Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Minimax le Rouge
hello,
i noticed 2 weird things:
I creat ed a Human, i can give him the "Human Looking" Quality.

And i can give Him Second-Hand Cultured Bioware.
Jazz
* Weapon accessories as items (like the silencer for exemple, because it's a consumable so you need to have a few ones in inventory just in case) ?
It seems hardcoded, I can't find the xml describing it.
Nebular
Skills and Qualities data files have been updated to correct their errors.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 18 2011, 04:49 AM) *
* Weapon accessories as items (like the silencer for exemple, because it's a consumable so you need to have a few ones in inventory just in case) ?
It seems hardcoded, I can't find the xml describing it.

Weapon Accessories and Mods are both found in the weapons.xml file. That XPath for Accessories is /chummer/accessories while Mods are in /chummer/mods.
Jazz
Xpath... Well err... Ok... (*googling and wikipeding*). Oh, XPath... I see ^^

What kind of software can I use to explore that ? That's quite something I'd use for other xml... (edit nvm, found one. Studying queries atm, I'm come from SQL, I'm a DB2 man ^^)

Oh, and do you plan to make accessories as items or should we custom them ?
Jazz
Hahaha, great. Look what I did in 15 minutes :
[ Spoiler ]

There's errors left but I could have done the same for any other category else. smile.gif
Jazz
* someone told on fr forum that home nodes for AI are missing.
ChatNoir
Wah, some trads are ... specials yo say the least biggrin.gif The first and last one for example are both funny and so wrong (so, also funny ^^)

And what the hell does a Rhino in the skills. spin.gif
Jazz
*Drone & Vehicle display panel is broken. there's two rating box, two quantity box, etc.

I had a non-existing xml error message crash moving ratings of sensors from these boxes in french version, for the MCT FlySpy drone in the 1st exemple of the packs.

I'm sorry I can't provide more details leading to that crash (for now).
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 18 2011, 11:41 AM) *
*Drone & Vehicle display panel is broken. there's two rating box, two quantity box, etc.

I had a non-existing xml error message crash moving ratings of sensors from these boxes in french version, for the MCT FlySpy drone in the 1st exemple of the packs.

I'm sorry I can't provide more details leading to that crash (for now).

In the French language file, you have "Rating:" (Label_Rating) and "Gear Rating:" (Label_GearRating) with the same content ("Indice:").
Stalag
Free Spirits:
  • Characters should be required to pick a tradition and their available powers should be limited by the spirit types available to that tradition.
  • Depending on the tradition, they should automatically get the Materialization or Possession power.
  • There are several qualities, beyond those listed in RC, that don't make sense for a Free Spirit (ex Changeling, Latent Dracomorphosis, Mysterious Implant, etc)
  • The "Cyberware and Bioware" tab should be hidden
  • The "Add Spirit" button should be disabled (Spirits can't summon spirits much less bind them)
  • The Conjuring skill group and related skills should be unavailable
  • While technically not prohibited, skills that involve the use of any form of electronic display don't make sense for Free Spirits since "spirits are un-able to see or interpret simsense, electronic projections on screens, or AR displays." (RC 92)
  • It would be nice, if possible, for the properties frame of the Spirit Pact power allow you to select the type of pact and enter the name of the person the pact is with (though not as required fields since entering into a pact is optional)
Kyrand
After updating, I'm receiving the following error:

"Could not load default language file!"

A friend is also having the issue on a different machine.
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 18 2011, 04:46 PM) *
In the French language file, you have "Rating:" (Label_Rating) and "Gear Rating:" (Label_GearRating) with the same content ("Indice:").

Yeah but... That is not the only problem...

A drone, or anything on a drone have only one Rating, if any.

Also, Gear rating and Rating translate as the same in french. If I had to translate "Gear rating:" as "Indice d'équipement:", that didn't fit. The official french translation team had the same fitting problem with Shadowrun Tables, so they used sometimes Indice for Gear Rating in some tables, and write sometime "Indice de l'équipement" ("Rating of the gear") instead of Gear Rating or "Indice d'équipement". "Indice d'équipement" is still the official term in the (official) glossary but I can't find a table with that in it. so I don't really know if there is a difference...

