Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
The Gear data file has been updated to give Capsule Rounds access to Chemtech, Combat Chemicals, and Toxins as plugins.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Oct 14 2011, 05:31 PM) *
3 posts after another suck, but i remember u said at some point, that you often oversee edits, so here we go:

->Should i redownload the chummer-exe, or is it a known problem?

I can't seem to reproduce this. Downloading the executable again won't fix the problem. What does it do when you try to download the file? Any error at all? You could also just try downloading the file manually from www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr.xml and putting it in the Chummer\lang directory to see if that solves the problem.
Nebular
I'll look at adding additional drag-and-drop support for stuff later on. Adding it to Lifestyles shouldn't be a big deal. It's the other stuff that can be problematic as they're considerably more complex (especially Vehicles).
KarmaInferno
Speaking about Vehicles...

Adding a pre-packaged Nexus to a vehicle throws an error if you click on any of the Matrix Attribute sub-entries. This does not happen if you use the "add nexus" option rather than the pre-packaged.

The Roving Hub medium drone should have the Evo Mobile Terminus nexus as standard gear. When I added to the vehicles.xml file, it showed up fine but clicking on the Matrix Attributes threw the same error as above.

[ Spoiler ]

Additionally none of the Nexi allow further modification - there are a number of electronics modifications that should be applicable.

Over on the Gear tab, I don't see any option to add a custom nexus?

-k
Bobby
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 15 2011, 01:06 AM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this. Downloading the executable again won't fix the problem. What does it do when you try to download the file? Any error at all? You could also just try downloading the file manually from www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr.xml and putting it in the Chummer\lang directory to see if that solves the problem.

Redownloading Chummer (the whole zip) and installing over the top fixed this for me when it was happening to me.

McDougle
When I selected the entry I couldn´t choose to download it, but just click the window away... but dling it manually finally solved the problem! smile.gif
Thanks again. smile.gif

BTW:
Is someone already working on a german translation?
I am fine with english, but I could help translating I guess(not alone though, reallife will kick in soon).
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 15 2011, 01:16 AM) *
Speaking about Vehicles...

Adding a pre-packaged Nexus to a vehicle throws an error if you click on any of the Matrix Attribute sub-entries. This does not happen if you use the "add nexus" option rather than the pre-packaged.

The Roving Hub medium drone should have the Evo Mobile Terminus nexus as standard gear. When I added to the vehicles.xml file, it showed up fine but clicking on the Matrix Attributes threw the same error as above.

Additionally none of the Nexi allow further modification - there are a number of electronics modifications that should be applicable.

Over on the Gear tab, I don't see any option to add a custom nexus?

-k

I'll look into the Vehicle Nexus problem. On the Gear tab, you can add a Nexus by clicking the arrow on the Add Gear button and choosing Add Nexus.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Oct 15 2011, 06:53 AM) *
When I selected the entry I couldn´t choose to download it, but just click the window away... but dling it manually finally solved the problem! smile.gif
Thanks again. smile.gif

BTW:
Is someone already working on a german translation?
I am fine with english, but I could help translating I guess(not alone though, reallife will kick in soon).

The only translation stuff going on right now that I know if is for French, so there are no German translations that I know about. The UI translations aren't too bad - they're a lot of small strings. The data translations, however, are a pretty large task. smile.gif
deurk
Especially when not all the books are available in the language nyahnyah.gif
Jazz
In metamagics.xml
* Adept centering should be @ SR4 p.198
* Additional power point is described @ SM p.32

---
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 15 2011, 06:29 PM) *
The UI translations aren't too bad - they're a lot of small strings. The data translations, however, are a pretty large task. smile.gif

* UI translation is 6 man/day for a perfectionist / fast typer / stubborn guy like me (i made it in 4 days but 12 hours/day)
* Data translation is 20 man/day for a perfectionist / fast typer / stubborn guy like me (now half-made, I think I will transmit a first version to nebular tonigth).
* Having all the books in your langage is mandatory
* Having english pdf is very helpfull.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 15 2011, 03:39 PM) *
In metamagics.xml
* Additional power point is described @ SM p.32

SM 32 in my book is introduction to the Paths of Magic chapter which is all flavour text. I can't find any reference to additional Power Points as Metamagic in the book.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 15 2011, 09:46 PM) *
SM 32 in my book is introduction to the Paths of Magic chapter which is all flavour text. I can't find any reference to additional Power Points as Metamagic in the book.

