Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Skinlink is added to Armor by adding the Skinlink Gear to it.

Maybe I'm missing something then. I don't find it in the Add Gear on the armor.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 01:45 PM) *
I cannot find any reference to a standard holster - the SR4A book only mentions Concealable Holsters and Quick-Draw Holsters. It doesn't even have page references to the other sourcebooks for standard ones. Am I missing something?

It is listed in the black table on page 44 of Arsenal.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 1 2011, 07:49 PM) *
The Ergonomic program option has no rating, so it should be removed from the AI version.

It would be nice to be able to have locations in vehicles as well, as part of the vehicle.
Showing what's were in the vehicle, such as Trunk, Backseat, etc.

Whoops. The Ergonomic one will be fixed in the next update. I'll take a look at adding Locations to Vehicles.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 08:50 AM) *
Maybe I'm missing something then. I don't find it in the Add Gear on the armor.

It is listed in the black table on page 44 of Arsenal.

ARGH! Skinlink is in the General Category which Armor doesn't get access to (it's a hidden Category that only shows up for other Gear plugins). Changing all of the Group categories around to more closely match the Runner's Toolkit ones will help resolve this.

The Holster runs into the same problem as the Static Scene Laser thing then. Without stats I can't actually enter anything. I searched all of the books and can only find reference to the Concealable and Quick-Draw ones. The Compiled Tables booklet from the Toolkit doesn't even list it. nyahnyah.gif
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 01:54 PM) *
ARGH! Skinlink is in the General Category which Armor doesn't get access to (it's a hidden Category that only shows up for other Gear plugins). Changing all of the Group categories around to more closely match the Runner's Toolkit ones will help resolve this.

The Holster runs into the same problem as the Static Scene Laser thing then. Without stats I can't actually enter anything. I searched all of the books and can only find reference to the Concealable and Quick-Draw ones. The Compiled Tables booklet from the Toolkit doesn't even list it. nyahnyah.gif

Heh smile.gif

Let's forget the holster then.
deurk
How about the other things mentioned? nyahnyah.gif

Trying to work out a character sheet and need some help: how do I know what xsl:value-of are available to me?
Nebular
Vehicles data file has been updated to correct the Acceleration of the Emotitoy (Nonmobile), as silly as the sounds, so that adding them does not throw an error.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 1 2011, 06:25 PM) *
What would rock for all the little notes one can add to his character would be to have them as javascript popups on the HTML export of the character file. Is there any way you can pull this out?

At some point I want to add notes to the character sheet, but JavaScript popups are not the answer as they're not printable. The sheet is supposed to look the same on screen as it does on paper. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 1 2011, 07:24 PM) *
Is it me or does adding notes not trigger the save dialog when exiting?

It probably doesn't. I'll have to go back and clean that up.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 10:45 AM) *
Trying to work out a character sheet and need some help: how do I know what xsl:value-of are available to me?

