Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (Kirk @ Sep 8 2011, 08:40 PM) *
GM Mr. Fix-it 2071 is wrong. It is a medium drone (identified as such) but is tagged as a small drone for listing. It is missing its two arms, toolkit, and autosoft(3).

And I'm going to add to the kudos. Thank you.

I've updated the Vehicles file to include the fixes for the Mr. Fix-It. The only thing that can't be added is the generic Autosofts - those would need to be added manually, either as Gear or just in notes.
breach
I have a question I tried to add paragon and it keeps giving an unhandled exception. here is the details

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.UpdateForm(Form objForm)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.Load(String strLanguage, Object objObject)
at Chummer.frmSelectMentorSpirit..ctor(Character objCharacter)
at Chummer.ImprovementManager.CreateImprovements(ImprovementSource objImprovementSource, String strSourceName, XmlNode nodBonus, Boolean blnConcatSelectedValue, Int32 intRating, String strFriendlyName)
at Chummer.Quality.Create(XmlNode m_node, Character objCharacter, QualitySource objQualitySource, TreeNode objNode, String strForceValue)
at Chummer.frmCreate.cmdAddQuality_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

so how do i fix this
Nebular
Looks like there was a problem in the language file. Run the update, grab the updated English file, restart Chummer, and you should be good!

For those working on translations, the key "Label_SelectMetamagic_Disadvantage:" has been corrected to "Label_SelectMetamagic_Disadvantage" (should not have a colon in the name).
breach
no i updated and still get it. here is what it says now.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.UpdateForm(Form objForm)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.Load(String strLanguage, Object objObject)
at Chummer.frmSelectMentorSpirit..ctor(Character objCharacter)
at Chummer.ImprovementManager.CreateImprovements(ImprovementSource objImprovementSource, String strSourceName, XmlNode nodBonus, Boolean blnConcatSelectedValue, Int32 intRating, String strFriendlyName)
at Chummer.Quality.Create(XmlNode m_node, Character objCharacter, QualitySource objQualitySource, TreeNode objNode, String strForceValue)
at Chummer.frmCreate.cmdAddQuality_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.192
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.192
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/*********/Desktop/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Jazz
I'm not sure the update from more or less v182 to 191 is stable. A friend of mine tried to update yesterday and his Chummer couldn't start again.

I told him to re-download.
Credstick
Nebular, I got all the way through the build process of a character and then decided to change the metatype, but realized there was no way to do this after creating a new character.

Can you add the ability to change metatypes after initial creation?

I really hated having to redo the whole character just for a few build points.
Leoric
It is already implemented, in the "Special" Menu. grinbig.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 9 2011, 05:04 AM) *
I'm not sure the update from more or less v182 to 191 is stable. A friend of mine tried to update yesterday and his Chummer couldn't start again.

I told him to re-download.

Version older than 184 will not make the transition to 191 and higher without some work since it doesn't have a lang directory or know it should create one at that point. As I had mentioned in another post, if you're updating from something older than 184, your easiest way is to download the zip again (http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/chummer.zip) which contains everything and just overwrite your existing copy since it contains the necessary language information. The other option is to create the lang directory (if you don't already have it), download the language file from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/lang/en-us.xml (right-click and choose save as), then copy it to the lang directory.
Nebular
QUOTE (breach @ Sep 8 2011, 11:21 PM) *
no i updated and still get it. here is what it says now.

Grr. Same error. I apparently updated my development copy but didn't put the right version up on the server. Update the file again, restart Chummer, and this time you should be good! smile.gif
Kirk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 8 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I've updated the Vehicles file to include the fixes for the Mr. Fix-It. The only thing that can't be added is the generic Autosofts - those would need to be added manually, either as Gear or just in notes.

Thank you, Nebular.
Credstick
QUOTE (Leoric @ Sep 9 2011, 06:14 AM) *
It is already implemented, in the "Special" Menu. grinbig.gif

Thanks, didn't think to even look under this menu.

KeyMasterOfGozer
1) On the XSLT, Matrix Initiative, and IP only show if "resenabled", but this is a problem if your char is a non-technomancer hacker. I commented out the xsl:chose parts and now shows always. I'm not sure if that's the best answer, but it's the simplest.

