Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 5 2011, 04:07 PM) *
On the Vehicle Block character sheet it has System, Response, Firewall, and Signal, but they are all blank.
System isn't needed because that's your Pilot, unless it's supposed to represent a commlink that is on the
vehicle/drone. At which point there should be some place for the Response, Firewall and Signal that goes
with the Pilot.

What I find strange is there is a specific place for Autosofts, but they are still listed in Gear.

Perhaps you could send your .chum file, because the System, Response and such are filling in for my chars. Chummer doesn't assign those 4 values specifically for a vehicle, so we find those values from any commlink attached to this Vehicle or in character general gear. I'm not super confident on the rules for Vehicles, but I know vehicles should have those 4 values in some way. Any guidance we can get as to specific Rules from where these values should come would be very helpful.

The sheet shows all gear attached to the vehicle, the autosofts can come from the vehicle or from general character gear, or also it can be from a commlink attached to the vehicle or the general character gear. I suppose we could filter the gear listed to not show Autosofts and those specific Programs listed on the sheet.

Edit:
Looking at the file, you can change line 389 to:
CODE
<xsl:for-each select="gears/gear[(category != 'Matrix Programs' and (name != 'Analyze' or name != 'Encrypt' or name != 'Scan' or name != 'Armor' or name != 'ECCM')) and category!= 'Autosofts']">

and line 403 to:
CODE
(<xsl:for-each select="children/gear[(category != 'Matrix Programs' and (name != 'Analyze' or name != 'Encrypt' or name != 'Scan' or name != 'Armor' or name != 'ECCM')) and category!= 'Autosofts']">

That will filter out the Program type items listed separately. It will, however, also remove the ability to see any mods made to the programs.
deurk
Automatic entries in the journal have untranslated content:
"Achat d'un Equipement Ammo: Gel Rounds"
deurk
Also, when I try to modify an entry in the journal on the nuyen side, it pops up a window with labels mentioning karma, not nuyen (even though it is filled with correct values), and the default text for an entry in the journal is untranslated smile.gif
deurk
  • Categories displayed in weapon modification selection are untranslated
  • Gear screen categories are untranslated
  • If I buy a spare clip for a weapon as an accessory in the weapon screen, selecting it and clicking reload offers me the choice of using all my grenades to reload the clip.
Sengir
A small usability improvement: Currently, what you enter in the "Common" tab is the character's real name, to enter the street name/alias you have to switch to the Character Info tab. Given that most people use their characters' street names as primary identifier while the real name is "only" part of the advanced character background, wouldn't it make sense to switch those two fields?
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 6 2011, 01:23 AM) *
A small usability improvement: Currently, what you enter in the "Common" tab is the character's real name, to enter the street name/alias you have to switch to the Character Info tab. Given that most people use their characters' street names as primary identifier while the real name is "only" part of the advanced character background, wouldn't it make sense to switch those two fields?
Seconded. I did that wrong the first time.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 5 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Perhaps you could send your .chum file, because the System, Response and such are filling in for my chars. Chummer doesn't assign those 4 values specifically for a vehicle, so we find those values from any commlink attached to this Vehicle or in character general gear. I'm not super confident on the rules for Vehicles, but I know vehicles should have those 4 values in some way. Any guidance we can get as to specific Rules from where these values should come would be very helpful.

The sheet shows all gear attached to the vehicle, the autosofts can come from the vehicle or from general character gear, or also it can be from a commlink attached to the vehicle or the general character gear. I suppose we could filter the gear listed to not show Autosofts and those specific Programs listed on the sheet.

Edit:
Looking at the file, you can change line 389 to:
CODE
<xsl:for-each select="gears/gear[(category != 'Matrix Programs' and (name != 'Analyze' or name != 'Encrypt' or name != 'Scan' or name != 'Armor' or name != 'ECCM')) and category!= 'Autosofts']">

and line 403 to:
CODE
(<xsl:for-each select="children/gear[(category != 'Matrix Programs' and (name != 'Analyze' or name != 'Encrypt' or name != 'Scan' or name != 'Armor' or name != 'ECCM')) and category!= 'Autosofts']">

That will filter out the Program type items listed separately. It will, however, also remove the ability to see any mods made to the programs.

