Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
deurk
Now that you put "Variable" cost in, let's have a translation string for that wink.gif
(I'm sure you will start remembering it when you create string from now on nyahnyah.gif)
deurk
Where did the commlinks go?!
Did you prepare a tab and forgot to create/display it?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 03:50 AM) *
Now that you put "Variable" cost in, let's have a translation string for that wink.gif
(I'm sure you will start remembering it when you create string from now on nyahnyah.gif)

The Variable string is a fixed string that tells the application to display a price range. It's not a string that is displayed anywhere so there is no need to have this translated. If Variable(100-1000) appears in the Cost, the application shows it as 100-1,000¥.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 09:12 AM) *
Where did the commlinks go?!
Did you prepare a tab and forgot to create/display it?

Nope. No plans on doing a separate Commlink tab. There're in there with Commlink category of Gear like they always have been.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 8 2011, 12:08 AM) *
I propose using these 3 files as a replacement for what we have now.

I pulled the Condition Monitor code into a separate file to be included. This one has the extra box for dead, but we can easily change it to take that out.
ConditionMonitor.xslt

Then I included that file in Base Character template, and use the function for creating the CMs on the page:
Shadowrun 4 Base.xslt

Then I re-did the Vehicle Block sheet with the ConditionMonitor Template as an include.
Vehicle Block.xsl

Now changes to the Condition Monitor all happen in one place.

Edit:
Note that the style sheet info for the CM is not in the ConditionMonitor.xslt, it is still in the file that calls it. That way, if different sheets need a different look, then they can accommodate that. You need styles for .conditionmonitorbox , .conditionmonitorboxfilled and .conditionmonitorboxnotused

The problem is now the character sheet shows too many boxes on the Physical Condition Monitor. Would you rather the character tells you how many boxes it has for overflowing including death, or excluding death?
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 8 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Nope. No plans on doing a separate Commlink tab. There're in there with Commlink category of Gear like they always have been.

Duh... since you rename categories I did the same and put it under "Modèles de commlinks" instead of "Commlinks" and failed to use the search correctly, my bad smile.gif
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 8 2011, 02:22 PM) *
The problem is now the character sheet shows too many boxes on the Physical Condition Monitor. Would you rather the character tells you how many boxes it has for overflowing including death, or excluding death?

Yeah, let's decide together how to it should be. Imo, overflow is what you can take without dying. Should be BOD. So I would say excluding death.

Note, I'm fine with the other solution as well, I'm just more naturally inclined to go this way.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 10:26 AM) *
Yeah, let's decide together how to it should be. Imo, overflow is what you can take without dying. Should be BOD. So I would say excluding death.

Note, I'm fine with the other solution as well, I'm just more naturally inclined to go this way.

I agree with deurk on this one. It seems to me that if you add the extra +1 in the XML, then you are technically making the data "wrong", but your purpose of adding one is only to add an extra box on the Phys CM, but it would be more "correct" to add the extra box in the PhysCM drawer rather than to make the XML data different.

But that said, I can't think of another use for the cmoverflow xml data off-hand, so it is probably not important to worry about it. ConditionMonitor.xslt can easily be modified either way. If you want to keep the extra +1 in the XML data, you can delete lines 40-51, and delete line 30. That removes the check to see if OverFlow = 0, and the whole block if OverFlow > 0.
deurk
Seems we are in line Key smile.gif
Are you familiar with Git repositories? If so we could work on some stuff together and/or share designs. I've got a setup that could help.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 8 2011, 09:58 AM) *
I agree with deurk on this one. It seems to me that if you add the extra +1 in the XML, then you are technically making the data "wrong", but your purpose of adding one is only to add an extra box on the Phys CM, but it would be more "correct" to add the extra box in the PhysCM drawer rather than to make the XML data different.

