Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
ShadowWalker
Armor for vehicles and drones should have limits based on the following:
A vehicle can either have normal armor or concealed
armor. A vehicle with normal armor can be further equipped
with smart armor. Th e maximum armor rating of each armor
type a vehicle can have is twice its Body rating (or three times
its Body rating for drones of the micro, mini, small, medium,
and large size), up to a maximum of 20 with normal armor or
10 with concealed or smart armor.

So they can be double body for vehicles and triple for drones, up to 20 or 10. Whichever is lower.

It's currently letting you go beyond these limits
ShadowWalker
Not sure why, but if I add the Empathy software to a manservant it puts the price at zero.
If I add it to the Large Drone Sensor package it gives a price. Set's it's rating to 6 gives a weird price and shows on the tree a rating of what I tried to buy. The rating is also editable when it's in this location.
deurk
FR language file for UI has been updated to reflect your new changes, available with the same link.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 27 2011, 05:55 PM) *
Build 236
  • fixed an issue that caused a Metatype's BP cost to be multiplied by the Karma multiplier when building a character with BP
  • Echoes and Metamagics now support Quality requirements
  • added a checkbox to the Select Metamagic window to show only Metamagics/Echoes the character can take
  • Knowledge Skills no longer ask for a Karma expense confirmation if the cost is 0 Karma (improving a Language with the Linguistics Adept Power)
  • A.I.s now have the Ergonomic and Optimization Program Options added to Matrix Programs for free
  • Markup field is now correctly hidden in the Select Vehicle window in Create Mode
  • fixed an issue that could prevent the Gear Qty field from being refreshed properly when selecting a different item in Create Mode
  • Enemy BP is no longer included in the Negative Qualities BP total on the Build Point Summary tab since it already has its own field
  • Update window no longer stays open if automatic updates are enabled and there are optional languages that are not installed but can be downloaded
New Strings
  • Checkbox_SelectMetamagic_LimitList
  • Checkbox_SelectEcho_LimitList

The AI Ergonomic and optimization program options for AI is only for their Inherent Programs, not all Matrix Programs. Or is there supposed to be a tab for Inherent Programs that I'm not seeing?
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 27 2011, 05:05 PM) *
KeyMasterOfGozer is going to see if he can put something interesting together for a Vehicle/Drone sheet. smile.gif

I have a good start on some of the backend stuff. Does anyone have any sheets out there that have a good layout that I could steal some ideas from?

If you want to see what I have done as a start:
VehicleBlock.xsl

Basically all I have so far I have the same layout that Nebular already had, but slightly modified to add a Condition Monitor. What I want to add:

1) Skills/SkillSofts and Stats that might be applicable to Vehicles.
2) Every piece of data in the XML on each vehicle.
3) Details on Mods
4) Details on Commlink attached to Vehicle.

Anything else you guys would be looking for on a Vehicle sheet?
Irian
I added the external Smartlink option to a taser and took the Smartlink complex form, but in the weapon's stats, the dice pool doesn't reflect the +2 from the smartlink. The only option I can see is this "Add smartlink to active skill", but that doesn't seem to properly reflect it... Am I doing something wrong?
Wizard_Thoarin
QUOTE (Irian @ Oct 28 2011, 12:06 AM) *
I added the external Smartlink option to a taser and took the Smartlink complex form, but in the weapon's stats, the dice pool doesn't reflect the +2 from the smartlink. The only option I can see is this "Add smartlink to active skill", but that doesn't seem to properly reflect it... Am I doing something wrong?

Check to see if you have the option to include smart link bonuses turned on in the optional rules section. Because smart links are conditional on both the weapon and the character having the smartlink, you don't always get the bonus... so, turning the bonus on all the time for characters with smart link capabilities on them and not necessarily the weapon was added as an optional rule. If you turn it on your players are going to have to remove the bonus die when they fire a gun that isn't smart linked.
Irian
No, I don't have the "Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills" option turned on.

As you say, the bonus should be conditional, but in my case (weapon smartlinked, character has smartlink cf) it doesn't show up in the weapon's stats.

Edit: Oh, another detail... The "Analytical Mind" quality should give some dice pool bonuses (computer/data search) according to RC, but doesn't.
CeeJay
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 27 2011, 03:37 PM) *
Looks like I missed adding the Capacity information to Analyze. I've updated the Gear file to correct this. You will probably need to remove the Analyze program from your character and re-add it so it picks up the change.

