Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 9 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Right now I have no plans on including dependencies for Cyberware, partially because they can also be loaded into Vehicle Mods (specifically the Mechanical Arm) and that a lot of that stuff can be installed in the body without any other components, meaning that dependencies are pretty much a throw away thing.

Anyway, there you've got them sorted. You could do the same thing as "Show me only the qualities I can have" with a "Show me only the cyberware I can install" checkbox. Today you can mount an arm on cybereyes, sort of. biggrin.gif
I'll be doing the same sorting for gear but very very slow (I know only a few about the tech of my new job wink.gif)
Gwynfallan
Greetings! I tripped across a potentially significant creation error (to magic/resonance users).

SR4 (Anniversary) p. 68 - Essence Rating
"Characters with Magic or Resonance attributes are subject to penalties if they have an Essence lower than 6. For each point or partial point of Essence below 6, the character loses 1 full point from her Magic or Resonance and the maximum for that attribute is reduced by 1."

No matter what combination I try (lots or little cyber/bioware paired with Adept, Magician, Mystic Adept, or Technomancer), my characters' essence losses don't appear to hamper their Magic or Resonance attribute. I wasn't certain if this was something that was glitching, not yet complete, or impossible to code.

P.S. Alcohol (Knowledge Skill) only has one 'H', not two. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Oct 10 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Greetings! I tripped across a potentially significant creation error (to magic/resonance users).

SR4 (Anniversary) p. 68 - Essence Rating
"Characters with Magic or Resonance attributes are subject to penalties if they have an Essence lower than 6. For each point or partial point of Essence below 6, the character loses 1 full point from her Magic or Resonance and the maximum for that attribute is reduced by 1."

No matter what combination I try (lots or little cyber/bioware paired with Adept, Magician, Mystic Adept, or Technomancer), my characters' essence losses don't appear to hamper their Magic or Resonance attribute. I wasn't certain if this was something that was glitching, not yet complete, or impossible to code.

P.S. Alcohol (Knowledge Skill) only has one 'H', not two. nyahnyah.gif

This is working as intended. In Create Mode, it always assumes that the MAG score you have set is the final number you want, so if you start with MAG 4 and add a piece of 'ware to reduce your ESS, MAG maximum goes down to 5 but it leaves your current MAG at 4. It does deduct the 10 BP for effectively "buying back" your 4th point of MAG though (being reduced to 3, then spending 10 BP to get back to 4). The only time it forces your current MAG down is when the MAG maximum goes below your current MAG value (such as going from a maximum of 4 to 3, in which case MAG is forced down to 3). As an example, a new character with Adept and MAG 4 will have spent 35 BP. When they add a piece of Cyberware to bring their ESS to 5.8, their MAG stays at 4, but their BP spent increases to 45 to reflect their effectively going down to MAG 3 and buying back up to MAG 4.

When the optional rule is turned on, you do not lose the extra 10 BP for "buying back" the point of MAG since only the maximum value is decreased.

I've updated the Skills file to correct the spelling mistake.
Diabolos
One bug report and one suggestion this time!

Bug:
Commlinks are not saved with their locations nor are they loaded in the correct location if you edit the saved Chummer character file.

Suggestion:
Can you leave settings/default.xml out of future distributions of Chummer? This will prevent overwriting the file when you install a new build, and including it in the distribution is a bit moot since Chummer re-creates it if it's missing.

deurk
Nebular,

Do you have any way to allow the tooltip on greyed items from the skills page. Grouped skills are greyed out when points are spend on the group and does not allow to see the tooltip of the pool calculus.

Thanks wink.gif
Faranji
I like and use your generator a lot - thanks.
Without having read through all suggestions here is one I stumbled upon recently quite often (perhaps I'm just too stupid to find the correct function):

Would it be possible to implement an edit function for IDs/Lifestyles. At the moment I'd have to delete the current Lifestyle to increase or decrease one of the aspects (e.g. necesseties from low to middle).

