Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
ShadowWalker
I've been looking at the wiki, and looking at the armor data file to get a feel for how it's laid out so I can make an data editor for each file.
So I've noticed a couple of things, and wanted to ask about them.
<addmodcategory> - I can't find any examples of this being used in the data file. Is it supposed to work the same way that <addoncategory> works or like <mods> and <gears>

Now I like consistency, things being done the same way.
<addoncategory> is basically a list, so is <mods> and <gears>, but the way they are implemented is different.
<addoncategory> has an entry for each category were as <mods> and <gears> have a subnode <name> and <usegear> respectively.
Is there any particular reason for the different way these were done?

The <gears> subnode <name> also has an attribute in the data file called "rating" are there any other attributes that can be applied to this node?
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 9 2012, 03:24 AM) *
There's a more serious inconsistency regarding magic loss though cyberware on char creation.
The new magic maximum is set correctly, but the lost magic points are way too cheap.

It appears what you're doing is (for essence loss x and magic attribute y): set magic to 0, develop with sum( 1 to x) * 5 to get 1 magic, sum(x+1 to y-x) * 5 to get back to the new magic value.

This would only be possible, if two requirements were given:
- it is possible during char gen to raise magic after implementing ware (NOT allowed)
- magic can be reduced to 0 (NOT possible, as with magic 0 the char turns mundane)

Effectively cybered awakened get a karma discount of (y-1)*5 that way.

The Karma costs to buy MAG/RES after ESS loss has been discussed at length in the past. smile.gif The Karma cost for increasing MAG is always based on its current value, not what its value would be if you didn't have ESS loss. So if you have MAG 4, install a piece of 'ware that reduces your ESS to 5.90, making your MAG go down to 3, it would cost you 15 Karma (3 x 5), not 20 (4 x 5), because 3 is the actual value. ESS loss is an actual reduction to the Attribute's value, not a penalty/modifier. I used to think it was a penalty as well and would prefer if from a programming standpoint, but that's apparently not how it works. wink.gif

I'll have the Cyberware Grade thing fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 9 2012, 09:24 AM) *
I've been looking at the wiki, and looking at the armor data file to get a feel for how it's laid out so I can make an data editor for each file.
So I've noticed a couple of things, and wanted to ask about them.
<addmodcategory> - I can't find any examples of this being used in the data file. Is it supposed to work the same way that <addoncategory> works or like <mods> and <gears>

Now I like consistency, things being done the same way.
<addoncategory> is basically a list, so is <mods> and <gears>, but the way they are implemented is different.
<addoncategory> has an entry for each category were as <mods> and <gears> have a subnode <name> and <usegear> respectively.
Is there any particular reason for the different way these were done?

The <gears> subnode <name> also has an attribute in the data file called "rating" are there any other attributes that can be applied to this node?

<addmodcategory> is in use in the armor.xml data file. The Victory line of clothing, Form-Fitting Bull-Body Suit, and Full Body Armor all use them. A Mod doesn't show up in the list of available Mods for the selected Armor unless its category matches the Armor's category (such as "Clothing"), or if its category is explicitly added through <addmodcategory>. This is how the Victory clothes get access to the Victory Liners Mod.

<mods> and <gears> are done a little differently because of how Gear works. <usegear> requires the name of an item that appears in gear.xml and will create it as though you added the item like any other piece of Gear. <gear>, on the other hand, makes up a new piece of Gear on the spot and is really only use by pre-packaged Nexi in the Gears file.

I wish I could say there was a good reason for <addoncategory> being the way it is. It's the same structure as the tag in Cyberware, Bioware, and Gear. I had originally planned on only letting things only include one <addoncategory>. When the need for multiple add-on categories came up, more of <addoncategory> tags were added since the app already understood how to deal with it. It's not a pretty solution, but it works so I'm not about to go mucking around with it. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 9 2012, 11:54 AM) *
<addmodcategory> is in use in the armor.xml data file. The Victory line of clothing, Form-Fitting Bull-Body Suit, and Full Body Armor all use them. A Mod doesn't show up in the list of available Mods for the selected Armor unless its category matches the Armor's category (such as "Clothing"), or if its category is explicitly added through <addmodcategory>. This is how the Victory clothes get access to the Victory Liners Mod.