But that said, I can't think of another use for the cmoverflow xml data off-hand, so it is probably not important to worry about it. ConditionMonitor.xslt can easily be modified either way. If you want to keep the extra +1 in the XML data, you can delete lines 40-51, and delete line 30. That removes the check to see if OverFlow = 0, and the whole block if OverFlow > 0.

k. The output will stay as is then since the rest of the application itself expects the Condition Monitor stuff to be in the state it currently is in. Looks like the XSLT file will just need to be changed then. I've updated the ConditionMonitor template and have uploaded them for distribition.
deurk
Just to be clear: overflow INCLUDES death box, so it's BOD+1?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 10:07 AM) *
Just to be clear: overflow INCLUDES death box, so it's BOD+1?

Yes.
deurk
Okey dokey. Thanks.
Any opinion on the folder per sheets language?
Diabolos
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 7 2011, 05:25 PM) *
Doh. Used to be that Commlink Operating System Upgrades could only be applied to the Commlink itself, so that where it's expecting them. The recent reorganisation of Gear opened up the unintended ability to add them to other things. This should be fixed in the next update. (I noticed your post while I was uploading the current update nyahnyah.gif)

No worries =). I'll just keep seeing what I can break!
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Seems we are in line Key smile.gif
Are you familiar with Git repositories? If so we could work on some stuff together and/or share designs. I've got a setup that could help.

I am familiar with it a little. I have only ever used it for downloading, though. I think it would be great if we could find some sort of way to share out these xsl files, so that if I make an update on one that I built, it could be pushed out to everyone who subscribes to it without having to bother Nebular to push it out every time. This is only a wish, though.

Thanks again for your effort, Nebular, and let us know if we can help with anything specific. I am currently working on a more comprehensive Commlink sheet, much like the new Vehicle Block sheet, but I may get distracted with trying to come up with a way to loop through Include files as from XML to see if that is a viable option for the future.

Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas about how we could collaborate on these sheet, deurk
Wizard_Thoarin
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 8 2011, 08:57 AM) *
I am familiar with it a little. I have only ever used it for downloading, though. I think it would be great if we could find some sort of way to share out these xsl files, so that if I make an update on one that I built, it could be pushed out to everyone who subscribes to it without having to bother Nebular to push it out every time. This is only a wish, though.

Thanks again for your effort, Nebular, and let us know if we can help with anything specific. I am currently working on a more comprehensive Commlink sheet, much like the new Vehicle Block sheet, but I may get distracted with trying to come up with a way to loop through Include files as from XML to see if that is a viable option for the future.

Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas about how we could collaborate on these sheet, deurk

maybe make it part of Omae
deurk
Just a quick one: people that are new to Chummer all to stumble on the same surprise when creating a first character: the armor encumbrance. Maybe it would be wise to switch armors as being non-worn by default rather than worn? Just a thought smile.gif

Thanks Nebular.
deurk
QUOTE (Wizard_Thoarin @ Nov 8 2011, 05:10 PM) *
maybe make it part of Omae

Who's handling Omae?
deurk
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 6 2011, 07:31 PM) *
Oh btw, when you provide translation for P/S for damage types, please also provide the same for ammunition types if it is not the case yet.

What about those?
( c)/(b)/(m)/(cy)/(belt)/(d)... wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Just a quick one: people that are new to Chummer all to stumble on the same surprise when creating a first character: the armor encumbrance. Maybe it would be wise to switch armors as being non-worn by default rather than worn? Just a thought smile.gif

Thanks Nebular.

The flipside to this is then people wondering why after adding a piece of Armor their Ballistic and Impact Ratings don't go up. smile.gif It seems that adding the tooltip to show that the Attribute is being affected by Armor Encumbrance has helped solve some of this problem.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 10:10 AM) *
Okey dokey. Thanks.
Any opinion on the folder per sheets language?

I really don't see the need for it right now. It's not as though there are a large number of sheets. If it were separated by language then French users would lose all access to the English sheets and would be problematic if you had regional variations for languages. For example, French Canadians might have their own UI and data translation files but could still comfortably use a standard French character sheet. Separating them into language-based directories would mean they wouldn't be able to use them.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Who's handling Omae?

