Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 10:19 AM) *
* for the tootips of "Equipped" (armors - checkbox's name is Checkbox_Equipped) and "Installed" (weapons mod and accesories, checkbox's name is ...Checkbox_Installed), the two tooltips comes from hardcoded messages in english.

(Nebular, please don't hesitate to tell if you want me to stop spam, I don't know if you'll correct all of these or if I bother you, or if each time you finish something I've got a new thing... Things should calm down a bit very soon, I think.)

btw, somebody with a computer at a low resolution (said as 1366x768) reported too long tooltips that made unfinished sentences at the end of the tooltip's bubble. I fixed that by \n some tooltips in the middle of the sentence.

That was :
Tip_OtherBallisticArmor
Tip_OtherImpactArmor

Pointing this stuff out is very helpful. It's hard to figure out what isn't being translated properly when all I have is the English content and just general stuff with them that I don't catch, so pointing and laughing at my mistakes is helpful. smile.gif (though having a proper non-English file will certainly help now as well) The missing tooltips will be in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Thorguild @ Sep 12 2011, 10:23 AM) *
First-time poster here.

Chummer is awesome! I'm impressed by the ease and polish of this great app, and it's made a huge difference in my new SR game. Thanks so much for making it available for us.

We use Maptools for our game. I'd like to request a feature to use Chummer to create a Maptools icon compatible with Veggiesama's SR 4 framework. It would help us out a lot.

Thanks again for the great application,

Thorguild

Neat idea. I'll have to look into this as I've never used MapTools before. Hopefully it's not too hard to create the character for it.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Pointing this stuff out is very helpful. It's hard to figure out what isn't being translated properly when all I have is the English content and just general stuff with them that I don't catch, so pointing and laughing at my mistakes is helpful. smile.gif (though having a proper non-English file will certainly help now as well) The missing tooltips will be in the next update.

There's files, a french one to check spacings and maybe a more usefull and mysterious x language, made to spot very quickly where things are hardcoded.

Check back post #2000 (I'm the 2000 man yay, I'm the 2000 man yay biggrin.gif).

I worked around the spacings via dirty abreviations, the most critical was equipement button where the sub-button didn't apeared. If you say buttons are dynamic now maybe the texts of these would be more clear and clean.

2000 posts, Nebular, what a success smile.gif smile.gif
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 07:59 AM) *
I forgot to move these out of the Mod section when I moved Helmets and Shields since they stack like them. They can be worn separately and do not need to be attached to a piece of armor, just like Helmets and Shields.

okay, but they can still be added as Mods because they take up slots, so shouldn't there be an option to add them as mods also?
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 12 2011, 03:12 PM) *
okay, but they can still be added as Mods because they take up slots, so shouldn't there be an option to add them as mods also?

I'm not seeing where it's said that they're actual Armor Modifications. (AR 49 is where I'm looking to put things in context) It states that they modify your worn Armor value like Helmets, but it doesn't actually say they're Armor Mods. (Just like Helmets and Shields - they modify your overall Armor Ratings but do not actually plug in to a piece of Armor like Chemical Protection or Insulation do).
deurk
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 02:16 PM) *
Could you please then consider adding it to the house rules options?
Maybe something labelled "Allow indirect INI enhancement through REA when INI enhancement is prohibited" or whatever you could state clearer?

Nebular?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Nebular?

This is unfortunately written into the data file itself (meaning it affects everyone in the same way regardless of options - some items have a precidence that says they override everything else), so making this an option isn't possible.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 08:40 PM) *
This is unfortunately written into the data file itself (meaning it affects everyone in the same way regardless of options - some items have a precidence that says they override everything else), so making this an option isn't possible.