-> I just tried it to make sure I didn't miss the function and found an error. I created a test character with a "test" lifestyle and when I tried to click on that I got the following error: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. [...] Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedLifestyle()
at Chummer.frmCreate.treLifestyles_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.213
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.213
CodeBase: file:///G:/Dokumente,%20PDF/Rollenspiel/Shadowrun/Charakterb%F6gen%20und%20Generatoren/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Perhaps this is of some use to you. This was in a file that didn't contain anything but the lifestyle. Also I didn't have that bug with my normal characters.
Minimax le Rouge
hello,
i have some problems with the Full Body Armor (SR4 326)
Chummer give it a capacity of 8 i think it should be 15. (armor 10/8 and capacity rule AR44)
The Helmet come with a 7 capacity ( should be 6 ? )

Also the Ruthenium polymer coating should take [1], not [0] (AR44 : "Unrated armor modifications (for example, the gel pack modification) take up 1 point.")
Bobby
Found bugs in PACKS

The following Gear Kits cause an Exception:

Hacker Pack
Matrix Basics
Matrix Power User

Hope this helps.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Oct 11 2011, 05:58 AM) *
hello,
i have some problems with the Full Body Armor (SR4 326)
Chummer give it a capacity of 8 i think it should be 15. (armor 10/8 and capacity rule AR44)
The Helmet come with a 7 capacity ( should be 6 ? )

Also the Ruthenium polymer coating should take [1], not [0] (AR44 : "Unrated armor modifications (for example, the gel pack modification) take up 1 point.")

Page 44 quite clearly states, right below the black bar for Armor Suite Capacity, that Full Body Armor has a Capacity of 8 while its Helmet has a Capacity of 7.

I've updated the Armor file to correct the Capacity for the Transparent and standard versions of Ruthenium Polymer Coating.
Nebular
QUOTE (Bobby @ Oct 11 2011, 06:39 AM) *
Found bugs in PACKS

The following Gear Kits cause an Exception:

Hacker Pack
Matrix Basics
Matrix Power User

Hope this helps.

PACKS file has been updated to fix these. They were still using the old names for their Software Suites.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 11 2011, 01:33 AM) *
Nebular,

Do you have any way to allow the tooltip on greyed items from the skills page. Grouped skills are greyed out when points are spend on the group and does not allow to see the tooltip of the pool calculus.

Thanks wink.gif

Yeah, I was noticing this the other day as well and thought it was a little weird. It also acts a little differently when you load a character in Career Mode. I'll add this to my list.
Nebular
QUOTE (Faranji @ Oct 11 2011, 05:10 AM) *
I like and use your generator a lot - thanks.
Without having read through all suggestions here is one I stumbled upon recently quite often (perhaps I'm just too stupid to find the correct function):

Would it be possible to implement an edit function for IDs/Lifestyles. At the moment I'd have to delete the current Lifestyle to increase or decrease one of the aspects (e.g. necesseties from low to middle).

-> I just tried it to make sure I didn't miss the function and found an error. I created a test character with a "test" lifestyle and when I tried to click on that I got the following error: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. [...] Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Perhaps this is of some use to you. This was in a file that didn't contain anything but the lifestyle. Also I didn't have that bug with my normal characters.

I'll take a look at adding support for editing Advanced Lifestyles. Not sure why I hadn't thought of it before since the conditions for an Advanced Lifestyle could change (neighbourhood gets rougher, neighbours change, etc.).

For now at least, you'll need to remove and re-add an ID if you want to change the name/text you attached to it. I'll see if adding support for changing these values is doable.
Nebular
QUOTE (Diabolos @ Oct 10 2011, 09:57 PM) *
One bug report and one suggestion this time!

Bug:
Commlinks are not saved with their locations nor are they loaded in the correct location if you edit the saved Chummer character file.

Suggestion:
Can you leave settings/default.xml out of future distributions of Chummer? This will prevent overwriting the file when you install a new build, and including it in the distribution is a bit moot since Chummer re-creates it if it's missing.

I'll look into the Commlink/Location thing. Not sure why I'm still including the default settings file in the zip since it's rebuilt if missing. I'll remove it from future updates (though you don't have to download the zip each time there's an update).
Minimax le Rouge
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 11 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Page 44 quite clearly states, right below the black bar for Armor Suite Capacity, that Full Body Armor has a Capacity of 8 while its Helmet has a Capacity of 7.

I have missed that point thank you smile.gif
Kirk
I can put points in assensing without having magic?