The Firewall and System Matrix Programs are just programs themselves, they're not designed to modify the Commlink itself. In order to modify a Commlink, you need to add the Firewall and System items from the Commlink Operating System Upgrad Category. There are the ones that directly affect Commlink stats. From what I can see, Avail of 16 for Rating 6 appears to be correct. Because they're hardware upgrades, they use the Hardware Upgrade Costs Table on SR4A 222, which shows Rating 6 of any Response/Signal/System/Firewall as being Avail 16.

Okay, thanks for the info. I allways thought System and Firewall are software not hardware and prices and availability for them are listed on page 232 SR4A. And the table on p. 222 only mentions Signal and Response...

But here's another thing I found:
Response enhancers allways add 1 to matrix initiative regardless of rating. They should add their rating.

-CJ
deurk
Nebular, the Chummer ZIP file seems to be broken on your Download page.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 28 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Crap, I lost my connection to the server when I was trying to upload the update last night and thought it was just the language file that got dropped. I'll have to upload it again this evening when I get home.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 27 2011, 06:59 PM) *
The AI Ergonomic and optimization program options for AI is only for their Inherent Programs, not all Matrix Programs. Or is there supposed to be a tab for Inherent Programs that I'm not seeing?

If the character is an A.I., it automatically adds Ergonomic and Optimization to all Matrix Programs - it has no way of knowing if they're inherent program or not. If it's not an inherent program for the character then those options can be easily removed.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Oct 28 2011, 06:52 AM) *
No, I don't have the "Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills" option turned on.

As you say, the bonus should be conditional, but in my case (weapon smartlinked, character has smartlink cf) it doesn't show up in the weapon's stats.

Edit: Oh, another detail... The "Analytical Mind" quality should give some dice pool bonuses (computer/data search) according to RC, but doesn't.

Qualities file has been updated to add the Data Search and Software bonuses to Analytical Mind.
Irian
I got the update, but I have a character in carrer mode and nothing seems to change for him. Even adding the bonus manually to the character's chummer file doesn't bring that dice pool mod onto the charsheet.

Anything about the smartlink question? "Irian, you're too dumb to use it correctly" would also be sufficient smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 28 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Just re-uploaded it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Oct 28 2011, 01:30 PM) *
I got the update, but I have a character in carrer mode and nothing seems to change for him. Even adding the bonus manually to the character's chummer file doesn't bring that dice pool mod onto the charsheet.

Anything about the smartlink question? "Irian, you're too dumb to use it correctly" would also be sufficient smile.gif

You'll need to remove the Quality and then re-add it to your character for free so it picks up the new bonus information.

At the moment the dice pool info for a selected Weapon does not include Smarlink (though it might if you have the option to include its bonus in the Skill turned on - I haven't checked). I'll have to add this in.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 28 2011, 01:40 PM) *
If the character is an A.I., it automatically adds Ergonomic and Optimization to all Matrix Programs - it has no way of knowing if they're inherent program or not. If it's not an inherent program for the character then those options can be easily removed.

Inherent Programs are more like Technomancer Complex Forms. You only get a number of them equal to the AI's rating. The each have a starting rating equal to a particular attribute, and you have to spend Karma to increase them after creation.
So they can't really be treated as programs in a commlink. I tried adding some programs to a vehicle and it let me do that but I didn't see either program options listed instead I got the two for purchased programs.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Oct 28 2011, 01:15 AM) *
I have a good start on some of the backend stuff. Does anyone have any sheets out there that have a good layout that I could steal some ideas from?

If you want to see what I have done as a start:
VehicleBlock.xsl

Basically all I have so far I have the same layout that Nebular already had, but slightly modified to add a Condition Monitor. What I want to add:

1) Skills/SkillSofts and Stats that might be applicable to Vehicles.
2) Every piece of data in the XML on each vehicle.
3) Details on Mods
4) Details on Commlink attached to Vehicle.

Anything else you guys would be looking for on a Vehicle sheet?

I like the stuff from http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/
The fillable character sheet there has a good layout for spirits, sprites and such. It has a section for vehicles and drones as well.
I'd love to see the spirit and sprite section done for critter spirit and sprites. I think they would fit better than the current sheet.

having it group stuff by mod, sensors, pilot/comm upgrades, etc would be great or having individual sections for those things.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 28 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Inherent Programs are more like Technomancer Complex Forms. You only get a number of them equal to the AI's rating, and you have to spent Karma to increase them after creation.
So they can't really be treated as programs in a commlink. I tried adding some programs to a vehicle and it let me do that but I didn't see either program options listed instead I got the two for purchased programs.

