Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
suoq
The grenade launchers all have <category>Assault Rifles</category> not <category>Grenade Launchers</category>. There may be a reason for this but I believe it affects reloading.
Edit: My bad, at least one has Battle Rifles as it's category.

I believe Carnivore Gold, Lip Reader, and Mona Lisa, (all from Spy Games) should all have <addoncategory>Program Options</addoncategory>. I may be wrong.
LG117
I've decided to look at trading the MMG turret on my Rigger's van for a Heavy Autocannon. For some reason I do not seem to be able to add an External smartgun system. I can only add the internal version (doubling the cost). Is that a rule I am missing, or an oversight?

When right clicking the MMG, I can do both Add Accessory and Add Modification. Right clicking the Autocannon only allows Add Modification. It says accessories may not be added for the weapon.

Apologies if I am missing the rule, but I have been digging for what would prevent an external smartlink from going on the Autocannon.

Thanks again.
Nebular
QUOTE (suoq @ Aug 17 2011, 08:03 PM) *
The grenade launchers all have <category>Assault Rifles</category> not <category>Grenade Launchers</category>. There may be a reason for this but I believe it affects reloading.
Edit: My bad, at least one has Battle Rifles as it's category.

I believe Carnivore Gold, Lip Reader, and Mona Lisa, (all from Spy Games) should all have <addoncategory>Program Options</addoncategory>. I may be wrong.

Surprised the Grenade Launcher addon one wasn't caught earlier. I'll hopefully have that fixed in the next updat. The Program Options items for those pieces of Software will also be added.
Nebular
QUOTE (LG117 @ Aug 17 2011, 08:57 PM) *
I've decided to look at trading the MMG turret on my Rigger's van for a Heavy Autocannon. For some reason I do not seem to be able to add an External smartgun system. I can only add the internal version (doubling the cost). Is that a rule I am missing, or an oversight?

When right clicking the MMG, I can do both Add Accessory and Add Modification. Right clicking the Autocannon only allows Add Modification. It says accessories may not be added for the weapon.

Apologies if I am missing the rule, but I have been digging for what would prevent an external smartlink from going on the Autocannon.

Thanks again.

For some reason I had those Vehicle Weapons marked as not allowing Accessories. I'll have these enabled in the next update.
McDougle
Because searching by name is fun and german players sometimes have to guess names to find the associated english gear, please make Vehicle modifications searchable.
fazzamar
Seems that armor modifications aren't being added up right. For example, Mods being added to an armor jacket are taking the same number of 'capacity' points as it would for a suit.

The armor jacket can take up to 12 rating points in mods (ie 6 insulation, 6 non-conductivity) while a light military grade armor can take 10 capacity in mods (ie 6 insulation [2 cap] + 6 non-conductivity [3 cap] + 6 thermal dampening [5 cap])

The relevant page is AR pg44.
Nebular
Build 180
  • added support for <ammocategory /> for Weapons which overrides the type of Ammo a Weapon uses (typically for Grenade Launchers that are found in the Assault Rifles category)
  • marked Grenade Launchers for Assault Rifles and Battle Rifles as using Grenade Launchers Ammo (minigrenades)
  • added support for <careerkarma /> requirement condition for Qualities which requires a character to have earned an amount of Career Karma before the Quality can be selected
  • added Legendary Quality from Street Legends
  • added support for naming Vehicles
  • corrected a logic error in the Essence cost calculation for Basic Bioware when a character has both the Type O System and Biocompatibility (bioware) Qualities
  • increasing Submersion Grade in Create Mode now costs the correct amount of Karma and puts the proper Grade number in the list
  • added Tradition and Stream information to printouts
  • Movement Speed Improvements no longer affect Fly or Swim Movement Speeds which throw errors (and shouldn't be modified)
  • Vehicles now show their Sensor's Signal Rating (next to the Sensor field when a Vehicle is selected)
  • added the ability to search for Weapon and Vehicles Mods in the Select Mod window
  • broke Reality Amplifiers into their individual types
  • Reality Amplifiers can now be added as Plugins for Commlinks
Outstanding Items
  • Armor Mod Capacity Calculation?
  • House Rule: Alternate Armor Encumbrance
  • Hacked Programs
  • Support for Cyborgs
  • Vehicle Mod Cyberware
  • Vehicle Underbarrel Weapons
  • Delete Expenses
  • Gear Cost % Adjustment
  • Weapon Firing Modes
  • Omae Character Feedback
  • GM Character Management/Karma/Nuyen/Gear Distribution
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 19 2011, 10:55 PM) *
corrected a logic error in the Essence cost calculation for Basic Bioware when a character has both the Type O System and Biocompatibility (bioware)
Should this even be possible? It's 40 BP in positive Qualities.
Nebular
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Aug 19 2011, 04:13 PM) *

