Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
Translation stuff is one step closer to being done! There's not a huge amount left, but it'll still be a while. Figured it's best to get some of the critical changes I made tested now to make sure I haven't broken anything. biggrin.gif

Build 211
  • added support for <judgeintentions /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Judge Intentions Special Attribute Test
  • added support for <liftandcarry /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Lift and Carry Special Attribute Test
  • added support for <memory /> to the Improvement Manager which improves a character's Memory Special Attribute Test
  • added Judge Intentions bonus to Kinesics Adept Power
  • Gear items no longer lose their context menus as a result of drag-and-drop
  • entering a blank name when adding a new Location is now treated in the same manner as clicking Cancel
  • moving a piece of Gear using drag-and-drop now marks a character as having unsaved changes
  • adding a Location now marks a character as having unsaved changes
  • +/- now appear next to Locations when they have Gear to allow them to be expanded and collapsed as desired
  • Free Spirit Critter Powers are now only available for Free Spirits
  • Emergent Critter Powers are now only available to Sprites and A.I.s
  • Shapeshifter Critter Powers are now only available to Shapeshifters
  • Select PACKS Kit window now displays Negative Qualities that are a part of the selected Kit
  • Hacked software no longer adds the Copy Protection and Registration plugins
  • Add Location button now repositions itself to avoid overlapping with other buttons
  • corrected the logic for calculating Essence Loss and maximum Essence which was causing characters with an Infected Quality to incorrectly report spending BP on their first point of MAG and Cyberzombies from receiving the correct bonuses/penalties to their Attributes
  • Initiation/Submersion Grade names now read from the language file
New Strings
  • String_Varies
  • String_Grade
  • String_Network
  • String_Group
  • String_Task
  • String_Ordeal
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 2 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Translation stuff is one step closer to being done!
\o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/

The commlink+os in a deleted location bug is still there.

Preparing translation.
Nebular
French language file has been update.
Elfy
Under free knowledge skills, in Security Companies, Knight Errant is spelt Knight Errand

Under vehicle modifications, the Electromagnetic Shielding is greyed out and doesn't work right even though the book says 'All'
Nebular
QUOTE (Elfy @ Oct 2 2011, 07:20 PM) *
Under free knowledge skills, in Security Companies, Knight Errant is spelt Knight Errand

Under vehicle modifications, the Electromagnetic Shielding is greyed out and doesn't work right even though the book says 'All'

Skills and Vehicles files have been updated to correct these.
Aloysius
Hello,

Great work. I found some bugs:

Firearms skills tool tip error
The firearms skills (Pistols, long arms, automatics, heavy weapon) tool tip is not displaying that smartlink bonus is added if you have not bought points in the skill and have some smartlink gear.

Smartlink bonus not on character sheet
The bonus displays in the program, but not on the character sheet.

Modular plug-ins
The section of Modular Plug-ins shouldn’t be available accept as plug-ins for cyberlimbs that have the Cyberlimb implant (AU p 46 Implant Table) installed. Not sure if you can do that.

Power foci
Power foci are not adding to magical skill dice pools.

Weapon foci
I get an error when I go to check the weapon focus in the Bonded Foci box on the Gear tab of the Street Gear page. Error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.treFoci_BeforeCheck(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnBeforeCheck(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TreeViewBeforeCheck(TreeNode node, TreeViewAction actionTaken)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.211
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.211
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bill7/Documents/Word/Gaming/Shadowrun/Char%20Gen/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

PresentPresence
I have used Damien Knight's CG spreadsheet for a long time, and now that I've had experience with Chummer, I think I prefer it over the spreadsheet.