Sorry, it's 31. It's in the additional rules white on black thingy. It's in the french book, but not in the english pdf (or maybe it is in an errated version)...
Yerameyahu
SM Errata v1.2:
p. 31 Tweaking the Rules
Add the following Tweak:
“Adept Initiation. Groups may consider allowing adepts to gain 1 Power Point instead of a Metamagic at Initiation.”
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 15 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Sorry, it's 31. It's in the additional rules white on black thingy. It's in the french book, but not in the english pdf (or maybe it is in an errated version)...

It wasn't in my book either but it's the first printing. It does appear in the errata though. I've updated the Metamagic data file to include these corrections.
Jazz
In streams.xml
* Technoshamans can be found @ Unwired p.140
Jazz
* most of your alphabetic sorting is made using the english names, not the translated ones.

* all book abreviations are the english abreviation (example "DG p.3" should be "GN p.3" in french). I'd love to use the french ones so no confusion is possible. You should use SR4A and not SR4 btw.

* some hardcoded english text is left (like mentor ruletexts for exemple)

* I'll ask a special "Verify" feature in addition of the very handy current one. It's not for this week or the next one, it's only for after I have a full translated version :

delete last verify file, open a new one
- for each english and translation string in the translating/parsing array :
-- if the sourcebook is checked in the settings (no need to display the books the user didn't checked but if you don't do that nevermind)
--- if an english string is missing or the english string is untranslated
---- write in the verify file that missing en string or missing trans string, using that format, with ';' :
trans_missing_flag;en_missing_flag;source xml;category;english sourcebook;english sourcebook page;english name
--- endif
-- endif
- next
close verify file

(for "martial art" format, or names/category, that category field could be handy there)

With those ';', it would help me a lot eradicating fr-data.xml fitting to data.xml strings problems, so there will be no need to precisly tell me what are the changed names and such (I made a mistake giving you gear changes because I don't really know what are the changes now so I need to re-extract the file and rework it. I'd like to dodge this when files are allready made like when I give you the data files errors I spotted. I don't really know how to do for these cases without staring at these long files for hours and spotting the errors manually).

If it's too much work, don't but it would help me a lot for the future (aka unreleased books in french and english data files namechanging). For info, I don't care if that process would hang chummer for 10 minutes, that would help me so much smile.gif

* I'd love your translating/parsing process to be multithreaded : this takes a lot of time at char opening. For exemple, say one thread pick the first xml, translate it, the second thread take the second xml, and so on until all core are mapped with threads. Then when a thread finish its translation, it take another xml until no xml is left.

* So far, untranslated xml are weapons, vehicles, gear, programs, critter, critter powers, martial arts. I'll provide a first version tomorow, maybe with metatypes and weapons and/or programs but with all categories, with lastest GUI translated strings aswell.

* irl I'm going from COBOL to Java. Last week all my dreams came true. My life turned a little like that :
collegue_age_mean = collegue_age_mean - 15;
girls = girls * 3;
fun = fun * 3;
having_to_actually_think = having_to_actually_think * 3;
having_to_actually_care = having_to_actually_care * 2;
money = money * 1.25;
working_for_banks_or_insurances = false;
i_m_a_dirty_nublet_but_not_that_much_if_i_talk_functional = true;

I'm actually smilling all day long at work, first time since 3 or 4 years at least biggrin.gif
Shortstraw
Black Market Pipeline from Runners Companion (p96) does nothing.
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Oct 15 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Black Market Pipeline from Runners Companion (p96) does nothing.

Nope. It's up to the player to manage this as it can cover pretty much anything thanks to its combination of Contacts and any other purchasable or sellable goods. There is no awareness of who your buying/selling from - only that you're doing it.
KarmaInferno
The problem is that there's no way to manually make adjustments to prices on much of the gear.

[edit]I got to thinking about it, and was wondering, if you just have the quality apply the 10% discount to the player-selected category, assuming the character always buys gear of that catgory from the Black Market Pipeline contact, and just leave the contact selection un-coded, would that work?