In most cases, no. This would be something that the GM would need to allow. In any event, there was an error in how the reduced ESS cost of Basic Bioware was being calculated that this combination (and currently only this combination) revealed and got fixed. It's more likely to be exposed through custom data, but if nothing else, it means that little bug won't rear its head should some new Quality/Ware/Rule come along and reproduce a similar situation. biggrin.gif
TP13
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Aug 19 2011, 04:13 PM) *

Yes it is legal , 30BP for Type O system 5BP for class 1 surge (gives 10BP for metagenetic qualities). Biocompatibility is a 10BP metagenetic quality.
TP13
Theres lots of combos that are actually legal if you think through combos and parse the language. The most "illegal" combo that is RAW legal is latant awakening + latent technomancer. Although it starts to not work after you trade one of the qualities in.
KeyMasterOfGozer
I am probably being excessively dim, but on the Shadowrun 4 printout xls thing, on the Skills section, there are columns for "R. Mod." and "P. Mod.". I am seeing zeros in these columns always, and I can't figure out what they are supposed to show.
TP13
R. is for skill rating P. is for dice pool
Seerow
Would it be possible to get custom cybersuites implemented as a part of the UI? It's a pain to enter them in manually, especially for cyberlimbs (for which I can't seem to get any sort of mod to work). It should be relatively easy to be able to just under cyber/bioware be able to add a custom name, and be able to add cyber/bio underneath it that gets the discount.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (TP13 @ Aug 19 2011, 05:48 PM) *
R. is for skill rating P. is for dice pool

Ok, so what would be in those fields? What could go on a charsheet there? Smart-Link doesn't show up, it seems pretty much anything else would be only circumstantial.
Seerow
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Aug 20 2011, 12:24 AM) *
Ok, so what would be in those fields? What could go on a charsheet there? Smart-Link doesn't show up, it seems pretty much anything else would be only circumstantial.

Probably adept powers, and cyberware that provides skills.

For example a reflex recorder would show up there, probably under R. Improved Combat Ability would show up under R. But Kinescis would show up under P. Or something along those lines.

I know that Move By Wire puts dodge under R.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Aug 19 2011, 06:24 PM) *

The breakdown really comes down to the wording of the Quality or item modifying the Skill. Modifiers apply to the Skill's Pool Modifier and are placed in the P. Mod. column, unless they explicitly state that the modifier is applied to the Skill's Rating, in which case they appear under the R. Mod. column. Chances are most of your modifiers will be Pool Modifiers.
Nebular
QUOTE (Seerow @ Aug 19 2011, 05:07 PM) *
Would it be possible to get custom cybersuites implemented as a part of the UI? It's a pain to enter them in manually, especially for cyberlimbs (for which I can't seem to get any sort of mod to work). It should be relatively easy to be able to just under cyber/bioware be able to add a custom name, and be able to add cyber/bio underneath it that gets the discount.

I'll take a look at adding this.
Leoric
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 20 2011, 06:00 PM) *
I'll take a look at adding this.