The Response, Signal and Firewall are all showing up on the vehicle tab, or at least they are since the last update.
The character doesn't have a commlink, only the vehicle. Having those 3 attributes showing up for the vehicle is important since they can all be upgraded separately.
You are correct having the programs listed in gear is a good idea since they can have program options linked to them. Removing the word Rating would be nice where the
programs and their options are concerned. Having it say, "Analyze 5 (Copy Protection 5, Registration) would be better for it takes up a lot less space.
Maybe changing the programs/autosofts in the gear list so that those without options don't get listed. Having it sorting the gear by gear category might be better than by
alphabetical would I think be better. Having all Matrix programs listed in one group, autosofts in another, etc would, at least for me, be better.
Although if we get locations for vehicles maybe that would help that, as it would allow for the ability to show the Location in gear and all items in that location.

Is the upper left corner supposed to be for a picture? If so how do you put a picture in there for the vehicle?
There is also a large empty space in the first column above mods and to the left of gear. Not sure what's expected to go there, may be weapons?
Having a place that lists each Targeting Autosoft and applicable ways it could be used would be nice.
Also showing passive targeting and active targeting rolls as either the Pilot or the Rigger would be good.

On another note, is there a version of the regular character sheet that doesn't have vehicles on it? Seems that space could be used for something else if you use the vehicle block sheet.
Having a separate sheet for commlinks/nexi/bio-node would also be cool.
ShadowWalker
The Adept Power, Pain Resistance does not change the modifiers on damage tracks on the character sheet.

Would it be possible to change the highlighting of the skills so that you get three bars of one colour and then 3 colours of the other?
This is actually easier to read than the alternating bar colours.
So three white, three grey, three white, three grey, and so on.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 5 2011, 11:31 PM) *
The Response, Signal and Firewall are all showing up on the vehicle tab, or at least they are since the last update.
The character doesn't have a commlink, only the vehicle. Having those 3 attributes showing up for the vehicle is important since they can all be upgraded separately.

Those stats are still not in the XML, so there is no way currently to access that for the printout

Is the upper left corner supposed to be for a picture? If so how do you put a picture in there for the vehicle?
There is also a large empty space in the first column above mods and to the left of gear. Not sure what's expected to go there, may be weapons?

I don't have any empty spaces unless there is no data for one of the blocks. There is no picture.

Having a place that lists each Targeting Autosoft and applicable ways it could be used would be nice.
Also showing passive targeting and active targeting rolls as either the Pilot or the Rigger would be good.

If you can tell me where in the books to find out how to do that, or tell me where to get the info, then I can do that.

On another note, is there a version of the regular character sheet that doesn't have vehicles on it? Seems that space could be used for something else if you use the vehicle block sheet.
Having a separate sheet for commlinks/nexi/bio-node would also be cool.

You can click the "Show:Yes" on the bottom bar of the vehicle window, and that will make it not show in the printout.

I have begun work on a Commlink specific printout, but work is busy right now, so it might not be finished quickly. I'll post here when I have something worth sharing.
McDougle
OMG... do u want to kill Nebular, guys? wacko.gif

He has to work through like a million posts the next time he goes online. ninja.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Jazz @ Nov 4 2011, 07:10 PM) *
S.O.X.' stuff :

Thanks! I've updated the Books, Critters, and Spells files to include this stuff.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 5 2011, 01:00 AM) *
The Cyberarm Gyromount should have a rating of 3. At least that is what is in the description of it.

Also having a way to easily see book names as opposed to the code would be wonderful, or at least show the code next to the name in the options window.

The Gyromount offers a stabilization system (basically Recoil compensation) of Rating 3, the device itself does not have a Rating.

