Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (enkidu @ Aug 6 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Just two small things I've noticed under "Audio Sensors and Enhancements"

Both the microphone and micro-microphone have an availability of 6 when they should both be zero.

Also the add-ons for the micro-microphone gives you Vision Enhancements instead of audio.

Cheers for this by the way. It's great to have everything in one spot.

Whoops. These will be fixed in today's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Aug 5 2011, 11:53 AM) *
-it is not possible to select the underlying type of spirit(i wanted to create a ghost of man-ally for example)
-the spirit got the power "sapience" twice
-it starts with all abilites at 1, maximum 4(a force5-Spirit should have most attributes at 5, or higher, depending on the type of spirit choosen)

The underlying spirit type would need to be entered in one of the character's Notes fields. There are just too many possibilities (that really have no impact on it) to provide a list. The extra copy of Sapience and the extra Powers that it shouldn't have will be removed. They'll also be correctly limited by their defined Attribute values (1 - 12) instead of being limited by their Force like a Spirit.
McDougle
Iīm sorry to sound stupid on this, but i donīt understand how this is supposed to work.

How can I edit the attributes for the spirittypes special modifiers for example(Body=F+3 ec.)?
Nebular
I'm not sure what you're asking... Are you looking to create a custom Spirit for an XML file? If you're referring to setting Attributes for an Ally Spirit, they'll need to be manually set once you create them. All of their Attributes will start at 1 and go to a maximum of 12.
McDougle
No... I mean the attributes, which are affected by the type of a spirit.

A spirit of fire has Agility=Force+2 for example, which also alters the maximum ec..
Nebular
These are set you create the Spirit. So if you create a Spirit of Fire, the Metatype window also give you a field to select the Force of the Spirit. When you click OK, it calculates it Minimum, Maximum, and starting values for all of the Attributes. In the XML file, it's expressed as <agimin>F+3</agimin>.
Nebular
Argh. Well, Mono put out a new build, but unfortunately it's a revision to the 2.10.X branch instead of actually releasing the 2.12.X branch which Chummer needs. They say it should be ready for release, but I have no idea why they're not actually releasing it. frown.gif
Nebular
Build 171
  • settings are now saved to an XML file which can be used to keep application configurations identical across multiple computers (see below)
  • added preferred build method (BP/Karma), Build Points, and maximum Availability to the Options window
  • Choose BP Amount window now reads preferred build method, Build Points, and maximum Availability from Options and uses those as the default values in the window
  • Reload button is now properly disabled when no Weapon is selected
  • corrected Karma costs for improving Martial Arts in Career Mode
  • SR4 character sheet now shows the Rating and selected values for Vehicle Gear
  • Select Skill window now includes any appropriate Exotic Active Skills the character has already selected
  • Armor now supports the <addoncategory /> tag to include Gear that is normally only available as plugins
  • Ally Spirit Critter now properly uses the Attribute values from the data file instead of being limited by its Force like a traditional Spirit
Settings Files

Chances are, most people are just going to stick with the default one and modify it as needed. For those who take part in multiple games where the sourcebooks allowed and optional rules used varies, you can create additional Settings files to keep all of this information separate. To create a new Setting, copy the default.xml file in the settings directory, rename the new copy to whatever you like, then modify it using the Options window. When you create a new character, Chummer asks you which Setting you would like to use (if more than 1 file exists). The name Settings file used is saved as part of the character file. You can change the Settings file a character uses by opening the save file in a text editor and changing the <settings /> tag to match the name of the desired file. These files can be given to players to make sure that everyone has the same set of options enabled.

Outstanding Items
  • Weapon Firing Modes
  • Cyberzombies
  • Omae Character Feedback
  • GM Character Management/Karma/Nuyen/Gear Distribution
  • Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
  • A.I. Inherent Programs
  • Cheat Sheets?
McDougle
-> I meant if i wanted to include those for an ally spirit.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Aug 6 2011, 01:58 PM) *
-> I meant if i wanted to include those for an ally spirit.