Anyway I do not know a single item in that game that have two different ratings, and two different quantity fields ("Qty" and "Quantity" in english). You really have to have two Rating and two Quantity ? (still for quantity, I have to find where I saw that)

There's also very strange behaviours leading to impossibilities to know what is the one that is in use.

Try this :
* create a dummy character
* add a MCT Fly-Spy
* clic on the drone's name. Notice everything is grey and un-editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* hit the down arrow key one time. Notice everything is grey and un-editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* hit the down arrow key one time. Notice Quantity become editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* hit the down arrow key one time. Notice Quantity and Rating (the "2" one) are editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* hit the up arrow key one time. Notice Quantity and Rating (the "2" one) stay editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* hit the up arrow key one time. Notice Quantity and Rating (the "2" one) stay editable. Both Ratings are 0/2, and quantity is 1.
* Delete the MCT Fly-Spy, the display stays. -> That's a glitch, because you can't edit things (comes back to grey status).

These boxes never come back to grey un-editable status. You can change them but without knowing what you changed...

And this have a second different working in carrier mode.
* Select a dummy char in carrier mode.
* Give him 10000000000000000 nuyen
* Buy a MCT Fly-Spy and redo the same thing. This time the top Rating field gives "2", and only when the cursor is placed on the appropriate Manoeuver item in the list, seem to work as intended and you can never edit them, even if you put a microphone on it (100% working as intended I think).
* Remove the MCT Fly-Spy, the display stays. -> That's a glitch, because you can't edit anything.

IMHO, one Quantity box and one Rating box is enough, especially if they are never to be lit together at once...

Ok, let's put that problem away... Let's try to put rated gear in drones, then, to see this second rating box in action... But... Err... I can't... Each rating box are greyed in the add gear -> select your gear screen sarcastic.gif (creation/carrier) (or that's me being that much knurd, let's work on that with my old friend red wine nyahnyah.gif)

I'm 100% sure I saw Qty and Quantity on the same screen somewhere in Chummer. It seems that isn't on drones, but I'm sure I saw that somewhere.

Where did I see that. Arg, I should have print screen. Or maybe that was from old drones screen. Hmmm...
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Kyrand @ Sep 18 2011, 01:57 PM) *
After updating, I'm receiving the following error:

"Could not load default language file!"

A friend is also having the issue on a different machine.

you probably missed an update a while back, i had a similar expeience and this was the outcome:

QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 7 2011, 03:49 PM) *
i started chummer today and got the most recent update.

then it flagged a warning: "Could not load default language file"

and now i can't access chummer at all.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 7 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Hmm, that's weird. There are only 2 ways this should be able to happen: either from updating from a build older than 184 to 190, or if the language file was not selected as part of the update process.

In any event, you can download the whole thing from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/chummer.zip. Just unzip it to your Chummer directory and you should be good to go.
The other option is to create the lang directory (if you don't already have it), download the language file from http://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/lang/en-us.xml (right-click and choose save as), then copy it to the lang directory.

QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 7 2011, 03:56 PM) *
it was due to the first,. i bet anything, cause i updated the one on my netbook which i havent used in a week.

thanks for the fast response.

Jazz
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 18 2011, 07:08 PM) *
This time the top Rating field gives "2"

hahaha... this time I tried to put "Indice" and "Indice d'Eq:" for the two labels, just to be sure that didn't sort the scrolling through fly options problem.

In carrier mode, it seem the display field next to the normal rating label is populated with the value "2" but in creation mode, only the field near Gear Rating is populated with the "2".

???

If I had a viper tongue, and I have, I'd say that makes my "no need two boxes" point quite valid ^^

edit- I'll stay with "Indice d'Eq:". Will give you that with the next release.
Jazz
Ooooooooh tragedy. Can't find my old red friend, there's not a damn (belgium nyahnyah.gif) beer left in the fridge and it's sunday evening.

I was thinking that maybe the Rating/Gear Rating problem is one source of PACKS parsing corruption problems... What do you think ?

A lot of these problems comes from overlapping <gear> things, especially when you have a drone, that have a sensor module, that have a camera, that have vision enhancement, all of these with different ratings.

