Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Dec 15 2011, 01:45 AM) *
Kinda figured that, from trying to learn the code as well (and cramping my brain in the process). And well, not just the tabs but also access to the MAGIC attribute as well in the first tab.

And don't forget my post about grouping armor suites in the previous page. Might've gotten lost in the shuffle.

I'll have the logic for removing access to Special Attributes, tabs, etc. revised in the next update to get around that problem. I've added armor suites to the list, but not sure when I'll get around to looking at that (or quite how I'll do it just yet).
SpellBinder
Thought the armor suites thing could be done in a similar fashion as the Gear tab where you've got the "Add Location" button. No rush, of course, as I'm sure you've got more important things to work on. And I'm sure whatever you come up with will work great.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 15 2011, 02:34 PM) *
I'll have the logic for removing access to Special Attributes, tabs, etc. revised in the next update to get around that problem. I've added armor suites to the list, but not sure when I'll get around to looking at that (or quite how I'll do it just yet).

you could do something similar to locations in gear, just call it suites instead, and then have the suites have the equiped check box.
Cojuzei
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 15 2011, 06:33 AM) *
This is already supported. Options window > House Rules tab > Max Spirit Force and Mystic Adept Power Levels based on total MAG Attribute

Ah, so Chummer considers it a houserule. I'll keep that in mind next time. I still think it should be the default, since it's not in an optional rule box.
Cojuzei
Also, I think you skipped right over one of my earlier posts. Homeground (autosoft, agent) still needs to have its max rating increased to 6, not 3.
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 15 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Also, I think you skipped right over one of my earlier posts. Homeground (autosoft, agent) still needs to have its max rating increased to 6, not 3.

Must have missed updating that when I updated the rest of the programs in the Gear file. It has been updated to correct this.
ShadowWalker
Could you add charges to stun weapons.
For example the Stun Staff has 15 charges. It would be nice if they can be treated the same way firearms are.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 15 2011, 03:33 PM) *
This is already supported. Options window > House Rules tab > Max Spirit Force and Mystic Adept Power Levels based on total MAG Attribute

Always great to think of some obscure feature and see that it's already implemented smile.gif

Plus hot off the presses, two bugs from yesterday's session:
  • Improved Sensor Array vehicle mod doesn't seem to do anything
  • ...which is kinda moderated by the fact that Chummer does not complain if a sensor has -20 remaining capacity wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 17 2011, 06:47 AM) *
Always great to think of some obscure feature and see that it's already implemented smile.gif

Plus hot off the presses, two bugs from yesterday's session:
  • Improved Sensor Array vehicle mod doesn't seem to do anything
  • ...which is kinda moderated by the fact that Chummer does not complain if a sensor has -20 remaining capacity wink.gif

The snag with Improved Sensor Array is that not all Vehicles come with the same sensor size pre-installed, and there's nothing that's actually stopping a player from adding extra sensors to the Vehicle, so I cannot accurate detect which sensor the Vehicle came with and replace it. From what I recall (it's early and the brain is still a little foggy so I may be wrong), there are rules in Arsenal that let you actually go over the sensor's capacity limit as well. What I may end up doing is adding a setting that toggles enforcing of Capacity rules since some GMs may allow players to go over.
Nebular
Build 265
  • Biowires Echo now creates a Skillwire Improvement so that Technomancers with this Echo can thread Skillsofts
  • fixed an issue where Skillsofts were not being properly limited by the character's Skillwire Rating
  • quickly opening/closing groups in the Select Complex Form and Select Spell windows without an item selected no longer throws an error
  • Advanced Lifestyles can now be renamed when editing them
  • fixed an issue where selecting a custom PACKS Kit that contained custom Knowledge Skills would throw an error
  • Bonded Foci no longer attempt to re-create their Improvements when a character's Gear is updated
  • Improvement Manager now only removes access to Special Attributes, tabs, Uncouth, Uneducated, and Infirm if the Improvement being removed is the only remaining item granting access to that item
  • removing Critter Powers now correctly removes any Improvements it created
  • Critter Powers no longer show selected values twice
  • Active Skill tooltip now includes the Skill's Category
  • items with notes now appear in brown text for easier identification
  • Foci that should ask for a selected value now ask for and remember it when they are first added to the character instead of when their Rating changes
  • Foci now show their selected value when appropriate
  • Shock and Stun Weapons now have Ammo information and can be reloaded using Ammo: Stun Charge
  • added support for Override Data Files (see below)
Override Data Files
Similar to Custom Data Files, Override Data Files let you override individual items, replacing the base data with your own version (for example, changing the cost and damage for a Weapon). These follow the same naming rules as Custom Data Files but use "override" as their prefix (such as override_weapons.xml). Multiple Override files can exist for the same type (such as multiple Override files for Weapons), and the files are loaded in alphabetical order after loading the base data files. The item in the Override file completely replaces the base item. This is not intended to be used for holding your new custom data as the XML Manager will only overwrite existing items; it will not add items that do not exist in the base data files. Use at your own risk.

