Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
SpellBinder
Being able to add options to a matrix program attached to a commlink would also be nice.

Also, attaching ammo to guns is... "available" once you're in career mode. There's a button labeled Reload, and the DV and AP values adjust according to the type of ammo chosen.
ggodo
This is a stupid thing, but I haven't been able to find operating systems, where are they?
SpellBinder
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jul 9 2011, 11:40 PM) *
This is a stupid thing, but I haven't been able to find operating systems, where are they?

You can either type out the name of the OS in the gear search box, or choose "Add As Plugin" on a commlink already in your gear and you'll see a "Commlink Operating System" option (which won't show up for the standard gear) that lists all of the current OS's.
McDougle
I just got back from my vacation...
I bet Iīve already got 3 kids from you, but i have to scream again:

NEBULAR, I LOVE U MATE!

Charactersharing is an awesome idea. The way i see it lots of people already use chummer, numbers rising. With this feature we will have dozens of fresh n funny nscīs ec. at hand within days, maybe a couple hundred within few months. biggrin.gif
I going to share some of my nscs, too, Iīd say. ^^

Suggestions for charsharing:

A more complex search engine.

Examples:
+make an "advanced search" with multiple possible search options
-author
-metatype(variant/hmvv/surge/drake/ai ec.)
-ethnicity(type it urself n see if u find something;most users should be able to type "german" or "french" without typos during creation nyahnyah.gif)
-magician/adept/mundane/technomancer ec.
-MAYBE even a wanted quality(using a dropdown)
-by a piece of gear?
-MAYBE occupation(start with some examples like "ganger" or "Konsec" and let users add additional ones(maybe review them first or choose a mod for that(we donīt want "Fucktard" or "Mofucker" as an occupation, do we?))

Those would be the most important thinks i can think of... OH! Not quite. biggrin.gif

BIG IDEA:
When charexchange works you could enable a vehicle/weapon-exchange(not everyone knows how to build an effective/deadly/awesome drone or stuff nyahnyah.gif )
->in combo with an option to attach notes/smugshots to vehicles/weapons that would be hawt!
... that could lead to a loads of pg-gear on many charsheets, but a gm would just have to review more carefully... or it could be noted inside chummer, that a certain item was downloaded

Now I canīt think of anything else for the moment. ^^

EDIT:

Alright... I may have another suggestion. nyahnyah.gif

Some players/chars r fast to meet many nscīs and maybe get them to become contacts.
But not every gm wants his players to know those contacts connection-rating on the spot.
It would be great to add a "?"-rating(going down from "1") as a possibility for nscīs added in carrier-mode.

EDIT2:

The knight errant skillsoft-cluster isnīt supported yet.
My char has move-by-wire1, which would provide enough skillwire for both internal skillsofts to run on rating2(my gm allowed the skillwire to "cut" the rating of the activesofts in the cluster).
Illume
Where is the post with the latest download links? I've checked the last ~10 pages or so and can't find a link to anything, only one I've found is the one in the first post.
McDougle
QUOTE (Illume @ Jul 10 2011, 05:57 PM) *
Where is the post with the latest download links? I've checked the last ~10 pages or so and can't find a link to anything, only one I've found is the one in the first post.

The file in the first post is always kept up2date. wink.gif

@Nebular:
U should probably edit the first post and make a BIG hint regarding this ever-occuring question. grinbig.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Illume @ Jul 10 2011, 10:57 AM) *

As McDougle said, it's in the first post on the first page. Or it's right here smile.gif http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/Chummer.zip
Nebular
QUOTE (suoq @ Jul 9 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Noticed that mods on melee weapons don't show. (Was adding Custom Look:level 2 to a Fineblade knife.)

Gah. Looks like the SR4 character sheet was the only one missing this. I've uploaded the updated sheet which includes this.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jul 10 2011, 07:52 AM) *
The knight errant skillsoft-cluster isnīt supported yet.
My char has move-by-wire1, which would provide enough skillwire for both internal skillsofts to run on rating2(my gm allowed the skillwire to "cut" the rating of the activesofts in the cluster).