So that means even ignoring creation rules won't help changing this behavior?
frown.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 04:03 PM) *
So that means even ignoring creation rules won't help changing this behavior?
frown.gif

Unfortunately not, no, as these ignore the creation rules (amount of BP you can put into something) but not the game system rules. I would like some official clarification on the item as there are a number of inconsistencies with a number of items, though trying to get any sort of answer from the Catalyst people seems to be virtually impossible now.
deurk
Another one then, here is a screenshot of a STR calculus involving once again the gland.
On it you can see total is 3 but tooltip shows a total of 4.

https://picasaweb.google.com/10392706643884...584448062766434

Any idea why?
Thanks smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 04:07 PM) *
Unfortunately not, no, as these ignore the creation rules (amount of BP you can put into something) but not the game system rules. I would like some official clarification on the item as there are a number of inconsistencies with a number of items, though trying to get any sort of answer from the Catalyst people seems to be virtually impossible now.

Hmm... Now that I'm actually home and looking at the data file, I'm wondering why I made Synaptic Booster a precedence 0 item (ignore all other values and use only that one), as opposed to a precedence 1 (ignore all other non-precedence 1 items and add all precedence 1 items together). It's more a matter of the player making sure the Bioware/Cyberware they select is doable. This would still override any bonuses a character would have from having an Adept Power. No idea why I did that now. I guess I will change that then. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Another one then, here is a screenshot of a STR calculus involving once again the gland.
On it you can see total is 3 but tooltip shows a total of 4.

https://picasaweb.google.com/10392706643884...584448062766434

Any idea why?
Thanks smile.gif

Not sure since the screenshot doesn't show much apart from the modifiers. smile.gif The only thing that comes to mind is a Cyberlimb (or multiple Cyberlimbs) that has a STR below 4 that is throwing off your average (it shows the avg. BOD/STR/AGI for all 5 of your "limbs" - torso, two limbs, two legs). If you don't have any Cyberlimbs, I'd need to check out the save file to see what's up.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Not sure since the screenshot doesn't show much apart from the modifiers. smile.gif The only thing that comes to mind is a Cyberlimb (or multiple Cyberlimbs) that has a STR below 4 that is throwing off your average (it shows the avg. BOD/STR/AGI for all 5 of your "limbs" - torso, two limbs, two legs). If you don't have any Cyberlimbs, I'd need to check out the save file to see what's up.

No need, spot on. Sorry about that. It would be nice if it could appear in the tooltip as it is not the first time is has happened to me and I keep wondering what creates that. nyahnyah.gif

Oh, just a user experience thingie: the skills tab is difficult to use and prone to mistakes as on both top and bottom parts, skills are too numerous to be displayed on one page and you need to scroll up and down to display them... Only problem is that the mouse wheel can accidently (but very easily) change the rating of the skill you last modified or selected.

Am I the only one to experience that?
ChatNoir
You are not alone, I've had the scroll problem several times. It's not super problematic sure, but on the other hand, scrolling to increase the skill value doesn't seem natural either. Specially with the usual mouse setting to scroll 3 lines at once (witch obviously increase the skill by 3).
ShadowWalker
This is a usual problem with these types of applications. It's all based on what object within the window has focus, or has the keyboard focus. Windows always sends mouse actions to that control when it comes to the wheel.
Maybe what could change is the ability to focus on the individual skill panel by click on empty space, or tab to it. There might also be the possibility to disable the mouse wheel with the control that is being used, but I don't know what options are available with what's being used.
Nebular
Build 195
  • Tip_OtherCMPhysical and Tip_OtherCMStun are now bound to the proper fields
  • Label_DiceRoller_Result now displays for all results an intended, not just Critical Glitches
  • fixed a number of text alignment issues
  • buttons now resize and reposition themselves based on their string length
  • String_SelectBP_BPSummary properly initialises in the selected language
  • Ignore Rules checkbox now reads its tooltip from the language file
  • Physical and Stun labels on the Condition Monitor tab are now translated correctly
  • tooltips for the tool bar are now populated from the selected language
  • tooltips for the Armor Equipped and Weapon Installed checkboxes now come from the language file
  • menus are now merged properly when using the non-default language
  • added support for setting markup amount when purchasing Gear in Career Mode
  • marked Synaptic Booster's precedence as 1
New Strings
  • Tip_SelectBP_IgnoreRules
  • Tip_ArmorEquipped
  • Tip_WeaponInstalled
  • Label_SelectGear_Markup
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 02:20 PM) *
I'm not seeing where it's said that they're actual Armor Modifications. (AR 49 is where I'm looking to put things in context) It states that they modify your worn Armor value like Helmets, but it doesn't actually say they're Armor Mods. (Just like Helmets and Shields - they modify your overall Armor Ratings but do not actually plug in to a piece of Armor like Chemical Protection or Insulation do).