New Strings
  • Checkbox_Option_EnforceCapacity
  • Message_CapacityReached
  • Message_CapacityReachedValidate
Deleted Strings (replaced by Message_CapacityReached)
  • Message_CapacityReachedCyberware
  • Message_CapacityReachedGear
Tashiro
Looks awesome.
Out of curiosity, will you have something for Quickens / Anchors? A few of my players have purchased Quickens, and one has a bonus to her Logic, which I can't replicate in the document (that I'm aware of).
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 17 2011, 04:39 PM) *
The snag with Improved Sensor Array is that not all Vehicles come with the same sensor size pre-installed

Sure, but what sensor size is installed can be found in the vehicles.xml, and Chummer obviously has some code like case "minidrone sensor": capacity = 3 to determine what the sensor capacity of a minidrone is. So if the user adds the Improved Sensor Array, all you would have to do is replace the entry in the .chum file with the next higher category (e.g. "minidrone sensor" -> "small drone sensor")...and add a case "extra-large drone sensor":....

Or is there some snag I'm overlooking?
Minimax le Rouge
in creation mode, the Living Personna of my TM isn't correct : i have a logic 6 and Resonnace 4, it give me a System 6.
when printing the character Sheet, the Living Personna scores are correct.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 17 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Build 265
[*]Biowires Echo now creates a Skillwire Improvement so that Technomancers with this Echo can thread Skillsofts

can't manage to find that :/
i feel stupid, somebody can explain me how to use this to learn a skillwire complex form?
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Dec 18 2011, 10:38 AM) *
in creation mode, the Living Personna of my TM isn't correct : i have a logic 6 and Resonnace 4, it give me a System 6.
when printing the character Sheet, the Living Personna scores are correct.

can't manage to find that :/
i feel stupid, somebody can explain me how to use this to learn a skillwire complex form?

Skillwires is never a Complex Form - the Biowires Echo just gives you access to Skillwires in the same way that the Skillwires Cyberware does (with a Rating equal to your Submersion Grade). It behaves in the exact same way as the Cyberware Skillwires; add Activesoft/Linguasoft/Knowsoft to your character and it will affect your Skills.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 17 2011, 02:13 PM) *
Sure, but what sensor size is installed can be found in the vehicles.xml, and Chummer obviously has some code like case "minidrone sensor": capacity = 3 to determine what the sensor capacity of a minidrone is. So if the user adds the Improved Sensor Array, all you would have to do is replace the entry in the .chum file with the next higher category (e.g. "minidrone sensor" -> "small drone sensor")...and add a case "extra-large drone sensor":....

Or is there some snag I'm overlooking?

That makes sense. Apparently it's pretty easy to overlook the obvious. biggrin.gif
McDougle
-items with notes now appear in brown text for easier identification
-Shock and Stun Weapons now have Ammo information and can be reloaded using Ammo: Stun Charge

This is great news! biggrin.gif
I was hoping those would be implemented some day. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 18 2011, 01:36 PM) *
Skillwires is never a Complex Form - the Biowires Echo just gives you access to Skillwires in the same way that the Skillwires Cyberware does (with a Rating equal to your Submersion Grade). It behaves in the exact same way as the Cyberware Skillwires; add Activesoft/Linguasoft/Knowsoft to your character and it will affect your Skills.

Actually you can in fact turn a Threaded Activesoft/Linguasoft or Knowsoft into a permanent Complex Form by paying an amount of karma equal to the Rating of the Threaded skill +1 karma for each program option or program option rating.
It's under Emulation on page 149 of Unwired.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 17 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Build 265[list]

b]Override Data Files[/b]
Similar to Custom Data Files, Override Data Files let you override individual items, replacing the base data with your own version (for example, changing the cost and damage for a Weapon). These follow the same naming rules as Custom Data Files but use "override" as their prefix (such as override_weapons.xml). Multiple Override files can exist for the same type (such as multiple Override files for Weapons), and the files are loaded in alphabetical order after loading the base data files. The item in the Override file completely replaces the base item. This is not intended to be used for holding your new custom data as the XML Manager will only overwrite existing items; it will not add items that do not exist in the base data files. Use at your own risk.