In the print window click the Save as XML button. This will save the print XML to a file you can look through and figure out what values are available.
deurk
Thanks for the answers on the backlog nyahnyah.gif
It is possible to separate values for movement into walk/run/swim? Maybe same for carry/lift?
deurk
Thanks for the answers on the backlog nyahnyah.gif
It is possible to separate values for movement into walk/run/swim? Maybe same for carry/lift?
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Nov 1 2011, 12:41 PM) *
Other bugs
CODE
* Autoselected dwarf at character creation startup
* Carrier - Still possible to rigth click/remove in Karma & Nuyen tab and "Undo expense" without having selected a line
* Creation - Skill specialization = one space or many are considered as specializations. They shouldn't, and name should reset.
* Some items are still created via language .xml. For exemple Nexus (Personna limit comes from language file) and (still) maybe sides of cyberarms.
* [url=http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=34674&st=2075&p=1107252&#entry1107252]This bug[/url] (that time, tested in english version).
* You can't remove a quality via the suppr od delete key.
* Bioware Essence holes are still considered as bioware ess loss toward the "if cyberware ess loss > bioware ess loss then bioware ess loss is divided by 2".
* Cyberware Essence holes are still considered as cyberware ess loss toward the "if bioware ess loss > cyberware ess loss then cyberware ess loss is divided by 2".
* Critter source/page displays nowhere in Chummer, maybe a good place would be put under "metatype" in the common table.
* The "verify data file" button get mess with custom files.
* You should change all the Label_Range with their dicepool modifiers next to the name. In french, that's neat (I think)
  • It doesn't look like I can control the Undo menu from popping up if nothing is selected, but I can trap the error to make sure it doesn't actually cause a problem. Fixed in next update.
  • I'll look at the Skill Specialization one.
  • Persona Limit and the like should come from the language file as they're not purchasable items on their own - they're components that are created on the fly so those names need to come from that file. The Nexus is one physical device itself, the other pseudo-plugins for it are to make seeing its selected values easier.
  • There are a few other lists where the Delete key doesn't do anything either. Fixed in the next update.
  • Essence Hole fixed in the next update.
  • The Metatype/Critter source information is on my list already. Should be in the next update.
  • I'll look at the verify process. I think I'm looking for things that start with "custom_" which isn't the correct way. It was a quick and dirty method. nyahnyah.gif
  • The English Range labels will be updated for the next update. Having the modifiers right there makes things much easier.
deurk
Got a question about armor capacity. How is it calculated? (From which rules/books)
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 11:49 AM) *
Got a question about armor capacity. How is it calculated? (From which rules/books)

AR 44: Maximum Armor Modifications and Armor Suit Capacity. Most are calculated but there are 4 that have a specific number (Full Body Armor and its Helmet, Urban Explorer Jumpsuit and its Helmet).
McDougle
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Yes, they're something I'm going to look at to see if they're possible at some point.

Awesome! (my mage will start to experiment inside chummer *muhahaha*)
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 05:13 PM) *
AR 44: Maximum Armor Modifications and Armor Suit Capacity. Most are calculated but there are 4 that have a specific number (Full Body Armor and its Helmet, Urban Explorer Jumpsuit and its Helmet).

How is the capacity calculated using those rules for items like Lined Coat?
The item itself does not have any capacity in the book, and it seems you applied the Maximum Armor Modifications rule to the Capacity (6 or 1.5xBorI, whichever is higher).
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 02:45 PM) *
How is the capacity calculated using those rules for items like Lined Coat?
The item itself does not have any capacity in the book, and it seems you applied the Maximum Armor Modifications rule to the Capacity (6 or 1.5xBorI, whichever is higher).

Capacity for Armor that does not have an explicitly defined Capacity (like Full Body Armor which explicitly states a Capacity of cool.gif is calculated as the higher of Ballistics or Impact Rating x 1.5. You then take the higher of the calculated value or 6. Lined Coat has Ballistics 6 and Impact 4, so you use the Ballistics Rating of 6 x 1.5 to get 9. Since that is higher than 6, the Lined Coat's Capacity is 9.

Leather Jacket has a Ballistics of 2 and Impact of 2, so 2 x 1.5 = 3. Take the higher of the calculated value or 6. This would give the Leather Jacket a Capacity of 6.
ShadowWalker
As per the rules of "Armor Degradation" on page 44 of AR, a way of decreasing an amours B/I ratings would be good.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 07:59 PM) *
Capacity for Armor that does not have an explicitly defined Capacity (like Full Body Armor which explicitly states a Capacity of cool.gif is calculated as the higher of Ballistics or Impact Rating x 1.5. You then take the higher of the calculated value or 6. Lined Coat has Ballistics 6 and Impact 4, so you use the Ballistics Rating of 6 x 1.5 to get 9. Since that is higher than 6, the Lined Coat's Capacity is 9.

Leather Jacket has a Ballistics of 2 and Impact of 2, so 2 x 1.5 = 3. Take the higher of the calculated value or 6. This would give the Leather Jacket a Capacity of 6.