This will be fixed in the next update. The only catch is that you'll need to remove your Move-by-Wire, then re-add it so it picks up the knowledge of Skillwire Ratings.
Arkiya
Quick question... one of the players last night was trying to use reload and fire to keep track of her bow ammo (using a collapsible bow, rating 5). When she hit reload, the arrow ammo showed up listed as current ammo (or gave her the choice for more than one type), but ammo remaining stayed at 0. Hitting fire just results in the out of ammunition message.

I wasn't sure if this was an issue or if we were doing something wrong here. Thanks!
Nebular
QUOTE (Arkiya @ Jul 10 2011, 12:37 PM) *
Quick question... one of the players last night was trying to use reload and fire to keep track of her bow ammo (using a collapsible bow, rating 5). When she hit reload, the arrow ammo showed up listed as current ammo (or gave her the choice for more than one type), but ammo remaining stayed at 0. Hitting fire just results in the out of ammunition message.

I wasn't sure if this was an issue or if we were doing something wrong here. Thanks!

Ah, I see. The problem is that Bows have their Ammo set to 0, so when you reload, it refills the Bow with 0 arrows, and Fire think you're out of ammo. I've updated the Weapons file to mark Bows and Crossbows as SS with 1 Ammo which takes care of the problem. Just have her update the file, remove the Bow (since it has the inaccurate information), then buy the Bow back for free.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 9 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Was just looking for a way to clear a loophole in karma costs at character creation, as I'd expect going from rating 3 to 4 would cost 4 karma if the limit is exceeded, yet it only costs 2 karma per rating no matter what in chummer.

I'm wondering if this is why they didn't include free Knowledge Skills in the Karma build system. The catch is that you can't identify which Ratings were acquired for free, and which ones weren't, which is important since the cost of each successive Rating is higher than the last. Were the free points spent on the higher Ratings? Lower Ratings? Middle ones? Which Skills? In this case, I'd think it would be fairest to say that it spreads as evenly as possible amongst the low Ratings first. So if you had 9 free Knowledge and 4 Knowledge Skills at Rating 4 it would look something like:

Skill 1 Rating 4: 3 free from Knowledge. Paying for Rating 4. (4 Karma)
Skill 2 Rating 4: 2 free from Knowledge. Paying for Rating 3 and 4. (7 Karma)
Skill 3 Rating 4: 2 free from Knowledge. Paying for Rating 3 and 4. (7 Karma)
Skill 4 Rating 4: 2 free from Knowledge. Paying for Rating 3 and 4. (7 Karma)

Does this seem right?
McDougle
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 10 2011, 08:27 PM) *
I'm wondering if this is why they didn't include free Knowledge Skills in the Karma build system. The catch is that you can't identify which Ratings were acquired for free, and which ones weren't, which is important since the cost of each successive Rating is higher than the last. Were the free points spent on the higher Ratings? Lower Ratings? Middle ones? Which Skills? In this case, I'd think it would be fairest to say that it spreads as evenly as possible amongst the low Ratings first. So if you had 9 free Knowledge and 4 Knowledge Skills at Rating 4 it would look something like:

Does this seem right?

This does seem complicated... I always thought that the points u spend first r for free(but then chummer would have to check in which order the skills were chosen, right?).
suoq
Would it be a good idea to grey out a skill group if an individual skill is purchased? (i.e. if you buy Pistols, you can no longer invest in Firearms).

Reload: I like the feature, but it doesn't allow for additional clip with two ammo types or simply switching out clips. Would a list of purchased ammo for that firearm type under it be more useful or over complicate things?
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jul 10 2011, 01:31 PM) *
This does seem complicated... I always thought that the points u spend first r for free(but then chummer would have to check in which order the skills were chosen, right?).

It doesn't know anything about the order that things were chosen in Create Mode. It just knows it has been told that Skill X is now Rating Y. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 9 2011, 10:20 PM) *
The Operating System can be changed on a commlink, but right now the only software that can be attached to it is the Matrix Specific Software.
Being able to attach Tacsoft, Sensor Software, and Skillsofts to a commlink would be nice.