Then you need to set those manually when you're creating the Ally Spirit (their Attributes are much more flexible now). Like I said, the critter that's there is about as far as Ally Spirit support is likely going since they're so wide-open as far as creation goes.
McDougle
Alright. Verrrry appreciated. biggrin.gif
McDougle
BTW:

Do you still plan to somehow make gear/contacts ec. with attached notes noticable(darker Icon for contacts/ bold writing for gear ie)?
Sengir
Just used Chummer for the first time and ran into a couple of issues...apologies if some of this has already been covered.
- A Technomancer's Living Node has Response=Intuition; Intuition+1 in VR. VR initiative should be Intuitionx2 +1, but Chummer shows it as (VR Response)x2, or (Intuition +1)x2 +1.
- It would be nice to be able to delete a Karma/Ĩ entry after hitting save...I added a character with a long campaign log and had the manually undo stuff in the XML a couple of times
- When rightclicking on a drone or weapon mount, the menu entries "Add Gear" and "Add Weapon" can't just be pointed on to open a submenu, they also serve to open a different window when clicked on. That is REALLY unintuitive, better have everything that can be clicked on in the submenu
- Wouldn't it make more sense to have the "Add Gear" thing only show up when rightclicking on a drone, and "Add Weapon" when rightclicking on a Weapon Mount?
longbowrocks
Optimization is currently only available for commlinks, but in Unwired it works for devices, i.e. nodes. I don't know if you made that change intentionally or not, but there are my two cents just in case it was an accident.
McDougle
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 7 2011, 02:48 AM) *
- When rightclicking on a drone or weapon mount, the menu entries "Add Gear" and "Add Weapon" can't just be pointed on to open a submenu, they also serve to open a different window when clicked on. That is REALLY unintuitive, better have everything that can be clicked on in the submenu

I donīt understand why that should be uninuitive.
Some people use chummer with laptops, in which case such submenus you mention are a pain in the bum.
Popuö-Menus are not "state of the art", but they are functional and at least in my opinion serve their purpose. cyber.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (McDougle @ Aug 7 2011, 09:08 AM) *
I donīt understand why that should be uninuitive.

Because the generally accepted convention (and hence what users expect) is that for example in this menu, the entry "Script-Fu" only serves to open the submenu. If something else happens when clicking (as opposed to pointing) on "Script-Fu", users will most likely only find it by accident.

As an example, see the new shadowrun4.com design. The entry "Game Resources" does not just open a submenu with links, but also is a link itself. And promptly, people where asking because they couldn't find the errata downloads anymore wink.gif
enkidu
Having an issue when I try to save a character once I've ticked the 'Mark as Created' box. The game gives me an error message and informs me it'd like to shut down. It says an input string is incorrect. I've put in the qualities, with uncommon flashbacks the only thing I typed something for and the PACKS gear of B&E and basic covert. Any ideas what's going on ?

The full message is:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsbSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.171
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.171
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Eoin/Desktop/Shadowrun/Chummer/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.232 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Aku
I'm obviously not nebular, but based on the exception test, it looks like you may have entered a non-interger number...somewhere... I can't tell, from the error message what is passing the value though.
Nebular
QUOTE (enkidu @ Aug 7 2011, 11:13 AM) *
Having an issue when I try to save a character once I've ticked the 'Mark as Created' box. The game gives me an error message and informs me it'd like to shut down. It says an input string is incorrect. I've put in the qualities, with uncommon flashbacks the only thing I typed something for and the PACKS gear of B&E and basic covert. Any ideas what's going on ?

It looks like it's choking on an item's Availability. It tries to extract just the number from an Availability like 6R or +4R, but it looks like there's an extra character in there that it isn't expecting (besides "+", "R", or "F"), so it bombs when it tries to convert the non-numeric value to a number. Could you send me your save file (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll get it fixed up ASAP.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 6 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Just used Chummer for the first time and ran into a couple of issues...apologies if some of this has already been covered.
- A Technomancer's Living Node has Response=Intuition; Intuition+1 in VR. VR initiative should be Intuitionx2 +1, but Chummer shows it as (VR Response)x2, or (Intuition +1)x2 +1.
- It would be nice to be able to delete a Karma/Ĩ entry after hitting save...I added a character with a long campaign log and had the manually undo stuff in the XML a couple of times
- Wouldn't it make more sense to have the "Add Gear" thing only show up when rightclicking on a drone, and "Add Weapon" when rightclicking on a Weapon Mount?

I'll look at adding the Undo information to the save file. I originally didn't add them to the save because I had thought the undo information was going to be considerably larger and cause a lot of bloat, but it ended up being pretty small.

