Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
Reaction Enhancers pay off! biggrin.gif
ShadowWalker
just noticed that the autosofts from Unwired are missing from the autosoft category when adding gear to vehicles.
They are on page 113 to 114. I've not checked to see if the Autosofts available for agents only are there in the data. They are on page 112 to 113.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 22 2011, 10:05 PM) *
Reaction Enhancers pay off! biggrin.gif

Got mine too!
The 2 files (fr and fr-data) are updated with the recent changes and fixes you mentionned. Want them?
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 22 2011, 08:50 PM) *
Sorry, I won't allow translations or any external files hide anything. Translation files are there to change the names of things, not determine what can or cannot be seen.

The only entry that does not appear in the FR book so far is that 'Collapsible Heavy Pistol'.
I really think it is a bug since it can be found in the Arsenal table, but nowhere within the text of the book. Maybe it should just get removed from the US file as well.
ShadowWalker
Is there a way to add weapons to vehicles that are not mounted?
Vehicle with arms can carry and fire a firearm with those arms using the appropriate skill instead of gunnery.

The Internal/External Smartgun System Firearm Accessory is capable of being equipped with vision enhancers. Right clicking only gives the option to add notes.

Would you mind adding the "Delete" to the context sensitive popup menu for gear, vehicles, firearms, etc.

Also the Smartlink vision enhancement requires on image link to be installed. that can be found on page 333 of SR4A under Smartlink. Right now it's letting you put one in without the Image Link.

The Drone Pilot Quality should probably be removed as it was replaced with Pilot Origin.
Pilot Origin and Ghost in the Machine should be mutually exclusive as one states the AI is from a Pilot Program and the other says the AI is all that's left from an Ex-Meat Suit.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 23 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Pilot Origin and Ghost in the Machine should be mutually exclusive as one states the AI is from a Pilot Program and the other says the AI is all that's left from an Ex-Meat Suit.

What if the AI used to be a cyborg brain?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Oct 23 2011, 12:59 AM) *
What if the AI used to be a cyborg brain?

bah, okay meat in the brain pan as opposed to silicon or whatever it is they use as replacement for silicon. nyahnyah.gif
And just to be on the safe side, the description of Pilot Origin says the AI used to be a pilot program not a rigger of some sort. smile.gif
Nebular
I've done some more fiddling around with Mono. I didn't grab anything from their GitHub as I have no idea how to grab that stuff, don't really want to read up on it, and don't want to figure out how to build everything for Windows once I've grabbed it all. I did, however, grab GtkSharp 2.12.10 and MonoDevelop 2.8.1 for Windows from the Mono Develop website. Ran the latest build of Chummer using MonDevelop's debug executable process so everything in running in the Mono/GtkSharp context and it all seems to be working as intended and not throwing any errors. Mono isn't my area of expertise so I can't tell you what you'll need for your own operating system, but it appears as though GtkSharp 2.12.10 is the key. I've included the dump of all binary version information from MonoDevelop in the spoiler field below if anyone can make use of it to figure out what they'll need to grab. smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 22 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Got mine too!
The 2 files (fr and fr-data) are updated with the recent changes and fixes you mentionned. Want them?

Yes please! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 22 2011, 05:47 PM) *
The only entry that does not appear in the FR book so far is that 'Collapsible Heavy Pistol'.
I really think it is a bug since it can be found in the Arsenal table, but nowhere within the text of the book. Maybe it should just get removed from the US file as well.

Sadly this isn't the first time this has happened in the English SR4 books. There are a number of items that have appeared in tables but not in actual item description text, items that appear as description text but not entered in tables, items that have been given the wrong description and/or table information, items completely forgotten but added back in errata, tables in one place saying an item's price and other info is one set of numbers while the summary at the back of the book gives you completely different numbers, items that are mentioned in the "here's what's new in SR4A" conversion/FAQ text and then completely left out of the book by mistake, errata getting the "correct" values wrong, and new books that supposedly display all of the correct information showing incorrect information (I'm looking at you Runner's Toolkit!). So it appears to be just standard wacky behaviour from Catalyst again. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 22 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Is there a way to add weapons to vehicles that are not mounted?
Vehicle with arms can carry and fire a firearm with those arms using the appropriate skill instead of gunnery.

... more stuff - sort later - late night - sleep! ...

At the moment, no. I believe most of the support for this already exists though as they were the first thing I added when I created Vehicles before remembering that they needed weapon mounts. I think it's just a matter of removing the check for a weapon mount when attempting to add a Weapon to a Vehicle, but I'll have to double-check.
deurk
Nebular,

Can you tell me where those are, I cannot find them anywhere in cyberware.xml.
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks.
ChatNoir
Nice update, I can now put my party logs with my character. smile.gif
deurk
Nebular,

'Vehicle Heavy Mortar Round: Gas' is incorrectly referencing Arsenal, p.176. It's source should be WAR!, p.176.