Gear has been updated to add these.
McDougle
Omg, we are already keeping you busy for 4 months now. XD

8 more months to go to be really proud about it. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (suoq @ Jul 10 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Would it be a good idea to grey out a skill group if an individual skill is purchased? (i.e. if you buy Pistols, you can no longer invest in Firearms).

Reload: I like the feature, but it doesn't allow for additional clip with two ammo types or simply switching out clips. Would a list of purchased ammo for that firearm type under it be more useful or over complicate things?

The clip thing is something I'll have to work on later. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to handle that yet.

I was originally looking at disabling Skill Groups if you took one of the Skills, but went with what I'm currently doing instead. If you take something like Pistols, then realise you'd rather have the Firearms Group, you can just put points into Firearms instead, and it will automatically refund the points you spent on Pistols without having to go back and remove them yourself. It becomes a little more convenient if you have 2 or 3 of the Skills from that Group already and realise you'd just rather take the Group and don't have to hunt down and decrease each of those Skills to do it. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 10 2011, 03:18 PM) *
The clip thing is something I'll have to work on later. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to handle that yet.

I was originally looking at disabling Skill Groups if you took one of the Skills, but went with what I'm currently doing instead. If you take something like Pistols, then realise you'd rather have the Firearms Group, you can just put points into Firearms instead, and it will automatically refund the points you spent on Pistols without having to go back and remove them yourself. It becomes a little more convenient if you have 2 or 3 of the Skills from that Group already and realise you'd just rather take the Group and don't have to hunt down and decrease each of those Skills to do it. smile.gif

Works in build mode but in career mode I think the skill group should only be available if all the skills that make up the skill group have the same rating.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 10 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Works in build mode but in career mode I think the skill group should only be available if all the skills that make up the skill group have the same rating.

In Career Mode they shouldn't be available if you've put a single Rating into any Skill in that Group since you've essentially broken a Group with Rating 0 by putting a point into the Skill, though that's not how Chummer currently handles it I see. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 8 2011, 08:20 AM) *
I would like to see mods being allowed on items that can be both a mod and modded.
I'm thinking that <capacity></capacity> should be changed to <capacity uses="" available=""/>
If uses is not there then it can't be put in things, and if available is zero or not there then things can't be put in it.

This is finally being worked on! biggrin.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 10 2011, 11:27 AM) *

Does this seem right?

It could be the reason why it wasn't included.

As for the karma costs, though what I suggested looks like would give characters more free karma for knowledge skills, your solution looks good too (using your example and my suggestion, the knowledge skills would have cost 8 karma after the free points were used instead of 25 as your method would calculate; maybe x6 would be better instead in my original request). And I'd agree to spreading the free points across the lower ranks first as you suggested.

As for the weapon mod "Additional Clip", I don't know how much reworking it would take, but if chummer somehow registered all weapons with something like "Magazine1" for their ammo, and the Additional Clip mod added "Magazine2" to the weapon with their own Fire! & Reload buttons... Or something, I'm just kinda rambling half thoughts here on this subject.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 10 2011, 03:46 PM) *
In Career Mode they shouldn't be available if you've put a single Rating into any Skill in that Group since you've essentially broken a Group with Rating 0 by putting a point into the Skill, though that's not how Chummer currently handles it I see. smile.gif

Although, if you put 1 point in each skill you can start to buy them as a group.
So if you buy pistols at 1 during character creation and then during play you buy automatics, and longarms at 1 you can now buy Firearms at 2.
suoq
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 10 2011, 04:31 PM) *
Although, if you put 1 point in each skill you can start to buy them as a group.
So if you buy pistols at 1 during character creation and then during play you buy automatics, and longarms at 1 you can now buy Firearms at 2.

SR4A Pg 270:
Skill Groups: If a character improves any skill in a skill group individually instead of improving the group, the remaining skills are
treated as individual skills with individual levels from that point—in other words, the skill group no longer exists.