One area that I think could be improved is the way Gear is organized. I would like the option to sort all gear alphabetically or by "section" i.e. B&E Tools, Foci, Ammunition. Improved drag n' drop functionality would also be appreciated. For example, if I had a backpack, I would like to be able to drag n' drop various pieces of gear into it, or to put ammo into spare clips.
One more thing that would really be icing on the cake would be a "custom item", that costs 1 nuyen and allows you to put a title into it, like "Custom Item (TMNT Action Figure)" or whatever. This way, you could have quantity represent the cost, and the item's name would be visible in the list.
ChatNoir
You can create groups / bags or whatever in the gear section, it's called Location. You can give it a name or not and move stuff in different places. If you have a lot of stuff, just shrink a bag and open it when you need the stuff inside. wink.gif
PresentPresence
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Oct 3 2011, 12:28 PM) *
You can create groups / bags or whatever in the gear section, it's called Location. You can give it a name or not and move stuff in different places. If you have a lot of stuff, just shrink a bag and open it when you need the stuff inside. wink.gif

Is that relatively new? Regardless, its hawt. Thanks for the illumination!
Ed_209a
I think I found a new bug in Adept powers.

I choose Improved Physical Attribute, with the default power rating 1. The program displays "x 0.75 / level = 1.50"

It looks like the program thinks I want one more level than what I am selecting.

BTW, I updated today.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Oct 3 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I think I found a new bug in Adept powers.

I choose Improved Physical Attribute, with the default power rating 1. The program displays "x 0.75 / level = 1.50"

It looks like the program thinks I want one more level than what I am selecting.

BTW, I updated today.
This is because the adept power has a variable cost per level. As long as the power does not bring your total attribute above your natural maximum it is 0,75*level. Above the natural maximum it is twice the cost or 1.5*level.
Ed_209a
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 3 2011, 04:06 PM) *
This is because the adept power has a variable cost per level. As long as the power does not bring your total attribute above your natural maximum it is 0,75*level. Above the natural maximum it is twice the cost or 1.5*level.

That was it. I thought I could still augment to 9 from a 5 natural stat...
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Oct 3 2011, 10:46 PM) *
That was it. I thought I could still augment to 9 from a 5 natural stat...
You can, but it costs 0.75+3*1.5=5.25
KeyMasterOfGozer
This is a pie in the sky request. I don't expect this to have any priority. In a perfect world...

Now that you added the amazing Location feature to the gear area (I'm working on XSLT to show items in the Locations, I'll give it to you when I'm finished), It would make my experience perfect if I could divide item stacks. By that I mean, say if I have purchased 60 rounds of ammo, I would like to be able to divide it into 2 stacks, so that I could put some in my Backpack Location, and some in my Apartment Location.
Nebular
It's finally finished! It probably doesn't mean much to most people, but data translation support is finally implemented! biggrin.gif Time to go flop on the couch and be a vegetable for the night as a reward! The quick translation info can be found on the Language Support page on the Chummer Wiki.

Build 213
  • added support for translating core data
  • Smartlink bonus should always appear in an Active Skill's tooltip if applicable
  • Smartlink bonus is included in Dice Pool and Total for Active Skills on printouts if applicable
  • checking and unchecking Foci in the Bonded Foci list should no longer throw errors
  • fixed an issue where attempting to select or add a Cyberware Suite that contained anything with Second-Hand or Adapsin in its Grade would throw an error
  • selecting a Martial Art Advantage or Martial Art Maneuver now show the sourcebook and page number for the item
New Strings
  • String_WeaponAccessory
  • String_WeaponModification
  • String_ExternalSource
  • String_VehicleModification
  • String_VehicleWeapon
  • String_VehicleWeaponAccessory
  • String_VehicleWeaponModification
  • String_UnnamedCharacter
  • String_UnarmedAttack
  • String_Unarmed
  • String_LivingPersona
  • String_BiofeedbackFilter
  • String_Commlink
  • String_CommlinkOperatingSystem
  • String_LivingPersonaGear
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Oct 3 2011, 06:10 PM) *
This is a pie in the sky request. I don't expect this to have any priority. In a perfect world...

Now that you added the amazing Location feature to the gear area (I'm working on XSLT to show items in the Locations, I'll give it to you when I'm finished), It would make my experience perfect if I could divide item stacks. By that I mean, say if I have purchased 60 rounds of ammo, I would like to be able to divide it into 2 stacks, so that I could put some in my Backpack Location, and some in my Apartment Location.

Yeah, I'm starting to see the need for splitting stack a little more. I'm going to have to re-think how I'm doing Gear purchases since, at the moment, buying a type of Ammo you already have (matching name and Weapon Category) just adds to the existing stack if it's already there.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 3 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Yeah, I'm starting to see the need for splitting stack a little more. I'm going to have to re-think how I'm doing Gear purchases since, at the moment, buying a type of Ammo you already have (matching name and Weapon Category) just adds to the existing stack if it's already there.