<mods> and <gears> are done a little differently because of how Gear works. <usegear> requires the name of an item that appears in gear.xml and will create it as though you added the item like any other piece of Gear. <gear>, on the other hand, makes up a new piece of Gear on the spot and is really only use by pre-packaged Nexi in the Gears file.

I wish I could say there was a good reason for <addoncategory> being the way it is. It's the same structure as the tag in Cyberware, Bioware, and Gear. I had originally planned on only letting things only include one <addoncategory>. When the need for multiple add-on categories came up, more of <addoncategory> tags were added since the app already understood how to deal with it. It's not a pretty solution, but it works so I'm not about to go mucking around with it. smile.gif

strange I did a search for addmodcategory and didn't find anything; I did the search in firefox. Guess I'll try notepad.

Does the <name> node under <mods> have anything beyond rating being attached to it?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 9 2012, 01:27 PM) *
strange I did a search for addmodcategory and didn't find anything; I did the search in firefox. Guess I'll try notepad.

Does the <name> node under <mods> have anything beyond rating being attached to it?

Nope. rating is the only attribute that's allowed to be given to <name>. The tag must match the name of an existing Mod.
Chinane
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 9 2012, 05:37 PM) *
The Karma costs to buy MAG/RES after ESS loss has been discussed at length in the past. smile.gif The Karma cost for increasing MAG is always based on its current value, not what its value would be if you didn't have ESS loss. So if you have MAG 4, install a piece of 'ware that reduces your ESS to 5.90, making your MAG go down to 3, it would cost you 15 Karma (3 x 5), not 20 (4 x 5), because 3 is the actual value. ESS loss is an actual reduction to the Attribute's value, not a penalty/modifier. I used to think it was a penalty as well and would prefer if from a programming standpoint, but that's apparently not how it works. wink.gif

I'll have the Cyberware Grade thing fixed in the next update.

Cost for raising an attribute is always (NEW rating)x5, so in your example raising magic back to 4 would indeed cost 20 (4x5). I think you meant to say it would not cost 25 karma, as in raising 4(3) to 5(4) if it were treated as a modifier.

However, i never disputed how chummer is treating raising magic AFTER essence loss. The problem is specific for character creation.

Please check out what i wrote before:

[EDIT] Major analysis under a wrong assumption removed, I was correct in my first post above about chummer always giving a karma discount.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 9 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Cost for raising an attribute is always (NEW rating)x5, so in your example raising magic back to 4 would indeed cost 20 (4x5). I think you meant to say it would not cost 25 karma, as in raising 4(3) to 5(4) if it were treated as a modifier.

However, i never disputed how chummer is treating raising magic AFTER essence loss. The problem is specific for character creation.

Please check out what i wrote before:

After rereading the karma build rules i would actually take that back. It does seem to be allowed to go back and raise magic after implementing the 'ware.

However:

This rule still applies.

So the CHEAPEST way to compensate 1 magic loss from cyberware is raising MAG to 2 for 10 karma, implementing the 'ware and then going back to raise MAG to the desired value. Since chummer is lowering magic to 0 and then reraising, it does so for only 5 karma.

Unfortunately it gets more complicated than before, due to my misconception about not being allowed to go back wink.gif

The cheapest way to compensate for 2 magic loss by 'ware where no 'ware rating is >1 is for 20 karma, by compensating each separate point individually. If that's not possible, because there is a piece of 'ware with rating 1.x, the cost is 25 karma. Chummer doesn't differ between those situations and uses 15 smile.gif.

At 3 magic loss, chummer actually has a chance to be correct wink.gif. Depending on individual 'ware ratings, minimum cost to reraise can be anything from 30 to 45 karma (in steps of 5). Chummer will use 30 flat.

At 4/5 magic loss respectively, chummer can actually cost more than the optimal cost if possible. Minimum costs range from 40/50 to 70/100. Chummer uses 50/75 flat.

Where and in what rulebook does it say you can't go back and change an attribute while doing cyberware?