That would be great! love.gif
RobertB
Edit. Removed. Looked a little closer.

Love the program!
KeyMasterOfGozer
So I used to help with the XSLT files for the old SR3 program's files. I added some features into your Shadowrun 4.xsl file that I thought might interest you from those old days:
http://www.oldforest.net/srchars/Shadowrun4Paged.xsl

I added into your bottom "section header" bars 2 buttons:

1) "Show: YES/NO" - I assigned IDs to each of your DIV blocks. Clicking on this button will cause the section to not print out when you print it if it is "NO".

2) "Page-break: YES/NO" - This one causes a Page-Break to be inserted after this block if you click it to "YES".

in the CSS at the top, I used the "@media print" and "@media screen" to make these styles behave differently between printing and display on the screen.

I got lazy at some of the blocks at the bottom, like concept and the background, so there would probably need to be some clean up to make the TDs on the bottom bar line up correctly.

Feel free to use any of that you want, or skip it if you don't like it.

Edit: Oh, and the buttons don't show up in the print, only on the browser screen.
Jazz
I'm implementing the DARK pack "2.5" from the french community and I've got a few problems.

Four minor bugs :
- Price of an empty Credstick is not 25Y + 1 = 26 (at rating 1), it's a flat 25. You should make credstick able to go rating 0.
- Price of Simsense are 5-200Y, not only 5Y.
- Notes never save for PACKs. How can I make my Revenge of the Dragon Warrior XII ultimate son of the ninja for a Simsense PACK ? (you should put a title, like on a antidot patch or a toolKit on these anyway).
- electrical darts for the defiance shock don't save as ammos for defiance schock for PACKs. I don't know for other ammos.
- RFID sensor tags are bugged, you can't put sensors in it.

Two wishes :
- I'd like to unstack RFID sensors tag so I can put 3 camera there, 2 microphone there and so on.

- I'd love to be able to put custom items (edit - forget that)
Or I'm a dumb person and I can't use very well Chummer (edit - that's it)

I'll post other bugs if I bump in them.

-edit- here's how I handled some of the credstick problems. I made custom gear with all credstick + empty credsticks. Even better you could remove the rating from the credstick and link to each flavour of certified credstick an item named "Nuyen" rating 1-max value of the credstick.

Temp solution :

<gear>
<name>Empty Certified Credstick, Standard</name>
<category>ID/Credsticks</category>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Empty Certified Credstick, Silver</name>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Empty Certified Credstick, Gold</name>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Empty Certified Credstick, Platinium</name>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Empty Certified Credstick, Ebony</name>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Certified Credstick, Standard</name>
<rating>5000</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25 + Rating</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Certified Credstick, Silver</name>
<rating>20000</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25 + Rating</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Certified Credstick, Gold</name>
<rating>100000</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25 + Rating</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Certified Credstick, Platinium</name>
<rating>500000</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25 + Rating</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
<gear>
<name>Certified Credstick, Ebony</name>
<rating>1000000</rating>
<avail>0</avail>
<cost>25 + Rating</cost>
<source>SR4</source>
<page>331</page>
</gear>
Jazz
The classic "Microphone" (SR4A Flavour p.334, stats p.333), even as a mounted sensor, is avaibility 0, not 4.
Marwynn
Found an odd one. Ballistic Shield is +6/+4 but lists the B/I in the Print preview as 12/8, regardless of how much armour is added.

It still calculates the encumberence properly.

SpellBinder
Just updated and saw some of the included features. At least now the Eichiro Hatamoto II can also be tagged to use the right ammo (shotgun), but am wondering if it would work on the Taurus Multi-6 as it can use both Light Pistol & Heavy Pistol ammo. (Ref Arsenal, page 22 on both weapons.) Off hand I can't recall any other weapons that use odd ammo like these two.
Jazz
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 23 2011, 10:34 PM) *
The classic "Microphone" (SR4A Flavour p.334, stats p.333), even as a mounted sensor, is avaibility 0, not 4.