The context menus are something I would like to clean up at some point. They started out with only one or two items that applied to everything in the lists, but they ended up growing over time. I need to either add more individual context menus, or just filter out the results based on the item being clicked. This is pretty low on my list right now though as it's a lot of work for little-to-no actual impact on the application.

Living Persona is calculating correctly from what I can see based on SR4A 239. Response (INT) is limited by RES, so INT 6 and RES 4 means that your Response is going to be 4 instead of 6 (which shows as Response 4(5) on the printout since it's +1 in VR). With the same character, your Matrix Init would be 13 (INT x 2)+1 which is what I'm seeing when I create a Technomancer here.
enkidu
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 7 2011, 06:34 PM) *
It looks like it's choking on an item's Availability. It tries to extract just the number from an Availability like 6R or +4R, but it looks like there's an extra character in there that it isn't expecting (besides "+", "R", or "F"), so it bombs when it tries to convert the non-numeric value to a number. Could you send me your save file (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll get it fixed up ASAP.

I've sent you along the save file but my quick experimentation shows it seems to be the White Noise Generator that's the issue.
Nebular
QUOTE (enkidu @ Aug 7 2011, 01:44 PM) *
I've sent you along the save file but my quick experimentation shows it seems to be the White Noise Generator that's the issue.

Found the problem. Gear was assuming that something that contained "+" was a plugin rather than starting. The parent is responsible for handling all child item Availability modifiers, but since there was no parent to take care of it, it never got interpreted properly and cause things to choke. Update is availble!

Build 172
  • Expense Entry Undo information is now part of the save files
  • correct a logic error in Gear Availability calculations that was checking to see if it contained "+" instead of starting with "+"
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 7 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I'll look at adding the Undo information to the save file. I originally didn't add them to the save because I had thought the undo information was going to be considerably larger and cause a lot of bloat, but it ended up being pretty small.

As far as I understood the file structure, all it takes is removing the appropriate <expense> node under <expenses>, and then adjust <karma> or <nuyen> accordingly. At least that's what I do manually, and so far it didn't break the file wink.gif

PS: I think I get your point, when the Karma/Nuyen have been spent on something that needs to be undone, too.

I need to either add more individual context menus, or just filter out the results based on the item being clicked.

Not sure if I got my point across correctly, so I used my 1337 Paint skills a bit:
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9589/chummermenu.png

Living Persona is calculating correctly from what I can see based on SR4A 239. Response (INT) is limited by RES, so INT 6 and RES 4 means that your Response is going to be 4 instead of 6 (which shows as Response 4(5) on the printout since it's +1 in VR). With the same character, your Matrix Init would be 13 (INT x 2)+1 which is what I'm seeing when I create a Technomancer here.

Hmmm, can't reproduce the problem either...probably just mixed up INT and RES when transferring from paper, sorry for the false alarm.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 7 2011, 01:59 PM) *
Not sure if I got my point across correctly, so I used my 1337 Paint skills a bit:
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9589/chummermenu.png

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, I was never happy with having that the way it was. It started out as just Weapons, then the ability to add Accessories and Mods for Vehicle Weapons came later and it just sort of went that way. That's an easy enough change and will likely be in the next update then. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 7 2011, 01:59 PM) *
Hmmm, can't reproduce the problem either...probably just mixed up INT and RES when transferring from paper, sorry for the false alarm.

No worries. There have been a few weird mistakes in simple things, and Technomancers are about the only thing I haven't really played with, so I wanted to make sure that what I was seeing and understanding from reading was in fact correct.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Aug 7 2011, 12:51 AM) *
Optimization is currently only available for commlinks, but in Unwired it works for devices, i.e. nodes. I don't know if you made that change intentionally or not, but there are my two cents just in case it was an accident.

Sorry to bug you again. Previously Chummer allowed optimization for all devices. I just want to see if that feature is coming back.
Nebular
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Aug 7 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Sorry to bug you again. Previously Chummer allowed optimization for all devices. I just want to see if that feature is coming back.

Optimization has only ever been available for Commlinks (UN 198) and as a Program Option (UN 115). What optimizations are you referring to?
Crazy Ivan
Hey Nebular, hate to ask and be a pest, but any progress on the cyberzombie layout?
Nebular
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Aug 7 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Hey Nebular, hate to ask and be a pest, but any progress on the cyberzombie layout?

