Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
redwulf25
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 28 2011, 11:34 AM) *
I would think that Technomancers wouldn't be affected by comlinks.

They shouldn't be. Although they get the hot sim bonus just from being technomancers. The only reasons for a technomance to carry a link are storage space and being able to say "I'm not a technomancer! See, I have a comlink!"
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 28 2011, 02:35 PM) *
They shouldn't be. Although they get the hot sim bonus just from being technomancers. The only reasons for a technomance to carry a link are storage space and being able to say "I'm not a technomancer! See, I have a comlink!"

There is another reason, extended range. Having a signal of Resonance / 2 can be limiting in some situations, so having a comlink with a range of 4+ km as opposed to a couple hundred meters is nice.

But really the only way they would get stats based off of a comlink is if they were doing it old school.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 28 2011, 11:34 AM) *
I would think that Technomancers wouldn't be affected by comlinks.

I'm thinking have the stats associated with each comlink and not the character.
The stats are partially based on the comlinks stats and partially based on the character.
Having the Matrix Initiative and Matrix Passes associated with the comlink allows for multiple comlinks and nexi.

The problem is that a Hot Sim grants a flat +2 bonus to Matrix IPs, so the app is just doing what it's told. As far as I see it, a Technomancer shouldn't be taking a Hot Sim.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 28 2011, 02:24 PM) *
One of the Advantages for the Firefight martial art is missing it's </name> tag.

I was sure I had caught this and fixed it before I uploaded the file last night. In any event, I've uploaded the working copy to fix it.
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 28 2011, 01:08 PM) *
Just noticed a little trouble with FFBA. It looks like the b/a bonuses are off. Just added a heavy armored clothing (4/2) and ffba-half (4/1). It should give a total of 8/3, but is showing 12/4. The tooltip is showing the correct armor ratings, but is adding a b modifier of (4) and an i modifier of (1).

I'm not sure if it's related, but I noticed that when I originally picked the armor, it showed +4/+1 as the ratings, rather than the typical 4/1.

Bwahaha. That's a neat trick! Um, I think something's wrong with Combining Clothing and Form-Fitting Armor. I'll have this fixed up for the next update.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 05:24 PM) *
The problem is that a Hot Sim grants a flat +2 bonus to Matrix IPs, so the app is just doing what it's told. As far as I see it, a Technomancer shouldn't be taking a Hot Sim.

But how would you work it for a character that has two comlinks one has Hot Sim and one doesn't.

I think the best way to handle this is to have the matrix initiative and passes to be associated with the comlink.
That way you can have multiple comlinks and you don't have conflicts.
The other thing is, it's not something that needs to be stored, it can be calculated at the time of generating the character sheet.

Where the character sheet is concerned I have a suggestion.

Have a look at the character sheet you can find here.

It has some great ideas on formatting for things like vehicles, sprites/spirits and comlinks, etc.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 28 2011, 04:24 PM) *

Didn't expect a Hot Sim module to add to what I thought was going to be a stat from the Living Persona. Well, at least I know now why the IPs are so high.

The reason that particular character has a Hot Sim module (among the other gear you saw) is to be able to portray the fact that he is a hacker, but to try and conceal the fact that he's also a Technomancer.
redwulf25
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 28 2011, 09:24 PM) *
Didn't expect a Hot Sim module to add to what I thought was going to be a stat from the Living Persona. Well, at least I know now why the IPs are so high.

The reason that particular character has a Hot Sim module (among the other gear you saw) is to be able to portray the fact that he is a hacker, but to try and conceal the fact that he's also a Technomancer.

If you're in a position where they're disassembling your com so they can tell if it's modded for hot sim or not aren't you pretty fucked anyway?
Credstick
Nebular.

Just sent you updated XML for Unfriendly Skies. Hopefully you can add it to the build soon.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 28 2011, 07:56 PM) *
If you're in a position where they're disassembling your com so they can tell if it's modded for hot sim or not aren't you pretty fucked anyway?