Thanks.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2011, 06:41 AM) *
Sadly this isn't the first time this has happened in the English SR4 books. There are a number of items that have appeared in tables but not in actual item description text, items that appear as description text but not entered in tables, items that have been given the wrong description and/or table information, items completely forgotten but added back in errata, tables in one place saying an item's price and other info is one set of numbers while the summary at the back of the book gives you completely different numbers, items that are mentioned in the "here's what's new in SR4A" conversion/FAQ text and then completely left out of the book by mistake, errata getting the "correct" values wrong, and new books that supposedly display all of the correct information showing incorrect information (I'm looking at you Runner's Toolkit!). So it appears to be just standard wacky behaviour from Catalyst again. nyahnyah.gif

Agreed. Question is: will you remove it from US data?
enkidu
Having a small issue.

The face in our group recently looted some activesofts. Unfortunately, I can't unequip them and they are now adding to his dice pool for each skill despite him not having the cyberware to use them.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 06:56 AM) *

There are items that are only in the French and german books that have been translated and are now in the english files.
Why not translate this item and have it in the french files? Just because it's not in the french book doesn't mean you can't use it.
deurk
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Oct 23 2011, 02:26 PM) *
There are items that are only in the French and german books that have been translated and are now in the english files.
Why not translate this item and have it in the french files? Just because it's not in the french book doesn't mean you can't use it.

Have you seen the related posts? It only appears in a table, without any explanation about it in the texts. I have no worries getting this translated and added to the french data, but I just want to make sure it has some value first.
deurk
Also, how does one use the translated xml file for the character sheets?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 06:56 AM) *

No sir.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 10:20 AM) *
Also, how does one use the translated xml file for the character sheets?

You don't. The translated data is written to the generated print XML, but in order to have a the rest of the text translated, the new copy of the sheet needs to be created for the desired language.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 09:53 AM) *
Have you seen the related posts? It only appears in a table, without any explanation about it in the texts. I have no worries getting this translated and added to the french data, but I just want to make sure it has some value first.

There are two other collapsible weapons in the Arsenal book. They both use the exact same rules for how the collapse. I would suggest that this weapon works the same way.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 06:13 AM) *
Nebular,

Can you tell me where those are, I cannot find them anywhere in cyberware.xml.
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks.

That's basically what that output is saying. <noentry> means that you have entries in the translation file that don't exist in the actual data files.

I've updated the Cybeware file to include the missing TRACES and SEIES items. Extra Doses doesn't exist because it has been rolled into the cost of the Auto-Injectors: the Rating determines the number of doses the item has. I don't know where you're finding Hollow Cyberlimb/Cybertorso as I con't find any mention of them in any of the English books. Cosmetic Modification does not exist in the data file because it is simply far too generic to convert into a set of known values. With a Rating of 2 - 12 and a cost of 200 - 10,000 that is independent of the Rating, I can't generate a formula to do that either. This is one of those items that you would need to create a custom data entry with the specific values you wanted if you ever wanted to use it.
Nebular
QUOTE (enkidu @ Oct 23 2011, 07:59 AM) *
Having a small issue.

The face in our group recently looted some activesofts. Unfortunately, I can't unequip them and they are now adding to his dice pool for each skill despite him not having the cyberware to use them.

I'll have this fixed in the next update. Skills were checking the Ratings of any related Skillsofts but were forgetting to first check to see if the character even had the Skillwires to use them. nyahnyah.gif For now you can just select the Skillsoft and clear the Equipped checkbox for it which should remove their effect on the character.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2011, 04:13 PM) *
I don't know where you're finding Hollow Cyberlimb/Cybertorso as I con't find any mention of them in any of the English books.

Runner's Companion, Post-Mortem Modifications, page 35.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Runner's Companion, Post-Mortem Modifications, page 35.

Ah, I was checking in the compiled tables booklet from Runner's Toolkit, but it doesn't list them because they're non-functional. I believe I left those out for the same reason - they're for a corpse, aren't technically Cyberware, and have no actual function in game terms.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2011, 03:52 PM) *
You don't. The translated data is written to the generated print XML, but in order to have a the rest of the text translated, the new copy of the sheet needs to be created for the desired language.

Hmmm, ok, not sure I follow but I'm completely clueless about XML/XSLT so far. Need to read a bit about it.
I've translated the default sheet and it's ready to get filled with translated data:
'Shadowrun 4 Base FR.xslt'
'Shadowrun 4 FR.xsl'
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Ah, I was checking in the compiled tables booklet from Runner's Toolkit, but it doesn't list them because they're non-functional. I believe I left those out for the same reason - they're for a corpse, aren't technically Cyberware, and have no actual function in game terms.

Gotcha.

BTW, did you get my emails? I've received no answer so far.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 11:49 AM) *
Gotcha.

BTW, did you get my emails? I've received no answer so far.