Really happy about this. Thanks much.
SpellBinder
Two things I noticed about moving gear between the Gear & Vehicle tabs... One: Moving a commlink over causes programs to dump their chosen options (like Crashguard & Armor Piercing) for the defaults (Copy Protection & Registration). Two: More of a theory at this point, but I've had two character sheets become unopenable and I think it's related to moving the aforementioned commlinks from one tab to another.
Forgotten_Lore
Thank you to Nebular for the creation of the most useful character generator for any game I have played. And thanks to all those giving feedback to make it even better.

Coming back to the game after a 4 year hiatus and this has helped win over my players who are new to Shadowrun. cyber.gif
Minimax le Rouge
hi, i'm back with my Skillsoft problems :
buying a Pirated skillsoft then trying to change is rating lead to :
[ Spoiler ]

No problem when the skillsoft isn't pirated

Edit :
Maybe you missed this one Nebular :
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1127593
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Dec 19 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Two things I noticed about moving gear between the Gear & Vehicle tabs... One: Moving a commlink over causes programs to dump their chosen options (like Crashguard & Armor Piercing) for the defaults (Copy Protection & Registration). Two: More of a theory at this point, but I've had two character sheets become unopenable and I think it's related to moving the aforementioned commlinks from one tab to another.

Is it the character sheets (printed files) that you cannot open or the actual character save files that are having the problem? Just want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Dec 20 2011, 02:06 AM) *
hi, i'm back with my Skillsoft problems :
buying a Pirated skillsoft then trying to change is rating lead to :

No problem when the skillsoft isn't pirated

Edit :
Maybe you missed this one Nebular :
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1127593

The Skillsoft Rating thing will be fixed in the next update. I completely missed the Hacked Skillsoft Cluster item, so thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the Gear file so that Skillsofts have their proper Capacity. The issue you mentioned with Analyze will also be fixed in the next update. I'm changing how Capacity rules are enforced by turning it into an option (enabled by default). You can go over Capacity as much as you like in Create Mode, but if the option is turned on, it will cause a validation error when trying to move the character to Career Mode (like the other validation rules). In Career Mode with the option on, it won't let you go over the Capacity limit at all.
Nebular
The Weapons, Gear, Vehicles, and Books data files have been updated to include the content from the new State of the Art 2073 book.
Cojuzei
Something one of my players brought up. Page 148 Arsenel, a lot of the recoil comp bonuses don't actually stack. Not sure if this was intentional, but everything stacks with everything else for RC.
Nebular
QUOTE (Cojuzei @ Dec 21 2011, 01:23 PM) *
Something one of my players brought up. Page 148 Arsenel, a lot of the recoil comp bonuses don't actually stack. Not sure if this was intentional, but everything stacks with everything else for RC.

Well that's an interesting find. I'll try to work this into the next update as an option.
Nebular
Build 269
  • fixed an issue where the Equipped checkbox on the Gear tab in Career Mode would never get enabled
  • Living Persona Attributes show on the Complex Forms tab are now correctly limited by the character's RES Attribute
  • added an option for enforce Capacity limits (enabled by default)
  • Capacity limits are now checked when attempting to move a character from Create Mode to Career Mode when enforcing Capacity limits is enabled
  • Capacity limits are now checked when attempting to add items in Career Mode when enforcing Capacity limits is enabled
  • fixed an issue where trying to change the Rating of a Hacked Skillsoft in Create Mode would throw an error
  • Skillsoft Clusters can now be Hacked
  • moving Gear between a Vehicle and inventory now re-creates the proper plugins
  • added an optional for Use Restrictions to Recoil Compensation (AR 148) (enabled by default)
  • fixed an issue where language files were not mapped to the proper language in the Options window
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Options_UseRestrictionsToRecoilCompensation
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 20 2011, 08:58 PM) *
Is it the character sheets (printed files) that you cannot open or the actual character save files that are having the problem? Just want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing. smile.gif

Thought I'd update before posting, just to make sure it didn't get cleared somehow. It was the actual save file itself that couldn't be re-opened, though in retesting (and having since destroyed the issue file in the process), I think the issue may have in deed been connected to the commlink plugin issue I mentioned. Seems to be cleared now, but I'll repost if I notice this again.
Minimax le Rouge
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 18 2011, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Dec 19 2011, 12:04 AM) *
Actually you can in fact turn a Threaded Activesoft/Linguasoft or Knowsoft into a permanent Complex Form by paying an amount of karma equal to the Rating of the Threaded skill +1 karma for each program option or program option rating.
It's under Emulation on page 149 of Unwired.

I agree with ShadowWalker, it should be possible to turn a Skillwire into a Complex Form by spending Karma.