Also an oddity. When you get positive quality "Astral Sight" you get one point of magic. Because of the way you have things linked this opens all the magic skills. Astral sight is only supposed to open Assensing and Astral Combat (SM 24). I see what's happening, I'm not sure you can do anything about it given the way things are linked, but I'm letting you know in case there is something you can do.
Diabolos
More Bugs:
  1. Gear can't be deleted if it's in any location except Selected Gear
  2. Knowledge skills get saved without a skill category under certain circumstances, causing a run-time error the next time you load that character. This happens when you add a new knowledge skill and (1) type in a skill or (2) select a listed skill whose category is Academic. It looks like unless the skill category dropdown is explictly selected or programatically changed to something else, it'll save as blank for that skill.
  3. If you type in a knowledge skill that is the exact same as one in the dropdown, none of the labels or dropdowns update themselves. The specialization dropdown contents and skill category selection don't update themselves. If you had typed in a language, the rating + dice label doesn't change to N if you have no points in the language. If you go back and select the skill from the dropdown, everything updates as it should.
  4. The HK Urban Fighter heavy pistol and HK Urban Combat submachine gun currently do not allow weapon accessories but allow weapon mods, when it should not allow mods (and probably allow accessories, see discussion point below), per the items' descriptions.
  5. The special rules for the HK Urban Fighter appear to be missing. Per the item description on p22 of Arsenal, for the sealed ammo clips for this weapon: "double the ammunition's costs and increase the Availability by +8." Also, the "special ceramic silencer for the gun costs 500 nuyen."
  6. The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapon mods in weapons.xml do not have their <modcostmultiplier> tags.
  7. The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapon mods are not increasing the availability for subsequent mods on the weapon as they should, per the mod rules.
  8. When I manually fix #6 above and add the mod to a weapon, any mods already on the weapon don't retroactively have their costs updated.

Some Discussion points:
  1. Should the Morrisey Elan holdout pistol, HK Urban Fighter heavy pistol, and HK Urban Combat submachine gun (and any other weapons whose description says they're undetectable by magnatic anomaly detectors) have the mod Ceramic/Plasteel Components Level 3 as part of the base weapon? It would make sense given the description for the guns and the mod, but then that would jack up the mod cost of those weapons (which I think it should increase).
  2. Are/should accessories for the above 3 weapons allowed? The rules don't say they're not allowed, but then should you apply some cost/availability modifier to the accessories?
  3. Should the Ceramic/Plasteel Components mods also increase the cost of weapon accessories as well even though the rules don't say they do?

Nebular
QUOTE (Diabolos @ Oct 11 2011, 09:30 PM) *
  • The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapon mods in weapons.xml do not have their <modcostmultiplier> tags.
  • The Ceramic Components and Plasteel Components weapon mods are not increasing the availability for subsequent mods on the weapon as they should, per the mod rules.

Ceramic/Plasteel Components are not missing any tags. <modcostmultiplier> only affects the cost of Mods. The modify the cost of the whole Weapon which includes Mods and Accessories. It will not affect the Availability of installed components for now - plugins have no knowledge of other plugins.

QUOTE (Diabolos @ Oct 11 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Some Discussion points:
  1. Should the Morrisey Elan holdout pistol, HK Urban Fighter heavy pistol, and HK Urban Combat submachine gun (and any other weapons whose description says they're undetectable by magnatic anomaly detectors) have the mod Ceramic/Plasteel Components Level 3 as part of the base weapon? It would make sense given the description for the guns and the mod, but then that would jack up the mod cost of those weapons (which I think it should increase).
  2. Are/should accessories for the above 3 weapons allowed? The rules don't say they're not allowed, but then should you apply some cost/availability modifier to the accessories?
  3. Should the Ceramic/Plasteel Components mods also increase the cost of weapon accessories as well even though the rules don't say they do?

None of those Weapons say they're made from Ceramic or Plasteel Components. Adding them would incorrectly modify the cost of every plugin you'd want to add. Since they do not explicitly state that they do not allow Mods or Accessories, the rules imply that they have access to all Mods and Accessories that their Weapon Categories allow. I'll have to update how Total Cost is handled. I originally read it as "modifications" being Mods and Accessories.
Nebular
QUOTE (Kirk @ Oct 11 2011, 05:42 PM) *
I can put points in assensing without having magic?