I'm not sure what rule you're using that supersedes the above rule.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 10 2011, 05:05 PM) *
As for the weapon mod "Additional Clip", I don't know how much reworking it would take, but if chummer somehow registered all weapons with something like "Magazine1" for their ammo, and the Additional Clip mod added "Magazine2" to the weapon with their own Fire! & Reload buttons... Or something, I'm just kinda rambling half thoughts here on this subject.

My understanding, based on what I have seen people write about clips is thus. Each clip is specific to a weapon, they are not interchangeable. If this is the case then a specific weapon would need to be selected when the clip is purchased.
This means that each clip as a capacity based on the weapon selected.
Allow for ammo to be placed in the clip, attached. Allow for a clip to be attached to a weapon. Only one clip can be attached, unless the weapon is modded for multiple clips (there is one as I recall).
When you fire a weapon it removed ammo from the clip.
Have a swap clip option on the weapon. This would take the attached clip and put in in general gear (unattach it from the weapon), and give the option to select which non-attached clip to attach to the weapon.
Give the clips an load and unload button. Could use the reloading firearms table on page 324 of SR4A to determine how much to add. Might need to allow for selecting of ammo listed in gear for what to add to the clip.

Thinking of this also makes me think that gear could use to broad categories.
Instead of Selected Gear being the base of the tree, have two items Stored Gear and Carried Gear. That way you can differentiate between gear the character has on them and that which is back in storage at home.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (suoq @ Jul 10 2011, 05:50 PM) *
SR4A Pg 270:
I'm not sure what rule you're using that supersedes the above rule.

from the faq:

Can you regain a skill group if each of the component skills are raised to the same level?

With the gamemaster’s permission if a skill group’s individual skills are raised to the same rating, and there are no specializations in any of those skill, then those skills can be treated as a skill group from that point on.
Illume
Is there not a Restricted Gear Quality? I have Runners Companion enabled in the options but its still not showing up in the list.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 10 2011, 04:03 PM) *
My understanding, based on what I have seen people write about clips is thus. Each clip is specific to a weapon, they are not interchangeable. If this is the case then a specific weapon would need to be selected when the clip is purchased.
This means that each clip as a capacity based on the weapon selected.
Allow for ammo to be placed in the clip, attached. Allow for a clip to be attached to a weapon. Only one clip can be attached, unless the weapon is modded for multiple clips (there is one as I recall).
When you fire a weapon it removed ammo from the clip.
Have a swap clip option on the weapon. This would take the attached clip and put in in general gear (unattach it from the weapon), and give the option to select which non-attached clip to attach to the weapon.
Give the clips an load and unload button. Could use the reloading firearms table on page 324 of SR4A to determine how much to add. Might need to allow for selecting of ammo listed in gear for what to add to the clip.

Thinking of this also makes me think that gear could use to broad categories.
Instead of Selected Gear being the base of the tree, have two items Stored Gear and Carried Gear. That way you can differentiate between gear the character has on them and that which is back in storage at home.

It was in regards to how chummer might handle a weapon with two clips (sheesh, I hate that word) as per the weapon modification that I was talking about. I know quite well that magazines are not interchangeable between different models.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Illume @ Jul 10 2011, 04:20 PM) *
Is there not a Restricted Gear Quality? I have Runners Companion enabled in the options but its still not showing up in the list.

There is (three separate entries for three different ratings), but if you had just enabled Runner's Companion you might have to close chummer and relaunch the program. If that doesn't work, try disabling RC, re-enabling it, close and relaunch chummer again.
Illume
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 11 2011, 12:58 AM) *
There is (three separate entries for three different ratings), but if you had just enabled Runner's Companion you might have to close chummer and relaunch the program. If that doesn't work, try disabling RC, re-enabling it, close and relaunch chummer again.
That fixed it, thanks smile.gif
whatevs
Sorry to bust in on the thread, but we've now got a skype game up and running using Chummer as a character creation / management tool. If anyone's interested, please send me a personal message (click on my profile name on the left) and I'll respond with a Skype Name.