2) The Print-out XML's Matrix Initiative is still showing the old number from before you fixed the Matrix Initiative on the "Other Info" tab. (It seems to be not picking up the Custom Commlink's response maybe).
breach
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 9 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Grr. Same error. I apparently updated my development copy but didn't put the right version up on the server. Update the file again, restart Chummer, and this time you should be good! smile.gif

yepo it works now. you the man smile.gif
Jazz
<key>Message_CannotRemoveGearWeaponVehicle</key>
<text>You cannot remove a Weapon created by Gear from here. You must remove the Gear from the Vehicle instead.</text>

I'm not sure about this message. I don't know how to test it.

Another crash when trying to fire or reload from a defiance T-250 placed on a shotgun weapon mount (normal, concealed, fixed, manual) on a BMW 2065 Mjolnir with Ex-Explosive Ammo (for vehicule weapons), but now I can't reproduce it, the bug happened only once.

Log :
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
à Chummer.frmCareer.cmsVehicleAmmoSingleShot_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à Chummer.frmCareer.cmdFireVehicleWeapon_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à SplitButton.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Nebular
Build 193
  • corrected the tooltip information for improving Skill Groups
  • corrected the tooltip information for Knowledge Skills when loading a saved character in Career Mode
  • \n in language strings is now parsed properly
  • Matrix Initiative on printouts now uses the character's proper Matrix Initiative and Initiative Passes
  • Cyberware Plugins can now be added to Vehicle Mods that are marked to allow them (currently only Mechanical Arms)
New Strings
  • Menu_AddCyberwarePlugin
  • Message_VehicleCyberwarePlugin
  • String_ExpensePurchaseVehicleCyberware
  • String_ExpenseSoldVehicleCyberware
Jazz
- @ Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseEnemy, I think you should be able to cancel
- Why wouldn't you call the dice roller via a short cut near the competence and/or weapons ? Edge shortcuts on dice roller ?
- If you change (not only add) message please do tell me...
- French translation is 33% made. smile.gif
Jazz
- Carrier Mode, Karma & Nuyen tab. Add yourself x nuyen and y karma.
Without selecting Nuyen or Karma in the History list, rigth click and click err... "Cancel the expense" (lazy to find the name back in english)

=> No message crash.

It should have a "You have to select a history to attempt to remove it" or something. Or rigth clic should'nt be possible if nothing is selected.

Btw you can have negative Karma or Nuyen if you remove only + entries.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 10 2011, 08:37 AM) *
Btw you can have negative Karma or Nuyen if you remove only + entries.

Yup. It just does what it's told and assumes you know what you're doing. Undo doesn't protect you from yourself. smile.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 10 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Yup. It just does what it's told and assumes you know what you're doing. Undo doesn't protect you from yourself. smile.gif

Can of worms, accountant is a full time job...

Find another worm :
- Add 100 Karma, spend 15 karma to go to 3 in Edge then spend 20 Karma to go to 4. Karma is 65/EDGE 4
- Remove the -15 entry.
- Karma is 80, Edge at 3.
- Add +1 Edge.
- Karma is 60 (bug) / Edge 4.

Remove both entries, Karma is back at 100 (hopefully) / Edge 2 (hopefully)

This is an acountant problem. You shouldn't be able to remove things that are in the middle of a pile, only things that are on top of a Edge FILO.
It's a full part job anyway and it's not the purpose, but if you seek howto's you'd need either to construct a FILO for each attribute/skill or change entries (big can of worm). I think you can look around on the web if somebody made accountant softwares in dotNet or explain them...

40% done biggrin.gif
Jazz
<string>
<key>Tip_TechnomancerSprites</key>
<text>Each Service a Sprite owes costs 1 BP.</text>
</string>

==> these are called Tasks.

<string>
<key>Button_DeleteCritterPower</key>
<text>DeletePower</text>
</string>

==> Miss a space

<string>
<key>Node_CritterPowers</key>
<text>Selcted Critter Powers</text>
</string>

==> Selected Critter Powers

<string>
<key>Button_AddExoticSkill</key>
<text>Add Exotic Skill</text>
(translated as <text>Ajout Compétence Exotique</text>)
</string>

==> can you make that button larger please ? each you use the word "Add", that takes me 4 characters, and each time you use "skill" with a lot of i and l, I'm to use "Compétence"...
Jazz
EOEdits atm.

50%...
Jazz
<string>
<key>Tip_OtherMovement</key>
<text>The amount of Nuyen you have left to purchase gear.</text>
</string>

==> no.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 10 2011, 06:09 PM) *
<string>
<key>Tip_OtherMovement</key>
<text>The amount of Nuyen you have left to purchase gear.</text>
</string>

==> no.