Any Matrix Program an A.I. adds should come with those options (it should come with Copy Protection, Registration, Ergonomic, and Optimization if you have Unwired book in use). The application doesn't have a concept of inherent or non-inherent programs. It makes no other considerations for Matrix Programs when it comes to A.I.s. If they cannot add new inherent programs after character creation, then the player will need to manually remove the additional options from the program. If improving them requires Karma then a manual Karma Expense will need to be created to reflect these costs. The only other change I plan on making to accommodate A.I.s is to try and add some support for their Home Node (and correcting it to use the Program Options version of Optimization instead of the Commlink Option one).
Nebular
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Oct 28 2011, 08:02 AM) *
Response enhancers allways add 1 to matrix initiative regardless of rating. They should add their rating.

Looks like this is a bug for all Gear plugins. I'll have this corrected in the next update.
Jazz
* You can't reload a cyberware shotgun or I'm dumb. Tested that in english and french version.

* (related) still same bug in cyberware.xml about shotgun w/flechette. => this cyberware shouldn't exist because :
- That entry you saw in SR4A 344 are the weapon's stats when loaded with flechette, not a new cyberware. There's no price and no ess cost on it.
- in weapons.xml you didn't made a special shotgun for flechettes rounds.

* in cyberware.xml still same db bug. I think there's a confusion between touck link / skinlink. Touch link (SR4A 342) is a cyberware and is ok. Skinlink (SRA 328) is an item accessory : even if you want them to be able to be on cyberware things, you should then add all the items in the electronic accessories (category for exemple), like for gear items. So imho (but that's me) either all addon items in cyberware.xml or nothing.

* loads of problems in softwares.xml for complex forms, I'll list them later this weekend (alllready made a report but maybe it should be re-actualized).

* in the french version, the searchbox does not work very well with accent words. In gear's searchbox, try typing "Syst" => you find some "Système" items, then continue to type "Systè" and there's nothing left.

* Vehicle similar models ? There's similar models for us arsenal, germans made more similar models (i think), and french add similars models over the german version.

* S.O.X. got a few more things in it (really few, like 2 items, a few spells, and a few other things). Do you want them ?

* what about the gear tab always selectionned by default (only in carrier mode), instead of lifestyles ?

* what about that item or something similar :
CODE
    <gear>
            <name>Generic : </name>
            <category>Gamemaster's items</category>
            <rating>1000000</rating>
            <avail>0</avail>
            <cost>0</cost>
            <bonus>
                <selecttext />
            </bonus>
            <source>Gamemaster's</source>
            <page>mind</page>
        </gear>

smile.gif
Same for Vehicle ? Weapons ? Armors ?

* Custom spells ?

* what I'd REALLY love would be increasing font size when you put chummer in full screen to fit all the screen. I'm using win7, and always have to push the windows key + '+' to zoom or i can't read (big screen, but from far). Zoomed in with a quite "fake full screen" with that trick, that is perfect to read, but to use that's terrible.
Is it possible when switching to full screen that you put the font size to, say, some sort of 20 or something, so the font fit the same like when chummer start with little size ?

* My rigger player would kill me if I don't tell you that : for him you're half a hero, half a criminal, because he have loads and load of micromanaging to do. He would love an easier access to put ammo on his vehicles gun, for exemple, like buy ammo from the gear equipement tab and transmit them to one of his vehicle, same for all vehicle equipement.
In game, that's what he tipically does : he receives the ammo in his garage, and reload his drones with the stuff he allready have bough. Today he have to destroy some ammo from his gear tab and buy them back for free in the vehicle tab.
The main problem for me is that he's taller and older than me. smile.gif

* My rigger player, my magician player and my technomancer player would alleluïa praise you if you made cheat sheets with computed dicepools. My magician player is a small guy, so you shouldn't care a lot, but the technomancer is the brother of the rigger, so I fear him a little. smile.gif

* My rigger player would absolutly kill another guy for you to calculate the dicepools he shoots with, for vehicles (Automatic, AR command, VR command, Hot-sim). Name the target, he said.

* A lot of db bugs I wrote here remained without notices, so I don't know if you ack them or not, if you were agree or not and if they will be changed or not. To follow you I'm quite in the mist, there.
On the other side, I can make a huge centralized list of things that got no answers if you want things to be more clear : I've got now time for this wink.gif
Nebular
Cyberware guns are fired and reloaded in the same manner as other Weapons and appear on the Weapons tab. There appears to be a bug though in that it believes you never have the correct type of ammo to reload it with.