A number of the Source fields have tooltips that show the full book name and page number but I believe I need to update a number of the newer ones to include them. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 5 2011, 03:39 AM) *
  • I thought we could edit advanced lifestyles?

Double-clicking on the Advanced Lifestyle opens it back up in the Advanced Lifestyle window so you can edit it.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Nov 5 2011, 10:21 AM) *
i will be reading the thread backward to try to discover what happened to armors.

EDIT : that's weird, but you are right. Sorry for the disturbance ^^'
EDIT 2 : but the problem stay for militaty armors and theirs mods. they should'nt be [0] their values are given in AR182. Same problem with full body armor, Urban Explorer Jumpsuit and their helmets (AR44).
EDIT 3 : i tried to modifie a Lined coat, i can add all the armors mods in it, whitout a problem. Can you manage to have a rating points calculation for the "mundane" armors please ?

Have you enabled the Armor Suit Capacity and Maximum Armor Modifiers optional rules? Nothing has or consumes capacity unless the optional rule for them to do so it turned on now.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 5 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Nebular,

Time modification in journal entries is weird, I have 24 hours system clock and I cannot set anything under 12:00 nyahnyah.gif

frown.gif Sigh. Why can't the world just agree on one universal way to show numbers, dates, and time?! I don't care which one, but just one. smile.gif For now you should be able to at least use the AM/PM setting.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 5 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Yeah, it's a little confusing now. Originally Name was the only field there so it made sense, but Alias eventually came along. I'll swap them in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 6 2011, 01:59 AM) *
The Adept Power, Pain Resistance does not change the modifiers on damage tracks on the character sheet.

Looks like it's working to me. I made a character in both Create and Career Mode and the Condition Monitor Threshold is being moved appropriately when the Power is added and its Rating increased in both the application and on the character sheet.
Minimax le Rouge
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 6 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Have you enabled the Armor Suit Capacity and Maximum Armor Modifiers optional rules? Nothing has or consumes capacity unless the optional rule for them to do so it turned on now.

My bad it's good for me now.

This rules give strange results. For exemple :
Put a Simrig in a Helmet (6 rating points), you can add 5 Rating point more.
Put a Simrig in a Militarry Helmet (5 Capacity slot), you can nothing more.
But it's not a problem with Chummer, it's a broken rules problem.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 5 2011, 01:55 AM) *
In the same way that you look at the cost to see if it's "Rating*x" could you not also look for "VARIABLE" and have chummer put in an edit box where the cost label would normally be?
This would allow the player to put in an appropriate cost for it.

Excellent idea. I'll also add a minimum and maximum value for this so it can actually enforce the items with prices like 5 - 200. (or unlimited if no maximum is given so you can have costs of 10,000+)
deurk
QUOTE (McDougle @ Nov 6 2011, 03:30 PM) *
OMG... do u want to kill Nebular, guys? wacko.gif

He has to work through like a million posts the next time he goes online. ninja.gif

True. Sorry for that Nebular!
Been using it more and more, and has other people use it a lot more now that it is translated.
If you need me to sum up the things that I mentioned and are still undealt with, just say the word, I'll aggregate it all in one post.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 6 2011, 12:29 PM) *
True. Sorry for that Nebular!
Been using it more and more, and has other people use it a lot more now that it is translated.
If you need me to sum up the things that I mentioned and are still undealt with, just say the word, I'll aggregate it all in one post.

*gasp* *wheeze* No, I'm good... Just let me catch my breath. wink.gif That was a lot of stuff to enter. If that was one day, what is it going to be like when I'm gone for 10?! wobble.gif
deurk
Hehe, exactly my thought, but I'll be nice, I'll keep all my requests in my pocket until you come back nyahnyah.gif
McDougle
I canīt promise that. nyahnyah.gif

Iīm currently not GMing and only playing about once a week(hence I seldom find bugs or have new ideas anymore), but if something comes to mind I always post it as fast as i can so I donīt forget it. ^^

And if coloring entries is not possible(a player told me it would need a lot of coding and memoryusage, dunnow though if that is true), could we at least get colors for locations?
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 5 2011, 03:39 AM) *
  • To be consistent, could we translate attributes in the <attributes> tree like in <skills>?