Not yet. nyahnyah.gif
Bobby
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 7 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Ah, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, I was never happy with having that the way it was. It started out as just Weapons, then the ability to add Accessories and Mods for Vehicle Weapons came later and it just sort of went that way. That's an easy enough change and will likely be in the next update then. biggrin.gif

Will you be fixing all menus and sub-menus this way? I've been confused by this myself in the past and had to put a 'how do I do 'x' post earlier in the thread for drones and autosofts for exactly the same reason.

longbowrocks
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 7 2011, 02:35 PM) *
Optimization has only ever been available for Commlinks (UN 198) and as a Program Option (UN 115). What optimizations are you referring to?

Ah, I was just being finicky because all the mods in Unwired that seem to make sense for devices other than commlinks, use the term "device" rather than "commlink" in their descriptions.

Anyway, a more realistic problem is that taser darts can be bought for sniper rifles atm.

Also, it seems improved ability isn't being limited. I can currently buy it up to six for a skill I have zero points in.
Aku
How about a new houserule option of "Encumbrance factor is Str +bod" instead ofg the RAW bodx2?
ggodo
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Aug 8 2011, 07:44 AM) *
Ah, I was just being finicky because all the mods in Unwired that seem to make sense for devices other than commlinks, use the term "device" rather than "commlink" in their descriptions.

Anyway, a more realistic problem is that taser darts can be bought for sniper rifles atm.

Also, it seems improved ability isn't being limited. I can currently buy it up to six for a skill I have zero points in.

Yeah, but if you look it gives you no benefit past half your skill. You've got six ranks of improved, and none in the skill, you get no bonus from improved in the Dice Pool area.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 8 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Yeah, but if you look it gives you no benefit past half your skill. You've got six ranks of improved, and none in the skill, you get no bonus from improved in the Dice Pool area.

Alright, I just checked and that works fine. It should still be restricted to rank three though so people don't waste magic.
TP13
Some more stuff

AR 146 Reinforced size turrets with normal turret flexibility should be deleted from vehicle mods. Likewise normal size turrets with heavy turret flexibility should be deleted.

SR4A 349 Two normal weapon mounts should be added to the Morgan Cutlass

SR4A 349 The vehicle trait Sail Power should be added to the Marine Tech Sea Nymph

War 126 Edgecrusher Experimental Combat Bike should be added to vehicles.

War 157 Cluster minigrenades should be deleted

War 157 Gecko modified grenades should be added

War 172-173 All the naval vessels in War should be added to vehicles.

War 176 The various Heavy Mortar and Howitzer rounds should be added as vehicle munitions as they have different stats than the regular mortar rounds and are vehicle only.

The Esprit RMM 6, Fleche Armamants FA XM-407 and the Fleche Hail Barrage Rocket Launcher are vehicle weapons but they take standard/man portable ammunition for their type (missiles, minigrenades and rockets respectively). Right now I cannot figure out a way to plug in any type of ammunition.

AR/War/DW/US/MST. Vehicle missiles and cruise missiles should attach directly to weapon mounts. All of the named (with one exception) vehicle missiles and cruise missiles are both ammunition and weapon systems at the same time. They do not plug into other missile launchers, they are themselves one shot missile launchers. In the case of vehicle missiles the ammunition should be attachable directly to weapon mounts. In the case of cruise missiles the Vertical Launch System (standard and automated) vehicle modifications should be treated as a weapon mount and the cruise missiles should attach to them..
Socinus
Running into a bit of a technical issue and not entirely sure how to remedy it.

When attempting to open the program, I get the error code

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework.
v.4.0.30319"

I've installed the .NET Framework linked to in the OP and that didnt seem to remedy the problem.
Nebular
QUOTE (Socinus @ Aug 10 2011, 02:17 AM) *
Running into a bit of a technical issue and not entirely sure how to remedy it.

When attempting to open the program, I get the error code

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework.
v.4.0.30319"

I've installed the .NET Framework linked to in the OP and that didnt seem to remedy the problem.

That's weird. The download should be for the latest version of .NET 4. You could always try using the web installer version, or better yet, run Windows Update which should automatically find all of the available updates for .NET 4.
KarmaInferno
1) How difficult would it be to add a nuyen modifier box to gear?