I see, yes, I ran into that on my manual work-a-round. smile.gif I was able to make stacks by manually editing the .chum file in Notepad++, but that's probably not optimal for the average user. Like I said, no rush for me, as I can work around it.
Kirk
When I put a note on a piece of gear (or anything else) it doesn't print or display anywhere I can find, nor is there any indicator I can find that the note exists except remembering to open that particular note.

It isn't a critical issue as I can just use the notes block of character info. I'll class it as Nice to Have once the important stuff is done.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Oct 3 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Now that you added the amazing Location feature to the gear area (I'm working on XSLT to show items in the Locations, I'll give it to you when I'm finished)

I ran into a problem while working on the XSLT... small matter that Location doesn't make it to the XML file that the print-out produces. smile.gif

I was looking at the .chum file and saw the location node, and I have been beating my head against the wall for an hour trying to figure out when the location wasn't showing up in the print. smile.gif

One other UI item... I can't order the Locations in the gear list. It only shows locations in the order you add them, and there is no way that I see to remove them either.
Diabolos
A quick kudo to Nebular for all the hard work on Chummer!

Now, on to the bugs!

1. The Registration option for Software shouldn't come in different ratings.
2a. The 3 suites (Basic User, Basic+, Pro User) under Matrix Programs automatically come with Copy Protection and Registration options, even though the individual programs for the suites already have those options as well.
2b. The Copy Protection option listed under the Suites has no rating, causing a "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum' Error when you click on the option.
2c. If you add one of the 3 Matrix Program suites as a plugin to a commlink, the Copy Protection and Registration options under the Suite goes away when you close and re-open the character. This does not happen if you add the suite as gear, i.e. not under an existing commlink.
3. The Progam Packages category should be available to be added as a plugin to a Commlink.
4. When you're dragging and dropping gear items to re-arrange them, if you drag and drop an item as if you're trying to add it as a sub-item to a piece of gear, the program hangs.
Steps to recreate:
1. Add a gear item, a CMT Clip commlink.
2. Add a the Basic Userprogram suite to the commlink as a plugin.
3. Add another gear item, an EMP grenade.
4. Make sure all nodes under the CMT Clip commlink are fully expanded and drag and drop the EMP Grenade under the Suite: Basic User line. Chummer should hang with the drag cursor still active.
5. The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapons modifications don't actually modify the cost of other mods to the same weapon.
6. Battle Rifles isn't one of the listed Specializations under the Automatics skill.

And one small question:
Would you accept monetary donations in appreciation of your work on Chummer?

EpicSpire
I just made a Lifestyle and got the following error:

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedLifestyle()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.treLifestyles_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Chummer
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.213
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.213
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/EpicSpire/Downloads/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

the life style had:

No Neighbors
Easy going landlord
Security Conscious
Inconspicous Housing (physical)
Workplace

No forwarding address
this isn't Big Bob's Auto
Rough Neighborhood

all aspects are middle except for neighborhood which is Low

Name is: Converted Factory.
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Oct 3 2011, 11:05 PM) *
I just made a Lifestyle and got the following error:

Turns out this happens with all Advanced Lifesteyles. When a new Advanced Lifestyle is added, some of the information isn't being attached to the tree node properly. I'll have this corrected in the next update. As a temporary work-around, you can save the character, close them, and then re-open it. The information is being properly attached when loading a character with an Advanced Lifestyle, just not when it's newly added. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Oct 3 2011, 07:43 PM) *
I ran into a problem while working on the XSLT... small matter that Location doesn't make it to the XML file that the print-out produces. smile.gif

I was looking at the .chum file and saw the location node, and I have been beating my head against the wall for an hour trying to figure out when the location wasn't showing up in the print. smile.gif

One other UI item... I can't order the Locations in the gear list. It only shows locations in the order you add them, and there is no way that I see to remove them either.