Or, click the following link for more information: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=35358
StevenAngier
So, Nebular. Any news from J. Hardy regarding how to handle Magic loss through lowered Essence?

I started a discussion on that HERE to see if there is any clear ruling on that we both may have overseen.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 10 2011, 05:08 PM) *
from the faq:

Can you regain a skill group if each of the component skills are raised to the same level?

With the gamemaster’s permission if a skill group’s individual skills are raised to the same rating, and there are no specializations in any of those skill, then those skills can be treated as a skill group from that point on.

Well okay then. I guess it'll be allowed after all. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (StevenAngier @ Jul 11 2011, 08:01 AM) *
So, Nebular. Any news from J. Hardy regarding how to handle Magic loss through lowered Essence?

I started a discussion on that HERE to see if there is any clear ruling on that we both may have overseen.

Not a word. I've emailed him 2 or 3 times now asking for some sort of response. Just took a look at your thread and it looks the consensus so far is that the Attribute is just lowered, period. I'll keep an eye on it for a bit and see if others jump in for the other side, or if everyone just says it's that way. smile.gif
Arkiya
Just a tiny typo. Under street gear->weapons->blades, it should be fork "or" utensil (currently says of).

Noticed this when we had attempted homicide by spork.

Thanks!
Wizard_Thoarin
I've got something weird going on... Two characters, both with Reflex Enhancers (rating 2)...

The first, a human smuggler built before qualities were changed but opened and saved during the period qualities would be changed automatically to the new system seems to have the rating split between Agility (AGI) and Reaction (REA). It should be +2 to Reaction. This is also shorting the character 1 point of his Initiative Score.
Oh, I even tried selling back the Reaction Enhancer for 100% then re-buying the Reaction Enhancer... I didn't save between though.

The Minotaur I ended up rebuilding because the quality conversion didn't seem to pick up the racial qualities that would get lost between saves under the old quality system but also has the Reaction Enhancers (rating 2) is not having the problem above.

So, I guess I'm going to have to rebuild at least 1 more character. I hope nothing happens to my Human Mage player that is going to force me to rebuild him also.

Edit... I just tried saving the file after selling back the Reaction Enhancers and then buying back Reaction Enhancers after closing and re-opening the save file. Still seems to split the Reaction Enhancer (rating 2) between Agility and Reaction.

Edit 2... Never Mind... I think I figured it out... his Armor is affecting both those attributes... <sigh>
McDougle
IIRC a free spirit shouldnīt be allowed to learn conjouring. smile.gif

Edit:
Deleted critter-powers donīt grant "points" back.
For example if the spirit has 1 point and you select "Weather control" during creation it states "-1". If you delete that power though, it still shows "-1".

Edi2:
It should be possible to connect a weaponfocus and the corresponding weapon(altering the dv on the way).
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jul 11 2011, 03:45 PM) *
IIRC a free spirit shouldnīt be allowed to learn conjouring. smile.gif

Edit:
Deleted critter-powers donīt grant "points" back.
For example if the spirit has 1 point and you select "Weather control" during creation it states "-1". If you delete that power though, it still shows "-1".

Edi2:
It should be possible to connect a weaponfocus and the corresponding weapon(altering the dv on the way).

Free Spirits probably shouldn't be allowed to learn it, but just like regular characters and the Flight Skill, there may be some that allow it to happen, so I'm going to leave this as is. If you don't want it, don't take it. wink.gif

The Critter Power Points does update, you just don't see the change until you change something else (I forgot to tell everything to refresh when a Critter Power is deleted - fixed in next update)

I'll add the Weapon Focus to the To Do list.
Nebular
QUOTE (Arkiya @ Jul 11 2011, 12:21 PM) *
Just a tiny typo. Under street gear->weapons->blades, it should be fork "or" utensil (currently says of).

Noticed this when we had attempted homicide by spork.

Thanks!