That's precisely the point I want to raise, I see nowhere a line that states such thing (as far as my eyes can see). What you mention seem to be from the Maximum Armor Modification paragraph:
Each piece of armor or clothing can only accept a total number of modification rating points equal to 6 or the highest number of its armor ratings (Ballistic or Impact) x 1.5 (round up), whichever is higher. Unrated armor modifications (for example, the gel pack modification) take up 1 point.

But we're talking here about Armor Capacity, and apart from armor suites, I do not see any armor item that has capacity.
Could you shed some light on this for me please, because I have come to the conclusion that a lined coat (or Leather Jacket) has no capacity which is something that bugs me... a lot!
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 09:09 PM) *
That's precisely the point I want to raise, I see nowhere a line that states such thing (as far as my eyes can see). What you mention seem to be from the Maximum Armor Modification paragraph:

But we're talking here about Armor Capacity, and apart from armor suites, I do not see any armor item that has capacity.
Could you shed some light on this for me please, because I have come to the conclusion that a lined coat (or Leather Jacket) has no capacity which is something that bugs me... a lot!
Both optional rules are distinct. An armor either gets rating points or armor capacity, if you want to bother with the extra bookkeeping. As you said armor capacity is for armour suits (Full Body armor, SWAT Armor, MilSpec Armor) only.
deurk
So that does mean that a Leather Jacket or Lined Coat cannot get ANY improvements (since they respectively have 6 and 9 modification rating points but no capacity) if you apply both rules?
ShadowWalker
from AR 44, "Maximum Armor Capacity"
Each piece of armor or clothing can only accept a total number
of modifi cation rating points equal to 6 or the highest number
of its armor ratings (Ballistic or Impact) x 1.5 (round up), whichever
is higher. Unrated armor modifi cations (for example, the gel
pack modifi cation) take up 1 point.
For example, a lined coat (6/4) can take up to 9 (highest rating
6 x 1.5) rating points of modifi cations. Th is means it could be
modifi ed with Fire Resistance 5, Insulation 3, and shock frills, but
no more (5 + 3 + 1 = 9).

This is basically everything except armoured suits.
Armoured suits are dealt on the same page under, "Armor Suit Capacity"
Under this rule, every armor suit type has a Capacity rating
(just like cyberlimbs) that indicates what accessories it can
take. Th ese Capacity ratings are noted in the appropriate armor
tables. Each modifi cation or add-on takes up Capacity (noted as
a number in brackets), also noted in the appropriate tables. Note
that these specifi cally represent gear that is built into the suit; additional
worn or carried items are accounted for as normal.
For the purposes of this rule, the full body armor described
on p. 316, SR4, has a Capacity of 8; its accompanying helmet has
a Capacity of 7. Th e Urban Explorer Jumpsuit has a Capacity of
6; its helmet has a capacity of 5.

So general armour and clothing use the first rule, and the armoured suits have specific values given instead of a calculation. For suits in previous books they specifically stated the values they are supposed to have.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 03:09 PM) *

Ah, I see what you're saying now. The way they present things on this page is a little muddy. I've lost track of how many times I've read that over now to see what the hell they're getting at. Capacity and "rating points" should actually be two separate things. The first few read throughs made it sound like they were the same and that the formula was just a way of calculating the Capacity of something that wasn't explicitly given one. Well damn, that's not a fun discovery.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Ah, I see what you're saying now. The way they present things on this page is a little muddy. I've lost track of how many times I've read that over now to see what the hell they're getting at. Capacity and "rating points" should actually be two separate things. The first few read throughs made it sound like they were the same and that the formula was just a way of calculating the Capacity of something that wasn't explicitly given one. Well damn, that's not a fun discovery.

so the first category is for armor modifications, which are listed on the Armor suit Capacity chart next to the text, and all the others are capacity related items?