Whoops! That one should read "Character's movement speed in meters."
ChatNoir
Hi in there. smile.gif

I really appreciate Chummer but I think there's a problem with the way it handles the Quality Linguist.
Linguist
Cost: 5 BP
A character with this quality has a natural gift for learning and understanding languages, grasping vocabulary and grammar much more quickly than others would. This quality halves the basic learning time for a language and modifies the rating of any Language skill the character possesses by +2.

As I understand it, the +2 bonus should apply to every language skill the character possesses. But in the current version (0.193), the bonus applied is not calculated that way.
skill 1 : no bonus
skill 2 - 3 : +1 bonus
skill 4 and more : +2 bonus.

I don't remember a rule that would explain this behavior (but I'm only back on the game for little time).
Shortstraw
I believe the max modified rating is 1.5x unmodified rating (rounding down).
Jazz
* Tip_OtherCMPhysical and Tip_OtherCMStun
Both tips comes from the english version of the translation no matter the language.

* Please, pretty please expend those buttons :
Button_AddContact
Button_AddEnemy
Button_AddComplexForm
Button_AddLifestyle
Button_AddArmor
Button_AddGear
Button_AddVehicle

* No tip for
Label_SummaryInitiation
Label_OtherCareerKarma (tip displayed = nuyen tip)

* In carrier mode, swaping from technomancer to magician (yeah I know) didn't put the initiation tab. Then I removed the magicien, put a magician and that was ok.
I tried to initiate. It seems that metamagic don't remove karma.

* Please pre-select "Human" when making a new character. The user will just have to click on Ok if he's agree (very usefull when creating PACK ou Cybersuit or restarting Chummer each 30 seconds for translation)

* 60%, my bed is calling me.
Shortstraw
I don't suppose you could post your to do list again just to see what stuff you already have in the works?
Jazz
New things. As we say in french "A little sketch is better than a long explanation" smile.gif
Download jpg

This include the 60% translation fr.xml I'm working with, for testing purposes (Nebular, I apologize big times for all the "spam" and that spaghetti todo list, but I'm bug hunting these days).
Jazz
Got two ideas :
- A new weapond nammed "Akimbo" for characters that shoot with two pistols at the same time where you can put two weapons, one for left hand, one for rigth hand. It should have two ranges, two fire buttons and so on.
- Gremlins in dice roller.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 11 2011, 01:41 PM) *
- A new weapond nammed "Akimbo" for characters that shoot with two pistols at the same time where you can put two weapons, one for left hand, one for rigth hand. It should have two ranges, two fire buttons and so on.

You'd need to have a place to indicate how your dice pools are split, as dual-wielding does not require evenly split pools.

-k
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 10 2011, 07:42 PM) *
* Tip_OtherCMPhysical and Tip_OtherCMStun
Both tips comes from the english version of the translation no matter the language.

* Please, pretty please expend those buttons :
Button_AddContact
Button_AddEnemy
Button_AddComplexForm
Button_AddLifestyle
Button_AddArmor
Button_AddGear
Button_AddVehicle

* No tip for
Label_SummaryInitiation
Label_OtherCareerKarma (tip displayed = nuyen tip)

* In carrier mode, swaping from technomancer to magician (yeah I know) didn't put the initiation tab. Then I removed the magicien, put a magician and that was ok.
I tried to initiate. It seems that metamagic don't remove karma.

* Please pre-select "Human" when making a new character. The user will just have to click on Ok if he's agree (very usefull when creating PACK ou Cybersuit or restarting Chummer each 30 seconds for translation)

* 60%, my bed is calling me.

The CM ones are bound to the wrong controls. I'll have that fixed in the next update.
There should not be a tooltip for the Initiation/Submersion field - it doesn't follow a fixed formula. It's just how much Karma has been spent on Initiation or Submersion.
No, there will be no default Metatype selected.
Jazz
(sorry for the spam, again, but if I don't do this, I forgot)

* Label_DiceRoller_Result
Only shows on Glitch. I wonder if this text is required.

* Label_LifestyleNuyen_Description
Could add an option to fill results from the dice roller at that point (same for Cyberzombi)

* There should be the language settings of the character uploader to display in Omae's list, for the purpose to have readable notes for the user. Maybe a new filter with options "show the characters in my language", "show the characters in my language and english", "show them all".

* Right clic on an ammo item, clic "buy more" (especially when Ammo is depleted)
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 11 2011, 03:19 AM) *
I don't suppose you could post your to do list again just to see what stuff you already have in the works?
This isn't necessarily stuff in the works, but stuff on my list of things to evaluate.