I've updated the Cyberware file to remove the Flechette version of the Shotgun. There used to be a special Flechette Shotgun in the Weapons file before I made Ammo actually affect a Weapon's stats.

Skinlink can be implanted in Cyberware.
UN 59 - Skinlink: Cybernetic implants may also be equipped with skinlink, even if they are not accessible on the body's externior - in this case, a simple connection is established between the impant and the skin's surface.
So Skinlink is staying right where it is in both Cyberware and Gear.

What is S.O.X.?

Tab selection behaviour won't change.

Any generic or custom GM items like you mentioned would need to be done as custom data items. That's part of the point of having support for it - I don't want to muddy up the data files with generic placeholders when users can quickly put together the actual item to fit their need.

I'll see what I can do about adding something to move Gear between the character and their Vehicles.

Cheat sheets that show dice totals are on the list already. I'm having a hard time getting around to it though as it means needing to come up with a list of all of the actions and Tests a player can take and how they're calculated. It has been on the bottom of my list for quite some time.

I'll see what I can do about working in dice pool info for a Vehicle.

Which "db bugs" are you referring to? If you're referring to things like item X should be moved to whatever other file, I believe I've already moved the ones I'm willing to move. Things like the winter suit and the like will not be moved to Armor as the book does not describe them as Armor nor give Armor stats for them (making them Armor would also incorrectly cause them to count against the one piece of worn armor optional rule and mess up a player's Armor Encumbrance). Anything like that would need to be entered as custom items (Armor, Gear, etc.)
ShadowWalker
When I add a matrix program in the latest version it gives a text box asking "Enter the value for the Optimization".
Not sure what this is for, but if I cancel it still adds the program and then proceeds to give an error if I select the Optimization Option in the tree.
Seems you can also click ok without putting anything in the text box. I seems like all other places that bring up a text box to enter information it
allows you to leave it blank.

Would it be possible to allow for double clicking something to change what was originally entered. This would allow for fixing errors in typing etc.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 28 2011, 07:43 PM) *
When I add a matrix program in the latest version it gives a text box asking "Enter the value for the Optimization".
Not sure what this is for, but if I cancel it still adds the program and then proceeds to give an error if I select the Optimization Option in the tree.
Seems you can also click ok without putting anything in the text box. I seems like all other places that bring up a text box to enter information it
allows you to leave it blank.

Would it be possible to allow for double clicking something to change what was originally entered. This would allow for fixing errors in typing etc.

The problem is that the Commlink version of Optimization (which requires a text value to be specified) is being added instead of the Program Options version of Optimization (which requires no text). I'll have this fixed in the next update. The joy of having multiple items with the same name. smile.gif

Changing a selected value for an Improvement is something I'm wanting to take a look at. Hopefully it won't be too bad. smile.gif
esprism
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 29 2011, 01:01 AM) *
What is S.O.X.?

It's a German and French Background supplement subtitled "Radioactive Shadows of Europe".

http://www.black-book-editions.fr/index.php?site_id=104

Automatic translation is understandable.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 28 2011, 05:37 PM) *
* S.O.X. got a few more things in it (really few, like 2 items, a few spells, and a few other things). Do you want them ?

QUOTE (esprism @ Oct 28 2011, 11:10 PM) *
It's a German and French Background supplement subtitled "Radioactive Shadows of Europe".

http://www.black-book-editions.fr/index.php?site_id=104

Automatic translation is understandable.

Huh, sounds interesting. Who doesn't love irradiated freaks? Too bad it's not available in English. If some can put together the necessary XML for it I can roll it into the files.
Irian
The S.O.X. spells are already in Chummer, seems they were included in the digital grimoire.

Oh, another detail: The pool rating for data search, for example, is given as logic + data search. Technically, this is true, but in practice you roll against data search + browse program/complex form most of the time. Is there even a situation where you roll against logic + data search? One possible idea would be to include the option of calculating the data search pool differently, but I suggest simply adding additional information to the display of the CFs/programs (for example, the pool to use it), which would probably be more streamlined.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 28 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Cheat sheets that show dice totals are on the list already. I'm having a hard time getting around to it though as it means needing to come up with a list of all of the actions and Tests a player can take and how they're calculated. It has been on the bottom of my list for quite some time.

I'd be happy to help in any way I can to get this a higher priority. It would be of tremendous help for new players who don't know what they can or not do in the game most of the time. Chummer has already started to be a requirement for serious players and GMs, it would be for novice players with something like that in place.