Me! biggrin.gif Well, for as much handling as Omae requires. Now that it's up it pretty much takes care of itself. Adding a section for character sheets is an interesting idea though. The only snag with this that I can see though is that sheets that use external templates can be problematic - if someone doesn't download all of the required files, none of it works. Same could go for if they only download an update for one of those files but not the rest.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 01:21 PM) *
What about those?
( c)/(b)/(m)/(cy)/(belt)/(d)... wink.gif

I was wondering about those when I was working on the AP and Damage translations. They'll be in the next update.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 8 2011, 07:51 PM) *
I really don't see the need for it right now. It's not as though there are a large number of sheets

There are already 3 sheets translated, and if we go the modular route, it will be 10-12 files or so.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 8 2011, 07:55 PM) *
I was wondering about those when I was working on the AP and Damage translations. They'll be in the next update.

Goody, thanks wink.gif
Diabolos
One bug:
When you have a something selected on the weapons tab, and then select a mod or accessory of another weapon, the Ranges listed on the right are for the previously selected weapon, and it only corrects itself when you select another weapon.

One request:
On the weapons tab, would it be possible to have weapon accessories and modifications show their mount point (for accessories) or slot cost (for mods) when you select them? They show up fine when you're on the Add Accessory/Mod dialog.
Dakka Dakka
The Ares HVBR should only get RC 4 not 4(5).
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 8 2011, 04:30 PM) *
The Ares HVBR should only get RC 4 not 4(5).

When I add it it shows 3(4) which. A Weapon lists its RC based on the Accessories and Mods that are currently marked as being installed. The catch is that it has a Stock which has an RC of (1) since they can be removed.
Nebular
QUOTE (Diabolos @ Nov 8 2011, 03:33 PM) *
One bug:
When you have a something selected on the weapons tab, and then select a mod or accessory of another weapon, the Ranges listed on the right are for the previously selected weapon, and it only corrects itself when you select another weapon.

One request:
On the weapons tab, would it be possible to have weapon accessories and modifications show their mount point (for accessories) or slot cost (for mods) when you select them? They show up fine when you're on the Add Accessory/Mod dialog.

Both will be fixed in the next update.
Dakka Dakka
If the stock can be removed and the text says nothing about folding or detaching, it should be 2(4). The shock pad cannot be used if you do not have a stock.
Nebular
Yeah, this is where I'm starting to wonder if I should just show the Weapon's current RC without the brackets. The Weapons that all list things like 2(3) show what its base RC is and its possible RC are with all of its attachments in place, but if the app lets you pick which attachments you're currently using, it would make sense to me to just show a flat RC based on whatever you currently have installed. Currently if you remove the Stock from the HVBR, its RC drops to 3 since it is no longer being included in the RC calculation. If you removed the Shock Pad instead, it would drop to 2(3) since the Shock Pad is a "fixed" value while the Stock is an "optional" one. nyahnyah.gif
deurk
On the character sheet, contact type is untranslated
Same thing for qualities
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 8 2011, 11:04 AM) *
k. The output will stay as is then since the rest of the application itself expects the Condition Monitor stuff to be in the state it currently is in. Looks like the XSLT file will just need to be changed then. I've updated the ConditionMonitor template and have uploaded them for distribition.

I updated my Chummer, and I got updated copies of "Shadowrun 4 Base.xslt" and "Vehicle Block.xsl" , but I did not get a copy of "". I'm not sure if that was a problem because I already had a copy of "ConditionMonitor.xslt" in my folder, or if the file isn't in the updater.
ShadowWalker
If you create a Cyberware Suite and put it into an existing file chummer removes the tabs and carriage returns from existing data.
In my case I had some custom cyberware, and the cyberwares section lost all tabs and carriage returns.
ShadowWalker
Question: Cyberware Commlinks.
How do you show within the Cyberware tab which commlink was put in?
Do you need to purchase it on the gear tab and put a note saying it's the cyberware one?
deurk
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 9 2011, 03:06 AM) *
Do you need to purchase it on the gear tab and put a note saying it's the cyberware one?