The translated values for Attributes are already in the UI file and the application uses those any time an Attribute name is required, so the data translation file doesn't need any Attribute information. Am I missing something?
deurk
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *
The translated values for Attributes are already in the UI file and the application uses those any time an Attribute name is required, so the data translation file doesn't need any Attribute information. Am I missing something?

No, it is right. Either I missed something or forgot why I said that nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Oh btw, when you provide translation for P/S for damage types, please also provide the same for ammunition types if it is not the case yet.
deurk
On weapons, damages are untranslated and result in sometimes displaying things like: Chemical (10m radius)
deurk
On the character sheet, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the DEAD mention is one box too early.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *
*gasp* *wheeze* No, I'm good... Just let me catch my breath. wink.gif That was a lot of stuff to enter. If that was one day, what is it going to be like when I'm gone for 10?! wobble.gif

Hm, ever thought of running a bugtracker or something similar?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 7 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Hm, ever thought of running a bugtracker or something similar?

he does, it's just not accessible to the outside world.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 06:45 AM) *
On the character sheet, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the DEAD mention is one box too early.
Once you mark off the last box of OverFlow, you are dead, right? You don't get an additional box? So the way I think it is working is, if you have an OverFlow of 3, you have 2 boxes of "I'm Still Dying", and then once you mark off the 3rd box, you are dead. Is this not how it looks for you?
deurk
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 7 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Once you mark off the last box of OverFlow, you are dead, right? You don't get an additional box? So the way I think it is working is, if you have an OverFlow of 3, you have 2 boxes of "I'm Still Dying", and then once you mark off the 3rd box, you are dead. Is this not how it looks for you?

You should have 8 + (BOD/2, rounded up) boxes for Physical monitor, the last one being the one where you go into coma (incapacitated), then you have BOD coma boxes, then the next box should be the dead one.

So, for example, my character has BOD 5. It should have 10 regular boxes, 6 coma ones then one dead.
That is, unless I'm mistaking the rule about it:
QUOTE (Shadorun 20th Edition @ page 163)
Unconsciousness
When all of the available boxes in a track (Physical or Stun) are filled in,
the character immediately falls unconscious and drops to the ground.

Exceeding the Condition Monitor
If a character takes more Physical damage than he has boxes in the
Physical damage track, the character is in trouble. Overflowing the
Physical damage track means that the character is near death. Instant
death occurs only if damage overflows the Physical damage track by
more than the character’s Body attribute. One point over that limit
and they will be toasted over drinks at their favorite shadowrunner bar.

So, again unless I'm making a mistake, the current SR4 Chummer sheet misses one coma box overall in the overflow, and the last box of non-overflow should state coma as well.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 05:45 AM) *

Holy crap, you're right! It's when the number of boxes exceeds your BOD, not equal to your BOD. Characters in Career Mode (and printed) should have one more box added to their Physical CM track. Definitely fixed in the next update. If you have BOD 4, you should have 4 overflow (dark grey) boxes in your CM track plus one more for the Dead box. The way I was calculating the overflow was correct but I was forgetting to account for the one extra box I needed to mark someone as dead. nyahnyah.gif
deurk
Is there any way to run Chummer under MacOS, without going the VM route?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 09:36 AM) *
You should have 8 + (BOD/2, rounded up) boxes for Physical monitor, the last one being the one where you go into coma (incapacitated), then you have BOD coma boxes, then the next box should be the dead one.