Also an oddity. When you get positive quality "Astral Sight" you get one point of magic. Because of the way you have things linked this opens all the magic skills. Astral sight is only supposed to open Assensing and Astral Combat (SM 24). I see what's happening, I'm not sure you can do anything about it given the way things are linked, but I'm letting you know in case there is something you can do.

Yeah, this is a bit of a quirk with Skills. At the moment there are no requirements for them apart from having access to their linked Attribute. nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Something has broken my character between the latest release (315) and the previous one (under which the character was created).

[ Spoiler ]
Sengir
One semi-bug: The "Character Sheet:" dropdown in the charsheet viewer lists every file in the /sheets folder, which is somewhat annoying when tinkering with a custom sheet. Although I must commend you on the fact that the program does not crash when trying to parse a .png file, but merely throws an exception wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 12 2011, 08:02 AM) *
One semi-bug: The "Character Sheet:" dropdown in the charsheet viewer lists every file in the /sheets folder, which is somewhat annoying when tinkering with a custom sheet. Although I must commend you on the fact that the program does not crash when trying to parse a .png file, but merely throws an exception wink.gif

Oooh, you're putting stuff right in the sheets directory? It's just actively looking for things that don't end with .XSLT. Didn't expect there to be other files right in there (I usually separate image and stuff into an \images directory so I had never really thought of that). I'll update the Viewer window to only show files that end in .XSL then. Should be in the next update. biggrin.gif
deurk
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 12 2011, 06:34 AM) *
Something has broken my character between the latest release (315) and the previous one (under which the character was created).

[ Spoiler ]

Does the error message help in debugging or do you need the .chum file as well?
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 12 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Didn't expect there to be other files right in there

Sounds familiar...how could I expect anyone to do that? wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 12 2011, 01:34 AM) *

I can't seem to reproduce this. Could you email me the character that is causing this (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll take a look at it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 12 2011, 08:35 AM) *
Sounds familiar...how could I expect anyone to do that? wink.gif

Also sounds like how I react to my players! "You're doing what?! Um, okay, why not!" (throw out written material and wing it) biggrin.gif
Nebular
So it looks like there's a currently little quirk with Knowledge Skills Categories. If you're adding a new Academic Knowledge Skill to your character, select a different Category (like Profession), then put it back to Academic and everything will be OK. For some reason it currently shows new Skills as having Academic selected, but the Skill itself believes that its Category is blank. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
Build 221
  • added support for <swapskillattribute /> to the Improvement Manager which replaces the select Physical Attribute with the appropriate Mental Attribute for all Active Skills
  • added support for <exclude /> to the skillattribute Improvement
  • Commlinks and Operating Systems now properly save and load their Location
  • plugins are correctly listed under their parent items after being moved back to the default Gear location as a result of deleting their current Location
  • Gear Weapon bonus information is now written to the print XML if available (weaponbonusdamage and weaponbonusap)
  • Ammo now displays its Weapon Damage and AP modifiers when selected if applicable
  • the total Rating field for Active Skills is always enabled, even when the Skill is a part of a Group, so that its tooltip information is always available
  • Gear in the Foci and Metamagic Foci Categories only apply their bonuses when Bound to the character and are removed if the Focus is removed for Unbound
  • Power Focus now improves all MAG-related Active Skills when Bound except for Counterspelling since it is a situational modifier
  • added <swapskillattribute /> to the Mind Over Matter Adept Power
  • Viewer window now only shows files that end in .xsl
  • corrected Total Cost to only modify the cost of the base Weapon and its Modifications excluding Accessories
  • fixed an issue that prevented Gear from being deleted if it was not part of the Selected Gear Location
  • fixed an issue where new Knowledge Skills showed their Category as being Academic but the Skill believed its Cateegory was blank
  • Knowledge Skills that were accidentally saved with a blank Category now assume they are Academic to avoid errors
  • Skill Filter dropdown now repositions itself to avoid overlapping with other buttons
  • Dice Pool size is shown for the selected Weapon's Active Skill in Career Mode
  • Locations in the Gear list can now be reorganised using drag and drop (Selected Gear cannot be moved and is always the first Location in the list)
  • added tracking highlight when drag-and-dropping Gear and Locations
New Strings
  • Label_DicePool
deurk
Great list of fixes.
Thanks Nebular.
Diabolos
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 11 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Ceramic/Plasteel Components are not missing any tags. <modcostmultiplier> only affects the cost of Mods. The modify the cost of the whole Weapon which includes Mods and Accessories. It will not affect the Availability of installed components for now - plugins have no knowledge of other plugins.