I'll add the location element to the Gear printout in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Kirk @ Oct 3 2011, 07:37 PM) *
When I put a note on a piece of gear (or anything else) it doesn't print or display anywhere I can find, nor is there any indicator I can find that the note exists except remembering to open that particular note.

It isn't a critical issue as I can just use the notes block of character info. I'll class it as Nice to Have once the important stuff is done.

Notes are part of the information that is generated in the print XML, but none of the character sheets currently use it. I'll add this to my list o' stuff.
ChatNoir
About the Note stuff, it would be nice to have some visual indication when there is a note on an item, a place, etc. Same thing for contacts, there is a nice icon but it's the same whether the note is empty or if there's information inside.
Nebular
QUOTE (Diabolos @ Oct 3 2011, 07:50 PM) *
A quick kudo to Nebular for all the hard work on Chummer!

Now, on to the bugs!

1. The Registration option for Software shouldn't come in different ratings.
2a. The 3 suites (Basic User, Basic+, Pro User) under Matrix Programs automatically come with Copy Protection and Registration options, even though the individual programs for the suites already have those options as well.
2b. The Copy Protection option listed under the Suites has no rating, causing a "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum' Error when you click on the option.
2c. If you add one of the 3 Matrix Program suites as a plugin to a commlink, the Copy Protection and Registration options under the Suite goes away when you close and re-open the character. This does not happen if you add the suite as gear, i.e. not under an existing commlink.
3. The Progam Packages category should be available to be added as a plugin to a Commlink.
4. When you're dragging and dropping gear items to re-arrange them, if you drag and drop an item as if you're trying to add it as a sub-item to a piece of gear, the program hangs.
Steps to recreate:
1. Add a gear item, a CMT Clip commlink.
2. Add a the Basic Userprogram suite to the commlink as a plugin.
3. Add another gear item, an EMP grenade.
4. Make sure all nodes under the CMT Clip commlink are fully expanded and drag and drop the EMP Grenade under the Suite: Basic User line. Chummer should hang with the drag cursor still active.
5. The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapons modifications don't actually modify the cost of other mods to the same weapon.
6. Battle Rifles isn't one of the listed Specializations under the Automatics skill.

And one small question:
Would you accept monetary donations in appreciation of your work on Chummer?

I've updated the Skills file to include Battle Rifles as a Specialization for Assault Rifles, and Gear to correct the Cost and Ratings of number of Program Options as well as giving Commlinks access to the Program Packages Category. The rest will be addressed in the next update as they are changes to the code.

As far as Ceramic and Plasteel Components are concerned, they seem to be working properly from what I can see. Their price is based off the Weapon's base price (not include any other Accessories or Mods), and the cost of other Accessories/Mods are not impacted by other items.

Donations? I've had a few people ask about that now. I'm still trying to decide if I want to or not. The only thing that's really keeping me from doing it is that (based on past observations elsewhere - I'm not trying to say this would be the case here) people sometimes get this notion that it's now paid software and that they're entitled to certain things or that their issues should now carry more weight, nor do I want it to appear that I'm playing favourites in terms of addressing some issues before others. I'll take a little more time to think about it and post something here if I decide to go along with it.
Jazz
* Item miss in armor.xml : Victory Industrious helmet
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 4 2011, 10:31 AM) *
* Item miss in armor.xml : Victory Industrious helmet

Updated the Armor file to move Victory: Industrious Hard Hat and Zoe: Moonsilver Scarf from Mods to Armor. This should be the last of the items that never made the transition from Mods to proper pieces of Armor. smile.gif
Jazz
ok nice. Please don't forget to tell if you update things like that (or I'll miss them) or if item's names changes eventually.

I'm about to finish armor.xml, it's not as easy as I though :/
skills.xml is done too but there's a lot of missing things (specs, exotics skills and knowledge skills)

I don't know why this exotic melee weapon skill keeps poping on each charcters I have :/
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 4 2011, 12:09 PM) *
ok nice. Please don't forget to tell if you update things like that (or I'll miss them) or if item's names changes eventually.