yeah i read the line: "These items modify the rating of armor worn..." and thought they were armor mods.. i could have sworn they took up slots, but can't find that anywhere now,.. oh well. Thanks
deurk
Great!

Got another catch: when you own a few customized armors that have a Strengh Upgrade, the sum of all the Strengh Upgrades gets added to the STR of the character, even if armors are not specified as Equipped.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 04:40 PM) *

Could he not create a custom datafile with a custom similar item that has his mods to it? So both would show up in the pick list, and he just has to pick the modified one?
Jazz
* Tooltips from (+) and (-) buttons (from lifestyle, equipement and so on) are in english.

* Tooltips from (+) and (-) buttons from lifestyle are the same "Decrease the number of pre-paid"...

* All of these tooltips seems hardcoded (sorry for messages and button names there)

* Would appreciate a (+) button for item, especially depleted ammo. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, let's call that a very handy bug, that makes depleted ammo stacks not disappearing from your Gear list. Usefull as a reminder. In this case and this case only, a "Buy more" button would pop up calling the buy menu with that item allready founded and highligthed. Or, for any item, put that "Buy more" option in the "add gear" submenu for exemple.

* Selling an item (for exemple an armor) : the pop up windows kept its english name. I think that's Title_SellItem

* House Rule : Way of the Adept are free

* House Rule : Unoffical Erratas for Way of the Adept (see Critias's who is the author of that one here for exemple)

(-edit- nice job btw)
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Sep 12 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Could he not create a custom datafile with a custom similar item that has his mods to it? So both would show up in the pick list, and he just has to pick the modified one?

I updated the Bioware file with the last update to make them work together if they're both on a character. While it could have been done by creating two pieces of Bioware that reproduce the effects, this was how it should have been implemented to begin with.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 12:54 AM) *
I updated the Bioware file with the last update to make them work together if they're both on a character. While it could have been done by creating two pieces of Bioware that reproduce the effects, this was how it should have been implemented to begin with.

Tested with latest version and it's... convenient but confusing: If you add the Synaptic Booster (REA and INI +2) before the Gland (REA + 1), then Gland is ignored for REA calculus and total augmented REA, with a base of 5, becomes 7. If you add the Gland first, then the Synaptic Booster, total augmented REA then beceomes 8.

Like I said: convenient for me because I wanted to have 8 with both implants taken into account, but I think that is not what you wanted to achieve or is it?

Thanks Nebular.
Jazz
Nebular, I'd like you tell me what you think about that, to provide further translation for Chummer. I'm making hypothesis on how Chummer works, too.

I'll take the example of armor.xml.

- you have these english normal xml (armor.xml)

- you'd have translated xml (fr_armor.xml, or [name of the lang file]_[name of the english file].xml)

- we'd ask a new index in armor.xml (that would be a normal incremental number within the records), initialized at space.

- the file fr_armor.xml with the same index, put with the record of the corresponding item.

- when Chummer reads armor .xml, it put "most certainly" the readen informations in a table => we'd ask a new column in this table of the same type than the english name and eventually another one for the index.

- when Chummer reads from armor.xml : it reads armor.xml as normal, reads also the index from armor.xml.