Maybe, but the character also has some skill as a 'stand-up philosopher'. Besides, figured that if a commlink is hacked at the administrator level that hardware information would be available and that a Sim module would be identifiable as "hot" or "cold" based on bandwidth usage with the trodes. The idea intent was for a TM to conceal the fact that he is a TM (fluff wise there's still a hefty fear about them, even if at 2072).

But more back onto the thread's topic, might it be possible to put the Matrix Initiative and IPs with their respective commlinks & living persona? Most of the talk around here is for non-TM hackers to have more than one commlink on (or in) their person. Would be easier if those stats were with their respective hardware.

Added: Noticed that Improved Takeoff and Landing Level 2 came up free. It's calculating cost on Rating instead of Body.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 29 2011, 02:36 AM) *
Added: Noticed that Improved Takeoff and Landing Level 2 came up free. It's calculating cost on Rating instead of Body.

I've uploaded the updated Vehicles file which has this fix. The new file also contains all of the new Vehicles from Friday's release of Unfriendly Skies (thanks to Credstick for getting all of these Vehicles entered and letting me know the book is out! biggrin.gif).
ShadowWalker
Things I would like to see:
House rule: Free contacts equal to twice the value of Charisma.
House rule: Essence loss only affects the maximum Magic and Resonance. Current Magic and Resonance only gets decreased when Current and Maximum are the same. This also means that the cost for increasing Magic and Resonance is based off of Current value +1.
SpellBinder
Among the house rules, if more are going to be added, for karma build would like to see an option for free karma for knowledge skills ((Logic + Intuition) * 6).
ShadowWalker
I was looking at the programs.xml file to see if I could enter in all the program options for you and noticed a few things.
Under Tactical AR Software you have several items listed that are not programs.
They are packages of programs, that have a package discount.
As an example:
Eastern-Tiger Palladium has Armor 4, Biofeedback Filter 3, Medic 3 and Track 4 in it.
These are all separate programs packaged for purchase purposes only. This would be similar to the packages in PACKS, but with one significant difference, they have a discount on the total price.

I was thinking of two things while looking at this.
Add to each program,
<maxrating> with the possible entries as:
<maxrating/> for programs that have no limit, or at least no theoretical limit.
<maxrating>number</maxrating> for programs that have a specific limit on how high the rating can be. You might use zero for programs that have no rating at all.
<capacity> for use with program options:
<capacity>Rating/2</capacity> for programs that have a rating and are allowed options
<capacity>0</capacity> for programs that are not allowed options
<capacity>1</capacity> for programs that have no rating but are allowed 1 option (BTLs)

Capacity may not be needed since the option has listed what categories/programs it's allowed to be in, and if you use maxrating then you can use that to determine capacity.
I like including it for those items that might break the general rules for how it is supposed to work. We all know there is always one item that breaks the rules.

If you give me a format on how you want options entered, and/or changes to the programs entries I can do the data entry for it.
longbowrocks
If you're going to make all these house rules available, you might as well just have a tab that allows users to customize simple functions with access to global variables like CHA, BOD, AGI, and some non-attribute ones.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 29 2011, 03:02 PM) *
<capacity>Rating/2</capacity> for programs that have a rating and are allowed options

I'm assuming Rating/2 is a mathematical formula, correct (as in Rating divided by 2, not Rating or 2). Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding something before I start working on it. smile.gif In any event, what you've outlined looks good to me. If you'd like to enter that stuff, be my guest! biggrin.gif I've got a few little things finally taken care of and did some digging around trying to get Chummer to work under Mono.

Unfortunately the current stable release of Mono has a number of things it doesn't support that Chummer requires. It does, however, appear to work with the newest beta build of Mono on Windows XP (hooray for old virtual machines I can butcher!). So good news for players with a Mac/Linux OS who want to use this. No idea when they'll actually release the next stable build, but here's hoping it's soon.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 30 2011, 12:34 AM) *
I'm assuming Rating/2 is a mathematical formula, correct (as in Rating divided by 2, not Rating or 2). Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding something before I start working on it. smile.gif In any event, what you've outlined looks good to me. If you'd like to enter that stuff, be my guest! biggrin.gif I've got a few little things finally taken care of and did some digging around trying to get Chummer to work under Mono.