So, for example, my character has BOD 5. It should have 10 regular boxes, 6 coma ones then one dead.
That is, unless I'm mistaking the rule about it:

So, again unless I'm making a mistake, the current SR4 Chummer sheet misses one coma box overall in the overflow, and the last box of non-overflow should state coma as well.

math is wrong, 8+3=11 boxes, and then 5 boxes of bleeding allover the place. Although you do go unconscious after taking that 11th box your not bleeding until you take more boxes. The sixth box of bleeding kills you.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 09:40 AM) *

There is a version of Mono for the mac. No clue if it fully supports .net 4.
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Only way I know of without using BootCamp to VM a Windows environemnt is to either wait until Mono finally releases their fully .NET 4-compliant build or compile your own version of the fully .NET 4-compliant build if you can find one.
deurk
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Nov 7 2011, 02:44 PM) *
math is wrong, 8+3=11 boxes, and then 5 boxes of bleeding allover the place. Although you do go unconscious after taking that 11th box your not bleeding until you take more boxes. The sixth box of bleeding kills you.

Well, math is not wrong, since you end up with the same number of boxes (17, and not 16 like currently) but labeling is wrong.
10 regular boxes, 1 knocked out box, 5 bleeding boxes and the dead box.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 7 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Holy crap, you're right! It's when the number of boxes exceeds your BOD, not equal to your BOD. Characters in Career Mode (and printed) should have one more box added to their Physical CM track. Definitely fixed in the next update. If you have BOD 4, you should have 4 overflow (dark grey) boxes in your CM track plus one more for the Dead box. The way I was calculating the overflow was correct but I was forgetting to account for the one extra box I needed to mark someone as dead. nyahnyah.gif

Would it be best to change the cmoverflow in the XML to add +1 or to change the ConditionMonitor xsl:template to know to add an additional box?

Edit:
If you want to do it only in the ConditionMonitor template, you can add a " + 1" on line 16 of the template like this:
[ Spoiler ]

Edit 2:
If you would like, you can message me and I will integrate my function into your existing xslt sheet and make that change.
Diabolos
Adding any Commlink Operating System Upgrade as a plugin to a Commlink Operating System causes an error when you re-load the character.
Irian
I noticed, that one bug is still there: When trying to edit an expense that has 0 karma (for example, by taking a quality for free) an error message appears. It seems, that zero karma points is not allowed:

[ Spoiler ]
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 6 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Looks like it's working to me. I made a character in both Create and Career Mode and the Condition Monitor Threshold is being moved appropriately when the Power is added and its Rating increased in both the application and on the character sheet.

hmm, seems to be working now. I must have misread it when I was looking at it. Sorry about that.
Nebular
Build 244
  • Character Name has been shortened to Name and moved to the Character Info tab (swapping places with Alias which now appears on the Common tab)
  • editing a Nuyen Expense now properly shows the Nuyen labels instead of Karma ones
  • Skillsofts and Autosofts now come with the Copy Protection and Registration Program Options when added
  • Weapon Modifications and Accessories now show their calculated cost instead of "Weapon Cost"
  • options in the FIRE menu are now translated names
  • Gear now shows its translated Category properly
  • Metatype and Metavariant are now translated in the printout XML
  • Weapon Modification Category name in the Select Weapon Mod window is now translated
  • Avail fields now show their translated Avail code
  • Expense Entries that are created automatically now use the translated names of the items affected/added
  • added missing tooltip for Metatype Source
  • Notes can now be added to Bioware
  • Gear, Armor, and Cyberware now support items that have a variable Cost that is not tied to Rating
  • Select Weapon Category message when purchasing Ammo now reads from the translation file
  • Weapon Damage and AP codes now read from the translation file
  • Edit Expense window now uses the system's current date and time format for displaying date and time information
  • editing an Expense with an amount of 0 no longer throws an error
Modified Strings
  • Label_CharacterName
New Strings
  • String_WeaponCost
  • String_VehicleCost
  • String_SingleShot
  • String_ShortBurst
  • String_LongBurst
  • String_FullBurst
  • String_SuppressiveFire
  • String_AvailRestricted
  • String_AvailForbidden
  • String_DamageStun
  • String_DamagePhysical
  • String_SelectVariableCost
  • String_SelectWeaponCategoryAmmo
  • String_APHalf
  • String_DamageChemical
  • String_DamageSpecial
  • String_DamageElectric
  • String_DamageFlechette
  • String_DamagePOrS
  • String_DamageGrenade
  • String_DamageMissile
  • String_DamageMortar
  • String_DamageRocket
  • String_DamageAsDrugToxin
  • String_DamageAsRound
  • String_DamageMeter
Nebular
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 7 2011, 03:50 PM) *
Would it be best to change the cmoverflow in the XML to add +1 or to change the ConditionMonitor xsl:template to know to add an additional box?