- if the langage is not english, with that index, find the corresponding translated name in the file fr_armor.xml, then stock it in the new column of the reading table. We can also eventually imagine that the records from fr_armor provides overwriting informations (like page numbers, different erratas like for german books, etc). Don't do anything if the record is not found.

- make all computing stuff as usual, using item names in english and various informations from your table.

- each time the soft have to write in the UI, then use in place of the english name, the new column name in the reading table which comes from fr_armor.xml. If the translated name is space, display the english one.

I think that would take you the less work to do. We also can provide quite with ease files like fr_armor.xml. The only long problem with us will be the page numbers.

We have other thing to translate if this is the method, like category names. That would be another new column in your reading table. That way you can use hardcoded english names wherever you want in Chummer.

I think also that would not makes problem if you want to errata english items, since all the informations is in english files.

And it would not be a problem for you to add new items in your list in case of a new english book. These items won't be translated, that is all (anyway the french books are, say, 1.5 year late vs the english books). (*)

With additional material from region-specif books, we would pass via custom files (or some kind of new custom files), like for german content or japoneese stuff if they'd like to do the translating work too. (*)

I'd like your though about that, if you agrees or not, if I'm wrong here or there, if you'd have really big technical difficulties to make so or if that makes the update process (of armor.xml for exemple) difficult, if that would make Chummer a lot slower (I can give more details for fast merging files, meaning that would take the reading to make the IO operations to read armor.xml + the IO operations to read fr_armor.xml (not multiplied if you read all the fr_armor.xml each time you have a new record in armor.xml)) or anything that comes to your mind.

(*) that may put the problem of region-specific book. Items that comes from different books, book index, etc. I don't really know how chummer works to be of some help there.
deurk
Another request regarding UX:

Could we have a checkbox on the skills page to hide all the skills where we did not put any points (ie any 0 rating skills).
It would make that page easier to use when you just want to tweak already defined skills.

If you don't like the idea, maybe then switch the label of the skill in bold as soon as points are spent on it, or anything that could help identify quickly skills that have been picked.

Thanks!
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 05:42 PM) *
Great!

Got another catch: when you own a few customized armors that have a Strengh Upgrade, the sum of all the Strengh Upgrades gets added to the STR of the character, even if armors are not specified as Equipped.

Yikes, that's apparently been there for quite some time and never caught. This will be fixed in the next update.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Yikes, that's apparently been there for quite some time and never caught. This will be fixed in the next update.

Wonderful biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 13 2011, 07:30 AM) *
Another request regarding UX:

Could we have a checkbox on the skills page to hide all the skills where we did not put any points (ie any 0 rating skills).
It would make that page easier to use when you just want to tweak already defined skills.

If you don't like the idea, maybe then switch the label of the skill in bold as soon as points are spent on it, or anything that could help identify quickly skills that have been picked.

Thanks!

This is currently in Career Mode (there's a drop down list right above the Active Skills to choose what you'd like to see). I intentionally left this out of Create Mode since everything is a 0 Rating Skill until you put points into them. I could copy this over to Create Mode if people really wanted it.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 01:44 PM) *
I could copy this over to Create Mode if people really wanted it.

Would be great imo.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 13 2011, 07:28 AM) *
Nebular, I'd like you tell me what you think about that, to provide further translation for Chummer. I'm making hypothesis on how Chummer works, too.

... Stuff! ...

I have a very rough idea in my head that is something like that. New items or variations from the English versions would need to be handled as custom data files. My intention is to keep using the English content and replace the item name, category name, and page number from the translated version of the file (book wouldn't change, though the name and code would which would be handled by the translated version of books.xml). Custom data files would not be covered by translations - only the standard data files will be. At least that's how I originally envisioned it. I'm honestly not ready to start thinking about more translation stuff just yet. (I'd also like to get all of the current translation issues out of the way before introducing any new ones)
Nebular

QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 06:53 PM) *
* Tooltips from (+) and (-) buttons (from lifestyle, equipement and so on) are in english.