Like, if I wanted to add a piece of gear at 120% markup or at a set lower price instead of the standard price.

I was trying to add a piece of gear at a 50% markup to reflect sapient critter sizing but I don't see a way to do that.

2) Also, is there a reason the Ballistic Mask is an armor mod instead of in the Helmets category? As an armor mod it can't take modifications, even though War states it can have helmet or vision mods.

3) I notice modifying the sensors on vehicles does not adjust the vehicle's Sensor Rating. Is just not implemented yet?

4) The various ammo capacity modifications to weapons do not appear to actually be modifying the ammo capacity.

Thanks!

-k
McDougle
AntidotePatch has no < /selectname>
Nebular
QUOTE (TP13 @ Aug 9 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Some more stuff

AR 146 Reinforced size turrets with normal turret flexibility should be deleted from vehicle mods. Likewise normal size turrets with heavy turret flexibility should be deleted.

War 157 Cluster minigrenades should be deleted

I'm not seeing anything that says you cannot have a Reinforced Flexible or Heavy Flexible turrets. Am I overlooking something? Same thing with Cluster minigrenades. Minigrenades are supposedly available with the same modifications as standard grenades, so they should also be available as Cluster from what I can see.
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 10 2011, 09:22 AM) *
1) How difficult would it be to add a nuyen modifier box to gear?

Like, if I wanted to add a piece of gear at 120% markup or at a set lower price instead of the standard price.

I was trying to add a piece of gear at a 50% markup to reflect sapient critter sizing but I don't see a way to do that.

2) Also, is there a reason the Ballistic Mask is an armor mod instead of in the Helmets category? As an armor mod it can't take modifications, even though War states it can have helmet or vision mods.

3) I notice modifying the sensors on vehicles does not adjust the vehicle's Sensor Rating. Is just not implemented yet?

4) The various ammo capacity modifications to weapons do not appear to actually be modifying the ammo capacity.

Thanks!

-k

1) I'll take a look at adding this.
2) Bah. This is an artifact from what all of the Helmets were Armor Mods instead of actual pieces of Armor, and I forgot the Ballistic Mask was actually a Helmet. I'll hopefully be updating some of the data files and making them available tomorrow, and this will be corrected.
3) Also added to the list o' stuff.
4) Uh, they should be working. What Weapon/Mod combination are you using?
McDougle
Camouflage Armor should have a < /selecttext>, too.
Humbug Hermit
Having attempted to build a number of NPCs from scratch I've found this software to be incredibly helpful. Thanks a lot for the hard work Nebular. A couple of things I noticed though. These might have already been addressed but not implemented yet but I didn't see anything while reading through the thread.

I'm running a game currently using Karma-gen and I noticed that although the Karma-gen option exists in Chummer and allows you to set the cost values it doesn't track the metatype cost as per the errata (in the karmagen option all metatypes and other "race" options don't cost anything in and of themselves regardless of their BP cost).

Also with an aptitude skill, the cost for raising the skill above 6 should be doubled (it should cost 28 karma to raise it from 6 to 7 but Chummer only tracks it as costing 14).
TP13
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 11 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I'm not seeing anything that says you cannot have a Reinforced Flexible or Heavy Flexible turrets. Am I overlooking something? Same thing with Cluster minigrenades. Minigrenades are supposedly available with the same modifications as standard grenades, so they should also be available as Cluster from what I can see.

I may not have communicated effectivly on the turrets. Reinforced Size indicates a main gun (vehicle only weapon). normal turret flexibility cannot have a main gun. Reinforced size can have the follwing flexibilityies (None, Flexible, Heavy Turret). You could theoretically have a numal size gun (LMG or smaller) on a heavy flexibility turret, but you would be paying more in size and nuyen for less overall flexibility (Heavy turrets have a smaller firing arc than normal turrets). I consider this a very minor issue as the program currently allows you to make everything. I just thought it would be nice to get rid of clutter.

Cluster minigrenades are specifically disallowed in their text description. Fluff wise Cluster grenades are giant grenades made up of a bunch of small grenades.
Nebular
QUOTE (Humbug Hermit @ Aug 11 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Having attempted to build a number of NPCs from scratch I've found this software to be incredibly helpful. Thanks a lot for the hard work Nebular. A couple of things I noticed though. These might have already been addressed but not implemented yet but I didn't see anything while reading through the thread.