That's how I do it too. Did not find any other way.
deurk
Could the Incompetent trait be taken into account for skills ratings calculation and appear as such? It would be nice to have it displayed on a character sheet. Today, one has to remember which skill it's for, and it still displays it can be defaulted on (which is wrong).
deurk
Could we get in the character xml the type of ammunition loaded. I see that weapon stats are affected by it but I do not see any reference to what type it is.
Thanks!
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 8 2011, 10:06 PM) *

Yeah, the Commlink itself needs to be added to the character's Gear separately.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 9 2011, 06:42 AM) *
Could we get in the character xml the type of ammunition loaded. I see that weapon stats are affected by it but I do not see any reference to what type it is.
Thanks!

Sure. I'll add a <currentammo /> node to the Weapon information which will give the name of the Ammo that is currently active and affect its stats.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 9 2011, 10:34 AM) *
Sure. I'll add a <currentammo /> node to the Weapon information which will give the name of the Ammo that is currently active and affect its stats.

Could you also add the AP and damage mods of ammo in the gear node for the ammo?
In the printout, I would like to list the ammo available for this weapon. I can match "weapon/category" to get a list of "../../gears/gear[category = 'Ammunition' extra = $category]" and use that to display a list of ammos for this weapon with their location and mods to the shot.

For what it's worth, I don't like to use the "Loaded" option because, my characters always carry a couple of different types of ammo depending on the situation.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 9 2011, 09:32 AM) *
Yeah, the Commlink itself needs to be added to the character's Gear separately.

Would it be posible to have commlinks as a plugin for the commlink cyberware item so that you can put there?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 8 2011, 07:02 PM) *
On the character sheet, contact type is untranslated
Same thing for qualities

In the next update.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 6 2011, 03:22 AM) *
Those stats are still not in the XML, so there is no way currently to access that for the printout

They should be in some way. They are being displayed on the vehicle tab when you select the vehicle.
And the mods for them are updating the stats that are being displayed.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 9 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Would it be posible to have commlinks as a plugin for the commlink cyberware item so that you can put there?

I'll add it to the list as this one isn't something quick to implement.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 9 2011, 09:58 AM) *
Could you also add the AP and damage mods of ammo in the gear node for the ammo?
In the printout, I would like to list the ammo available for this weapon. I can match "weapon/category" to get a list of "../../gears/gear[category = 'Ammunition' extra = $category]" and use that to display a list of ammos for this weapon with their location and mods to the shot.

For what it's worth, I don't like to use the "Loaded" option because, my characters always carry a couple of different types of ammo depending on the situation.

They're already there. <weaponbonusdamage /> exists if the Weapon's DV is modified, and <weaponbonusap /> exists if the AP is modified.
deurk
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 9 2011, 02:58 PM) *

Would be nice indeed.

EDIT: Ooops. answered already nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Nebular, for focuses, spells and powers that have non permanent effects (+2 skills, +1 attribute or thing like that), could it be possible to have a checkbox to toggle the effect on stats on and off like armors today have? That would be really convenient to have in play.

In that regard, having a "Generic modifiers" tab with the possibility to add global modifiers (rain or distance to target) for example that you could toggle on and off as well would rock. Just something blank that one could fill up and where one could select level of modifier.
Darquewing
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 9 2011, 10:05 AM) *
In that regard, having a "Generic modifiers" tab with the possibility to add global modifiers (rain or distance to target) for example that you could toggle on and off as well would rock. Just something blank that one could fill up and where one could select level of modifier.

Maybe just a modifiers tab, specific lists of related modifiers (i.e. Combat mods, drug/toxin mods, etc.)

Something I thought about that might be neat is a "Calendar" tab. Maybe something simple, like the Missions calendar to start with. So we can keep track of that type of info directly in Chummer.

Fyndhal
Hey, Nebular! I just updated Chummer here at work and when I try to launch it, I get an error saying:

"Default Language Missing!

Could not load default language file!"

Any ideas?

EDIT: FWIW, I downloaded the zip file and it ran with no issues. Bad download, maybe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012