By the way, the capacity of this microphone should the one of its rank.

edit - the problem seems deeper than that : p333, this microphone in the "Audio sensor and enhancer" should have a capacity of Rank/[1].

This comes from the errata pdf :
http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploa...R4A_changes.pdf

Last page, §Street Gear :

* Imaging Devices and Sensors have been given their own category
as have Audio Devices and Sensors. Diff erent devices now have
diff erent ratings/Capacity values which aff ect the number of
vision enhancements that they can fi t.

(table)

* All Vision and Audio Enhancements now have a Capacity cost of
1 for the purposes of integration in Imaging Devices and Sensors,
except Ultrasound which has a cost of 2.
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Aug 22 2011, 09:08 PM) *
So I used to help with the XSLT files for the old SR3 program's files. I added some features into your Shadowrun 4.xsl file that I thought might interest you from those old days:
http://www.oldforest.net/srchars/Shadowrun4Paged.xsl

I added into your bottom "section header" bars 2 buttons:

1) "Show: YES/NO" - I assigned IDs to each of your DIV blocks. Clicking on this button will cause the section to not print out when you print it if it is "NO".

2) "Page-break: YES/NO" - This one causes a Page-Break to be inserted after this block if you click it to "YES".

That's actually a really interesting solution to the whole page break problem. I've made a few changes so that the items are spans instead of table cells which don't print and mess up the colouring/sizing of the bottom bars, and made page breaks happen after the item instead of before. I'll roll this into the SR4 character sheet for the next update. Thanks! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 23 2011, 12:06 PM) *
- Price of an empty Credstick is not 25Y + 1 = 26 (at rating 1), it's a flat 25. You should make credstick able to go rating 0.

I'll have the Credsticks broken out int their own colours for the next update and will start with a Rating of 0 (empty).
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Aug 24 2011, 08:44 AM) *
By the way, the capacity of this microphone should the one of its rank.

edit - the problem seems deeper than that : p333, this microphone in the "Audio sensor and enhancer" should have a capacity of Rank/[1].

Microphone will have its Capacity updated to match its Rating for the next update. The Capacity [1] Microphone is already in there: it's listed as "Microphone, Micro".
Nebular
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Aug 23 2011, 10:23 PM) *
Found an odd one. Ballistic Shield is +6/+4 but lists the B/I in the Print preview as 12/8, regardless of how much armour is added.

It still calculates the encumberence properly.

Neat. This happens with any Armor that has +X value when it's the only highest-rated Ballistic or Impact Armor worn by the character. It incorrectly thought it was the highest piece of Armor, then stacked the "+" bonus on top of itself. This will be fixed in the next update. (It will be a light update this week since I ended up devoting a ton of time to another little project that thankfully should require minimal work from now-on, and the release of Deus Ex. Mmmm. On the plus side, there's not a whole lot of stuff really left outstanding smile.gif)
EpicSpire
I have been enjoying Chummer for a few weeks now, But i have a suggestion or two.

i noticed when i went to update my character who is an adept with the Linguistic power and the linguistic Quality that the character generator wants to charge me karma for the languages I learn. I know i can go to the karma page and get refunds, but was wondering if these two abilities could be somehow coded as to not charge Karma for languages (if learned through the Power) and all language learned by a character with the quality would automatically have a rating 3 in it.

Also.

is there a way to turn off the encumbrance rule, there are a few house rules for encumbrance that are not on the generator that my group(s) use and having the encumbrance show up on the sheet is confusing at times.