I'm about to finish armor.xml, it's not as easy as I though :/
skills.xml is done too but there's a lot of missing things (specs, exotics skills and knowledge skills)

Exotic Skills are in the skills.xml file. They're the last 3 items in the Active Skills list (since they're Active Skills anyways) and identified by <exotic>Yes</exotic> (just before <skillgroup />). Only Exotic Skills have the <exotic> tag and there are only 3 of them (Exotic Melee Weapon, Exotic Ranged Weapon, and Pilot Exotic Vehicle).

I know I mentioned this in PM, but I'll mention it here as well so anyone else who might look at doing translation stuff sees it as well: Specializations will not be translated. The list that is in the Skills file is just a list of suggestions. The player/GM is free to enter whatever they like Specialization field for Active and Knowledge skills.
Jazz
Hmm... the hard hat should be moved to helmets I guess...
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 2 2011, 04:57 PM) *
Forgot all about that. Along with the Judge Intentions Improvement, I'll also add support for Lift and Carry and Memory Improvements for the next update should anyone decide they want to create custom items that affect those.

Appreciate it! Has catalyst come out of the wood work and offered to buy chummer yet?
Jazz
I think there's a problem in the way you handle translated lists.

I'll give you a file, it contains armor.xml and skills.xml. For skills, it makes an exotic skill under any charcter's skill list, and if you try to add an armor, you'll see "armure" and "armor" at the end of the list. I'm quite sure that don't comes from "my" translated armor.xml and item.xml.

Hold a sec, I give you the file.
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ Oct 4 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Appreciate it! Has catalyst come out of the wood work and offered to buy chummer yet?

Hah, I wish! They're too busy backing those other guys. wink.gif
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 4 2011, 06:19 PM) *
Hah, I wish! They're too busy backing those other guys. wink.gif

Near-sighted on their part. Thought about chummer as a mobile ap?
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 4 2011, 01:18 PM) *
I think there's a problem in the way you handle translated lists.

I'll give you a file, it contains armor.xml and skills.xml. For skills, it makes an exotic skill under any charcter's skill list, and if you try to add an armor, you'll see "armure" and "armor" at the end of the list. I'm quite sure that don't comes from "my" translated armor.xml and item.xml.

Hold a sec, I give you the file.

I'm not seeing a problem. Armor also looks fine when I add it andt he Skills list ends with VetTech (Technologie vétérinaire) properly with no Exotic Skills mixed in there. Could you give me a screenshot that shows what is appearing weird for you?
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ Oct 4 2011, 01:34 PM) *
Near-sighted on their part. Thought about chummer as a mobile ap?

Nope, largely because I don't mobile device development. I'd imagine a mobile version of this would be pretty difficult to use as there's not really enough screen space to work with. It might work as a web app, but that's not something I plan on doing. Maintaining it on a single platform is enough work already. smile.gif
Stalag
Would it be possible to add something like a Perception "round up" in the Other Info tab and on the character sheet?

There are a lot of things that provide perception modifiers and most of them only apply to one sense (visual, hearing, etc). It would be handy to have a summary that showed the total perception score (or, maybe, number of dice) broken down by each sense.
Nebular
QUOTE (Stalag @ Oct 4 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Would it be possible to add something like a Perception "round up" in the Other Info tab and on the character sheet?

There are a lot of things that provide perception modifiers and most of them only apply to one sense (visual, hearing, etc). It would be handy to have a summary that showed the total perception score (or, maybe, number of dice) broken down by each sense.

I'll add it to the list o' stuff and see if it's doable.
Leoric
I have an error when I try to print a character :

CODE
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à Chummer.MartialArt.Print(XmlTextWriter objWriter)
à Chummer.Character.PrintToStream(MemoryStream objStream, XmlTextWriter objWriter)
à Chummer.Character.Print(Boolean blnDialog)
à Chummer.frmCareer.mnuFilePrint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Chummer
Version de l'assembly : 0.0.0.213
Version Win32 : 0.0.0.213
CodeBase : file:///E:/JDR/Shadowrun/Chummer%20Chargen/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.ServiceModel
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
SMDiagnostics
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
System.Runtime.DurableInstancing
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.RunTime.Serialization.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

It worked fine a few release earlier, it could have something to do with cybersuites or cyberlimbs attributes avergage (both used).
I tested with other caracters, and it works fine.
I uploaded it on Omae so if you need the file, you can download it. He is named "Marshall Joe Lewis", created by leoric.
Nebular
QUOTE (Leoric @ Oct 4 2011, 01:59 PM) *
I have an error when I try to print a character :

... stuff ...