Unfortunately the current stable release of Mono has a number of things it doesn't support that Chummer requires. It does, however, appear to work with the newest beta build of Mono on Windows XP (hooray for old virtual machines I can butcher!). So good news for players with a Mac/Linux OS who want to use this. No idea when they'll actually release the next stable build, but here's hoping it's soon.

yes it's a formula.
Most programs that can have program options can have a number of them up to their rating divided by 2.

I was thinking of
<options>
<option>
<name></name>
<category></category>
<programtypes>
<programtype program=""></programtype>
</programtypes>
<bonus>
<selecttext/>
</bonus>
<complexform></complexform>
<source></source>
<page></page>
<option>
</options>

For the program options.
The only thing I'm not sure about is that the program type can limit it by category, Common, Hacking, Simsense, etc, or it can say, Hacking (Combat Programs only) or Hacking (Data Bomb Only).
Not sure what would be the best way to list one or more programs associated to a particular category of programs.
I could change it from program type and then list each program in the category, the problem is this would mean adding new programs would be a pain.
I would prefer to use something more elegant. So that major editing doesn't have to happen when a new program is added.
Not all of them have selecttext, I just added it because some of them do.
fazzamar
Unless it's already in and I'm just overlooking it, can you add tracking for edge usage on characters in career mode? It would mean one less thing I have to track in my notes between sessions.
Nebular
QUOTE (fazzamar @ May 30 2011, 01:06 AM) *
Unless it's already in and I'm just overlooking it, can you add tracking for edge usage on characters in career mode? It would mean one less thing I have to track in my notes between sessions.

Ooh, good idea. I'm assuming you want to track using it, burning it, and getting back X number of points? Would just reducing it be sufficient, or are you looking for something that's more of an audit history like the Karma/Nuyen history?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 30 2011, 12:25 AM) *
yes it's a formula.
Most programs that can have program options can have a number of them up to their rating divided by 2.

I was thinking of
<options>
<option>
<name></name>
<category></category>
<programtypes>
<programtype program=""></programtype>
</programtypes>
<bonus>
<selecttext/>
</bonus>
<complexform></complexform>
<source></source>
<page></page>
<option>
</options>

For the program options.
The only thing I'm not sure about is that the program type can limit it by category, Common, Hacking, Simsense, etc, or it can say, Hacking (Combat Programs only) or Hacking (Data Bomb Only).
Not sure what would be the best way to list one or more programs associated to a particular category of programs.
I could change it from program type and then list each program in the category, the problem is this would mean adding new programs would be a pain.
I would prefer to use something more elegant. So that major editing doesn't have to happen when a new program is added.
Not all of them have selecttext, I just added it because some of them do.

I think what you have here looks fine. For specifying Program Limitations you could use <proramtype program="Combat only">Hacking</programtype>, or <programtype program="Type X or Type Y only">Hacking</program> and so on. The contents of the program attribute would only be for display purposes, simliar to the Vehicle limtation item for Vehicle Mods.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 30 2011, 08:33 AM) *
I think what you have here looks fine. For specifying Program Limitations you could use <proramtype program="Combat only">Hacking</programtype>, or <programtype program="Type X or Type Y only">Hacking</program> and so on. The contents of the program attribute would only be for display purposes, simliar to the Vehicle limtation item for Vehicle Mods.

Comma delimited would be fine?
So if there could be something like,
<programtype>Hacking</programtype>
<programtype program="Data Bomb">Hacking</programtype>
<programtype program="Attack,Black Hammer,Blackout"

This would be fine?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 30 2011, 11:08 AM) *
Comma delimited would be fine?
So if there could be something like,
<programtype>Hacking</programtype>
<programtype program="Data Bomb">Hacking</programtype>
<programtype program="Attack,Black Hammer,Blackout"

This would be fine?

Yup, that would be fine.
ShadowWalker
ok program options all done.