Another problem, with the Acceleration Echo (UW 147):
It grants the character +1 Initiative Pass, but not the +1 Reaction

And once again, thank you for this amazing work.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Dec 24 2011, 01:31 AM) *
I agree with ShadowWalker, it should be possible to turn a Skillwire into a Complex Form by spending Karma.

Another problem, with the Acceleration Echo (UW 147):
It grants the character +1 Initiative Pass, but not the +1 Reaction

And once again, thank you for this amazing work.

I've updated the Echoes file to add the missing Reaction bit to Acceleration. I'll add the Skillsoft Emulation item to my list of things.
Nebular
One last update before I take a few days to relax over the holidays. biggrin.gif

Build 271
  • added support for uploading language files through the application (translators, see http://www.dndjunkie.com/chummer/wiki/Uplo...uage-Files.ashx for information)
  • Expense Entries can now be sorted by clicking on the column headings
  • fixed an issue where trying to edit old Expense Entries that cannot be edited would throw an error
  • removed the ability to select multiple Expense Entries from the same list as once as this had no use
  • "level" is now correctly translated in the Select Adept Power window
  • fixed an issue where the selected value for a Complex Form would appear twice after adding it to the character
  • fixed an issue that prevented Technomancers with the Biowire Echo from being able to add Skillsofts as Complex Forms
  • Skills now check Complex Forms for Skillsoft Ratings
ShadowWalker
The positive quality, Inspired, should ask for some text to note what the character is inspired about.
The same for Wanted, would be nice to have it show up directly as to who wants you.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Dec 24 2011, 07:39 PM) *
The positive quality, Inspired, should ask for some text to note what the character is inspired about.
The same for Wanted, would be nice to have it show up directly as to who wants you.

Done! Qualities file has been updated to add these.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Dec 24 2011, 11:05 PM) *
Done! Qualities file has been updated to add these.

cool thanks.
SpellBinder
Just got a copy of "State Of The Art 2073", and have expanded my custom vehicles file to include the similar models listed in it (link to download in my signature). Also added two more vehicle mods to make marking Security and Military vehicles & drones a bit easier.
Nebular
Doesn't mean much to those using English as their UI language, but this should clear up the problem of a ton of strings being hidden by other controls when using French or German. Now it's time for that short break. wink.gif

Build 272
  • all controls now reposition themselves to accommodate longer strings for non-English languages
deurk
nice biggrin.gif
TP13
Here are a couple of things to consider adding in when you find the time.

RW 34 Running Wild uddates previously published qualities and adept powers for the new skills it introduces. The Animal Empathy positive quality gives +2 dice pool bonus to all skills in the animal husbandry skill group. The Critter Spook negative quality gives a -2 dice pool penalty to all skills in the animal husbandry group. the Animal Empathy adept power gives a dice pool bonus according to rating to all skills in the animal husbandry group.

UN 147 The Advanced Overclocking echo should give a +1 bonus to living persona Response just like the Overclocking echo. It should also only add 1 matrix initiative pass, it currently adds 2. Right now a technomancer with overclocking and advanced overclocking gets 6 initiative passes and they should only have 5.

UN 147 The initiative add string for the Acceleration echo doesnt seem to work. I also dont understand why it needed a different string than the one used for say synaptic boosters or improved reflexes.

UN 149. Karma costs for aquiring skillsoft complex forms are calculated differently than other CFs. The cost of skillsoft CFs is one karma per rating point. A rating 2 skillsoft CF costs 2 karma not 3, a rating 3 skillsoft CF costs 3 karma not 6, and a rating 4 skillsoft CF costs 4 karma not 10,

War 154 The high power chambering firearm statblocks in War (HK-229X, HK G12A4M) have already calculated in the +2 DV from high powered rounds. When loading high power rounds into these weapons in chummer the weapon DV increases +2 instead of staying the same. There should be some sort of exception when adding this ammo to these firarms similar to adding flechette ammo into weopons whose statblocks already incorprate it.
deurk
Translations:
  • Impact and Balistic Encumbrance tooltips are untranslated
  • Advanced Contact Option tooltip is untranslated
  • In Metatype selection window, metavariant qualities are untranslated

Interface:
  • Quality selection window labels do not reposition themselves based on translated label length (buttons and search label)
  • Attributes should do not reposition based on columns translated label lengths
  • Creation summary totals do not reposition themselves based on translated label lengths
Mister Shed
Feature request: For characters in Career mode a calendar or something similar for helping keep track of lifestyle expenses, runs, and between run extended tests. Doesn't need to be overly complex, something like the Shadowrun Missions Calendar (.pdf here) would be ideal.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (TP13 @ Dec 27 2011, 07:47 PM) *
UN 149. Karma costs for aquiring skillsoft complex forms are calculated differently than other CFs. The cost of skillsoft CFs is one karma per rating point. A rating 2 skillsoft CF costs 2 karma not 3, a rating 3 skillsoft CF costs 3 karma not 6, and a rating 4 skillsoft CF costs 4 karma not 10,