Outstaing Items
    House Rule: Metatypes Cost Karma 2:1
    House Rule: Reduce Essence Cost of Cyberware/Bioware Checkbox
    Hacked Programs
    Support for Cyborgs
    Vehicle Underbarrel Weapons
    Gear Cost % Adjustment
    Omae Character Feedback
    GM Character Management/Karma/Nuyen/Gear Distribution
    Multiple Clips and Different Ammo
    A.I. Inherent Programs
    Cheat Sheets?
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 11 2011, 07:56 PM) *
There should not be a tooltip for the Initiation/Submersion field - it doesn't follow a fixed formula. It's just how much Karma has been spent on Initiation or Submersion.

Forget about what I said about metamagic cost. It's an optional rule I messed with.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 11 2011, 07:56 PM) *
No, there will be no default Metatype selected.

Why that ? I was not speaking about "human selected by default and have to change metatype in the creation process", I was speaking about just the human item highligthed in the list, so the user just have to clic on ok if he agrees on creating a human or clic elsewhere if he wants to create something else.

ATM, the user have to clic on the metatype list anyway, that would make one clic less for the majority of the uses and same as today for others...

I understand if that's by design, no problems. smile.gif

-edit- somewhere near 85%. Eat. Maybe alpha v1.0 tonight, I'd like to make this tested by french guys first.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 11 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Forget about what I said about metamagic cost. It's an optional rule I messed with.

Why that ? I was not speaking about "human selected by default and have to change metatype in the creation process", I was speaking about just the human item highligthed in the list, so the user just have to clic on ok if he agrees on creating a human or clic elsewhere if he wants to create something else.

ATM, the user have to clic on the metatype list anyway, that would make one clic less for the majority of the uses and same as today for others...

I understand if that's by design, no problems. smile.gif

-edit- somewhere near 85%. Eat. Maybe alpha v1.0 tonight, I'd like to make this tested by french guys first.

This is by design. The intention is to force someone to consciously choose their Metatype instead of clicking OK by mistake or hitting Enter one too many times from the Select BP window and discovering that they're now creating a Human when they really wanted something else. It's not like it takes much effort to hit Change Metatype or close the character and select the proper Metatype, but it can be annoying, especially if you're a GM creating a handful of NPCs at once.
alt-f4
I've just noticed that natural qualities (i.e. Low-light Vision for Elves) don't appear, neither on the UI, nor on the charsheets (but are not available when adding new qualities, which is correct).

I've tried to add them into metatypes.xml (<qualities><positive><quality>Low-Light Vision</quality> </positive></qualities>) and they are well-managed (qualities by default without cost), except that they appear twice when choosing a metavariant.

(By the way, you've done a great work with Chummer wink.gif)
Jazz
French version 100%, entering beta after french volunteers makes quick display checks and adjustements until late tuesday I think.

A few bug more :
* String_SelectBP_BPSummary
Initialised in english if you don't move BP->Karma->BP.

* Some things are created via language .xml. I'm thinking about Nexi (Personna limit comes from language file) and maybe sides of cyberarms

* I'd really like the attributes names in french on the UI and at the splash creation screen when selecting the metatype. Some "BP" left in that Select a metatype screen also. These are nearly the only important elements left in the UI.
EpicSpire
the PPP securitech armor mods are not in the armor mod selection area anymore.. is this intentional.. and if so why? Thanks

EDIT:
Never mind,. i found it.. it is not an Armor mod now it is Armor.. but in Arsenal it takes up Slots so it is actually a mod.
ChatNoir
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 11 2011, 01:50 AM) *
I believe the max modified rating is 1.5x unmodified rating (rounding down).

You're right, I've missed that one. It's position in the french book is easy to miss. My bad.

QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 02:08 AM) *
French version 100%, entering beta after french volunteers makes quick display checks and adjustements until late tuesday I think.

Pretty good so far, I've answered you on the Shadowforums.
Jazz
* When a Skill specialization is " " (any empty space ammount) Chummer considers it's a specialization. Chummer should reset that Specialization to "" (nothing) and consider that cost 0
(spoted due to one crying PC that told me "Oooh... Starting characters in Shadowrun are real newbies, man" biggrin.gif Of course that fat fingers put +/-40BP in specialization using empty spaces smile.gif smile.gif)

* At the Title_SelectBP screen, the tooltip of Checkbox_SelectBP_IgnoreRules is in english and seem to be hardcoded : "When checked, all BP and attributes/skills..."...