Nothing needs to change on the sheets. All of the Condition Monitor info comes from the Character object that the rest of the application uses, so changing it in one places changes it everywhere. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Diabolos @ Nov 7 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Adding any Commlink Operating System Upgrade as a plugin to a Commlink Operating System causes an error when you re-load the character.

Doh. Used to be that Commlink Operating System Upgrades could only be applied to the Commlink itself, so that where it's expecting them. The recent reorganisation of Gear opened up the unintended ability to add them to other things. This should be fixed in the next update. (I noticed your post while I was uploading the current update nyahnyah.gif)
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 7 2011, 06:22 PM) *
Nothing needs to change on the sheets. All of the Condition Monitor info comes from the Character object that the rest of the application uses, so changing it in one places changes it everywhere. smile.gif

That's true, but now the overflow number is not really your overflow number anymore, it's the overflow + 1, which means if anyone needs to use the overflow data anywhere besides the Physical CM, then they have to remember to subtract the one back off.

But either way works.
deurk
QUOTE (KeyMasterOfGozer @ Nov 7 2011, 10:57 PM) *
That's true, but now the overflow number is not really your overflow number anymore, it's the overflow + 1, which means if anyone needs to use the overflow data anywhere besides the Physical CM, then they have to remember to subtract the one back off.

But either way works.

I agree, it's better to change the character sheet and leave Chummer as it is!
Overflow information was right, the DEAD box is not part of the overflow, it is the next (and last) step.
KeyMasterOfGozer
QUOTE (deurk @ Nov 7 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I agree, it's better to change the character sheet and leave Chummer as it is!
Overflow information was right, the DEAD box is not part of the overflow, it is the next (and last) step.

I propose using these 3 files as a replacement for what we have now.

I pulled the Condition Monitor code into a separate file to be included. This one has the extra box for dead, but we can easily change it to take that out.
ConditionMonitor.xslt

Then I included that file in Base Character template, and use the function for creating the CMs on the page:
Shadowrun 4 Base.xslt

Then I re-did the Vehicle Block sheet with the ConditionMonitor Template as an include.
Vehicle Block.xsl

Now changes to the Condition Monitor all happen in one place.

Edit:
Note that the style sheet info for the CM is not in the ConditionMonitor.xslt, it is still in the file that calls it. That way, if different sheets need a different look, then they can accommodate that. You need styles for .conditionmonitorbox , .conditionmonitorboxfilled and .conditionmonitorboxnotused
KeyMasterOfGozer
I never knew you could do this kind of Include thing. This gets me thinking.

What if we pulled every "block" in the base template out into it's own Include file. Then the GUI could give a pick list of xslt blocks to include in the print, and the user could order them as he liked. Then, when you make the character XML, at the bottom of it, you include XML that lists the desired Includes, and a "Master" xslt is used, which will loop through the list of desired includes for the info of each character.

Just an idea, but it might let the user customize a print to only include the blocks the user needs, and in the order he needs, and also it would allow you to cherry pick different styles of a particular block. For instance, if your character is just a regular StreetSam, you could opt for the regular thin Vehicle block, but if your char is a Rigger, you could opt instead for the detailed Vehicle Block.
deurk
I second this idea, will finish my sheet before splitting it into blocks though.
I'd like to see a directory per language if we go multiplying the sheet files as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012