I'm running a game currently using Karma-gen and I noticed that although the Karma-gen option exists in Chummer and allows you to set the cost values it doesn't track the metatype cost as per the errata (in the karmagen option all metatypes and other "race" options don't cost anything in and of themselves regardless of their BP cost).

Also with an aptitude skill, the cost for raising the skill above 6 should be doubled (it should cost 28 karma to raise it from 6 to 7 but Chummer only tracks it as costing 14).

I'll have the Aptitude thing fixed for the next update. This was already working properly in Career Mode, I apparently never applied the logic to Create Mode. nyahnyah.gif

From what I can see, Karma and Metatype are working correctly. If I take an Ork (normally 20 BP) and build a character with 200 Karma, I should be able to buy up to 140 Karma worth of Attributes (1/2 starting Karma + (Metatype BP * 2)). The Metatype's BP is never deducted from the character's Karma total. I cannot find any errata for Runner's Companion or anything in the FAQ that says it should work any differently. Am I missing something?
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 11 2011, 06:26 PM) *

Okay, I double checked, it's working on weapons normally, but not on weapons mounted in vehicles.

I was experimenting with adding the "Underbarrel Weapon" mod from Arsenal into the data file, but I could not figure out how to force it to specify a weapon to use as the underbarrel weapon. So I created a separate "Underbarrel Conversion" mod that simply halves the ammo capacity of whatever it is applied to, with the intention of just sticking both weapon and underbarrel weapon in the same turret to indicate they were connected.

But when I applied the Conversion mod to a turret-mounted weapon, the ammo count remained unchanged. I double checked by adding in the Extended Clip mod instead, still no change to the ammo count for the vehicle-mounted weapon. Going back and modifying a non-mounted weapon (in the Gear tab instead of the Vehicle tab) works normally.

- Also, is there any way to modify "stock" mechanical arms on vehicles? I select, say, a Ford LEBD that comes with a mechanical arm, but the arm is greyed out and trying to add modifications to the arm results in either the modification being added to the vehicle instead, or an error message that I need to select a piece of gear first. If I delete the stock arm and add one in as a modification, that arm can have gear added to it, but obviously now it takes up mod slots. But even then it won't let me add cyberlimb accessories or enhancements.

- Hm. Actually, how difficult would it be for Chummer to lookup a "custom.xml" file along with the regular data files, so users can add their own stuff and be able to locate it easily, and without their stuff being overwritten by later official updates?

Thanks!

-k
Argent
Got a couple issues. Currently in career mode, build 169.

1. Light Military Grade Armor with mobilty 3 should not encumber a character with body of 3. Currently I have a -2 armor penalty. Effective body would be 3*3=9+3= 12 for encumberance calculations.

2. Adding contacts in career mode after the fourth starts increasing the space in between them after each new contact addition. Did not try in build mode.

3. Can you make it so that we can adjust the dates of starting cash and all gear purchases. Trying to enter my missions charcter from gencon and the dates are not matching up.

4. How do we delete cost of gear on the karma/nuyen tab? Deleting gear in the gear tabs after purchasing does not take it out of the expense log.

Thanks.
Nebular
QUOTE (Argent @ Aug 12 2011, 09:29 AM) *
Got a couple issues. Currently in career mode, build 169.

1. Light Military Grade Armor with mobilty 3 should not encumber a character with body of 3. Currently I have a -2 armor penalty. Effective body would be 3*3=9+3= 12 for encumberance calculations.

2. Adding contacts in career mode after the fourth starts increasing the space in between them after each new contact addition. Did not try in build mode.

3. Can you make it so that we can adjust the dates of starting cash and all gear purchases. Trying to enter my missions charcter from gencon and the dates are not matching up.

4. How do we delete cost of gear on the karma/nuyen tab? Deleting gear in the gear tabs after purchasing does not take it out of the expense log.

Thanks.

1) This should work correctly. You may need to remove the Armor Mod from the character, then re-add it. It was changed recently to actually include information on reducing the Armor Encumbrance.
2) This will be fixed in the next update.
3) I'll add this to my list.
4) Undo information is now saved with Exepenses as of the last update, however, it only applies to Expenses created after the update was applied. I'll look at adding support for just deleting items (which will not undo anything - just remove the entry from the log).
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Aug 12 2011, 09:26 AM) *

Okay, I double checked, it's working on weapons normally, but not on weapons mounted in vehicles.