Possible categories: (I tried not to make any of the categories too large or too small. The first four are straight from the book.)
[ Spoiler ]

Alternately, perhaps a entry box on gear, vehicles, weapons, etc that simply adjusts the nuyen price by the amount entered, or if the user puts a percent mark at the end adjusts the price by that percentage. This would ALSO allow any other price adjustments that a player or GM might want, like the additional cost a dwarf, troll, or sapient critter may be required to pay for size-adjusted gear.

-k
Gwynfallan
Greetings again! I am loving the newest updates, but a few hiccups remain.

1) Chummer allows users to specify the matrix action affected by the Codeslinger (SR4A 90) positive quality, but will not allow us to specify the matrix action affected by the Codeblock (SR4A 94) negative quality.

2) Given the dramatic hike in skillsoft prices in SR4A, will you be adjusting the skillsoft cluster prices (UN 128) accordingly (in the near future) or wait for specific errata to be released? The adjusted cluster prices would nearly triple, but the discount process described on UN 128 is fairly straight forward.
Adjusted Price List: DocWagon Paramedic - 44,800¥, Knight Errant Self-Defense - 48,000¥, Manadyne Archmage - 28,800¥, Mitsuhama Home Mechanic - 44,800¥, Whiskey Noir - 46,400¥

Fortunately, if you have no plans to confuse folks with errata that doesn't exist quite yet, you have made the absolutely invaluable custom_filename option available so that I can add and edit the clusters appropriately.
deurk
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 16 2011, 04:20 AM) *
The problem is that there's no way to manually make adjustments to prices on much of the gear.

[edit]I got to thinking about it, and was wondering, if you just have the quality apply the 10% discount to the player-selected category, assuming the character always buys gear of that catgory from the Black Market Pipeline contact, and just leave the contact selection un-coded, would that work?

Possible categories: (I tried not to make any of the categories too large or too small. The first four are straight from the book.)
[ Spoiler ]

Alternately, perhaps a entry box on gear, vehicles, weapons, etc that simply adjusts the nuyen price by the amount entered, or if the user puts a percent mark at the end adjusts the price by that percentage. This would ALSO allow any other price adjustments that a player or GM might want, like the additional cost a dwarf, troll, or sapient critter may be required to pay for size-adjusted gear.

How about just have in gear the same discount box available for lifestyles?
That way people can adjust prices as they want.
ChatNoir
There is a discount option "Markup" but only in career mode for now.
Jazz
In programs.xml :
* many many many problems in programs.xml, sent as a xls in private. I somehow made a complexform/echo confusion in this xls.
deurk
"Browse" Matrix Program is now sending an error. Did not happen before.
[ Spoiler ]
deurk
Another question, how does one translate a character sheet?
Shortstraw
Since there is already an option to discount gear in career mode and vehicles through the used quality couldnt it be modified it so you can add discounts normally?
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Oct 16 2011, 07:09 AM) *
There is a discount option "Markup" but only in career mode for now.

Yeah, I can extend this to Armor, Weapons, and Vehicles, but it would only affect Career Mode. This is problematic for Create Mode because it doesn't actually affect the item's actual price - just how much you purchase it for.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 16 2011, 02:17 PM) *
Another question, how does one translate a character sheet?

Create a new one in the desired language. smile.gif You can use existing ones as a starting point - so you could create a French copy of the SR4 sheets and just change all of the labels. I was looking at this before, but the only way to do string variable string replacements with XSL is to write all of the necessary strings out with the character information which is not a good solution. This also one of the reasons I went with XSL for character sheets - anyone can create whatever sheet they want.
deurk
Ok for the sheet, thanks for the answer.

Have you been able to check this? -edit- Oops, just saw that your posts are only from 5 minutes ago. Sorry if I seemed pushy-
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 16 2011, 07:03 PM) *
"Browse" Matrix Program is now sending an error. Did not happen before.
[ Spoiler ]
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Oct 16 2011, 12:09 AM) *
Greetings again! I am loving the newest updates, but a few hiccups remain.

1) Chummer allows users to specify the matrix action affected by the Codeslinger (SR4A 90) positive quality, but will not allow us to specify the matrix action affected by the Codeblock (SR4A 94) negative quality.