Whoops, I don't know what I was smoking, but I see what caused my flawed findings. The cost of the mod on the Select Weapon Mod screen shows the cost correctly if you have the Ceramic/Plasteel mod installed for a weapon. When you actually add the mod, the mod cost listed when you select it is the base cost, but the total cost listed on the weapon is correct.
McDougle
Regardless of any actual updates my Chummer always opens the update-window and shows me the french translation "update" which I canīt even download(selecting wonīt do anything).
I always have to close that useless window- after that everything works properly.

EDIT:

And please alter the way splash-grenades(and capsule ammo) work:

After selecting such ammo/grenades Chummer could ask for a chemical/drug to insert, which would then alter the name of the grenade/ammo to "Splash Grenade (Chemical/Drug)" and insert a unique entry(so Splash grenades with different fillings wonīt mix anymore).
--> Grenades/Ammo filled with special/unofficial ingrediants could still be inserted with "Empty" and further described in the famous Notes. smokin.gif

Nice to see, that your still kicking with the same effort for chummer! smile.gif
Shortstraw
Could it be the auto-update?
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Oct 12 2011, 10:55 PM) *
EDIT:

And please alter the way splash-grenades(and capsule ammo) work:

After selecting such ammo/grenades Chummer could ask for a chemical/drug to insert, which would then alter the name of the grenade/ammo to "Splash Grenade (Chemical/Drug)" and insert a unique entry(so Splash grenades with different fillings wonīt mix anymore).
--> Grenades/Ammo filled with special/unofficial ingrediants could still be inserted with "Empty" and further described in the famous Notes. smokin.gif

This one isn't going to happen. You can buy the empty shell without chemicals or anything else. Creating an Empty item would result in these behaving in a very different manner from anything else that accept plugins. Nothing else that requires or that can accept plugins automatically asks you to select another piece of Gear (for example, Commlinks don't ask you to select an OS), so these won't be an exception to the rule. All this would end up doing is re-opening the Select Gear window which would be very misleading as it would have the exact same behaviour as the Add & More button. It also turns an option into a forced choice, even if that choice ends up being "Empty".
deurk
Being able to break items into stacks will help this then.
KarmaInferno
Programs!

Was messing around with Matrix Programs and ran into a few bugs/issues.

1) Several of the Program Options are apparently conflicting with other gear of the same name. The ones I have found so far are Optimization, Overdrive, and Targeting, though I suspect there are a couple of others.

2) There's no "Hacked" checkbox option for Program Options.

3) Programs should have a Capacity equal to half their rating for Program Options, but currently all display "0 (0 remaining)". Adding a Capacity tag to their Gear.XML entry causes Chummer to crash when adding the program to the Gear list.

-k
McDougle
Alright- I understand that that option is not available then.

Is their no way though, to somehow clarify for how many round/grenades the bought plug-in chemical is destined?

-> You have bought 4 Splash-Grenades and as a plugin add 2 doses of Neurostun.
a) Those two doses could be shown as a plugin with a quantity.
b) in the Weapon-Tab those Plug-Ins could count as ammo(would need some recoding, right? But i bet its possible smile.gif )(making use of reloading and such).
c)Additional substances would also appear(like 1 Narcoject and 1 Pepperpunch) in with a quantity [Showing: 2 Neurostun, 1 Narcoject, 1 Pepperpunch] and be available as alternative ammo for Splash-Grenades in the Weapon-Tab(Change type with reloading).

Thinks I guess would need (a bit?) recoding:

-Plugins[Chemicals ec.] for Splash-Grenades count as ammo for that "weapon"
->those plugins have a quantity(sometimes you want 20 doses of neurostun for 25 Splash-Grenades nyahnyah.gif ).