You also need to include all the Program Options when adding a skillsoft as a complex form. The cost is 1 for each Program Option or 1 per rating of the Program Option.
You also can't increase it's rating. You buy it at the rating the skillsoft you threaded was at. The only way to increase it would be to threat a higher rating one.
This means that you can't go higher than a 4 for an activesoft or a 5 for a knowsoft of linguasoft.
crazymykl
During Character Creation, the numbers on the "Other Info" tab of the right-hand pane are incorrectly left-aligned.
Nebular
QUOTE (TP13 @ Dec 27 2011, 06:47 PM) *
UN 147 The initiative add string for the Acceleration echo doesnt seem to work. I also dont understand why it needed a different string than the one used for say synaptic boosters or improved reflexes.

Seems to be working properly. It adds to the character's real world Initiative Passes, so adding it to a character with 1 IP changes it to 1 (2). There is a problem with it not appearing properly on the printouts though, so I'll have that corrected in the next update. The reason the XML tag is different here is because anything that changes the number of IPs a character gets usually don't stack; you instead get the highest single IP bonus. This Echo is the exception to the rule, so the XML tag tells the application to use the highest single IP bonus and add this value to the result.

I've updated the Echoes, Powers, Qualities, and Weapons files to correct the issues. The two Weapons with High-Power Chambering have had their CV reduced by 2 since the Ammo itself adds those 2 points.
Nebular
Build 274
  • corrected the positioning of items in the Other Info tab in Create Mode
  • Metavariant Qualities are now translated in the Select Metatype window
  • tooltip for the Advanced Contact Options button is now properly translated
  • number of real world Initiative Passes is correctly calculated for printout XML
  • Ballistic Encumbrance and Impact Encumbrance are now translated in tooltips
  • all Search labels now reposition themselves based on string lengths
  • added a new Karma value for Complex Form Skillsoft (default 1)
  • Skillsoft Complex Forms now cost an amount of Karma equal to the amount set in the Options window
New Strings
  • String_BallisticEncumbrance
  • String_ImpactEncumbrance
  • Label_Options_ComplexFormSkillsoft
deurk
Thank you smile.gif
SpellBinder
Would it be possible to put a read box somewhere in Chummer (like the title bar, menu bar, or icon bar) that picks up the rule set being used? It had been bugging me for weeks trying to figure out why a character was being encumbered by armor when it didn't exceed BOX × 2, only to find when I checked the code of the save file that it was using a rule set where I have it set to BOD + STR for armor encumbrance instead.
Tashiro
Armour Piercing Flechette (from War) do not have the +5 AP that normal flechette have. Instead, the AP is +0. They still have the +2 damage and are still resisted by Impact armour.
Edit: The reason I bring this up, is because any flechette weapon (such as the Ares Viper) that uses AP flechette should have an AP listed as 0, not +5. The reason it has +5 is because it can only use flechette, and up until War came out, there was only the one type. This would apply to any slivergun.
Ilod
Hello,
  • Bioware should be able to be marked as a transgenic modification, as written in the "Animal Feature"'s description (Augmentation, p93), the GM can allow any bioware to be a transgenic modification with the same Nuyen and Essence cost. Which mean you can have a 20% discount and a free bioware if you have either Genetic Heritage or Genecrafted qualities.
  • You should be able to mark tires as not installed on a vehicle. I want to have two set of tires on a vehicle, Racing Tires and Smart Tires, and change them when I need (shouldn't be a problem to do this). I can't buy them anywhere but in vehicle modifications, and bonuses of the two Tires are added to the vehicle stats if I do so.
  • As written in the Ares Light Fire 70 description (Arsenal, p21), you should be able to buy a special silencer exclusive to this pistol for 250 Nuyen.
  • Tiffani Élégance Shooting Bracer's cost should maybe be 1250+, in it's description (Arsenal, p40), it's written than customized versions are available with additional costs up to the GM.
crazymykl
The Adept Power Penetrating Strike does not give Unarmed Strikes AP on the printed sheet.
Ilod
  • Damage code for Unarmed Attack (which shows up when you use the print tool) is not translated (it shows as 3S in french, should be 3E)
  • Cool resolve should gice a +1 bonus to social tests, like Kinesics.
  • Foregrip and Sling recoil compensation should be cumulative (Arsenal, p148)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012