2) Given the dramatic hike in skillsoft prices in SR4A, will you be adjusting the skillsoft cluster prices (UN 128) accordingly (in the near future) or wait for specific errata to be released? The adjusted cluster prices would nearly triple, but the discount process described on UN 128 is fairly straight forward.
Adjusted Price List: DocWagon Paramedic - 44,800¥, Knight Errant Self-Defense - 48,000¥, Manadyne Archmage - 28,800¥, Mitsuhama Home Mechanic - 44,800¥, Whiskey Noir - 46,400¥

Fortunately, if you have no plans to confuse folks with errata that doesn't exist quite yet, you have made the absolutely invaluable custom_filename option available so that I can add and edit the clusters appropriately.

I've updated the Qualities file so that Codeblock asks for text like Codeslinger does. I don't want to change any of the item prices unless they've been published in a revision book (like the Compiled Tables book from Runner's Toolkit) or an errata, so I'll leave the Skillsoft Clusters as they are for now, thought I'd love to finally see an errata for Unwired. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 17 2011, 09:11 AM) *
Ok for the sheet, thanks for the answer.

Have you been able to check this? -edit- Oops, just saw that your posts are only from 5 minutes ago. Sorry if I seemed pushy-

I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Adding the Browse program either on its own or as a plugin for a Commlink seems to work fine for me. The only reason I can think of for this coming up is if you grabbed the updated gear.xml file without updating the application - the gear.xml file will be trying to use Rating * 0.5 and the application has no idea that it should be rounding the value.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 17 2011, 02:27 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Adding the Browse program either on its own or as a plugin for a Commlink seems to work fine for me. The only reason I can think of for this coming up is if you grabbed the updated gear.xml file without updating the application - the gear.xml file will be trying to use Rating * 0.5 and the application has no idea that it should be rounding the value.

I only updated through the normal update process.
Oh, wait. It might be linked to the FR file Jazz sent me. I'll switch to EN and try again.

-edit: No go.-
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 17 2011, 09:37 AM) *
I only updated through the normal update process.
Oh, wait. It might be linked to the FR file Jazz sent me. I'll switch to EN and try again.

-edit: No go.-

Ah, I understand the problem now. It's once again due to how numbers with a decimal place are formatted in different regions! I was trying to be smart and only do the rounding if the value contained ".", forgetting that's not always the character used. I'll put out an update this evening to fix this.
deurk
As usual, big thanks for the fast fix. wink.gif
Irian
When selecting the complex form "sniffer", to add it to my technomancer, the program gives a null pointer. The reason seems to be this line in the date file: <skill>Electronic Warfare/Hacking</skill> ...because when I change it to <skill>Electronic Warfare</skill>, it works.

And since when does it cost karma to join a TM network? The rules in Unwired specifically say otherwise.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Oct 17 2011, 12:44 PM) *
When selecting the complex form "sniffer", to add it to my technomancer, the program gives a null pointer. The reason seems to be this line in the date file: <skill>Electronic Warfare/Hacking</skill> ...because when I change it to <skill>Electronic Warfare</skill>, it works.

And since when does it cost karma to join a TM network? The rules in Unwired specifically say otherwise.

I've updated the programs.xml file to correct the Skills issue. This happened with Attack as well.

I'll make the change to the Networks - for some reason I thought they cost Karma in the same was a Magicians joining Groups. Should be part of this evening's update.
Irian
Cool, thanks. I really love that program.
Nebular
Build 225
  • fixed an issue where the plugins for Pre-Packaged Nexi were not given an Availability which would cause an error to be thrown when selected
  • added missing Evo Mobile Terminus Nexus to the Roving Hub Drone
  • Nexi now have access to the Commlink Modules Category as plugins
  • custom Nexi now have their context menus when added
  • fixed an issue where calculating Gear Capacity in regions that use something other than "." to separate decimal places would cause an error to be thrown
  • cost adding Gear to Armor now correctly includes the selected markup
  • added support for Markup to Select Armor, Select Armor Mod, Select Weapon, Select Vehicle Mod, Select Weapon Mod, and Select Weapon Accessory windows in Career Mode
  • added support for Markup to Select Vehicle window in Career Mode which applies the markup percentage AFTER any Used Vehicle discounts since they affect the Vehicle's base price
  • Technomancer Networks no longer cost Karma to join
Jazz
In critterpowers.xml
* lots of source problems. I don't own Running Wild yet so I can tell, but a lot of powers are missing. For exemple, you can only see Regeneration in RW 215, but it should be also in SR4A 296.
I assume it's by design, to have the last version of the power, but if the player don't check the RW book, I also assume they can't find it in the menu even if they have SR4A ?
* Written "Bidning" instead of "Binding", SR4A 293 => Out of curiosity, does that mean you type all entries manually ? smile.gif