This would be quite some work I guess, but the way Chummer currently handles Splash-Grenades/CapsuleRounds and the like is about the only thing(the way i see it) not sufficiently implemented yet.
It would be plain awesome, if this "flaw" would disappear from Chummers otherwise AWESOME feature-list. smile.gif
ChatNoir
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 13 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Being able to break items into stacks will help this then.
It would also be nice to be able to stack items after buying them. Let's say I have 3 fiberoptic cables but I would need to more for a job. I'll end up with 3 cables + 2 cables. I could also delete de 3 cables and buy 5 cables for the price of two cables but it's a bit complicated. biggrin.gif
Or leave the possibility to use the 'buy ammo' button now for other items it's greyed now. I'm thinking about slap patches, cables, optical taps, RFID tags, restraints (for my current character) but I'm sure that there's a lot of other item that could use this possibility.
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 14 2011, 03:24 AM) *
Programs!

Was messing around with Matrix Programs and ran into a few bugs/issues.

1) Several of the Program Options are apparently conflicting with other gear of the same name. The ones I have found so far are Optimization, Overdrive, and Targeting, though I suspect there are a couple of others.

2) There's no "Hacked" checkbox option for Program Options.

3) Programs should have a Capacity equal to half their rating for Program Options, but currently all display "0 (0 remaining)". Adding a Capacity tag to their Gear.XML entry causes Chummer to crash when adding the program to the Gear list.

-k

1) Aw nuts. I was afraid this would happen at some point. I believe the solution for it is mostly in place - I'll have to double-check and finish it off.

2) Can you hack program options?

3) I'll have to look into this. There's nothing special about how Programs are stored to the capacity tag should work...
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Oct 14 2011, 05:35 AM) *
Already- I understand that that option is not available then.

Is their no way though, to somehow clarify for how many round/grenades the bought plug-in chemical is destined?

-> You have bought 4 Splash-Grenades and as a plugin add 2 doses of Neurostun.
a) Those two doses could be shown as a plugin with a quantity.
b) in the Weapon-Tab those Plug-Ins could count as ammo(would need some recoding, right? But i bet its possible smile.gif )(making use of reloading and such).
c)Additional substances would also appear(like 1 Narcoject and 1 Pepperpunch) in with a quantity [Showing: 2 Neurostun, 1 Narcoject, 1 Pepperpunch] and be available as alternative ammo for Splash-Grenades in the Weapon-Tab(Change type with reloading).

Thinks I guess would need (a bit?) recoding:

-Plugins[Chemicals ec.] for Splash-Grenades count as ammo for that "weapon"
->those plugins have a quantity(sometimes you want 20 doses of neurostun for 25 Splash-Grenades nyahnyah.gif ).

This would be quite some work I guess, but the way Chummer currently handles Splash-Grenades/CapsuleRounds and the like is about the only thing(the way i see it) not sufficiently implemented yet.
It would be plain awesome, if this "flaw" would disappear from Chummers otherwise AWESOME feature-list. smile.gif

Plugins do not have a quantity of their own as they apply to the whole stack of items. If you have a stack of 5 Gas Grenades then add a Toxin plugin to them, all 5 now have that Toxin plugin. If you need 2 Neurostun, 1 Narcoject, and 1 Pepperpunch Grenade, you'd create a stack of 2 Gas Grenades and then 2 stacks of 1 Grenade, adding the appropriate plugins to each. They're handled this way so that every time you throw a Neurostun Grenade, you only need to decrease the quantity of the Grenade itself, not decrease the Grenade quantity then decrease the plugin quantity (this also gets around players forgetting that they'd need to reduce both). It's not such a big deal for individual thrown Grenades, but it becomes a bigger deal when you're dealing with Grenade Launchers that can load and fire multiple rounds at once.
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Oct 14 2011, 07:04 AM) *
It would also be nice to be able to stack items after buying them. Let's say I have 3 fiberoptic cables but I would need to more for a job. I'll end up with 3 cables + 2 cables. I could also delete de 3 cables and buy 5 cables for the price of two cables but it's a bit complicated. biggrin.gif
Or leave the possibility to use the 'buy ammo' button now for other items it's greyed now. I'm thinking about slap patches, cables, optical taps, RFID tags, restraints (for my current character) but I'm sure that there's a lot of other item that could use this possibility.