Chummer still decreases the max as well as the current, it just happens that it assumes that the original value you entered is really the one you want and spends more BP on making sure it stays at that value. If this is not to your liking you can always go back and decrease it down the way you think it should. It will come out to the same exact cost that it would if chummer hadn't increased it for you back to the original.

The maximum magic can cost in BP at character creation is 65. 40 to get to a 5 and 25 more to get to a 65, and this is what Chummer does if you watch the numbers as you move the attribute around.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 9 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Yes, sorry, I was going through a few things at once and messed that up. It would be 20 (new rating x 5). Duh. wobble.gif

From what I'm seeing, the costs in Chummer are still correct. Essence penalties are not applied during character creation; they're applied at the very end as describe under Finishing Touches on SR4 88. You cannot go back and change Attributes after that because you've finished creating your character. The way Chummer works emulates that by always presenting you with the numbers as though you have finished the creation process. I really don't want to get into this discussion again; this was addressed way back in May (build 78) with a rather lengthy series of messages and discussions and hasn't been an issue since.

As ShadowWalker mentioned, the number you enter is what is assumes you want your final MAG/RES to be. It will only decrease the current MAG/RES value if the maximum has gone below that.
Chinane
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 9 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Where and in what rulebook does it say you can't go back and change an attribute while doing cyberware?

I realized that the karma system is more lenient than i originally thought and modified my second post accordingly, please reread.

Chummer still decreases the max as well as the current, it just happens that it assumes that the original value you entered is really the one you want and spends more BP on making sure it stays at that value. If this is not to your liking you can always go back and decrease it down the way you think it should. It will come out to the same exact cost that it would if chummer hadn't increased it for you back to the original.

That is flat out wrong.

The maximum magic can cost in BP at character creation is 65. 40 to get to a 5 and 25 more to get to a 65, and this is what Chummer does if you watch the numbers as you move the attribute around.

Firstly, please check my post, i'm using karma build, not BP build.

Secondly, checking what chummer does when the attribute is maxxed is how i caught it in the first place. Magic 6 is 100 karma. Cybering 1 point with magic 6 reduces the spent karma to 75. There is no workaround for that behaviour.
Chinane
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 9 2012, 11:52 PM) *
From what I'm seeing, the costs in Chummer are still correct. Essence penalties are not applied during character creation; they're applied at the very end as describe under Finishing Touches on SR4 88. You cannot go back and change Attributes after that because you've finished creating your character.

If that is also true under the karma build system, my first post would again be valid and chummer _always_ gives a karma discount of (final magic)x5.
[EDIT:] I just checked, the finishing touches step is indeed also in the karma build rules, so maximum values apply.

This does NOT happen when building with BP btw. only for chargen with karma rules. It only now occured to me to check with BP.

P.S. Sorry for unburying a dead horse here, maybe you've not been aware of the difference in karma rules, though? Again, if you fully develop magic to 6 and THEN cyber up, used karma should not change. It drops from 100 to 75, though.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 9 2012, 06:07 PM) *
If that is also true under the karma build system, my first post would again be valid and chummer _always_ gives a karma discount of (final magic)x5.
[EDIT:] I just checked, the finishing touches step is indeed also in the karma build rules, so maximum values apply.

This does NOT happen when building with BP btw. only for chargen with karma rules. It only now occured to me to check with BP.

P.S. Sorry for unburying a dead horse here, maybe you've not been aware of the difference in karma rules, though? Again, if you fully develop magic to 6 and THEN cyber up, used karma should not change. It drops from 100 to 75, though.

Ok, I see what you're saying now! There was obviously some misunderstanding there - I saw the Karma cost formula and was thinking the Karma cost of improving a character during their career, but when you said in character gen I immediately went back to thinking in BP. wobble.gif This is an issue that only happens with Karma gen. It works properly with BP. I'll have this fixed for the next update. smile.gif

Just so we're on the same page: You buy MAG 6 (100 Karma). Add 1.4 ESS worth of 'ware, reducing your MAG to an effective 4 (or even 3.5 ESS reducing you to MAG 2). It should still cost 100 Karma in both scenarios, correct?
Chinane
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 10 2012, 01:37 AM) *
Ok, I see what you're saying now! There was obviously some misunderstanding there - I saw the Karma cost formula and was thinking the Karma cost of improving a character during their career, but when you said in character gen I immediately went back to thinking in BP. wobble.gif This is an issue that only happens with Karma gen. It works properly with BP. I'll have this fixed for the next update. smile.gif

Just so we're on the same page: You buy MAG 6 (100 Karma). Add 1.4 ESS worth of 'ware, reducing your MAG to an effective 4 (or even 3.5 ESS reducing you to MAG 2). It should still cost 100 Karma in both scenarios, correct?

