have different names, like Street Magic which is "La Magie des Ombres" in french (Shadows' magic). SM got translated by MdO (see below, it's not entirelly the same books)
* Page : Something can be for exemple in Arsenal in english @ page 100 and in french or german at page 105 (we've got the german stuff + french extras like french cities (for exemple Marseille, where one of the biggest VIP of SR lives nyahnyah.gif) or extra scenario in Ghost Cartel + sometimes some pdf in our books nyahnyah.gif + erratas since the english book is out...

I think the french edition is the most complete edition ever nyahnyah.gif... The price ? In autumn we'll be having Running Wild :/

We have also supplements that you english guys don't have : S.O.X., and the "Shadowrun Vintage" books, which are a translations of the best extracts of old SR1/2/3 stuff which have never found a translation in french.
I don't remember if the playing stuff in them have been adapted for SR4 (my reading is late of lots of books).
Nebular
For now, at least, I'm going to limit it to just translations of application strings themselves. Data is a seperate beast entirely and introduces a larger number of problems (and a lot of stuff is keyed on this like Category names and Grade name). Once piece at a time. smile.gif
Nebular
Build 184
  • corrected an issue with Spirits and Sprites that had any Attribute, Skill, or Complex Form with a Rating expression that involved division
  • window contents should no longer be affected by the selected text size in Windows
  • setting a Credstick's Rating to 0 no longer throws an error
  • added support for specifying Program Options for Complex Forms to metatypes.xml and critters.xml
  • added support for specifying a Program Category for Optional Complex Forms to metatypes.xml and critters.xml
  • plugins are now saved when creating a custom Cyberware Suite
Labrada
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2011, 03:22 PM) *

yes that's it...do you think it's possible easily?
thanks
Nebular
QUOTE (Labrada @ Aug 30 2011, 04:44 PM) *
yes that's it...do you think it's possible easily?
thanks

I think so. It will be a little while before it gets put in though. I've started working on translating the interface and there's really no turning back from that, so all of that needs to get done before I can make any other changes.
Labrada
oki, your work is awesome and i'm really glad too for the translation smile.gif
baronspam
I tried to download this twice today and I got about 2/3 of the file and it stalled out. Any suggestions? Is there a better link than the one from the start of the thread?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2011, 03:37 PM) *
For now, at least, I'm going to limit it to just translations of application strings themselves. Data is a seperate beast entirely and introduces a larger number of problems (and a lot of stuff is keyed on this like Category names and Grade name). Once piece at a time. smile.gif

yeah, you would end up having to change to a category id and a display name, or something like that.
baronspam
QUOTE (Labrada @ Aug 30 2011, 10:32 PM) *
oki, your work is awesome and i'm really glad too for the translation smile.gif

Never mind, third time was the charm.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2011, 10:52 PM) *
I've started working on translating the interface and there's really no turning back from that, so all of that needs to get done before I can make any other changes.

You do speak french/german or you are "xmling" the text of menus ?
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 30 2011, 07:15 PM) *
You do speak french/german or you are "xmling" the text of menus ?

All of the strings are being moved to an XML file. The basic structure will be
CODE
<string>
   <key>Label_Metatype</key>
   <text>Metatype:</text>
</string>

where key is the internal identifier that cannot be changed, and text is the literal value for the given language. If a language-specific version of a string isn't found (for example new strings that have not been translated), the application falls back to English for it. This will apply to all Window titles, Labels, Checkboxes, Buttons, Menus, ToolTips, and TreeView root Nodes. The XML file has comments to indicate that a given section of strings applies to a particular Window and I'm trying to make the keys fairly self-documenting. A number of the strings will contain C-style slugs like {0} and {1} to act as placeholders for values. For example, a ToolTip for improving an Attribute would be written as "Improve to {0} for {1} Karma", and the app would replace {0} and {1} with the appropriate values (so it would be displayed as "Improve to 4 for 20 Karma" for example).
Jazz
Ok, that's great !

When you will have the definitive version of this xml, you'll have a french language version within a few days smile.gif

When you'll attack the datafile can-of-worm, the same few days, without pages, indexing and so on in a first version (so, yeah, you'll want the "if something isn't found in the language translating file, get english'" condition).

If you want info on the "bible" file we have acess to, here's the structure of it and some few exemples just for you to make an idea :
CODE
VO                    VF                                        Catégorie        Sous-catégorie        Sous-sous-catégorie    Livre
Adept                Adepte                                        trait            avantage            -                        SR4
cyberarm            bras cybernétique                                équipement    cyberware            somatoware                SR4
Cyberarm Gyromount    monture gyroscopique pour bras cybernétique    équipement        -                -                        SR4

Another question : do you have international character support ? Characters like é à è ë ä ï ç â ê î ô û for french for exemple ? Or german or japoneese charcters ?
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 31 2011, 04:06 AM) *
Another question : do you have international character support ? Characters like é à è ë ä ï ç â ê î ô û for french for exemple ? Or german or japoneese charcters ?