I will wait for Running Wild in french for that book. The current translation is 25% of what are in the core books due to remark #1.

(edit - yummy, new update)
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 17 2011, 05:01 PM) *
In critterpowers.xml
* lots of source problems. I don't own Running Wild yet so I can tell, but a lot of powers are missing. For exemple, you can only see Regeneration in RW 215, but it should be also in SR4A 296.
I assume it's by design, to have the last version of the power, but if the player don't check the RW book, I also assume they can't find it in the menu even if they have SR4A ?
* Written "Bidning" instead of "Binding", SR4A 293 => Out of curiosity, does that mean you type all entries manually ? smile.gif

I will wait for Running Wild in french for that book. The current translation is 25% of what are in the core books due to remark #1.

(edit - yummy, new update)

I've updated the critterpowers.xml file to correct the spelling mistake. Yeah, everything is written by hand which was a massive amount of work. There were bound to be a few typos. smile.gif

All of the Critter Powers I could find are in there - what a Critter or Character can see, however, depends on their Metatype - both the Metatype itself and its Category. Things like Spirits only ever have access to certain Powers, regardless of their Metatype.

Like everything else, the most recent sourcebook is used to book/page references since their descriptions, costs, etc. have been revised in those books.
Jazz
I was translating gear categories and thinking : "I understand why he made it that way, but I don't understand why he didn't regroup them in some kind of meta-categories...". And also "woops, I just understand the spirit why he made it like that just now : I have to redo all categories I made. frown.gif"

You used tables' titles, rigth ? So the player that have the book just have to find the name of the table and browse to his item...

Maybe this was made before the "search" box.

imho, a lot of gear could be in the same category and if the player need a certain piece of gear he'll search for its name in the search box. I think too much categories kills the browsing.

For exemple, you can regroup the survival gear then you can have a second level where you have these categories you made : that way, the browsing covers the "needs" - the player need to survive to something so he search for survival gear then choose desert gear for exemple and the search box, the needs from book item names.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 17 2011, 06:16 PM) *
I was translating gear categories and thinking : "I understand why he made it that way, but I don't understand why he didn't regroup them in some kind of meta-categories...". And also "woops, I just understand the spirit why he made it like that just now : I have to redo all categories I made. frown.gif"

You used tables' titles, rigth ? So the player that have the book just have to find the name of the table and browse to his item...

imho, maybe this was made before the "search" box. A lot of gear could be in the same category and if the player need a certain piece of gear he'll search for its name in the search box. I think too much categories kills the browsing.

Yeah, this stuff was all entered and put into the categories listed in the book tables long before the ability to search was ever added. biggrin.gif Part of the problem with using the table names is that they're inconsistent between the books, so Breaking and Entering Gear in the SR4A book is called something else in Spy Games for example.
Jazz
Maybe you should consider regrouping them, so. For data xml, simple control+H will do. Now, I don't know how much "only calculate that if this is this category" you made.

I'll go sleeping. It's a shame I have no time to finish a first fr-data for tonigth. probably for tomorow then.
ggodo
Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but is there an option to not print untrained skills? I remember seeing one at some point. Anyway, I'm working on contact blocks and don't think the Barista is going to need athletics and am trying to save some paper. If someone could point me at it that would be awesome.
Shortstraw
Tools > Options > General > on the right there is a box "print all active skills with total score higher than 0"
crazymykl
Not that it's a supported platform or anything, but chummer hangs on creating or loading a character with mono from git master (what will be 2.12).