I was experimenting with adding the "Underbarrel Weapon" mod from Arsenal into the data file, but I could not figure out how to force it to specify a weapon to use as the underbarrel weapon. So I created a separate "Underbarrel Conversion" mod that simply halves the ammo capacity of whatever it is applied to, with the intention of just sticking both weapon and underbarrel weapon in the same turret to indicate they were connected.

But when I applied the Conversion mod to a turret-mounted weapon, the ammo count remained unchanged. I double checked by adding in the Extended Clip mod instead, still no change to the ammo count for the vehicle-mounted weapon. Going back and modifying a non-mounted weapon (in the Gear tab instead of the Vehicle tab) works normally.

- Also, is there any way to modify "stock" mechanical arms on vehicles? I select, say, a Ford LEBD that comes with a mechanical arm, but the arm is greyed out and trying to add modifications to the arm results in either the modification being added to the vehicle instead, or an error message that I need to select a piece of gear first. If I delete the stock arm and add one in as a modification, that arm can have gear added to it, but obviously now it takes up mod slots. But even then it won't let me add cyberlimb accessories or enhancements.

- Hm. Actually, how difficult would it be for Chummer to lookup a "custom.xml" file along with the regular data files, so users can add their own stuff and be able to locate it easily, and without their stuff being overwritten by later official updates?

Thanks!

-k

The Underbarrel Weapon Mod should probably be removed since there's an Underbarrel Wepaon option when you right-click on a Weapon. This isn't currently available for Vehicles and is something I'll have to add. I've also found that you're currently not allowed to add Weapon Mods and Accessories to Underbarrel Weapons, even though you should be able to. Not sure if these will be in the next update, but they'll get done.

You can create custom data files as describe in the Chummer Wiki. The only catch is that content from the core data files supercedes anything in custom files with the same name, so if you want a variation on some core item, you'll need to give it a unique name in your custom data file.

The Mechanical Arm mod is a pain in the butt. The problem is that Vehicle Mods don't actually allow anything to be added to them except in this one case. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just Gear, but now a Vehicle Mod needs to be aware of Cyberware. This one is going to take some work if it ends up happening. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular

I did a little bit of looking into this and noticed a huge problem with trying to do this: The only Sensor that has any sort of Sensor Rating is the Extra-Large Vehicle Sensor (AR 138 says it's 6). However, Vehicles with an Extra-Large Vehicle Sensor (like the Celebrian Striker (AR 115) has a fixed Sensor Rating that does not match the 6 that Extra-Large Vehicle Sensors supposedly have. To make things even more complicated, all of the Vehicles/Drones have their own Sensor Rating and do not lend anything to trying to figure out what the Sensor Ratings should be (for example, select 5 random Vehicles with a Vehicle Sensor and you'll find that they have a range of Sensor Ratings). I don't think this will be happening.
LG117
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 12 2011, 12:18 PM) *
I did a little bit of looking into this and noticed a huge problem with trying to do this: The only Sensor that has any sort of Sensor Rating is the Extra-Large Vehicle Sensor (AR 138 says it's 6). However, Vehicles with an Extra-Large Vehicle Sensor (like the Celebrian Striker (AR 115) has a fixed Sensor Rating that does not match the 6 that Extra-Large Vehicle Sensors supposedly have. To make things even more complicated, all of the Vehicles/Drones have their own Sensor Rating and do not lend anything to trying to figure out what the Sensor Ratings should be (for example, select 5 random Vehicles with a Vehicle Sensor and you'll find that they have a range of Sensor Ratings). I don't think this will be happening.

Yes, vehicle sensors are an ugly area of Shadowrun. On the plus side, they do leave lots of room for customization. A single rating is fine for NPC gear, where you just need a quick roll, the more granular individual sensors are preferable for a PC.

For example, you my have a Camera Rating 6 and Ultrawideband Radar Rating 4. The camera, at Rating 6, would be what you use for Sensors most of the time. If you are trying to spot through smoke or walls, you then drop down to the Ultrawideband at Rating 4. You simply have to select the sensor that is most appropriate for the target being viewed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012