It worked fine a few release earlier, it could have something to do with cybersuites or cyberlimbs attributes avergage (both used).
I tested with other caracters, and it works fine.
I uploaded it on Omae so if you need the file, you can download it. He is named "Marshall Joe Lewis", created by leoric.

Bah. This is apparently a problem with Martial Arts and a recent change I had to make to it to accommodate printing the sourcebook info for other languages. I'll have this fixed in the next update. I'll have it ready later today since there are a few other little errors that should be squashed.
Nebular
Build 214
  • added <location /> to the list of Gear elements generated for printouts
  • Advanced Lifestyle should no longer throw an error when selected after being added
  • Program Suites no longer add the Copy Protection and Registration Options to themselves (they are still created for the individual programs)
  • the Selected Gear default Location can no longer be deleted
  • fixed an issue with dragging and dropping Gear that caused the application to hang
  • fixed an issue that caused printing a character with a Martial Art to throw an error
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 4 2011, 03:27 PM) *
As far as Ceramic and Plasteel Components are concerned, they seem to be working properly from what I can see. Their price is based off the Weapon's base price (not include any other Accessories or Mods), and the cost of other Accessories/Mods are not impacted by other items.

From what I can quote from page 150 of Arsenal, it does not agree with what you are saying:
For the cost modifier you do not use the weapon’s basic cost, but its actual cost (basic cost + all previous modifications), because all those parts must be replaced in order for the modification to function properly. Likewise, when further modifying a weapon with the ceramic/plasteel components modification, apply the cost modifier to the material costs of the new modification and raise its Availability to that of the ceramic/plasteel modification, unless it is already higher. For example, if a character wants to modify a Level 3 ceramic/plasteel rifle with a gas-vent 3 system (400¥, Availability 6R), he has to pay 2,400¥ (6 x 400) and the Availability for the material is not 6R but 20F.
IridiosDZ
Ok. Anytime I load a character with a bonded weapon focus (force 4 in tests), it errors out with the following:

[ Spoiler ]

This does not occur with bonded power focus, nor does it happen if you don't bond the weapon focus. It happens with previously made characters and with ones made as test characters. Just updated chummer this evening.
KeyMasterOfGozer
I have made an XSLT that puts the gear in Locations.
Shadowrun4GearLocations.xsl

I changed the gear1, gear2 and gear3 templates, and I updated line 5 to include an additional microsoft library for xsl.

It is pretty simple, so if you have any ideas you want me to work on that might make it better, let me know.

Edit:
I'm loving this msxsl:node-set thing I found. I've updated the template also for dividing the Skills into SkillCategories as well. For that I just changed the skills1 and skills2 templates.
deurk
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Oct 5 2011, 04:32 AM) *
I have made an XSLT that puts the gear in Locations.
Shadowrun4GearLocations.xsl

I changed the gear1, gear2 and gear3 templates, and I updated line 5 to include an additional microsoft library for xsl.

It is pretty simple, so if you have any ideas you want me to work on that might make it better, let me know.

Edit:
I'm loving this msxsl:node-set thing I found. I've updated the template also for dividing the Skills into SkillCategories as well. For that I just changed the skills1 and skills2 templates.

Nice one!
Do you think you could sort skills alphabetically in each category?
Minimax le Rouge
Hello,
their is somme missing gears in the Throwing Weapons: Throwing Knife and Shuriken (SR4A p316).
Jazz
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Oct 5 2011, 08:24 AM) *
Hello,
their is somme missing gears in the Throwing Weapons: Throwing Knife and Shuriken (SR4A p316).

They are counted as ammunitions, so you can add them via the gear tab.
Jazz
Essence holes in bioware.xml :
Source is AU p.128
wink.gif
Jazz
Miss in bioware.xml :
Phenotypic alteration : "Métaposeur" in french. I think it's a German Augmentation addition.
(AU p.88)

Stats are 4 weeks / 0.1 ESS / Avail 8 / 40000 to 60000 Y.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012