Nothing worse than a vicious sporking! Weapons data file has been updated to correct this. smile.gif
Nebular
Build 147
  • added support for <skillwire /> to Improvement Manager which limits the effective Rating of Skillsofts
  • added appropriate <skillwire /> Improvements to Cyberware
  • Complex Forms now include the name of their commonly-used Skill
  • Complex Form commonly-used Skill now appears on the printout
  • Gear Plugins can now have Plugins of their own, meaning that Program Options can be added to Matrix Programs attached to a Commlink
  • added support for multiple-capacity Gear
  • increasing an Active Skill from Rating 0 to Rating 1 in Career Mode now breaks the Skill Group
  • added an option to allow Active Skills to be re-Grouped if all of their Ratings are the same (disabled by default)
  • free Knowledge Skills in Karma Create Mode are now spread as evenly as possible amongst the lowest Ratings
  • Vehicle Gear and Weapons are now properly exported when the Vehicle has no Vehicle Mods while creating a PACKS Kit
Oustanding Items
  • Attach Weapon Focus to Weapon
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?
Neko Asakami
So, something interesting I learned while updating today. If you just hit "Download Selected Updates" without selecting anything, it just sits there acting like it's trying to download. It doesn't crash, you only need to X out and open the update window again, but it *might* be nice to toss in a "No updates selected, choose something to download you nitwit!" message.
Nebular
QUOTE (Neko Asakami @ Jul 11 2011, 07:51 PM) *
So, something interesting I learned while updating today. If you just hit "Download Selected Updates" without selecting anything, it just sits there acting like it's trying to download. It doesn't crash, you only need to X out and open the update window again, but it *might* be nice to toss in a "No updates selected, choose something to download you nitwit!" message.

Neat. Never tried that. It'll be fixed in the next update. smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 11 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Build 147
  • added support for <skillwire /> to Improvement Manager which limits the effective Rating of Skillsofts
  • added appropriate <skillwire /> Improvements to Cyberware
  • Complex Forms now include the name of their commonly-used Skill
  • Complex Form commonly-used Skill now appears on the printout
  • Gear Plugins can now have Plugins of their own, meaning that Program Options can be added to Matrix Programs attached to a Commlink
  • added support for multiple-capacity Gear
  • increasing an Active Skill from Rating 0 to Rating 1 in Career Mode now breaks the Skill Group
  • added an option to allow Active Skills to be re-Grouped if all of their Ratings are the same (disabled by default)
  • free Knowledge Skills in Karma Create Mode are now spread as evenly as possible amongst the lowest Ratings
  • Vehicle Gear and Weapons are now properly exported when the Vehicle has no Vehicle Mods while creating a PACKS Kit
Oustanding Items
  • Attach Weapon Focus to Weapon
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?

W007! Been hoping these would come around soon. Very much appreciated!

Still hoping for this one (a story character of mine uses two different payloads in a pair of pistols). Wish I knew how I might be able to help.
McDougle
Is connection:? in career-mode something you are thinking about?

I hope Omae is progressing fine, too? biggrin.gif
LG117
Thanks for this fantastic program Nebular. My only advise is to update the first post so that it reflects how much currently does work, rather than what did not work (in the past).

I am building a Rigger and running in to a bit of a snag. I am trying to add Autosofts like Clearsight or Targeting to my car and drones, but can't seem to do that. I can add them to my deck, but not the car or drone. From my reading, since the drone can use Sensor + Clearsight for autonomous perception (SR 246), I assume it has to be added to the drone.

Here is what I have so far:
Autosoft Issues (external link)

I can find where to add some other programs, like Pilot, but none of the autosofts. Can anyone see where on the Roadmaster or the LEBD-1 that I should be able to fit them in or what I may need to add first? Thanks in advance.

One last question. When replacing the Pilot Program of a vehicle (AR 105), do you have to buy the new one outright, or can you pay the difference between the existing Pilot Program and the new one? The same goes for things like Firewall, Signal, Response, etc.
Nebular
QUOTE (LG117 @ Jul 12 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Thanks for this fantastic program Nebular. My only advise is to update the first post so that it reflects how much currently does work, rather than what did not work (in the past).