Other than those two nit picks, I have'nt found any issues with the program (well when i do find an issue it is corrected in the next update,.. so good work)

thanks
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Aug 24 2011, 01:55 PM) *
i noticed when i went to update my character who is an adept with the Linguistic power and the linguistic Quality that the character generator wants to charge me karma for the languages I learn. I know i can go to the karma page and get refunds, but was wondering if these two abilities could be somehow coded as to not charge Karma for languages (if learned through the Power) and all language learned by a character with the quality would automatically have a rating 3 in it.

Also.

is there a way to turn off the encumbrance rule, there are a few house rules for encumbrance that are not on the generator that my group(s) use and having the encumbrance show up on the sheet is confusing at times.

You can add the Linguist Quality to your character without being changed for it by selecting the Free! checkbox in the Select a Quality window as well. It will still ask if you want to spend the Karma on the item and create an Expense Entry for it, but it will be for 0 Karma (it's just there to show that you took it for free). This is likely how I'll leave it - I don't want to hard-code anything if I don't have to since someone may create custom stuff that may mimic it, and there are just so many possibilities with Quality/Power combinations that the Free! method is a nice catch-all for those situations. smile.gif (Just be sure to select a Quality first, then select Free! - it currently throws an error if you don't have a Quality selected when Free! is clicked and will be fixed in the next update).

I'll add in the No Armor Encumbrance and Alternate Armor Encumbrance (BOD+STR) house rules that you and Aku requested in the next update as well.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 24 2011, 02:46 PM) *
You can add the Linguist Quality to your character without being changed for it by selecting the Free! checkbox in the Select a Quality window as well. It will still ask if you want to spend the Karma on the item and create an Expense Entry for it, but it will be for 0 Karma (it's just there to show that you took it for free). This is likely how I'll leave it - I don't want to hard-code anything if I don't have to since someone may create custom stuff that may mimic it, and there are just so many possibilities with Quality/Power combinations that the Free! method is a nice catch-all for those situations. smile.gif (Just be sure to select a Quality first, then select Free! - it currently throws an error if you don't have a Quality selected when Free! is clicked and will be fixed in the next update).

I'll add in the No Armor Encumbrance and Alternate Armor Encumbrance (BOD+STR) house rules that you and Aku requested in the next update as well.

I think what he is getting at is that the Linguistics Adept power makes the first point of any language cost no karma to buy. All subsequent increases cost karma.
EpicSpire
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Aug 24 2011, 03:53 PM) *
I think what he is getting at is that the Linguistics Adept power makes the first point of any language cost no karma to buy. All subsequent increases cost karma.

yes, my character started the game with the Power and the Quality. The power allows the character to learn languages without spending Karma (and in a really short amount of time). The quality allows all languages that are learned to be treated as 2 ranks higher.

there for my force 6 adept could spend 4 hours and learn Russian at rank 3 at the cost of 0 Karma.

the refund is doable, but the down side is that if i only have 2 karma then the generator reads that i don't have enough karma to learn Russian at rank 3 from rank 0.

if the Karma check could warn you that you dont have the karma to spend and ask if you want to spend it anyways with a negative karma in your expense log.. that would be fine,.. then i can refund the negative.

or

I could just write the languages in if hard coding will be to much trouble.

also

Thanks for getting on the Encumbrance.

ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Aug 24 2011, 06:34 PM) *
yes, my character started the game with the Power and the Quality. The power allows the character to learn languages without spending Karma (and in a really short amount of time). The quality allows all languages that are learned to be treated as 2 ranks higher.

there for my force 6 adept could spend 4 hours and learn Russian at rank 3 at the cost of 0 Karma.

the refund is doable, but the down side is that if i only have 2 karma then the generator reads that i don't have enough karma to learn Russian at rank 3 from rank 0.

if the Karma check could warn you that you dont have the karma to spend and ask if you want to spend it anyways with a negative karma in your expense log.. that would be fine,.. then i can refund the negative.

or

I could just write the languages in if hard coding will be to much trouble.

also

Thanks for getting on the Encumbrance.