* Tooltips from (+) and (-) buttons from lifestyle are the same "Decrease the number of pre-paid"...

* All of these tooltips seems hardcoded (sorry for messages and button names there)

* Would appreciate a (+) button for item, especially depleted ammo. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, let's call that a very handy bug, that makes depleted ammo stacks not disappearing from your Gear list. Usefull as a reminder. In this case and this case only, a "Buy more" button would pop up calling the buy menu with that item allready founded and highligthed. Or, for any item, put that "Buy more" option in the "add gear" submenu for exemple.

* Selling an item (for exemple an armor) : the pop up windows kept its english name. I think that's Title_SellItem

*sigh* Just when you think you've got 'em all... wobble.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 01:57 PM) *
(book wouldn't change, though the name and code would which would be handled by the translated version of books.xml)

That's me speculating on how the japoneese books will look (EDIT : AND War! in german which seems to have removed some things here and there)

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 01:57 PM) *
(I'd also like to get all of the current translation issues out of the way before introducing any new ones)

I think our current version is stable enough. I see no feedback from betatesters so I'm PMing you that file now.
(EDIT : PM sent smile.gif)
Marwynn
I like the latest updates that made this usable in Win7 but somehow I can't seem to see all the options like I did before. Say for Adept powers, I see one checkbox when I add a power and that line is all squished. So I don't know if it's the box for a Geas or Adept Way.

The Karma Summary on the right side seems to overlap the labels over the actual numbers. But hey, I can see all the Skills now!

Nebular
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Sep 13 2011, 03:22 PM) *
I like the latest updates that made this usable in Win7 but somehow I can't seem to see all the options like I did before. Say for Adept powers, I see one checkbox when I add a power and that line is all squished. So I don't know if it's the box for a Geas or Adept Way.

The Karma Summary on the right side seems to overlap the labels over the actual numbers. But hey, I can see all the Skills now!

That's weird. Both my laptop and desktop machines are running Windows 7 and it looks just fine (the desktop is also the development machine). Two of my players are also using Windows 7 on their laptops and don't have any issues at our games. Could you take a screenshot and post a link to it so I can see what it looks like on yours?
Marwynn
Here you go. A little small though.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 13 2011, 09:44 AM) *
This is currently in Career Mode (there's a drop down list right above the Active Skills to choose what you'd like to see). I intentionally left this out of Create Mode since everything is a 0 Rating Skill until you put points into them. I could copy this over to Create Mode if people really wanted it.

What I would like to see would be a drop down that changes the sort order.
Give the option to sort by Group Skill, by Skill Rating, or the default Alphabetical.
ChatNoir
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 13 2011, 11:02 PM) *
Give the option to sort by Group Skill, by Skill Rating, or the default Alphabetical.

Maybe also sorting by associated attribute ?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Sep 13 2011, 04:17 PM) *

Could also do A->Z and Z->A for each of them as well.
Nebular
French language file is now available courtesy of Jazz and the fine folks who tested everything (ChatNoir, deurk, KharN, Leoric, Level Up, and Ruskov)! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Sep 13 2011, 03:38 PM) *

That's really weird. I was sure the scaling changes I made would have fixed that. 2 things I need to know then: what resolution are you using, and what are your font size settings (you can check that one by right-clicking the desktop, choose Screen Resolution, click the "Make text and other images larger or smaller" link, and let me know whether Small, Medium, or Large is selected).
Thorguild
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Neat idea. I'll have to look into this as I've never used MapTools before. Hopefully it's not too hard to create the character for it.

That would be great! The token is both the visual representation of your character on the map, and the repository for the character information. It is represented by a .jpg and allows you to make your rolls with the appropriate dice pools.

I found myself wishing in our last session that I could pull up several corpsec guards, and plop them straight down into tokens.

Thanks for considering it.