Just as a side note, the rules starting on page 44 under the major heading of Armor rules are said to be optional. Should probably have them as checkbox rules under optional rules. Since the book itself could still be used but not these specific optional rules.
deurk
Well, trouble is that with or without those optional rules, there is nowhere a way to find out how much capacity a armor item from SR4A has (except for suits).
This is seriously fucked up... Hopefully, I just missed a line somewhere and a savior is on the way to the forums smile.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Emotitoys will stay where they are as they can be modified exactly like Drones whether they're mobile or not.

np, even if a static thing like that look more like a device to me than a vehicle. But still, static Emotitoy crashes :
[ Spoiler ]

-edit-
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Vehicles data file has been updated to correct the Acceleration of the Emotitoy (Nonmobile), as silly as the sounds, so that adding them does not throw an error.

woops sorry.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Skinlink

My point isn't to remove them, my point is to include other device upgrading gear aswell, like :
- any gear from the general category (autodestruct, environnemental resistance, hardening, internial trigger, personality software, photosensitive trigger, laser link (all of this is AR58, but strangely the laser isn't in that category)). You also put there the spoof chip and skinlink in that category.
- You could also have put Satellite links, Biometric readers from SR4A
- or wireless adaptators, directional antennas, microwave link (from UN)
- and a few other item from various other books I don't have yet smile.gif

If you strictly want the ability to link to cyberware in the cyberware.xml, you're the boss, boss, but I think these items should also make their way into cyberware.xml for the same reason you put skinlinks in that file.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 2 2011, 09:50 PM) *
Well, trouble is that with or without those optional rules, there is nowhere a way to find out how much capacity a armor item from SR4A has (except for suits).
This is seriously fucked up... Hopefully, I just missed a line somewhere and a savior is on the way to the forums smile.gif
Without those rules the capacity is infinite/GM approval.
deurk
I guess it is, and lazy as he is, he's going to apply the same rule than the Armor Modification nyahnyah.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 05:22 PM) *
  • Persona Limit and the like should come from the language file as they're not purchasable items on their own - they're components that are created on the fly so those names need to come from that file. The Nexus is one physical device itself, the other pseudo-plugins for it are to make seeing its selected values easier.

About this one, I was thinking it was a bug for how that interacts with omae. Stuff like mister english-speaking put a character in Omae and mister non-english-speaking reads it (in fact, the opposite would be a problem).

QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 2 2011, 05:22 PM) *
  • I'll look at the verify process. I think I'm looking for things that start with "custom_" which isn't the correct way. It was a quick and dirty method. nyahnyah.gif

On the other side, if you make custom gear translatable, it would be fine aswell nyahnyah.gif
deurk
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 2 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Without those rules the capacity is infinite/GM approval.

Which Chummer doesn't permit since it is calculating a wrong capacity value.
I wonder how that could be solved easily.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 3 2011, 09:31 AM) *
Which Chummer doesn't permit since it is calculating a wrong capacity value.
I wonder how that could be solved easily.
Hmm, I just added lots of stuff to a leather jacket. All that happened was that chummer gives the item a negative remaining capacity.
deurk
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 3 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Hmm, I just added lots of stuff to a leather jacket. All that happened was that chummer gives the item a negative remaining capacity.

Oh, doesn't prevent you from going to Created mode?
Dakka Dakka
Nope
deurk
Then Chummer might as well display capacity 0 for the non-suit armor type nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Regarding character sheets:
  • skillcategory is not translated
  • skillgroup is not translated
  • attribute is not translated

Could you fix those please?

And could I get individual movement speeds: walk, run, swim, fly as well please?
Crazy Ivan
Just a request-

Have the sensor rating of drones and vehicles increase when the rating would be increased (knowing my luck, it already does this, but I'm too much of a dolt to actually get the sensor rating to raise).
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Nov 3 2011, 02:45 PM) *
Just a request-

Have the sensor rating of drones and vehicles increase when the rating would be increased (knowing my luck, it already does this, but I'm too much of a dolt to actually get the sensor rating to raise).