Yup, got 'em. Posted the upgraded French UI translation file. Took a quick peek at your tracking thing but since it's all in French I can only make sense of bits and pieces of it. smile.gif I use BugNET on my machine to track everything so I'm fine for tracking stuff.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Yup, got 'em. Posted the upgraded French UI translation file. Took a quick peek at your tracking thing but since it's all in French I can only make sense of bits and pieces of it. smile.gif I use BugNET on my machine to track everything so I'm fine for tracking stuff.

I'll set up an example one in English, just for kicks.
deurk
Got a weird result from 'Verify data' on the latest version:
[ Spoiler ]

Any idea?
Jazz
In lifestyles.xml
* none of advanced lifestyle translation works (qualities and comfort and stuff)
Jazz
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 22 2011, 10:43 PM) *
Got mine too!

Hey, hey, hey. Calmos mec. C'est justement pour éviter ce genre de truc que je bossais seul... Parce que dans le genre "je viens de faire la trad, tu overwrite", ca se pose là.
deurk
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 23 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Hey, hey, hey. Calmos mec. C'est justement pour éviter ce genre de truc que je bossais seul... Parce que dans le genre "je viens de faire la trad, tu overwrite", ca se pose là.

2 choses:

- On ne me dit pas 'mec' à moins de faire une vieille imitation d'Eddy Murphy (Le flic de Miami: "Hey, ca va les mecs?!"), je n'aime pas cette expression, surtout quand c'est négatif.
- C'est un forum anglais. Je te propose de laver notre linge sale ailleurs wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 23 2011, 02:06 PM) *
Got a weird result from 'Verify data' on the latest version:
[ Spoiler ]

Any idea?

Forgot all about the ranges file! It shouldn't be verifying the contents of that file at all since it doesn't have anything that can be translated. I'll strip that out in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 23 2011, 05:14 PM) *
In lifestyles.xml
* none of advanced lifestyle translation works (qualities and comfort and stuff)

This will be corrected in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Oct 23 2011, 05:14 PM) *
In lifestyles.xml

My hope is that we can get most of these translation issues sorted out by Nov 7th so I can get them cleaned up for an update on Nov 10th. I'm on vacation from Nov 11 - 20 and don't plan on doing any development during that time 'cause I need the mental break and Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, and Assassin's Creed are all released in that time frame so I'm gonna game 'til I puke! biggrin.gif

That doesn't mean all of the translations need to be done by then - I'd just like to identify and fix what is or isn't using translations properly by then if possible since there will be a strench of 9+ days of no updates.
deurk
Haha, not even going for Uncharted 3?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 24 2011, 10:30 AM) *
Haha, not even going for Uncharted 3?

Blech. Absolutely hated the first one.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 24 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Blech. Absolutely hated the first one.

Don't want to hijack the topic, but if you haven't tride the 2nd one, you should definitely give it a shot!
deurk
Going for gears, here are a few things I've noticed:
- Page refs for Firewall and System are wrong, it's 222, not 232
- Page refs for programs are wrong, they state 330 but it's 232 and following pages
- Page ref for spare clip is wrong, it's 322, not 332
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 24 2011, 11:10 AM) *
Going for gears, here are a few things I've noticed:
- Page refs for Firewall and System are wrong, it's 222, not 232
- Page refs for programs are wrong, they state 330 but it's 232 and following pages
- Page ref for spare clip is wrong, it's 322, not 332

The description for Firewall is actually 221 (I use the page where the item's description starts), and Spare Clip is 323, but yes, what's in the file is completely wrong. smile.gif

Gear data file has been updated to correc these.
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 24 2011, 04:47 PM) *
The description for Firewall is actually 221 (I use the page where the item's description starts), and Spare Clip is 323, but yes, what's in the file is completely wrong. smile.gif

Gear data file has been updated to correc these.

lol, thanks smile.gif
deurk
Another question:
Weapon categories displayed when you choose (or own) ammunition is still in English. Can you fix that?

Thanks.
deurk
Camera Neutralizer is from Arsenal, not Augmentation.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Oct 24 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Another question:
Weapon categories displayed when you choose (or own) ammunition is still in English. Can you fix that?

Thanks.

Looks like this happens with a few other items as well. I'll have this fixed for the next update. The Neutralizer will be a part of that as well, just in case you find more mistakes between now and then. smile.gif
deurk
QUOTE ( @ Oct 23 2011, 03:52 PM) *

Hmmm, ok, not sure I follow but I'm completely clueless about XML/XSLT so far. Need to read a bit about it.
I've translated the default sheet and it's ready to get filled with translated data:
'Shadowrun 4 Base FR.xslt'
'Shadowrun 4 FR.xsl'

Any answer to this?
deurk
Hacker Nanites: page 200, not 165.
deurk
Custom peripheral, book code is UN, not UW.
deurk
Can you also remove from the verify data check:
- the missing <code> warning?
- costs from lifestyles?

Thanks.

We're pretty much done with french translation, just limited by available material now.
Jazz will come back to you once we have consolidated all our work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012