For the programs I added the following
<maxrating/> means it has no theoretical limit.
<maxrating>0</maxrating> means it has no rating
<maxrating>1</maxrating> means that is as high as the rating is allowed to go. It could be any number.
<capacity>Rating/2</capacity> means the programs capacity for program options is it's rating divided by 2.
<capacity>0</capacity> means it's not allowed to have any options.
<capacity>1</capacity> means it's allowed to have only one option attached.
<tags>
<tag>Combat</tag>
</tags>

I used tags to denote various information about the program that is used by program options to determine which programs they are allowed to be attached to.
So there is, Combat, Black, Bomb, Attack, Skillsoft, Activesoft, Knowsoft and Linguasoft. I think that's the full list.

For the options I used the following
<options>
<option>
<name>Pluscode</name>
<category>Simsense</category>
<maxrating/>
<programtypes>
<programtype tags="Activesoft">Simsense</programtype>
</programtypes>
<tags>
<tag></tag>
<tags>
<complexform>yes</complexform>
<source>UN</source>
<page>117</page>
</option>
</option>

It's possible for an option to add a tag to a program. There is only one instance of this. That is for Biofeedback which turns your Data Bomb into a Black attack.
I also attached a couple of extra files for items I found that were missing.
The Camera and Microphone sensors don't work exactly as I would want them to. Capacity would need to change to allow for both the ability to take up space and to also allow for it having space.
Right now they only take up space.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l58lcl910xmfmlc
longbowrocks
Where are the "Steampunk Accessories" from page 154 of attitude? It's actually one item that costs 120 and converts an outfit to steampunk style.
Nebular
I put it in the Odds and Ends Category of Gear since it wasn't actually an Armor Mod (Acoustic Clothing is in there as well).
longbowrocks
Thanks. I guess I should have asked earlier, but what about steampunk drones?
whatevs
Not sure if anyone else has replicated this issue, but every time there's an update, my character ends up broken. The problem is with attribute calculation. After every update, two augmented attributes change from (6) to (2), and then impact everything else from there. Skill ratings that were originally 10 (including augmented attribute of 6), end up being 4. The character in question uses all bioware, so I'm wondering if the problem originates there.

When I recreate the character from scratch (after the update), the problems don't replicate. But I'm guessing the next update with undo that work. My mage character (with no bio) seems fine.

Any suggestions?
whatevs
Damn double post... what I just said.
whatevs
While I'm in the mood to post, noticed that weapons and modifications don't have concealability ratings / modifiers. Any plans for this Nebular?
Nebular
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 30 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Thanks. I guess I should have asked earlier, but what about steampunk drones?

Nowhere to be found. Completely missed it. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 30 2011, 08:28 PM) *
Not sure if anyone else has replicated this issue, but every time there's an update, my character ends up broken. The problem is with attribute calculation. After every update, two augmented attributes change from (6) to (2), and then impact everything else from there. Skill ratings that were originally 10 (including augmented attribute of 6), end up being 4. The character in question uses all bioware, so I'm wondering if the problem originates there.

When I recreate the character from scratch (after the update), the problems don't replicate. But I'm guessing the next update with undo that work. My mage character (with no bio) seems fine.

Any suggestions?

Not entirely sure. Could you email me the save file (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll take a look and see what's going on.
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 30 2011, 08:39 PM) *
While I'm in the mood to post, noticed that weapons and modifications don't have concealability ratings / modifiers. Any plans for this Nebular?

Didn't have any before. They're on the list now.
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 31 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Not entirely sure. Could you email me the save file (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Well, I recreated and overwrote the save file. If it happens again after the next update, I'll send your way.
whatevs
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 31 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Didn't have any before. They're on the list now.

Thought these might save you some time:

SR4a311, SR4a322, AR148
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 30 2011, 01:02 PM) *
ok program options all done.