I actually finished writing this last night! You can split a stack, specifying how many items should go into the new stack which appears in the same location as the current item, as well as having the ability to merge stacks. So if you have 2 cables on hand and 10 sitting in Location X, you can select the cable in Location X, click merge, choose the stack you want to add it to (it opens another window and lists all of the Gear you have that match the current item exactly (meaning name, Rating, and all plugins must match exactly - this prevents you from incorrectly adding an Arrow with a Stick-n-Shock tip to a stack of Arrows with Hammerhead tips), choose the number to move, and off ya go!

The Select Gear window now has a Stack checkbox when you're in Career Mode. When it's checked, the app looks for an exact match on name, Rating, and Category. If it finds a match, it adds the selected item to the first match it finds. The buy ammo button still works exactly as it does, opening the window with the current item already selected, and adding the new amount to the currently selected stack.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 14 2011, 07:47 AM) *
1) Aw nuts. I was afraid this would happen at some point. I believe the solution for it is mostly in place - I'll have to double-check and finish it off.

The most obvious long term solution would be to assign every piece of gear a unique internal "item number", treating the gear's actual name as merely fluff, but I imagine this would be a bit of work.

2) Can you hack program options?

I don't see why not. Most of Unwired treats them as any other software, and page 118 specifically says you can code them like other software.

3) I'll have to look into this. There's nothing special about how Programs are stored to the capacity tag should work...

I think it may be the way I formatted the formula, on further testing. I was adding "<capacity>Rating * 0.5</capacity>" to an entry and it threw the error. When I just put "Rating" it was fine. I'm not sure how Chummer handles division math, actually.

-k
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 14 2011, 12:58 PM) *
I actually finished writing this last night! You can split a stack, specifying how many items should go into the new stack which appears in the same location as the current item, as well as having the ability to merge stacks. So if you have 2 cables on hand and 10 sitting in Location X, you can select the cable in Location X, click merge, choose the stack you want to add it to (it opens another window and lists all of the Gear you have that match the current item exactly (meaning name, Rating, and all plugins must match exactly - this prevents you from incorrectly adding an Arrow with a Stick-n-Shock tip to a stack of Arrows with Hammerhead tips), choose the number to move, and off ya go!

The Select Gear window now has a Stack checkbox when you're in Career Mode. When it's checked, the app looks for an exact match on name, Rating, and Category. If it finds a match, it adds the selected item to the first match it finds. The buy ammo button still works exactly as it does, opening the window with the current item already selected, and adding the new amount to the currently selected stack.

Yay!
ChatNoir
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 14 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Yay!
Same here ! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 14 2011, 09:20 AM) *
The most obvious long term solution would be to assign every piece of gear a unique internal "item number", treating the gear's actual name as merely fluff, but I imagine this would be a bit of work.

I don't see why not. Most of Unwired treats them as any other software, and page 118 specifically says you can code them like other software.

I think it may be the way I formatted the formula, on further testing. I was adding "<capacity>Rating * 0.5</capacity>" to an entry and it threw the error. When I just put "Rating" it was fine. I'm not sure how Chummer handles division math, actually.

-k

The problem with unique IDs and manually generated XML files is that I'd need to manually create a new ID each time, as would anyone creating custom data. Gear seems to be the only place where it's an actual issue. It shouldn't be a big deal to fix since most of it is already done - it just needs to match an item by the name and category tags instead of just the name. I'm fairly certain that the Create and Career Mode windows handle it properly. It might just be an issue with the Select Gear window itself since it reports both the name of the selected item and its Category.