It doesn't, as far as I can tell none of the base stats increase on vehicles or drones increase when a mod you add would increase the stats.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 3 2011, 04:04 PM) *
It doesn't, as far as I can tell none of the base stats increase on vehicles or drones increase when a mod you add would increase the stats.

Things that affect Armor, Accel, Speed, Body, and Handling do. What Mods affect a Vehicle's Sensor Rating?
Nebular
Edit: Way to double-post, me.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 3 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Things that affect Armor, Accel, Speed, Body, and Handling do. What Mods affect a Vehicle's Sensor Rating?

Pilot, Response, Firewall, Signal aren't. And I would think if you put in a Camera, Microphone and say Radar all at rating 5, the Vehicle's Sensor Rating would effectively be 5.
I would think it's Sensor Rating would be it's lowest rating sensor or it's average of all sensors.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 3 2011, 04:25 PM) *
Pilot, Response, Firewall, Signal aren't. And I would think if you put in a Camera, Microphone and say Radar all at rating 5, the Vehicle's Sensor Rating would effectively be 5.
I would think it's Sensor Rating would be it's lowest rating sensor or it's average of all sensors.

Turns out that Firewall, Response, and Signal are, they're just not shown anywhere on the Vehicle tab. I'll add these and the Pilot one for the next update.
Nebular
Update time! For anyone working on translations, only the Category names changed/added/removed in gear.xml; item names were not changed at all.

Build 241
  • Cyberware Weapons can now be reloaded using the appropriate Ammo type
  • Knowledge Skills list is now populated using the selected language if possible
  • Skill Specialization list is now populated using the selected language if possible
  • select text window now reads from the language file
  • attempting to add an Echo no longer throws an error when the window opens
  • Notes window can now be resized
  • editing Notes now marks a character as having changes
  • added Living Persona information to the Complex Forms tab
  • A.I.s no longer add a Rating to the Ergonomic Program Option since it doesn't actually have one
  • reorganised Gear Categories to more closely match those found in the Runner's Toolkit Compiled Tables booklet
  • removed most Gear Category restrictions from items since components can be purchased on their own and combined later and allow greater flexibility
  • selecting Undo Karma Expense or Undo Nuyen Expense without an item selected no longer throws an error
  • Essence Holes no longer count towards Bioware and Cyberware Essence totals and just affect the character overall
  • the Delete key now does the same thing as pressing the Delete button when a list item is selected (Qualities, Critter Powers, Metamagics/Echoes)
  • Metatypes and Metavariants now show their translated names in the Create and Career windows
  • Metatype and Metavariant source information is now shown below the Metatype label in the Create and Career window
  • Maximum Armor Modification and Armor Suit Capacity (both found on AR 44) are now Optional Rules (disabled by default)
  • Armor Capacity is now calculated properly for Armors without an inherent Capacity value according to the Maximum Armor Modification rule found on AR 44
  • tabs now show the character's Alias instead of their Name if they have an Alias
  • Weapon Dice Pool total in Career Mode now includes the bonus for the Smartgun System if the Weapon has a Smartgun System Accessory or Modification and the character has an item that provides a Smartlink
  • Select Gear window no longer shows Categories that have no items for its current context
  • Vehicle Mods now support <pilot /> to change a Vehicle's Pilot Rating
  • Vehicles now show their Firewall, Signal, and Response Ratings
  • added <movementwalk />, <movementswim />, and <movementfly /> to the printout XML to make displaying the Movement, Swim, and Fly speed easier
  • Skills in the printout XML now output their translated Attribute, Skill Group, and Skill Category
New Strings
  • String_Improvement_SelectText
  • Label_BiofeedbackFilter
  • Tip_TechnomancerResponse
  • Tip_TechnomancerSignal
  • Tip_TechnomancerSystem
  • Tip_TechnomancerFirewall
  • Tip_TechnomancerBiofeedbackFilter
  • Checkbox_Options_MaximumArmorModifications
  • Checkbox_Options_ArmorSuitCapacity
  • Checkbox_Options_ArmorDegradation
Nebular
Forgot to mention for anyone doing translations, here are the samples for translating Knowledge Skills and Skill Specializations. Obviously you should replace the translate values with their correct content. I didn't want to embarrass myself by trying to do them here. wink.gif