Thorguild
Thorguild
Double Post: Ignore.
Shortstraw
I joined a magic group and now whenever I reload my character it asks if I am sure I want to join a magic group and if I click yes it eats another 5 karma
Jazz
I think you may not have overwrited the french file over beta versions. I don't know if you used the one I PMed you ?

I left a "BETA 1.2.17.28" there by purpose in my Chummer to check if you overwrite or just create the file. It seems you just created the file since I still have the beta, that didn't overwrite.

The french xml is not in the .zip release of Chummer by the way.

-edit- workaround for betatesters :
"Pour les betatesteurs, vous êtes restés en version beta. Donc, à faire : repasser le soft en anglais, éteindre le soft, changer le nom du fichier en fr2.xml (ou l'effacer) et effectuer une mise à jour"

(sorry for french but they are betatesters after all smile.gif)

-edit2- you seem to have made a new release of en-us.xml without telling me new strings :/ I'll PM you that fast.
Jazz
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 13 2011, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Sep 13 2011, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Sep 13 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Could also do A->Z and Z->A for each of them as well.

I'd like also alphabetical order within sub-categories : Combat, Magic, Physical, Resonance, Social, Technical, Piloting, like in the book in fact, and "Only Combat", "Only Magic", "Only Physical" and so on filters.
Jazz
PM sent (sorry for triple post)
Jazz
Oh, and by the way, does Chummer reads from en-us.xml if something is not found in fr.xml ?
Because if i'm late in translation, french guys will have no-message-found crashes each update you provide with no UI translation yet.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 14 2011, 06:53 AM) *
Oh, and by the way, does Chummer reads from en-us.xml if something is not found in fr.xml ?
Because if i'm late in translation, french guys will have no-message-found crashes each update you provide with no UI translation yet.

Yes. It reads in the entire en-us file first, then the selected language file, replacing the English strings with the selected language strings based on the key. So if a key isn't found in the selected language file, it doesn't gets replaced and is left in English.

The English file update last night was to correct a mistake - I had left a couple of extra characters in a string for testing and forgot to remove them. It also happened to contain a few new strings that do not exist in the current build but will in the next update (along with a number of others). The update notes will, as usual, have the full list of new strings. smile.gif

If I make a change to the English file without posting any change notes, it's just a correction to the English content and doesn't add or change anything that would affect other languages. Usually just to fix spelling mistakes.
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 13 2011, 07:59 PM) *
I joined a magic group and now whenever I reload my character it asks if I am sure I want to join a magic group and if I click yes it eats another 5 karma

This will be fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 14 2011, 04:36 AM) *
I think you may not have overwrited the french file over beta versions. I don't know if you used the one I PMed you ?

I left a "BETA 1.2.17.28" there by purpose in my Chummer to check if you overwrite or just create the file. It seems you just created the file since I still have the beta, that didn't overwrite.

The french xml is not in the .zip release of Chummer by the way.

The French file that is up there shold be the first non-beta version that you gave me a link to (it doesn't have the beta information in the name and just reads "Français" as its name). It wasn't rolled into the zip because I haven't had to rebuild it for an update yet. It will be put in when I need to re-zip things for the next update.
Credstick
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 14 2011, 08:14 AM) *
Yes. It reads in the entire en-us file first, then the selected language file, replacing the English strings with the selected language strings based on the key. So if a key isn't found in the selected language file, it doesn't gets replaced and is left in English.

The English file update last night was to correct a mistake - I had left a couple of extra characters in a string for testing and forgot to remove them. It also happened to contain a few new strings that do not exist in the current build but will in the next update (along with a number of others). The update notes will, as usual, have the full list of new strings. smile.gif

If I make a change to the English file without posting any change notes, it's just a correction to the English content and doesn't add or change anything that would affect other languages. Usually just to fix spelling mistakes.

When changing back to english from french, it does not change all elements back to english. It requires a restart of the application before everything is read from english again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012