Precisely.

MAG 6 is easy, though.

Your main problem will be if someone does not max out magic, buys cyberware and later (still in char-gen!) decides he needs more magic.
For example:

- buying 'ware at MAG 4
- chummer (after being fixed smile.gif) conserves MAG 4 for 25 karma (so far so good)
- raising MAG to 5 will cost 25 karma, but chummer also needs to re-adjust the cost for the removed MAG point to 30
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 10 2012, 02:57 AM) *
Precisely.

MAG 6 is easy, though.

Your main problem will be if someone does not max out magic, buys cyberware and later (still in char-gen!) decides he needs more magic.
For example:

- buying 'ware at MAG 4
- chummer (after being fixed smile.gif) conserves MAG 4 for 25 karma (so far so good)
- raising MAG to 5 will cost 25 karma, but chummer also needs to re-adjust the cost for the removed MAG point to 30

MAG 4 in Karma gen should cost 20 Karma for a total of 45 (MAG 1 is free with the Quality + MAG 2 (10) + MAG 3 (15) + MAG 4 (20)).
If you add a piece of 'ware, your effective MAG stays at 4 but now costs you a total of 70 Karma since it's actually MAG 5 during character generation (+25 Karma).
If you then wanted to bump it up to an effective 5 (6 actual during character gen), it would cost you an extra 30 for a total of 100.

Buying MAG 6 and adding .4 ESS worth of 'ware to drop you to 5 vs. buying MAG 4, adding .4 ESS worth of 'ware to drop you to 3, then putting yourself up to MAG 5 all cost the same, regardless of the order since the ESS penalties are applied to MAG/RES at the very end of the creation process.

That might sound a little nutty - I'm thinking in actual and effective values at the same time. The numbers are working out properly now in my development copy. I'll have an update out this evening. smile.gif
Chinane
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 10 2012, 03:05 PM) *
MAG 4 in Karma gen should cost 20 Karma for a total of 45 (MAG 1 is free with the Quality + MAG 2 (10) + MAG 3 (15) + MAG 4 (20)).
If you add a piece of 'ware, your effective MAG stays at 4 but now costs you a total of 70 Karma since it's actually MAG 5 during character generation (+25 Karma).
If you then wanted to bump it up to an effective 5 (6 actual during character gen), it would cost you an extra 30 for a total of 100.

Buying MAG 6 and adding .4 ESS worth of 'ware to drop you to 5 vs. buying MAG 4, adding .4 ESS worth of 'ware to drop you to 3, then putting yourself up to MAG 5 all cost the same, regardless of the order since the ESS penalties are applied to MAG/RES at the very end of the creation process.

That might sound a little nutty - I'm thinking in actual and effective values at the same time. The numbers are working out properly now in my development copy. I'll have an update out this evening. smile.gif

Doesn't sound nutty at all, just worded it a bit differently from me with the same result. wink.gif
(Internally i would also have used actual and effective stat)
Chinane
Kinetics is limited to 3 levels now. Powers data file doesn't show that yet.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 10 2012, 08:48 AM) *
Kinetics is limited to 3 levels now. Powers data file doesn't show that yet.