* In the add quality screen, somebody tells me it would be better that if the OK button were labeled "Add".

* Icon tootips ("New", "Open", "Save character", "Print Character") are in english (those little icons under the main menu bar)
deurk
Suprathyroid Gland seems to be counted as an Initiative modifier because it gets ignored for Reaction total when cumulated with a Synaptic Booster (SR4A 347).
The gland only modifies the Reaction attribute directly and not the Initiative unlike the booster or any wire system.

Could you correct that please?
Jazz
* In the tab "Karma cost" via options, there's a ( between Initiation/Sumersion cost and the box. It shouldn't be here I think (the betatester team is heartless nyahnyah.gif)

* Texts above condition monitors ("Physical" and "Stun") stayed in english.
Jazz
English and french versions diverges, as seen in thoses screens :
http://www.mediafire.com/?bx6m1w7k6c32226

English
If you don't create a new character, when you clic on file you have
- New character
- New critter
- Open
- Print multiple

When you create one, you have :
- New character
- New critter
- Open
- Save
- Save as
- Print
- Print multiple

French
If you don't create a new character, when you clic on file you have, translated from french :
- New character
- New critter
- Open
- Print multiple

When you create one, you have :
- New character
- New critter
- Open
- Print multiple

Misses Save, Save as, Print.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Sep 12 2011, 05:07 AM) *
Suprathyroid Gland seems to be counted as an Initiative modifier because it gets ignored for Reaction total when cumulated with a Synaptic Booster (SR4A 347).
The gland only modifies the Reaction attribute directly and not the Initiative unlike the booster or any wire system.

Could you correct that please?

There have been a number of discussions on this in the past. The short version is no, this will not be changed. Everything that modifies REA affects INI and Suprathyroid Gland is the only one that does not say it does not stack with other items that provide INI enhancements. Given that it affects INI through REA, this would exclude it from working with other items like Synaptic Booster which states it does not stack with other INI enhancers.
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 11 2011, 08:33 PM) *
the PPP securitech armor mods are not in the armor mod selection area anymore.. is this intentional.. and if so why? Thanks

EDIT:
Never mind,. i found it.. it is not an Armor mod now it is Armor.. but in Arsenal it takes up Slots so it is actually a mod.

I forgot to move these out of the Mod section when I moved Helmets and Shields since they stack like them. They can be worn separately and do not need to be attached to a piece of armor, just like Helmets and Shields.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 01:56 PM) *
There have been a number of discussions on this in the past. The short version is no, this will not be changed. Everything that modifies REA affects INI and Suprathyroid Gland is the only one that does not say it does not stack with other items that provide INI enhancements. Given that it affects INI through REA, this would exclude it from working with other items like Synaptic Booster which states it does not stack with other INI enhancers.

I see what leads you to this. You see in this sentence that anything that will have an impact, may it be direct or indirect, on the Initiative cannot stack.
My opinion would be more to not allow anything that will impact Initiative directly, like wiring cybernetic. I think that is a point where interpretation can't be unique.

Could you please then consider adding it to the house rules options?
Maybe something labelled "Allow indirect INI enhancement through REA when INI enhancement is prohibited" or whatever you could state clearer?

Side note:
I've been using Chummer for the past week and I am (as many others, seing the popularity of this topic) very impressed with the work done.
Thank you for your time and effort on this. Jazz, a few FR guys and I are trying to help a bit by providing bug reports and french translation in return.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 11 2011, 07:08 PM) *

A few bug more :
* String_SelectBP_BPSummary
Initialised in english if you don't move BP->Karma->BP.

* Some things are created via language .xml. I'm thinking about Nexi (Personna limit comes from language file) and maybe sides of cyberarms

* I'd really like the attributes names in french on the UI and at the splash creation screen when selecting the metatype. Some "BP" left in that Select a metatype screen also. These are nearly the only important elements left in the UI.

String_SelectBP_BPSummary will be correctly initialised in the next update. I thought it was automatically changed when the window loads because the BP/Karm list is populated. I was wrong.
I'm going to need to figure something out for the Attributes.

QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 04:28 AM) *
* When a Skill specialization is " " (any empty space ammount) Chummer considers it's a specialization. Chummer should reset that Specialization to "" (nothing) and consider that cost 0
(spoted due to one crying PC that told me "Oooh... Starting characters in Shadowrun are real newbies, man" biggrin.gif Of course that fat fingers put +/-40BP in specialization using empty spaces smile.gif smile.gif)

* At the Title_SelectBP screen, the tooltip of Checkbox_SelectBP_IgnoreRules is in english and seem to be hardcoded : "When checked, all BP and attributes/skills..."...