Thanks! There's a growing list o' stuff that needs to get done now, but hopefully I'll be able to get the Programs stuff taken care of shortly since it's a core piece.
ShadowWalker
Comlink Response and Signal upgrades could use a "Do it yourself upgrade" button.

on page 227 of SR4A there is the following,
"You can also use it to build your own hardware upgrades; use the Building Hardware Table, keeping in mind that the cost for parts is half the purchase price of the upgrade and following the rules for Using Technical Skills to Build or Repair, p. 138."
Need a way to enter a Custom Commlink. It would use the same as above, just that you get to select the response and signal.
Could have it as a zero for response and signal and then allow an upgrade to any rating response and/or signal.

Actually most items you buy could use a radio group with, Standard, Black Market, Free in it.
The Do it yourself upgrade could in fact be a black market purchase... Not sure it needs to be unless you go over a 6.
SpellBinder
In reading the Adept power "Natural Survivors", I think Chummer is not set up correctly to handle this power. The way the power is worded, you get a +1 bonus to Navigation & Survival & Tracking, or a +1 bonus to Shadowing & Survival & Street Knowledge. I did figure a way to rewrite the powers so they actually work (more or less) as I think the power is intended (download here), and it seems to work fine in Chummer for me.

Also noticed, in working with this power, the required quality portion is not working. The Adept I was working on when I found this issue actually has the "Warrior's Way" quality and was able to choose this power.

And then I found a few limits in Adept powers aren't being enforced. The Improved Ability power modifies the rating of the appropriate skill, which means 3 is the maximum ever possible (right from SR4a, page 196, "A skill’s maximum modified rating equals its base rating x 1.5."), and all powers with levels are limited to the Adepts Magic attribute (was able to go to rating six for Improved Ability - Archery on a Magic Attribute of 2).
Fyndhal
Downloaded the program over the weekend and spent some time playing with it.

1) The "Thrill Seeker" disad is missing.
2) There was no way for me to buy a vehicle as "Used"
3) There needs to be a way to modify the amount of Nuyen granted per build point. Higher starting BP games often modify this.

If any of these are already implemented and I simply missed them, I apologize. Just point me in the right direction for finding them, and I'll be happy.
Nebular
Thrill Seeker is there, only there is no Negative Quality actually called Thrill Seeker - it's an option for Poor Self Control. It's listed in the Negative Qualities as "Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)". smile.gif

I'll add the other to the list o' stuf to do.
Fyndhal
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 31 2011, 09:54 AM) *
Thrill Seeker is there, only there is no Negative Quality actually called Thrill Seeker - it's an option for Poor Self Control. It's listed in the Negative Qualities as "Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)". smile.gif

I'll add the other to the list o' stuf to do.

Thanks! Awesome job, by the way. I'm really liking it, so far.
Credstick
I found the Autosoft's.
Any way to add to Vehicle Mod if exist in gear?
Nebular
Sort of, yes... But not in the way you're wanting. smile.gif Right now it's limited to just Sensors and Ammunition - they're really just Gear that can be attached to a Vehicle. I just put the restriction on what sort of Gear could be added (originally it was just Sensors until I realised that Vehicles need Ammo if they want to fire their Weapons in Career Mode). I'm thinkin' I should just open the whole thing up so any Gear can be added to any Vehicle.
fazzamar
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 30 2011, 09:27 AM) *
Ooh, good idea. I'm assuming you want to track using it, burning it, and getting back X number of points? Would just reducing it be sufficient, or are you looking for something that's more of an audit history like the Karma/Nuyen history?

An audit history wouldn't be needed, just a way to record it and a button to reduce/increase the unused edge when edge is used/refreshed, separate from the character's total edge ofcourse. Possibly on the same pane as the condition monitors would make the most sense, to me anyway.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 31 2011, 11:46 AM) *
Sort of, yes... But not in the way you're wanting. smile.gif Right now it's limited to just Sensors and Ammunition - they're really just Gear that can be attached to a Vehicle. I just put the restriction on what sort of Gear could be added (originally it was just Sensors until I realised that Vehicles need Ammo if they want to fire their Weapons in Career Mode). I'm thinkin' I should just open the whole thing up so any Gear can be added to any Vehicle.