Now if i say hello to another friend, I'll stop bug reporting in 10 minutes nyahnyah.gif
Shortstraw
added a flying eye and got

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.CharacterOptions.BookFromCode(String strCode)
at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedVehicle()
at Chummer.frmCreate.treVehicles_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

also I don't think they are supposed to have a toolkit
Jazz
* All legal software should come with Copy Protection and Registration options (UN p.108)

* You may want a new tab or enhance Lifestyle to manage per month costs (RA games, Body shops, Matrix services, free Software patches and so on)
Stalag
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 19 2011, 06:02 AM) *
* All legal software should come with Copy Protection and Registration options (UN p.108)

It also would be helpful if some things were arranged in terms of "Identity Management."

In theory, registered software, comlinks, bank accounts, living quarters, legally owned vehicles, Matrix subscriptions, licenses, etc should all be tied to a specific SIN.

To go along with this, taking one of the SINner qualities should automatically include a free SIN with the characters real name and country of origin (as entered on the main page).
Valnar
And another bug:
I built a character with SURGE Class II, and the 10 BP for the Handicap I had to take were actually added to my BP pool.

Edit: never mind, I was discounted 10 BP because I chose Metagenetic Improvement.
Jazz
* "Lucifer lamp bulb" is 100Y per hour, capped 500 hours, not only 100Y.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 19 2011, 12:09 PM) *
* "Lucifer lamp bulb" is 100Y per hour, capped 500 hours, not only 100Y.

Boost the Qty to match then. Anything with a per X quantifier (100Y/m, 100Y/hr, etc) is implemented like this. Price is set a the per X cost and Qty needs to be increased to bring it up to the length/duration/cost you're after.
Credstick
Are you going to add the 99 Bottles content?
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2841
Nebular
QUOTE (Credstick @ Sep 19 2011, 03:30 PM) *
Are you going to add the 99 Bottles content?
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2841

I was under the impression that it was just a fiction book with no stats. I have no intention of picking it up so unless someone has it and wants to supply the data for it, I won't be adding it.
esprism
Something about cyberlimbs parts in attributes average rating calculation :

Maybe there's a rule I miss but everybody don't count 5 parts for average attribute rating. (for example : 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 torso and 1 head)

Can we add a customisable number of parts for this average value in character sheet ?

Over point : "If you have any nuyen left over from Resources, you may add +1 to the dice roll for every 100¥ left over, up to a maximum of 3 times the number of dice rolled" SR4A p.88
It's not a priority but for High level lifestyles character it represent 12*500=6000 nuyens smile.gif
Elfy
Program's pretty neat!

I would love to see Swimming (and Flight - Pixies can fly) movement rates added to the 'Other Info' tab/printed character sheet output and for the qualities/'wares that modify it (x1.5 Swimming Rate with 'Functional Tail-Paddle Tail' and 'Cyberfins') updated to modify it.

Thanks for all your hard work! =)
Addric
There are several issues with the "The Athletes Way" adept power. Its supposed to unlock the prodigious physicality, but chummer wants artists way to unlock it. Also Prodigious Physicality is supposed to have up to 3 ranks and currently is only allowed one. I would be super appreciative if you could update this when you get the time.

Thanks for the great program.

Addric
Valnar
The program handles SWAT armor & form fitted armor as military grade armor when it comes to modifications, meaning upgrades that should be available (like PPP for SWAT armor) aren't and some upgrades reserved for military grade armor are available instead (like strength upgrade)
esprism
PPP is not a modification, you just wear it with another armor (or without) you choose. You can wear it with different armors.
Minimax le Rouge
hello,
when i add a cyberlimb, it should have the same Essence cost for a Standart one, or a Second-hand alphaware (-20% +20% = 0% discount). I have a 4% discount : 0.8*1.2=0.96.

Jazz
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Sep 21 2011, 01:20 PM) *
hello,
when i add a cyberlimb, it should have the same Essence cost for a Standart one, or a Second-hand alphaware (-20% +20% = 0% discount). I have a 4% discount : 0.8*1.2=0.96.

That's only depends if you count like US or Germany. As your nickname tell you may be french speaking, the french version of Arsenal comes from the german version for some parts, so this rounding rule maybe aswell.
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Sep 20 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Something about cyberlimbs parts in attributes average rating calculation :

Maybe there's a rule I miss but everybody don't count 5 parts for average attribute rating. (for example : 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 torso and 1 head)

Can we add a customisable number of parts for this average value in character sheet ?