CODE
mikemac@bobopedic ~/rpgs/Chummer $ mono Chummer.exe
Could not set X locale modifiers
KDE colorscheme read failure, using built-in colorscheme
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: sourceToolStrip
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip targetToolStrip, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip sourceToolStrip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip targetToolStrip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_Activated (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivatedInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Form:OnActivatedInternal ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.MdiWindowManager.RaiseActivated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Show () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:Show ()
  at Chummer.frmMain.LoadCharacter (System.String strFileName, Boolean blnIncludeInMRU, System.String strNewName, Boolean blnClearFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Chummer.frmMain.OpenFile (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.HandleClick (Int32 mouse_clicks, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: sourceToolStrip
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip targetToolStrip, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip sourceToolStrip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip targetToolStrip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripManager.RevertMerge (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_FormClosing (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing (System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.FireClosingEvents (CloseReason reason, Boolean cancel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Form:FireClosingEvents (System.Windows.Forms.CloseReason,bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 18 2011, 12:55 AM) *
Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but is there an option to not print untrained skills? I remember seeing one at some point. Anyway, I'm working on contact blocks and don't think the Barista is going to need athletics and am trying to save some paper. If someone could point me at it that would be awesome.

There are no options for printing, however, the printing is controlled from templates in the "sheets" subfolder of chummer. You can easily make a copy of the template file and alter it for your own needs or tastes with a simple text editor, like notepad.

Edit: ok, I stand corrected, shortstraw is right. that must make it not put the entries into the XML at all.

If you look at the "Shadowrun 4.xsl" file in the sheets folder, you will see line 8 looks like this:
CODE
      <xsl:for-each select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 or total &gt; 0)]">

You don't want the skill to show depending on the skill "total", you want it to show only based on the "rating", since that means you have actually put points into it. You could change that line to this:
CODE
      <xsl:for-each select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and rating &gt; 0]">

That will remove any skills that were shown because they had a total of greater than 0, but didn't also have a rating of greater than 0. That fixes it for you for the left column, so you need to also make the same change to the middle column on line 41.

You could do something similar with the "Shadowrun 4 (Grouped Skills by Name).xsl" or the "Shadowrun 4 (Grouped Skills by Rating).xsl" also.

personally, I like that it shows the total > 0 skills, because that lets you easily see what skills you can default in as well. That's why I use the "Shadowrun 4 (Grouped Skills by Rating)" sheet, so that sorts the skills I have points in first, and puts the defaulting skills at the bottom.
deurk
Nebular,

There seems to be another trouble with matrix programs now. It does not crash as before since you changed the cost decimal character to include others than US one, but if I create a char, add a commlink with an OS, add analyze (3) and browse (3), I cannot add anything because browse (3) takes 15 capacity! eek.gif Commlink switched to available capacity -15 and refuses any further plugin.

Thanks.
Nebular
QUOTE (crazymykl @ Oct 18 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Not that it's a supported platform or anything, but chummer hangs on creating or loading a character with mono from git master (what will be 2.12).

... stuff!...

This looks like the same error that the 2.10.X code was throwing - it's basically saying it has no idea how to merge toolbar elements, though it could also be caused by some of the changes I had to make for translation support. I haven't tried it for quite some time, though when I did, it was using the GTK# for .NET 2.12.10 files from monodevelop.com. Isn't the HEAD revision of git master still the 2.10.X build though? I thought 2.12.X was a seperate branch that you had to manually switch to? I might get a chance to take a look at this again this weekend, maybe try grabbing whatever is in git master, but my Unix/Linux days are long behind me so it might not go so well. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 18 2011, 01:28 AM) *
Nebular,

There seems to be another trouble with matrix programs now. It does not crash as before since you changed the cost decimal character to include others than US one, but if I create a char, add a commlink with an OS, add analyze (3) and browse (3), I cannot add anything because browse (3) takes 15 capacity! eek.gif Commlink switched to available capacity -15 and refuses any further plugin.

Thanks.

Ugh. Apparently Gear plugins were assumed to consume their Capacity from a parent even if they didn't use the square brackets to indicate that they should. I'll have this corrected in the next version so that Gear consumes 0 Capacity as a plugin unless it actually cotains [value].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012