I've updated the Powers data file to correct this.
forgarn
I have noticed a couple things:

1) Ruthenium Polymer Coating does not take any capacity on armor or helmets (Arsenal pg.50)
2) Quick Release on Military armor uses 2 capacity not 1 (Arsenal pg.182)
3) Barrel Extension increases each range category by 10%. My Sniper Rifle without is 150/350/800/1500. With Barrel Extension it should be 165/385/880/1650, but chummer calculated it at 180/420/960/1800 (using the 20% for the reduction instead of the 10%).
Nebular
QUOTE (forgarn @ Feb 10 2012, 11:42 AM) *
I have noticed a couple things:

1) Ruthenium Polymer Coating does not take any capacity on armor or helmets (Arsenal pg.50)
2) Quick Release on Military armor uses 2 capacity not 1 (Arsenal pg.182)
3) Barrel Extension increases each range category by 10%. My Sniper Rifle without is 150/350/800/1500. With Barrel Extension it should be 165/385/880/1650, but chummer calculated it at 180/420/960/1800 (using the 20% for the reduction instead of the 10%).

Nuts. I've updated the Armor and Weapons data files to correct these. Thanks for pointing 'em out. smile.gif
Chinane
Heh, i was just about to bring up capacity for armors too.

I thought the reason for them always having rating 0 might be because you named the tag <armorcapacity> in XML and later went with a general <capacity> tag for gear?
deurk
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 10 2012, 08:33 PM) *
Heh, i was just about to bring up capacity for armors too.

I thought the reason for them always having rating 0 might be because you named the tag <armorcapacity> in XML and later went with a general <capacity> tag for gear?

I think it is more linked to the AR,44 rule about armor capacity (you can check the options of Chummer regarding that).
forgarn
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 10 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Nuts. I've updated the Armor and Weapons data files to correct these. Thanks for pointing 'em out. smile.gif

Sorry, I did find another one. The YNT Softweave is a material and does not show a capacity at all. It is like the Ruthenium Polymer Coating and is added to the armor. You have capacity of 1 and it should be 0.
Chinane
QUOTE (deurk @ Feb 10 2012, 08:44 PM) *
I think it is more linked to the AR,44 rule about armor capacity (you can check the options of Chummer regarding that).

Yeah, that's the reason, thank you.
Nebular
Build 311
  • added support for <notoriety /> to the Improvement Manager which adjusts the character's Notoriety rating
  • Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness now automatically calculate based on the formulas from SR4 265 in addition to using the GM-awarded bonus fields that are already present
  • fixed an issue where Cyberware Essence costs would occasionally round to 3 decimal places instead of 2
  • fixed an issue where Cyberware would always be added as Standard Grade when in Create Mode, regardless of the Grade that was selected in the Add Cyberware window
  • standard Gear can now include <system>, <response>, and <firewall> to assign these attributes for non-Commlink devices
  • fixed an issue where MAG/RES cost was not being calculated correct in Create Mode when building with Karma and the character has reduced their essence through Cyberware/Bioware
New Strings
  • Message_BurnStreetCred
  • MessageTitle_BurnStreetCred
  • Label_StreetCred
  • Label_Notoriety
  • Label_PublicAwareness
  • Tip_BurnStreetCred
  • String_CareerKarma
  • String_StreetCred
  • String_BurntStreetCred
  • String_Notoriety
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 10 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Build 311[list]
[*]standard Gear can now include <system>, <response>, and <firewall> to assign these attributes for non-Commlink devices

No signal?
How do you use this with already existing gear? Just use the Commlink Upgrades Operating Systems Category so that it adds that attribute? Does it work with Cyberware?

Edit: Looks like the window includes Signal, so probably just an accidental omission.

Noticed that there is no Signal 0 in the Commlink Upgrades category. Which normally wouldn't be a problem unless the above is true.
Many devices have a zero signal, such as cyberware. Who wants someone a km away to hack their cyberware? hehe
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 10 2012, 05:29 PM) *
No signal?
How do you use this with already existing gear? Just use the Commlink Upgrades Operating Systems Category so that it adds that attribute? Does it work with Cyberware?

Edit: Looks like the window includes Signal, so probably just an accidental omission.

Noticed that there is no Signal 0 in the Commlink Upgrades category. Which normally wouldn't be a problem unless the above is true.
Many devices have a zero signal, such as cyberware. Who wants someone a km away to hack their cyberware? hehe

Standard Gear already supported Signal, so it was intentionally left out in saying "here's what's new". wink.gif
SpellBinder
Thought of this too late, but in the next update (or whenever) would it be possible to include the Limited Spell option to the custom spells creator?