Thanks.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 29 2011, 04:48 AM) *
Huh, sounds interesting. Who doesn't love irradiated freaks? Too bad it's not available in English. If some can put together the necessary XML for it I can roll it into the files.

Will do.
drakir
A small error report. The Firewall 3 commlink operating system upgrade (plugin for commlinks) is a bargain for the moment because it also includes a System 8 software.
Jazz
Skinlink can be implanted in Cyberware. So Skinlink is staying right where it is in both Cyberware and Gear.
No problem doing so but you then need all items from generic and electronic accessories that can equip any device from gear.xml in cyberware.xml aswell... I think they should be cyberware modification because the human body is not a device.

Any generic or custom GM items like you mentioned would need to be done as custom data items. That's part of the point of having support for it - I don't want to muddy up the data files with generic placeholders when users can quickly put together the actual item to fit their need.

As a GM, when I'm telling a story, I can't program these new items in a new custom file that I then have to transmit to my players via email or USB key while gaming.
Its purpose is for quick insert "let's care to find or add that later will we" : if that don't go into Chummer, I'll put that generic item in a custom file of mine anyway because I need that.

I'm having a hard time getting around to it though as it means needing to come up with a list of all of the actions and Tests a player can take and how they're calculated.

Morphée "The Joker", in France, made a great cheat sheet for the matrix, I think if you can put that in. For presentation, Ultyme made that great hacking flow chart. I'll try to find you more material in english this time to help you with that.

Which "db bugs" are you referring to?
I'll make a central list.
Jazz
QUOTE (Irian @ Oct 29 2011, 07:20 AM) *
The S.O.X. spells are already in Chummer, seems they were included in the digital grimoire.
These spells got the same names but are not entirelly the same, dixit all the discussions we had about that when translating DG wink.gif
Jazz
btw...
Things like the winter suit and the like will not be moved to Armor as the book does not describe them as Armor nor give Armor stats for them (making them Armor would also incorrectly cause them to count against the one piece of worn armor optional rule and mess up a player's Armor Encumbrance).

Of course they messed up with. When you wear a divingsuit, then if you wear a jacket on top of it, it's actually harder to move that with a jacket only. They should count as armor like clothes does.
Jazz
* Can you add a button in the skill tab in carrier mode, next to each skill ?
When that button is pressed, the dicerolling window is called, with the score, the player will just have to modify it (or not), check gremlins (or not) and hit "roll" (or press the enter key).
deurk
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 29 2011, 11:58 AM) *
When that button is pressed, the dicerolling window is called, with the score, the player will just have to modify it (or not), check gremlins (or not) and hit "roll" (or press the enter key).

+1 on that
ChatNoir
I have a request for some house rules, but I'm afraid you'll hate the French, after all requests have already done deurk and Jazz. biggrin.gif

With friends, we play in a particular setting (the Euroline Project) in which the price of restricted and forbidden materials is higher (x2 and x3). The cost of spells is also higher (BP's for sure and I believe that karma also in the career mode). I'm not sure for the adept powers or technomancer stuff, I'll ask my GM.
For now, we can work it out for equipment: just buy two or three times what you want in creation mode, then delete it when you're in career mode. But for cyber / bioware is not possible (essence) and the same is true for spells (max number of spells).

Would it be possible to add some options in the house rules to increase the price of R and F gear and something for the spell cost ?
deurk
Nebular:

- Augmented attributes tooltips are not using translated strings
- All advanced contact options are not translated
- How can we have translated suggested specializations?
- Is there a way we can have access to the 2 french translations files on your update host so that you would not need to retrieve them each time we make a modification?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 29 2011, 07:58 AM) *

would be better to add a drop down to the dice roller letting you select the skill you want to roll instead of adding dozens of buttons.
McDougle
Suggestion: "Add Custom Spell"-button in spells tab

->It could easily work like the advanced lifestyles

-Step by step info is on SM p.159, the drain modifiers on p.163.
Jazz
* Where are the source/page of the Critters ?

* Crash in english version : new Critter -> eastern Dragon -> info tab -> check "mark character as created" -> file -> save as -> crash after saving.
[ Spoiler ]
Then try file -> open -> open the file you created and re-crash :
[ Spoiler ]
It seem the assenssing skill @ 8 makes chummer behaves a strange way.
---

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 29 2011, 06:22 PM) *
would be better to add a drop down to the dice roller letting you select the skill you want to roll instead of adding dozens of buttons.

Why not, both may be cool.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 30 2011, 08:43 AM) *
* Where are the source/page of the Critters ?