I should be possible to move gear around from say gear, to your vehicle and back again.
So you can denote what is say in your apartment, what's on your person and what's in your car.

It would be nice if the message windows that pop up when you spend karma, or delete something, or any other message for that matter, include what you are spending the karma on, or what you are deleting, etc.
It's just for ease of making sure you clicked on the right thing.
whatevs
Just noticed that there isn't a designation between hand thrown grenades and minigrenades for grenade launchers in Chummer. Whaddya think? Worthwile addition?
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 31 2011, 12:33 AM) *
In reading the Adept power "Natural Survivors", I think Chummer is not set up correctly to handle this power. The way the power is worded, you get a +1 bonus to Navigation & Survival & Tracking, or a +1 bonus to Shadowing & Survival & Street Knowledge. I did figure a way to rewrite the powers so they actually work (more or less) as I think the power is intended (download here), and it seems to work fine in Chummer for me.

Also noticed, in working with this power, the required quality portion is not working. The Adept I was working on when I found this issue actually has the "Warrior's Way" quality and was able to choose this power.

And then I found a few limits in Adept powers aren't being enforced. The Improved Ability power modifies the rating of the appropriate skill, which means 3 is the maximum ever possible (right from SR4a, page 196, "A skill’s maximum modified rating equals its base rating x 1.5."), and all powers with levels are limited to the Adepts Magic attribute (was able to go to rating six for Improved Ability - Archery on a Magic Attribute of 2).

You're correct. I misread the Power when I entered this - the "or" when it listed the Skills made me think you had to pick one, but the ending of it does refer to a "group" of Skills. I've also added in the Quality requirement checking. I could have sworn I did this before, but it's not there, so I apparently didn't! smile.gif The maximum Skill modifier will be handled by the Skill objects themselves - the Powers will still let you set their Rating higher than what the Skills themselves might allow since there could be other benefits for having a higher Rated Power, and you can always add Cyberware/Bioware that would keep trying to add to those modifiers. It also means that if you remove something else that normally counts towards them during creation, the modifiers from the Power will still be in place. (I'm really hoping that made sense - I'm beat and the brain is starting to leak out of my ears wobble.gif - short version: Power Rating can always go up to max, regardless of max Skill modifier, Skill Modifier will always enforce 1.5X max though). This (less the brain ooze) will all be in this week's update.

Quick edit: before anyone jumps on me saying they don't like the maximum Skill modifier rule, don't worry, it's being made an option. biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (whatevs @ May 31 2011, 07:13 PM) *
Just noticed that there isn't a designation between hand thrown grenades and minigrenades for grenade launchers in Chummer. Whaddya think? Worthwile addition?

Possibly. I'll have to look into this once I get some of the other bits cleared off of my list of stuff. It's growing faster than I can keep up with it. nyahnyah.gif
Credstick
Nebular,

I think the free Knowledge calculations are incorrect with the build points.
I have attached a link to a character that should have 18 free points, but it says that he is -2 Build Points.

I think it has something to do with Languages.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vr8ympqp3gkam3o
Nebular
Could you email me the file (nebular@shaw.ca)? I'm behind a proxy server right now that's blocking all of the MediaFire functions and won't let me download it nyahnyah.gif I did give this a quick test with a new character it a seems to be working properly from what I can see. (INT + LOG) x 3 for the number of free Knowledge Skills, Languages count towards the free points, along with Specializations. The application doesn't know there's a difference between Languages and other Knowledge Skills because they're all Knowledge Skills (which is how the book handles them as well).
Nebular
Everything looks correct to me. You have 18 free Knowledge Skill points based on your combined INT + LOG of 6. 18 points have been put into Knowledge Skill Ratings. You also selected 2 Specializations which cost 1 Knowledge Skill point each. Since you now have 20 in total, the extra cost comes out of your BP (the Build Point Summary shows your Knowledge Skills sitting at 4 BP). The first one moved you from 2 BP remaining to 0 BP, the second moved you from 0 BP to -2 BP. If you remove these Specializations, it puts you back to 2 BP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012