Yup, everything should support Unicode characters. There are a few item names with those accents and a couple of character in Omae that use Kanji (one of the Japanese character sets), so everything should be OK.
Overture
I signed up just so that I could thank you for this. This program is absolutely amazing (and pointed out a few errors I made in bookkeeping by hand!) Thank you SO much.
KeyMasterOfGozer
I know you have your hands full with the Multi-Language thing, but I have a few minor requests to add to the list.

1) Initiative and IP for a Magician with the spell Increased Reflexes should probably have an Augmented note showing like Inititative: 9(13) IP: 1(4)

2) This is a House Rule, but if it would be possible to accommodate, I would appreciate...
We add cyberware and racial bonuses after we purchase attribute points. So, for instance when you start a Human, you get a bonus +1 to Edge. According to RAW, if you want to buy one more point of Edge, you have to pay 15karma (going from 2->3). The way we play it, you would only pay 10karma (as if going from 1->2). This means it is the same difficulty for a Troll to put 6 points into STR and for a Human to do so, then Troll gets his +4 after (plus 'ware and stuff). I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but I think it is a pretty common house rule.
KeyMasterOfGozer
Ok, another request for the Options...

You have an Optional Rule "Metatypes cost Karma equal to their BP"....
Normally 1 BP is about equivalent to 2 Karma.
We have always used "Metatypes cost Karma equal to twice their BP".

I have only made Humans thus far in Chummer and didn't notice the difference before.
esprism
The actual rule says 1BP=1Karma for metatype (karma creation from Runner's Companion, maybe there's an errata in English version).
Humbug Hermit
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 2 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Ok, another request for the Options...

You have an Optional Rule "Metatypes cost Karma equal to their BP"....
Normally 1 BP is about equivalent to 2 Karma.
We have always used "Metatypes cost Karma equal to twice their BP".

I have only made Humans thus far in Chummer and didn't notice the difference before.

The default Karmagen rules in the English version of the Runners Companion say that a players metatype costs nothing when using karmagen.

The optional rule comes from the German errata where BP cost for metatype is equal to Karma cost at a 1:1 ratio.

QUOTE (German Errata)
p.41 Karma Character Generation Table
The Karma Cost for Metatype (shapeshifter type, etc.) should be “As BP*.”
The Karma Cost for improving an attribute by 1 should be “New rating x 5.”

p.42 Step 1: Choose Your Metatype or Other Character Race Option
The first paragraph should read:
“First you must choose metatype or other alternative character concept (i.e. shapeshifter, AI, sasquatch, etc.); the Karma cost for metatype or race is equal to the BP cost for that metatype or option (i.e. if a race costs 10 BP, in Karmagen it costs 10 Karma); the BP cost should be noted as it is important for Step 3. The Metatype Attribute Table (see p. 70 and p.73, SR4) or the relevant table in the section describing the new character races in this book provide your character’s starting and maximum attribute ratings.”

p.42 Step 5: Convert Your Karma to Nuyen
The second line should read:
“A maximum of 100 Karma may be converted to nuyen in this fashion, or 120 if the character has the Born Rich quality (p.96).”

p.43 Focus Bonding Table
The Karma Cost for weapon foci should be “3 x Force.”
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (esprism @ Sep 2 2011, 11:29 AM) *
The actual rule says 1BP=1Karma for metatype (karma creation from Runner's Companion, maybe there's an errata in English version).

QUOTE (Humbug Hermit @ Sep 2 2011, 12:31 PM) *
The default Karmagen rules in the English version of the Runners Companion say that a players metatype costs nothing when using karmagen.

The optional rule comes from the German errata where BP cost for metatype is equal to Karma cost at a 1:1 ratio.

Correct. This is why I am asking for our house rule to be implemented as an option, which I think is better than these other 2 options.
EpicSpire
a friend of mine just downloaded Chummer and installed the program. When he opened the program it looked like this:

[IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1593/srchargenissue.gif[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the circled parts are cut off. It works fine on my computer, but he has problems with it. he wanted me to ask if there is anything he can do to fix this. Does Chummer use Java or Flash or anything that he may need to update or if anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it.

Thanks

EDIT: i apparently can't post images on this forum, sorry.. the link is to my image shack account.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 2 2011, 03:34 PM) *
a friend of mine just downloaded Chummer and installed the program. When he opened the program it looked like this:

[IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1593/srchargenissue.gif[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the circled parts are cut off. It works fine on my computer, but he has problems with it. he wanted me to ask if there is anything he can do to fix this. Does Chummer use Java or Flash or anything that he may need to update or if anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it.

Thanks

EDIT: i apparently can't post images on this forum, sorry.. the link is to my image shack account.

check the display settings and see what the text size is set to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012