Over point : "If you have any nuyen left over from Resources, you may add +1 to the dice roll for every 100¥ left over, up to a maximum of 3 times the number of dice rolled" SR4A p.88
It's not a priority but for High level lifestyles character it represent 12*500=6000 nuyens smile.gif

This was discussed WAAAY back in this thread. Everyone figured there were only 5 "cyberlimbs" - 2 arms, 2 legs, and there was much discussion as to whether it was the head or the torso that counted as the 5th. Now that I'm looking back through the book, all 6 of those are listed under the Cyberlimb table, so I'm wondering if it in fact should be 6 limbs instead of 5.

The Nuyen bit is already factored into the Lifestyle stuff when moving a character from Create Mode to Career Mode. Instead of just showing XD6, the text will read XD6 + Y if you have unspent Nuyen.
Nebular
QUOTE (Elfy @ Sep 20 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Program's pretty neat!

I would love to see Swimming (and Flight - Pixies can fly) movement rates added to the 'Other Info' tab/printed character sheet output and for the qualities/'wares that modify it (x1.5 Swimming Rate with 'Functional Tail-Paddle Tail' and 'Cyberfins') updated to modify it.

Thanks for all your hard work! =)

Good idea! I'll add this to the list o' stuff to do.
Nebular
QUOTE (Addric @ Sep 20 2011, 04:32 PM) *
There are several issues with the "The Athletes Way" adept power. Its supposed to unlock the prodigious physicality, but chummer wants artists way to unlock it. Also Prodigious Physicality is supposed to have up to 3 ranks and currently is only allowed one. I would be super appreciative if you could update this when you get the time.

Thanks for the great program.

Addric

Adept Powers file has been updated to correct this! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Valnar @ Sep 21 2011, 07:14 AM) *
The program handles SWAT armor & form fitted armor as military grade armor when it comes to modifications, meaning upgrades that should be available (like PPP for SWAT armor) aren't and some upgrades reserved for military grade armor are available instead (like strength upgrade)

As esprism mentioned, PPP is actually worn Armor and behaves in the exact same was as Helmets and Shields. They're just put on and don't belong to a specific piece of Armor. I'll look into the Military Grade Armor thing though. It looks like everything is allowed to add mods from all categories instead of General and its own which isn't right.
Minimax le Rouge
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 21 2011, 03:59 PM) *
That's only depends if you count like US or Germany. As your nickname tell you may be french speaking, the french version of Arsenal comes from the german version for some parts, so this rounding rule maybe aswell.

I read Augmentation on more time. I have make an interpretation of the rule: It's a 1.2 Multiplier, i was interpreting this as a Streamline rule by converting it in a 20% downgrade. My bad
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Sep 21 2011, 08:20 AM) *
hello,

The number show is in fact correct. In most cases, you add together all of the percentage modifiers, get a total number, and multiply the base ESS cost by that amount. Second-Hand Cyberware is a little different. The Second-Hand modifier is not included in this total percentage modifier. It is applied after the adjustment calculation. You apply the Alphware (0.8 ) modifier first, get your result, then apply the Second-Hand (1.2) modifier after that, which effectively makes the modifier 0.96 as you pointed out and is the correct number.

Here's the example from the English printing of Augmentation (it uses an item with an ESS cost of 2 for the example):
The base Essence cost of the implant would be 1.92 (the original 2 Essence cost for Rating 2 muscle replacement x 0.8 for alphaware grade x 1.2 for the second-hand state of the implant), while the Availability would be 9R (10R for the original implant,–1 for being second-hand) and the cost 10,000¥ (10,000¥ x 2 x 0.5).

Edit: we both posted at the exact same time I see. Well, if nothing else, this will at least explain to everyone why it works this way. biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Thorguild @ Sep 13 2011, 07:37 PM) *
That would be great! The token is both the visual representation of your character on the map, and the repository for the character information. It is represented by a .jpg and allows you to make your rolls with the appropriate dice pools.

I found myself wishing in our last session that I could pull up several corpsec guards, and plop them straight down into tokens.