The extra 2 rating points you get from the quality are recorded separate from the skill itself as a bonus to the skills rating. So you don't learn Russian to a rating of 3, you learn it to a rating of 1 and get a bonus to it's rating of 2 points. Normally it would cost 2 karma, so what you do is put in the bonus karma to cover the cost, then buy the skill.
Although really the affect from the linguist power should be taken into account.
EpicSpire
oh, wow.. i always played it that you would normally (without the power) pay to get a rating of 1 in a language, and then the lingustic quality will bump it to rating 3, which is good - but the down side is now you have to pay to go from 3 to 4 not 1 to 2 the next time you want to increase (which is still good cause you didnt pay for 1-2 or 2-3)
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Aug 24 2011, 11:47 PM) *
oh, wow.. i always played it that you would normally (without the power) pay to get a rating of 1 in a language, and then the lingustic quality will bump it to rating 3, which is good - but the down side is now you have to pay to go from 3 to 4 not 1 to 2 the next time you want to increase (which is still good cause you didnt pay for 1-2 or 2-3)

yeah, that's not how it works. The bonus from the quality is not included when calculating the cost of increasing your skill.
So you have to pay to go to a 2 then 3, but your skills would be a 5, if you actually bought the language to a 6 your skill rating in that language would be an 8.
Also because of the rating x1.5 rule as your max modified skill rating, a 1 would only be a 2. You would have to buy the skill to a 3 in order to get the full benefit from the quality.
KarmaInferno
I just remembered - as per page 103 of the Runner's Companion, all RC metavariants, AIs, critters, etc should have the Distinctive Style negative quality (with no BP bonus).

-k
Bobby
Quick bug report: the Physical track in the 'Other info' is calculated correctly at 7 (because the character is a Gnome which comes with neoteny ) but the tooltip doesn't take that into account
Nebular
QUOTE (Bobby @ Aug 25 2011, 07:18 AM) *
Quick bug report: the Physical track in the 'Other info' is calculated correctly at 7 (because the character is a Gnome which comes with neoteny ) but the tooltip doesn't take that into account

Whoops. The code to build the tooltip was looking for modifiers greater than zero instead of modifiers not equal to zero. This will be fixed in the next update.
Credstick
I would really like to see the Skills tab act like the other tabs, example Cyberware or Qualities section.
The others like Qualities and Cyberware work so cleanly and look clean and are easy to reference.
The skills tab is a bit more visually chaotic and hard to reference.

If this modification could be done, I would be so grateful, and I think users would enjoy this change.
Can other users let me know if they support this decision?

Nebular, what is your take?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Aug 24 2011, 04:53 PM) *

You're right. I have no idea where my brain was when I answered that one. For some reason I saw the Power and Quality mentioned together and immediately thought it offered the Linguist Quality for free. nyahnyah.gif This will be in the next update. You will need to remove and re-add the Linguistics Adept Power in order for the change to take effect once the update is available.
Nebular
QUOTE (Credstick @ Aug 25 2011, 08:42 AM) *
I would really like to see the Skills tab act like the other tabs, example Cyberware or Qualities section.
The others like Qualities and Cyberware work so cleanly and look clean and are easy to reference.
The skills tab is a bit more visually chaotic and hard to reference.

If this modification could be done, I would be so grateful, and I think users would enjoy this change.
Can other users let me know if they support this decision?

Nebular, what is your take?

The Skills tab is going to stay the way it is, largely because any character can default on so many Active Skills. In Create Mode, it's a little bit of a mess, but you can filter it down to Skills with Rating > 0 and Skills with Total Rating > 0 in Career Mode to see things that are more relevant to you.
Credstick
Created a Troll. Only thing added was PACK Gear Kit [Focus User], same error happens when only adding [Focus Addict]
I received this error below after doing so.

CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.AddPACKSKit()
at Chummer.frmCreate.mnuSpecialAddPACKSKit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.180
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.180
CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/bobo/My%20Documents/Downloads/Applications/SR4CG/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Credstick
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 25 2011, 07:50 AM) *
The Skills tab is going to stay the way it is, largely because any character can default on so many Active Skills. In Create Mode, it's a little bit of a mess, but you can filter it down to Skills with Rating > 0 and Skills with Total Rating > 0 in Career Mode to see things that are more relevant to you.

What if a change to the other tabs method with all the active skills and skill groups added already?
Then changes to other parts of the character would allow for value augmentation, this would do something like add a sub-item to the base active skill.

Example

CODE
Skill Groups
Animal Husbandry 1
Build Point 1
Athletics 0
Active Skills
Aeronautics Mechanic 0
Animal Handling 1
Animal Training 1
Riding 1
Nebular
QUOTE (Credstick @ Aug 25 2011, 09:05 AM) *
Created a Troll. Only thing added was PACK Gear Kit [Focus User], same error happens when only adding [Focus Addict]
I received this error below after doing so.

Looks like the Foci in the file need to be updated since Spellcasting and Sustaining Foci were split into their individual categories. This will be included with the next update.
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 25 2011, 07:48 AM) *
You're right. I have no idea where my brain was when I answered that one. For some reason I saw the Power and Quality mentioned together and immediately thought it offered the Linguist Quality for free. nyahnyah.gif This will be in the next update. You will need to remove and re-add the Linguistics Adept Power in order for the change to take effect once the update is available.

you are awesome, thanks
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 19 2011, 04:55 PM) *
[*]Movement Speed Improvements no longer affect Fly or Swim Movement Speeds which throw errors (and shouldn't be modified)

Now the movement speeds don't show up at all on the character sheets unless some modifier like raptor legs or celerity has been applied to them.

-k
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 24 2011, 10:23 AM) *
That's actually a really interesting solution to the whole page break problem. I've made a few changes so that the items are spans instead of table cells which don't print and mess up the colouring/sizing of the bottom bars, and made page breaks happen after the item instead of before. I'll roll this into the SR4 character sheet for the next update. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Yeah, great, I'm glad you can use it. I feel like I've helped the cause now. smile.gif Unfortunately, the prettying up part of HTML taxes my attention span, so I'm no good at it, but I was hoping you could take the idea and run with it.

Cheers, bud. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else interesting.
Nebular
Build 182
  • added support for <adeptlinguistics /> to Improvement Manager which lets a character buy Rating 1 for Language Knowledge Skills for free
  • updated the SR4 character sheet to include the page breaking solution by KeyMasterOfGozer
  • Armor that has a Ballistic or Impact starting with "+" no longer doubles its value if it is the only piece of Armor the character is wearing
  • added support for <fullburst /> and <suppressive /> to Weapons and Weapon Mods which changes the number of rounds fired in Full Burst and Suppressive firing modes respectively
  • Miniguns, High Velocity Weapons, and Weapons with the High Velocity Weapon Mod now consume their correct ammo amounts when firing in Full Burst and Suppressive firing modes
  • added support for creating custom Cyberware Suites based on a character through Special > Create Cyberware Suite menu item in Create Mode (all Cyberware must be of the same Grade)
  • added a house rule for No Armor Encumbrance (disabled by default)
  • added a house rule to use BOD+STR as the Armor Encumbrance Threshold (disabled by default)
  • selecting Free! in the Select a Quality window without having a Quality selected no longer throws an error
  • fixed a logic error where Condition Monitor tooltips would only show if the total modifier was greater than zero instead of not equal to zero
  • fixed a logic error where Movement Speed was only printed if the character had Movement Speed Improvements
  • Armor Capacity for Armor is now calculated in the Select Armor window
Outstanding Items
  • Hacked Programs
  • Support for Cyborgs
  • Gear Cost % Adjustment
  • Omae Character Feedback
  • GM Character Management/Karma/Nuyen/Gear Distribution
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012