Added: Just found this when making a Burnout Mystic Adept, the Reflex Recorder bioware item only works on Combat and Physical skills.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 10 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Standard Gear already supported Signal, so it was intentionally left out in saying "here's what's new". wink.gif

So how do we change the values for the existing gear, and does it affect cyberware, armor and weapons as well?
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 11 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Build 311
  • Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness now automatically calculate based on the formulas from SR4 265 in addition to using the GM-awarded bonus fields that are already present

Great, did you put in place the chargen ones too? The fact that some negative traits do bring notoriety from the start could be interesting to have on character creation.
dragrubis
Hi,

I found a bug when i want to add an advanced echo in french it's impossible saying that i don't have all requirements and listing : nothing...
deurk
Got 34 Carrier Karma and my Cred is 4, is that normal?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 10 2012, 11:03 PM) *
So how do we change the values for the existing gear, and does it affect cyberware, armor and weapons as well?

You don't. The Sensor property for standard Gear is primarily there for Vehicle/Drone Sensors.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Feb 11 2012, 06:15 AM) *
Great, did you put in place the chargen ones too? The fact that some negative traits do bring notoriety from the start could be interesting to have on character creation.

There are Qualities that affect it, but the Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness fields aren't there in Create Mode. I should probably add the calculated ones.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Feb 11 2012, 07:06 AM) *
Got 34 Carrier Karma and my Cred is 4, is that normal?

Yup. Street Cred = Career Karma / 10, rounded up.
Nebular
QUOTE (dragrubis @ Feb 11 2012, 06:21 AM) *
Hi,

I found a bug when i want to add an advanced echo in french it's impossible saying that i don't have all requirements and listing : nothing...

Which Echo are you trying to add?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 11 2012, 10:13 AM) *
You don't. The Sensor property for standard Gear is primarily there for Vehicle/Drone Sensors.

Except that Peripheral Devices includes items from Standard Gear, Cyberware, Armor, and Weapons.
All Peripheral Devices have those 4 attributes, Response, Signal, System and Firewall.
What's worse is that Peripheral Devices ignore the regular rules about System not being higher than Response.

The Category I created, Peripheral Devices is showing up correctly but each item within the list is not showing correctly.
The individual items are showing in the list as "Chummer.ListItem" instead of their name.
If I click on them I get an exception.

The following is an example of one of the entries I created.
[ Spoiler ]
Hellfire
Hello,

I just noticed a small flaw when creating an AI character: The first poitn of edge costs 15 BP, even though it should be included in the "race" costs of 110 BP:

see RC 89:
An AI’s Mental attributes and Edge start at 1. It may buy
up these attributes at the standard BP costs for attributes (p. 73,
SR4 ). The natural maximum for the Mental attributes is 6, and the ...

thanks for correcting this.

best regards
Hellfire
One other small flaw in latest version:

when adding and binding a summoning focus the dice pool bonus for summoning is not shown in the char sheet.

thanks for your great work... smile.gif
Chinane
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 12 2012, 11:45 AM) *
One other small flaw in latest version:

when adding and binding a summoning focus the dice pool bonus for summoning is not shown in the char sheet.

thanks for your great work... smile.gif

Does it have to be activated before adding the dice pool?
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 11 2012, 06:08 PM) *
I just noticed a small flaw when creating an AI character: The first poitn of edge costs 15 BP, even though it should be included in the "race" costs of 110 BP:

see RC 89:
An AI’s Mental attributes and Edge start at 1. It may buy
up these attributes at the standard BP costs for attributes (p. 73,
SR4 ). The natural maximum for the Mental attributes is 6, and the ...

I'll have the EDG bit fixed in the next update.

QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 12 2012, 04:45 AM) *

A Fous doesn't add its bonus unless it's Bonded to the character (simply having it isn't enough). After you add the Focus to an Awakened character, you should see the Focus appear in the Bonded Foci list next to the Gear list. When you put a check mark beside it, the Focus will become Bonded. The only Focus that currently adds any bonuses to the character is the Power Focus; all of the other ones only apply to certain Spell categories and Spirit types, so their bonus is conditional.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 11 2012, 01:53 PM) *
Except that Peripheral Devices includes items from Standard Gear, Cyberware, Armor, and Weapons.
All Peripheral Devices have those 4 attributes, Response, Signal, System and Firewall.
What's worse is that Peripheral Devices ignore the regular rules about System not being higher than Response.

The Category I created, Peripheral Devices is showing up correctly but each item within the list is not showing correctly.
The individual items are showing in the list as "Chummer.ListItem" instead of their name.
If I click on them I get an exception.

The following is an example of one of the entries I created.

Er... the Peripherals category already exists in the core data files. You provided them to me quite a while back. Wouldn't it be more fitting to just update the ones that are already there?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 10:19 AM) *
Er... the Peripherals category already exists in the core data files. You provided them to me quite a while back. Wouldn't it be more fitting to just update the ones that are already there?

bah, I probably forgot to delete it from my custom file. Which is probably why it's bugged.

Just noticed the category is showing up twice, and the items in both categories are giving Chummer.ListItem thing.
Might want to do something to filter out duplicate categories from different files.
After deleting the duplicate category it's still showing Chummer.ListItem.

The Chummer.ListItem thing didn't dissapear until I deleted all the items that I had added under Peripherals.

Is there a way to have Peripherals be used for Plugins only? Maybe have a <PluginOnly>True</PluginOnly> or even something on the Category that is <category PluginOnly="True">Peripherals</category>
Both of those would work well. As it's possible that individual items could be a plugin and so could an entire category.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 04:16 PM) *
A Fous doesn't add its bonus unless it's Bonded to the character (simply having it isn't enough). After you add the Focus to an Awakened character, you should see the Focus appear in the Bonded Foci list next to the Gear list. When you put a check mark beside it, the Focus will become Bonded. The only Focus that currently adds any bonuses to the character is the Power Focus; all of the other ones only apply to certain Spell categories and Spirit types, so their bonus is conditional.

It is bonded, however you are right that it is a conditional bonus.
This however does not appear when you add the focus to your equipment. You are buying just the general focus and not a specific one for a spirit type. Perhaps you can expand the list of foci with summoning, banishing and binding foci for all spirit types (Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Man, Beast, Plant, Guide, Guard, Task) like you did for for example the spellcasting foci or perhaps make it a dropdown menu like with genetic optimization, so when buying a spirit foci you have to select a spirit type from the same list that is connected to the selected tradition?

Is this possible?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 12 2012, 10:41 AM) *
This however does not appear when you add the focus to your equipment. You are buying just the general focus and not a specific one for a spirit type. Perhaps you can expand the list of foci with summoning, banishing and binding foci for all spirit types (Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Man, Beast, Plant, Guide, Guard, Task) like you did for for example the spellcasting foci or perhaps make it a dropdown menu like with genetic optimization, so when buying a spirit foci you have to select a spirit type from the same list that is connected to the selected tradition?

Is this possible?

For conditional bonuses you can use the Improvements tab to get it to show up.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 12 2012, 09:41 AM) *

Is this possible?

Yeah, I realised this right after I typed it. The Banishing, Binding, and Summoning Foci don't actually ask you for a value. nyahnyah.gif I'll have this corrected in the next update. I'm also updating the Spellcasting Foci so that they add their bonus to Spellcasting Tests for the appropriate Category, as well as adding a Dice Pool field to the Spells tab that shows the size of the dice pool for the select Spell. Gunslingers have it on their guns, so why shouldn't Magicians have it for their Spells? biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 12 2012, 09:38 AM) *
bah, I probably forgot to delete it from my custom file. Which is probably why it's bugged.

Just noticed the category is showing up twice, and the items in both categories are giving Chummer.ListItem thing.
Might want to do something to filter out duplicate categories from different files.
After deleting the duplicate category it's still showing Chummer.ListItem.

The Chummer.ListItem thing didn't dissapear until I deleted all the items that I had added under Peripherals.