Guess I'll add Hacked for Program Options then! It's really just a cost modifier anyways. The app would really let you hack anything if I didn't put in the check to say only show that checkbox if it's Matrix Software. wink.gif

I think it's the 0.5 in that expression that's messing it up. If you have an odd number Rating you'll end up with a decimal value instead of an integer. I think Gear just assumes its Capacity results in an integer value and doesn't actually check (since everything in there right now is Rating * a whole number), so when it tries to treat it as an integer it vomits in terror instead. I'll be fixin' that up for the next update.
Nebular
Build 223
  • loaded Ammo now uses the translated Ammo names
  • loaded Ammo now shows the names of plugins attached to the Ammo
  • Reload window now uses the translated Ammo names
  • Reload window now shows the names of plugins attached to each Ammo
  • added a Stack checkbox to the Select Gear window in Career Mode
  • adding Gear no longer stacks with existing items unless the Stack checkbox is checked when the item is added (see below)
  • purchasing additional quantity of Gear that has plugins deducts the correct amount of Nuyen
  • added support for splitting and merging Gear stacks
  • fixed an issue where adding certain Gear would incorrectly add Gear of the same name from a different Category
  • added support for Hacked Program Options
  • Gear Capacity is now rounded down to a minimum of 1 if the expression results in a non-whole number
  • added Capacity to Matrix Program, Simsense, and Program Options
  • the free Copy Protection and Registration Program Options are no longer automatically added to Matrix Program that do not have access to them (such as IC)
  • added support for loading individual clips in multiple-clip Weapons (see below)
Stacking Notes
When Stacking, Gear is matched by the combination of Name, Category, Rating, and selected values (such as selected Weapon Category or text). When clicking the + button next to Qty on the Gear tab, the selected item is the stack you will be adding to. When clicking the Add Gear button, the application adds the item to the first matching instance of Gear it can find.

Multiple-Clip Weapons
Career Mode now supports loading each clip of a multiple-clip Weapon (like the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki) individually. Each can have its own type of Ammo loaded and their counts and stats are tracked individually. When an Ammo slot is selected, the Ammo count, Weapon AP, Weapon Damage, and Weapon RC are updated to reflect the currently-selected Ammo. Clicking the Fire and Reload buttons affect the currently-selected Ammo slot.

New Strings
  • Title_SelectNumber
  • Title_SelectItem
  • Label_SelectGear_Stack
  • Tip_SplitGearQty
  • Tip_MergeGearQty
  • String_SplitGear
  • String_MergeGear
  • Message_CannotSplitGear
  • MessageTitle_CannotSplitGear
  • Message_CannotMergeGear
  • MessageTitle_CannotMergeGear
  • String_SlotNumber
  • String_Empty
McDougle
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 14 2011, 02:51 PM) *
If you need 2 Neurostun, 1 Narcoject, and 1 Pepperpunch Grenade, you'd create a stack of 2 Gas Grenades and then 2 stacks of 1 Grenade, adding the appropriate plugins to each.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 14 2011, 02:58 PM) *
I actually finished writing this last night! You can split a stack, specifying how many items should go into the new stack which appears in the same location as the current item, as well as having the ability to merge stacks.

SPLENDID!

This is everything we need! biggrin.gif

I just finished searching for(and not finding) a way to split stacks, because I thought you had already implemented it and I missed it(even though i read every updatesummary).
Then i saw the second quote. nyahnyah.gif
I hope you... frag that... i see the Update right now... I love you! love.gif
McDougle
Not-yet-implemented Idea:

Sort "Selected Weapons" and "Selected Armor" per drag and drop like Gear?
McDougle
3 posts after another suck, but i remember u said at some point, that you often oversee edits, so here we go:

Regardless of any actual updates my Chummer always opens the update-window and shows me the french translation "update" which I canīt even download(selecting wonīt do anything).
I always have to close that useless window- after that everything works properly.

->Should i redownload the chummer-exe, or is it a known problem?
deurk
QUOTE (McDougle @ Oct 14 2011, 10:19 PM) *
New Idea:

Sort "Selected Weapons" and "Selected Armor" per drag and drop like Gear?

New, not sure smile.gif
Why not add vehicules, armors and lifestyles along with it?
McDougle
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 15 2011, 12:32 AM) *
New, not sure smile.gif
Why not add vehicules, armors and lifestyles along with it?

Well, but a "not-yet-implemented" one. wink.gif

And yes, that is seconded. biggrin.gif
McDougle
Stacking is awesome(thanks!), but I canīt add chemicals and the like as a plugin to capsule-rounds(Splash Grenades seem to work great now, though).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012