I am building a Rigger and running in to a bit of a snag. I am trying to add Autosofts like Clearsight or Targeting to my car and drones, but can't seem to do that. I can add them to my deck, but not the car or drone. From my reading, since the drone can use Sensor + Clearsight for autonomous perception (SR 246), I assume it has to be added to the drone.

Here is what I have so far:
Autosoft Issues (external link)

I can find where to add some other programs, like Pilot, but none of the autosofts. Can anyone see where on the Roadmaster or the LEBD-1 that I should be able to fit them in or what I may need to add first? Thanks in advance.

One last question. When replacing the Pilot Program of a vehicle (AR 105), do you have to buy the new one outright, or can you pay the difference between the existing Pilot Program and the new one? The same goes for things like Firewall, Signal, Response, etc.

I'll update the first post soon. Good idea.

Autosofts are a part of Gear, so they can be added to a Vehicle by right-clicking on the Vehicle, choosing Add Gear, then jumping to the Autosofts category. I've noticed that searching in the Gear window is disabled when you're adding Gear to a Vehicle though which doesn't make finding that stuff any easier. smile.gif I'll have that fixed in the next update.

The Pilot/Firewall/Signal/Response Programs are purchased as new items rather than upgrades since you're replacing the software with the new one. I'd imagine you can get around this by having a Hacker friend work his magic, but just buying the Mod itself replaces the old one for the full cost.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jul 12 2011, 04:34 AM) *
Is connection:? in career-mode something you are thinking about?

Is Connection another player-set number like Street Cred and Notoriety?
LG117
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 12 2011, 08:53 AM) *
I'll update the first post soon. Good idea.

Autosofts are a part of Gear, so they can be added to a Vehicle by right-clicking on the Vehicle, choosing Add Gear, then jumping to the Autosofts category. I've noticed that searching in the Gear window is disabled when you're adding Gear to a Vehicle though which doesn't make finding that stuff any easier. smile.gif I'll have that fixed in the next update.

The Pilot/Firewall/Signal/Response Programs are purchased as new items rather than upgrades since you're replacing the software with the new one. I'd imagine you can get around this by having a Hacker friend work his magic, but just buying the Mod itself replaces the old one for the full cost.

Thanks for the fast response. I tried right clicking the vehicle name and choosing "Add Modification", but the list that comes up, has no category drop down and only appears to list Standard and All category items. I have been scouring that list for any mention of Autosoft or Clearsight, but have not found anything that looks close. Am I missing it?

Vehicle Modification List:
Autosoft Issues 2 (external link)

I have tried Chummer on 2 different computers. One running WinXP and one running Win7. Both computers appear to have the same Vehicle Modification list.

Thanks again.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (LG117 @ Jul 12 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Thanks for the fast response. I tried right clicking the vehicle name and choosing "Add Modification", but the list that comes up, has no category drop down and only appears to list Standard and All category items. I have been scouring that list for any mention of Autosoft or Clearsight, but have not found anything that looks close. Am I missing it?

Vehicle Modification List:
Autosoft Issues 2 (external link)

I have tried Chummer on 2 different computers. One running WinXP and one running Win7. Both computers appear to have the same Vehicle Modification list.

Thanks again.

Right click the vehicle and click on Add Gear.
Then use the drop down list to find Autosofts.

I am hoping to see a tree node that will look like the sensor package but is the Pilot/Comm for Vehicles and Drones.
The idea being remove Pilot as a base attribute and instead add it as a grouped item to the vehicles and drones.
This way the Response, Pilot, Signal, Firewall and Autosofts all get attached to this item in the tree.
You could have the current <Pilot> entry as the base of a node in the vehicles entry in the tree just like a commlink. Then allow for other things to be added to it.
ShadowWalker
Came up with an idea for peripheral nodes.
Since everything can have one, I created the following in gear, Gear xml
It's a new category, Peripherals and some items taken out of SR4A and Unwired.
They should be attachable to armour, weapon, and cyberware. Pretty much anything.

Another thing that would be kind of cool to be able to designate is Clusters.
Take any commlink, peripheral, vehicle and/or drone and put them together to make one large commlink.
Information on this can be found on page 55 of Unwired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012