* In the add quality screen, somebody tells me it would be better that if the OK button were labeled "Add".

* Icon tootips ("New", "Open", "Save character", "Print Character") are in english (those little icons under the main menu bar)

I forgot about the tooltip on the checkbox. I'll add the string for this in the next update (Tip_SelectBP_IgnoreRules).
The OK button in the Select Quality window will stay as it is since this is how it appears in all of the other windows. smile.gif
The tooltips for the tool bar items will be fixed up in the next update. I've finally figured out how to change their text at run time (it's stupidly easy and obvious, but I hadn't done it for ages and forgot how)

QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 06:15 AM) *
* In the tab "Karma cost" via options, there's a ( between Initiation/Sumersion cost and the box. It shouldn't be here I think (the betatester team is heartless nyahnyah.gif)

* Texts above condition monitors ("Physical" and "Stun") stayed in english.

The "(" should be there as it shows a formula: ([your value] x New Rating) + 10.
There's a logic problem in the Language Manager that is preventing these from being translated (it avoids translating the buttons since they have no language-dependent content), but it instead just doesn't translated anything in those CM areas. This will be fixed in the next update.

QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 12 2011, 07:47 AM) *
English and french versions diverges, as seen in thoses screens :
... menu stuff ...

Edit: Found the problem. I was translating the menu names in the main window but not in the Create or Career windows, so the menu names never matched up which prevents .NET from merging the menus together. This will be fixed in the next update.

I'll also be fixing up a number of the text alignment issues. These have been bugging me for a while but I wanted to get the translation stuff out of the way before I addressed it. The buttons will also resize and move to fit accordingly. The "unused space" you point out in the screen shots isn't necessary unused space - they're hidden controls (at least in the case of the Vehicle tab). Just because you don't see the 40 boxes for a Vehicle's Condition Monitor doesn't mean they're not there. wink.gif That lone box you point out is because the selected Vehicle has 11 boxes on its Condition Monitor and they are rows of 10 boxes each to make counting them out easier. (it's amazing how confusing it becomes when you try to do 12 - 15 boxes on a line and try to quickly figure out its current health)
Jazz
* for the tootips of "Equipped" (armors - checkbox's name is Checkbox_Equipped) and "Installed" (weapons mod and accesories, checkbox's name is ...Checkbox_Installed), the two tooltips comes from hardcoded messages in english.

(Nebular, please don't hesitate to tell if you want me to stop spam, I don't know if you'll correct all of these or if I bother you, or if each time you finish something I've got a new thing... Things should calm down a bit very soon, I think.)

btw, somebody with a computer at a low resolution (said as 1366x768) reported too long tooltips that made unfinished sentences at the end of the tooltip's bubble. I fixed that by \n some tooltips in the middle of the sentence.

That was :
Tip_OtherBallisticArmor
Tip_OtherImpactArmor
Thorguild
First-time poster here.

Chummer is awesome! I'm impressed by the ease and polish of this great app, and it's made a huge difference in my new SR game. Thanks so much for making it available for us.

We use Maptools for our game. I'd like to request a feature to use Chummer to create a Maptools icon compatible with Veggiesama's SR 4 framework. It would help us out a lot.

Thanks again for the great application,

Thorguild
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 03:19 PM) *
The OK button in the Select Quality window will stay as it is since this is how it appears in all of the other windows. smile.gif

Not for equippement, armor, etc. The guys told me that was the same spirit, since there's an "Add & more" button.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 12 2011, 03:19 PM) *
(...loads of fixes...)

You're amazing.

The french xml is quite clean now but I think I've got to wait for it to be finished after the next update. Loads of changing labels there and we may have a half en/half fr translation smile.gif

If you want our curent file for testing purposes, it's here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?yc4h63dkjhjmqyh

(there's new fixes since that one but anyway this one is 100% complete and made 3 hours ago)

edit - if you want the x language, also for testing purpose, here's one. With that one everything left in english is easy to spot.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsykk1jybjm7rzb

How to make one with your current language file :
- copy the en-us.xml
- rename the new file to something like x.xml
- in the new one with notepad++, change the language name to "X"
- control+H, replace all "</text>" by " -->" without the " characters but with the space before -->
- control+H, replace all "<text>" by "<text>X</text> <!-- " without the " characters but with the space after <!--
- save, you're done.

(comes from dirty working tricks nyahnyah.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012