Thanks for considering it.

Thorguild

So I took a look at MapTools with the SR4 plugin and it unfortunately doesn't look like this will be possible as it looks as though you can only create characters from within MapTools. There doesn't appear to be a way to actually import character data from an external source unless I have completely missed something. The only thing I can find that lets you open/import something is to open a campaign file.
Addric
Thanks for the fix! This program is an incredible help
EpicSpire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 21 2011, 10:20 AM) *
So I took a look at MapTools with the SR4 plugin and it unfortunately doesn't look like this will be possible as it looks as though you can only create characters from within MapTools. There doesn't appear to be a way to actually import character data from an external source unless I have completely missed something. The only thing I can find that lets you open/import something is to open a campaign file.

actually i think there is,.. there is a program called Character Tools for use with the maptool program.

i never used it, but i think someone with your skills will probably figure it out a lot easier than i could describe it.

here is the link:

http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#CharTool

i could be wrong, like i said i never used the character tool. but i think it was designed for something like this.
Jazz
I want to mention Nurw0d4sh, who is making a combat assistant aswell. Unfortunally this one is in french only "for the moment".

http://bdournon.free.fr/assistantsr4/index.php

He said he's got the intention to import characters from Chummer aswell.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 21 2011, 02:24 PM) *
I want to mention Nurw0d4sh, who is making a combat assistant aswell. Unfortunally this one is in french only "for the moment".

http://bdournon.free.fr/assistantsr4/index.php

He said he's got the intention to import characters from Chummer aswell.

Neat! Saves me the trouble of writing one then. I've been wanting one for a while but have been putting all of my time into Chummer instead. biggrin.gif
Registered to take a look at it (thanks to Google Translate) but the email activation isn't working for me. nyahnyah.gif
Jazz
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 21 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Registered to take a look at it (thanks to Google Translate) but the email activation isn't working for me. nyahnyah.gif

I told him wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Sep 21 2011, 05:29 PM) *
I told him wink.gif

Thanks. Managed to get it activated. He should probably setup a thread for it here. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicSpire @ Sep 21 2011, 11:47 AM) *
actually i think there is,.. there is a program called Character Tools for use with the maptool program.

i never used it, but i think someone with your skills will probably figure it out a lot easier than i could describe it.

here is the link:

http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads#CharTool

i could be wrong, like i said i never used the character tool. but i think it was designed for something like this.

Ah, ok. I never did take a look at their other stuff. Thought they would be independent tools. I'll check out Character Tools and see if that lets me do something.
ChatNoir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 21 2011, 04:31 PM) *
This was discussed WAAAY back in this thread. Everyone figured there were only 5 "cyberlimbs" - 2 arms, 2 legs, and there was much discussion as to whether it was the head or the torso that counted as the 5th. Now that I'm looking back through the book, all 6 of those are listed under the Cyberlimb table, so I'm wondering if it in fact should be 6 limbs instead of 5.

The Nuyen bit is already factored into the Lifestyle stuff when moving a character from Create Mode to Career Mode. Instead of just showing XD6, the text will read XD6 + Y if you have unspent Nuyen.

There was a topic about that on our French forum (well, the one I'm using anyway ^^). The idea was that 5 was closer to the reality because having STR and BOD stat on a cyberhead was just not that realistic. But those stats seem relevent for a cybertorso.
Shortstraw
is the neck part of the cyber torso or cyber skull? Because you need str for head-butts.
esprism
I count 6 parts by default.

For damage, I count 6 parts for BOD because it's general. (some others may chose 7 parts to keep "native" (internal) attribute plus 6 body parts)

But if someone don't use his head for leverage for example I count 5 parts. Or one part (1 arm) for a heavy pistol shot.

For some tests, we count the lowest attribute off all parts as mention the rule.

5 parts is not bad, but since there's no clear rule. Offer to choose in program options is better imo.
Dakka Dakka
Actually cyber skull and torso are described as being only shells. As such you could use the natural attributes. Whether you can modify them via customization or limb enhancement is not clear. For the latter both, especially the skull, does not have enough capacity to bring it up to the level of the other limbs.

And yes it is 6. Whether you use your head or not.
Nebular
And so 6 it shall be! (in the next update) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012