Is there a way to have Peripherals be used for Plugins only? Maybe have a <PluginOnly>True</PluginOnly> or even something on the Category that is <category PluginOnly="True">Peripherals</category>
Both of those would work well. As it's possible that individual items could be a plugin and so could an entire category.

If you want it to only be usable as a plugin, change it's Capacity from 0 to [0]. 0 implies it grants 0 Capacity and can potentially have plugins. [0] means it eats up 0 Capacity from a parent and must be used as a plugin.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 11:18 AM) *
If you want it to only be usable as a plugin, change it's Capacity from 0 to [0]. 0 implies it grants 0 Capacity and can potentially have plugins. [0] means it eats up 0 Capacity from a parent and must be used as a plugin.

If I try adding Gear, and I select the Peripherals Category the items show up but as the Chummer.ListItems.
When I click "Add Gear" they all show up, and say Capacity [0].

Edit: Looked at the data in my custom file and it has capacity 0. The thing is, they should be only used as Plugins, but can themselves be upgraded with a higher response, signal, system and firewall.

What's strange is if I add custom items to the list the entire list of items in the Category show up as Chummer.ListItems.

[ Spoiler ]

Is there a way to get this particular Category to show up as plugin for Armor, Firearms and Cyberware?

I had an idea for the Commlink Cyberware and Weapon Commlink accessory.
When added, have a window pop up that lists all the commlinks under the Commlink Category.
When selected the commlink will show up in the tree attached to the cyberware or weapon.
You could add something like, <ChoosePluginFromCategory>Commlinks</ChoosePluginFromCategory>
And when Chummer sees this partifular item it gives the user a list to choose from based on the items in the category.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 12 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Yeah, I realised this right after I typed it. The Banishing, Binding, and Summoning Foci don't actually ask you for a value. nyahnyah.gif I'll have this corrected in the next update. I'm also updating the Spellcasting Foci so that they add their bonus to Spellcasting Tests for the appropriate Category, as well as adding a Dice Pool field to the Spells tab that shows the size of the dice pool for the select Spell. Gunslingers have it on their guns, so why shouldn't Magicians have it for their Spells? biggrin.gif

SUPER GREAT! smile.gif can't wait for the next release...
ShadowWalker
The Commlink, program running stuff you just added should include all software.
Empathy, Facial Recognition, Programming Software Suite, etc, all take up processor limit while running.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 12 2012, 12:38 PM) *
The Commlink, program running stuff you just added should include all software.
Empathy, Facial Recognition, Programming Software Suite, etc, all take up processor limit while running.

Looks like this is the only one that wasn't included in the list of what's considered to be software. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 12 2012, 11:22 AM) *
If I try adding Gear, and I select the Peripherals Category the items show up but as the Chummer.ListItems.
When I click "Add Gear" they all show up, and say Capacity [0].

Edit: Looked at the data in my custom file and it has capacity 0. The thing is, they should be only used as Plugins, but can themselves be upgraded with a higher response, signal, system and firewall.

What's strange is if I add custom items to the list the entire list of items in the Category show up as Chummer.ListItems.

Is there a way to get this particular Category to show up as plugin for Armor, Firearms and Cyberware?

I had an idea for the Commlink Cyberware and Weapon Commlink accessory.
When added, have a window pop up that lists all the commlinks under the Commlink Category.
When selected the commlink will show up in the tree attached to the cyberware or weapon.
You could add something like, <ChoosePluginFromCategory>Commlinks</ChoosePluginFromCategory>
And when Chummer sees this partifular item it gives the user a list to choose from based on the items in the category.

The XML you have is missing a few elements that Chummer requires (it doesn't validate against the XSD file). Specifically, it's missing <rating>. When I add <rating> to them, they appear properly in my copy.

There is no way to mark a piece of Gear as being an allowable plugin for Cyberware or Weapons since they know nothing about Gear (and introduces a ton of complications). You can mark a piece of Gear as being allowed as an Armor plugin by include <armorcapacity>[1]</armorcapacity> (or whatever amount of Capacity it should consume). A Category automatically shows up in the list for Armor plugins if it has at least one item that can be added as an Armor plugin. The window basically adds all of the categories, then removes those that don't have at least one selectable item.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012