* Crash in english version : new Critter -> eastern Dragon -> info tab -> check "mark character as created" -> file -> save as -> crash after saving.

The source and page information are the same tags as everywhere else. They're the last 2 tags in the <metatype /> block.

That was a pain in the butt to fix. For some reason Skill Groups were being forcefully put back to a maximum Rating of 6 when in Career Mode, even if they've been given a higher value, and the whole problem just cascaded from there. This is fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 29 2011, 08:44 AM) *
Nebular:

- Augmented attributes tooltips are not using translated strings
- All advanced contact options are not translated
- How can we have translated suggested specializations?
- Is there a way we can have access to the 2 french translations files on your update host so that you would not need to retrieve them each time we make a modification?

The first two will be corrected in the next update. I'll see what I can do about getting the basic specializations translatable as well. The last one will not be doable as updating file version information also requires access to an XML file that catalogues all of the files that can be downloaded and their current version number. Allowing others to have access to this means that I might end up overwriting language file information with what's in my development copy, anyone dong translation work replacing the changes made by someone else, or anyone else mucking about with version information they're not supposed to (or adding or removing entries that would cause a larger number of other problems).
Nebular
QUOTE (drakir @ Oct 29 2011, 06:09 AM) *
A small error report. The Firewall 3 commlink operating system upgrade (plugin for commlinks) is a bargain for the moment because it also includes a System 8 software.

The Gear data file has been updated to correct this. If one of your characters has this, you'll need to remove it then re-added it so it picks up the change.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 30 2011, 04:44 PM) *
The first two will be corrected in the next update. I'll see what I can do about getting the basic specializations translatable as well. The last one will not be doable as updating file version information also requires access to an XML file that catalogues all of the files that can be downloaded and their current version number. Allowing others to have access to this means that I might end up overwriting language file information with what's in my development copy, anyone dong translation work replacing the changes made by someone else, or anyone else mucking about with version information they're not supposed to (or adding or removing entries that would cause a larger number of other problems).

Okey dokey. If you found any idea about streamlining the update of translations, let me know.
Thanks for the other items!
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Oct 29 2011, 08:12 AM) *
I have a request for some house rules, but I'm afraid you'll hate the French, after all requests have already done deurk and Jazz. biggrin.gif

With friends, we play in a particular setting (the Euroline Project) in which the price of restricted and forbidden materials is higher (x2 and x3). The cost of spells is also higher (BP's for sure and I believe that karma also in the career mode). I'm not sure for the adept powers or technomancer stuff, I'll ask my GM.
For now, we can work it out for equipment: just buy two or three times what you want in creation mode, then delete it when you're in career mode. But for cyber / bioware is not possible (essence) and the same is true for spells (max number of spells).

Would it be possible to add some options in the house rules to increase the price of R and F gear and something for the spell cost ?

I'll take a look and see if these are doable. I think they are, but I need to double-check. You can already modify the Karma cost of everything through the Options window. These are house rules so they'll take a while to get around to.
Nebular
Build 238
  • A.I.s now use the correct Optimization plugin
  • Gear plugins now properly use their Rating when applying Improvements when added to a character
  • changing a Gear's Rating now correctly updates any Improvements they apply to the character
  • searching should now work with accented characters
  • augmented Attribute tooltips now use the translated object names when appropriate
  • advanced Contact option strings now read from the language file
  • fixed an issue where Critters with Skill Groups higher than Rating 6 would cause an error when being saved as Created and loaded in Career Mode
  • Commlinks and Commlink Operating Systems are now saved, loaded, and printed properly when added to a Vehicle
New Strings
  • String_SelectContactConnection_Members
  • String_SelectContactConnection_AreaDistrict
  • String_SelectContactConnection_AreaSprawlwide
  • String_SelectContactConnection_AreaNational
  • String_SelectContactConnection_AreaGlobal
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MagicalMinority
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MagicalMost
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MagicalVast
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MatrixActive
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MatrixBroad
  • String_SelectContactConnection_MatrixPervasive
deurk
Once again, excellent reactive work wink.gif
deurk
fr.xml and fr-data.xml are updated, see in sig.
Wooj
This program is absolutely amazing. It turns character generation from an all day event to... Well it still takes a few hours, but such an improvement.

I have noticed one minor issue. I am trying to add two geas to a character, but the geas option does not show up after adding it the first time. According to the rules, characters should be able to have multiple geas, though if you break one it counts as breaking all of them (so if you had two it would be a -2 to your magic for the day)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012