Skill Specialization:
CODE
            <skill>
                <name>Aeronautics Mechanic</name>
                <translate>Mécanique aéronautique</translate>
                <specs>
                    <spec translate="Aerospace">Aerospace</spec>
                    <spec translate="Fixed Wing">Fixed Wing</spec>
                    <spec translate="LTA">LTA</spec>
                    <spec translate="Rotary Wing">Rotary Wing</spec>
                    <spec translate="Tilt Wing">Tilt Wing</spec>
                    <spec translate="Vector Thrust">Vector Thrust</spec>
                </specs>
            </skill>

Knowledge Skills:
CODE
            <skill>
                <name>Arabic</name>
                <translate>Arabe</translate>
                <specs>
                    <spec translate="Read/Write">Read/Write</spec>
                    <spec translate="Speak">Speak</spec>
                    <spec translate="Dialect">Dialect</spec>
                    <spec translate="Lingo">Lingo</spec>
                </specs>
            </skill>
Thorguild
Fantastic program!

Here are some bugs I found:
- Made a pixie character using Karma. The cost of the metatype was not deducted from my total
- Added a sustaining focus (manip) and got an error:
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.ImprovementManager.CreateImprovements(ImprovementSource objImprovementSource, String strSourceName, XmlNode nodBonus, Boolean blnConcatSelectedValue, Int32 intRating, String strFriendlyName)
at Chummer.frmCreate.treFoci_AfterCheck(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterCheck(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.241
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.241
CodeBase: file:///C:/Storage/Gaming/Shadowrun/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks again for this,

Thorguild
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Thorguild @ Nov 3 2011, 09:26 PM) *
Fantastic program!

Here are some bugs I found:
- Made a pixie character using Karma. The cost of the metatype was not deducted from my total

As per the rules for Karma gen metatype costs nothing.
If you want it to cost something you can turn on the optional rule and give it a multiplier. You can make this change in the
Tools - Options - Optinoal Rules tab
Nebular
QUOTE (Thorguild @ Nov 3 2011, 08:26 PM) *
- Added a sustaining focus (manip) and got an error: ... error text etc ...

For now you can click on the Continue button when that error pops up - it's trying to add Improvement information to the character for an item that doesn't actually create any, so you won't be missing anything. I'll have this fixed in the next update which will likely be a small one tomorrow evening.
ShadowWalker
The Manservant-3 is showing up with a Signal of 3. It should have a 4, it is showing up under Sensors as having a 4. I think that is because it shows this on the chart as being a 4 and does so under sensors for some reason.
CeeJay
There is some wierd rounding going on when you activate one the discount markers for adept powers that have a rating. According to the Way of the Adept the discount is 25%. While this works for Traceless Walk (1 PP -> 0.75 PP), the discount for Enhanced Perception Rating 4 is only 0.24 PP (4 x 0.25 = 1 PP -> 0.76 PP).

I'm pretty sure this comes from applying the discount first, rounding and than multipling the result by the rating. But I'm also pretty sure that's not what the devs had in mind. Here is a post from critias, where he explains how the discount works. It's pretty clear that you total all power point costs first and than apply the discount to the total.

-CJ

Irian
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 3 2011, 09:46 PM) *
The Manservant-3 is showing up with a Signal of 3. It should have a 4, it is showing up under Sensors as having a 4. I think that is because it shows this on the chart as being a 4 and does so under sensors for some reason.

It should be a 3 as far as I can tell. Signal is the Signal of the Vehicle itself which is independent of its Sensors. Sensor is based off of the Vehicle's Device Rating, and all Drones (and most standard Vehicles) have a Device Rating of 3. All Drone Sensor have a Signal of 4.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012